Reviews of Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort 4 stars

8505 West Irlo Bronson Memorial, Kissimmee, FL 34747, USA

#36 of 235 hotels in Kissimmee

Based on 1966 hotel reviews

more times

it great for family with kids even with your spouse. great location friendly staff my kids didn't want to leave. if we ever want to stay in Orlando again will definitely stay there .

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

You have to pay to do things like, putt putt golf, golf, inner tubes, rock climbing,. So everything there was an extra charge. On top of that we didn't have wash rags in our room. Talk to many people about this and all the way to the end still didn't have wash rags.. the whole place is going to try to sell you on buying their product. Which is a timeshare.

Try to stay gone and do other things.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Huse keeping never came to my villa to tske the trash out or to pit more toiletry.

Everything else, from friendly staff, fast service and lots of entertainment for the whole family. Live music was awesome. So much to do 3 days was not enogh time, our next trip we will be srying longer.

The long meeting with the timeshare people. Too pushy and not pleasant once they realize you're not interest in buying😠

The studio was very nice and close to everything❤ loved the lazy ride and the legency restaurant. Mark was amazing! No reason to leave the property. We where caught off guard when we ask for clean towels. They wanted to charge us😕 we didn't know that we had to wash the ones we had down the hall. Over all nice, fun and relaxing time

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

I have no problem with the facility and the employees at all. however, I want to let people know who read this review that there are biting flies… Yellow flies to be exact. I was bitten several times while having dinner by the lazy river at the restaurant… These flies leave very large welts that show up a couple of days later and cause severe allergic itching at the bite sight. I understand that this is not the hotels fault, again, I just wanted people to be aware so that you could take precaution and use mosquito repellent/bug repellent if you were going to be sitting outside… These grounds are very lush and a wonderful home for all kinds of insects.

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

Beds uncomfortable, no black out curtains so as soon as the sun came up we were up, more people needed for food and drink service at the pool areas

Nice pools,lazy river

• Three-Bedroom Villa

Parking was terrible. They called my room several times for me to do a tour for a timeshare. They even called early in the morning until we answered. This was very annoying!

Our Villa was amazing.

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

The carts should be made larger in order not for guest to keep them in their rooms overnight!!! I also thought i booked with a view of the lazy river from room which turned out to be not true.

The pool area

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

had an unexpected encounter with the security guard, where I was ask where I was staying when the parking entry was visible to see, i was ask my room number and name something i never experience at this resort. was very disappointed with that.

love the lazy river kids did not want to leave.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

The villa could have been cleaner: the kitchen floor was a bit sticky when we arrived and there were some tiny bugs living in the cooker. As it is essentially a timeshare property, in exchange for discounts on attraction tickets, we were requested to participate on a sales tour. It is still an excellent property, this just belongs to the full picture.

Excellent location, any attraction we visited in Orlando was less than half an hour drive. The two-bedroom villa we rented was very spacious, comfortable. The grounds are beautifully maintained, and there are numerous activities you can choose from when staying on the resort during dayime. There is also some wildlife on the resort: squirrels, small green frogs, big birds. Minigolf was big, we did not try the 'normal' golf. Staff were very helpful and friendly, food was good in the poolside restaurant and huge portions. There is a Walgreen just outside the resort, it was very easy to stock up on drinks and food if needed. The pool was clean and sufficient space during daytime and also in the evenings. There was also a small shop for everyday needs and gifts on-site. We loved it, would book it again any time.

All was wonderful!

It was great! We had a 3 bedroom villa...had 5 adults and 5 children, and were very comfortable! The amenities at the resort were even better than when we stayed years ago...and that is really a testament as it was wonderful back then, and even though the resort has grown and developed, we were still treated as their only guests! We will return!

The aggressive nature of staff to sell time shares.

Room was fantastic and comfortable but no natural light and they did not Service our room in 3 days and 2 nights.

• One-Bedroom Villa

The Bathroom wasn't clean, the light fixture in the bathroom was broken. They charge for additional towels, but they do offer detergent to wash them yourself. Room service took almost 2 hours to get us more shampoo, and the bar soap was opened in the packaging.

The room was spacious they had extra pillows and blankets.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Our room was very musty. While it was quite big, all rooms had a musty odor and lingered with us when we left. Checkout at 10 made it difficult to enjoy our last day

Plenty of active things to do, Publix and Walgreens nearby, tons of nightly activities to entertain the entire family

• Standard Room

so i made my appointment for the tour. i woke up early to make it there my appointment was for 7:45am i cancel it because i waited to long let alone having to wake up early on my vacation to do this tour. the lady wanted to get the manager but by that time i was upset she went to get him i got tired of waiting so i left. word of advice if you set a appointment meet that appointment that's what i hate the most when someone has a appointment shouldn't have to wait more than 5 minute's but i waited for 30 minute's. so word of advice if you stay there i would skip that tour don't do it it take's over 90 minutes and all they do is try to put you in a time share. and they need a bar that stays open until 2am and maybe the arcade can stay open a hour later. that would be nice.

It was a rough start of a vacation, but not by the hotel. Alex from breeze's heard what happen to us at Disney. my kids stuff i bought them got stolen, and he teamed up with someone at the hotel and brought my kids a bunch of toys and i think that was awesome of them they didn't have to do that. Chad at breeze's is awesome bartender. he knew I've been drinking and i needed diapers he went out of his way to take me to wal-greens. best staff that I've had in all my vacations. that's the place i will always stay at when I'm in the area. o yeah i can't forget about AJ at valet parking goes through the extreme to make sure your taking care of.

Big distance (4 kilometers, 2,5 miles) between hotel room and breakfast location, without any knowledge about this when I booked. Room was dark, in a kind of basement Room was difficult to find, nobody accompanied us after complaining about this, just another explanation about how to get to the room

The holiday park with several villages looks nice and green, with nice swimming pools

Only one elevator available and Room was on opposite side. And having to go through time share presentation (90 mins Or longer)

Lazy river and Tiki bars

• Standard Room

Washing our own sheets and towels. The lazy River was disappointing because the water didn't flow. And the water came down on our heads too hard for small children and me. They should turn off one end so you could float under without water in your face if you don't want it to. The staff pushed too hard to make you feel bad for taking up their time if you didn't buy a time share. Way too much pressure. Had to say No to 3 different guys.

Room was pretty. Beautiful view.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Inability to use cash on the resort. Required to pay with Credit card or room charge. Extra charges for: lazy river floats.

Quick check in. Assorted activities. Multiple pools. Lovely well equipped room. Courteous, friendly staff. In resort shuttle bus with terrific drivers.

• One-Bedroom Villa

Breakfast isn't free and it's overpriced. Always bring your own liquor. You only get room service if you stay 10 days or more. When you check in be prepared to wait 1 hour just to get to the front desk clerk. Some employees will ask you about a timeshare program, only do it if you have hours to waste on your vacation, they will try to offer free gifts to sell you property on site. Oh and Disney World was a waste too many people and wait time over an hour to 90 mins for each ride. I suggest getting a fast past. ** Please don't eat at Disney World the food is under cook and wayyyyy over price. I paid 35$ for 2 hot dogs and fries. Lol Never Again

The pools were cool, room had plenty of space and came with kitchen appliances.

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

The time share sales people at this resort were brutal - NO MEANS NO isn't in their vocabulary! When we asked for a day to think about committing to a $20K+ USD investment the manager walked away and left us sitting there. It wasn't until the agent went to find out what was going on we were told "he had closed the file" ie. no time to think.....I was really disappointed in the way we were "handled". After 3 hours of listening to their speal it was a do or die proposition.

The resort pays attention to detail. Our dishwasher decided to breakdown on day 2 of our stay and the maintenance staff were there within minutes and the dishwasher was replaced in an hour. Each and every time we asked for help or services our request was met and we had a phone call a few minutes later to make sure everything was good. We had a night in the middle of the stay we had to accommodate due to unit changes and the reservation staff were amazing - they found a unit that was available so we didn't have to change locations and we didn't have to wait til 4pm to move in. Overall this is a great family resort!

• Two-Bedroom Villa

They do not clean viall and you need to clean ur viall and u need to wach your towels and clean toilet!! I came to relax and have a good time with my family not to spend my time to clean and I paid for it

Location and pools

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

The lack of USB charging ports in the rooms. Most hotels have a charging port in the base of the bedside lamps. Since that is what we are accustomed to we did not bring our wall plug.

The beautiful scenery, overall layout, cleanliness and the food was very good!

We did only get 1 room cleaning service in the entire 12 day stay. My expectations when staying in a hotel is daily room cleaning otherwise I would use air BnB. We ran out of toilet paper and it took 2 days for them to deliver more. This resorts focus is too get u to buy timeshare thus bookings.com should maybe filter this out as people book through your site for accomodation for their holiday.

Carpet and smell. More direction regarding the facilities and all the amenities. Some things were hard to find, but abit of instruction would help.

People friendly.

Sending us over from the checkin desk to the desk for parking pass and trying to pressure us into getting a tour for a time share had already read the review knew they would do it and said no right away just wanted to relax with my kids

The room was very nice,pool was very nice

• Two-Bedroom Villa

The air conditioning didnt work one of the two nights..and they didn't offer anything for our troubles..especially for $250 a night

Beautiful facilities

The staff could use better training at some of the restaurants, we waited at the host station for quite a while, without being assisted, even though a member of the wait staff looked and saw us waiting. Leaving there to go to another restaurant, we encountered a server with a lackadaisical attitude toward serving us.

The property was beautiful. It felt like an island vacation. But the staff could use better training at some of the restaurants. Check in was delightful! Ask for Monica!

What I didn't like was that I am on vacation and I have to clean my own room and do my own laundry to be able to have clean towels to shower for 4 days and a family of 4. They only do complimentary housekeeping if you stay than 6 to 10 days, I cant remember exactly.

I liked the pools and location.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

The room smell like it was close up for a long time. And when we check out everything smell like the room.. recommend some type of plug in

Everything great amenities

• Standard Room

Doesn't provide fresh towels and toiletries and Don't clean up the rooms every day unless you stay above 10 days. The breakfast is same every day, no variety and change of menu. There is scheduled free shuttle and it takes minimum of 10 minutes and maximum of 30 to get to the breakfast restaurant if you are staying in the registration building so you need at least couple hours to have bf.

The property is huge.. too much to explore, the river island and splash lagoon will keep your kids busy (minimum height 48 inches to enter the slides)

Waiting for the shuttle

More food delivery service! With small children and late dinner it became a problem. Lol probably because we didn’t want to get out of the pool!😍

• Standard Room

The only thing I had a problem with was our bed wasn't too comfortable, but it wasn't a big deal.

Our room was really nice. Full kitchen , spacious livingroom and washer and dryer. The property was really nice. The pools were really clean and the lazy river was really fun. All around very nice resort me and my wife had a great time celebrating our 1yr anniversary. Definitely planning on going back soon.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

One of your staff members thought it would be a good idea to stay for an after party when he got off work on site then at 3am enter my room with our 3 kids and assault me while I was sleeping.

Pool

• Two-Bedroom Villa

There is no automatic hotel service for the rooms, so beds are not done. The restaurants are much too simple the same for breakfast. The food for dinner was good. The worst thing is the aggressive marketing for their programe to become a member and buy a stake. When checking in you do not get out, without comitting to go to a presentation. They tell you intentinally wrong information for ticket prices for disney ( cheaper to get it on- line. Even on the presentation they try you to buy immediately without seeing a contract and giving you time to evaluate. It is not a complaint about the employees there but about the management which drives this company. I will never go again and can not recommend it.

The rooms of the appartment are big and there is sufficient space and clean.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Love it!! The only thing that would have been nicer if they wouldn’t send you to a sales representative when you’re checking in. But the Villa was beautiful and very clean!

• Two-Bedroom Villa

The miniature golf course could use an upgrade. It is too expensive for what you get! I don't like that the tubes, etc are extra.

We have stayed at this resort for years and each time it continues to exceed our expectations!

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Pushy sales men trying to sell us a timeshare at 10pm . No cleaning service or clean towels and we were there 9 nights .

The children loved the pools , comfortable beds , and plenty of space for everyone .

The salesman trying to sell us a timeshare he talked about discounts if we did a tour of the property but he didn’t actually know what the discounts were and was rude when we said we were tired from travelling and would like to come back later once we had settled in our room.

The resort was lovely and there were lots of pools to choose from but there wasn’t enough umbrellas so you can sit by the pool but are shaded from the sun which meant we didn’t sit by the pool for as long as we would of liked.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

That you have to pay for extra laundry soap it you have laundry hook up and all purchases are card based

The clean nicely remodeled condo and exciting water park

There should be a free shuttle to Disney parks, charges for tube for lazy river and other activities. Room wasn't cleaned,beds not made,towels not changed. Shuttles around should be more frequent. Breakfast very basic.

Pools,room,kids activities

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

Everything is so spread out so maybe have golf-charts for people to rent to get around especially for teenagers 17 and up.

There was so much on-site you really didn’t have to leave.

I did not like the 6 different phone calls in two days (sales) I received when I was in my room. High pressure sales. NO THANKS I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A TIMESHARE only came to relax and spend time with my family.

beautiful and gorgeous

• One-Bedroom Villa

Loud, noisy landscaping work outside our window at 7:00 am!! At least two mornings of our stay they started up weed whackers and backpack blowers by 7:00 am, very inconsiderate of their guests w/o children, hoping to sleep in. Also, TV in the bedroom had pbs on all channels for the first 2 nights, finally fixed of for the last night. If you come back from the theme parks late at night, it’s very difficult to find parking.

I have stayed here three times now, I do love how convenient it is for my Disney addiction. Nice clean apartment style accommodations.

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

The whole experience was fantastic. Bedding very comfortable. The amenities were fun. Kids loved the pool and so did I. The lazy river was the best. The 2-bedrooms and kitchen was roomy and we totally enjoyed it all. Thank you

I just wish they wouldn't try so hard to get you to attend a tour of the property to join the time share program.

The staff gave us a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom villa in the Tennis High Rise Building. The room was AMAZING!!!! It was incredible to have a master bedroom with on suite and for the children to have their own bedroom with bathroom. Fun family getaway while being a fantastic romantic retreat as well.

We had to pay extra for literally everything at the resort Facilities were dated especially the room A/C was malfunctioning

Chicken sandwich was good Large and exciting pool Mini golf was great Breakfast was good

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Extra charges for everything even after we paid an activity fee. $12 for putt putt per person. Extra for tubes in the lazy river. We were embarrassed when we found a float and floated by. An employee yelled at us in front of everyone to give back the tube. Humiliating! Also beds are very uncomfortable!

The condo was very clean and spacious.

Wish they had fences up around the ponds because of small children and gators coming up on shore towards my little one

Super nice place for a family vacation or for couples/friends. Loved it

• One-Bedroom Villa

The sales person Will wasted an hour trying to get us to book a timeshare sale before giving us our parking pass. He was rude.

I like the resort style pool. Our room was very close to the pool. All areas were clean.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

House keeping not being told we extended our check out time. They barged in. A total of nine people kept intruding our room. Totally unprofessional. Stayed for the time share proposal that went past 90 minutes, to two hours😡😡. Taking up the time we extended to pack and leave, giving us 15moniyrs to check out with kids. Very unprofessional to the max. With housekeeping continually knocking on the door, one barging on on my teenagers. Having my teenagers blowing my phone up, with a sales manager at the timeshare catching an attitude because I needed to leave with my husband to check on our kids. The resort was beautiful and perfect for getaway but need to work on proper communication when residents extend there check out time.

Beautiful property all around

Our room was dirty (bathroom floor mostly) when we areived. We were told we had to pay for extra towels even though we had four people staying for a week. They did have two community washers and dryers on our floor. But for $1,700.00 for a hotel style Room at the “club house” I would have thought we could have at least got towel service. The river grill where we had breakfast every morning was buffet style. The issue was the menu was the same every day. And was constantly out of plates and many of the foods. We also had to fight every day to get a pool chair. People we hogging them and when you tried to take over an unused chair people would About start a fight with you over it. They do not have enough parking for the amount of people they pack in to the facility. Overall, It was the worst experience for the amount of money. Will not be coming back.

Multiple pools with different attractions. We liked the vollyball next at the pool. The shuttle buses are nice and the drivers were very nice. The grounds look nice and are taken care of for the most part.

• One-Bedroom Villa

The floors were a little dirty when we arrived. I mopped them real quick. You have to pay for things like mini golf, the water slide at the fun zone.

The location of the resort, it was close to restaurants and shopping. The pools were great, there was something for the kids at every pool. There were plenty of activities to keep you busy on the property. There was no reason to leave.

• Standard Room

We had a studio with no outside view so while clean and well equipped, no daylight or balcony

Everything on sight...pools, restaurants, golf, tennis and entertainment. Very well kept..

• Two-Bedroom Villa

The "resort" was more like a community and less like any resort we have previously traveled to. We had children and had to drive to get to everything, pool, food, and even ice. Poor landscaping traveling through the communities. We will not return. We will vacation in real resorts that are beautiful and convenient .

The recreation areas.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Trying to pressure me and my family to go to a timeshare meeting right after check in. This is very lunch bucket and cheapened the place for me. They told me it was a welcome gift. Not good business

Very family oriented. This is a good family place to go with the kids. Nothing luxurious here but very tidy.

• One-Bedroom Villa

The hidden costs.!!! We booked via booking.com and it said breakfast included BUT it turned out to be only for 2 people even though booking was for 4? Why not include breakfast for 4? So an extra US152.90. Another reason we chose the hotel was because our kids loved the pool and lazy river BUT again the tubes to float along it had to be hired for US10 per person per day, so another US440. To be charged US600 more than originally quoted was very upsetting and misleading and we could have booked a more modern upmarket hotel. I think the hotel should clearly flag any additional costs and not just in the small print or not at all.

The tennis courts, mini golf and pool with river rapids. The bungalow looked a bit old from the outside and decor slightly outdated, but had loads of space (2 bedrooms), a little terrace towards the back and was very well equipped. The resort otherwise was well looked after and huge.

Once I declined the tour of the property your staff was incredibly rude and non-existent.

Shay checked us in and she was the only pleasant person on your staff who I interacted with.

Can’t use amenities without paying for them. So you have to go to a rime share sales pitch to utilize the amenities for free. Please read the fine print before booking here.

• Standard Room

What I did not like is that I experienced a rude staff member at the front desk who was really rude to me and sarcastic

I love all the water pools and activities for kids

• Three-Bedroom Villa

The room was not sparkling clean when we took occupancy. It seemed like the tub in our room had not been cleaned.

The suite was perfect for our ten person party.

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

Time share reps everywhere trying to sell everything that isn’t nailed down.Many voicemails left trying to get me to come to talks.Also to just get s parking pass at check in you need to go through a sales pitch,not great after a long flight but maybe why they do that to get you whilst tired and vulnerable. Great resort but the sales tactics were very devious and if you are a sucker for a sales pitch or can’t say no this isn’t the place. Also the cost of the rubber rings is set high and you are offered a discount if you go to a time share talk. Everything is geared around the time share sales so be mindful.

Great pools and services

• Two-Bedroom Villa- Waterpark

Upon arrival, It appeared that housekeeping skipped a few steps and wasn’t attentive to detail when cleaning our unit. For example, there was open soap/ wrappers left in both bathrooms, the patio furniture was scattered and the patio table was dirty. Other surfaces in the unit weren’t as clean as they should have been. It appeared that someone rushed or forgot some steps in the cleaning process. We checked in very late ( 11:30pm), so we felt there should have been ample time to clean after the last party checked out. We will return, however, because the good definitely outweighs the bad.

The pools areas are beautiful and fun for all ages. The rooms ( condos) are very spacious, attractive and very well equipped.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Front desk staff calls the room about 10 times a day, trying to sell you a timeshare. You also have to pay for every activity in this place(lazy river, Mini Golf, etc)

Parking

• One-Bedroom Villa

I got chocked from the size of this resort. It gives a lot of inconvinience. We stood at different resorts at different countries, but none from them was so big and uncozy. Only the nice area - is an area around the lazy river. I booked one bedroom villa and it was an one room apartment in a huge building at the end of endless corridor:) . Likely it was next to the emergency excit, so we ended up using it as a main entrance:).

Super clean and well maintained rooms with all basics available, like washing detergent, solt, pepper etc. We enjoyed a heated lazy river and a huge game arcade. The hotel is close to the supermarket and Disney parks. A lot of parking slots were available at any time, despite the hotel was fully booked. It served our needs during our Disney trip, more we did not need:)

room was not cleaned &bedding not changed for total 9 days we stayed &breakfast same food for 9 days

beds were comfortable@room was a good size

• Two-Bedroom Villa

They do not make up your room, they want extra $$ for housekeeping. Stay away from offers for timeshare , they are rude and will really piss you off and ruin your day.

Rooms were big and the kitchen was great.

• One-Bedroom Villa

The four hours that the wasted trying to sell me a time share as we said many times that we didn’t want the time share. I don’t think I would stay again.

Very nice room, pools, and hot tubs. Also awesome drinks

Shuttle to get you around in the park was not very frequent.

I liked the room, although for the price I thought the beds would have been more comfortable.

I dislike the late check in and I signed up for a time share at the last day that took 5 hours of my stay time and couldn't get to rest before I head back on a 7 hour drive .

I like almost everything . Great stay wish I lived on the property

Our building was far from the property facilities. A really loud bird woke me up at 6am every morning. Really loud tweeting. Water park could use an upgrade.

Big suite with a full kitchen dining room and living room. Jacuzzi in the master bedroom. Mini Golf, arcade, pools, very lazy river and water slides to keep the kids having fun onsite. Golf and water sports too. Big Publix grocery store on the way in to the property, super Target and TJ Maxx across the street. Short drive to Disney (10 minutes) but you need a car.

• One-Bedroom Villa

To get our parking pass we were HIGH PRESSURED to attend sales presentation. We were not there on a free pkg. but a paying customer. I was very polite in saying " we are not interested not even the money or perks I'm tired from tracing and could I please get my parking pass?" Only to be pressured on and on until I said either give me my pass or a refund and I will leave/. Guy was very rude and seemed a disrespectful to me. I asked to not receive any calls that I was just there to relax. Guess what next morning a lady called VERY HIGH pressuring me to come to presentation only 90 minutes. Again I said same as day before and she wouldn't let it go; just on and on. I finally said "This is my 6 or 7 year and probably my last. Ecuador I don't like being pressured." She finally said ok and hung up.

Property beautiful and well taken care of. Our villa seemed clean but getting older and could use updating. Lots of space and lots of pools and lots of things to do.

Nothing, loved it all. Best to have a car though to move around the resort.

Love the accommodation, kids loved the lazy river pool and basketball courts.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Because booking.com sent my name wrong and the second room for Mrand (Mr and?) we spent 25 min waiting until the reservation was found. The confirmation from booking.com was useless she said. Then you must go to another station to get your car pass. The agent there could not give out 3 passes because she could not find our reservation. I only walked 50 ft and had my room key I just needed a pass. After walking Disney all day the last thing I want at 9:40 pm is to get a sales talk to sign up for a tour so I can get a parking pass. Breakfast buffet had lukewarm eggs and horrible coffee. (Starbucks). Would not eat there again

Room

• Standard Room

the room was terrible and dark and old and tired and had a bad smell. I did not like this at all. And the staff could´nt care less. They had to show me 3 rooms and none of them were good, this was a big big disapointment, sorry. Would not recomend this for anyone. Sorry

The facilities was nice and clean, large pools and clean. Thats it.