Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Florida Mall 3 stars

8820 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809, USA

#354 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Neighbood around seemed sckechy. Not much they could do about that. And someone's car did get stole out of parking lot while we were there. But they did have lots of cameras and cops showed up fast when reported. But again nothing the hotel could do about that.

Beds were super soft, rooms were extremely nice! A Lot better than I expected when we pulled up. Within 15-20 from all the attractions. And lots of food nearby! Staff was super friendly and a great little breakfast each morning!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrived at the front desk to check in I was not greeted or helped. There was a man on a computer and texting on his phone and he never acknowledged me. After a few minutes of standing there in silence I asked if I could check in and he barks at me and says one minute. He never looked up. Then after a few more minutes of silence a very pleasant woman approached the counter and checked me in. Once we got in the room I tried to call the front desk for extra bedding and discovered the phone in the room was not connected. I walked back to the front desk and again this very rude man was behind the counter staring at the computer and did not acknowledge me. I asked for 2 pillows and 2 blankets and he looked very annoyed and repeated what I had just said to him in a sarcastic voice. I said yes that is what I want. He then dissapeared to a room next to the from desk and come back 5 minutes later with what I had asked for. The breakfast is all carb's. There is no fruit or yogurt. There were no towels by the pool.

The suite I stayed in was very spacious. There were six of us in the room and it did not feel crowded. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. I love that we had 2 bathrooms. Also our room had a patio that faced the pool and it was easy for the children to go from the pool to the room.

Outside kind of sketchy looking. Great location in "the hood" didn't like the large glass patio door.

Room was nice and clean. Beds super comfortable great location.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It rain when I was out there, have to leave a day early, spoke to Amilcar at Book.com to get refund for early day that I Left. He said they refund me for $53.08, hope booking keep there word. Thanks.

near by attractions and restaurants.

The only hot breakfast option was a waffle. The kids pool looks like a hot tub. Was difficult to drive into hotel with constant traffic. During our stay the water unexpectedly was shut off and was unaware when it would come back on. Check in took a while. When needed information at front desk either person did not know area or was on phone with a personal call. Needed maintence and came later the next day.

The beds were comfier than expected. Rooms were very clean and has a nice balcony. Checkout was easy and one large pool. Even a kids pool. People were quiet and respectful and breakfast was on time. Housekeeping came later in the day so it did not interuppt sleep.

First day house keeping came really early so next day we left the room for about 4 hours and when we got back they had not come in. They dont change the sheets everyday, just remake the bed. And the water was out for about 4 hours one day.

Even with the house keeping issues it was clean and beds were great

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast selection was a bit dull. Apart from that, its all good.

Comfortable large room. Friendly helpful staff. Location is good as long as you have a car.

they tried to tell us we couldnt take breakfast back to our rooms that if we did we would get a $20 extra room charge?

easy to check in easy to check out no hassle...wifi was really strong and free. :)

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Place under construction water bugs all over the place. Marijuana being sold and smoked on premises .

They’re was a flood in room. Bug in room. Bathroom was disgusting, couldn’t shower . It’s a shame this facility is open. I want a refund.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Doesn’t offer shuttle service to the parks. Breakfast is not good. Very simple. Breads, waffle and cereals. Coffee and juice.

Good location. Restaurants and Florida Mall are close. If you are going to Disney and universal parks you need to rent a car. But you have to pay the car parking charge in the parks. The room is really big. The bathroom is nice and there are good amenities. The room is perfect for who want to pay cheap charges and sleep only. I didn’t have problems with security as well.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was all carbs, so that was disappointing. We had to switch rooms because the AC was broken. WiFi didn’t reach our second room. The keys don’t like to work sometimes. No shuttle.

The room was very clean. I would rate it a 6.5. Although there is no fridge. It was about 15 miles from the parks. It’s a good place to crash at the end of the day, and that’s about it.

The breakfast has a little choices but good

They have these queen bed room it is very comfy and the reception staff were extremely freindly and so helpful I lost my stroller at the airport and they gave me one for free to use

Welcome to the hood! Crackhead a few buildings down. Everyone including staff watching as we were in the pool. We ha to change rooms because toilet was leaking.

For the price it was convenient. It had complimentary breakfast . Bagels, coffee, donuts, Yogurt, and waffles.

No comfortable chairs in rooms. Lighting in room very limited. No vending machines. Ice machine didn't work at times. Business Center wasn't functioning. No eggs at breakfast.

Beds were comfortable. Pool area is outstanding. Service cleaning staff was very friendly and thorough.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The worst breakfasts I have ever had in a hotel. Horrible.

Good price. Free parking. Very friendly person at the reception Good price but do not demand luxury. I recommend for 3 nights.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed sheets and comforter had several yellow stains. When we notified the lobby, they only gave us one single sheet and we were freezing all night. The replaced sheets also had stains. The shower did not have the proper curtain and water fell all over the bathroom floor every time you took a shower. There was no water in the hotel room or lobby.

The complimentary breakfast and distance from Disney World.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No tv for kids and the pool was ice cold

The bed was awesome not so much for the kids and also would have been nice if there had been atv for the kids Free breakfest was great

Well first and formost there was no staff on site the entire night. I couldn’t find the laundry room. When I finally did, the washer machine didn’t work. After a few kicks it finally started but, wasn’t working very well. There was 4 or us and we only had two towels in the bathroom. The toilet was disgusting and so was the sink!!

That they had a pool and the room was big.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I got there at 1am and I got a king suite and the air conditioner was not getting cold in the bed room. I told the lady at the front desk and told her I would wait until morning for maintenance to come. I checked in at the front desk at 7am the following morning and told her we would be gone all day and to please get maintenance to go in before the evening. We got back at 6pm that evening and the air conditioner still wasn’t working. I went to the front desk and asked to switch rooms and the lady said they were sold out and so maintenance finally went to the room. The maintenance men couldn’t understand English and just kept saying it was fixed. I even called a close friend who is Chinese to have him translate. I ended up telling the front desk it wasn’t fixed and they finally offered to switch my room and by this point my 3 year old autistic son and my best friend were already asleep for the night. I was told management would give me a call and refund some of my money. I spent 3 nights and the air conditioner was never fixed nor was any of my money refunded.

This property was and is absolutely disgusting. The rooms smell awful and are old and out of date. Got to my room- NO towels and the TV didn't work. The rooms have this smell of wet damaged carpet and the air blowing in the room was disgusting. I checked out immediately the following morning. I didn't even sleep well. Paid for the one night. The next day. My credit card was charged again as if I was still at the hotel and when I called no one could tell me why but immediately reversed the charge. 0 stars- not even 1.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

At night, the outside seemed unsafe. I wouldn't allow my teenagers to walk next door to the store. Older property needing facelift

Once inside, my room was much better. Really good breakfast and entire staff was awesome!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The Wi-Fi does not work. And they know it doesn't work after you leave the lobby. They will tell you that you have to come to the lobby to use the Wi-Fi.

Clean and comfortable beds. The male who works at the front desk was extremely nice and down to earth. Check in was quick.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel needs serious renovations. It smells stuffy. It was supposed to be non smoking but people were smoking in their rooms so was bad. I checked in late and it took over an hour to check me in. The staff was complaining she was tired , hungry and sleepy. She was actually dozing off while checking me in and disoriented. They were rude. I didn’t have Kleenex and soap in my room and called they asked me to come down myself to get it . It’s really not a place I want to visit again I’m sorry to say.

Location was awesome close to free way and everything

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff could be a little friendlier but the facility is nice and clean and I slept like an angel, am not sure if it was because i was tired or because the bed actually felt like i was on a cloud.... either way it was a good stay.

There was not clean the bed had yellow spot on bed Smell bad the carpet like to old I found cockroaches The breakfast was very poor ,the employee are not nice and smiled

There was no wifi in the hotel - building B - had to come to the lobby to get.The breakfast was incomplete during the week only some items being available. Full breakfast over the weekend.

The breakfast only had orange juice the last of the 3 days we were there. There was no sausage the first day and the old eggs were mixed in with the new ones. Our last breakfast there was the best because we had Yvette in the dining room. The other person there did not seem to care about her job. Our bathroom door would not latch either. Many of the hallway doors were locked, creating a fire hazard.

Yvette in housekeeping was the best. She was very kind and caring about the guests as well as the job she had to.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

They started closing the breakfast before 9 a.m. and we barely got time to grab something.

the Front desk person was great. We checked in super late and she was there to greet us in the morning also.

Ran out of sausage 15 minutes into breakfast time frame. Eating area was very small and overly crowded. Breakfast time was a bit like Hunger Games. Getting to the waffle maker took acts of skill and deception. Room was shabby and dirty. Neighborhood was VERY SCARY, drunk guy wandering around the parking lot yelling in the morning, young woman at the gas station next door soliciting men.

Only good part of the breakfast was the waffles. Staff was helpful.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was smelled and stinky. Poor wifi. Both my cell phone and macbook can not pick up the signal. The breakfast is 6:00-10:00am. I arrived around 7:30am. Only bread slices were still available. Sausage was gone, asked for more. The answer was we run out of sausage, no more! But the breakfast time just started about 1hr ago!

Location is good. Next to the Florida Turnpike.

The hotel is supposedly undergoing renovations but we stayed a week and NEVER saw anyone renovating, painting, or building. There are 4 buildings in this property and when you are outside by the pool area you can see at least two of the buildings are just used for storage. There were constantly couches outside, stacks of garbage cans, stacks of mattresses, that you can see either outside or through the open curtains in other buildings. The laundry area is very small with no garbage can so there was piles of lint and dryer sheets all over the floor. Our room smelled like it had just been sprayed with insecticide. After telling the front desk this we went for dinner and came back and it was so strong with air freshener that we could barely breathe and we had to open the sliding door. My in-laws also stayed at this hotel and they had a ground floor but their sliding door was sealed shut so they could not open their sliding door at all. The carpeting has stains in our room and through the hallways. Our room also had ink pen from a child drawing on the wall. There was no way any of us would have taken a bath in our tub its had probably sat uncleaned for sometime it looked very dirty and stained. The bathroom was very small had no ventilation. The bathroom had torn wallpaper in spots in the fan was clogged with dust.Whenever someone took a shower it's teamed up the entire room not just the bathroom. Our bedding cover had cigarette burns in it. The breakfast area was a joke. You never knew what if anything would be left for breakfast if you came down after 8. The breakfast ran from 6 to 9. Our second day there my husband came down at 8:05 and they were out of eggs & sausage. He was told they would get some more but then 10 minutes later was told by the same worker that they were not going to bring any more out. The next 2 days after that they were out of coffee and syrup and did not have any eggs or sausage at all.

The exterior landscaping was nice. The beds were comfortable.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was to be from 6-9AM. At 8:15, there was very little left to choose from. The staff person was making the comment to customers thath they needed to get to the breakfast area earlier to have a better selection. I'm not sure if the food supply was gone, or that she wanted to clean up and close.

I will never stay here again. Our room was dirty, paint was peeling from walls, bathroom was not clean and the person in the room next door played LOUD music all night long. Within 5 minutes of getting into the room my son began having a terrible allergy attack. We arrived late in the evening after a long drive or I would have left the hotel that night. I contacted the front desk about moving to another room and was told that was not possible. I cancelled our second night reservation and we were out of the room by 7 am the next day. The front desk was rude and not helpful at all. The loud music persisted until about 4 am.

The room had a old musty smell. Breakfast was very disappointing....breakfast hours are from 6 am till 9 am but they ran out of hot food by 7:30 am, limited supply of hot coffee. Tried speaking to the staff about breakfast and it almost felt like they are used to these issues.

Location of the hotel...easy to get on or off the highway

No meat on the continental breakfast. I was promised internet wifi access and not one day did I have it in our building. Every day I complained because I needed to work and make plans for our trip. I asked to be moved and they couldn’t do that. I was promised each day that WiFi would be back up in our building but it never was. Very disappointed in Baymont.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Although the property was undergoing a revovation the rooms and common areas were quite clean and the staff was extra friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

The bed linen was changed in the room, but the room was not cleaned well enough. on the day of arrival did not give a receipt for payment and on the next day we were already asked whether we paid for the room. there were questions, but failed to verify the payment upon eviction we were told that the computer does not work

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Since the Baymont is so close to the hotel, I feel that breakfast should be served earlier to accommodate travelers that have to leave early. If unable to serve a full breakfast at that time I feel that even coffee, juice and pastry would be better then nothing. Other then that one complaint I enjoyed my stay at Baymont Inn.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. My room had a very comfortable bed and I slept a good nights sleep.

The A/C had a timer that we could never stop or turn off. So we had a little of a scuttle with it at night to keep turning it on. There was a concierge (last name Ortiz) who was extremely rude and rough with the guests everytime he got approached; he was the only one we encountered there with that attitude.

The beds were extremely comfy and the room was clean. The mini fridge worked perfectly and the water heater was extra hot (loved it!). The hotel looked clean and nice. The breakfast area invited you to just sit down and eat. The breakfast was good.They are remodeling the area and still manage to keep the place clean and homy. The overall staff was nice. It is right across from the Florida Mall and about 20 minutes from the Outlets.

WiFi wasn’t working at all, very little breakfast choices. Bed wasn’t to comfy. There was a train right next to the property that was very loud.

Staff was nice

About a dozen 18” long black hairs in the bed, between sheets. I have very short silver hair. Bathroom in disrepair and very dirty.

Good location friendly staff microwave and frig

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not like the smoking outside the hallways because the smoke smell carried down the hallway into the rooms. There were also multiple people sitting at the pool drinking hard liquor and smoking. The pool was also very dirty.

The rooms were very spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel just needs some overall clean-up and maintenance. We believed it was a good value for what we were looking for.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No elevator,the room got really cold in the middle of the night,they booked someone else into our room at like 11 are night! I'm falling asleep and all of a sudden I hear someone putting a key card into the door and trying to turn the handle! This goes on for a little while and then stops. Then they come back probably with a new "key" and try again. Then I get up and I proceed to talk to then and call the front desk. The lady at the front desk doesn't apologize or anything. We had to be up at 4:30 in the morning for our flight to with two toddlers who got woken up by all of this... Breakfast wasn't served until 7am a little late in my opinion. We couldn't check out no one at the desk at quarter to 6.

It was a room to crash in after a long day of traveling.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room stank to high heaven, like a mixture of dog poop and dead rat. The staff is not rude, just apathetic. Carb heavy breakfast, I had to buy cheese and salami at the 7 Eleven. Noisy at night, the walls are thin, hard to sleep. Felt on edge my whole stay. Just a sketchy cheap motel in Orlando.

Convenient location on S. Orange Blossom Trail, near the Florida Mall. Next to a restaurant and 7 Eleven, across the street from a Waffle House. No bed bugs, thank God.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Fabulous stay and I will return. Location is ideal for major theme parts (within 15 mins drive)and airport (within 10 mins drive).The attention given to each guest’s stay is subtle and well thought out. We stayed in one of the suite and found it extremely clean,very comfortable and spacious with just update Room facilities are good - fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Beds are very comfy. The pool was great too, with nice pool furniture.There was even a small gym.Hotel facilities, again for the price paid, are awesome. There is a breakfast included with the rate that has a good variety of items. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I would consider this Hotel in the future.

Unpleasant smell in room. Had to go purchase fabrezz to try to cover odor. The breakfast was a joke. The "attendant" was not helpful, needs fired. Equipment was not working. Instead of trying to help people, just shut stuff off and went in the back. Was supposed to be a balcony, door was not openable. Carpet in room was very stained ,

The only thing good was the bed

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast closed an hour early and was limited Blankets and carpet were stained Appliances fell apart Pool was freezing Staff did not have anything we asked for

Room was spacious

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was smaller than what was booked.The pull out bed had two flimsy mattresses. I could feel a bar running across my back then it had two sink holes. Most uncomfortable sleep ever.

The staff tried to be accommodating.

Management and no leak of Air Conditioner

The air conditioning was leaking and I got sick, no energy and very bad headache and my eyes hurt. The manager wasn’t helpful enough and he knew that the leak was there but put me in there anyway, it was the 3rd day before I noticed the smell and I got another room then but the damage was already done. C.

No elevator, the room smelled like cigarettes, the decor is out of date, I asked for early check- in since I drove for 3 hours with 2 small children but ended up driving around for an additional 2 hours since I had to wait for 3pm check in.

The location.

Everything! Roof leaking in my room, exit doors didn’t lock, bathroom dirty, hotel smells like mildew and mold. Said you have shuttle but I had to pay Uber for everything (no shuttle).

Worst location I’ve ever stayed in my life. Total dump.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Awkward receptionist - they had this young guy working reception when I arrived who couldn't find my booking and was asking kinda strange questions (ie was I single, what was I going to do as a single person in Orlando). I just put it down to the strange time of the morning and went to bed!

Amazing bed, able to check in at 2am after a delayed flight

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No towels by the pool so had to hunt them down, but staff was GREAT! I thought the kiddie pool was a hot tub so that was a little disappointing. The location was exceedingly busy (by foot or car) and we found that intimidating.

Very comfortable beds were much appreciated! Rooms were very clean as well.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This was a last minute reservation due to a flight delay; it was adequate under the circumstances but not somewhere i would choose to stay. The air conditioner was loud and it sounded like a racing strip outside all night.

We received a free breakfast.

This place was awful. Drug users/ drunks asleep in the car park. Patio door was unsafe and sealed shut with silicone. Room and bathroom were dirty and dated. Felt very unsafe here.

Computers had recently been taken out by a virus, but an IT guy was coming in to fix.

Lots of upgrades happening at the hotel! Bed was awesome. Very close to the Florida Mall, and of course not far from the other Orlando major attractions. Staff was very friendly, breakfast was good.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. Worse hotel I have ever attempted to stay at.

Nothing, a.c. broke, door locks on building broke, gate locks broke,the only ice machine on site broke, roaches in room. Left requested refund. They refused at first. Then I received on later.

Some of the advertised facilities were unavailable. The laundry area was under construction and shuttles to the theme parks is no longer available.

The staff were amazing, very helpful and friendly!

I can't fault it at all .

The staff were friendly and welcoming from the first minute I arrived. The rooms were very clean indeed. Breakfast was excellent , very fresh & the server was good at her job collecting the tickets so only the hotel guests can have a breakfast.

They request IDs from all adults who stay which is wierd. We saw a prostitute get out of a car and solicit another guest. Cops were at the hotel searching for a suspect of some crime committed. Front desk staff that checked us out was rude and very impersonal. Cheap hotel for a reason.

The room was clean and the beds were super comfy! Breakfast could have had more options. The girl who checked me out was kind of rude but the others were amazing. The lady running breakfast was also rude. Housekeeping was amazing and very helpful.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast options could have been nicer, basic continental style breakfast with waffle and french toast. Would like to have seen some eggs and sausage or bacon

Recently remodeled suite (the entire property is undergoing renovations), however the remodeling g did not affect us during our stay. The suite was very large and comfy. A definite great deal!

- The WiFi could be better

- The Place is certainly worthwhile as compared to the price - It is clean and comfortable - Free parking and nice location near lots of stores and Florida mall

Despite the fact the bathroom had been cleaned, it still smelt damp and there was a strong smell of sewage. Disappointing! The carpet in the room was old and musty. This hotel is clearly in need of renovation!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The water for the shower was either boiling hot or cold. Couldn’t really find a happy medium. The a/c wasn’t getting as cool/cold even with temperature being 55/60 and it was making some weird noise and was showing fp where the temperature was suppose to show.

My ac wouldn't work I had to call staff twice to figure out what was going on!! There need to be more options for breakfast or don't serve breakfast at all!! Shower need to be updated!!!

The bed was nice

The place desperately need Maintence for outside the property. And pool was very filthy so my boys couldn’t swim in there. Disappointed.

Bed was so comfortable we all slept great.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfasts could be better.

I enjoyed staying in the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful during late night check-in, and when I needed to extend my reservation. The location is also good and easy to get to. Parking is comfortable and free of charge. The room was very spacious and the bed was really cozy.

I'm sorry to say this BUT there isn't anything that I didn't like. The whole stay was so great that I can't wait to stay again.

Well you get a great breakfast, the beds were wonderful to sleep in, the staff is always so friendly, the pool is well kept and cleaned. This is my 2nd time and I already planned on coming back here 2 more times before the year is over.

There were nothing I didn't like. Landscape needed touched up but the did a great job after hurricane.

Everything, staff and housekeeping were wonderful​.

Children stomping above room someone moving furniture above us or opening sliding doors people got at 6am by windows cussing each other out using bad language

Beds very comfortable rooms very clean

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No elevator but I'm lazy and the rooms with the suites with no balcony don't have doors but other than that it was a great stay will def go back

I like everything staff was friendly very clean and nice

The remote was missing batteries, and they seemed to be doing construction on the hotel so it was a bit of an eyesore. Also they don't have as many outlets so I had to move the bed to access the one closest to me.

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and the attendant was extremely friendly. Additionally I can tell they try to keep everything clean and neat, there was always someone working from landscaping to vacuuming, and that was nice to see.

No room services No elevator from ground floor to first floor No porter to carry the luggages They don't do vacuum cleaning Up on my arrival I asked about the shuttle services they replied only from hotel to airport and you have to book 24 hours on advance so before 24 hours of my check out I asked for the service they said it been canceled

There was nothing I didn't like

I am giving this place a 5 🌟 rating because they have a great free breakfast with waffles and french toast, the pool was nice and warm, the beds were so soft, the room was huge with a refrigerator and a microwave, 7-11 next door, a Waffle House across the street, the Florida Mall is a 15min walk, very nice area, and the staff from the gentleman and the lady at the front desk who made my stay great, as well as the breakfast lady who took our tickets was so helpful with teaching us how to make waffles, that everything was right on point that I will be staying there again.

Breakfast used to get over and had to ask the pantry lady to refill basic things like bread, milk . She did not do it unless asked for.

Good staff, good facilities and amenities.