Reviews of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago North Shore - Niles 3 stars

7247 North Waukegan Road, Niles, IL 60714, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Niles

Easy check in and out.
    • King Suite

The electric blinds in the room did not work and the front desk person said I had to move them manually. Did not offer me another room or any other option. I was only staying a short time so did not bother, but it was a handicapped room and if I were handicapped, that would be deal breaker. Sorry, not very good service on their part.

Easy check in and out. Flavored water available in the lobby and the renovations were nice.

Pleasant stay!!

Location isn’t good if you have to travel to downtown, not many restaurants around.

Value for money with good breakfast, clean rooms and facilities like swimming pool and fitness centre to keep you active during your spare time!

Good place to spend the night

Shower pressure very weak. I wish they would make the oatmeal instead of packets to mix with water. Maintenance could be better. Toilet paper holder was loose. Grout missing.

Overall, breakfast was good. Beds were comfortable. Quiet rooms.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Environmental hatefull

The use of single server plastic plates, knives, forks and glass that are then thrown away. Environmental disaster and very disappointed to see it.

Friendly staff.

Your Choice Just my Experience!!

Came to Niles from FL to buy a Home. Booked room 5 days. On day 2 I was in the parking lot (smoking a cigarette) in my Vehicle and was approached by the Police. Asked me what I was doing. Long story short I will not be buying that house in Niles! I found another Hotel for the remainder of my stay. Payed upfront lost out on 3days plus my new Hotel fee! Just Smoke by the Doors!!

Location! Room was clean.

Good but then horrible payment experience
    • King Suite

One thing that my boyfriend and I didn't like was the employees. We checked in (Thursday) and we informed that we wanted to change our payment to a different card. They rushed us and we signed some paperwork for the hotel. We still asked if we can change the cards (Mastercard to Visa). A lady she was nice about it and was hesitant to change the cards, which we understood but she rolled her eyes at us. A male was rude about it and told us that we can change our card payment when we check out. They kept telling us that bookings are the one who charges us, while bookings on the line said they do not charge us and they even called the front desk about it. Anyways we let it go and enjoyed our stay. When we checked out (Sunday), we told the front desk that we want to change the payment for the room onto the Visa card. A day after check out (Monday), the payment went through the mastercard and not on the visa. I called in the morning to confirm and they said it went through the visa which it didn't. Later on that night I called again and it was the same male who checked us in. He was giving me attitude and asking me what I want him to do, I told him I want a refund on the mastercard and charge the room onto the Visa. He got scared when I asked him for a manager. He told me to call bookings and ask them for a refund since they are the one who charged our card. No, bookings did not charge us and bookings called him multiple of times and he did not answer. The funny thing was that he lied to me saying that he was the supervisor and will call me back. No he did not call me back, I called him and he said I told you to call tomorrow morning which he did not say that, when I was the one asking when a supervisor or manager will be in. (Tuesday Morning) I called again and this time a nice gentleman helped me and made sure that I was taken care of. Bookings got involved again and he spoke with bookings about the situation.

This hotel is nice. My boyfriend and I liked how it was close to majority of Korean food and markets. The rooms are nice, comfortable, and very spacey (Kings Suite). This was our second time staying at this hotel and we still enjoyed it.

We were a group of four, divided in two rooms and they ended...

We were a group of four, divided in two rooms and they ended up messing up with the payment, charging both rooms in one credit card despite our directions of charging the rooms separately on two cards.

Dreary suburban hotel with minimal facilities but clean and quiet with a comfortable bed.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

A lower price more in keeping with the level of the facilities.

This dreary suburban motel was a safe harbor when my flight from Chicago O'Hare to San Diego was canceled due to bad weather. It is clean and quiet. Breakfast is OK and has enough choices to satisfy most diets. But there is nothing within reach for meals at night. And the decor is very depressing. I thought it was very overpriced and I would never choose to stay here. They are in business because of bad weather in Chicago I guess.

The beds were very comfortable.

I wish the pool was a little deeper and wish they had a hot tub, but the pool was very nice for just wading in it.

The beds were very comfortable. I felt very safe in the neighborhood. We were on the street side of the hotel, and you could not hear any of the traffic.

Pleasant & comfortable. We will definitely check me again when in Chicsgo

Soap wasn’t replaced each day with other toiletries (but we didn’t specifically pleasant. ask for more)

Comfortable bed & pillow choices. Breakfast choices

The hotel and my room were clean, as well as comfortable and...

Usually I am extremely satisfied with the hotel staff at Holiday Inn Express at this location and every other one I have given my business to. However, this time the gentleman at the front desk was not particularly impressive. He wasn't as pleasant or professional as I have come to expect. Also, I specifically requested for my rooms to be charged on a particular credit card. The card I handed him upon arrival, and not the debit card I originally held my reservation with, and he charged it anyway.

The hotel and my room were clean, as well as comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was pretty good also with a variety of selections.

Friendly staff and appeared very clean and well kept. Hope incidents above are isolated.

2:30 am people in next room, with adjoining door, arrived and began talking loudly as one took a shower and the other one yelled back and forth to each other. This went on for an hour. Second night around 2:30 am the front desk man came to our room and knocked on the door and woke us up. He said, "you have a bug in your room" I replied, "what"? He said, "You called about a bug in you room." I said, "No I did not," and he said okay and left. Needless to say we never got back to sleep and only imagined what kind of bug someone called about!

Appeared to be very clean and staff was friendly. Housekeeping and dietary staff were very accommodating. Lady at front desk very friendly and helpful.

In town for a birthday party!

Entry way was planking flooring, and a previous guest must have broken a bottle of perfume floor was sticky and room smelled like old lady perfume. There was also some confusion at check out, our flight was later in the day so we requested a late check out, well as we were loading our rental car we got locked out because it was last the check out time, but not past the extended time we requested, also housekeeping tried to enter our room, so I feel there could of been better communication with front desk and housekeeping when it came to a late check out.

New hotel, very nice decor in the room and the lobby, close to a Starbucks and CVS and gas station (all walking distance) Free parking in lot attached to hotel. Room had desk chair and arm chair as well as ample storage for suit case and other bags TV was wall mounted so room was very modern. Keurig in room and mini fridge. Entry in room was plank flooring not carpet which was very nice. Got approved for a late checkout due to our flight being later in the day.

A comfortable and modern hotel.

The only complaint I have is the heating unit sounded like an eighteen wheeler was parked outside our window.

Actually, I really liked the eggs and the bedding.. the nightlight in the bathroom was much appreciated. Our room was spacious and clean. Lots of hanging and suitecase space. Loved the room darkening shades.

not good

they charged me an extra $25.00 for what from my credit xt they call an incidental fee which was not noted on the bill I pd, i had a receipt saying a pd 124,25 and the next day on my bank account it said they charged me 149.25, I had to call my bank to get my money back, what a bunch of sleazeballs

free breakfast was a joke, horrible food.

Was out all day during my entire stay and unhappy to come back in a dirty room.

Cleaning people left the bathroom floor ,sink, and tub dirty during my entire stay Cleaning lady left the room ,bed,trash uncleaned even after I informed to come back at 9:00am .(no disturbed sign ) Coffee supplies were not replenished during my entire stay.

The location and parking for disabled were great. The breakfast lounge is what I was looking for. The coffee machine in the lobby is a great service.

When I arrived police were in lobby talking with someone for...

When I arrived police were in lobby talking with someone for a very long time. Very uncomfortable when checking in. Then my door would not lock/latch to my room. They did move me fairly quickly to another room.

very good, but far from downtown area

I found it to be a bit expensive for something that's really far away from downtown Chicago. it's basically, to me, in the middle of no where.

Really friendly staff, nicely newly renovated hotel. Really perfect.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Exceeded my expectations.

Nothing. Top shelf

Nice place. Classy joint. Very current with today's decor. Comfortable clean no odors quiet. Very impressive. Front desk personnel were terrific.

Good hotel but away from the city.

Far from the main areas (downtown). Amenities quality could be improved.

Clean and properly facilitated. Had amenities, room was spacious and regularly cleaned. Provided towels daily too.

Clean, well appointed for price

Thought it was closer to O'Hare airport. Cost US$25-30 each way by taxi (not the hotel's fault though!)

Facilities, staff, service, price all good. Huge bed, soft and comfy. Iron useful. Coffee machine in room and free 24/7 in lobby. Breakfast was pleasant. Didn't have time to see or use swimming pool. Check in/out easy and felt welcomed. Outside seating for those who want to enjoy the sunshine or to smoke. Enjoyed my overnight stay and thanks to David who arranged my taxi.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Good hotel for a short stay near from O'Hare Airport.

The internet connection wasn't so fast. The room wasn't as clean as I expected, I founded glass marks on the desk and other person's hairs on the bedsheet. The breakfast was ok.

Good hotel for a short stay near from O'Hare Airport. The fitness center is very nice.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The Staff behind the desk were very friendly and made me...

The Staff behind the desk were very friendly and made me laugh after the long trip up there. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I was only there for a day, but I wish I could have stayed longer!

Clean & up to date.

Clean & up to date.

The rooms were a nice size and clean. The walk in shower was big enough for me and my husband to shower together.😁

Happy visitor

Most amazing coffee 🤪

Clean pool

The hotel is well maintained.

small details such as shower cap or breakfast items could be checked to make sure items did not expire.

The hotel is well maintained.

I would stay here again.

The location, staff, and rooms were great! It's just minutes away from downtown Chicago.

the HOME away from HOME!

the HOME away from HOME! HighLy recommended!

Everything about it was nice.
    • Standard Room

Everything about it was nice.

Excellent over all stayed two nights winderfull room large...

Excellent over all stayed two nights winderfull room large and ver very clean!

Spacious clean rooms, good breakfast, good facilities

Spacious clean rooms, good breakfast, good facilities

I loved the bed and the room as a whole!

I wish the breakfast would have been better

I loved the bed and the room as a whole!

Clean, comfortable,

Pillow

Clean, comfortable,

Good Place To Stay

Not many places to eat around it and take out food was limited.

Very comfortable and had good continental breakfast.

friendly and good location.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

friendly and good location. breakfast is good.

Beautiful hotel, spotless with the most comfortable beds...

Beautiful hotel, spotless with the most comfortable beds ever. The rooms are huge and have the most modern amenities!!

Liked it.

Facility

New facility with friendly staff and great breakfast, but located on Milwaukee and Waukegan Road at a cross-road

Really friendly receptionist, very helpful and lovely. Close to airport.

Breakfast on the polystyrene plates.... cinnamon rolls yummy though.

Room very comfortable after a long day travelling.

Our Grandkids really enjoyed the pool!
    • Suite

Our bathtub was dangerously slippery.

Our Grandkids really enjoyed the pool!

A very new and clean hotel.

A very new and clean hotel.

Great value for money who has to stay close to the airport.

All was good.

The room was clean and renovated. Very good breakfast included. Friendly staff.

It was awesome

Everything was perfect

The room was clean and the staff was nice.everthing was close and convenient.

Nice stay.

Very clean.

The hotel was modern & clean.

The hotel was modern & clean. Breakfast included a lot of options.

Excellent hotel

Room was tastefully decorated and very clean. Bed was very comfy.

Lillian is a wonderful property manager.

Lillian is a wonderful property manager. She handles issues and impediments with ease and grace.

Fair enough

No hot tub in the room

Facility very clean

During 8 nights that I was in the Hotel, almost did not...

During 8 nights that I was in the Hotel, almost did not change dishes on a breakfast. But it was tasty.

All was fine fine

The bed comfort

Gym

I coming back soon

Nothing I'm happy

I had an amazing stay at ur location thank u

It was fine I just did not like that you charge for parking

That you charge for parking I've been to several hotels that do not charge

relaxing

i loved everything

staff, cleanliness, breakfast and the pool

Quite and clean. It was a nice stay. I like to stay next time as well when I visit Chicago again.

Quality of breakfast food.

A clean room and friendly staff.

Friendly staff.

Waffle maker was out of order.

Friendly staff. Clean. Quiet. Close to places where we were visiting.

Only thing I did not like was that I had a late checkout and...

Only thing I did not like was that I had a late checkout and one of the cleaning people just walked right into my room while I was still there

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Lovely hotel

Exceptional clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Front desk clerk was pleasant and professional, per usual,...

Front desk clerk was pleasant and professional, per usual, at Holiday Inn Express. Hotel and room were extremely clean and my stay was comfortable.

Nice clean spacious

No restaurant in hotel

Nice clean spacious

Stayed night with friend
    • King Suite

Great staff , was quite all night

Clean and proper.

Clean and proper.

GREAT

THE POOL WAS COLD

I love the Hotel.

I love the Hotel. Very comfortable.

It was conveniently located to every place we needed to go. Everthing was easily accessed.

No table with chairs

We liked everything. The only thing I would like to see is a table with 2 chairs to sit in the room.

Well equipped, very comfortable room in a quite location.

Well equipped, very comfortable room in a quite location. Close to relatives we were visiting. Pleasant staff, generous breakfast.

It was good.

No shuttle bus to the airport.

Hotel was new and the staff was very friendly.

Couldnt fault it in anyway

Further out than thought..my fault

No faults

Excelente atencion

Excelente atencion

I thought the overall vibe was great and the cleanliness was amazing

Shuttle service to airport would have been a good thing

Bed was very comfortable. Cleanliness was excelkent

The silverware for breakfast was terrible.

The silverware for breakfast was terrible. Couldn't cut a pancake.

Bed was super comfortable.

Typical breakfast. Not really cooked on site. Toast was fine.

Bed was super comfortable. Property was relatively new, well done with good staff

Perfect

Great place, friendly professional employees

Aus_friend

A bit pricey but okay I guess

Nice and clean

My precious stay here did not have any cleanliness issues.

Lint on carpet in halls and room. Tile floors were dirty.

Comfy bed