Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento 3 stars

2540 Venture Oaks Way, Sacramento, CA 95833, USA

#20 of 78 hotels in Sacramento

The TV remote had no batteries. The toilet was “running” when I arrived. Had to “ jiggle” handle to make it stop. Finally the cod sandwich I room service ordered was horrible!! The two large pieces had what appeared like a cardboard coating... the cod inside was mimimually acceptable. The coke I ordered was in a bottle and warm. I substituted mashed potatoes for French fries and they charged me $5 additional for that. I normally don’t do room service but it was late when I arrived and I was hungry. The hotel is decent, their breakfasts while spendy are good. But be VERY cautious about any of the other foods! An additional note was the hotel was quite noisy, there were a ton of kids taking up the entire pool as well.

The bed was comfortable, and the room was nice.

A free continental breakfast would be better than a 12.95 flat price. Went to Black Bear Diner down the road instead, and it was great. But nice that they offered infused water and great coffee in the lobby.

Shower was very low flow and both the sink and the tub had a hard time draining. The right side of the bed had a permanent divot maybe because people chose to sleep on that side of the bed a lot. Maybe it would be better to rotate the bed every now and then. Middle of the bed was comfortable.

Good consistent air conditioning Keurig coffee machine Fridge Microwave (didn’t use) Staff was nice

I checked in at 3:00 pm. I had the rest of day to hang around the hotel. The only room window was the nearby busy freeway. Since I was going to be in most of the day, I asked right away, before unpacking if I could have a room with an interior view. They could not accommodate me. It made me wonder was that because I booking through an organization, like Booking.com and/or maybe only staying only one night was factored in.

The evening restaurant staff were excellent. I sat alone by the windows to read. I was very early, the only person there. The chef immediately came out from the kitchen to welcome me and take a drink order (the waiter was not available at that moment). I was curious about the wine, he brought me a sample, came back and took my order. He was kind, personable, interesting and made me feel more a part of the evening, although dining alone. The wine was very good, Murphy-Goode Pinot. Excellent, prompt airport shuttle.

Housekeeping knocking on our door at 8:15 A.M. to see if we were staying another day...

Aaron the bartender provided great service and conversation. He provided great information on the sites to visit/nightlife while on our brief stay.

That even though we notified the front desk that we would be a late check in, our reservation would still be cancelled if we didn’t arrive by a certain time. Upon arrival we were disappointed with the individual that checked us in, could have been a friendlier experience. Daytime staff however were all wonderful and very friendly and helpful.

Really nice hotel and location. Wonderful kitchen staff and delicious breakfast.

The only thing we didn’t like was that the check in counter is basically in the same room for folks to gather and hang out. We checked in during the evening and it was quite loud in the lobby making it hard to hear and be heard while checking in. I would suggest a wall that atleast partially separates the business end from the loud gathering area.

The gal that checked us in was very friendly and helpful.

A glitch in the fire alarm woke us up at 6am and we weren’t able to return back to sleep. No apology was offered from the staff until I walked down to ask what happened . Didn’t offer anything to us to make the situation better.

Hotel was located in a quite location. There was plenty of parking. Room was clean

No complaints.

Wonderful staff. I loved the business room where I could print boarding passes and maps for exploring the area. Hot tub and pool and coffee/tea/water in the foyer were added bonus. No need for rental car - used Uber and free airport shuttle at 5am.

The room was a lil small but we had a good time

I am a dairy free breastfeeding mom and they have an amazing chef that make a scramble egg for me and my baby and they also have almond milk I was beyond happy

Excellent breakfast in the morning. Choose from either the buffet or you can get made to order breakfast as well. It was included in the overall price of the room. The pool was a refreshing respite in the afternoon.

Not enough vegetarian choices. The oats was hard and almost dry and the brown sugar was equally hard and had to be scraped if we had wanted any brown sugar.

The serving staff was excellent. Kept the breakfast area clean. Informed us of the choices and when we had checked in, we were not given vouchers for the breakfast despite our rate including breakfast. The serving staff had checked with the front desk and got the vouchers for us so that we need not be interrupted during breakfast due to a negligent front desk receptionist.

The breakfast was NOT included with the cost of the room and I was disappointed. The room cost $200 a night. I was there for 5 nights. They kept putting decaf coffee in our room each day. Need more exercise machine in gym.

The bed was comfortable

Room was dirty. There was dirty socks from a previous guest in our room on the chair, candy and wrappers on the floor. Our room phone didn't work so we couldn't even call the front desk for service.

Never could get on the WiFi.

This Hilton property has the most friendly staff I have ever encountered in any hotel. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff, everyone does their best to make the guest feel welcome. Aaron, the restaurant/bar manager was the best!

the staff was amazing! I needed a room early and front desk made it happen. Breakfast was great. room service person was so wonderful. she told me they did, in fact, have grits and she went down and got me some!!!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

I can’t find a single thing to complain about

Everything was clean and the amenities were high quality. The staff were friendly and helpful. The linens were fresh and the shower was great. I especially loved the comforters.

It was a little noisy. Unfortunately there was a volleyball tournament going on. Sad thing was it wasn't the kids who were noisy, it was the adults.

The staff was amazing

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

We were there 3 nights. On the 2nd night, the front desk called to tell us that they had received complaints that we were being loud. We had all been asleep and let them know that it was not us. Nevertheless, they called 2 more times to ask us to be quiet, and we finally had to go down to the front desk and let them know we needed to sleep and and stop receiving phone calls. They figured out that it was another room causing the disturbance, and apologized, but it was pretty annoying.

Clean, friendly staff, good breakfast.

Would have preferred a glass in the bathroom over the paper cup but I guess I'm just being picky :)

We needed a place to stay on Christmas Eve while visiting family and this hotel worked out just fine. Easy to get to, clean, comfortable bed and affordable. The front desk staff was attentive and friendly.

Although I paid for breakfast, I was unable to enjoy because I departed before breakfast was available.

Location was very convenient and close to the airport. Since the hotel restaurant was unavailable due to a catering event, I was able to walk to a local Indian restaurant! I hit a Goldmine doing so.

Floor had not been vacuumed prior to my visit. Finger nail clipping, cookie crumbs on floor. Bathroom floor had not been mopped in a while (visible stains from something).

Great staff, fresh omelet was amazing, plenty of free parking, cozy clean beds.

Heat/AC fan was a little loud, but the system controlled the temperature very well.

For a business stay I liked the ergonomic chair, large desk and excellent wifi. The TV screen was large and very sharp. For sleeping the blankets and pillows were very comfortable.

Courteous and helpful front desk staff, airport shuttle was timely and safe with attentive driver. Had dinner in the restaurant, my waiter was professional and made dining alone a pleasure, and my Cobb Salad was fresh and delicious!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

I thought maybe the breakfast would be complimentary

It was what we were looking for. This place was really clean and the rooms were really nice! The staff was great!

We were charged for two kids meals and was told that we would reimbursed and I would receive confirmation within a couple of hours. I never received the confirmation.

• King Room - Disability Access

Nothing except the location and since the hotel was entirely fenced that helped. I loved the hotel.

The location was scary but the hotel was fabulous and well worth the money.

The only reason I booked this hotel was for the outside pool. They forgot to mention on their website that the pool was closed for renovations. And they welcomed us to breakfast but forgot to tell us it was not included. So we ended up paying 28 dollars for 2 pieces of toast and coffee. This is the first time I was not happy staying at Hilton.

The pool was closed for renovations in the middle of July!! They offered for us to use another hotel's pool, but that seems kind of weird. My granddaughter was very disappointed. I booked this property thinking it would be a nicer stay than others in the area. Not so much!!

Air condition was very cold and unconvenient in the breakfast room. Swimming pool was not available because of reconstruction work.

Breakfast was o.k, but had to be payed as an extra. Service was good e.g. omlett was prepared fresh. Room was large and well equipped. The hotel is outside of the city in a park like area but located in a calm surrounding. Nevertheless it is close to the freeway. Parking is very good and for free. Also wifi is available for free.

Cleaner and quieter. Too many children yelling and running. They gave me a first floor room when I asked for a higher floor. I had a view of freeway. The food is too expensive.

Booking.com needs to explain in better detail when you book through them the hotel will have to put a hold on your room. It's something I didn't read going through the fine print before booking my hotel. However, the staff and manager was understanding and cleared things up when I myself wasn't very pleasant, but graciously apologized after wards. I would definitely book a stay at the Hilton Garden again in the near future!

This was our first stay at this property and the entire staff was amazing. The travel from the airport was about 20 minutes. Although, it seemed as though we got their quicker. We always got greeted with a hello, good morning, good afternoon or coming back later in the evening; being asked how was your day or night! We had family at another Hilton Gardens in Roseville. I would have loved to swim in the pool at this property, but didn't have a chance. It seemed very relaxed and secure for even young children to swim and play safely. On my next stay I'll have to make a point to lounge at the pool. The maid service was top notch. We didn't eat at the facility for we were in town for my nephews graduation luau party! Yep, plenty of food was prepared by the family and purchased from local L & L per graduates request. Then, on Sunday the entire family got to watch my son, Bryan McBride win the USTF National Championship in the High Jump in Sacramento! It was a great 4 days and nice to get back to a hotel that is clean, smells great and you can just fall fast asleep! Thank you to all Hilton Garden staff for a great experience! Also, thank you to the front counter check in service for their patience in explaining how booking.com as a third party works when checking into the hotel. Thank you again. McBride Ohana 🌺

Breakfast does not begin until 7 on weekends. Had to be at airport before 7. Dining hours are limited for breakfast and dinner. Coffeemaker in room did not work.

Friendly, helpful staff. Beautiful grounds. Comfortable room. Wild turkeys roaming the front of the property!

Price was to high. Breakfast not included. People smoking at pool even though no smoking allowed. I needed to have staff scan my Employment contract to my new employer. He never did it. This will delay my signing bonus a week.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Don't mean to sound like a lush but the bar didn't open until 5pm. A mimosa or Bloody Mary at 10am would have perfected our little getaway.

Room was clean and well-stocked, super comfy beds, outdoor pool and hot tub was a plus with plenty of lounge sofas and chairs.m (my kids LOVE the water). Overall a great stay! We'd definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

At night and during the day unsettling phone walkie talkie chirp by staff/security in the hallway plus sideway glances and less welcoming manners from front desk day and night staff with a " u don't look like you belong here attitude and expressions but I'm not allowed to really say or voice that look" felt a little uncomfortable like I had to walk on egg shells or they would find a excuse to put me out otherwise the facility is great

New updated clean rooms lots of space Nice reasonable Top Hotel

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Great stay. Close proximity to SMF and free shuttle. Shuttle driver called out but hotel staff called us a taxi and covered the cost. Exceptionally quiet and clean room. Would definitely stay again and will recommend to others.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The walls seemed rather thin, I could hear people talking down the hallway from our room.

The room was clean and comfortable, buffet breakfast had quite a bit to offer.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

freeway noise on freeway side of building, asked to move due to an early morning flight-and was accommodated!

lobby/lounge/fireplace, felt cozy and like home

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

It was a bit noisy in room with other guests talking loudly in hall. My adult children weren't bothered, but I was a couple times. Not sure there's a solution for that, just other guests' lack of consideration.

Staff was excellent! The shuttle was quick to pick us up, driver gave tips about getting to our entertainment venue and even showed us the route. We were able to go right to our room, even though it was before scheduled check in time. Computer room with printer was very convenient. Can't say enough about hospitality of staff!

This hotel is really set up for business people , it's in the middle of a business park . But still a nice hotel .

The pool area was lovely and great hot tub . Some ok diners a few minutes work from hotel .

Luchie, the receptionist who checked us in. Rejected our credit cards (3) and when we went to our room we called the providers they had no record of the rejection. She chewed gum while checking us in. Our rooms were not as per booking and she attempted to blame booking .com. I owned a travel agency ,in the past, and told her is was the hotel's fault. She said she did not know how these things worked. She is an assistant manager. The manager on duty the next morning was extremely helpful and apologised for Luchi's behaviour.

The hotel was very nice. Rooms spacious, although we did not get the type of room as specified in or booking. Aaron, bar man, was delightful, talkative and made us feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Pool was not clean. Breakfast costs money? A LOT of money! Should be complimentary. Michelle at the front desk needs to smile and be friendlier.

Nice facility for the most part. Clean, comfortable room. Was surprised that we could not hear the freeway even though it was right next to the hotel -- great windows!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The front desk staff were rude and gave us a less expensive room than what we paid for. Then tried to tell us one of our party said it was okay , but then said we couldn't expect to get what we wanted and paid for because we used Booking. Com. Disappointment to the max and we paid $950.00 for the privilege to be abused. Never going back to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

One tiny little garbage can in room, wish they had more garbage cans. And AC was difficult to use the room was freezing and we couldn't get the temperature right.

Very clean, nice lobby and room was spacious and inviting. Nice staff, free parking.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

The accomodations and service were just as optimal as if I were staying at an expensive large, chain hotel. The atmosphere was that of a "garden-type" setting. The food was very good in quality and the customer service was extremely accommodating. I felt safe and comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

The understaffed restaurant had all dirty tables, and with a full house, our server/busser/bartender seemed like he might have also been the cook before 9 pm. Also, our room needed maintenance since door to bathroom would not close. Also, the restroom should have a ventilation fan.

Comfortable and clean, with modern decor

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

My husband and I were so exhausted from the driving and did not realize the bed was a sleep number bed. The bed was too soft to my liking and felt tired in the morning. BUT that was my fault and not the hotel's.

The room was clean and spacious. The hotel itself was clean, the reception area was cozy.

I can't think of anything I didn't like

The beds were very comfy and I really liked that there was a large selection of pillows to choose from

Sound from hallway easily heard.

Friendly staff. Cute lobby

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access Tub

The room was a little small and the ac/heater was noisy.

The family like the pool and work out room and the restaurant!!

The cook was super friendly and food was amazing. Great service

Comfortable bed, clean room about 10 mins from downtown

Room location

High price for an average room

Good location to my business meeting I like the restaurant and bar Our waiter was wonderful (tall man beard happy)

• King Room - Hearing Access

Don’t like the fake wood in the room floors

Neighbors partying in the hall at 3:am!!

Great selection of breakfast items

Nothing yet

Free parking, free Wi-Fi, clean and with a heated pool

That the pool area close to early

Clean great staff

Friendly helpful staff. Very clean. Good accommodations.

Clean and very friendly, accomadating staff. Our front night registration lady was very professional and pleasant.

Bed was very hard

Room and room service

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Everyone was so friendly. The room was clean. Gotta try the room service burger. Delish!!!!

• King Room - Disability Access

Sheets had stains on them..nasty!

Room was nice and clean

The room is a bit tiny.

Quiet and cozy.

Not much activity around the hotel.

Close proximity to Sacramento airport.

very clean

No fridge in the room. To cool the water bottle, I had to put it outside the room.

Fast check-in.

Sheets were not very soft and the bed cover/blanket was heavy and scratchy.

staff was delightful Breakfast was good Hotel was very clean.

Room faced the freeway

Clean room friendly staff

Bed was comfortable

• King Room - Hearing Access

The pool was under construction.

Nice friendly cooked to order omelets!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Pool was closed during the middle of summer for resurfacing. No complimentary breakfast or happy hour.

Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious.

Bathtub stopped up

The staff was great

We seemed to have all woke up with bug bites.

The staff was best especially ariel at the front desk when checking in.