Reviews of Holiday Inn & Suites Boston Peabody 3 stars

One Newbury Street, Peabody, MA 01960, USA

#5 of 7 hotels in Peabody

We enjoyed our stay and the location was very convenient!

Breakfast is not included in your room rate which was quite a disappointment. The extra charge was going to be $11/person so we decided to go to a local restaurant which we thoroughly enjoyed! The water pressure in the shower was very low, but we were still able to get clean. The heating/AC unit was not working at 100% capacity.

The accommodations were very comfortable. We stayed with family for a wedding and my parents' room was upgraded to a suite which was perfect! Thoroughly enjoyed hanging out in their room. My accommodations were great too. The bed was very comfortable. The heating/AC unit was not working at 100% capacity, but we were still comfortable.

It was quiet.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Difficult to get to; construction next door may have contributed to that.

It was quiet. The Front Desk connected me to tech support, which was helpful.

Disappointment. Got a night free, but would rather have had the pool usable to make family memories.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We choose this hotel for the pool and it was freezing. The desk stated “ it was 69 degrees and was checked three times a day.” No way was the water temperature 69. We couldn’t enjoy the pool. It was something we were looking forward to as a family. The phone in our room didn’t work either.

Ok, but I won’t trust the property to be safe for me or my family.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The metal rod sticking out from under the bed which cut me, when I went to lie down. Someone came to fix it , but the damage was done, I became fearful of all things and I had a cut on my leg. The manager and I filled out a report , but I didn’t get any kind of compensation for my troubles. Don’t feel like I should have to ask, it should be given without a hesitation. A free breakfast or money taken off the bill would have been nice.

The location is convient for us in relationship to our daughters college.

Satisfactory/good
    • Standard Room

They should take care of little things. For example stained lamp shades. These little things make a difference in the way you presieve cleanliness.

The room was clean which is ultimately the most important thing to me.

THIS PLACE IS WORSE THAN TERRIBLE

I can go on forever checked in desk staff girl rude never made eye contact never smiled mumbling about everything she said couldn't understand her asked her to repeat got a massive attitude still mumbling. Hallway carpet dirty elevator doors on the outside looked like I was in an abandoned wearhouse. Lighting in room was basically so poor had to use flashlight on my phone to see. When booked room expected at least a mini fridge at least for the $ 144 plus tax I paid so my food and drinks got ruined and when asked front desk why no fridge was told had to rent a suite to get a mini fridge I've been in hotels were I've paid by the hour and they at least had a mini fridge come on seriously another 50 to 100 dollars for a mini fridge and a sofa TV was terrible reception terrible remote hardly worked had to press the button about 5 times to change channels or volume and had to aim it directly at the TV bed was comfortable pillows were flat sheets were soft room floor dirty bathroom old but clean breakfast terrible only thing that was semi good was the runny scrambled eggs hash browns were like eating little rocks and everything else was terrible at breakfast no butter no cream cheese only other thing that was good at breakfast was our waiter very friendly and polite I can go on for days about the bad things about this place but I think you all get the idea if your ever in the area and thinking of booking a hotel DON'T BOOK THIS HOLIDAY INN to be completely honest with you all I'd rather book and stay at a $5 an hour hotel in the middle of the Ghetto with everything and anything going on around the hotel that is negative that you can think of use your own imagination yes my stay at this holiday INN was my worst hotel stay ever I've stayed here before for a wedding it was bad then but unbelievable horrible now would not ever recommend this place to my worst enemy what ever you do don't stay here better off staying at a fly by night hotel in...

The only thing that was good was one 3 employee were pleasant and interacted with about 5 or 6 only thing good was eggs at breakfast

Easy access/right off highway
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty, rundown, sketchy location, staff that were clearly miserable about having to work there, tv didn’t work at first, electrical outlets were dangerously falling apart with exposed wiring, mattresses had broken springs

Easy access/right off highway

Need more amenities 😐

It had NO fridge or microwave..breakfast only included for some rooms and not others, which at other hotels is included for all and free.

Is was clean, comfortable and spacious.

Clean room, staff I interected with were delightful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Employee, an older man,at desk at checkout, was disrespectful and snarky at another employee. This happened infront of customers. Something about an event room being set up incorrectly. 1. I never should have known about it. 2. A good employee treats his coworkers the way he would like to be treated.

Breakfast staff was amazing!

Bed is comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were left with no towels after they cleaned the room. The headboard was peeling off and gross. When we went to breakfast there were no plates, no coffee left, and food was lukewarm.

Bed is comfortable. Location is great. Easy check in and check out. Indoor pool.

Great overall but breakfast would have made it definitely worth the value.

No breakfast? Thought that was sort of a given at hotels, seeing as the room was $99 for the night.

Comfortable bed and got upgraded to a suite free of charge, which was great.

Overall we were very happy
    • Standard Room

The only thing I was unhappy with was the recommendation of a taxi company. The taxi company was disappointing.

The room was excellent. The bed and pillows we're excellent. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

The bed was comfortable
    • Standard Room

front desk attitude was Terrible! The third door of the hotel was key accessed from the outside but you could not go out the door at all which is a HUGE fire hazard! When I alerted the front desk they brushed me off yeah yeah yeah well so sorry and continued doing his paper work. He was awful, if I could have lost 150 dollars I would have left as soon as I got there

The bed was comfortable

Overall a decent place to stay.

The toliet barley flushed. The headboard in our room was peeling. It makes the room look uncared for. One employee was very unprofessional. When we were checking in he was openly complaining about his job with another employee. He was also rude to my boyfriend after the woman who checked us in didn’t take properly record our credit card info for our security deposit.

Bedding was extremely comfy I loved the puffy blanket. The breakfast was decent and the gentleman who greeted us every morning was very pleasant. The cleaning staff was also very friendly.

Great value and close to Salem. B+ 8/10

Stains all over the floor and water spills in the elevator

Most amazing pillows and luxurious comfort for the bed. Great value , breakfast was so so but good value for $11. Convenient access to Salem only 10 min away.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was further from downtown and we did not realize we would have to uber or leave early due to parking situation in Salem with crowds.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Adequate for the area.

Hallways are dirty and beaten up. I think the cleaning carts are destroying this property. The beds should be changed immediately.

Location and price relative to the area. The bathroom appears new so they are trying to make improvements.

It was ok, old looking designs made it seem like I was too young to stay there.

The bathroom curtain touching the toilet. Unable to change shower setting. Firm pillow was very limp and soft. No vent in the bathroom and no lighting near the bedroom mirrors.

Clean sheets.

It was fine, but my least favorite on my whole 2 week trip through New England.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

broken lamp, lack of computers in business office, lack of amenities in room (frig, micro), very long hallways, no breakfast included

comfy bed & pillows

Great, basic, very clean and comfortable hotel, however the location is less than ideal.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is a bit out of the way from anything at all nearby. You’ll need a car or ride share service constantly as it’s right off a highway with no sidewalks, so you can’t even walk to a convenience store. The hotel itself offers very limited room service from the restaurant next door, ending at 10pm so bring your own snacks. I was here for business, not getting back to the hotel till after 10pm, and there are no other restaurants in the area open or delivering at that time.

The staff was very accommodating and generous with a late check out. They also made sure I had a top floor room as requested. The beds were really comfortable with nice linens and the room & facilities were very clean. A solid, but basic hotel.

The beds were comfortable and the room was very spacious.

We had asked for a non-smoking room but it clearly smelled like smoke. It was really off putting and really bothered me all night. We asked if was possible to switch rooms but unfortunately they were all booked up. I'm sure it wasn't the fault of the staff there but i feel like the chain itself should do something to accommodate for this.

The beds were comfortable and the room was very spacious. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked. I loved the dining area. It felt like an upscale restaurant rather than just a hotel cafe.

Unclean, and no coffee the next morning.
    • Standard Room

Housekeeping is understaffed but also not motivated to make rooms comfortable and clean. The sheets on our bed were not clean, and we witnessed housekeeping using lint rollers in overturned rooms on sheets to pick up hair. The headboard’s vinyl was peeling off, and shedding onto the pillows. Brackets for a framed photo were left bare in the wall. We found a towel with what we hope was dark brown make-up smeared on the inside of the towel. The shower had clumps (not just strands) of hair from a previous guest, and the sink had a previous guest’s hair clips, garbage, and even pills on the floor. Even though I used my own personal disinfectant on the room, I still felt I had to sleep with a hoodie on and my pants tucked into my socks. There were no other rooms available as a wedding was in the hotel that night.

I've been to holiday inns before this by far was my worst expierience with a holiday inn. D

Upon arrival the alleged manager of the night told myself and my partner that "weird people stay at this hotel and this area is weird". That's never reassuring upon arrival, we were exhausted so we walked back to our rooms and noticed several people roaming the halls which was odd but we kept on walking. I booked a king size room in march and I was given double size beds. When I approached the manager of the night he said "we couldn't give it to you so take it up with bookings we are not going to do anything". Thats never a good feeling so I began contacting bookings. We returned the room to find the same roaming individuals outside our hotel window smoking marijuana and found what looked to be blood in one of the drawers inside our room. Throughout the night we killed several mosquitos and we're swatting bugs. The nearby emergency exit to our room was accessible with key accesss unfortunately the key fob was ripped out, so throughout the night you could hear people coming in and out slamming the door. This is also a safety concern as anyone can walk into the hotel. The next morning I went to address my issues with the new front desk manager and he was kind to comp us their breakfast and said they would attempt to switch us to a king suite but it was not guaranteed. This was an unsettling feeling, so we continued with our day attempted to get breakfast but that was also filled with flies. Thankfully bookings advocated on my behalf and was able to cancel my second night at that hotel.

The only thing I liked about this expierience was how bookings handled everything despite the hotels lack of communication.

Should have stayed somewhere else for the price.

The location was not easy to get to. Additionally, the breakfast was not included in the very expensive price of the room. We paid for the breakfast, and the quality was lacking. Wish we had stayed somewhere else.

Easy access to room.

Price didn't include breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only place to go to eat and drink real close by was Carrabas. And they were very expensive.

Price didn't include breakfast. Had to pay extra. Bed was a little stiff.

Not good
    • Double Room - Disability Access Tub

Almost everything.. The hotel was old and not so clean. When I went to the counter ..I only got one bed instead of 2 queen beds that I have requested. The hotel assistant told me that Booking.com always changed the reservations. Booking send them a request for one bed only.

Only the breakfast.

It did not meet my expectations for the price the price was that of a semi luxury hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was dirty and musty a bit the bathroom was the dirtiest we found a whole finger nail on the top ledge of the shower not a cutting but a whole pink nail the sink was dirty and stained and there was a half inch of stagnant water in the ice bucket from who knows when it was noisy at night and the beds were like worn out straw. Also the elevator closest to our room worked only about half the time which I guess was a good thing I took the stairs a lot.

It was ok, just some small issues,

I could not use my holiday inn awards card.

Very difficult to drive off of the property due to traffic and the one way road. Also, the security doors into the hotel are not secured and entrance is easy.

Convenient location with comfortable bed

People in next room let children run in and out of room banging door until about 11:30 pm disturbing sleep. Reported this to desk at 10:30 but people did not change behavior.Next time will request room change.

When I arrived the room I was given had not been cleaned...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I arrived the room I was given had not been cleaned from the previous guest so I had to walk a long way back to request a new room and one that was a shorter walk. The receptionist was very nice. Next day when I returned my electronic keys wouldn't open the room, so I had to return to get them updated. The pool was way too hot. Breakfast was ok, but nothing special, though it did include hot foods and fruit.

Reasonable hotel with good breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms could do with a spruce up and the carpet was stained (athough generally appeared fairly clean).

Staff were nice and helpful. Good breakfast. Dual carriageway location has a few amenities eg an Italian restraunt, gas station, store, but they can close early (9 or 10pm)

Overpriced, needs improvement
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room is overpriced. The towel rack in the bathroom was falling off the wall, the wall paper in the bathroom was peeling at the seam. The beds were so noisy that when someone in the opposite bed rolled over the other woke up. There were clumps of hair along the outside of the pool. The bathroom and room were not cleaned very well. Bobbi pins were scattered on the floor along with other small scraps making it clear it had not been vacuumed. Breakfast is $11 per person and not any more options than other hotels "free" hot breakfast.

There is a pool and fitness room, the staff was friendly.

Seedy characters smoking outside.

Seedy characters smoking outside. smoke penetrated lobby. Water leak under sink, towels stored on shelf under sink saturated. Left without showering.

Liked it a lot
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was difficult to see due to trees and inconspicuous signage. We passed it and didn't realize it for some time. Doing U turns on highway 1 is difficult.

The beds, the parking, the TV (actually worked very well unlike a lot of places we've stayed at), the room. Pretty much everything.

It was home away from home!

I can't say anything.

My husband and I had a wonderful trip to Peabody. We chose to stay at this facility because of its location, closer to Gloucester, Salisbury State Beach, Salem. When we checked in, we were given the opportunity to upgrade our king room to a king suite. This was absolutely wonderful. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. We look forward to staying at this facility in the future. Thank you so much for helping to make our trip awesome!

Decent for the money

The location was on a one way side of thruway Loved that there was a pool but when we got there give young men we're using soap from the bathroom and Sliding on the floor into the pool so water was cloudy they also did some damage to the wall was surprised no one came to investigate from the desk since they have the pool area monitored by camera at the front desk

Price was decent staff were friendly

Missing some standard comfort
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

No microwave or fridge in the rooms, I hate that especially staying at a very reputable chain, stayed at a red roof a few weeks ago for half of what I paid here n had both in the room with complementary breakfast...

Very comfortable beds , rooms r nice staff is friendly

Close to Salem, Marblehead and the Highway
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

could have used a fridge or a microwave

The Bed was the most comfortable I have ever had for a hotel. Breakfast was very good and quite a lot of choices. Very quiet room, good airconditioner

Great hotel. Would stay again when visiting Boston.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shuttle service to a couple of local areas would have been nice. The vending machines and the breakfast is too high.

Amy checked us in and was super friendly. We met a couple of other staff members who were very nice as well. The room was very clean and well stocked. It had a fridge, microwave and Kuerig machine (my fav). The indoor pool was nice and well maintained. We ate breakfast one morning and the food was delicious, although $11 per person is a little high. The vending machines are also quite pricey, so bring food & drinks. There is a Carrabas onsite for dinner options. The Transit system doesn't run close to there, but we took Uber to visit Salem & Boston and it wasn't a problem. They do not offer any shuttle service.

Accommodating and more...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

While the bed was overall comfortable, it was noisy getting in and out of. Must be the ? Boxspring. There were 2 beds and both were the same; sounds like you are sitting or or getting off something that still contains a cardboard type packaging. Also, unfortunately, as much as we love this place and staff, it is difficult to find and entered with GPS ( remember we are not city folk) it took us 3 or 4 tries each time, coming & going to get it right as there are no turnaround when you go by it. We literally just missed the turn by one driveway and could not simply turn around and go back. We were finally advised by a patron of sonic (2 driveways away) that there are "legal u-turns" and when to expect them ! That was a huge help but too late after all the time we spent trying to "turn around". It's a great accomodation, too bad it's so difficult to get in and out of!

This,was our second time staying here. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was perfect for our needs; we have yet to use the pool or fitness area as there never seems to be enough time. Leonard & his wife (he was also there 2 years ago) guided us to the T station as we are not city folk and do not travel well in the city (though we give it a good try!)This guidance enhanced our stay immensely and was greatly appreciated!! We were only there for breakfast which was very good and plentiful at Carrabas

Touring base North of Boston

As an IHG member we were upgraded, had a nice suite, very comfortable bed. Staff and Management were excellent and very helpful. Location was excellent for touring New England, N of Boston.

Nice place to rest eat and enjoy

No gym but was so busy away from motel that was fine.

Breakfast was good. Room very clean. Bed comfortable. Friendly and helpful employees. convenient to my destinations. Restaurant next door awesome. Clean great food and friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Convenient location at reasonable price with great restaurant attached
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A simple breakfast at less cost.

Attached Italian restaurant xcellent. Bed seemed comfy but we were both "back" conscious after three days. Pool was very good. Staff were outstanding, especially when I queried the bill (which I hate doing) and they followed through on it outstandingly.

Disappointed in housekeeping
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I had to complain to the front desk for housekeeping to change my bedding which is something I shouldn't have to do after the second night however I should come back to the room and it's half clean.

I loved the front desk. They was very polite as well as making my checkin ecsperience very easy!

Travelers find H I & S a clean, convenient location with good service, for a good experience.

It was a bit pricier than what we usually pay for one nighters. If the breakfast Buffett were thrown in as part of the room fee, we would have been most happy. The breakfast was very good and convenient.

We liked the convenience of being able to have breakfast there at the facility before we left. I liked the coffee in the lobby and the cucumber water in the evening. Room was clean enough although showed hints of some wear and tear. Towels were clean and fluffy enough. It was central to where we wanted to be. Staff was cordial and friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Me and my wife Jennifer like when they upgraded to a suite...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we got there and check in they told us that our room was not available they never received a confirmation that I booked on May 1st I was supposed to pay for a double bed refrigerator 4 $357 instead they gave us a handicap. They charged us $428. So the next day I talk to the manager and they put us in a suite they only charge us $322 the for apology.

Me and my wife Jennifer like when they upgraded to a suite and swimming pool was nice breakfast was really good

Need a better computer system

My credit card being swiped eight different times for eight different prices never for my quoted booking price I finally had to pay with cash because of their faulty system and my credit card company had to place a block on my card.

My check in clerk

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Average basic hotel

extra pillows, refrigerator in room, microwave in room, ice machine on 2nd floor broken. Extra chair in bedroom would be nice for a guest. Ventilation for bathroom. Perhaps include breakfast with stay for a bit more money in cost.

average basic hotel, good price. No frills here.

March 24-26

Breakfast wasn't that great could use some improvement.

I like the front desk staff so treating us with a king size suite after our original room didn't have heat. That was very kind of them.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The room was very clean and beds were comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Requested a room on the highest level possible at time of booking and got a room on the first floor. There was a function going on and could hear the music most if the night. Asked for a few more towels and got towels for the floor. Could have an extra outlet, had to unplug a lamp to charge phone and laptop.

The room was very clean and beds were comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The beds were realy comfortabel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The last day that we checked out the front clerk was very rude. I asked if I only need to give them their keys back, he told me " what do you want a group hug" . Also their is no shuttle.

The beds were realy comfortabel.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Got a bait and switch on my reserved room.
    • Standard Room

Requested a king bed, wound up in a double with two full size beds. Neither bed was very comfortable, and box spring was very noisy. When i called front desk, they told me that the booking.com rate didn't allow you to reserve a type of bed... but then why did it give me the option?!

Breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The room was very clean and comfortable.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed and pillows were awesome best night sleep in a hotel. I even ordered some pillows on line ! Breakfast was also very good and the Staff was super nice. I would rate this hotel a 10.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Cheap, but disapointing

When I booked this hotel originally I had thought that this was a lot closer to Salem. Advertised, I believe it said that it was "miles" from Salem. I was not expecting to walk, but I also was not expecting $20 uber rides there and $20 back, that bummed me out as that was the whole reason we stayed in Salem. I wish I would have read the reviews before I booked too, because after I booked I did, and I noticed the complaints about the "free breakfast" and I was also disappointed when I got to the hotel and realized the first morning that it was $11.00 per person for breakfast. Another reason we booked this hotel was we had thought breakfast would be taken care of, wrong. There was a very large stain in our room, right infront of the door, it just made it look like the room was not cleaned. The bed was really uncomfortable, I never felt like I really got a good nights sleep...bed was too hard. I would not stay again.

Honestly, the price was the only thing that was decent.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

5.5
    nice clean and safe but indifferent
    • Standard Room

Loud party in area on first night-called and spoke to night manager. I was on 4th fl over first fl party -so loud I had to turn ty on to block noise---not even offered a bottle of water to help smooth things over- but it was a safe place for single traveler

location and safety

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Good minus the mold
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The mold on my room which caused migraines. Specifically on the windowsill, so it made the entire room smell of mold dank

The location and lobby to the beds.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Ah, I've seen worse but I've def seen better.

The location isn't great. You can get to Salem or Boston within a 20-30 minute drive if you dont get stuck in traffic but there is little to nothing in walking distance. Wifi service is terrible. There is no refrigerator in the room. We spent over $600 for 3 nights and for that we got a room with a view of the AC units, the private event music rattled the walls of our room and kept us awake even though we had an early flight home, and they don't offer complimentary breakfast like most of the holiday inns where I've stayed before. The beds and pillows were clean but were very uncomfortable. Just overall wasn't that impressed.

Room was very clean. Plenty parking.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Room number 437!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The shower curtain bar was rusted. This in my mind is a simple fix and should of been replaced or painted. Also water was either freezing or hot but that could of been because we were on the top floor.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Find something better

The stay did not have a complimentary breakfast. You could buy a buffet for $11 per person but after how much I paid for a mediocre room, I wasn't about to pay for a mediocre motel meal.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Had nicer hotels for less
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just so so. Not great, not terrible. Breakfast crazy expensive. Elevators only one worked. View out windows..windows were gross!!

Location. Staff was great and informative.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

staff was nice & friendly- 2nd year we have stayed...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would have been nice to have complimentary coffee in the lobby all day! I have been at other hotels where they have it. one day there was hot cider for a little while, but in the chilly months it is nice to have a choice . Thank you

staff was nice & friendly- 2nd year we have stayed & will most likely be back again.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

I was not satisfied with the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds sucked. The pillows where awful. There was no ventilation no fan in bathroom. The heat smelled. And we were given a room right next to the storage room for the maids and other stuff. I have been in nicer Holiday Inns. Was not pleased.

That it was close to Salem

Very close to everything but rooms need work.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I disliked it was a cheap renovation. The wallpaper was coming apart at the seems. The furniture was a little beat up on and the mattress was not firm at all. They had water saver heads on the shower and it really had no pressure it took twice as long to rinse your hair. So what are you saving?

It seemed like the rooms were renovated recently in a contractor so I noticed that.

Room was clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They claimed to have a buffet breakfast and charged $11/plate for a small selection of food on a table. No mini fridge in room which is helpful when traveling.

Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Adequate for a one night stay
    • Standard Room

The smell of the room, it was a strong nail polish like smell, stained carpets.

Location was convenient, free parking, I paid 139 for the night, adequate for a one night stay

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Overall good experience

Mattress Too soft.

King. Suite was spacious and clean front desk. Helpful. Carrabas restaurant next door Very. Good Breakfast. Buffet. Decent

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Very disappointed for the money paid
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed in room 324 and it was dusty, mold in the bathroom by the tub, the wallpaper was lifting off the wall in the bath due to no ventilation, Soap dish knocked off in the shower, and the beds were very uncomfortable. Needs renovation in a big way. Expected more for the $323.93 we paid. Breakfast was in a large ballroom, tablecloths were stained.

I liked the location of this property as it was only a few miles from Salem Mass, Rockport and Gloucester. The front desk staff were friendly. Checkout was quick and easy.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Minimum amenities.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location required taking your life in your hands to get in there, off very busy highway. The breakfast was $11 extra, the ice machine on the third floor wasn't working, my door handle was extremely difficult to open and no microwave or refrigerator in the room.

Bed was marvelous.

Squeeze a 6'5" 350 lb guy on a rollaway
    • Double Room - Disability Access Tub

Booked a "double room" 2 adults 1 Child (17) Paid top $ for room Room wasnt ready at 3:15 when we checked in Gave us a 1 bed room queen bed Had to ask for a rollaway Was given breakfast vouchers which food was bad Said they hadno more rooms available

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Satisfactory

Not good value. Pretty basic hotel. For an extra 10%, I could have gone to a nicer family run hotel.

It was a typical chain hotel. So can't complain

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Very dusty

The room was very dusty. More than what you normally see. The curtains a thick layer of dust on it . They should at least do monthly deep cleans.

Great location and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

AWFUL EXPERIENCE!

Awful

Terrible experience in the Peabody location. The manager Jerry stormed in my room 405,at 10pm came into the room and shut the door behind him he started yelling and screaming at me in front of my 7yr old son who is autistic. Screaming at me for $126. And said if I didn't pay him right now he was calling the police. Mind you had already been there 2days prior and paid the hotel already over $500. I asked him to stop yelling in front of my son, and please leave my room , that you cannot just walk in here and shut the door. He continued to tell and was very intimidating. He said pay or leave. My son started to cry. He escorted me downstairs where I went to the atm and withdrew $200. I was appalled with his actions And disgusted. Scaring my son over $126. When I was staying another 2 nights. I paid for that night and checked out the next morning. Horrible staff. Jennifer and Jerry were terrible staff. I would never stay at another Holiday inn again because of that experience. Terrible! He should be fired what he did.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

I booked through booking with deferred payment.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked through booking with deferred payment. However they tried to charge my card and due to a glitch the payment was rejected. They gave my room away with no notice despite having my mobile phone. When I got there the place was full and had to wait in the lobby for a room to be quickly prepared. Bad experience. Room not very clean, maybe just because it was quickly arranged.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Clean, comfortable, friendly hotel. I would stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is not visible from the road, we past it luckily we took the next correct left turn and found it. When traffic is like it is, there's no time for hesitation

Leonard at check-in showed superb customer service. He went above and beyond as he assisted us with information regarding the T how to get there, which lines to take and not take. He even let us follow him (after his shift was done) to the station.cant say enough about him.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

It was clean.

The sink was clog..lucky we stayed for one night..and the front desk.. Didn't have change for vending machines..all hotels should provide them...

It was clean..