Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Memphis I-240 3 stars

2700 South Perkins Road, Memphis, TN 38118, USA

#43 of 88 hotels in Memphis

Ok
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access and Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

I did not like the 50$ hidden fee that we knew nothing about UNTIL check in. I was also charged TWICE for my room a 5$ extra fee for that. We was 4 hours away from home low on cash to get home due to being charged twice and 50$ hidden fee!! We was VERY DISAPPOINTED that left only 22$ in my account to travel 4 hours home!! Parents had to wire money to make sure we had enough to get back to Mississippi

Bed was comfortable

Bed was nice and comfortable carpet in room nasty as hell dirty caulking around the tub and sink eww
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Night desk clerk checked us in a room came back and the key didnt wrk come to find out he never showed us in tht room from the beginning...Smh

Property needs to be updated Bathtub looka nasty dirty caulking around tub and the sink..Never seen a Holiday in this condition Breakfast was nice..Need to get rid of bats and flies yuck...

The floors in my room were filthy.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The floors in my room were filthy.. There were crumbs all over the floors. The floors were stained as well. I had to wear socks during my stay. I had to empty the trash because they were full when I first arrived. The room was not clean and i couldn't wait to leave. The hallway had an undescribable odor. The pros were, that the breakfast was good and the front desk staff was nice, but i was not pleased with the cleanliness.

Our stay was awful!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was disgusting, the air didn’t work properly, there was a spider crawling on the bed, beds weren’t comfortable, and the guests across the hall were constantly in and out with the door slamming behind them!

the location,
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the elevator floor was sticky the carpet in front of the elevator was extremely dirty and filthy the staff was not friendly, and did not seem to care about the guest.

the location,

I like that they had patrol in the lot so my car didn’t get...

Swimming pool was green all the corridor carpets were dirty elevation bottoms were broken but still working

I like that they had patrol in the lot so my car didn’t get stolen and great breakfast

The places to eat around the location

The room was dirty, they had to turn the water off for several hours due to busted pipes! The interior carpet to the hotel was dirty(need cleaning)Check in only had one person checking people in! I will never stay at the one in Memphis off of Perkins ever in life!!!!!

The places to eat around the location

The stay here was amazing very quite clean friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The stay here was amazing very quite clean friendly staff. Our room was so comfortable and relaxing. The location was great for us because we wanted to drive and view the city. I’ll definitely be booking here again when I return.

It was a 3 night stay for approximately $550.00, I expected more.

We stayed 3 nights, on the 3rd night housekeeping never made it to our room. We did not get fresh towels, beds were not made and our trash was not taken. Housekeeping was running so far behind they stated they would get to our room in approx. an hour and it was already 7:00 PM at night. I did go to front desk and got fresh towels and asked for our trash to be taken. They offered to come up and make the beds but I said no, after all it was already 7:00 pm. It stated recently remodeled I seen that in the common areas, but the tub in the bathroom was very worn,

the staff was very friendly. the beds were comfortable.

It was alright, my husband was ok but I wasn’t!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our first room the floor was black and we had to change rooms, the second room was better until I looked down and there was food on the floor! I went into the hall to get house keeping and received a attitude because I asked her to vacuum the food off the floor!

The staff was friendly and spoke all the time in passing!

I could not get the wifi to work.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I could not get the wifi to work. Even after calling the front desk. The staff in the past was very nice and helpful. Now the staff is cold and unpleasant

Okay. Not a good location. Nothing to do in area.

Location!!!

Location is not good. Nothing in area, lots of litter and homeless people in area. Not a good or safe walking area. No good restaurants around only fast food. Hotel decor awful. Room decor ok.

Staff was very welcoming and informative

There was food left in the drawers in the room, the toilet set was loose and wobbly. Towels were not very soft

Staff was very welcoming and informative

Get a king room

The bathroom was uncleaned. Our first stay a week earlier we stayed in a king room. It was clean and comfortable. This stay had no king rooms available.

The staff is very friendly

If I was traveling to Memphis again I would consider staying here again.

Nothing significant.

The check in and check out process was super. The breakfast bar was awesome. The one thing that made the stay great was ALWAYS being greeted by a staff member when they saw you. That is service over and above 😀.

I made my reservation through Booking.

I made my reservation through Booking.com and you didn't have to pay until you got to the property. However, I presented the staff with a different credit card at check-in and they still charged the wrong card which was the card I had on file with booking.com. My account was overdrafted and I did not receive any type of refund of the fees from the hotel and it was their fault for billing the wrong card. I enjoyed the stay but I still spent more money because of the overdraft fees.

Was very pleased with our stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room not ready at 6:00 pm because of a washer or dryer breakdown that delayed the cleaning of the room according to the front desk personnel.

Breakfast.

This is a great hotel.

Everything was GREAT. The staff was wonderful. Mrs. Flo is the best I just love her she makes me feel at home every time I stay there.

Its okay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didnt know there aas a deposit one lady told me the wrong information and had to go late at night to put a deposit on the card to check in plus you have to pay for snacks

The location near the interstate.and the room

We booked adjoining rooms and both rooms had problems of some sort. The TV remote and phone didn't work in one room. The mini-fridge, sound on the TV and remote didn't work in the other. The bathrooms were not very clean. When we asked for these issues to be resolved we were told there was nothing they could do at that time but to come talk to the manager the next morning.

It was inexpensive and provided a free breakfast.

We just needed a place to stay for the night and wanted to...

We just needed a place to stay for the night and wanted to get on the road early. Breakfast was ready before 6:30 so much appreciated. Hotel was close to interstate so good location and even though it was in the city, the street to enter the hotel was not heavily traveled.

Fantastic

Staff, room, location, FREE breakfast, WiFi

Receptionist Flo welcomes our group with her Southern Hospitality. Her & the staff made our stay pleasant and we truly appreciate it. Met all expectations and then some

Nice place to stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathtub lining loose as well as the water adjuster. Needs to be fixed before someone rip it off the connection.

Friendly staff. Comfortable mattress Good quality TV Good hot breakfast

Consider our stay here a super part of attending a bowl game

The staff is outstanding! We were there for the Liberty Bowl Game. Iowa State Cyclones basically took over the hotel and the staff was ready for us. They did special things to welcome us and gave info on getting around Memphis for the parade and the game. Game day all of them were in the spirit. One of the managers was walking around the breakfast room playing the ISU fight song on his phone to get us pumped. After we won we were welcomed back with a big congrats sign and staff who hugged and gave us the high five. The whole experience at the hotel added to the fun atmosphere of a bowl game. Thanks, Staff

Not a pleasant experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom -no vent - tub was DISGUSTING, when water turned on crud came out, black spots in tub. Hallway- metal strip was sticking up 6 inches allowing to trip on it

Manager- he tried to help with check in issue. The gal at the desk billed my card 9 times maxing out my credit card . By doing this I had no credit card for food attractions or fuel to return home. A holiday weekend is no fun when trying to get money wired.

Ok, I guess.

The tv remote wasn't communicating with the tv and wouldn't allow you operate. The front desk employee,Erika, reset it. The next morning same thing. Very annoying. Another employee, Florida, gave us some tips about places to see in Memphis.

Loved our stay - will stay here again if we need to come back... or a sightseeing trip!

Could tell hallways needed some updating, wallpaper peeling off wall. Our floor they were replacing carpet border, so looks like they may be updating Already.

Pleasant staff, clean room and updated lobby. Nice hot breakfast with eggs, bacon/sausage, cinammon rolls, biscuits & gravy, fruit... great selection! Centrally located to everything we needed to do.

Will be coming back!

There seems to have been flooding in some areas, but that did not affect our room.

The rooms were nice, and the breakfast was great! This hotel is very nice for the price. The beds were very comfortable as well.

The beds were comfortable loved the pillows, Shower was...

ROOM SERVICE!!!!!!!!!, The beds were not made( all personal items were removed off the bed so that the beds could be made up!!) the trash cans were not emptied IN THE ROOM OR RESTROOM, the clean towels and wash cloths were just laid on the counter in the bath room, bathroom not cleaned AT all, empty tissue roll not replaced. very disappointed with the room service

The beds were comfortable loved the pillows, Shower was great water stayed hot.

Nice local to shopping and food. We just used for sleeping. Was busy doing things.

The only thing I did not like was in the bathroom it looked like there was mold forming at top of wall. The breakfast was ok.

The hotel was nice clean and inviting.

If we visit Memphis again we will stay that this HI!

We have not one negative thing to say.

Can't say anything bad about this place. Room was clean, staff was friendly especially the lady fixing breakfast. She was a sweetheart! Great selection on the breakfast.

The front desk was extremely helpful and nice.

It was in a horrible part of town, it wasn't safe and our truck was broken into and the window was busted out.

The front desk was extremely helpful and nice.

The staff was nice, but........

Had to change rooms due to cleanliness. Second room had a running toilet and tub faucet. And the tub should have been resurfaced before renting. However, the staff was kind and seemed genuinely concerned and tried to be very accommodating.

Staff was nice. Food was good

3.1
    Keep your money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There's not a lot I can tell you. Once we arrived and proceeded to ask the front desk clerk about our reservation, There was no welcome to the hotel, no I how are you or how can I help you...she was very rude. I was told that since I booked our rooms on booking.com that the rooms I requested weren't guaranteed and that we'd have to take whatever was available. We that was unacceptable. The welcoming Libby was not presentable.. the sofa was awry as well as the chairs. With my OCD I had to fix it. I was told to come back around 3 and if any rooms were ready (Check in is at 3 so all rooms should be ready) they would give us whatever they had. Needless to say, my family and I chose to stay elsewhere

There was one woman in the breakfast area taking care of all...

Bathtub was old so it made it look unclean.

There was one woman in the breakfast area taking care of all the guests. She was kind and just made my day. She chit chatted with so many and had a great attitude. All of your employees did but she stood out the most.

Better off sleeping in your car!

First I was traveling with my mom. There was a large group of out of state electrical workers there helping after some storms. This wouldn't have been an issue except every evening they were in the parking lot and right outside the front doors drinking smoking cursing and talking about things I would never talk about in front of someone's mom. Very disrespectful. The hotel even had a cop show up one night. They had spilled beer and urinated in one of the elevators. The second thing is I booked the room with my card. When we got there my mom said she was gonna pay with her card. They took her card but charged mine. When we checked out I asked about it. They said they only charge the card the room was booked with and can't change it. I was more than a little ticked because booking.com said the card wouldn't be charged that it was only to reserve the room. No one at the hotel bothered to tell us when we checked in. All in all I'll never stay here again. I'd sleep in my car first.

The breakfast was good and the beds were pretty comfortable.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Overall it was a great stay. If we used the pool they could have a few umbrellas and newer pool furniture.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The woman in the breakfast area was pleasant even during the busy breakfast hours.

A great place to stay on your vacation

There was nothing to not like – everything was great!

The staff was excellent -answered all questions with a smile. On our last morning leaving when I checked out at 3 AM the lady behind the counter – I didn't get her name went back to the café and brought his two bananas to eat on our way to the airport when she heard my sister mentioned she was hungry – excellent customer service !!!

The room was not cleaned properly.

The room was not cleaned properly. Found a empty beer bottle in the room. The manager offered to make me a reward member and give me points towards my next stay. After I declined that offer. I was then given a $25.00 discount. Also the site stated that no money for the stay would be taken from my card until check-in, but the money was taken off prior to me arriving there. I made the most of the stay but was very disappointed overall. I definitely do not recommend this hotel.

The hotel was nice and clean very friendly staff. Would recommend this hotel to anyone
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I really don't have anything that I didn't like

The staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean and right off the exit. The breakfast was good great place to stay a night or two

Don't get what you booked.

We booked a king size bed. Got a twin double bed. I'm 6' 8" and 270 lbs. Double beds are uncomfortable for me. Disappointed in the room, and booking.com. never had this trouble with Expedia.

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The room was excellent and spacious and the bed was very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a hair in the shower and there was an issue with the toilet paper holder falling off the wall, but other than that everything was great.

The room was excellent and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. They were also able to check me in early with no problem. All of the staff I interacted with was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Great stay. Will come again!

I only have one complaint and it won't stop us from coming back... the shower is the only thing not updated on our room. More water came out of the water spout than the shower head. This made it very hard to wash the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair.

Everyone employee we spoke to was extremely nice and helpful. We had everything we needed. Breakfast was good. Clean, comfortable, good area. Was impressed with the fitness center as well.

Good value but farther away from local attractions than others.

Not as close to downtown and tourist areas as I would have liked, but not a horribly long drive either.

Very easy access to the interstate. Not very noisy, considering the proximity to the interstate. Some decent restaurants reasonably close. Very friendly staff. Easy check-in/check-out.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

It was prom weekend and my son enjoyed his stay very well.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wish I could have gotten in the pool, don't know if it was open due to miss weather.

The breakfast omelettes were good I think it was the western but overall very good.

Holiday Inn Express didn't disappoint

We booked 2 double beds for a family of 4 but when we checked in at 11 they were out of those rooms and we made a king room with a pull out bed work. Not ideal but it was fine.

Breakfast was really good and good hot coffee. The kids LOVED the cinnamon rolls.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

I would not return unless they can assure the property has a fresh start.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The daytime staff were rude and not helpful regarding housekeeping needs. There was a little back talk as well towards my significant other. The facility was not as clean as I'm use to for a Holiday Inn. Housekeeping can do better in cleaning rooms when new consumers arrive. Elevators were not clean and previous guest vandalized the walls. Plenty needs to be done to bring this property back to life.

I liked the bed and it's comfort. I liked the ease of accessing the freeway. The staff member that checked me in was pleasant.

Wonderful

What I didn't like is that the water for your bath or shower was not hot or warm. I know it is a large hotel and that there may have been several take baths or showers at the same time, I feel as if that need to be worked on. I have stayed at other Holiday Inns and hot water was never a problem. Beside the cold water everything was wonderful.

All the above

We we're on the second floor and notice there was a odor that smelled like sewage down the hallway, but other than that they stay was great.

All the above

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Nice and clean. Friendly staff.

The bathroom wasn't properly vented so there was a mild smell. I expected a better breakfast for the money.

Everything was clean and fresh. It was very quiet in our room. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

My room had a bad odor.

The room smell awful we sprayed air freshener all night still didn't work. We complain to the staff at the front desk they gave us some spray still stunk. Bathroom stunk the worse. Then booking.com doesn't tell you that you are requried to pay an extra 50 deposit upfront smh.The price for the room and the bad smell wasn't worth my stay highly disappointed.

It was 8 miles away from my favorite restaurant.

Pleasant Stay,however don't have you me hopes up for a deluxe breakfast buffet!!

The breakfast was decent, but not what I expected. I have been to several Hoilday Expresses and the breakfast was way better. Those instant omelettes were not meant for a breakfast buffet, and no bacon at all!! Other than that my stay was pleasant!!

The room was exceptional beside the bathroom could use a little better deodorizer when cleaned other than that my stay was pleasant!!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

better than expected......(after reading some reviews)

Unable to get help with wifi in our room......

The breakfast was great. Many options....And the coffee was not the watered down stuff you usually find in hotels It was actually pretty decent. The hotel was close enough to all the things we wanted to do in memphis, graceland, college bowl game and beale street....Front staff very nice and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

nice and comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the carpet in the room needed cleaning very spotted..messy people stayed there and the bathroom floor had a sticky substance on it and shoes left marks.

great receptionist at desk...good breakfast...great beads and pillows.

loved our stay

customer servic

The carpet in my room was dirty and that mess my whole stay up.

Friendly and access to a couple restaurants.

The Location and staff is str8

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Friendly staff

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Overall I have no complaints, the bed was comfortable, the staff was nice, and I enjoyed my stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool could have been a little bit cleaner.

My stay was a pleasant experience.

No major complaints.

comfortable

Yikes

Vehicle was broken into, bad area apparently

Hotel wad nice

The motel was nice and the staff was friendly.

They were really close to nice restaurants

They had a nice breakfast.

very good

great rooms

when the water was off I asked the staff would it be an...

when the water was off I asked the staff would it be an adjustment to my bill they said no cause I wasn't a member of some group

celebrated
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Old, and the pool wasnt working

professionalism from the clerk and the location was not bad at all

Great location for purpose of trip

No room service entire stay. Repeatedly had to call and ask for more towels.

Great location for purpose of trip

Very good breakfast

There was no microwave in room

Very good breakfast

Room was very clean, front desk staff nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was very clean, front desk staff nice.

okay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Signage was missing so that location off of the main street was difficult.to find.

Smell in hallway was weird. 2 floor

Food was great and comfy bedding

Great stay

Staff were friendly and helpful

Terrible
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty in the room and common areas. Didn’t have water for 4 hours and staff kept giving different tones when the water would be back in.

I will stay again and again

The smell that was on the third floor of my hall

To sum it up in one word Execallent

Worst not money worth

No cleaniless stinking smell

The worst hotel I ever stay stinking smell through out night no cleanliness

I am happy I found this hotel at a great rate.

The breakfast food was very good and the variety was great. Bed was very comfortable and staff was extra friendly and courteous.

Guest
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The tub could have been cleaner.

It waas clean