Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Silver Spring 4 stars

8727 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA

#8 of 11 hotels in Silver Spring

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

I did not like when me an my partner went down to the lobby to by snacks.. one of the staff double charge my card again for a room deposit. When i checked in one of the staff charge my card the deposit towards the room. Then a next staff charge my card a second time.

I like that the staff Allow me to decorate the room to propose to my partner.

Rooms were very small.for a Hilton honors level room this does not measure up also there was no phone in the room. I had to use my cell phone to call the front desk.

Clean and comfortable.

Our room was not ready at the stated check in time and we did not receive the promised call when it became ready, making us late for the show we were in town to see. I gave the front desk my Hilton Honors info (I did not originally enter this info on my reservation) but was not able to be placed on a Hilton Honors floor. There seemed to be construction on the floor in which our room was located. The shower curtain was hung incorrectly so water flooded the bathroom. I had to clean it up and rehang the curtain. Some of the furnishings in the lobby and the room were shabby.

The restaurant was excellent. Food was good and the restaurant and front desk staff was very nice. We were giving restaurant and parking comps for the inconvenience of our room not being ready on time (see below). However we could not use the parking since the lot was always full when we came in from our excursions. The area is great. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants extremely close to the hotel.

• Double Room with Hearing/Mobile Access and Roll in Shower

Smell of stale air. No shelf in bathroom for cosmetics such as shaving cream, toothpaste, etc.

Firm mattress,, cozy feeling. Staff very courteous and friendly.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Mix up and wait time for room I’d booked. Hotel over run by school groups- noisy and disrespectful. furniture a bit shabby and worn in some rooms and foyer.

Duty Manager and Front Desk Manager were great. Valet Parking attendants were delightful.

Very basic. No fridge or anything. Bathroom only had facial soap and lotion. (not even shampoo) Employees inside kept acting like I wasnt good enough to be there. Felt like they thought I was up to something because I wasnt in a suit.

The room was comfortable. Valet was awesome even when busy and location for me was great.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

1. 2 hours late with check in. We arrived at 3pm and could not get a room until after 5pm. 2. Nasty attitude after asking about room from front desk. 3. furniture was dirty and cushions didnt fit. 4 No fridge or microwave in a SUITE? Got a beat up fridge after requesting it. 5. Hotel decided to replace AC for entire hotel and room was HOT! They offered box fans. 6. TV in bedroom was still in Store display mode, so every 10 seconds you would TV features across the screen. 7. Toilet was so loose you could use it for a rocking chair. 8. No clock of any kind in the room. and lastly....an 8am fire alarm. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Nothing at all. Oh wait....they did discount my first night because of ALL THE PROBLEMS I had!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the tv channel line up only able to watch a few channels anything else, there was a price to watch.

I really like the bed realized i need a new mattress when i got back home. the housekeeper Hiwot was amazing she was always making sure my husband and i were comfortable and if we needed anything. close to shopping.

We had to switch rooms twice. Black mold in one room, the other room was very small. I was also overcharged on my credit card (after i talked w/ the staff abt my bill b4 i left)and when I get home, i had to call to have money put back in my acct, which took a week.

The staff were pleasant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioning in our room didn't seem to be working. The room wouldn't cool down even at 60 degrees. We had to ask twice to get towels in our room after they cleaned and didnt leave any. The fan did not work in the bedroom and the pull out in our suite had an extremely thin mattress. Requested extra copy cups and they never came. The telephone in our room did not work.

The breakfast buffet was very good.

Friendly staff

Room was poorly ventilated. Bed covers were dingy and the room appliances were rusted. When we requested additional towels, they were still damp(not dried thoroughly. I felt like I was staying at a motel. For $160 per night I expected better conditions

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Roaches, a leak in the building prevented me from getting the size room I had requested, AC would not turn on, no refrigerator

Nice staff at restaurant

The female African American bar attendant on Saturday night was awful. We were planning to use our complementary drinks first then order a bottle of wine but when she saw us that we were going to use our complementary coupons she totally ignored us and never ask if we need something else. We still have her tips but she never approach us. We just left after our first drink. On the second day, they were not towels left after our room was cleaned we had to call so they can bring us bath towels. My husband was traveling from overseas I came from Pennsylvania to meet him at the hotel to spend a weekend away together. We were very disappointed with the services we received for a hotel we we paid over $400 for 2 nights.

The Valet parking guys were great.

The security Graud was rude to his own kind (African Americans) but greeted the other guess with a warm welcome I could not understand I stayed for two nights and he was the same service from him all week.

Everything accepts the security graud he was ver weird in ride to the guest

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Your allowed to book things online that you cannot actually do at the property.

The customer service Rebecca was awesome. I had a hiccup coming in, but she handled my issue so well and even texted me to make sure my stay was comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

1-Someone was in the room we were initially given. 2-We had 2 nights of no heat. None. We were told several times that the engineer would come. Nothing. Felt like we were played. Eventually got new room with heat third night. 3-On the second night,there was a very loud, furniture shaking party below us in an event room. 4-The hotel furnishings,rugs,bathrooms,are quite worn out.

Beds are comfortable. Staff was pleasant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Construction on streets and at hotel very noisy. Valet parking was a good think but i.keep money and credit cards in my car and if didnt want valet to having my keys to my car. I could not park my car on the property. That made me very very angry. Ppl get stuff stolen out of there hotel rooms and ppl like me decide to keep stuff that is important to us in the car where it's safer.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor construction, could understand all dialogue of afternoon talk shows on adjoining room TV, then in the evening heard all of talking in the next room. Had to drag bags up stairs to lobby from the parking garage.

Great service, friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was REALLY small!! I got the double bed room and it was very congested. The air condition didn’t work so It was hot . I didn’t like that there was no refrigerator . The bathroom was also too small for the amount of money I paid for one night I’m very disappointed

The fresh cookies when you check in we’re good and the staff was friendly .

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

i dont understand why when i walked in the lobby and asked for a room, the hotel was fully booked for the week. i got on the internet and booked a room in ten minutes at the same hotel, costing me $400.00 for one room for one night??????? i would like an explanation for that

convenient pool clean nice bed

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The air system in the room did not work. I called front desk to inform them to see if they fix it. They sent an engineer up and it was starting to cool off for 10 minutes and then it got hot again. I called back to inform them and they told me that the problem would be fixed by evening. Later that night I still had problems with the system. When I booked the room through the website it said I should have a mini kitchen or microwave and mini fridge. I had neither. No one came to clean the room or bed until I called about it the 3rd day.

The suite had two full baths

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was hot & the ac not working , it was very bad , i can’t sleep al night because the room very hot Also the bathroom not clean

I like the location & breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to be moved from our room when we checked in due to roaches and we were also threatened by security because it was assumed we had too many people in one room. After checking the room there were only 3 of us. That made us very uncomfortable therefore causing us to check out a day early

The staff was pleasant in a way.

• Queen Room

The room was rather small, we weren’t in the room very long but while we were it was a little cramped.

I liked the location of the hotel, it was a short walk from the metro and plenty of downtown activities.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It’s a little dated. Other hotels in the area have been more recently renovated but the othe hotels are more expensive.

Good value fir the money and excellent location to subways, restaurants, shopping, and taxi. The room is clean and staff is friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No parking garage. There is only a 20.00 valet garage that was full the entire weekend we had to park in the garage in the street behind the hotel. This option is not the best when you have bags and small children.

Friendly Staff, Good Location

No heat on a cold night. Not able to turn on heat. Had an evening engagement and didn't want to be disturbed on my return so did not complain. Informed desk about no heat on my departure.

Entrance....needs a door man to help customers, service, dirty room, needs updates and paint, gym was filthy and equipment broken and missing, no towels in gym or pool, no ice except on 9th floor, no fridge, paper thin walls-could hear man coughing all night, people running through hall at 2:00 am, Security?

The only good thing about it was it was 1.6 miles from my son's house.

The entire hotel is dated and scheduled for remodeling and refurbishing.

The beds were comfortable and the sheets were fresh and clean. The bathroom was fine and stocked with bath towels that were large and absorbent.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I cold have stayed at the sister location for about the same rate had free breakfast and a pool and hot tub my kids could use everyday we stayed there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wish we were told about the complimentary breakfast that we didn't get to take advantage of that we were told about from a staff after we was checked out kind of made me upset.

The cookies at the front desk was delicious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lot of street noise and noise from the hall could here staff member on their walkie talkie at 5 in the morning right outside of the door. Room thermostat broken had to call everyday to have it fixed ...too cold then too hot called for engineer twice when it was roasting in our room. Front desk only did the minimum is check me in. No introduction to the hotel, cancelled my parking after one day but on check out that was not recorded. Room smelled musty

Great location Comfortable bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The TV had issues on the cable news networks and even though it was replaced, the same problem occurred. Maybe it was the hookup for cable. The restaurant area was appealing, but the breakfast buffet could be better.

The valet staff was great. Always prompt bringing the car and helping with packages. Love the cookies.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Could have had better safety apparatus for balance & mobility impaired guest.

Location was conviently in town with restaurants, retail stores and gas stations in close proximity. Valet service was excellent and I particularly liked the ability to communicate with the front desk reception staff via text messaging. Very good menu with delicious entrées and courteous in roon delivery.

French toasts were so delicious and refreshing that I haven't ate in years. Chicken wings with Old Bay were fantastic that it made me wanna ask for mor next time.

Room was super cold, the only temperature option was AC. They had me in a room with another door in it that attached to another room which was very noisy.

I went in after 2am and the girl at the front desk asked if i already did a pre check in, to which i said no. Then she told me oh, someone already checked you in! it was so strange and scary. She apologized and upgraded me to a suite for free which was nice but still left me shocked.I hope this will not happen to any one in the future.

Friendly stuff, location good house keeping, though the bath tub had some noticeable cracks.

• Double Room with Hearing/Mobile Access and Roll in Shower

There was a church on the floor below us that played loud music on Sunday morning & also my door pad broken

Staff was excellent. Very accommodating and pleasant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is a bit of a hassle. The parking garage is $20.00. Nearby public garage was $4 overnight but a walk of about a block and a half. Hotel should over free parking for guests.

Great hotel and location. Near Metro and shopping.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a bit of deferred maintenance in bathroom, which they said they'd rectify when we brought to their attention upon departure.

Very nice, competent staff. Delicious coffee and breakfast, much better than competing business hotels in area. Lots of restaurants, shopping, and theaters in close proximity.

Lobby smelled like there was a gas leak. First room had an adjoining room separated by a door. I could hear everything the guests were doing in the other room and had to ask to be moved.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was nice.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Hotel needs a complete make over. Carpets worn, very dated, couch stained , wallpaper stained. Due to party at the hotel had to have our room changed.

The staff and customer service was excellent .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room didn't have a mini fridge and a lamp and the bathroom fan wasn't working but maintenance came right away to fix everything.

It was close to where we needed to be with plenty of shops and stores near by and there was free parking in back of the hotel.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

No fridge or microwave in the room (we have 2 kids under 3 years old so these appliances matter to us!) You can hear honking from the streets. No baby changing stations in the pool restrooms. We wish there was more to do for young children, either in the hotel or nearby. There was a park a few blocks away but it was cold and wet when we visited.

Staff texts you to ask if you need anything - I'm really into modern technology-based business designs and I thought it was cool. The restaurant is DELICIOUS! Room service is easy, fast, and high quality. Good fitness room. Location near the metro takes you to D.C. in about 45 minutes.

The hotel was very luxurious despite the low price of the room. The location was excellent; there's a music venue called The Fillmore right opposite to the hotel and also the metro station is within a walking distance. The room was gorgeous and very clean!! I would stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in was horrible, long lines and they did not have our rooms available. We finally got one room after about 45 minutes and had to wait over two hours for the second room. There were a lot of items broken and in need of repair in our room including the main door, the bathroom door. The bed was also very uncomfortable.

The location was great, very close to the Fillmore theater.

The bathroom is too small. The toilet is practically connected to the bathtub. When you open the door it feels like you’re going to hit or run into that toilet and tub. -One light bulb was busted. -The fitting bedsheet was inside out on the bed. Not sure how that was missed. -there was a small hand towel with noticible stains on it. -the rack in the tub is rusty and looks like it should be changed immediately There were a couple more things that disliked or made me feel icky once noticed but I had to ignore to enjoy my One night stay. Overall it was a decent stay. If I wasn’t so tired I would have complained about some things but i was too tired. I do appreciate the housekeeper supervisor asking about my stay and apologizing for the issues I experienced.

Hotel was nice, room service food was GREAT, except expensive. Workers were friendly. When checking in we received freshly baked cookies and free waiter for signing up as an honors member which took a few seconds.

• Two Bed Hearing Accessible Non-Smoking

The free WiFi didn’t work well or at all and the cockroach climbing down the wall in the dining area next to the buffet area was disturbing.

Friendly staff and nice complimentary breakfast

The rooms were all outdated. I had to change rooms 4 times. The first room’s unit had issues with the unit not heating and making a loud noise, the other room smelled like mildew, and the last had a very loud noise coming from the unit. This is the first experience where I was completely inconvenienced by the accommodations.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel did not satisfy the requests I made when I booked my room. In addition, the room was very narrow, the desk and tv stand were unstable, the chairs were dirty, stinky, pilled off and the air inside was hot and too dry. This entire journey was a total fiasco, a joke and such a reap off.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only option for parking there would of cost me $20... I think if I am booking a room, I don't need to use their VIP, and could park at the hotel parking lot without paying for it. I don't think I should have to use a parking lot outside of the property, just to save some money...

Great staff, terrific rooms! Very pleased with the visit/weekend get away at the double tree by Hilton in Silver Spring Maryland. Very close to where I needed to be, walked to the theater near by, and then walked back to the hotel when the movies were finished.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is a $50 per night automatic charge per night for the hotel as a precaution against damage. This was never communicated to us and when we arrived after paying in full we were expected to pay an additional $300 as a precaution charge. Most hotels take the card and if there's damage charge this hotel never communicated that we would be charged in advance. Now we have to wait 10 working days to get our money back. It was a total inconvenience at the start of our holiday and the hotel staff were not very good about explaining the matter it was a total miscommunication and bad relations on the hotels part.

I really liked the location of the property right on the metro line.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They charge debit cards twice and it's a hassle to get your money back. Some of the people at the front desk are not accommodating. Our toilet also had a leak, it was fixed but i had to request to send someone up to clean up the water. The customer service needs work. The hotel is a little out dated. Also, parking is expensive, its 20 dollars a night.

Our beds were very nice. Good location, near Washington, DC its a short Uber ride away. it's the cheapest hotel in the area so I guess you get what you pay for.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

We showed up 30mis earlier and did not get checked in until n hour later and that's because I was persistent. One of the 3 elevators worked. They made us feel as though that since we were not a Hilton member we were last. The housekeeping only gave us 1 washcloth and one roll of tissue. The breakfast is expensive 17.00 for a buffet, even if all you had was fruit. There are other options for food int he city which was a bonus. WE waited at the bar for a drink for more than 10mins.

The hotel was in the middle of all the excitement and nightlife.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room walls were very thin and you could hear next door rooms. We heard full conversations. The pool was closed when we wanted to take our kids there which was disappointing

Location was good staff was friendly.

• Queen Room

Breakfast staff was too quick to turn tables. I went back to the buffet and came back my table was cleared and someone else was sitting there. Last night of stay, there was a large football team staying, rooms were spread out on all floors, one of which was staying near me. I had a room by the stairs and they kept going down the steps. And even noisy past quiet time. Went to try the pool, no one else was in it, but lifeguard couldve been more professional. Sitting with feet touching the table and texting. His body language was anything but positive and professional, so needless to say, did not use the pool.

Front desk staff was very professional and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some employees were very helpful and friendly but unfortunately we had an issue due to the way the Hotel system calculates its reserves on the credit card and this issue was communicated to us by locking us out. We were not allowed to enter our room. This issue could have been avoided first if the system could have raised a red flag that their own calculations was not enough and second by talking to us and not by just locking us out .. Really bad experience considering that the next day we had an international flight, therefore it added more stressed that was not needed.

Comfortable beds

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking is awful and the front desk in the evening seemed like they couldn't be bothered. When I asked them questions about Silver Springs, they seemed to be surprised that I didn't know the town like they did. I was of course surprised by their service since I was from out of town. But, maybe a ton of locals stay at their hotel for the free flavored water?

The hotel was generally clean and the bartender was very nice and helpful.

Front desk supervisor in evening was unkind and when I gave him feedback that his communication was not respectful, he became withdrawn and sarcastic. He was training new employees and I was shocked to see a leader behave that way l.

• Two Bed Hearing Accessible Non-Smoking

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The location works perfectly for us. The staff are pleasant and the facilities are clean. We love eating at Sergio's.

The bathroom was exceedingly tight, little space for toiletries, and more important --you had to be skinny (small space between the toilet and shower) and a contortionist to move the handle in the shower/tub from tub to shower use, and to adjust the shower temperature from outside the shower and to reach the toilet paper while sitting on the toilet seat. Also at night we could hear the people in the next room -- not a deal breaker, but unusual in today's mid class hotel/motels. Breakfast is too expensive.

comfortable room and bed, location, most of the staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was smaller than the pictures. Asked for1st floor because of being handicapped and have fear of elevators even called 3 days before trip and confirmed 1st floor. Got there they had me on 6th floor. Finally got me on 3rd floor. Bed was uncomfortable chair had rips and tears in it. All in all will never stay there again and won't book my next trip through you guys

Wasn't much

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My request or at least an explanation..they never got back to me

Everything was fine...only this is I had a 3 month old and I never got the refrigerator or microwave I requested so when bottles needed to be warmed I had to go to my parents room 3 floors higher.

There was a roach in my room crawling on the bathroom ceiling (I have pictures) the fire alarm kept going off at 3 in the morning, I was accused of smoking in the room even after they came in to inspect it, the guy at the front desk decided he wanted to argue with me, called me a liar and threatened to call the police on me if the smoke detector went off in my room after I asked to be moved to a new room just to be on the safe side. The second to last day my fiancé and I was there the whole building had to evacuate because there was a fire or something going on in the basement. Lastly, my fiancé and I were almost ROBBED! Standing outside the building, horrible experience and very unprofessional, I stayed there 6 nights and couldn't wait to leave!!!

Pillows were comfortable

• Two Bed Hearing Accessible Non-Smoking

Due to the circumstances of my visit, I needed to check in a little early. The front desk staff was quite pleasant and accommodating. Thank you for a great visit!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's a bit run down - leaking taps, old fittings

Staff very friendly - drove me to the train station. Some nice touches like cool drinks in the loby

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very small bathroom. Inattentive front desk staff at checkout....the clerk was watching TV. Expected a small fridge and a microwave....even Motel 6 provides these.

The room was very clean.

• Two Bed Hearing Accessible Non-Smoking

When I booked the room, At a Hilton I expected better accommodation. First the parking was terrible, it was an additional cost. The room was too small and so was the shower which had no exhaust fan. The towels were not comfortable and the air in the room couldn't be adjusted. It was extremely frustrating and cold that I checked out early. When I associate the name Hilton, I expected much more accommodations. Deeply disappointing. I felt as if I could of gotten better or the same at a less expensive price.

I can't even tell you that I liked anything.

The rooms were VERY small. The bathroom was difficult to even get ready in because it was so small. The room next to us was extremely loud, playing music and singing. We could hear every noise they made. The lobby and entrance area are very grand but the rooms don't represent the "Hilton" brand very well.

The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The room seemed to be clean and I found the bed to be very comfortable.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Bathroom not spacious. Walk-in closet not necessary in the king suite as well.

It was our marriage anniversary. The complimentary schampgne and strawberries was a nice gesture from the hotel. Loved the warm cookies and breakfast.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

There were only 2 elevators working and a family reunion was taking place. Also check in staff was distracted by other guests at check in.

The morning staff at check out was very friendly, even offering us complimentary breakfast which we were unable to take advantage of.

• Queen Room

Please continue to work on your Renovation threw out the hotel upgrade is needed in some areas ''...and rooms ...

The service was very professional and pleasant Wonderful atmosphere Thanks to front desk crew Mariamg and Vicforig.. Awsome ..

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

PARKING conscience, only one elevator working close to our room, air conditioner did not seem to work in hallways while waiting for elavator which seemed to take forever to come.

The location was excellent. There was something to do at all time. Customer service was very good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

we do not like valet parking. Also, room was freezing cold at night--were told by the front office staff that we could not regulate the temperature. they were meant to bring extra blankets but after waiting for over 30 mins we called and said that we were going to bed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It took me Forever to find the ice machine. In fact I met two other people wandering the halls also looking for an ice machine. We went from floor to floor. No signage anywhere. I had tried to call the front desk to ask but ended up on hold and decided to venture out on my own....

The location.