Reviews of Hilton Wilmington/Christiana 3 stars

100 Continental Drive, Newark, DE 19713-4301, USA

#7 of 22 hotels in Newark

• Executive Floor King Room

We got the executive floor and the room is not thaaaaat big or luxurious.

The staff was beyond amazing, also the whole hotel was clean and the food in the 4th floor was nice.

• Standard Queen Room

I attempted to remove the last night of my stay since my plans had to be changed for medical reasons, and they would not let me take the last night off my 4 night reservation. The hotel said to deal with booking,com, and booking.com said it was The managers decision at the Hilton who was not available. This was the only thing that I did not like. There were extra charges put on my credit card from the Hilton, which there was no explanation. I was told they would finally drop off after a few days.

Hotel was very pleasant

• King Room with Patio

With the name of Hilton a certain level of expectation comes. That level of expectation was not met. I really wasn’t impressed. It certainly wouldn’t be a place I’d stay again. For the cost, I would’ve expected some more amenities - like breakfast. The toilet was wobbly, the cabinet where the fridge was, was difficult to open (upon investigation, the boards at the bottom of the cabinet were broken), just the level of craftsmanship with the making of the room just didn’t meet that expectation I had of a “Hilton” hotel.

The patio/courtyard area and having a room with direct access to it.

The Sunday brunch was awesome but the only meat 🥩 they served was pork. A few turkey or chicken sausages would have been awesome! The smoked salmon was very good.

I love the staff their friendly personality. The restaurant was awesome l, great food and a fully stocked bar with handcrafted cocktails and top shelf bourbon 🥃 and whiskey 🥃

I wasn’t expecting to pay for WiFi because it said that it was free but when you tried to connect it said something about Hilton honors and was not clear about if you could connect or not without having it being charged to your room. Also there was no toothpaste like I thought there would be, but there was shampoo, and lotion. We went out for a birthday and came back around 12 and couldn’t order room service because though it was a weekend they stopped serving at 12, which I was bummed about because one of the reasons I picked the hotel was to be able to order room service for the first time. Lastly when we came it seemed like they had just cleaned our room because there were dirty dishes outside our door but instead of being picked up they sat in the hall the entire day and night until we checked out. That’s an eye sore. Trying to take a picture outside of your room with dirty dishes next to you isn’t nice.

The bed was huge and comfortable! The bathroom was clean and had a lot of space. The mirrors were gorgeous, perfect for taking bathroom selfies. I really appreciated the extra mirror/ lamp that I had to bring from the bathroom to the room to do my makeup. It seemed like something out of a malls makeup store or a movie stars personal mirror. I loved it. It was very quiet, I could barely hear anyone in the other rooms as I walked through the hallways. The hallways had beautiful paintings of flowers!

• Standard Queen Room

Quality of food and extremly poor service in hotel restaurant. With $43 per entree we ordered bottle of wine, server didnt pour wine to our glasses, my husband had to do it.

Comfort of the bed

• Standard Queen Room

I was very surprised at being charged for the breakfast. I'm used to it being included in the price of the room.$18.95 is too much for that breakfast.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Club 4 was an excellent value. The hors d’oeuvres in the lounge were amazing. The bartender was excellent and helpful. Breakfast was SO varied with plenty of healthy choices including almond milk. THANKS!

• 1 King Bed Executive Deluxe Room

Its very hard to find, staff didnt explain bout the WiFi, didnt have supplies in room like extra toliet paper or tissues for your nose, no extra trash bags etc

The Bar was awesome. Bar tenders were very good. Bed was super comfy. room was spotless. The breakfast looked awesome though I did not partake in it. This was the BEST HOTEL I have ever stayed at. I would love to stay there again.

We really only used the hotel as a place to sleep. We were out doing various activities during the day and we left the hotel for our meals. The room was clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and more importantly the pillows were good. And, the shower had the most AMAZING water pressure!

the bathroom needs updating. the floor was not clean,the sink was not clean and the shower walls were not clean, the water handle was loose. your free internet stinks.

the staff at the front desk was courteous.

• Standard Queen Room

A bit tricky to find a parking space in the evening

Very relaxing atmosphere with a nice patio & small pool Surrounded by a peaceful countryside scenary

I can honestly not think of a single thing that I did not like about that hotel.

I was greeted by a staff with friendly Smiles on their faces who helped switch me to a room on a higher floor. Once I was settled in that room I always like to do a test flop on the bed to see how comfortable it is... it was like falling into a cloud. Not one of those overly fluffy clouds but a cloud that wrapped my body in just enough comfort and support so that it was perfect. The room itself was beautiful and the furniture was placed to where it did not feel cramped. The bathroom was clean and the finishes were high-end. And oh my goodness, the water pressure in the shower was delightful! When I went to go to sleep you could not hear outside noise from the room which is always important when you're staying for business. I would jump at a chance to stay at this hotel again.

Wifi connections.

Wifi can be difficult to log into and to maintain. Hotel lobby under construction, so noisy and dirty. Tho "Wilmington" is in the name of the hotel, it is NOT in or really near Wilmington. It is about 15 -20 minutes outside of the City. It is in Christiana, about 5 minutes from the mall. The staff is very polite, friendly and accommodating.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

My only issue was the last morning we ordered room service breakfast for 2, guy only brought 1 set silverware & said he'd be back, never returned so we had to share. And food is a little pricey, but it is the Hilton so to he expected.

Bed was super comfy, not to hard. Husband wanted smoking so they offered us room with French door leading onto patio where smoking is allowed. We stayed 2 nights & service all around was awesome from extra toiletries to room service.

• Standard Queen Room

the most comfotable bed sleep realy well the check in person was so happy to tell us about the upgrades they were making in cluding new beds. The bufet breakfast looked great but we had eaten too muh the day before and skipeed breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Everything was perfect. One night stay. I was in town to see a West Point Basketball game. Room was nice, clean & comfortable. Food from the bar area was good. Everything worked out nice.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Poor customer service - I have emailed and called the hotel numerous times about sending an item that was left in my hotel room. After the initial phone call I was told that I would be rung to arrange courier but have heard nothing. I have since emailed and rung but again nothing - please can someone email me back so I can get my item shipped!!

Good location, good amenities.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• 1 King Bed Executive Deluxe Room

The sound quality of phone in Rm. 443 was scratchy and it was hard to hear the caller. Also, internal lines to housekeeping, food service were usually always busy. I did report the lines to front desk, forgot to report phone.

I liked the location and size of my room. And even though I was next to the hospitality room, I did not hear them during operating hours. The following folks were exceptional: Glenn, bartender in 4th floor Exec. room Cassandra, front desk Caryn, front desk Chin FuQin - Breakfast server, 4th floor

Quiet room.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

bathroom was small and dated

smell in the lobby was amazing

Price

Very expensive. Did not eat there

Very clean !!!!

• Standard Queen Room

Clean and modern looking!

• Standard Queen Room

The room was ok but dusty

The water was not working, The key did not work three times and the elevator was broken..😡

Breakfast is expensive

Great location and friendly staff

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/ Non-Smoking

The decor was garish. Needs update. Furniture in rooms is old. Felt more like I was in economy comfort in but not the price!

Not much

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Thin walls. It sounded like the guy snoring in the room next door was I. The room with me.

Overall very good

• Standard Queen Room

Food at the hotel was expensive.

Location was convenient to Christiana Mall, easy on and off 95.

• Standard Queen Room

Room small bathroom extremely small.

Very nice

Children running thru halls all day and night. Hockey in the hallway at 11pm

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The bathtub and shower curtain and floor. Plus where the toilet paper holder was locat d

The beds

• Executive Floor King Room

Wish that the restaurant was available during renovation

Extremely friendly staff. Great atmosphere even during renovation.

Poor customer service, overcharge twice for nearly $60.00 for incidentals.

• King Room with Patio

Beautiful property. Onsite restaurant was fantastic

Did not respond once I left hotel. I have requested 2 times for resent breakfast invoice. They didn't reply at all.

breakfast paid

• Executive Floor King Room

Nothing I can say here,I will definitely stay again.

The staff was super friendly! I loved it!

NA

Everything was great. Had wine in lounge. Very nice.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The service was excellent. The room was nice!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Needs remodel

Outdated

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

I sadly lost a necklace during my stay that was left on the side in the bathroom which marred my weekend at this Hilton - it was my Nanna's who passed away last year and I've had it over twenty years so am absolutely broken hearted, it meant the world to me - I would have thought you could trust a hotel of this calibre so I am shocked. The hotel manager has yet to contact me to tell me if it has been found by housecleaning staff following my stay.

Friendly staff , good breakfast selection, clean and spacious room with good amenities, great omelette man!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

It would've been nice to have a complementary breakfast.

The staff was courteous, the rooms were clean, and easy to navigate. The view of the courtyard was beautiful, and we had a quick and painless check out. The location also had every store you need, so we didn't have to go far.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Stayed two nights and room service never cam to clean our room. The patio outside our room was overrun with ants, that ended up in our room and luggage. The toilet continued to run.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Everything was great

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

great staff, great food and restaurants

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

No breakfast.

Breakfast added to the fees charged

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Staff was very helpful,an well located ,nice rooms.I

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Went for a getaway. Enjoyed the our dinner ( great steaks) and had drinks on the outside garden. Very nice.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2015

Pool was not open.

Clean comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2015

Friendliness of the staff

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

That breakfast was not included.

The fact that we arrived late the gentleman that greeted us had a wonderful smile and was very polite.

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.