Reviews of Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

300 Schermerhorn Street, Boerum Hill, Brooklyn, NY 11217, United States of America

#20 of 63 hotels in Brooklyn

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Exhausting
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The lifts in the valet garage make terrible noise and were adjacent to our room, I asked to be moved, the noise was unpredictable and woke my youngest child three times between 1am-7am resulting in little sleep for mommy and kiddo with a LONNG drive home. They offered me use of the pool... which was included and not helpful at all!!

Bed was comfortable, hotel was clean, staff was friendly, location was perfect for our needs

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

3.5
    Frustrating at times
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy road works and construction next door, guests we not compensated for the dlscomfort , the laundry was shared with hotel staff, the machines were filthy.

Location was perfect

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

New York Marathon - Brooklyn Rocked
    • King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

The room was smaller than what pictures/photos depicted. We upgraded to a King room with City View so not sure how small a standard room would of faired! Just an English thing - tea in your room is fantastic but generally we like our tea with milk which is not provided!

The bar and restaurant was fantastic, great evening staff and superb food. Our room was clean, tidy and comfortable. The house cleaning team soon realised we were English and left us extra tea pods rather than coffee pods.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Horrible.

The place was DIRTY there was "hair is bath tub hair in sink and hair in bed YUCK! Front staff was friendly . We were glad just to get out of there in morning.

We did not like anything.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

under expectation
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

door card didn't work 3 times! receipts excused the card was closed to magnet or mobile, factual proofs it's not! and the room was not cleaned in one day!

location is fine, subways are nearby.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Three nights in Brooklyn

Stayed on the second floor and I could hear a rumbling sound every few minutes.

Comfortable, close to City Point, and Junior's. Walking distance to many shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Very poor customer service
    • King Room with River View - Non-Smoking

Very poor customer service. Only one lift working on arrival. Another guest tried to enter our room as they’d been given the same room number. Toilet constantly running. Fridge defrosted and soaked the carpet. Promised a breakfast package for duration of our stay but was then charged on checkout. Very disappointed

Comfortable bed. Good location

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

We had a ball. Really enjoyed NY and the people were very kind and professional.

1)We had a little trouble with a maid. We knew that it may not be the same person each day so we still tipped each day but we had to write notes in order to get four towels, four cups etc.. and one day the beds weren't even fully made and trash not emptied. Other days it was excellent! 2) the ice machine on the 14th floor didn't work until the last day of our stay and 3) the female waiter in the restaurant seemed not to know English well enough to get the order right. Not serious mistakes, she just didn't seem to understand. The male waiter was good.

We were upgraded to a room with an amazing view!!!! The subway was nearby (though it's a pretty dirty one) and when we used Uber they were on time and professional. The hotel staff were very helpful with directions and suggestions and they stowed our luggage for us since we arrived early and also on departure so we could play a few hours before heading to the airport. On check out there was a problem with the booking.com program (I think its been resolved but my reservation was really old) but Destiny and Assata worked until they got it right. In the meantime we were given a complementary breakfast while we waited which was wonderful since we were starving!

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Comfortable, & a good location to get to the city by metro.
    • King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

My room 1415 was noisy. There seemed to be some aircon unit (Roof??) which ran constantly through the night and even when closed, the noise through the windows from the street was excessive.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Would stay here again as ideal location.

Breakfast served in restaurant was cold & we had to complain, staff very apologetic & only charged for 3 of us instead of 6 of us. Didn’t use restaurant again😢

Comfortable bed & plump pillows.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Very nice hotel, good location and good service, veyr good...
    • King Room with River View - Non-Smoking

Wifi the first night didnt work and also I got a river view room but I really couldnt see the river at all.

Very nice hotel, good location and good service, veyr good option.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

The location is very good and and near several good places downtown.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very expensive, at least the hotel should provide a working refrigerator and a microwave.

The night check in person was very patient and professional. I had a problem with online booking, and he fixed everything although I was ver upset because it was extremely late. He remained professional at all times.. He displayed the definition of customer service.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Good.

Noisy tiny rooms.

This hotel has an excellent location, great staff and the rooms are comfortable. However, they were pretty noisy at night. The cleanliness was a 3/5. I would love to return if they improved these things.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Room is fine.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

I noticed they have charged more than my total bill. They have debited USD 150 without informed me any reason.

Room is fine. They provide me extra 2 hours to stay that room.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

A quality hotel which is a viable option to Manhattan.
    • King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

The elevators were slow and one broke down on two occasions.

The bed was extra comfortable. Several subway lines were accessible from two nearby stations. A short walk to shopping in Downtown Brooklyn; Williamsburg nearby by bus and subway.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

Overall good stay, far from city though; plan accordingly
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff woman was not friendly at check in. Confusing process for breakfast even though breakfast was included in my room package. They should have a breakfast tag or a way to include that on the room key where you can swipe and they know that you've signed up for breakfast. Steam room wasn't working and needs to be fixed. The pool hours need to be increased (perhaps 6-10 in the morning and evening?). There should be firmer pillows in the room, mine was like a marshmallow.

The spa, pool and sauna facilities were excellent; I'm really glad you had them and they should be a part of every Holiday Inn / IHG facility. Breakfast was tasty and with good options; one suggestion would be to add veggies (like Bell peppers, tomatoes etc) to the hash browns. Room was overall nice and comfortable. They had an ironing board and iron in the room which was very helpful. Tea and coffee options were good. One suggestion could be to keep a free milk bottle in the fridge to use (rather than the artificial creamers).

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Convenient to Mark Morris Dance Center where I was attending...
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Portions were tiny and too expensive for what they were. E.G.:Ravioli Main only 4 ravioli ! Also many things not available from what was a limited menu. The restaurant ‘manager/supervisor’ was mainly on the telephone and abrupt. Luckily for him the waiting staff more than made up for his lack of professionalism and abruptness. Not enough light in the room even with all lights on - very gloomy.

Convenient to Mark Morris Dance Center where I was attending a course. The staff were helpful and cheerful.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

O.K
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was a tiny corner room above the street It was noisy during the night and very short of space for two adults Definitely a single room

Complimentary coffee in lobby Sitting area around the lobby

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

We were beyond underwhelmed, regretted not spending a few dollars more to stay in a nicer hotel.

Our room was crowded, clearly not designed for 2 beds. One of the beds was jammed up against the giant AC unit on the floor. There were no lights other than reading lights in our room, so it was very dark, even during the day. We requested a light to be brought into our room, which they said they would do, but never did. We never had our room made up. We requested maid service and they housekeeping staff made a face at us, and offered extra towels. They didn't collect the used towels though, so by the end of our 5 day stay we had 10 towels in the room.

The hotel is very convenient to the Hoyt Shermerhorn subway stop.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Fine for a night but not worth original high price
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

- I had to change rooms 3 times for a 1-night stay- first because staff was not informed correctly about when the room was cleaned and -second-because the engineer did not come to fix the A/C late at night when I called (they said he was busy and would be there soon, and instead he went home for the night and no one informed me) and the night staff was not sure how to work the A/C so they couldn’t really help. - One of the reasons I picked this hotel was because they had guest laundry. Housekeeping was using the guest laundry for a giant pile of guestroom sheets and blankets when I arrived and I had to convince the junior front desk attendant that those units are for guests to use. At first, she said she would let me know when they were done, which could have been hours if I didn’t tell her that that made no sense. It just seemed like staff, even though they were nice, did not know what they were doing around normal hotel operations and were not communicating effectively.

Great location near trains

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Pleasantly surprised.
    • King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

Would have appreciated a continental breakfast included for the hefty price.

Having recently stayed at a Hilton that did not offer complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning, we were ecstatic to see not only coffee, but also real milk or cream or half and half choices. For a tiny NYC room, it was extremely comfortable and the space was well-used. they used every inch. Nice fridge, shower, bed, ample pillows. Surprisingly nice. Holiday Inn my overtake Hilton in my choices. Also, the parking garage/valet service was exception. We got burned by Manhattan Hilton's valet a few months ago.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Not worth it
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Nobody at this hotel has proper concierge manners. The front desk staff is young and rush you during check in or if you have any questions in general. There was always an attitude each time I spoke to one of the female employees. They only care about taking your money ! The parking is overpriced $45 a night is ridiculous. It’s only Brooklyn and only a holiday INN. I would have stayed at the hotel across the street.

I really wanted to like this hotel. The best part was the heated pool and hot tub. The bed was also very comfortable and seemed to be clean.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Eh
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t realize how thin the walls were. People leaving their hotels on the floor sounded like someone was coming into my room. I also was next to the stair exit which kept getting opened and woke up me a few times

I was there for only a night so I didn’t expect much

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Excellent facilities
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The mornings was a little noisy, especially coming from the constructions to the buildings next door.

Everything about the hotel was excellent. I will definitely recommend staying at Holiday Inn

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Great place to stay. Highly recommend

The lights in our room had a short... randomly would not come on and then all of a sudden would come in. Both the desk lamp and the lights as you enter were a problem. We were so busy I forgot to mention it to the staff.

Beds we’re suoer comfortable. Room was well organized. NYC rooms are small but this one seemed spacious because of the great design. Loved the valet parking with unlimited in and out. We often were late getting out of our room and the staff always made sure our room was clean and we had a new supply of towels The morning waiter in the adjoining restaurant was our favorite! He was so pleasant and made our travels enjoyable!

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Best hotel ever in downtown brooklyn
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect. There was nothing to not like

The staff ar the front desk were friendly. They answered all my questions. The rooms are spaced. They got a crib available for my son .

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

I would stay again. Pleasant staff, AWESOME location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with City View- Non-Smoking

I wasn't pleased about the see through shower. I requested extra towels and no one ever came up until a 2nd request. The chairs in the lobby need to be shampooed and the computer printer was out of toner.

Location, on-site restaurant, clean room, pool, nice staff, cool room

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Very nice hotel and yes I’ll be coming back
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like like that the space was very narrow for our wheelchairs to move around

I like that my partner and I was able to get an accessible bathroom and room that was very close to the elevator

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

great rip
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Easy to check in and out staff very nice i got an upgrade to my room and the pool and hot tub was amazing. also enjoyed my time in Brooklyn with friends and loved ones. will definitely book here again and again

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

It was very convinient, despite the little mishaps, especially being close by the Barclays Center.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Checking in should have been a little easier because they had a hard time finding me in the system. One of the elevators was always out of service.

The bed was comfortable. The fridge was very convenient. The bathroom was very clean and also useful. The room was a good size, especially with the closet being a big size.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Clean comfortable rooms.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

—Check in Staff wasn’t friendly. Very disappointing after a long drive. —Lobby cafe breakfast food was overpriced and pretty much self service because waitstaff wasn’t attentive. Cold breakfast buffet at 10am. Terrible coffee. —Had to keep asking for extra Keurig coffee pods for my room. Only 2 provided. —Dirty towels left in our rooms! —Valet parking for $45 was ridiculous! I should have parked down the street for half the price. Remote control broke on last day.

Clean comfortable rooms. Nice lobby atmosphere

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

A great stay.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Some things in our room were not working which was annoying

The staff is nice and the facility is very nice. We were upgraded to the penthouse and we found it much nicer then expected

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Average over all
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness. Carpet in my room felt greasy under bare foot. Made one feel the room was dirty. Door hinges on cupboard not holding so door hung skew. Not really a train smash but also not right. Uncollected food trays in the hall from mid evening to next morning stinking the corridor. Otherwise it was clean. Did not like that the pool closed at 10 and only opened at 7. I did not see if the times were advertised online, but if not, they really should so people know. One of the reasons I booked here was for the pool. At least at the airport hotel where I stayed the pools was open 24/7 at own risk.

Location was good, I think. Too short a stay to say.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Good choice for mid-range hotel.

No free breakfast. Our feet went over the end of the beds and we're not tall! Shower head wouldn't move, it sprayed almost straight across the tub. Not enough places to hang wet towels.

Clean, updated. Staff friendly. Good choice for mid-range hotel. Convenient to subway. Lots of nearby food options, also a drug store. Pool and hot tub were nice.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

I think that for the price i paid, the staff should be more...

I think that for the price i paid, the staff should be more helpful and more friendly At the end of the day the guests that stay in this hotel pay for their checks.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

Everything else is just perfect

The matress is smaller than the bed it self which make the bed wooden edges exposed and cause danger by hitting you leg..

Everything else is just perfect

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

I will definitely book at the Holiday Inn-Brooklyn on my next trip to New York.

Actually, I got my money's worth and have no complaints.

The beds and pillows were to die for! You will absolutely enjoy your sleep time. Having the pool available was fantastic! They also have a steam room and sauna for your convenience. One of their extras is having a laundromat on the premises available for guests to use. The staff was friendly and the manager was able to straighten out a billing error BEFORE I checked out.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Clueless
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

What I didnt like was one of the gentleman who worked the front desk when asked a question seemed to not know what hes doing. Also the property wanted a deposit for incidentals which is ok but was told it could take days to b put back in my account. They wanted it at check in my money but when i wanted it back they dont care how long it takes . The gentleman had no idea , he even said it can take up to a month to get it back. That's bad business practices.

When I checked it the woman that checked me in was clear and informative, had knowledge of her job and was very helpful.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Great location, comfortable room
    • King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

Room for improvement on cleaning: hair not mine on floor of bathroom; bath rug removed and not replaced for a day; haphazard refills of toilet paper, tissues, soap, and paper coffee cups in room.

Location great - close to multiple subway lines, very comfortable room with shower instead of tub, very friendly and helpful staff, very good restaurant, free washing machines and dryers.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Great except for the food and roomservice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

the room service was horrible, the food , the delivery and the prices. I had to go down twice, the food was delivered without napkins or condiments, or even water glasses.

staff was amazing

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

An OK Place for an Overnight Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

The room was really small. I wouldn't have wanted to stay there more than 1 night. I had spent extra to have "river view." I anticipated that would mean a view of the Brooklyn Bridge. When I investigated, it meant I got a view of the Veranzano Bridge. The staff was nice enough to put us on the 9th floor so we could see the top of the Brooklyn Bridge in the distance. But it's not worth paying extra for.

Being from out-of-state I find the subway system confusing. The reception desk staff was very helpful about printing out directions to get to a restaurant I wanted to try as well as providing computer-generated directions to the Brooklyn Bridge, the Brooklyn Museum, and from the Museum to Grand Central.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Convenient, easy access to shopping and transportation.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

I felt that the staff at reception were quite disengaged - they did what they had to in terms of checking us in and out but not much else. We had just come from elsewhere in the USA where the service orientation was near perfect. It would have been nice to get the same at Holiday Inn.

The location was good as it was fairly central. There was a subway station fairly close to the hotel and the hotel is close to shopping malls/centres. We enjoyed the fact that the location was safe.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

The stay was lovely, staff is nice and location is great.
    • King Room with River View - Non-Smoking

I was told that I would get points after my stay and they have not issued my points towards my IHG rewards

This location is close to travel to manhattan, you can walk to local stores and easy to get into DUMBO and Williamsburg

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

I live across the street from the hotel and the Boerum Hill...
    • King Room with River View - Non-Smoking

I live across the street from the hotel and the Boerum Hill location is super convenient, and a moderately priced option when I put my guests up who come to visit. It’s a great 3 Star option.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Staff friendly, atmosphere wonderful, and right around the corner from Brooklyn Tabernacle church
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

My toilet overflowed and wasn't flushing properly when I first got there. The faucet on the sink was loose too. However maintenance came up right away and fixed the problems

The lounging area was comfortable, relaxing and well decorated

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

Some of the staff could've been more friendly, I don't expect to be treated like a king. Just being more corteous and friendly gives a great impression.

Convinient location, close to everything.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

The room was clean and modern.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't sleep because there were people on the hallway making noise all night and slamming their door every time they opened or closed it and that happened all night.

The room was clean and modern. I also like the restaurant

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

great location, but older property in need of updating
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

room service was very poor, i had an old menu in my room which i had no idea was old, the person taking my order was very rude and took some convincing to bring me a new menu to order from, over priced and bad quality food. tap in the bathroom was broken and the AC was very loud

location was great

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Very Provided a great, safe reasonable home base for forays into Manhattan.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

Kind of expensive for the location, though it is an up and coming area. Advertised price nowhere near final price after taxes, fees, etc.

Clean rooms, extremely professional staff, very knowledgeable and resourceful. Good amenities and close to train line.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

The staff were friendly and they were cooperative.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small and I didn’t find out about $45 parking fee until I arrived. My car sat in the street, double parked for 30 minutes with the hazard light flashing before the valet parked my car. There were no carts available to transport my bags to my room. There were no microwaves in the room and the one microwave they had for use was in a storage closet with pipes and boxes to stock the convenience shop snacks.

The staff were friendly and they were cooperative.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

The staff was very friendly and the bed was quite...
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The room on the third floor was a tad loud from the street. The AC was very loud.

The staff was very friendly and the bed was quite comfortable. Super close to subway and into manhattan in 15-20 Min.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

In Brooklyn for a funeral, but enjoyed the hotel so much I would have liked to have extended my stay
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Not the hotel's fault, but a lot of construction is taking place around the hotel. Downtown Brooklyn is always congested with regard to traffic, but again, that is not the hotel's fault. So, I really have nothing negative to say about the hotel at all.

One of the features that was particularly appreciated was the parking. I have stayed in hotels in Brooklyn and Manhattan and I've had to pay $65/night for parking (and if you exited the parking area you would have to pay $65 again!). The room was reassuringly clean, The two beds were comfortable and large enough to accommodate four people easily. Staff was stellar, as was the location.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Would definitely stay there again!

I forgot to show my Hilton honors card, it would be nice if the desk asked if I had one as a courtesy.

The facilities were newer than I expected, bathroom was clean. Staff was nice. Super close to the subway, less than half a block. 10 minutes to City Point Mall.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Great place to stay and close to all local shops, subway entrance and restaurants.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

If breakfast had been included in the room rate, that would have been a real winner!

We liked the exercise room, the pool and hot tub and the staff were very helpful and kind. We also liked there was someone always available to under questions we had.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Good stay and would definitely return.
    • King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

We were upgraded to a ‘suite’ on arrival which was great as it was a bigger room but with no view (which we accepted). Room was clean but felt like it could have done with a bit of upgrading. Slight issue in that there were workmen working directly opposite our room (which we weren’t told about) so we had to keep the curtains closed the whole time.

Good hotel in a good location that’s makes it easy to use as a base to explore Manhattan and Brooklyn. Rooms were clean and staff were very helpful and really friendly.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Comfortable bed.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

No counter space in the bathroom. Dim lighting. Engineer said he would replace bulb in bathroom and then didn't. Doors were really loud opening in the hall--enough to wake one up.

Comfortable bed. Central location near A and C subway. Walking distance to restaurants, bars, grocery store, Rite Aid. Mini fridge and Keurig coffee maker in room. Nice, airy lobby area. Nice and helpful housekeeping staff. Lots of electrical outlets and fast Wi-Fi. Computer with printer in lobby in order to print a boarding pass.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Good option in Brooklyn

The room's furniture was in bad condition.The room's furniture was in bad condition and barely enough for all our clothes (4 people there would be a nightmare). The soundproofing of the room is very poor and the construction noises a constant. The value is a bit high comparing to other options in the area.

Being in Brooklyn, the location is very good. Very close to supermarkets and 2 stations (DeKalb Avenue and Hoyt - Schermerhorn) is very easy to get in Manhattan quickly. Late night the surroundings can be shady, but never felt insecure. The room was good with several amenities (bath amenities, ironing, coffe machine, fridge, big tv with 50+ channels, etc.) and the size was ok for 3 adults. Friendly and helpful staff, free luggage storage and the quick checkout was also a plus.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Will NOT come back!

Poor maintenance. High prices for hotel and restaurant. Weird cafe menu - ordered pizza instead. Rooms not made up by 5pm - unacceptable but no one seemed to care and maid staff absolutely did not care.

Not much

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

ok. location, view and bed comfort were the positive points.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

the hotel persistently invites guests not to ask for room cleaning, and when we did ask for it, it was not done properly, no vacuum cleaning, no dusting. but the cleaning staff threw away a couple of personal items they had no business touching. the hotel asked for a deposit besides charging the room rates, but the deposit is to be released a few days after the guest leaves. i find this strange and incorrect. if the hotel decides not to refund the guarantee, for some reason, how can I, from afar, settle the matter? waste my time on emails and phones? it never happened to me before. and i will ask from now on. if such deposit is asked, i will not take that hotel.

the room was spatious enough, the bed very comfy. complimentary coffee was welcomed, it was quiet and i had a nice view. location is great, plenty of shops, restaurants, subways near by, the neighbourhood is nice to walk around.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Nice modern room with heated pool and hot tub

Room was kind of small

Really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Our room was nice and looked new or newly renovated in a modern style. The lighting was good. We had a big window with a nice view. The hotel staff were very helpful. The building is close to subway stations, stores and restaurants. My daughters apartment is nearby so I am planning to stay here again next time I visit her.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Nice!

The location is good and closes to numbers of subway stations! There are a few nice cafe and supermarket nearby, which are quite convenient. The staff was also helpful to use the washing machine while in the midnight.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Very good stay in Brooklyn (good location and very good bed)
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

We had some problems with the reservation and credit card and the staff was rather unhelpful giving us a first bad impression. After 24h we managed to solve the issue and everything went very smooth afterwards.

The room was spacious, the bed was big and very confortable, very clean, fast internet and location near 2 subway stations with lots of handy convenience stores, a mall and places to eat 24/7.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

High quality mid-range hotel in a very accessible location
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Negatives: neither of these would influence our decision to stay here again – but the lifts are slow, and the air conditioning a little loud.

Positives: The hotel is excellent quality for the price (as we discovered – everywhere in New York is quite pricey). The furnishings felt good quality and in good condition. For an extended stay (we stayed for 10 days) the gym, pool, and self-service washing facilities were very handy. The location was excellent; not too far from the airport and easily walkable to several subway stations taking you into Manhattan in <30 mins. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

A great location for our needs in a brand new hotel!
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

I think the front desk clerks could have been friendlier, smiling more and being warm. They were okay, but not very friendly or welcoming when we arrived.

The king size bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was convenient and pristine-clean! We enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi one evening as well. We appreciated how warm - not too warm - the pool water was. This was a treat to enjoy the pool after walking all over Brooklyn and NYC for a couple of days.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

This hotel is really gorgeous throughout everywhere on the...
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

I am 100% telling the truth when I tell you I don’t have a complaint about anything

This hotel is really gorgeous throughout everywhere on the inside. I love that the rooms are spacious and really clean. Probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Nice one night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

The pool is not available for guest, since it’s rented out for swimming classes, for community kids. Great cause, but for families like my self who made the choice to stay at hotel because it had a pool was a real let down.

Great place! Love the area.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

For the most part the staff was accommodating
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that we as guest had to pay for parking every night that we were there... Actually it was expensive

For the most part the staff was accommodating

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Convenient location in Brooklyn
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

My only criticism is that in the bathroom there are no shelves to place personal stuff.

The staff at the reception desk were very helpful and directed me to where I could buy some children's presents. The next morning they ordered me a taxi for JFK - the driver was very polite and a good driver. The hotel room was clean. The bed VERY comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

The location, cleanliness, and staff were wonderful

When I checked in they told me not to worry about my car that they would take care of it so I went to my room. When I came down an hour later my car was still running in idle with the keys in it sitting out front. When I asked about it, they said there was a miscommunication between the person who told me to leave it and who checked me in. Also, I was charged extra money than what I was guaranteed online, it was corrected and I was given complementary breakfast (which was not worth what they were charging anyway), but it was upsetting. The pool area was also not available until 7:00 pm because they had private swim lessons, and I couldn’t use it after 7:00. The main reason I choose your hotel was for the pool and sauna and no one told me it was unavailable until I showed up there in my swimsuit.

The location, cleanliness, and staff were wonderful

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Good accommodation, comfortable nights' sleep, pleasant and helpful staff. We would come again.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Would have preferred a kettle in the room rather than the limited sachets. The restaurant wasn't open in the evening during our stay which was unfortunate - it opened the day we left.

Really comfortable beds. Staff always helpful and pleasant. Bar manager was very engaging - good for the hotel. We were able to leave cases safely with you when we went upstate for weekend - Thank you.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Clean, modern and great location
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Steam room wasn't working - pool attendant was not even looking at anyone in pool area and had a giant dirty pile of towels that we had to ask for clean ones that he threw maybe four on the counter, left the pile of dirty towels and left the rest of the bag of clean ones thrown in the hallway by sauna.

Clean, modern and great location

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Did not disappoint.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with City View- Non-Smoking

One of the reasons why we choose this hotel was because of the pool. The hours that the pool is open was extremely inconvenient. We We're only able to use the pool once.

Delmar at the front desk was very helpful. Everyone from the front desk to the random staff person that I would run into was very kind and greeted us with a friendly hello.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Probably would not stay there again.
    • King Room with River View - Non-Smoking

Room was not available until 1 hour after check-in. Major inconvenience, as I had actually requested early check-in. Ended up waiting over 2 hours from the time of my arrival. Limited hours for sauna and Jacuzzi. Wasn't able to use.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

I enjoyed my stay, because the location was very convenient for me, and the price was ok.
    • King Room with River View - Non-Smoking

I could not believe that a 14 story hotel would have only 2 elevators, and one of them was out of order for 2 days, one could wait 30 minutes in line to get up to his/her room, especially during check-out times it was a mess. First time I see a HI with so poor management.

Lobby was spacious and really nice. Some of the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

My Stay At Holiday Inn Bk
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Only thing that was disappointing is some noise of someone kept slamming either there hotel room door, or slamming the exit door to emergency exit.

Very nice staff, I loved it there I will definitely stay again soon. Jus alil exspensive. But other then that very good overall hotel. I highly recommend it.