Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Crystal River This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1203 Northeast 5th Street, Crystal River, FL 34429, United States of America

#2 of 8 hotels in Crystal River

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

got there tired, the pool, sleeping on the wonderful bed, eating the best breakfast ,we left happy

everything was great,there was nothing we didn't like.

loved the breakfast, everything was wonderful, the lady who set the breakfast up went out of her way to help us have a nice breakfast.Bed was A+++.Room was very nice.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Great spot, you won't be disappointed!
    • Standard Room

Breakfast could always be a little better lol

The rooms were great, clean, roomy and cold. The beds were also very comfortable. My wife really enjoyed the size of the bathroom. Check in was a breeze and the front desk employees were very welcoming and offered great service. The pool even though not too big was enjoyable. The surrounding area doesn't offer much in terms of what a city would but enough to keep you entertained and not hungry. Very close to state parks and springs. Would definitely come back.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Easy access and very quiet room.
    • Standard Room

Can’t think of any negatives for this property!

Easy access and very quiet room. Good size room too! Staff extremely courteous even when we checked out at 5 a.m.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

I would recommend staying
    • Standard Room

I like the room dark for sleeping but our curtains could not be closed all the way letting in too much light.

Great value and location, clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

We had a great time.
    • Standard Room

Not being able to smoke by the pool.

The breakfast was wonderful & the staff was very helpful. I think the pool should be one of smoking areas. It is out side so the smoke will go up in the air

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Excellent stay with courteous service and cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in.
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Disability Access

No comment, enjoyed my stay: clean, comfortable, was able to exercise.

I have travelled the world and this Holiday Express is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Average. Hotel very clean.
    • Standard Room

We arrived at 10am. We requested an early check in months ago. They told us we could not check in until 2pm. We waited there for 4 hours. Our first room door would not lock. Our second room the springs had gone in the bed. Our third room was ok. We felt that as we booked through you, we were discriminated against. We saw on a list that they had 6 guests check in before us on that day. This was whilst we were sat in their lounge wAiting! Their reception staff made us wAit 30 minutes to move from room 2 to room 3 as he could not use the computer and he had to phone a manager for help whilst I waited. Very unprofessional. The deputy manager Denise was outraged when I told her and did everything she could to help us.

The hotel was really clean.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Would recommend this location to family and friends.
    • Standard Room

Knowledgeable staff, well informed on local restaurants, attractions, and other information. Very clean and spacious room, breakfast included protein items which we appreciated.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Very comy, quiet and good location for Crystal River, very restful and relaxing.

For a change I can't find anything to complain about, unlike the previous hotel we visited!

The eggs were a bit dry, but the omelettes were good. Beds extremely comfy, very clean and housekeeping excellent.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Totally disappointed. Not likely to return. Hotels need to value their handicapped travelers
    • Standard Room

Why I rated it so low this trip was because I am an amputee. I requested a handicapped room and was told we would be given one. There was no shower chair available or built in. I requested one at the desk, but they do not offer because of safety. Was it safe for me to try and shower without one? I think not.

We had stayed there before and decided to again. The hotel was clean, quiet, reasonably priced and good location.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

We stayed here for two days and all I can say is that it was AWESOME!!
    • Standard Room

I have only one suggestion. The bathtubs need another bar inside. There was only one bar at the end of the tub, but a person still needs to go to the front so another bar would be helpful. I really think this would be a great benefit for Holiday Inns. It would prevent falls. Many things happen AND THEN the precautions are taken.

I loved that the place was so clean! I loved the staff! The location was fabulous! The breakfast was better than some others we have had. The people behind the desk was so nice and very helpful. I can't say enough about what a great place to stay.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

the hotel was better than I expected.
    • Standard Room

the hotel was better than I expected. The room was very clean and comfortable. I slept better than any other hotel I have been in lately. The only draw back was the exercise room was lacking. The machines not in good working order. My overall rating is 4.5 out of 5.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

Lovely place. Just a shame we didn't get to use all the facilities

Booking.com had let us book a hotel which didn't have any power. Nothing to do with the hotel as they had told booking.com to call us and tell us this. Hotel staff were very good and let us stay even though they shouldn't have. 10 out of 10 for the hotel. Booking.com 0 out of 0.

Nice hotel, Very modern.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Staff was excellent!

Staff was excellent! Gave some great recommendations. We were part of the Hurricane Irma evacuation. Took care of everyone in a stressful time. I believe the front desks agent name was Debbie (?) she did an amazing job!

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

We evacuated to this wonderful hotel during the lead-up to...
    • Standard Room

We evacuated to this wonderful hotel during the lead-up to Hurricane Irma. The staff was so helpful and concerned. We intended to stay through the hurricane, but Crystal River was threatened by Irma, and the governor ordered a mandatory evacuation. The hotel was prepared to let us stay, but we decided to leave. The staff was gracious and kind in every regard. The room was clean, with high ceilings and plenty of space. We will return when there is no hurricane!

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Overall pleasant but I will return to Hilton properties in the future.

Mattress is too hard. Check in staff could have been more friendly and welcoming. She never even made eye contact. Also I requested first floor due to limited mobility. Not only did she not give me the ground floor but I was on the 3rd floor VERY FAR from the elevator and she didn't even acknowledge my request and apologize.

The property was clean and welcoming. The free breakfast is amazing. The beds are very firm so be prepared for that. I'm used to a much softer mattress so I grabbed extra pillows. Overall pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

Fun memories with grandchildren.

Bathroom counter too high for children and too wide for adults. Difficult to use mirror close up .

Staff very friendly with children, particularly breakfast staff. Loved breakfast choiced.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

The staff at the desk were extremely helpful.
    • Standard Room

The property was very noisy. it was full of a lot of folks who were going scalloping and were apparently drinking and rowdy. Parking was difficult because there were many, many trucks and boats in the way.

The staff at the desk were extremely helpful. The breakfast was average. Would have like some cut up fresh fruit

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

We actually had a few family issues that occurred while we...

Unfortunately it rained a lot on the days we were free to go swimming in the pool, only got to use it once. Lol

We actually had a few family issues that occurred while we were there. And the hotel staff was wonderful and even helpful in the ways they could! We will deffinately be back!

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

Good stay, does what it says on the tin.

Other bedroom doors slammed shut when people entered or exited their rooms, making it quite noisy late evening and early morning. Breakfast was passable.

The staff where exceptionally friendly and helpful. Clean rooms and public areas. Good Wifi. Plenty of parking even when the hotel was full. Good quality no frills hotel made special by the staff. Thoroughly enjoyed my four day stay there.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

Classic Holiday Inn Express

Poor continental breakfast.

Very clean, spacious and cosy room with classic Holiday Inn Express equipment. Two king size beds. Late checkout possible for free. Good place to stay for manatee diving.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

Overall a great place to stay
    • Standard Room

I was not impressed with the hot breakfast items, but there were other items such as cereal, fruit and bagels. The pool was small and uninviting. Mostly guests sitting around the pool to smoke.

We were pleased with our standard smoke-free, pet-free room including free wifi. The bathroom was large and had a fan which for some reason many hotels don't have. The staff was friendly and very responsive. They accommodated our request for adjoining rooms. I was happy to see quiet hours 10p-7a posted, so it was quite at night inside and outside of the hotel.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2017

Stay here

The beds were super comfy. The gentleman at the desk was so kind and attentive (Mohammed Ali) breakfast was delicious and the rooms were very clean and comfy

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

From Pennsylvania

No granola for my yogert.

Staff was friendly & very helpful. We had to extend our stay by one more night, no problem. Receiptionist called & booked ahead to our next destination. Thanks Jen!

• Reviewed: March 7, 2017

Outstanding Place To Stay!

Customer service was excellent! Staff was friendly, warm, and helpful. The epitome of southern hospitality. Tammy even recommended places to visit and helped me find the location of my manatee tour. Every employee at the hotel had superb customer service. When I arrived they put me on the 4th floor because they thought it would be quieter for me. The hotel was quiet, clean, and very convenient. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with a lot of choices. There was everything from bacon to biscuits. Try the cinnamon buns-warm and sticky. The coffee was fresh and plentiful. Breakfast also ran for a long time, which was wonderful if you had an early morning manatee tour. Check out was fast and easy. The hotel was also 5-10 minutes away from various restaurants and activities. I would highly recommend this hotel and plan to return again. They even called me after I returned home to ask about my stay. Wow!

• Reviewed: February 18, 2017

Great value, just as nice as the Hampton inn.

Very friendly front desk staff (all staff were friendly). Lots of choices for breakfast, opened early and stayed open later than posted breakfast hours. Comfortable bed, clean modern room.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2017

Great place to lay your head down after adventures in nature.

Great property. The quality I have come to expect from this chain. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Staff was nice, helpful and very accommodating.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Spotlessly clean

Can't think of a thing.

Spotlessly clean room,friendly staff,especially the young man mopping the lobby each day. Breakfast was good, better than most hotels but not extaordinary.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2017

Clean and very quiet

Where was laundry⁈^_^

Clean and very quiet convenient to go swimming with manatees Breakfast was good and staffs never rushed me. I felt comfortable so much.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2016

Excellent Crystal River Property

The fitness room was just average, lacking any weight machines, but I did use the exercise bike, ab roller and balance ball for a light workout.

The front desk manager, Mohamed K Ali, was an outstanding representative of the property, providing superior, friendly, personal service throughout our entire stay.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2016

Curtains don't cover window

Room 226 the curtains cannot be closed. The track doesn't go across the window. Reception didn't know this and suggested that all rooms were the same. Discovered this at 10.00 p.m. Had to put up with bright light from outside all night . Will never stay at Holiday inn again.

Everything was coloured by a bad nights sleep

• Reviewed: September 20, 2016

Good spot for scalloping stay!

Many rooms crammed with people who seemed to be day laborers. Very loud in rooms and hallways at times.

Staff very personable and nice. Had flavored coffee creamer (very important).

• Reviewed: August 21, 2016

Clean, comfortable, nicely decorated, great breakfast and pool.

Staff at checkout was not friendly. We paid cash and he said"never fails. Quittin time is 8:00, at 7:45 thats when someone wants to pay cash! That's what we're here for though "

Breakfast was great in general! I li k e my sausage browned though. Great selection. Very nice pool.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2016

The facilities were exactly as advertised

I'm just not a big fan of scrambled eggs but that's my problem.

Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast had a good selection and the staff was very accommodating

• Reviewed: July 23, 2016

The breakfast bar was always well stocked.

I didn't care for the high sink and counter in the bathroom

The breakfast bar was always well stocked. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel room was very quiet, so we got a good night's rest.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

room was very comfortable, staff was OUTSTANDING, breakfast...
    • Standard Room

room could have been slightly cleaner.

room was very comfortable, staff was OUTSTANDING, breakfast was good,

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

clean facility

cost

clean facility comfy beds clean pool

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

loud A/C

loud A/C

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Delightful
    • King Room with Two King Beds

It really was great i can't think of anything

Very clean and hot breakfast very nice.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Over very good
    • Standard Room

Bathtub needed shower wall replaced and ceiling needed painted

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

The staff was very friendly and even met us check in early

The staff was very friendly and even met us check in early

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

i felt confortable and safe

quite and comfortable

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

I recommend this hotel!

We loved our stay!!! The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The beds are extremely comfortable!!!

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good.

The shower leaked.

Bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. The water pressure was excellent!

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Excellent Hotel ,very helpful friendly staff.
    • Standard Room

Excellent Hotel ,very helpful friendly staff.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

The breakfast surpassed my expectations.
    • King Room with Two King Beds and Sofa Bed

Pillows were too soft, even the firm ones. A little pricey.

The breakfast surpassed my expectations. Great variety.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

We loved visiting Homosassa State Park.

The coffee was not the best

Lots of variety at breakfast

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Good parking space and comfortable room.
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Disability Access

Old and worn. Breakfast was a disaster.

Good parking space and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Did not care for the beds.
    • Standard Room

Did not care for the beds. They were way too high to sit on the edge and to climb into.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Convenient, clean

Convenient, clean

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Great stopover to swim with the manatees

Lovely large room and very comfortable. A good range of food at breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Overpriced but is seasonal rate.
    • Standard Room

Overpriced but is seasonal rate.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Short but Perfect

N/a

Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Great place to stay
    • Standard Room

Very clean, good value, great breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Staff very friendly

Pool outside

Staff very friendly

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

never stay there again
    • Standard Room

room floor was stained, lamps and furniture dusty, pillows were terrible, light switches were funky, beds were worn

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Quiet and comfortable good breakfast
    • Standard Room

Coffee was excellent and available all day

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Won’t go back
    • Standard Room

Requested a King was given a handicapped room. Accommodations are outdated. Needs upgrading.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Best Holiday Express
    • Standard Room

I cannot find anything negative: best Holiday Express we ever stayed.

Easy access, wonderful staff, very clean.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Would return......maybe......
    • Standard Room

Uncomfortable mattress and to soft pillows.

Good breakfast selection and was fresh. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

Had a great stay. Will be back again. Thanks.
    • Standard Room

Staff were super friendly. Had an issue with plumbing and they came right away to fix. Very apologetic.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Nice place

Shower curtain smelled sour

Large rooms

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Good hotel when visiting the mmatees

No bar or restaurant

Good location with lots of pillows!

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

Good, just a littleout of town

Breakfast very average

Best disabled facilities on this trip,

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

staff was very nice and helpful
    • Standard Room

breakfast could use a little bacon instead of sausage every day

staff was very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

Comfortable
    • Standard Room

Hotel was quiet and clean. Staffs are nice any time. Last year too. Very close to the place of the boat to swim with manatees.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

Bathroom, ac

Kitchen

Bathroom, ac

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

It was a very pleasant stay.
    • Standard Room

Coffee choice too strong for the size of cup.

Room was comfy & bed was good. The staff was very friendly and helpful with the area.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Excellent Holiday Inn Express!!
    • Standard Room

Front desk person was excellent and friendly.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Honest, friendly staff

Staff

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

Pretty much everything but the comfort of the bed was...

Pretty much everything but the comfort of the bed was amazing!

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

The staff in the morning was very friendly, but the Saturday...

They did not have cookies for us on Saturday night.

The staff in the morning was very friendly, but the Saturday night guy was not so friendly

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Stay was awesome! No complaints!
    • King Room with Two King Beds

Staff was very friendly and nice. Very clean nice rooms. Breakfast was great. Will stay there again when I return.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2017