Reviews of Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center 3 stars

1750 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA

#7 of 12 hotels in Rockville

What I didn't like about the property was the 4 o clock check in and the early check out. We checked late but the check was early.

The property was spacious, beautiful surroundings and friendly staff. It was easy to uber to different locations.The hotel was very clean. The breakfast was excellent.

• Queen Room

You have to pay an extra $15 for parking The hotel offers free breakfast if you book directly from their website, but charged me $18 for breakfast because I used booking.com. Also, the rates were the same, so of all of my friends staying at this hotel for a wedding, only my room had to pay for breakfast.

Beautiful, clean and comfortable room.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Im 18 years old and i was able to book a room but when I went to check in thy said I had to be 21+! I had to get my older sister to come in and show her identification in order for me to get my room! If I hadn’t had her you would’ve taken my money and i wouldn’t have gotten my room! I think that’s a bit messed up! Other than that the stay was amazing

Very clean, very spacious, truly beautiful

• King Room with City View

I could hear EVERYTHING. the room next to me, the room above me, the people outside my room, the people outside my window at the train stop. It was so loud up until 4am before I finally fell asleep from exhaustion, just to wake up at 6:30am to an angry customer screaming that his wake up call was too early. Also, the room was difficult to find as they forgot to mention there was a second corridor.

the room service food was really good. The salmon added to my salad was HUGE.

My AC wasn’t working right but they came and got it going again immediately. It started to go out again in the morning before I left

Good location , very open

• Queen Room

The hotel is fine for me, but the service may be a little different than what some may expect. Many internationals work there and do their best, basically it functions and everyone tries hard. But running a hotel can be complicated. For example the exit gate to the parking garage was not working, the staff had to discover what was wrong and eventually put it on a setting to keep it open. If one can just imagine oneself at the hotel as being on international travel to Eastern Europe, the Indian sub-continent or SE Asia and having some tolerance. Such places are great, but it requires patience. So if you are easy-going, this hotel is a good choice. To use the WIFI, one is supposed be a rewards member-- so no WIFI for me-- a good excuse not to use the phone or computer. :>(

For my trips to Washington, DC, I use this hotel and the Twinbrook Red Line Station. It is far enough out of town to be convenient to miss much of the crazy traffic-- I park my car and use the Metro. I have enjoyed this hotel for over 10 years on my trips to Washington, DC. There are many reasonable choices for food across the street to the west, and a grocery store across the street to the south. I appreciate there is no mini-bar and instead a large refrigerator to stock supplies from the grocery store. I park my car in an underground parking garage supplied by the hotel. This location is the best way to experience Washington, DC for the automobile traveler. I plan to always come back. For the price this hotel is a great value compared to the overpriced dingy hotels you get in Western Europe, but compared to China where there are amazing hotels at somewhat low prices, the price is a little expensive for such a modestly furnished hotel. Nevertheless, for me, it is adequate and I wish no other hotel during my visits to Washington, DC. I live in Michigan 10 hours driving time to Washington, DC. Flying to Washington, DC is annoying and takes almost just as much time. With a car, I can take more luggage with no luggage fee and as much in the way of supplies (coca-cola, drawing tools, snacks) as I wish to bring. On a plane it is a nightmare. With a car, on the way home or to Washington, I can visit Gettysburg, or Falling Water, the NFL Hall of Fame, or the rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And I do not have to be insulted by airline food. I can choose the restaurant of my choice. :>)

Front desk personnel could have been more personable and flexible. My stay was booked through Booking.com and they put the room in my partners name and not my own. Instead of the Front desk calling Booking.com to clear up the matter, they insisted I call Booking.com to straighten out the matter. Good customer service would have been for the FRONT DESK to take the initiative and make the call.

The check-in staff is terrible. It takes him more than 30 minutes to check in for us. He asked us to wait for him to check the room, but he did not. He said the room is not yet available, but the couple came after us got the room with other staff. Until when we complained and said we wanted to talk to the supervisor, he checked in for us in 3 minutes. The gate of the garage did not work, we have to call from garage every time we wanted to get out.

The bed is very comfortable. The room is clean and nice

This place would've been perfect if it included breakfast (though there was a Starbucks downstairs - that really helped)

Room was clean and well appointed. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Meeting space was nice.

• Queen Room

We were traveling with a very large group of parents and children. We got back from our lacrosse tournament and ordered pizza's for the girls only to be told they were not allowed to sit in the open lobby gathering space and eat it and that we would have to leave. 10 teenage girls had to go to one of our rooms and eat on our beds. Absolutely unacceptable. This was only after YOUR staff handed us the pizza menu and not once did they mention we couldn't eat it inside the hotel or even outside on the patio. We travel a lot and will never use this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

room quiet good bed and clean bathroom close to metro to washington great staff ': patient and redyallltime to help clercs and bell boy answer my questions

Although we had an advanced reservation the room which was offered was not on the higher floor and did not have out door view. Did not like the room.

The beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• King Room with City View

The parking.

I love the view that I had from my room of the train station. I arrived early and they made sure I had a room. I was on a business trip but it felt like leisure. The room was big and comfy. They provided extra towels. The food was a bit pricey but I think worth it. My dinner and breakfast was delicious delivered on a tray right to my room. The drive to Washington D.C. was not that bad so the location was good for me. The price of the hotel was definitely a deal and parking was not that bad.

Management staff ESA the worst ever in my life. Specially the person named DAVID. First, he would not tell me his name. Later, he won't give me his last name. I was waiting in the waiting room. He told me either I have to check in or leave the property. If I didn't leave the property, he would send me to jail.

House keeping staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

The spill in the bathtub when taking my shower, & big white stain in the bedroom floor, the outdated phone set, the dirty tv remote which was not operating properly ...

We got a basement roomy (floor T2). The room was dark, the air was stuffy and we could hear foot steps above us. The parking garage has some issues with sewage because it had a very strong foul smell.

It's right in the center of town and close to everything

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Restaurant wasn't open for breakfast when we needed to eat. Also, the price was too high. Should have been included with the price of the room.

Convenient location

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

The bartender was very RUDE! And the pancakes were cold.

Front desk staff was awesome. Ralston, i think his name was, was very professional yet welcoming. The eggs were good. The fruit was sweet.

everything was great ! clean & friendly environment will be staying again :)

Need a swimming pool

Staff was very friendly and helpful

When I had to do part I didn’t like that

The peace and quiet was incredible

To many doors to other rooms, it make you feel unsafe. TV was bad, no HD channels.

Parking was convenient even if we paid for it

• King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

calmness and sun zero in the room was very important to me. and I have got it

Room was clean,nice,love the glass shower😀😀

I felt that the customer service could be better.

atmosphere was great

• King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

WiFi was down during my whole stay, only a hot spot was available in the lobby.

Excellent service, great facilities

Could hear the people next door to me

Great Facility

Worn out rooms and facilities.

Personal grooming area was convenient. Private toilet area.

Property parking is not all that great

Very good location

We did not have breakfast.

Location and service

No breakfast provided.

connecting to wifi is unnecessarily complicated

• Queen Room

indoor or outdoor pool which was taken away.

the beds are extremely comfortable

The rug in my room was shaggy.

The bed was very comfortable!

No pool

Everything great friendly staff decor was amazing very nice upgrade miss the pool though

The pillows could have been thicker. The continental breakfast could have been larger for the price.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Very convenient location. I was attending an event at the venue and its proximity to the metro was great. The facilities were also nice. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

quiet close to metro station breakfast

Cleaning before our check in was very irrespective : fast-food box from guest before us left in the minibar😕

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Renovated restaurant,staff

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Best hotel

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Comfortable bed. Wonderful bathroom and amenities. Quiet at night. Spacious room.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

Turpentine smell in hotel and on floor

Beds comfortable

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Bar and restaurant a bit cold and impersonnel

Access to the conference room

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Food was excellent

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

very noisy room AC/heating unit (rm 308)

the convenience

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

I wish the breakfast was included.

the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Location near to my friends home and other facilities walking by!

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

The air conditioner was extremely loud. I had to turn it off to beable to sleep and the light in the hallway shined soo bright through the door made it difficult to sleep also cuz I am a very light sleeper.

I liked everything at this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

One waitress at the dining/bar area.

Quietness of the hotel room. House keeping responsive, hard-working and go the extra mile to take care of customers.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

after waiting 10 mins to get my key, I went to my room and only got a red light; went back to the desk, waited another 15 mins, and then second card got me as far as a green light, but the door was broken and did not open; back to the desk, called a service person, waited for him for another 10 mins, and he agreed the door was broken. An hour after I had arrived, finally got into a room. However, most of the rooms do not have real windows - only look out into the hallway!!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2015

the serving staff at breakfast food choice at breakfast breakfast not included in the room rate

spacious room distinctive lobby atrium proximity to the metro station

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

I wish it would include breakfast.

I go to dc to meet my friend and this hotel is not far from downtown. I don't know about subway because I drive and it is quite convenient to go to downtown by ur car.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2015

Our room hadn't a outdoor window, but only a indoor window. Pool hours were limited.

nice and comfortable room. Free wifi. Close to the metro. Good price.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

The hotel gets old and comfort is far from what you can expect at this rates. Walls are thin and doesn't stop noise, which is especially annoying for this hotel with a huge patio. I can't recommend this place

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

We had no complaints at all.

The location adjacent to Twinbrook Metro station was super convenient. There are plenty of great restaurants within a short walking distance. The hotel rooms were large and very comfortable. The staff were all very friendly. Our kids loved the pool and hot tub. WiFi was actually free despite the website statement that there was a fee. We would have loved to stay longer.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2015

toilet ran all night, dirtiest mismatched upolestry.tackiest Hilton I ever stayed in. loud juvenile neighbors.stunk!

nothing. knew nothing about pool hours. never was available to swim. where is my refund the they promised?

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

Dinner menu was inadequate - few choice Could not get taxis at this location

Excellent breakfast Room facilities were excellent Walking distance to Metro Rail Station

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

under construction never told us AC turned off on Friday

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

The Internet connection could have been better. We had to reconnect every day and the password given to us did not always work.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Bldg under renovations

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

A/C in our room did not work and it was 83 degrees in our room all night and couldn't get a good sleep

Close to where we needed to be

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

We were offered a room without an external window. This is not acceptable.

convenient for our purposes

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Paying to park although you purchased a room was a bit of a let down.

Great bed, quiet room.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

Expensive parking horrible bed hotel is well worn.

Staff location

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

inside was absolutely beautiful!

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

Parking was expensive

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

Poor wife reception in room 830

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

I wish there was a dvd player in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

The location, decor, restaurant and pool.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

Not having a complimentary breakfast. Even a small portion one.

Alot of different comfort areas.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Quiet- comfortable - convenient

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

Beautiful hotel with amazing amenities. Not too far from DC and very quiet at night.

There are also 48 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.