Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport 3 stars

153-70 South Conduit Avenue, Queens, NY 11434, USA

#65 of 119 hotels in Queens

I booked a room for two double beds.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked a room for two double beds.when I got there there was a room in the basement of the hotel with one bed and the cost was more than the final price booking.com had given. This is unacceptable, a small discount was given,but I don't think this was good enough.

Worst stay ever .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked the room at 156 plus tax and they did not give me bill said bill will be sent to my mail and they charged me 176 plus taxes is total 205 I booked the room with 2 double beds and their room had one double bed and they did not wanted to change the room . It’s simply they robb you just BeacUse you give them your card detail and they can deduct what they want .

My stay was great and awesome.!!

Frankly very expensive!!! No.slippers!!! No ref! No microwave.

The bed and beddings perfectly clean, white and smells good. Pillows are perfect and no smell. The room was great for my 2days stay. It gave me a great stay and wort coming back.

The room was clean and the furniture was nice and modern.

I didn't like the fact that I paid over $200 for the room and not only was it small but there was no microwave or mini refrigerator. I have stayed in other hotels with bigger rooms, microwave and mini refrigerator for less. I also wished there were better instructions for the coffee machine.

The room was clean and the furniture was nice and modern. I thought it was nice to receive cookies and water when I checked in.

serves the purpose

got there early and it was quite a walk to food...a burger king being remodeled..take out only....not many choices...

caught a very early flt so didnt enjoy the free brkfst. but shuttle was right on time even 4am. location is the main reason to stay there and its great for that

Holiday Inn Express hotels never let you down and this one was no exception.
    • Queen Room

There is no parking available at the hotel. Had there been our stay would have been a bit easier.

After a long and tiring flight the reception process was excellent with drinks and snacks immediately available. The room was ready, even though our flight plans had been changed by the airline, and the staff were more than happy to handle the changes.

The staff were super friendly and it was a great location...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room had a musty smell and the aircon was hard to regulate. The tv reception was very poor and we didn’t have a clear picture. Poor value for money.

The staff were super friendly and it was a great location with a convenient shuttle service to JFK

The best staff in Jamaica
    • King Room - Disability Access

The room felt small and cramped. Please do not put a huge chair in a small space. Furniture should fit the space...

Location was convenient; bed was very comfortable; and staff (every single one) were simply amazing.

Comfortable bed and pillows.

There was no way for a bright light to be on in the bathroom without the very loud fan. Shuttle bus to airport was 10 minutes late and only every hour. Every half hour I think would be better. Our room was below street level so felt like we were in a basement. Thought 300$/night was a bit much for a basement room. Employee in lobby was loudly manicuring his fingernails.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Water in shower nice and hot and strong pressure.

It’s a place to stay near the airport.

It’s just pretty shabby for a holiday inn express. It’s in an industrial area near the airport.

It was close to jfk airport. I had a late flight in and needed a place to stay for an early flights guy out. It offered an airport shuttle . Rooms were fair but acceptable. It offered an airport shuttle.

Far from airport - overnight stay

Room was stuffy and hot and smelly. We had to open both windows for an hour before it got fine! This is quite an old hotel. (No european plugs - you need to have adapters)

This is quite an old hotel - don’t expect much. Personnel at reception is quick and helpful! Beds are comfortable.

shuttle to and from airport.

I checked window in the room several times to make sure it wasn't open. It sounded like it was. Very poor window seal.

shuttle to and from airport.

Felt quite unsafe

Really an uncomfortable experience. Felt less safe than a cheap rent by the hour motel.. You could see into my first room even with the blinds drawn; the smell of men’s cologne doused the whole room and bedsheets of my second room. Most people I saw staying here were men who were alone. The building was very dirty, smelling like cigarettes everywhere, and again felt unsafe. Not sure the quality or environment of hotels around the JFK area are much more of a step up, but I would not recommend this hotel for a woman traveling alone. Definitely do spring for the extra $40-50 for sleeping and staying comfortably at the Hilton or Crown Plaza down the street.

Great location, friendly staff and perfect for our purpose!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lock on the room door was broken (you could just push on the door from the outside and it would open - and, no matter how hard you slammed the door or how hard you pulled it from the outside, the electronic lock never caught) which did not make me happy in NYC. As we didn't plan to leave the room with our belongings in it, however, it was fine as the deadbolt / latch could be set from the inside. I would note that I did not bother to report the broken lock to the hotel, so I have no idea if it could have been immediately fixed or not. I do know the hotel was booked solid due to the blizzard so changing rooms would not have been an option. Also, I really did not like that this hotel (and many others in the JFK area) use a pricing structure based on availability. Supply & Demand, I suppose, but when you are dealing with Mother Nature and a blizzard, it feels a bit like price gouging and I don't see the difference between this practice and the practice of raising gas prices during a hurricane which IS considered price gouging. The value for the money was simply not there but for the blizzard. The price of this hotel at any other time would be $75 to $100 less than what I paid the night of the blizzard ~ which would then be good value for the money.

We stayed at this hotel during a Nor'Easter blizzard in order to fly out of JFK airport the next day. For this purpose the hotel was perfect! The location cannot be beat, the free shuttle to the airport was prompt and the driver courteous, the front desk staff were helpful in providing local area menus for dinner (this hotel does not have on-site food except for breakfast and there are no dining options nearby) and the room was clean and comfortable. My son (18 years old) used their workout room which was limited but certainly adequate. The buffet breakfast options looked wonderful and many people appeared to be enjoying it. As we had a 5 hour flight ahead of us, I opted not to eat much, but was very happy with the yogurt cups and granola the hotel offered.... Perfect beginning to a long travel day!!

The bed was comfortable and being on a high floor I had a...

I guess the one feature that brought the overall rating down was the shower curtain which was so short it didn't even cover the edge of the bath. To have a shower curtain not fit for purpose was a bit disappointing as the whole floor was soaking wet once I got out of the shower. I was really quite shocked by it, for a property to lose points due to a shower curtain is a little bit ironic, I think.

The bed was comfortable and being on a high floor I had a quiet room. Close to the airport, efficient shuttle service, speedy internet and helpful staff. :)

Comfortable stay for one night
    • King Room - Disability Access

A little expensive I thought but it’s a common theme at JFK. Best of an overpriced lot.

Very comfortable room. Reliable quick shuttle to airport. Helpful and friendly staff.

I was
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property is impeccably clean

The lack of variety at breakfast, the omelettes are not properly done(wrong cheese and nothing else inside), slow lifts, no electric kettle, no safe, no no refrigerator in the room and limited storage space.

Computer system meant booking couldn’t be found and there...

Computer system meant booking couldn’t be found and there was a long delay while staff tried to find it. Not appreciated when only staying for a few hours and wanting to get some sleep!

The room was nice and clean, and I liked the breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The design of the hotel lobby was not that convenient. There was the first level where the entrance. It had one elevator which takes you one level below to get your luggage to a second elevator to get to your room. When you have a lot of luggage, it becomes inconvenient. Also there was no fridge in the room to keep your left over food or drinks.

The room was nice and clean, and I liked the breakfast. The overall service was good.

Fair, would not rely on shuttle as a deciding point to stay again!!

The main issue was the 1 1/2 hour to get to the hotel, due to trams & shuttles. This was after a 10 hour flight. The next morning, I took Uber, just to not have to deal with the major issues with using the shuttle. For the price of the room, this should have been a much better service!

The room was clean and nicely done.

Sunday night stay after a missed flight. Nice room with plenty of outlets.

When I called to find out how to get the shuttle I was put on hold. The bed sheets were so tucked in at the bottom they didn't reach my shoulders. Heat reverted to 68 degrees on a very cold night. I was chilly.

Location, shuttle, free breakfast ( that I had to skip to get to the airport on time). Staff was friendly. Business center available for printing boarding passes.

Convenient for one-night stays

We got a room on the lower level and it was very noisy. We heard noise from people coming and going all night long (talking, doors slammed, luggage etc.). Rate is comparable to a Manhattan hotel and seems too high for such a hotel, but this is probably due to the shuttle service and the breakfast included in the rate.

We needed a night stopover on the way to the Caribbean so this was a good option. From Federal Circle we went on their free shuttle and arrived to the hotel safe and comfortable. The hotel is the equivalent of the 3 stars average European hotels. Due to much traffic and short stays, they can't develop too much of a personalized experience for each traveler. Room size and cleanliness were very good. There is coffee in the room and in the lobby. Breakfast was ok, included in the rate and had enough choices.

The blizzard of 2018! Staff was able to accommodate us a second night, thank goodness!

There is no restaurant on site, but 2 places nearby did provide delivery service. The room was small but the bed was kingsize!

The staff was incredibly helpful, never hurried me. Corrected the heater in the room, brought a comforter, just in case it was needed. 10+

Everything about this hotel was awesome;
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was excellent. There was nothing I did not like.

Everything about this hotel was awesome; staff and facility. Booking.com is the way to go. I am never disappointed. Thank you!

Nice staff, but the hotel desperately needs an overhaul. Looked and felt dirty.
    • Queen Room

Dirty, loud hotel, along an expressway, which made it hard to sleep. I was on a layover and needed rest. Didn't get any because of the noise of the expressway and the loud people coming and going throughout the hotel.

The staff was very helpful and polite.

It was very warm in the room (January)!

Far from airport

It was very warm in the room (January)! Reception people are very friendly and very helpful - thank you! Real professionals! Coffee in the room, chocolates, cookies - after a long flight - thank you!

Close to JFK airport.

Don't expect home made or even hotel made stuff for breakfast. Even the cheese omelettes are prefabricated supermarket supllies

Close to JFK airport. Served by free shuttle. No frills. Service with a smile. Clean. Quiet. Efficient

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

..in general, my stay was great! It would be greater if there will be a pair slippers in my next sta

..there was no pair of slippers ..the iron wasn't working..

..the bed was amazing.. ..the breakfast was outstanding.. ..wifi connection was fast.. ..staffs were approachable and informative..

Good overall
    • Room Selected at Check-In

My toilet bowl was scratched brown (inside). It made me think it wasn't properly clean but later I was told it was s scratch.

The bed was excellent

A disgrace
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I booked this hotel for US 310,00 more US 50,00 fee, total is was US 360,00. When I arrived at the hotel the Crew of the hotel charged US 380,00 That I paid cash and the Crew counted each note. So I asked for the receipt. The give me a receipt of ONLY US 360,00. ONLY after a Huge discussion they gived Back the diference of US 20,00 .I know US 20,00 is a little cash, but try to trick the guest can not be forgived. In the morning of the next day, at the check out, I reported What happened to the mannager, she apologized but I think she do not care too much. By the way this hotel do not worth half it's Price.

Terrible morning staff during the week but good WiFi.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The air condition was so loud I barely slept. Also, I went downstairs for water and there was a guy visibility on drugs following me around. I was completely terrified. Also, the breakfast doesn’t start until 5. The shuttle leaves every hour on the hour so we had zero time to eat. I wouldn’t consider t a free breakfast because we simply did not get any. The woman who was setting it up wouldn’t let us take anything because it was 4:55 AM and breakfast didn’t start until 5. Really rude. we will not be coming back.

The WiFi was fast. The girl at the front desk was nice too when we checked in.

Breakfast is a big plus for me and clean air and room is very important for my wife.

Was not sure how to work the heating or cooling unit in the room if needed or if it was clean if used.

Nice bed, great breakfast, smoke free room close to kitchen and to checkout desk.

Had to stay there
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Laurissa in the reception was amazing and very helpful and welcoming , location beside the air port was perfect as I had to sleep for my second flight early morning

see above

see above

Odd odor in the room- maybe from the carpeting. While it appeared clean the odor lead me to believe it wasnt'. Not a cleaning supply odor - but a lingering organic odor. Front Desk staff thorough and helpful, and pleasant. I paid, after taxes 250 for one night. It was worth half.

good for a nights sleep, before a long haul flight.

our check in lady was a little dismissive, they are a busy hotel, so i guess our questions were annoying, not deserving of explanation.

very efficient shuttle service. the bed was comfortable, the room was noisy, you could hear plumbing from the adjacent rooms, it is pricey, reason: airport hotel, which was always fully booked,

Comfortable but not value for money. Should have stayed at a nearby hotel.
    • Queen Room

Staff at reception in the evening not friendly, makes one feel unwelcome. Morning staff better. Bought water and snacks at the counter in the evening. Gave $10 dollar bill for $9 cost of goodies. She did not even offer to give the change, or give a receipt.

Clean and good toilet facilities. Excellent location.

Ideal for night's stay near JFK to catch morning flight...

Rooms could be kept cleaner

Ideal for night's stay near JFK to catch morning flight with decent breakfast and a punctual and courteous shuttle service

Very happy and I recommend your hotel and particularly it closeness to JFK and the shuttle.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

If one of the beds was a QS abd SB it would be better. But I understand the reason for 2 DB in the Room.

The friendly staff were extremely capable and helpful. Particularly after a harrowing experience with taxi driver from Newark, who was rude, abusive and did not know where to go and did not use a GPS and was a dangerous driver. Many thanks to Danny and Ladies at reception. I would recommend Holiday Inn Express and would stay again if I am in New York again.

Good stay before long flight.

Breakfast finishing at 9am, would prefer 10am.

Very comfortable beds, nice and polite staff, close to Kennedy Airport, free airport shuttle. Shops and restaurants few minutes away by car.

One night stop over to start 2 week tour

Disposable bowls and cutlery at breakfast. Small room size. Tired fixtures & fittings especially in bathroom

Very functional no frills airport hotel. Comfy bed.

Service OK, the closet (room 403) was an unpleasant experience
    • Queen Room

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Queens and in Albany, N Y many times. On each previous occasion we enjoyed the luxury of excellent rooms. On this trip. We were quartered in a closet. Guess I should not have signed up for IHG privileges.

A basic Express hotel

Absolutely no where to get dinner. Although hotel did supply order in take sways. Wouldn't venture out at night. Too dangerous.

A good overnight stop if flying in to JFK. before picking up hire car. Good breakfast with friendly staff.

Well woth the money and a short drive to the airport
    • Queen Room

The room was clean and had everything you needed for a short stay. The facilities at the hotel were more than adequate. As we arrived late there were several establishments that delivered food to the hotel

Wasn't happy with the noise but the breakfast was satisfactory.
    • Queen Room

People arguing and shouting in the hallway at 3:00 AM , waking us up, is not what we expected from Holiday Inn Express. We called the office and while it took a few minutes the night manager did come up and helped resolve the situation.

Location to the airport and shuttle service.

Very friendly staff - not worth the 300 I paid for one night...

Very friendly staff - not worth the 300 I paid for one night at ALL. Didn't have a fridge in the room - our toilet clogged - just such a weird night !?

This is a decent airport hotel to stay overnight after a long flight

The room rate of 167 US$ was high and complimentary breakfast is very basic , can be a lot better

The front office staff were courteous and friendly during check in, Airport shuttle facility was good.

I plan this hotel for an early morning flight and was great

Far from public transportation, so you have to take Taxi cab or uber and each time I get one was 20USD.

Really close to the airport, and the shuttle service is excellent.

OK for a quick airport stay.

Our room was below ground level and was dark. At check in the staff person told us breakfast would not be open at 5 am when we had to leave for our flight, but she indicated we could get a breakfast bag. When we went to check out there was no breakfast bag and breakfast was open but we had not allowed enough time to eat.

Confident and comfortable for a quick stay.

I was promise 20% discount back

Upon return about 1:am in which I requested room clean due to my wedding night. Room wasn't clean on my return from my wedding night. My husband and I had to change sheets. Sweep and ask for clean towels

Everything's good but.....

The location was not ideal. It's too far from the downtown , access to public transport is difficult.

The Service at front desk was good. They were very nice and polite.

The room was not clean enough but the manager compensated us...

The room was not clean enough but the manager compensated us with 20 percent discount. Not a good value for money given we paid 152 for a room that had a strong odor and was not clean

Stay away from this hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is really bad - far from the metro and from the airport. The surroundings are scary with strange people walking around. Definitely not a place to stay with children. The breakfast was very basic and not tasty. They charged us 20$ more than promised during the reservation.

The airport shuttle
    • Room Selected at Check-In

We requested 2 beds and we were given a double bed on both bookings when enquired we were told its based on arrival, why give us the option to request a "type of room" if it is not delivered.

The airport shuttle The options of food delivery The breakfast The location

The hot breakfast was great, and the shuttle to/from JFK...

Our room was slightly below the parking lot, looking out on it - car tires were about eye level. The room A/C blew directly onto the bed from overhead, making it uncomfortably drafty.

The hot breakfast was great, and the shuttle to/from JFK was handy.

great for overnight for early flights from Kennedy
    • Queen Room

it was ok for my purpose, nothing to write home about

it was fine for an overnight bed prior an early departure to the airport. nothing special but ok for the purpose and clean

Great location and breakfast

Vending machines. Wanted diet soda and had to travel to multiple floors to get a diet coke.

Clean, comfortable, delivery of italian food, friendly staff and airport shuttle was great. Breakfast which was complimentary was VERY GOOD!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Had a pleasant stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little pricey, but I guess you're paying for location.

The staff was wonderful. I was concerned about my truck being towed since I had to leave it there after checkout for several hours as I took my children to JFK via the shuttle. They reassured me this wouldn't happen. The breakfast was wonderful. I would have liked to see soy milk as an alternative. We were given menus when we arrived so we could order in. Wasn't noisy. Very clean. Free shuttle to airport.

Not a lot of value for the room price

Booking.com did not forward my credit card change to the hotel - this resulted in my reservation being cancelled. I had saved my email regarding the change & the issue was resolved. There wass very little sitting area where the breakfast was served - not very accomodating. No microwave or mini fridge in the room.

The staff was very helpful and professional. They resolved a billing issue regarding my stay.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Great accommodations!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was easy to get to with the convenient shuttle service and the directions for finding the shuttle simple and easy to follow. The staff was pleasant and welcoming upon arrival and willing to do as much as they could to make my stay a good one!

Very pleased.

You do hear some car noise if your room on the the highway side. Guests coming in late or leaving early can also be noisy.

The location is perfect especially if you are there for a short visit. The hotel staff were great and very nice. Have stayed here before on my transits through JFK. Would recommend.

Ok for an overnight stop

Food from the reception seemed a little pricey

Room was a little dated but bed was nice and comfy. Photos make rooms look a lot brighter than the one we had. Breakfast was OK although fruit juice was not the best Fine for an overnight stop waiting for flight.

Great stay at Holiday Inn JFK

The location was great - picked to be close to the airport, but the traffic noise was quite loud.

The staff were particularly friendly and helpful. This was our last stay before coming home so this is compared with the other 6 places we stayed at.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Because of a compromised credit card our reservation was...

Because of a compromised credit card our reservation was cancelled at the last minute. We discovered this when we arrived ...and also learned that the hotel was fully booked by then. But the diligent woman at the front desk found us a room that was being used temporarily for storage, had the items removed, and found a place of us. This solved a major problem for us, and was greatly appreciated.

Great stopover hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing really apart from being a smoker and getting bothered by individuals pestering you for a spare cigarette but that is not the hotels problem.

Good choice of breakfast and beds were very comfortable. The free transfer to the airport terminal was a bonus.

Everyday is a holiday @ holiday inn express jfk.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms doors did not fit up tight when they were closed. Did not feel very secure. Had a gap and I could actually see light from the hallway thru it.

The free breakfast was amazing. More than we expected. Staff was very courteous and helpful

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Good for a one night layover at JFK

After your 8 hour flight from Europe, going through passport and customs, getting your bags, you are then told to take the airtrain to Federal Circle to get the shuttle. All this can be a challenge if you're not familiar with JFK and a pretty long walk equipped with two escalators and spotty directions.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

JFK convenience

Awesome location, really easy and convenient to JFK. Clean tidy and comfortable hotel, friendly staff, very accommodating. Would definitely stay here again

Good place to stay after transatlantic flight!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

hoped to get two single beds but ended up having to share a double - not too annoying a problem considering I was staying with my father, but not ideal.

Good location; exceptionally friendly staff; decent breakfast options available from 5am onwards.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows.
    • Queen Room

A bit too near the road so i could hear the traffic. Noisy with doors banging due to airport customers coming and going.

The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. Very clean. Great breakfast. Very polite and friendly staff. Very near to the airport.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The breakfast staff (lady) was exceptional.

The breakfast staff (lady) was exceptional. Worked fast kept all the food refilled n area clean 👍 She is an asset to you. House keeping staff also great. Front dest called to make sure everything was ok with room after check in that was amazing!!!!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Overall excellent stay
    • King Room - Disability Access

We were in a room close to the lobby and it was a bit loud. But it was the last King bed room and I booked with short notice.

Great service. Convenient location. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Nice hotel...

Slippers not available. (I used my own socks use while walking the room) why microwave is located in the reception area?

The bed is big and matress is so clean and comfy.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Disaster, avoid all together.

Bookings deducted the amount from my cc before the stay. At hotel, they knew nothing about the booking or payment. Said they will charge the same. They deducted two amounts from my cc. In total, R1000 more that was quoted by bookings. Receptionist at hotel said she will sort out with bookings, she did nothing. Now I have to take my time to sort out this mess and to get my money back. Bookings must sort out asap. Unexceptable!! Avoid this hotel +++ Do NOT give your cc to this hotel. I want an answer asap and my money refunded. I used bookings many times in the past without a problem. Bookings must remove this hotel from their website alltogether. Schalk s va der Walt

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Terrible hotel

The breakfast was terrible, no fruit no yoghurt really nothing to eat that was remotely healthy the manager could not find my booking and was really unpleasant about it The hotel seemed so cheap hard to belief it was s holiday inn hotel

Nothing just the shuttle service to the airport was okay

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Ok for me but people who expect more will need to go elsewhere and pay more.
    • Queen Room

Close to the Airport which is what I wanted. Not sure how you get into New York without going back to the Airport and catching the train which was no problem.