Reviews of Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area 3 stars

1707 Owen Drive, Fayetteville, NC 28304, USA

#31 of 41 hotels in Fayetteville

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel was dingy ,bad layout dirty poorly trained staff it was barely adequate two stars would be a a better rating

Not much it kept us dry from the rain

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like how they gave me downstairs when I booked for a balacony. And then it didn’t have a view my view was a parking lot where people mad noise all night motorcycle and all I didn’t get any sleep I actually left the third day of me staying and stayed at a friend house because I was so uncomfortable and couldn’t get the rest I needed , then the pool wasn’t open and the maids never came to my room to clean or pick up my trash I changed my own trash bags . I also had a baymont phone that said room 207 but I was in room 146 with Ramada.

I like how it looked it was nice and clean and beds where comfortable .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

When I got into my room. It was dirty washcloths. Only a half of roll of tussies. I had to call front desk to ask for moore tissues and washcloth. We never got our washcloths so I end up washing with a towel. The bed wasn't comfortable.

• King Room with View - Non-Smoking

The hateful lady in the food cafe and there was mold/rust in the bathroom. I work third shift so I sleep during the day, no blackout curtains on upper floors of Ramada, it was way too bright. They need blackout curtains in all rooms!

Virginia at the front desk was wonderful, very pleasant and helpful. The nazi lady at the cashier desk at food cafe was rude and mean. Other than that, it was an okay stay.

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

We waited until check in at 3 pm only to find that our room wasn't ready after making an online reservation in advance. Once we finally arrived to our room we found that the linens were dirty and the bathroom was poorly cleaned. We found a used rag in the shower from the person that stayed before us. When we made the staff aware that the linens/bathroom was dirty they advised us that we were not the only ones to make that complaint.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

The room seemed like a jail cell it was in poor condition, i looked at three different rooms and the staff told me to book a room at the baymont cause the quality was better!

Nice location

• King Room - Disability Access

I booked a disability room and sadly my guest couldn’t used the bathroom in a proper way because the light fixture wasn’t working. We asked for help to get its fixed and the staff responsible didn’t keep appointments. It was very uncomfortable for someone who has restricted sight in the hotel room. Toilet paper wasn’t refilled on polite demand that added to the unfortunate stay. Lucky the supervisor was able to help us on day of check out. I wish it could’ve been easier.

Continantal breakfast was fine, host were very friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

Property didn't have my reservation in their system. Had to call Booking.com to get itinerary sent to property. Over 30 minutes to get checked in. Check-in staff was rude & not very accommodating!!!

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Hotel PC system was down so hotel was unable to provide a room stay receipt.

Large room with King bed which allowed plenty of room for 3 foot pet carrier. Bed was on a platform so we could allow our cat out of the carrier to roam around the room. Staff was very friendly and accommodating to any request.

• Upgraded King Room with Balcony

The price of the hotel did not match with the hotel gave the ceiling was falling apart your bathroom and ordering it we went and purchased our own pillows And two bottles of Lysol

The gathering we had :New Years party at the facility

• Upgraded King Room with Balcony

The alarms went off for over 45 mins and we had to leave due to my husband having a headache and couldn’t take that sound inside the room and all thru the motel. I asked for another night free but haven’t got a reply back from Ebony the manager yet

• Upgraded King Room with Balcony

I was very annoyed when we arrived, exhausted and bleary-eyed after 10 hours on the road, to find that the room I had booked for three adults and a small dog (your website indicated that it could hold up to 4 people) contained only two narrow beds and no pullout sofa. It was DEFINITELY NOT appropriate for 3 adults, and your site should have been more specific about what "holds up to 4" actually means. I decided to splurge on an additional room for my son-in-law, which I booked through your website. This turned out to be the second poor decision I made concerning our lodgings: At 10 pm after a full day on the road, we were told we could not get into the room until the confirmation hit the hotel's system, and that that could take up to 45 minutes. There was no amount of pleading that could convince the front desk employee on duty to do what was reasonable and release the room key, even though I had proof that I had paid for the room and reserved it through your site. And, yes, I even called booking.com's customer service hotline and had the rep speak to the front desk manager. Whether this helped the situation or not, I can't say. About 35 minutes after I booked the reservation, the hotel finally received the confirmation and we were granted the precious key. In the future, it is very unlikely that I will use booking.com to make a last-minute reservation.

The sheets were clean and the room was large enough for two guests.

• Limited view double room with two double beds

There should be a desk in the Room where you can set up your laptop.. Also a couple of comfortable chairs to sit on would be nice... The Chairs that was provided was wobbly and dangerous

I was very pleased with the Lady at the Reception and the Manager on Duty they were both so accommodating and very nice.. It was so appreciated ..There was a wait for the Room to get ready because of Hurricane Irma but the Staff handled it very professionally.. Even with a lot of angry and frustrated Customers having to wait.. I am very glad we picked that Hotel.. I would stay there anytime!!!

• Upgraded King Room with Balcony

Lack of responsiveness from the staff..overflowing trash by the entrance for 3 days..animal waste in the elevator. NEVER got the pillows I requested.. facility in desperate need of renovation.

It's location and staff

• Limited view double room with two double beds

I was okay with the hotel and cleanliness...Until I went into the restroom and saw a cockroach. Which I killed and could not sleep the rest of the night. It could have been only one. I only saw one but it bother me the rest of the night. I check all the bags when we got home to make sure none hitched a ride with us home.

• Limited view double room with two double beds

A/C unit is very noisy and and the fan does not cycle ON and OFF, just blows warmer or colder air depending on the temp setting.

Convenient location, very friendly and helpful staff

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed mid summer. We found cigars in our family room half smoked and pins on the chairs pointing up. The elevator was out of service. They places us in a room on the 3rd floor with a 2 year old and said use the stairs or take the other elevator 500 yards away. They wouldn't move us room or cancel our reservation. It stank of weed in the parking lot and the front desk wasn't surprised to learn of drug deals going on outside. This place is all hood. Avoid.

• King Room - Disability Access

As I said I am calling the Ramada Plaza corporate people

I need to call the Ramada Plaza people because it was a HORRIBLE experience for the one night that we were there!!!! There were so many things wrong that I will get even more angry posting them so I will just call.....

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room smelled like smoke. Light bulb was out. Telephone was missing front pad for dialing.

Staff was friendly and prompt with service. Food was surprisingly good. Sketchy looking neighborhood. Wouldn't suggest walking alone at night.

• Upgraded King Room with Balcony

well, I found out after staying there a coupe of times. Don't get the bottom floor beside the exist door. I had a visitor around 3am.

The location is perfect.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed was small for a full size. My boyfriend almost fell off because the bed went up on one side like a seesaw. There were spots in the carpet. One of our tv remotes were missing from the room?? Who would take a remote control? The curtains were dirty.

The parking was great. No outside noise which was a plus.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Parking is cumbersome with only one handicap space. THERE WAS NO CLOSET IN THE ROOM - only a rack that came up to my husbands navel. No place to hang anything longer than a shirt!!! No luggage rack. Balcony with NO FURNITURE, not even a chair. Difficulty finding an available electrical outlet. Not what I expected from Ramada and I can't imagine booking a stay at one again.

The bed and the pillows were very comfortable. With the exception of the front desk person who misdirected us to the room, the staff was very efficient and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was nighttime when I arrived and the hotel wasn't easily spotted. Seems to be a big hotel with weddings, conventions, etc. I didn't really feel save having to drive around and enter through the rear of the building after checking in. Even though it was well lit, it was kind of eery since I was alone. It was only for one night and that's about all I want to spend in that hotel. Note that the price does not include breakfast.

Elevator to get to the upper floors. Key cards for the doors. Big rooms.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The front desk check in gave me a complete run around before checking in. He told me one thing but didn't tell me everything. So unfortunately I had to make 2 trips just to stay at the hotel and my husband got frustrated and didn't want to stay anymore. So we got a refund for the deposit but the staff was very friendly and patient.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• King Room with View - Non-Smoking

hot water would have been nice, when we 1st checked in thyr was none. I also don't like how my request for a room on a higher floor was never responded too and ended staying in the bottom floor again.

it was just a normal hotel nothing special about it

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Upgraded King Room with Balcony

Customer service at the front was horrible. The lady didn't have a room for me when I arrived even though I had reservations. I had to wait over a hour and a half to get my room. The lady stated the washer was broken so the laundry had to be taken else where to be laundered. I arrived at 4:45pm finally got a room around 7:pm. I was tired after my long drive and I wasn't offered anything for my inconvenience. I left around 8:30pm to go eat dinner. When I returned I couldn't get into my room. The lady had deactivated my key due to something the was supposed to be left in the room prior to me coming. I had no idea what she was talking about. At that point I had waited for her about 35 minutes to come out and fix my key. She was so not professional and if people like that are employed by Ramada then I'm certain you will get more complaints in the future.

The size and comfort of room.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

There was no free breakfast. They wanted us to pay $6.00 per person to eat. The beds were hard and there was no desk for my daughter to do her homework..

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Was told at check in, maybe I wouldn't be able to get the free airport transfer, but it all worked out and I did get the airport transfer

The room was quite large and had everything I needed. The bed was very comfortable. The morning staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

They state they have what seemed to be a complementary breakfast included in stay, but it's almost 11$ $2.75 for drinks. I don't mind the cost as it was all you can eat and a decent quality of food with options. Even when checking in when I asked they told me the location but did not mention any cost. Was just a bit misleading . also outside of are building the garbage were overflowing with trash for over 24 hrs . no one wants too see that !!!!!!!!!!!!

The room was comfortable and quiet with lots of space .

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

The gentalman at check-out never asked how my stay was. I did inform him my father a disabled vet. Fell going in the bathroom because of the uneven floor that catches you off guard as you enter . I explained that it was dangerous. I didn't ask for a discount, or anything of the sort the room was paid prior. I simply wanted to save someone else from that same accident. He really didn't seem to care which was appalling to me. We will not choose this hotel for our return.

The staff during check in was great.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• King Room with View - Non-Smoking

The cold and hot indicators in the bath and shower were opposite of what they should have been. Cold was hot and visa versa. The room service did not clean our room during the day while we were out nor give us fresh towels nor did they give us fresh cups and more coffee.

The location was great. It was less than five miles to every major attraction we wanted to see. The breakfast was really good but was not included in the stay which made the value not as attractive as other motels for the same price. The gym was open 24 hours a day and has a lot of exercise equipment. The TV entertainment had a lot of variety. It was really quiet. The guest laundry was wonderful and of good value.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

I was passing through while driving to Florida and didn't realize the area was a bit rough, so I was slightly concerned with the safety of my car parked outside while I was here. I had been driving for 11 hours and just wanted to go to bed. The smoke detector in the first room I checked into beeped incessantly, and when I attempted to call the front desk to switch rooms, I discovered the phone didn't work. After calling the front desk on my cell, they were happy to change my room and a valet brought me to the new room so I didn't have to go back to the front desk. Throughout the night, drunk guests shouted in the halls, sang, and loudly slammed doors. They also kept going to their car in the parking lot outside my window and every time they shut the car door, the horn honked. This went on until about 4AM.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The only thing that I didn't like was I got a room overlooking a parking garage.

Everything was great! The staff was lovely and the room was very nice and clean. I'm very glad I stayed here.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was only included for select individuals even though it was a buffet and way overpriced for the rest of us. The buildings weren't very clean and some areas smelled of cigarette smoke.

The rooms were large. The bathtub was massive. The staff were pretty nice, not the best but I wasn't disappointed. There was adequate parking.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

Apart from the main lobby, the property seemed dated. The beds and furniture seemed nice and comfortable, but the bathroom was in need of remodeling. Mildew was growing inside the shower faucet, the light fixture was falling down on the side, and the toilet roll holder seemed loosely placed inside the wall. The shower ran out of hot water in the morning after my son was in it for about ten minutes, so I had to bathe in tepid water. The staff was absolutely incredible, but hardly worth the rate (nearly twice as much as the bargain options nearby).

I checked-in during the middle of the night and the ladies at the front desk were warm, welcoming, and genuinely cared about me. The check-in process lasted less than 10 minutes and concluded with advice on an up-front parking spot that other guests didn't seem to know about. Checkout was also a breeze—I was greeted with a friendly smile, thanked for my business, and back out the door in under a minute.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

I had to call for light bulbs due to there were none in the lamp it took staff to come over an hour Then I learned he was the only person working both sides ridiculous I needed towels I had to request them 3 times waited over an hour on each request and no one showed..I had to leave When I did get towels, I got a bag full yes..I said they left a bag of towels in a plastic bag in my room as well as Never picking up the used towels on the floor...really

Mr.Watson was very nice and helpful

• Limited view double room with two double beds

Loud construction all night, bed were filthy, moldy water in the coffee machines, used condoms underneath mattress, old cups behind bed from previous guests. Had to pay for breakfast!?!?! Most hotels offer complimentary breakfast espcailly with high pricing as such, false advertising for $50 charge upon the visit.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

Broken lamp, broken chair - lack of quality control. Dirty grout in shower. Wallpaper hanging under the bathroom sink. We were not told that we had to pay for breakfast. Every hotel I have stayed at always had breakfast.

Fairly quick service.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

I was given a nonsmoking room that was filled with recent smoke, she then moved me to another room that had a bug in the bed and dirty carprt. The third room had spots everywhere on the floor. I stayed for 2 nights, checked out before the 3rd night. Too afraid to stay any longer. I was told I could not get my money back because I used booking.com.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

One my recommendations I made was that I would arrive early and there was not a room available for me. I needed to curl my hair and there was not suggestions. The hotel was very noisy during the night. The carpets need to be clean as there was moldy smell in the room.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The issue that arose was while me and my friend went to breakfast our room was cleaned very nicely but they took all the wash cloths, towels,and hand towels even the clean ones they left us nothing to use at all to dry our hands I mean nothing. So i called to let front desk know and they stated they would have them bring something which after a 2 hours no one came. We had a very important event we were attending that evening so I called again they stated once again they would let them know. Four more hours passed and it was getting close to time for us to get ready for our event by now I was upset as well as my guest because this has never happened to us before. So for a third time and after 6 hours of waiting my friend called asked what was the problem and said he would come get towels wash clothes and hand towels if everyone was to busy to bring it. Well they stated he could not come get items and they would tell house keeping again. So finally after another 30min and with only a hour left to rush and get ready for our event on time they brought items we were not rude during this whole event and very polite even after 6hours and 30min of going without anything to wash or dry our hands in we weren't offered any compensation not even free breakfast for this mishap which I felt like this has happened before and it has become part of staff normal routine which I hope never have to experience again.

Everyone was polite and room was very clean and secure and I enjoyed my stay although there was one issue that arose.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• King Room with View - Non-Smoking

Mattress....felt like sleeping on rocks. Sheet was thin and worn to the point that there was a hole in it. Housekeeping arrived at 3:30pm. Rudely asked "what do I owe you?" She was referring to the amount of towels she needed to replace. Didn't clean the room. I expected more from Ramada. Worst stay ever.Didn't even look at my request for an upper level room.

Lobby was clean. Pillows were comfy.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Limited view double room with two double beds

The room smelled musty and the air felt very humid. The bedding and carpethad a damp-wet feeling. My son and I both developed allergy/sinus symptoms as a result.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

checked in and sitting in our room and noticed a roach walking up the wall.an hour latter my wife screams when she spots a large brown spider. I reported this to the front desk and they moved us to another room. The carpeting in the hallways is old and worn out. Hotel is in need of a good make over and definitely needs some painting outside.

had a nice little area to walk your pet and they supplied the small doggy bag and a disposal container,hotel was nice and quite

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

I know that the price was a deal, but the value of the room makes one think it would've been better. The windows were long barred windows that to me were prison like. There was no remote in the room. Also, as far as how to pay for the room, I put that I wanted to pay cash. When I checked in they told me I could, they would just need to use my card for a security deposit. When it came time for checkout, they had fully charged my card for the room and the security deposit and the money wouldn't come back to my account until 3-4 days had passed. Therefore I let them keep the payment off of my card so I wouldn't let them hold on to sour much. It just didn't go as I planned it would.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Limited view double room with two double beds

This location is conveniently located near great shopping and is easily accessible. This location has updated rooms and friendly staff. Worth the stay, while in the Fayetteville area.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• King Room with View - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like cigarettes. And we had to wait almost 3 hours for sheets for the sofa bed.

The staff was wonderful. From the lobby to the cleaning lady to the guys cutting the grass.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

After unloading our luggage, we are then told we are in the other part of the hotel, which meant loading the car back up and driving to that location. Area does not seem that nice, was warned by attendant in the gas station not to walk at night!

Hotel is 2 hotels combined into 1. Have washing facilities on site with a pool too. The hotel is clean. The onsite bar is nice although does not open till 5pm. The staff are very nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

The police were summoned twice in the same night. Although their presence should be comforting, it was a little unsettling to witness this type of intervention for two separate incidents. I also had an issue with my reservation, Expedia reserved the wrong date which resulted in a higher rate. Granted, it was less than $20 but I disagree with having to pay for a mistake I didn't make. Had I not driven for close to eight hours I would have stayed elsewhere. I was also allegedly credited $25 which I have not seen any evidence of to date. In the grand scheme this is minimal, but I will be reluctant to use Expedia in the future.

The staff was very accommodating and willing to assist wherever possible.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

Sorry, comments are in opposite box. The front of hotel or office was nice,you are lead to believe that the hotel is on the same style, room could use a upgrade. But thanks for the stay.

Continental breakfast wasn't what it should be, never heard of the way you guys determine who gets it. Totally different from any other hotel, needs improvement.

Elevator down, small beds

I saw some roaches.

• King Room with View - Non-Smoking

Not being clean. Found hair in the bathroom, I am bald. Cookie crumbs on the floor and it smelled like smoke.

Price

• Limited view double room with two double beds

Didn’t have towels, we had to go purchase our own.

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

We were just in for a one night stay and the bed was so comfortable, the bathtub was great, the room was huge and the value was amazing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

I had a pillow case that looked like someones foot print was on it. My friend said her sheets smelled like smoke.

The staff were very nice.

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Lota of smoking in the building and unresponsive staff attention nights and weekends

Nice cleaning staff. They took care of my room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful and friendly

Service was outstanding

Misleading pictures and cleanliness

Need more fruits

• Upgraded King Room with Balcony

That the curtains didn’t close.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

none

I found a bug in my bed

The location and balcony

Cleanlinezd

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

It was dirty and wish I could have slept like a bat hanging from celling.

I liked it when morning arrived so I could check out of the dump.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

Filthy, old, slept with my cloths on!

Place was horrible

price and convenience

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

Rooms were very clean. Cuostomer device was excellent and just an overall great experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

The beds looked inviting, however, they were not comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View - Non-Smoking

The room #144, the bathroom should be updated. The bathtub should be replaced.

The beds were very comfort. I would stay at the Ramada Plaza again.

• Limited view double room with two double beds

The staff wasn't too friendly. Well at least the lady we passed in the hallway.

The location was convenient and it was nice.

Browse Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area traveller photo gallery