Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Worcester 3 stars

110 Summer Street, Worcester, MA 01608, USA

#7 of 9 hotels in Worcester

Very nice hotel
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

Am seeing another extra charge of $40 for something PAkW am not sure yet, and am waiting to discuss with my bank. Then I will conclude on stay at Worcester

Everything, I had some friends in a near by hotels and we all compare our stay, we gave it to holiday Inn was the best

It was great for our event~ graduation.
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

Bathroom was not as clean as I would like. Walls and door were dirty. No soap in the shower.

Staff were excellent. Lemonade cheese and crackers and fruit table was wonderful

Very enjoyable
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

There was some confusion at check in...but it was handled by the desk staff and other than giving a bit of concern did not affect our overall stay.

Great choices for breakfast. Anyone would be able to find something they enjoyed. They also had refreshments in the lobby.

I would definitely stay again

Can't think of anything

I checked in Wednesday night the young man at the front desk so kind,and could see that something was bothering me,and asked if there was anything he could do to help and I could tell he really meant and not just saying what he was trained to say,so sorry I don't remember his name. But he was working Wednesday may 2nd. An second shift

Very rude
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was really nice but the staff was absolutely horrible I would never stay there again because of how rude they were and rude and very in sport and I had absolutely no respect

It met my expectations. We went for a visit at WPI
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

The coffee in the lobby was empty in the am, I mentioned it to the front desk and nothing happened.

The room was clean, the check in staff was wonderful

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was next to a building being renovated and there was trash spilled on that property which we had to pass by to reach the hotel.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable

I appreciated that they let me park before I checked in for...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I had requested when booking, and verified when I showed up, but before checking in, that my room would have two beds. This was confirmed in person by front desk staff. I let them know that I would check in after the sporting event. When I eventually did check in later that afternoon, the room I was given only had one bed, not two as promised and confirmed,. Since the hotel was full, and I had to immediately leave for an appointment, I had no recourse.

I appreciated that they let me park before I checked in for a sporting event nearby.

At the standard room rate, it's a decent value due to it's location and pleasant staff.
    • 2 Bed Mobility accessible Tub - Non Smoking

Scrambled eggs at breakfast were probably an egg substitute product based on their odd consistency. My room was a bit cold until a staff person was able to locate a remote to turn on the heat. Room price jumped substantially due to the event at the arena.

Good location near restaurants and the arena that I was going to. Free breakfast was okay. Staff was pleasant and very helpful. Plenty of channel offerings on the good sized flat screen tv. Spacious bathroom.

Unpleasant but for the courteous staff.
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was warm and damp. The cable TV would not work, possibly run off a VOIP with no bandwidth. Broken remote control. The breakfast area was right outside the room resulting in a lot of noise in the morning. Breakfast area was congested, and ill conceived for flow. Overall, wouldn’t recommend if you have other choices in the area.

Location, near to highways and the hospital where a family member was being treated.

In town for a dance competition. Room was perfect for the length of stay. Staff very friendly.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There was a strange odor in the room that smelled a little like anti freeze. Was there for only 1 night so was no big deal. Beverage vending machine on main floor out of order but there were cases of water next to machine.

Size of room was perfect for the price. Beds comfortable.

Yes, the breakfast was excellent.
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

The drapes were damaged and didn't close all the way. We were on floor 1 in front. A bus parked right by our room. No problem till the driver starting closing all the luggage doors at 10:30 pm. In bed early for early departure. Good thing. Our room was next to fitness and shortly after 6 am the steady thump, thump, thump of a runner on tread mill started. It continued even as we were leaving around 7:30 am. Footprints in snow in morning showed that several people from bus unloading walked within two feet of our window (with the broken drape).

Yes, the breakfast was excellent. The beds comfortable. The staff is great.

Overall pleasant
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only negative for me was subjective. I have a bad back and much prefer a hard mattress. The mattress was soft and I woke with a back ache. Also the TV did not have a sleep timer function. The ability appeared to be blocked.

The Staff was fantastic. The room was very nice. The bathroom was very clean and the linens nice. I appreciated real breakfast choices, not just a bunch of carb items. The snacks and water in the lobby were a nice touch. The best part was I accidentally booked one week ahead on a non refundable deal. Booking.com and the Hotel worked together to change my reservation and preserve the deal price. They fixed it quickly and pleasantly.

I'll go to a different hotel next time for less money
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

I was charged an extra 50 dollars. I could not sleep with the person in the adjacent room playing pod casts about abortions all night.

The staff was nice.

Acceptable minus
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

Toilet was too small and way too close to the floor. Stop in sink was broken. Pillows were uncomfortable.

Bath room was self contained (wash basin was there...not part of the room).

Highly recommended!
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Excellent room in a good location. The staff were very friendly and helpful! The cable selection was surprisingly good. Ended up watching hockey in our room :)

Okay but not on my list to frequent.
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

Bathroom was dated and not as clean as I would expect. A lot of parking lot and side door noise due to first floor room. Breakfast was not quality but was free.

Bottled water and fruit available at check in was nice.

Good Value Hotel and a Good Location
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

The Reception area is a little short staffed which led to an error when I was paying for our stay i.e. my credit card was charged twice when I had paid in cash. Following email contact with the Manager, the matter was resolved to my satisfaction and I did not lose out due to currency variation. Also a man called to repair something in our room (we hadn't reported any issue) at 9.30am and the cleaning lady called at 9.45am on the morning of our departure. Our check-out time was 11am

Stayed in nice spacious room at the back of the hotel so was quiet at night time. Nice shower and toiletries. Breakfast was great though would prefer real plates as would be more eco-friendly. Location is excellent and is beside a Starbucks and a 99 Restaurant which served very reasonable but tasty food. I would stay at the hotel again as good value and good location

We would return. Ps-Breakfast was great! Lots of options. Great coffee too.
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

The armchair was not comfortable and it would have been nice to have a little table next to it. Wanted to enjoy my coffees d paper in the morning and it was awkward.

Comfortable bed and pillows-nicely appointed bsthroom. Appreciated the fridge in room and coffee maker.

This hotel needs a make over or a wrecking ball.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The hotel is old and tired. The bathroom is beyond its useful life and gave me the creeps. The toaster in the breakfast room was inoperable. Even the outside signage was half lit, not the best welcome home image.

Great-we would stay here again.
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

Did not love the small chair in our room- not comfortable for reading.

Good breakfast and loved the coffee and snacks in the lobby. Staff very accommodating -

An excellent stay. Gracious, kind staff who made us feel most welcome
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

The staff were exceptionally helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome, including providing water and snacks upon arrival and even a beer and wine tasting session for happy hour

Convenient to where we were going that day.
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Could hear highway noise .

Convenient to where we were going that day. Easy on and off to highway. Provide bottled water and snacks in lobby on arrival. Good selection at breakfast.

Mediocre hotel for the price
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The printers in the business center did not work and one computer did not have Microsoft Office applications. The air conditioner would turn on and off at night making the room hot and cold. This made for a restless night of sleep.

The location was easy to access and had plenty of parking. The staff was friendly during check in and we were able to extend check out until 12pm. Breakfast was nice...their cinnamon buns were great.

Nice property, priced too high for location.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The neighborhood was a little rough. The price was a little higher then I would've liked to pay for what it is. Price went up for the event in town, being a former sales manager at a hotel I understand why this is done from a profit stand point but this is not hospitable!

Very good location for DCU center! We were able to walk to our concert. There's also several restaurants within walking distance. 99 is right behind the hotel!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

A Decent Place to Stay If You Have To Be In Worcester
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

The hotel was located near DCU Center, St. Vincent and UMASS hospitals, Starbucks and Pub 99 next door, Worcester Police Dept. Fairly quiet and staff didn't bother me as requested. All major highways allow easy access. LG HDTV in room. Breakfast bar.

A Nice, Accommodating Experience
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

nothing, everything was great.

The staff was VERY accommodating -- I was able to to get early check in, which was awesome and appreciated. The beds are extremely comfy!

Breakfast is great.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

When I arrived in was told even though I had asked for 2 double beds, because I am a 58 mother and was traveling with my 29 year old son, that all they had was one bed in the room. I had made the reservation back on Feb. 11 (10 weeks in advance). She told me she would see if there were any cots. 2 hours later I called to see what she had found out and she said she was looking into it. Within minutes they had a cot. My complaint is I paid good money, for my son to sleep on aN uncomfortable cot for 2 nights instead of a nice comfortable bed.

Breakfast is great. The hotel is close to the DCU Center and the Palladium and a couple of restaurants.

Clean and comfortable room.
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

A bit expensive for just one night, also the hallways are loud with people slamming the doors and talking, it's heard too clearly.

Clean and comfortable room. :)

Nice room, skip the breakfast
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

When we went to breakfast area at 0900 they were out of most everything - no eggs, bacon, bagels. We had to wait about 20 mins while they made more, didn't bother to wait for bacon. When it finally arrived, the eggs were terrible :(. Should have passed.

The room was nice. Clean, no frills.

Very close to the music venue in Worcester.
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pancake machine was a bust. The pancake was inedible. Otherwise, the breakfast room was cleaned constantly and there was a good variety of breakfast foods.

Very close to the music venue in Worcester. Walking distance. Starbucks next door as well.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Did not like the convention that was tacked on to the other...
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not like the convention that was tacked on to the other expensI've tax that put a 20% increase on the bil. Would probably not go back for that reason.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Good experience for a good price
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

The room was comfortable, but there were areas of it that didn't look clean. There were also parts of the room that had evident wear and tear. Parking was also hard to find when we arrived, and we had to drive around until we spotted someone leaving their space.

The staff was extremely friendly. My grandmother had to wait in the lobby after checking out, as I was at an interview, and she said that the staff made her coffee and gave her snacks and were just pleasant to talk to!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

I like the Holiday Inn Express/Worcester. It is clean and comfortable. I think maintenance
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

The bathroom wall paper marked with white stain.....needs to be done over asap. The door bolt had been broken and screwed back on....creepy and should have replaced the entire door The fresh fruit ...not so appealing. (Apples and bananas)

The bed was very comfy. Parking lot with free parking. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Dirty and unsafe
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Just about everything with the exception of the front desk staff.

It was dirty. Floors not vacuumed, wallpaper peeling. Coffee urns empty during breakfast, empty muffin tins sat not being switched for new ones. Hard to find staff to help with breakfast. Connecting door between my room and room next door had a broken lock. In place the staff had a bench pushed in front of it to keep it closed. I will be writing a letter to the hotel to make them aware of how unkempt and unsafe this hotel was. Very disappointed. My son is going to be attending college down the road and I will make sure to tell the other parents not to stay at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Acceptbable but a bit pricey.
    • 2 Bed Mobility accessible Tub - Non Smoking

Business Center scanner access was not working.

Desk clerks were friendly and attentive, when you could get them to the desk. Breakfast had good options. Easy access. Simple check in and out.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Comfortable and convenient stay for a concert!
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Close proximity to DCU Center. Very welcoming staff and refreshments in lobby during check-in. Comfy, clean room with big, comfortable beds. Breakfast in their breakfast bar had an array of foods, juices, whole fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, turkey sausage, a variety of breads and pastries, pancakes, hot and cold cereals and hot beverages. Late check out time at noon.

Inconvenient
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

How they charged me my room price when I checked in then they put a hold on a whole other amount on my card when I left. Very inconvenient. Would never go there again. And it took a week to get that money back.

The bed and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

The breakfast provided was excellent glad to have HBO and...
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

Beds and pillows didn't like. Got in to our bathroom and could smell vomit had a mouse in our room. No pool which sucked.

The breakfast provided was excellent glad to have HBO and great location in the city

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Overall I was satisfied
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Air-conditioner in the room was very loud when it came on all during the night .and the location is right next to the hospitals so sirens were frequent during the night also

The bed was very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Pretty decent
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

It would have been helpful to know that the hotel tacked a $50 charge for incidentals. One room we were relocated to didn't have a working television. We were then relocated again to another room but there was a leak in it and the bathroom exhaust fan didn't work.

The hotel location and cleanliness was great, so was the staff. Continental breakfast was pretty decent too. In close proximity to several restaurants and the highways.

Free breakfast.
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A/C only went down to 65 degrees, room uncomfortable to sleep in.

Free breakfast.

Pleasant

N/C

Amenity and location

Spacious rooms, very good service
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

Noisy because of gap under door

Spacious rooms, very good service Welcoming

I don't want to stay again in the first floor.
    • 2 Bed Mobility accessible Tub - Non Smoking

the first 3 nights we stay in the first floor, and the light from the street bothered us at night.

I don't want to stay again in the first floor.

Wonderful, I would stay here again.
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were very comfortable; room clean, everyone very friendly. Breakfast was good.

I would recommend this hotel highly
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a real pleasure, particularly since it was included with the room rate. Staff were without exception very friendly and outgoing

Very nice and clean.
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

Very nice and clean. Friendly staff

Quick and easy

The breakfast experience. Attentive staff

Was in town for a show, and was very happy with the service...
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

Was in town for a show, and was very happy with the service and facilities.

Rude,didn’t work with me in any way bad customer service
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rude,didn’t work with me in any way bad customer service

Clean with a comfortable bed

N/a

Clean with a comfortable bed

Nice hotel in a good central location.
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower curtain did not stay closed at either end.

Friendly staff, great breakfast, good location, close to the theater.

Not bad in Worcester
    • 2 Double beds - Non Smoking

Small bathroom. No hot water before 5am.

Staff friendly and helpful. Close to the highway but not noisy

Overall , my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay . We will stay there again on our next visit .
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The snacks and water bottles in the lobby were a great courtesy.

It was within walking distance to a restaurant.
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

The remote to the tv didn’t work properly and there was no vent in the bathroom when using the shower.

It was within walking distance to a restaurant.

Clean modern and comfortable

Clean modern and comfortable

Weekends in Worcester
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

I had to repair running toilet during the night

Front desk very friendly and helpful snacks water coffee were a plus breakfast good also

Good location.

Good location.

Business trip,,,all Ok

no your fault,,just the Rte 290 traffic sounds sratred early

good locales for DCU center expo

Heater didn’t work well

Pillows

Short and sweet
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisy Fan in bathroom and broken security lock

Breakfast was good, beds were great

Overall pleasant
    • Room Selected at Check-In

No microwave in the room

Cleanliness and comfortable beds

Eggs were fluffy

Eggs were fluffy

massive bed
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

very very noisy. paper thin walls. could hear the soccer moms (on a tournament?) making so much noise early morning along the corridors

massive bed

The room and bed was ok
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

The egg don't have good taste, there breakfast is not all that

The room and bed was ok

The bed was good
    • 1 Bed Mobility Accessible Tub -Nonsmoking

There breakfast was bad, the egg did not have a good taste

The bed was good

The comfort.

Worcester.

The comfort.

Good stay

Pillows

Tv

The atmosphere was enjoyable.
    • King Leisure - Non-smoking

The housekeepers need to wait until checkout time to start knocking on doors!

The atmosphere was enjoyable...

Awesome

Their no negetive Words To say

I am very Happy 😃

The Service , And easy to get around

Once the breakfast is improved, the hotel can be a home from home

Bed

The bathroom was not good.
    • 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was not good. The ceiling was peeling badly, the sink drained slowly and there was mold in the shower.