Reviews of Holiday Inn La Mesa 3 stars

#2 of 6 hotels in La Mesa

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Good price poor cleaning
    • Deluxe Family Suite

I reserved a room with 2 Jiang sizes beds with 1 month anticipation and when i got to the hotel with my family they didnt have my room ready and has to take a queen size bedroom. I did get a discount but I had to wait for my room. During my Stay my room was not made properly and they never took the trash of my room. We stayed there for 3 nigths.

I liked the location

I will be staying somewhere else next time.
    • Standard Room

They were obviously over sold!! Not the friendliest front desk! Made you feel like you were putting them out. If you stay more than 3 days make sure you let them know you would like your room cleaned. I found out the hard way! I had to ask for toilet paper then left for the day and came back with not a thing done in my room! Had to ask for towels and finally asked why (after requesting the day before) my room isn’t being cleaned? I have never stayed in a hotel that didn’t ask if you wanted your room clean. So... make sure you ask!! But beware... the front desk will make you feel less than!👎🏼

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Adequate accomodations

This has nothing to do with the hotel but in general the environs are not very exciting. In the hotel, there is no place to relax. There are like four seats in the lobby and the pool is pretty lame and not very inviting.

Room is plenty comfortable and clean. Convenient parking. Really couldn't do any better so close to SDSU, our central destination

Terrible. Made me never want to stay at another Holliday Inn. Bad experience.

Bad service in restaurant and never fixed the broken toilet in our room. Asked for a quiet room and was placed in a room near an outdoor entrance door which was being slammed all night. I had to beg the front desk to have help moving to another room. Buffett was terrible. Bed was uncomfortable in both rooms.

Not so happy

What I noticed was that they do not change the comfort sheets on the bed just the bed sheets and to me that's gross. I got the two queen bed and both comfort sheets were dirty i had to remove them and just sleep with the bed sheets. They should look into this

Everything else was good. Front desk people were nice.

Great, safe, quite, and nice

Staff are great specially Elisha, Aaron, and the other guy forgot his name. Fast respond and very Friendly. Recommend this hotel for any visitor to San Diego

The hotel is modern style but needs a makeover. Staff friendly and accommodating for early checkin

The room was a bit run down. The carpet had huge stains throughout the chairs in the room were ragged and upholstery was shredding.

The beds were very comfortable and pillows fluffy.

😄👍

The lady at the desk that was Asian, I feel like there was a language barrier and also when I called the desk, she would put it on hold and leave it there for minutes at a time. She was the only one to do it, when i asked her about it, she says she was busy helping guest. Everytime I passed her she was staring in the computer

When I first got there for check in, the gentleman at the desk made us feel very comfortable checking in and was great the whole time we were there when we seen him, all the attendants where very pleasant, even the cleaning crew, always smiling. So you know they were happy to be there as well, the rooms were always so clean after we returned from our day. I even asked if they could re vacuum when we came back from the beach and they were very pleasant about it. I liked restaurant they offered, I seen in one post that breakfast was free, its not unless you get that packet for free breakfast. But whenever we went in they were very pleasant as well. One last thing i think is most important, my daughter who is 6 years old said that she felt like she never left home, she enjoyed everything as well. We will keep this place in mind for sure for our next visit. Last but not least, the beds were very comfortable. Feel asleep very easily

Just a very nice room, nice stay. Nothing overly fancy, nothing really to complain about either.

Bathroom door didn't close well; needs to have hinges adjusted. Toilet seat was loose (we tightened it). Coffee maker didn't work the first time we tried it. Keurig is very wasteful in terms of packaging; would love to see the old-fashioned kind of in-room coffee makers brought back. Pillows were too soft and the "pillow menu" showing options was buried in the in-room information book, which we didn't have time to peruse until after we slept there. If each bed simply had two soft and two firm pillows on it, that would probably solve that.

Friendly, efficient staff. Comfy bed.

I like that they provide a microwave I needed in a timely...

Small parking lot, had to park away and the pool was outside.

I like that they provide a microwave I needed in a timely manner, cleaning staff was pleasant.

Good except for slippery bathtub

Bathtub could use some antislip texturizing or a a mat available. I slipped before even using any soap and ended up with a wrist injury.

Hotel was clean

close to our family
    • Executive King Room

there was a roach in our bathroom at 1 am...people came in from a wedding outside in the parking lot ar our window at 3 am yelling and swearing for 10 min...

close to our family

Nice hotel with expected amenities for the price point.

Water temperature in shower fluctuated (didn't stay hot) and on last morning had only cold water for my shower! Bought the rate that included breakfast each day and fine print said we could spend up to $20 a day on breakfast at the restaurant but because there was a large school group staying in the hotel they were only serving a buffet breakfast that week. This needs to be made clear in the fine print that you may get stuck with a buffet. Turned out fine because we spoke kindly to the wait staff at the restaurant and they let us order omelettes instead which was great. We didn't use the pool but be advised that it is behind the hotel in the parking lot area - looks a lot nicer in the pictures online than in person.

Staff were very friendly. Gave us a small refund when we informed the front desk upon check out that we had no hot water in our shower the last morning. Restaurant staff was also very helpful and accommodating of food allergies.

Boo to your front Desk for his treatment of their seniors

The man at the counter wouldn't give a30 minute extension on check. My sister and I are in our sixties. I have severe arthritis and have difficulty with our luggage. My son was delayed picking us up And he was to help us with the luggage. I asked for the extended check out and was told they couldn't do it. When he got downstairs I only saw one other person checkout and it was at 11:30. The time I asked for. I called and asked for assistance with luggage. They sent a man with a luggage trolley which left for us. We get down to the lobby and there were only 3 teenagers sitting on the only place to sit. We had to stand for 40minutes waiting to be picked up. No one even offered a folding chair.

The housekeepers were very kind and helpful.

Hotel was in a great location. Easy access to freeway, restaurants, and shopping. Carpet smelled

When I booked, I was informed that my reservation included breakfast. When I arrived at the hotel I was told that was not true. I travel a lot so I try to stay where I can get breakfast. It allows me to stay in in the morning and not have to rush out. That was disappointing.

Clean and newly remodeled. The staff was so friendly and helpful.

We needed an extra towel early in the morning and there were none available at the front desk. The desk clerk said it would be at least 20 minutes before they could get us one. We never did get the extra towel.

The free breakfast included was AWESOME!! Not the traditional continental breakfast. We went to a restaurant on site and had wonderful food. Good flavor and portions. We will stay here again. :-) Excellent rating in my eyes.

Ehhh....

Parking was horrible. I'm bald and found hair on the bed spread and pillows. But overall was ok.

It was in a decent area. Compared to other hotels in area wasn't too bad.

The last night I couldn't sleep we should of just left but I was there because I had surgery on the day we checked..

That there was no security and front desk was a joke a strange man kept trying to get in my room at 6 pm saying he was house Keeping I called front desk the woman said she was by her self she had no one I had to call my daughters boy friend to come

It was fine nothing special the beds were nice needs bigger tv

Satisfactory stay. Fabulous staff
    • Executive King Room

The air conditioner was exceptionally loud when it turned on and off --frequently. One of the doors to enter the room areas did not latch unless pulled closed which compromised security

the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful

Five minute drive to places within La Mesa - Convenient, clean, good beds.
    • Executive King Room

Cleaning staff did not consistently replace items like coffee, cream and toilet paper. We were there 5 nights and almost ran out of toilet paper, had no cream after 3 nights and 3 decafs but no regular coffee. That being said, if we had called down am sure they would have been replaced quickly but felt it should have been done automatically.

When my husband called down for a box of tissues the staff brought it within 5 min. Very responsive to requests. Good beds, clean and friendly.

Staff was pleasant and did all they could to assist.
    • Executive King Room

No extra toilet paper in bathroom. Refrigerator did not work. Unable to acquire Club points.

Staff was pleasant and did all they could to assist. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

I wouldn't come back

The room was 88 degrees stuffy and it had a dust smell that triggered my allergies. The room and the hallway have a smell as well. Also house keeping left room service plates next to the elevator unil the next morning and it smells horrible. I went to the pool and the roaches were bigger than us

I can't really say what I liked

Hotel didn't meet what we are sure would be their higher standards.

Room was dirty and carpet had not been vacuumed and trash still on it around and behind it. Gardeners started revving up at 7:30 am - which likely the hotel has no control of. Even though we had a 'do not disturb' sign out housekeeping knocked on the door at 8:30 am.

Beds very comfortable.

Comfortable medium level accommodations
    • Executive King Room

A strange smell in the room upon entry. Probably from carpet. And it was hard to tell whether it was a new carpet smell or otherwise. Smell went away after the air conditioner was on a while.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

I did not like the design of the bathroom.

I did not like the design of the bathroom. I had tried my best, but the water still got out to the floor. It was a horrible design. When I wished to be more privacy, I couldn't pull a not see through curtain to cover all the window.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Look ur customers service suck its not wat I expected after...
    • Standard Room

The front people in restaurant lady in the morning black girl she gsd the worst attitudes the cleaning crew was great

Look ur customers service suck its not wat I expected after my 3 teenagers got rubbed infront off hotel and they dont even have cameras plus the rubber went inside with my children k.the kids kept telling the receptionist to call the cops as the reception kept looking fot the name of the room we had my children were smart to give another name so they woukd nt go up too our room stipud reception .I lost 2 night there cuz the cops had to be in my room so I spend my money for noting they didn't put me in another one or free nitez or money back

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Staff was friendly and helpful.

The walls were very thin and I could hear others in their room.

Staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived early and they were able to let us check in earlier than the scheduled check in time. That was great since we had been on the road for 8 hours.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Comfortable. Easy to get to. Friendly staff.
    • Executive King Room

One of the towels I had seemed like it was not cleaned. It may have been a stain, but I wasn't sure. The desk had some sticky spots from the previous guest I assume. That's really about it.

Everything was pretty great! The staff was very friendly and welcoming and I like that they talked to guests besides just being "Customer service advocates" - it was genuine. Also, the room didn't have an ironing board and one was brought to my room within a minute of my call!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Bad water pressure in shower

The shower water pressure was awful. Took twice the time to take a shower than usual. Trash under beds form prior guests.

Room was relatively clean.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Good location😊

Good location😊

The man at the desk at check in was very nice, friendly, and...

Parking is tough to find. Had a hard time leaving my car in the ally.

The man at the desk at check in was very nice, friendly, and accommodating.

Not here

Check in was a nightmare for us and 50 other people

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Good value hotel
    • Executive King Room

The gym had no weight machine. AC was very loud

Good location convenient to shops and offices

stay was ok just disappointed in room appearance,carpet soiled and chair and ottoman soiled need to
    • Executive King Room

housekeeping had to keep asking for towels and carpet very soiled needs to be cleaned! missing closet door toliet seat loose.

Easy access to freeway the rooms are clean, cool and...
    • Executive King Room

Easy access to freeway the rooms are clean, cool and comfortable

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Comfort

It only had a shower and the tile by the toilet was loose

The bed was very comfortable

Cockroach in the bathroom

Cockroach in the bathroom

This was my second stay here. I would stay here, again.

The bed was comfy and the room was clean. We asked for an additional luggage rack and more towels and they were promptly provided.

Clean, quiet, comfortable

Parking lot squished

Clean, quiet, comfortable

Good value for money and close to SDSU!

I didn’t dislike anything , it was just basic.

Location, room size and comfort.

We could have stayed at a much nicer place for $300 per night. Not clean enough. Too noisy.
    • Executive King Room

There was black mold on the bathroom ceiling. It was very noisy until late hours of the night.

Fair stay in San Diego
    • Executive King Room

The leg of the bathroom sink was broken. Received someone else's receipt in my room.

It was clean. Decent heated pool

Everything else

Credit card being mandatory

Everything else

On line was easy.

Your no smoking policy basic

On line was easy. Hostesses at front desk were lovely

Breakfast was great and included in the price we booked!

Room smelled like old

Breakfast was great and included in the price we booked!

Enjoyed our stay will stay again if in the area.

Bathroom floor could be cleaner

Very comfortable beds quiet room Nice breakfast

Short stay for graduation. Place was clean and comfortable.

The lighting was pretty poor for the size of the room.

Bed and pillows very comfortable

Bed and pillows very comfortable

Close to everything
    • King Room - Disability Access transfer Shower

Friendly

Close to everything

Did not clean my room until 4 pm

Did not clean my room until 4 pm

nice and comfortable, and clean. Employees were very nice and helpful in finding a store I needed.
    • Executive King Room

view from room was of parking lot.

Bed was comfortable, glad it had a fridge and iron board.

Not again
    • Executive King Room

Restaurant n slow service, inconsistency of maids cleaning room from day to day

The bed

Me and my partner loved our stay, well definitely be booking a room there again
    • Executive King Room

Loved the king sized bed as well as the spacious rooms. All around a good place to stay.

Smelled of cigarettes even though no smoking hotel.
    • Standard Room

Smelled of cigarettes even though no smoking hotel. No shower curtain upon arrival. Rooms too dark.

Good experience

Parking spaces were very tight

They were able to have a room available for us with no notice

Good staff and location

I can hear people at corodor and pits allowed

Good staff and location

It wasn’t enough time of stay but great.
    • Executive King Room

Loved the open room, comfortable it wasn’t crowded in a small room. Nice and clean.

Excellent and friendly staff.

Excellent and friendly staff. Comfortable and clean rooms.

It was what it was.
    • King Room - Disability Access transfer Shower

Very noisy people checking in after midnight. Had to call front desk.

Enjoyed my stay & hope to return during 2018

The new beds were super comfy

nice,comfortable,relaxing
    • Executive King Room

THERE WERE ROACHES AND HOUSE KEEPING DID NOT SUPPLY ROOM FULLY LIKE THE FIRST DAY

MY BED VERY COMFORTABLE

Ease of check in.

Ease of check in.

Perfect place to stay when in town
    • Executive King Room

The bathroom had a foul odor

Everything was great

We stayed here for a concert we were seeing at the SDSU open...
    • Standard Room

We stayed here for a concert we were seeing at the SDSU open air theater. Very close to our destination and a fair price.

Not what I expected
    • Executive King Room

Room smelled the hotel smelled and property looks old inside

My family and I were extremely happy with our stay and will stay again in the future.

Not much lighting out by the pool at night.

I loved the beds! If I could of taken one home, I would of!!😉

Beds were good.

Beds were good. Room was not great. Rest of the hotel gross.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, would recommend this property to friends & family traveling to San Diego

Room had no view

Awesome new mattress & bathroom !

Way too expensive

Way too expensive

Good but very expensive
    • Standard Room

Most of front desk employees seemed unhappy.

Beds were very comfortable. Parking was good. I used the washer and dryer to freshen our clothes.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Nicest place in the area

Nice staff ok location

Convienent

the end table was dusty and the toilet still had pee on the...
    • Executive King Room

the end table was dusty and the toilet still had pee on the back.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Excercise room wasn't kept.

Excercise room wasn't kept.

No breakfast not that clean

No breakfast not that clean

Location and food
    • Standard Room

Do kids really eat free? One person says eat here and the other says there.

Location and food