Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami - Hialeah/Miami Lakes 3 stars

6650 West 20th Avenue , Hialeah, FL 33016, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Hialeah

The hotel is great for a shopping trip.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the A.c didn't cool to our liking. was pretty warm in the nights but ohk enough to sleep in. the bathroom faucets and showers seem to have a problem with the directions. when put on cold it is steaming hot and vise versa when put on hot. BECAREFUL if your kids take showers on their own as they could burn themselves.

The hotel is great for a shopping trip. or if your attending an event in town. Its spacious and beds feel great. staff was ohk with dealing with packages that arrived for me. I would recommend to friends/Family if your just taking a quick weekend trip

Worst hotel in 95 days of my round the globe journey
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Personnel mindset and attitude - they just don't care. When you come with a problem, they offer you excuses and explanations instead of solutions to the problem. They don't try to understand you and your needs, they always try to explain something to you instead

Poor client experience - not something you would expect from a brand like holiday inn
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Shower not working properly Wi fi disconnecting regularly, requiring several attempts to connect back Unconstructive attitude of front desk personnel when receiving feedback (instead of trying to solve a problem they explained me why the problem exists and tried to convince me that it is actually not a problem)

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

I'll be back in a few months! =D
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The breakfast could've reflected more food options. I stayed at this hotel for six consecutive days. After day three, I ran out of food combinations. Also, the elevators still need to be repaired...as they were in the same state of disrepair that they were in last year when I visited.

Front desk staff were very responsive to addressing my needs as they arose. The beds were very comfortable. The a/c unit was fully operational and NOT loud. The overall view and feel of the room was very stylish and comfortable. We stayed in a suite.

It took staffs 30 minutes to give me the room keys because...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

It took staffs 30 minutes to give me the room keys because they can not find my reservation in the computer. I have to show them my confirmation letter for them to find my reservation. I am not happy.

The rooms were huge and well taken care of.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The elevators were scary. I know that sounds dumb but when you are carrying your child and standing in an elevator that the lights are flickering and when it reaches the top floor the entire thing vibrates, you get a little freaked out. The front desk guy at check in was kinda rude and seemed annoyed I came in.

The rooms were huge and well taken care of. There was room for my pack and play for my 8 month old. We didn’t feel like we were tripping over each other which is what I was expecting being that we had a baby with us. But there was plenty of room!

It was a very good stay. I was pleased with my choice and I would return again.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The breakfast was too monotonous. More variety needed. It wasn't bad but they literally had the same thing everyday. That was kinda boring having to eat it every morning. The staff wasn't too friendly. They didn't speak unless you spoke. Or they didn't try to greet you or make small conversation with you during breakfast ....I wasn't accustomed to that.

I like the cleanliness of the room and the entire property. It was conveniently located near various shopping plazas and near Westland Mall...also not far from Chucky cheese (I had my kids with me). I was very pleased with my choice, since I've never stayed in this area, I'm always in Aventura or Hallandale area.

Clean and comfortable.

Everything was ok for me. They are doing some touching up of the place and some areas are not completely done, but it was not a nuisance

Clean and comfortable. Very nice staff

It was a pleasant experience.

Access to public transportation was not easy. Availability of a shuttle would assist one without a vehicle.

The fact that at no time there were too many guests in the dining or lounge areas. It was quiet at all times

It was a pleasant one, we really enjoyed the hotel staff, they were very friendly and accommodating.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The hotel informed us that they had to shut down the main water valve distributing water to all rooms for over two hours, the main office mentioned this was due to the hotel construction renovation that the hotel was undergoing. It was not pleasant being without water for bathing or for cleaning. We hope that this won't happen again on any of our future stays.

We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet very much, the staff was very caring and very helpful and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The hotel maintenance manager was a very helpful and very assisting during our stay, we were pleased by his assistance.

I like the room and the bed was really comfortable which was...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I was not too crazy about to location but other than that I was satisfied with everything else

I like the room and the bed was really comfortable which was the most important to me

We were there 6 nights & overall thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

It wasn't noted at the time of booking that this hotel was under renovation. No hot tube available by pool. Housekeepers should be able to communicate in English as well as Spanish. They did not announce themselves before attempting to enter the room to clean it.

We enjoyed the kindness of the staff, the breakfast was very good and the room was very well kept. Pictures shows surrounding area in Miami which isn't far from Hialeah. Hotel is in a good location close to all major stores & activities.

The front desk staff was very helpful

when i arrive the room was not clean and trash was in the bin when i call to have it remove the gentleman that came to remove it said this little bit of trash with an attitude. if you check into a room for the fist time you want it clean.

The front desk staff was very helpful

Safe, clean and free parking!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

My room was near the lift. This meant we heard everyone getting in and out for the whole week we were there. So it was a little noisy. But that wasn’t it. They decided to do a fire alarm check at 9am on a Saturday without notice. And it was loud. Some guest got stuck in the lifts. We were trying to check out at the time which then delayed us. The air con in the room was noisy so only had it on in short bursts. The breakfast was simple but enough to keep you going.

The bed was comfy. The room was well laid out with some kitchen amenities in the room. A fridge, microwave, kettle, coffee machine all in good working order. The bathroom was clean and tidy everyday. Plenty of TV channels to choose from. Staff were great especially the lady at breakfast.

I like everything but the rollaway I ask you could not...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I like everything but the rollaway I ask you could not sleep in it I gave a suggestion to the front desk because I work as and executive housekeeper for 15 years on miami and miami beach and we use bed board for those type of rollways cuse you can fill the sprig on your back tha was about the only negative experience but the rest was very good

Great hotel and value for money!

There is nothing not to like.

We were provided one of the newly remodeled room and it was lovely. We always stay here when in Miami. Great staff and service. Excellent quiet location but near to all the business and restaurants. A very trustworthy hotel as I always order from Amazon and have it delivered there and never had an issue with my items.

Check -in employee should great you everytime you inter the lobby
    • Room Selected at Check-In

They let us stay in non renovited room and the bathroom was steaming when you get out after shawering smell meldow when you inter the room , I pay more than 800 dollars for 4 nights they should give us the renovited one☹️

Breakfast was good, the cleaning people was greating us everytime we past them.

It is really an express, no room service, no shuttle for the airport and not the best location.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Don't forget to bring your adaptor, your food for dinner and your flip flops to have a shower just because the bathroom is not the best clean. The location is far from south beach (about 30 minutes by car) and sawgrass mall (+30 minutes) near to dolphin mall

I did like the breakfast and the bed, super comfy

Not so (Holiday Inn) Express
    • Room Selected at Check-In

They had issues with my reservation & had charged my card 1 night before I even got there then wanted to charge the full amount, which declined. They blamed booking.com but eventually got it together. The elevator got stuck our first day and made me very apprehensive about riding it. There was an arrest our 2nd night there. There were unmarked cars, Hialeah police, US Marshalls, everything.....and we were stuck in our cars for at least 1.5 hours, unable to move while they searched the entire hotel for this person. That was very scary!!! The security guard was no help. He was just as clueless & unprofessional as they come.

The hotel was close to the interstate and only about 15-20 minutes from the Hard Rock Stadium.

Some of the rooms fully renovated and comfortable new bed
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Very disappointed with the staff. Paid for a room with two beds and they refused to give me one saying I didn't pay for it and that I'd have to deal directly with the booking agency. Then I asked for a cart to move luggage from car to room and no one ever showed up. I was told the guy looked for me but I was only out front and inside... I just didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling that the staff cared enough to ensure customers were happy.

Some of the rooms fully renovated and comfortable new bed

I enjoyed it and would definitely come again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Longer breakfast time as some people are on vacation. Staff should be bilingual and cut-off time for breakfast should be smoother. It wasn't nice to just turn off all appliances and take food away at 10:00 a.m. sharp.

Great area, breakfast was nice and the rooms were modern and trendy,

Very poor for the amount of money we spent. I have stayed at much nicer hotels in the area for less
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The people smoking pot in there rooms and stinking up the entire hotel. The fact that the elevators never worked because they are doing construction on the 3rd floor every morning starting at 8am. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, I even had a roll away for my son and it was basically springs with no mattress

The location was close to the field my son was playing at

Worth it
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

They were renovating so a few facilities were inoperable and only one elevator was in oration it was a close proximity to shopping areas however not walkable distance. I would go again once renovations are completed

The room we stayed in was newly renovated so it was nicely laid out and very comfortable with 2 televisions and their breakfast options were also quite nice as they tried to offer just a bit of variety daily

You get what you pay for. Fair. But the humidity in the room is untolerable.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

the humidity inside the rooms is terrible. I stayed here twice ,and it happened twice. So it's not a random event. It was so humid that my passport bent like a spiral!!

the swimming pool. Situated in the backside, it's big enough to swim and get rid of the tiredness of the flights...

My stay was ok.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The place was musty and dusty carpet was old so was furniture. My allergies were raised because of this. I spent one night and after complaining to management was moved to a new room. Only then we found out hotel is under construction. We were very pleased with new room as they had now completed it. We believe once entire building is completed it will be a comfortable hotel. The car park needs more light. Even though security patrols the place is dark and scary. Breakfast was not worth the money.

It was superior to any other hotel I have stayed in hialeah garden,
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Can't think of anything my stay was beyond expectation.

Every thing about the breakfast was good the lay out of the breakfast excellent, with a variety to choose from,

Nightmare Stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reno not mentioned in website. They start drilling on our ceiling at around 8am. We're still resting. Staff are not friendly, cleaner do not speak english. Kuerig coffee maker is not working. Booking.com should require member hotel to inform them If there's any reno going on in any particular hotel. We chose Holiday Inn because of its reputation of being the top of its class. We're DISAPPOINTED. Our feedback "F-". Holiday Inn and Booking.com

Really nice place. Looks like they are currently upgrading this property. Nice place.

Mattress needs replacement.

Close to my final destination. Breakfast has a wide range of choices, includes sausage, bacon, and 3 choices of eggs. Really nice and it's free with your stay.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Excellent stay . The neatness and order of things are on par with the major hotels across Florida.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The receptionist when we checked in .....very curt matter of fact ....not what we are accustomed to

The cleanliness and profound order of things at breakfast

The bed was super soft and fluffy along with the pillows.

The breakfast could be better and the I've machine upstairs was down the entire time however the lobby I've machine is working fine. Positive the hotel will be tremendous once renovations are over.

The bed was super soft and fluffy along with the pillows. Air conditioning was nice hot water was excellent. The room was very cozy. The staff especially the lady that checked us in and out was friendly and amazing.

Not great but acceptable after I spoke to front desk twice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cleaning staff did not clean my room everyday. I had to go to front desk to complain cuz my room was not cleaned when I returned that evening. Another day room was half cleaned. Beds made, towels & garbage pails not taken care of.

Nice staff,food was good for breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Convenient location, Friendly helpful staff with clean comfortable rooms.

Breakfast Choices. Same every day was boring I don't eat eggs, sausage and pancakes every day was boring. There should be some variance daily on the breakfast menu.

The stay would have been better if they didn't have roaches.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was roaches in the bathroom and crawling up the wall. I reported it to the front desk and they didn't absolutely nothing.

The breakfast wasn't bad.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Pleasant stay.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The room was a bit stuffy at first and the a/c was not felt throughout the entire suite.

The breakfast was nice. The bed was comfortable. The Front Desk Clerk, Meloude, was pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Nice stuff.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Smells in the room, big humidity in the room. Can't open the window. It's closed for good. Same breakfast for 12 days on paper plates. Powder scrambled eggs. Only a few tv channels - poor quality.

Nice stuff. Plenty of room during breakfast. Big parking lot. Hot coffee and tea 24 hours available. Fast wifi. Close to restaurants, gas station and Walmart.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Not worth the money

Too much plumbing noise (poor building design), tap in bathroom tubs were half broken, could not sleep at night at all because of noise. Breakfast very average. TV average very minimal choices.

The bed was good, jacuzzi tub was nice.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

not the quality I expected of a Holiday Inn Express
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

1) toilet continue to run; had to jiggle the handle to make it stop; reported it to front desk - problem wasn't corrected 2) knob for turning on the lamp on the nightstand between the beds was difficult to turn off and on - needs to be repaired 3) bugs in the room

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

This hotel and staff made my business trip less stressful
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Door would open to fast and if not held on to would slam against furniture waking neighbors up.need bumper on inside door or a gas shock arm on top.

Breakfast was amazing and front night manager went beyond what was required to accommodate my needs.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Weekend Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The carpets were disgusting, it made the stay Unenjoyable. The water was also hard and left white streaks after showering and the water did not get hot.

The staff was great, beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Fair, expected more for 3 stars
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Kind of small for a suite. Not clean enough for this rank of hotel. Carpets were dirty and smelled a little. Felt stuffy since the A/c did not reach the sofa bed area well. Breakfast could have been better with more frequent restocking of empty dishes.

The location was very convenient. It was generally okay in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Home At Holiday Inn!!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Compared to another Holiday Inn in Florida, the eggs were to wet and the selection of fruits and Bagels were limited.

I enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn. Staff are well trained and extremely helpful. Rooms were nice and clean, beds very comfortable. #1 Hotel for families and small kids.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

A good stay.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

We reported an ant problem which was not rectified.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Everything was great

Everything was great

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Breakfast was great and room was a beauty sleep
    • Room Selected at Check-In

everything was good no complaints

Breakfast was great and room was a beauty sleep

it was average for the most part
    • Room Selected at Check-In

there was no shuttle to and from airport or to any shopping areas.

the room was comfy with both a microwave and refrigerator

• Room Selected at Check-In

The bed was so soft an nice room an property was extremely...

No disappointments

The bed was so soft an nice room an property was extremely clean

Magicalw

No vent in bathroom

like the shower

like the shower

That was my third stay there, I love it

Everything was wonderful,

The room was a bit small but very clean and comfortable.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room was a bit small but very clean and comfortable. The hotel is also close to very good shopping areas.

no comments

no comments

it was ok
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

the distance away from shopping areas

the bed was comfy and breakfast was good

It was clean, friendly staff, close to stores, restaurants.

Clean

Transit in Miami
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Missing shuttle bus to the airport

Nice hotel for transit, 30 minutes from the airport

very satisfied

everything

The elevator was pop down

The elevator was pop down

great
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The breakfast , the hot water to bath

Very nice hotel. I would stay therw again
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There wasn't any milk in the vending machine

The staff was excellent and the hotel was clean

price too expensive

price too expensive

Elevator was not working properly

Elevator was not working properly

The staff was friendly & very helpful, place was clean...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was friendly & very helpful, place was clean & our stay was very comfortable.

I am a repeat. I like the IHG brand.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The poor performance of the wifi

Just about everything.

We received the room dirty with a lot of hair on the bathroom floor
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

January 1st , they started contruction next to my room at 9:30 AM. We can’t rest well at this Hotel because of that.

Parking for my truck trailier

Complete fail by an estalished brand!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

ALL of it could have been better; it was a poor experience, & I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

New remodeled rooms,high quality bedrooms and the bed was fenomenal
    • Room Selected at Check-In

We got a brand new remodeled room,it was more that what I expected,we loved it!

Nice location

The ac is a bet noisy especially next to the bed.

I like the new renoveted rooms and the bathroom.

The pancakes.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The pancakes. Not fluffy, hard to cut

Staff was very helpfull at the front desk
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

One of the elavators did not work .. so waitinig on one was long.. and elevator was not clean

Breakfast was good . and Rooms very good size

It’s was a great stay love the up grade renovations to the rooms

Nothing to dislike

Everything was good

• Room Selected at Check-In

The first room that we had was wet and the telephone was dead

Everything was to my satisfaction

I was pleased with the overall accommodation

Dinner

Breakfast good room comfortable

Helpful Staff
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

old building, but being worked on,

Helpful Staff

The room, one side was hot, the other was cold.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The room, one side was hot, the other was cold. Bathroom has no ventilation.

It was OK, but I may have chosen another hotel if I had known about the renovation in progress
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Hotel was under partial renovation and one of the two elevators was non-operational

Breakfast selection was good