Reviews of Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park - University Area 2 stars

9020 Baltimore Avenue, College Park, 20740, USA

#2 of 11 hotels in College Park

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Fine for what we were looking for.
    • Executive Suite - Non-Smoking

I'm glad an earlier reviewer had commented on the lack of hairdryer--the amenities were no frills (no plastic cup for ex. in the bathroom). The first person we spoke with provided a helpful Metro map but neglected to tell us that the shuttle isn't available from 1 to 3, or that we could "reserve" a seat on it for the following day. While I did end up reserving a seat, the counter person the next day said she didn't have a note about it and would have to call the shuttle driver. So everything turned out fine but you have to stay on top of everyone.

Everything was clean and pretty much as expected--free wifi, parking, shuttle to Metro, and so-so breakfast. Room was Executive Suite which was perfect for looking at colleges with my son--2 bathrooms and tvs, and a door between his room (fold out couch) and my room.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Excellent facilities.

The only complaint is that there was no arm chair in the room, so it was difficult to read unless I sat on the bed.

Excellent facilities. Good breakfast.

Great Location for UMD Family Weekend. All in all would stay again.
    • Executive Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms not as clean as I would expect. Late night front desk night staff not very helpful. Plenty of upset stomach medicine for purchase, but nothing for headache.

Room was nice. Pillows were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

New or fairly new facility.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Non-existent staff, almost never at the counter. Horrible breakfast. Noisy location.

New or fairly new facility. Room, although basic, has everything one needs

The bed was comfortable.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff gave an outsider a key to my room without my permission. Someone who I knew that knew I was staying there came by without my knowledge and the front desk gave him a key to my room.

The bed was comfortable.

Would stay again
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing about the place was bad. I wish that they had an ice machine on every floor but that's no big deal and the hallway smelled a little like water, like a pool was nearby but not dirty, but the room smelled and looked nothing but clean.

The room was updated and very nice bed was comfy. Couldn't hear the road outside at all. I loved that they had a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker in the room. The shades over the window actually kept the light out which was a nice change. The breakfast was good and lots of different options which was nice. They had good wifi and free movie channels on the TV. We were able to use the hotel computer and printer to print off some tickets easily with no charges for using it.

Eggs were salty, breakfast room was large and comfy.

Eggs were salty, breakfast room was large and comfy. Pool was nice, clean, but they were out of towels by dinner time. Loved the coffee/water station. Staff was super-friendly, even though they were totally booked. Close to UM where we toured.

Too utilitarian, but clean.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Very sparse and utilitarian with little ambience. Not very attractive. Bed high off ground as was sink and counter. Not all of us are that tall. Thermostat did not allow for low fan to remain on to block out street traffic noise .

In area I visited. Fairly easy to locate. Coffee station in lobby. Breakfast available. Clean.

Nice hotel and good value in College Park, close to UMD
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The new bed was incredibly comfortable. I liked the modern European style of the rooms and bed linens. USB charging ports by the bed. The bathroom was modern, well laid out and functional. Free coffee in the lobby at all times and coffee/tea in the rooms. Lots of TV channels and some movie channels. Well located to UMD and downtown College Park. Good value and I would stay there again.

Excellent. Will return when I am in area.

The front desk person was very personable and helpful. Engaging and professional. Made you feel welcome. The breakfast was very good and the breakfast area was very clean .

The staff was very nice and helpful.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean. I was doing some work at the National Archives at College Park, and the hotel is very conveniently located for this.

Our room was located on the main floor.

Our room was located on the main floor. Very noisy and busy traffic outside our door had no end. We were not able to sleep until almost 2:30 am. The worst experience ever!

Our room was located on the main floor. Very noisy! We were not able to sleep until almost 2:30 am. The worst experience ever!

Clean, new, friendly place to say - excellent value for money!

nothing!

Staff was incredible - was there during a snow storm and they went out of their way to make sure my cab was there for me. Extremely clean, excellent breakfast - would stay there again in a heart beat!

Very comfortable stay during a difficult time.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, there was so working fan in the bathroom, no light by the door so had to walk in dark to other side of room for lamp,and a lamp and coffee pot needed to be replaced.

Very comfortable bed with both firm and soft pillows. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning! Nice continental breakfast!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was better than we expected - including breakfast - and for such a reasonable price.

Superb staff. We requested a quiet room and got a top floor corner room overlooking a golf course and enjoyed complete quiet - even 'though we were located on (Baltimore Road) Route 1, College Park, MD

Cleanliness, courteous and friendly staff.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a large group that decided to have a little too much fun around 1:00am. Woke us up from our sleep....I would recommend added security walk the floors....since this was on the 8th floor.

Cleanliness, courteous and friendly staff.

Perfect!
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was clean and comfortable. I really appreciate it. There are microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee machine (with some capsules for making coffee and tea bags), iron, case in the room. But be careful if you travel from Europe. There is american type plug, take an adapter or usb charger cable for your phone, fortunately, there some usb ports in the wall along with the plugs.

Nice stay, efficient service, a tad expensive vs. location.

Noisy when kids in corridor; doors not sound-proofed enough (perfect regarding outside noise). Still a bit too expensive considering that this is not the best location in College Park. The way to the breakfast area is a bit dull to say the least. Could use some decoration. Everything else quite good indeed.

Very new hotel, latest comfort and equipment standards. Pleasant stay. Nice breakfast selection.

I was only passing through for one night but it was clean, comfortable and staff were nice.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast so-so but coffee was hot. Slip down to the College Park Diner down the road for good value, good food breakfast.

convenient location for me, not far from Metro and has shuttle. Comfortable room, clean.

It was a great stay.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the fact that when we went out for the day and came back to the room, they had not taken the trash from our room. We had lined it up by the garbage and came back to find it still there.

I loved the room, it was very spacious and comfortable.

It was a lot nicer and cleaner then I thought based upon...
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

I wish they had a shuttle going back and forth to stadium multiple times on game days

It was a lot nicer and cleaner then I thought based upon reviews.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was great to have a shuttle service to the nearby Metro stations, although the public bus routes were also convenient (except on Sunday evening, but then the shuttle did not run either).

Serviceable, priced right
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

My shower never got hot water, so I took a pretty cold shower. The hot water worked in the sink, but not in the shower.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean

Perfect location
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

We were in a room in the basement of the hotel. The bedding and carpet were damp, and the laminate flooring was wet. It appeared to be from condensation from the air conditioner, coupled with poor ventilation in the room. The second room we were in, while much better than the basement room, had a raised threshold from the bed area to the bathroom. I almost tore a toenail off on that threshold. The parking was limited, but I will give the benefit of the doubt on that, since it appeared to be under construction. And the breakfast was not appealing, other than the cinnamon rolls. It appeared that is was only stocked one time.

We were in a room in the basement of the hotel. The bedding and carpet were damp, and the laminate flooring was wet. The staff took care of that by moving us the second night. All the staff I encountered, from the man who checked us in, to the following front desk folks, were great. Very helpful. The second night, when we were moved to the 6th floor, where the room was not damp, was great. It was just my son and I, and it was the perfect room for us. The location was great, as he attended football camp at the Univerity of Maryland on Saturday.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

New renovations

Could hear the occupants in the room next door constantly going in and out to the point it sounded like they were trying to enter my room; being as though the room were off in a nook

New renovations

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Great value for money!

Overall great value for money. Property is in a convienient location in proximity to restaurants and public transportation in the area. Impressive indoor and out door upgrades. Best breakfast when compared with other Holiday Inns that I've stayed in.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Breakfeast could have better choices.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Stayed in room 423 that is a new remodel?? The heat / ac unit was very noisy, broken plastic vibrating loudly. The shower wall had a crack in it. Floor was unlevel badly that the fridge would rock back and forth when trying to open. You could feel the drop when walking to bathroom. The door frame had shifted enough it was binding and you could see out the bottom left of door.Poor quality control. I stayed in a better room 2weeks prior on the 7th floor.

Breakfeast could have better choices.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

I've been at most hotels on Baltimore Avenue, and this...
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

No food in walking distance, but this applies to all the hotels on Baltimore Avenue.

I've been at most hotels on Baltimore Avenue, and this is the best value for money I've seen! Recently rebranded Holiday Inn, it is being now fully renovated, rooms are in excellent new conditions, the gym is not crowded, and the pancake machine at breakfast is fun. Strongly recommended.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Excellent place for NARA II researchers

I cleaned hotels while I was an undergrad so I am extremely picky about the housekeeping. All the linens in this hotel are new and very clean, the staff was well managed and friendly and I even got to know the manager during my stay. I was doing research at NARA II, and the shuttle was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Not much.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Construction was going on in the hallway and room next door beginning at 8am. We had the room until 11am. I called the front desk to ask the loud noise to stop. Noise never stopped. Couldn't sleep or hear tv. Very unhappy.

Not much. Breakfast was average.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

positive thanks to the staff and cleanness.

The elevator was too noisy and, as we stayed in the near room (114) we had difficulty to fall asleep...

The staff was very friendly and professional

My stay was great. This is my second stay here

Ice bucket was in the bathroom area on my first night

Breakfast could be more spacious. Gets overcrowded quickly.. More variety with menu ice

Visiting my daughter at UMD and felt very safe.

Visiting my daughter at UMD and felt very safe. Recently renovated. Comfortable accommodations. Right off 95.

Breakfast items were a bit subpar.

Easy check-in and transition to the room. The employees where pleasant and patient.

It was clean

Last day we didnt have water

Last day we didnt have water

Clen and comfortable bead

Cozy and clean

Everything was good and perfect
    • Executive Suite - Non-Smoking

Prices was a little too high for one night

Customer service and welcoming

There for graduation. It was raining all weekend. Would have been nice to have a bar restaurant

No bar

The staff were super nice. Luis !!! Gene !!!

Room was impressive

Breakfast was great

Room was impressive

Comfortable Bed.

Comfortable Bed. Very Clean Room.

It's always my go to place now that my son is a college freshman living in DC!

The staff is always very accommodating! The breakfast is a nice added touch!

Great Stay!

Really close to the highway and easy to get to DC. There were lots of places to eat nearby as well. Mr. Eugene was really nice and helpful!

I was charged for extras services that I did not use

Was a bit relaxing and accessible,,but tell your cleaners to do more.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

cleaning should be improved a little more ,,,especially for the room I put up??

Location of the Hotel

N/a

The peace of mind I got staying there

I didn’t like that They didn’t take cash

I didn’t like that They didn’t take cash

Breakfast wads Okay, room very clean.
    • Executive Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be improved.

Breakfast wads Okay, room very clean. Bed comfortable.

Out of this world. Best hotel experience I ever had

Different breakfast ideas

The Staff was amazing

The bed was way too soft, sank in the middle.

The bed was way too soft, sank in the middle.

Value

Very outdated

The suite was spacious

The bed was very comfty, chairs and set up was nice
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Did not like pancakes. Room was in the corner, it seemed like a tight space gettn in the room

The bed was very comfty, chairs and set up was nice

Overall everything was good,
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Someone put a do not disturb sign on my door so my room wasn’t clean when I got back from work.Food in surrounding area is quite unpleasant.

I loved it. Me and my girlfriend had a great time, and we were able walked everywhere.

Out door snoking

Location and room

We'll be back! The price is affordable!

The thin walls!

The staff and The cleanliness of the building!

Excellent location, redesigned rooms

Excellent location, redesigned rooms

Newly constructed

Newly constructed

Great value. Would definitely stay there again.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Great location , close to University of Maryland campus. Able to walk to the stadium.

Everything was great besides the buffet Breakfast which is not a variety eggs and sausage are nasty

Breakfast is not good

Nice comfortable bed clean room and bathroom

The room was very modern it was really nice just like the...
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very modern it was really nice just like the pictures in the website

Comfortable and relaxing stay.

Room lighting

Staff, breakfast, clean rooms and bathrooms

Would return again 👍

For us seniors wanted the room a little warmer but the GREAT staff gave us all the blankets we needed!

OK

We were charged an extra $20. Why?

Modern facility

Proximity to University of Maryland

Proximity to University of Maryland

I had a great time

I had a great time

Uncomfortable sleeping

Bedding

My bed sheets were not clean.

Room on 7th floor

Having to go to different floor for ice

Room on 7th floor