Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Phoenix Midtown 3 stars

212 West Osborn Road, Encanto, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA

#95 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

Property was dirty, poorly maintained, and smelled of mold. Only one of the two elevators was working. Door lock mechanism was not functioning properly. We had to have the maintenance man let us into our room and he explained we just had to “work” with it to get it to function. The worst thing was the parking garage. It is a block away from the hotel. You have to walk past all of the garbage dumpsters to access the hotel via aback entrance. There was a homeless man living adjacent to the entrance. He was sleeping the first time my family and I had to walk past him. Unfortunately, the second time we walked past he was defecating.

Nothing. This was the dirtiest, most run down hotel we have ever stayed at.

Savage's Review!

It was very annoying constantly hearing the doors slam, they should really get some hydraulic door closer's.

The customer service was great and the room was very clean and put together.

Bad rooms

We had to change rooms because the A/C in the first one did not and then when I went to talk to person at the front desk all he wanted to do was argue with me

There was no huge tub like the picture, the bed was hard and...

There was no huge tub like the picture, the bed was hard and uncomfortable. The air never went below 80. We had two rook keys one of which stopped working. The snacks from the vending machine got stuck. Hotel services never asked if we needed anything such as towels or trash bags, shampoo etc... It was HORRIBLE! For the amount of money spent it was money wasted and I've demanded a refund as these circumstances are unacceptable. I'll never book here again nor would I ever reccomend it. Location was ideal everything else was awful.

Disappointing doesn't even begin to describe this property.

The first room we were given hadn't been cleaned yet, and when I went back to the lobby to get a different room, I found that I was not the only one that had been given a dirty room. The woman who checked in just ahead of me received a uncleaned room as well. No apology was offered by any of the 3 employees behind the counter, but the gentleman, who I took to be the manager, was kind enough to send someone up to verify that both rooms had not been cleaned...just in case we were lying to him. Only one of the two elevators was operational, and on several occasions the elevator doors would open at the lobby level to reveal the laundry facilities on the other side of the elevator. The ice machine on our floor (3rd) didn't work, so we had to go to the 6th floor to get ice, which took forever since only one elevator worked. The air conditioner in the room did not work, and in the morning when I went to take a shower I found a dirty washcloth wadded up in the corner of the tub, and the plug for the drain laying loose in the tub. There were several locations in the hotel where the carpeting was severely buckled, and posed a tripping hazard if you weren't careful and watching where you walked. I have stayed at much nicer properties, for less than half of what I paid here. I really expected better from a Ramada property.

I have nothing complementary to say about this property.

The staff were not friendly.

The staff were not friendly. It’s a Mexican run Hotel with Spanish speaking staff who act like You are in THEIR Country. The location is bad, the police were there,”. The check in time was 3 PM !! If you wanted to check in earlier they charged you $25 !! And the check out was 11AM I won’t go back here. Other hotels have friendly staff and are more flexible. Overall a bad value for the money.

The pool, the decor and lounge, open with plenty of seating.

Construction next building unsightly but everything else was good

The pool, the decor and lounge, open with plenty of seating. Comfortable chairs, plenty of coffee, vending machines and places to relax around and in the property

Not satisfied

Very poor customer service. Front desk Staff, including manager were not friendly and were very unprofessional, Close parking spaces are limited. Parking garage far away from hotel. Outside of hotel not very clean. Hallway of our floor smelled very strongly of marijuana when checking in and next morning.

Breakfast was great and the staff was friendly rooms were...

The AC was loud in the room and parking was not as convenient as others.

Breakfast was great and the staff was friendly rooms were good for the price with a small fridge and microwave will return when I come back to phoenix.

I wasn’t very happy. Will not stay at this hotel again.

Most hotels serve breakfast and coffee for their guests with what they pay to stay there.

You will pay separate from the hotel bill if you want to eat breakfast at this hotel.

The worst experience I have ever encountered in my whole hotel past

Everything, especially management.

Most UNPROFESSIONAL place to stay at. They charged me multiple times , charged me for the wrong room I paid for & didn’t have the room I initially paid for available anymore and false advertised.

Unsafe

Ran down and people hanging out.

I stayed there 4 years ago before this stay. It has not been kept up. There was no parking and I did not feel safe with my children. It was more like a motel and I checked out after 1 night and found somewhere else to stay!

Heading to a D Backs game or some other event or attraction in the area, this is the place to stay!

Would be nice to have a comfortable chair in addition to the desk chair.

The hotel and it's amenities were very nice, the beds were comfortable the staff was pleasant and accommodating! The restaurant and bar was also very nice, convenient for guests to have them available. We were there with friends for two D Back games and the location is perfect. The deal on Tuesday night at the restaurant and bar was great! I believe it was called taco Tuesday and the tacos and margaritas were exceptional at a price that couldn't be beat! Again, a great staff all around and Linda, the bar tender was a true professional! Will definitely stay again if the occasion arises.

Loved the swimming pool, polite staff and easy access to light rail to get downtown and the airport.

The location is about a 6 to 10 minute walk from the light rail station. A Safeway grocery store a walking distance near by. Polite staff. Light rail close by to get downtown and the airport.

The stay went well and my family and I left happy and content.

There was construction going on in the area. It was noisy outdoors.

The location was very close to our activities. The staff was warm and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. My children and I enjoyed the clean pool.

4.5
    I expected more.

The lobby and the elevators were dirty. The pool had no lounge chairs to lay out. The room was average. The hotel needs to be updated.

I like the fact that we were able to check in early.

decent location, comfy beds, ok stay for the price, just wish parking was closer.

The parking garage is detatched from the hotel and a bit far from the property, so it made bringing luggage in and out kind of a task. I didn't realize when booking that he breakfast was not included in the room price and was an additional $7 per person, so that was disappointing. The charged my card for 3 rooms, instead of two, but the third charge went back to my bank about 4 days later.

The rooms were smaller than expected, but the beds were very comfortable. The staff was friendly. It was close to the venue we were going to, so the location was nice.

The place should be condemned. I wouldn’t want a pet to stay at this place!

The place was one step above “flea bag”! Rugs were stained, lamp shades damaged, towels were thread bare. We were moved to 3 different rooms because the AC units didn’t work. The management seemed unresponsive and accepting of complaints. When one stays at a Ramada there is an expectation of a level of quality. In this case quality is a word in a foreign language!

Horrible service and experience if I hadn't paid already I w ouldve went somewhere else.

The front desk agent at check in was so rude..no customer service skills at all..she didn't even bother telling us how to get around to park or where our room would ve..and then our room was uncomfortably hot so we switched rooms which wasn't much of a difference either...it was actually gross..the entrance from the parking garage to the hotel smelled so bad..we weren't told anything about breakfast until I called in the morning and was told there was a few per person for breakfast..I WILL NOT EVER STAY THERE AGAIN..feel so bad for the people who think they're getting a good deal especially during the summer

The only thing I liked was the front desk agent at check out was really nice

Ok but no desire to return.

I expected more from a Ramada hotel. The room was not up to my expectations.

The parking was good, and if you were lucky you could park in front of the hotel. Breakfast was good and the staff friendly.

Never Again. I had serious regret as soon as I pulled up.

The fact the the security door was broken. Lots of Loiterers. Bad smell on the 6th floor like mildew/dampness. Horrible parking. This is not 3 stars that I am use too!

Broken bed, stained floor, rude night staff, cold hot tub

Night staff was on their cell phones every time I needed something and continued their phone call while helping me. Acted like I was annoying her because my key didn't work for the 4th time.

really bad front desk...

people in front desk is very disappointed, the girl name briana she thinks she's gold she didn't answer my question I think she don't want to work there, but on general good hotel.. also on my reservation says free breakfast and that's no true a have to pay $7 dollars per person..

Expected more since it was The Ramada

No tv guide.No information on the hotel .stool handle broke.we called desk but no one came to fix.Had to ask for ice bucket.

Beds linen and pillows were great

It was a nice place to stay but the people who run it aren’t nice.

The fact my room was not ready 3 hours after check in and had to wait in the lobby, also the pool was dirty with leaves no one cleans the pool or hot tubs there!

Liked the location and convenience of the restaurant inside.

Great Location and Comfort

the pool was a little dirty due to trees surrounding the area a lot of leaves, but hotel was very nice.

Great location in downtown phoenix, the hotel was very clean and the rooms were comfortable with great channels on the TV. The room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. the view was nice to see the downtown area.

Good room, bad internet, irregular cleaning!

We traveled to phoenix for a conference and stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. This was one of our worst experience anywhere in the world! The final two days of our stay the room was not cleaned properly and we ran out of toiletries!! When we asked the front desk if the room was supposed to be cleaned every day, they said it was so. We had to go down and get toiletries from the front desk! The claim that hotel offers free wifi is a hype! The signal varied so much in the room that we stayed in that it was difficult to get any work done with it. From our experience this hotel is highly unsuited for long stays or business travel. It offers a good option if you just want a place to sleep while you are visiting phoenix.

Near to the railway, very convenient.

Air conditionor is too old and noisy. No tooth brush. No slippers. No humidifier, too dry at night.

Near to the railway, very convenient. Two stores are near hotel, one is 24h.

Ok stay, but wouldn't choose again.

My key card deactivated everyday making me take extra trips up and down. The air conditioning didn't get the room cool enough for me. The atmosohere was looking at the wall of the other hotel and the very nice pool that the other hotel had. And lastly, the breakfast was an additional $10 which most hotels offered as part of the stay.

the bed was comfortable, and the shower had good water pressure

Bed mattress was nit very soft, felt like inwas sleeping in a hole, mattress needs to be flipped!

Cleanliness of property and room. Elevator floor needed mopping was dirty, there was graffitti scribbled on elevator door. Air conditioner thermostat did not work at all!

Location was centrally located in mddle of Phoenix.

Room #1 air conditioning didn't work.

Room #1 air conditioning didn't work. Moved to room #2. Room #2 toilet didn't work. They said they would fix it while I was out. Came back at 11pm...it didn't work and it made a running water noise. Next day they said it would be fixed. Came back to the room, still didn't fix it. They fixed it while I was at dinner. On my check out day, I asked for an extra 2hrs after checkout time. They said no. After pointing out the wonderful stay I had and my lack of complaining, the woman gave in and moved it 1hr. I then sat in their lobby for the other hour waiting for my ride. I listened to the manager talk down to his staff, tell an employee she was dressed like a slut, and generally not treat his staff with respect.

Uncomfortable

No ice bucket,.. heater didn’t work and it was cold. Place needs updating,.. one of the beds was torn. Found an m&m in one of our beds. We never bought m&ms so that m&m was probably left by previous customers or maybe the person that cleaned the room.

Location was good.

Exceeded my expectations!

I had a great-view from my room. The water pressure in the shower was good. It was clean. And most importantly it was quiet and I could sleep well at night.

worn out beds, not very friendly staff

They wanted $7 per person for a dried up breakfast buffet. The potatoes were hard and hollow in the inside and the eggo waffles were rock hard in the outside and super soft in the middle. The staff was not very friendly. The beds are worn out, not comfortable.

NEVER AGAIN!

The fact that the mgr decided it was ok for a group of males to be loud, obnoxious, smoking a lot of pot, had weapons,and pmaying loud music and kept everyone up until 4:30am on our floor!

Front desk clerk and food servers were nice and polite

My stay at Ramada Phoenix was excellent

I didn't like that all the TV Channel didn't work and the bathtub was dirty can you use extra towels but everything else was perfect

Breakfast was the best the bed was super comfy just wish all the TV channels worked

Excellent hotel stay, very comfortable, very friendly! Need I say more

Jus the parking cud b bigger for the amount of ppl coming idk mayb there was extra space?

I loved the whole hotel setting itself an the breakfast buffet menu,excellent! An the service itself, no complaints wud like to come back there.rooms very clean an quiet

the girls at the front desk were quite nice and helpful.

harassed by black man in brown vehicle out side the building offering taxi rides for $10. The café is not very good and the ice machines on the third and six floors were not working. The pillows were terribly hard. they use way too much air spray not good for asthmatics

the girls at the front desk were quite nice and helpful. The location was great.

Lame
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I did not like that adults could drink at pool side and act disrespectful towards other people and also that kids could run around with no supervision.

I was not satisfied.

the hotel is old, the ceilings were stained, and the heater were no working. I had to change my room three times. I brought concern to the front desk on the cold rooms, so they changed my room, the next room is the same. The staff should be honest to say I'm sorry the heaters are off, only the AC are on. I've ask other customers, they told me their heaters didn't work as well.

i thought it was continental breakfast, but had to pay for it.

Pretty good hotel close to downtown & great 'Mia Patio' Mexican restaurant a block away.

Paying for breakfast. There are 3 warm items: (eggs/dry potatoes/blah sausage.) All I want is granola or an apple, but must pay $7 to have any of it. Even most of the lesser hotels have free granola or bagels ...... Lobby bathrooms weren't always clean ...... Karsens kornbread Restaurant isn't good enough for their prices

Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Free Lobby coffee had flavored creamers to give it life.

Avoid this hotel.

Overnight parking is bad. Not enough spaces. Hookers in the parking lot. Porno shop across the street. Hotel staff didn't care about poor conditions.

uncomfortable

food was bad brakfast and dinner. there was an uncomfortable amount of activity going on other than hotel stays and travelers. a bit scary, little shady

convenient location to confernce, price was good

Beautiful fun and comfortable
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bathtub could use some love chipped paint

The room was beautiful the bed was extremely comfortable we had a beautiful view of downtown Phoenix and the sunset was gorgeous

My stay

Huge strands of hair hanging from air vent by kitchen area. Not a lot in area accessible by foot, if your not with car, or can't afford to taxi evrrywhere.

Excellent staff. Pool/Hot tub equipped for motion challenged. Great collard greens.

Aside from the issue with checkout times. I had a decent experience.

The front desk lady at night was kind of rude. And they were not clear on an answer when I requested an extended checkout time. I requested it online but no reply and when I asked about it the night lady said yes and it would be $30 extra. The next day when I asked the front desk lady said no and only an hour could be added to my checkout time. Very confusing and upsetting.

Parking was a nightmare. Got lost in the other hotel trying to find ours. Not to mention if you park on the second floor garage there’s only stairs and the stairwell is straight from a murder scene.

The view. The restaurant.

Good value, but the hotel needs some upgrades.

The AC only functioned on high. There was a chair missing for the desk. No hot water at 6:30 AM on the day of departure.

Location was good, with easy access to light rail and the downtown area.

More stress to stay here than it is worth

The facility was not as advertised, the manager considered it a hassle because he had to address that parts of the facility were "out of order". He was rude. There were police present for the entire first day for an unknown reason. The hotel itself was loud.The key cards did not work. The laundry facility did not really work and was not maintained. The room had a bad smell.

The spot in the city was ok

It solved an immediate problem

Toilet flush valve is broken & Sink has broken drain plug. These simple maintence items are examples of negligent preventive maintenance. Running water in a toilet wastes thousands of gallons annually. Adds to overhead. Customers get stuck with higher prices for such lack of professionalism.

not very happy

This place was quite possibly the worst place I have ever stayed. I was tempted to deman a refund from booking.com. It was a joke. They said non smoking but the entire hotel smelled of cigarettes. We waited till our 2nd to last day to have our room cleaned.... I had to call down twice to get extra towels. Even when dialing reception it took 12 rings for them to answer. The shower retained water and eventually we requested a change in rooms. The decor and room itself was in major need of replacement.

Mostly pleasant and quiet and very clean, with nice toiletrees, room design and setup was very accom

paying for the room involved some complications and miscalculations of my payment that required extra time to correct, the ac/heating unit did not work all that well

Staff was friendly and welcoming,

Room was a decent size and the microwave, fridge &...

Upon check-in, I had to wait with no acknowledgement because the receptionist was taking a booking by telephone. When he finally started the check-in procedure, he wasn't clear and charged the room fee and an additional $25 (told it's refundable but could take up to 30 days to reach my account) to my debit card. When I said I wanted to pay by credit card, I was told I would still have to wait for up to 30 days for the full refund to my bank account.

Room was a decent size and the microwave, fridge & coffee maker an added bonus.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The staff was awesome Daniella was courteous and she...

The parking was small, and not to mention it didn’t feel safe. There were random people outside and hanging outside the hotel. They were not guest. So I didn’t feel safe

The staff was awesome Daniella was courteous and she definitely made the night with the personality. Second best thing I enjoyed about coming there.

It’s... fine?

The rooms are kind of starting to fall apart — my headboard had a big tear in it and the clock hadn’t been reset for daylight savings almost a month later. The one request I made was to stay on a floor with an ice machine (because they only have like, three of them) and guess where I did NOT stay In a mostly empty hotel? Also the room next to me was clearly smoking hookah (they had an air hose sticking out of the door and the whole floor smelled like strawberry tobacco) and being d-bags and the hot tub didn’t work.

The lady who checked me in was very nice, and this hotel has good pricing for the location and room quality.

Least favorite place I've stayed in a long time.

The area was awful. There always seemed to be shady people lurking around outside when I wanted to come and go. The parking was bad and barely any spots. The room was small, old and very outdated. The bathroom was small and there was barely no hot water. I actually left a day early to find another hotel.

Best things were the pillows and bed

It was ok

air conditioner sounded like a lawn mower all night. had to shut down. no ice maker on floor. no complimentary breakfast. bathroom in need of updating,chipped and stained toilet and bath,and sink

convenient to destination

The WiFi could have been better.

The WiFi could have been better. I work in IT and travel for business. Having a stable (fast) connection is important. Many issues. But if you're a casual internet user, emailing etc. Should be fine.. Streaming? no way.

I won't stay here again but the staff was very helpful and kind.

Location was more urban than the photos showed. There was a strip club across the street. Parking was in a dark, dirty, over-crowded parking ramp that was unattached to the hotel, no signage or elevators. Fairly long walk in the dimly lit areas to reach the hotel entrance closest to the ramp. Entrance was hard to find, dark and dirty as well. Didn't feel 100% safe with my kids. Once inside, the lobby was nice. Pool was average (small and overheated..but it was 100 degrees out) Parts of the room were clean and nice but other areas were obviously uncleaned. The bathroom door and door jam had red streak marks that looked like smeared blood (not clear what it was). The AC was subpar. We had it running nonstop on high for both nights and day we were there and it never got below 76 degrees.

Probaly would try somewhere else next time.

Pillows could have been more fluffy and not so small, breakfast could of and should of been complimentary, and the shampoos and conditioner could have been a touch bigger so that 2 people could actually use it.

I would stay here again. Bottom line, it is centrally located, clean, quiet and a value

Parking is a little bad. It's off site, and a little creepy at night. If you forgot something in the car, you'll be fighting over who goes and gets it. The AC is a little noisy, but worked perfectly.

The cleaning team for Room 310 needs to be commended. The room was perfectly clean, and very comfortable. The Front Desk (Daniella) was very welcoming, and handled everything professionally, and expeditiously.

not happy

The bar at night brought in people that were there for work. (working ladies of the night). At night the parking lot had homeless sleeping there. I reserved two rooms one for me and one for my aunt her room had no TV cable, phone didn't work, no cord to plug in alarm clock. and her room smelled like weed. We were there two weeks prior and had a good experience so we went back too bad not going back anymore.

breakfast was good too bad not included. Front desk lady in the morning was nice, the gentleman in the evening was overwhelmed.

Non working AC dirty rooms some not all

Coming to the end of summer in AZ. Last few rooms I have stayed in AC was not working. Finally moved but no Comp for one bad night. Been staying here for the last 151 days for work. In room coffee maker are a job they don't work may rooms missing alarm clocks house keeping what a joke the may leave fresh towel or the may not real hit and miss. Ask for something once more hit or miss if you will get it.

Front staff and morning chef outstanding

It took forever to find staff at any time we needed them.

It took forever to find staff at any time we needed them. Didn't answer phones, weren't at the front desk for over 20 minutes. So many drug addicts around the hotel coming up and asking you questions. Bizarre place

Excellent rooms but awful location - would not stay there again

The location was so sketchy I did not feel safe even coming from LA! There was an adult club right across the street and all these sketchy people smoking outside the hotel. The parking was awful - there was an overflow lot that was hot and not right next door so I had to carry my luggage and it did not feel safe. They were understaffed at the front desk. The staff was really nice and helpful but theh needed more.

The room itself was marvelous and four star and the pool was excellent. I like also that the staff let me cancel my second night without a cancellation fee.

It was all a horrible experience, parking was outrageous,...

It was all a horrible experience, parking was outrageous, pool was green, staff was rude and hotel was not clean. I will never be staying there again. Ever.

marginal at best

read above...

Hid a charge of 6.95 per day when booking the Hotel - wasn't nearly as good of deal as advertised. No refund after booking - very cheesy. Place needs a lot of work - A/C barely worked. Parking was tough. Creepy people walking around the area.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Beautiful view

The only thing was the air was completely turned off when we got in the room and it took it a long time to cool off.

Beautiful night view of the city and the bed and pillows we're very comfortable!

Terribleness

Upon arrival the bed in the room had stains on it. When I called down to the guest services the lady thought I was asking for laundry detergent but I asked her "what type of soap do you use on the bedding?" She was telling me I had to find out myself. I explained that the bedding had these dark yellow orange stains. She told me she would fix it but no one came in 30 minutes so I left my room. Came back a couple hours later it was fixed. Then the AC went out and the hotel didn't even tell us. We actually found out from another guest as they were leaving the hotel saying they got a refund because the AC is broken, and we should ask the guest services for more information. After confirming with guest services, I was very upset they didn't tell no one.

The room itself was nicely put together.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Location and price.

Had to switch rooms twice. First was when we got there, ac was not working. Temp stuck at 80. Second, around 2am tobacco smell came filtering into the room. No way to air out the room so had to switch to another room.

Location and price.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

There was nothing about the hotel that I liked.

The pictures on the website give false information about the room. The staff was not very friendly and they were not very accomodating to our needs, the restaurants food was over priced and the food was gross. I was on the 10th floor and smelled weed every day. The maids were more friendlier than the front office.

There was nothing about the hotel that I liked. I should of picked a different hotel. Will in the restaurant was probably the best person working in the whole entire restaurant/hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Bad

First of all they could disclosed the tax for the hotel because booking gave me one price and they gave me another was completely dissatisfied I can even spend the night because I had to pay extra for hotel taxes

The hotel smell good

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Have them explain everything before you pay

Price and being charge for maid service when the room wasn't tended to for 2 days, paying for breakfast with rude service

Rooms were up yo date and a wonderful view from the 7th floor

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

BEST hotel in downtown Phoenix!!!

The one and only thing I dislike about the property is the parking situation, it's too far especially when carrying luggage. There is a parking garage located at the back of the hotel but it's definitely inconvenient. They should have made the front parking lot bigger. But after you get inside, have a drink at the bar and get to your room you'll forget about the parking situation altogether.

Very clean!! The rooms were nicely decorated, very clean, extremity comfortable beds. The view of downtown Phoenix from our room was really neat. I've started at this location multiple times and will always choose this hotel when visiting that area.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Convenient to Downtown Phoenix

I did report two items in the room that needed repair. Otherwise,there were no problems.

This hotel has a free parking garage. The WiFi was fast. Breakfast buffet was $6.99 not included in room rate. Hotel is about a block away from the Metro Light Rail, an easy way to get to the art district, historic area and Chase Field.