Reviews of Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront 3 stars

4700 North Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, WI 53212, USA

#19 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee

Can't think of anything

Leonard was extremely helpful and spoke my language.. Allowed me to check in early when I had arrived from O'Hare rather tired

• King Room - Disability Access with Bath Tub

We had an issue at check in with miscommunication between front desk and reservations but it was resolved.

The bartender was very friendly and hospitable and we stopped by multiple nights and he remembered us and was always quick to serve us and ask us how we were. We were in town for the Cubs game and the hotel was a great place to stay.

• King Room - Disability Access with Bath Tub

Anchorage is no longer a great place to dine. It may be remodeled but you forgot what customers pay for. Me and my guest returned our food.

The staff was very responsive and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Main picture is very misleading - it’s not on the big river downtown, rather 10 minutes away from downtown.

Bartender was awesome! Breakfast was decent.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Would have liked the pool to open earlier. I thought we were supposed to receive breakfast with our stay, but that was not the case. Perhaps that was my fault however. Anyways, no breakfast.

Nice pool.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The food at breakfast needs vast improvement.

Overall, everything except the breakfast exceeded my expectations. The breakfast was just not acceptable. Most of the food was not very good, although the service was great.

• King Room with View

sheets had spots, shower curtain had spots, shower floor was yellow. Elevator small/old feeling. Didn't seem like a nice hotel on the inside, seemed run down and older and not upkept. Staff at checkout didn't say anything or smile.

the view of the room

Everything was fine.

I liked that the fellow managing breakfast was the same person as the one from a year ago. The view of the river from the dining room is pleasant, by the way. In general this is a good quality hotel with easy access off of the highway in a nice, natural setting. The pool and exercise room are in good shape, the WiFi works fine, and the staff are very friendly. What's not to like?

• Room Selected at Check-In

The room was lovely. When we first arrived and checked in the lady at the desk was not friendly at all, she was just kinda snobby. When we checked out there was a different girl at the desk she was a lot more friendlier. The pool was lovely as well. I absolutely loved the view of the river. Overall I would stay there again, but the staff can work on their attitude.

• King Room with View

There could have been a mini fridge in the room. It would have been nice to have a place to keep drinks cold.

Very clean & comfortable. Rooms were very nice & up to date. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was easy to get to.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The bathroom was a bit cramped. The front desk staff person was extremely rude when we asked for a toothbrush, and then again at checkout when we asked for a receipt.

The facility was really modern and clean, connected restaurant is great!

Everything was great.

Food in buffet was hood. Room was great. Bed and pillows were so comfy. Whirlpool was great. Would go back again in summer. I would recommend highly.

• King Room with View

Our room was never cleaned, they came to clean it around 10am, and we said we were leaving in a half hour if they could come back. We come back after being gone all day, and it was still not cleaned. Fresh towels would have been nice. Also, I was charged twice for the whole stay, and I feel like there was no understanding at all about when I would receive the funds back, which is extremely upsetting to me.

The staff was friendly and accommodating

• King Room with View

Clean towels in the room would have been nice. One of our towels had blood and feces on it. I was so disgusted. Also, they like to allow teenagers to have parties here without parents in the rooms so all night long we had doors closing and screaming in the hallways. Called the desk and asked them to kick them out and they did not. Police were even called at one point! Ridiculous!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were so impressed with every aspect of the hotel, from the friendliness of the entire staff...especially Leonard...to the comfort of the bed. We will definitely be back!

No complaints.

No USB ports available in room so must bring own charger. No refridgerator or microwave in room. However, VERY quiet. I was right across from the elevator, and never heard anyone coming or going. Staff was nice.

• King Room with View

Our room was not vacuumed properly as there were leaves and dirt left on the ground. The room was also quite dusty and our blankets had stains on them. Also, we paid a pretty decent rate to stay at the hotel and breakfast was NOT included.

We had a great view of the river and the hotel lobby and restaurant were beautiful. Our room was a very nice size and the hot tub was nice.

• Room Selected at Check-In

I do wish it was a little more spacious & that the food wasn't so expensive.

The bed was super comfortable & I liked that there were makeup wipes.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The only issue with the hotel is that this area of Milwaukee is starting to deteriorate and one night when we were returning to the hotel, about 1/2 a mile north of the hotel we heard two gun shots. That scared us.

The hotel was very nice. Very clean and the staff was very helpful and nice. The room was very big and it overlooked the river which was very nice. The bed was firm and very comfortable. The restaurant was very nice and served a breakfast buffet (that was included in our room charge).

• Room Selected at Check-In

Restaurant staff was loud and unorganized and sweating everywhere. I asked 2 different staff for a breakfast item and never received it

Great location. Great bar staff. Quick service in the bar.

• King Room with View

Everything. i stayed here before and was satisfied. This time not at all. It was dirty and far too expensive. I stayed in DC for less at a very lovely hotel.. Will not be going back.

Pillows were a bit hard

Terrific staff--our receptionist Kyisha was able to find us a room with two beds instead of one king-size since we were traveling with a son. She was super nice and accommodating. Also, excellent breakfast buffet!

• Room Selected at Check-In

The room could use some updating and it had a stale smell.

The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and professional. The location was convenient. Very easy to find and near to restaurants and a nice shopping area.

• Room Selected at Check-In

the place smelled and the rug was filthy all thru the place. they ruined the restraint, the tables were dirty.

the place was filthy and I left before my time was up and they charged me for the extra day! they said because I booked with booking.com I had to pay the extra day. Is this true? I will never book thru there again if it is true please repy.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The front desk manager was Fantastic!!! We arrived late and hadn't eaten and she gave us free drink cards, and we enjoyed a great drink on the deck near the river-view. Wonderful room and a great bed. We were only there on the way to somewhere else, but it was the sort of place you could stay several nights and really see the town.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The closet was difficult to use because of the sliding doors. A refrigerator would be nice.

Veranda was lovely. Bed was comfy. The blind kept the room dark.

Nothing; great location.

I loved the young man who checked us in. I can't remember too well, but I think his name was either Leo or Leonard, I think. He was outstanding and went out of his way to accommodate us. He also gave us directions and suggestions as to where to shop, visit, sightsee, etc.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Smoking area should be in back of oron the side of the building. I am a smoker and area in front where everyone goes in is not pleasant for non smokers

Excellent staff, were very accommodating with all requ9.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Towels didn't feel like washed, just refolded Pullout couch sheets not washed just refolded No refrigerator which is almost standard now in hotel rooms

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

BEDS TOO SMALL FOR 2 ADULTS TO SHARE. RESTAURANT STAFF WAS BAD; ONE WAS STRESSED BOTH DAYS, SEEMED VERY BUSY WHILE ALL THE OTHERS WERE SLOW AND FORGETFUL

• Room Selected at Check-In

The booking was for a double bed. When I got to the room with my friend, we were surprised to see only one bed. Luckily, the staff was able to accommodate us. I would strongly recomend a review of your web site fuctionaility before others encounter this very unpleasant situation.

The staff was very friendly

• Room Selected at Check-In

The breakfast left a lot to be desired, especially at $12/person. We've had better (free) continental breakfast at other hotel chains than what we had at this location. I was very disappointed in the food.

Hotel was clean, and conveniently located to everything we were there for.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Room Selected at Check-In

The pool wasn't heated and the hot tub was too cool. There was a wedding party in the restaurant so we had to eat in the bar and we waited over 40 minutes for our food which was fair not great

The staff was great

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Room Selected at Check-In

There were a lot of dead bugs and flies on top of the air conditioning unit. It was really only noticeable when you opened the drapes, which we did to see the lovely view of the river.

Check-in was easy, and the staff were very friendly. The free and ample parking was a big bonus!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

We were supposed to have riverside, handicap accessible,adjoining room that slept six. We fought to even get rooms on the same floor, neither of which were riverside - neither of which were handicapped and to our surprise were tiny tiny rooms two full beds, no couch. Our gal could not even get her wheelchair in the bathroom. We went to management who said there was nothing they would do about it. Offered us mattress pads on the floor for those that would need to sleep on the floor, but no pillows as they were fully booked. It was ridiculous... they discounted us a total.of $90 off both rooms. It was an awful, uncomfortable stay.

The pillows were very nice for those of us who got one. The maintanence fella was bery nice and vrought us a fridge and microwave as neither room had one.

• Room Selected at Check-In

A wedding party was going on that night at the hotel, it was so loud so bad could go to sleep. Will not stay here in the future.

Right off the freeway and clean.

• Room Selected at Check-In

I expected to see a beautiful riverfront view.

The staffected was exceptional from the front desk to housekeeping. They all made our stay very comfortable. We plan to stay same place next year.

• King Room with View

Didn't like the fact that when we checked in at midnight after watching the , the men's NCCA basketball games , the room we were assigned was occupied by someone else. Fortunately no one was in the room. The tv was on and clothes on the bed. The same thing happened to another couple that checked behind us. This could have been a lot worse had the room been occupied, remuneration it's midnight. I told the the girl and she didn't think it was a big deal .the next day I told another lady at the check in desk and she said she would let her manager know. Never heard another word . Very disturbing somebody could have gotten hurt and non of of your employees seemed corncermed.i have stayed in a lot hotels and I have never experienced anything like this. In fact my wife and I did not sleep very that night thinking what could have happened, we are both in our 60's. Thank you for allowing me voice my concerns

Easy access off interstate, friendly staff clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• King Room with View

Weird thing about curtains, they didn't have curtains that closed to keep out the light at all. Only sheers on window that you could still see through, but we were kind of ok with that because our view was of the river.

loved the room. Didn't use any of the bar our restaurant at all because we were out with friends for the evening and had breakfast in the 3rd Ward. Nice view of the river from our room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Standard King Room

Cheap toilet paper Paint pealing from ceiling in the bathroom. Small bathroom. No grab bars in the bathroom or shower. No luggage stand in the room. Poor selection TV channels. Restaurant staff (the male waiter) seemed rude.

Location Lobby Patio View Hotel staff

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• King Room with View

Other guest and their issues.

I liked the staff the best. I paid for a room with view and got to see a wall. Location was great. Weekends are always busy and the night I checked in the police had to come and kick some guest out. The staff handled it the best they could and accommodated us after a complaint.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

We were very happy with our stay.

From check in to check out the staff was friendly and quick to tend to our needs. I'd like to give special props, and management should too, to Lamont. He was our overnight maintenance/do everything guy:). We met Lamont soon after checking in and he is an absolute delight. He was diligent in making sure we had everything we needed. Even apologized for a very small delay in getting us extra towels. It's obvious that he cares about doing his job well and he is as nice as the day is long. Lamont is an asset to your company.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Standard King Room

charged me full price even though pool & hot tub where down & didnt tell me that,high priced food & room serivice

good clean room nice friendly staff

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• King Room with View

Very noisy. There was a group in the hallway - 2am- very noisy. I called front desk and little was done. Unable to sleep. I would have appreciated some type of acknowledgement for my inconvenience. Will second guess using Holiday Inn again... Also weird placement of TV in workout room.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The only complaint I would have are the elevators are small and kind of hard to find.

I reserved my room last minute for New Years celebrations so I expected the occupancy to be a bit chaotic. My friend and I really enjoyed our interactions with Kendra. She was so amazing from check-in to the end of our night. She truly exemplified grace under fire, and I would love management to know what a gem they have working for them.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Standard King Room

Hotel offers wifi but it is not secure wifi. Room wasn't vacuumed during my 6 day stay.

Leonard at front desk is outstanding, really personifies customer service. King room was spacious. Like having safe in room, bed very comfortable, plenty of outlets to plug in electronics, view of river, perfect location for my needs. Lots of free parking. Nice to see breakfast buffet expanded since my last visit.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tv didn't work and was very slow when it did work :/

Staff was very nice and helpful next Green Bay game we go to we will revisit here for sure

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Room Selected at Check-In

Our Keurig coffeemaker did not work, i.e. brewed cold coffee. No one answered front desk phone, but room service promised to deliver coffee. Never arrived.

Front desk personnel friendly and helpful. Room surprisingly spacious and quite comfortable. Great to have the reading lights on each side of bed, in addition to lamps.!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that we were turned away from the restaurant and that room service would never pick up our call. That was, actually, the only negative aspect of the trip. Otherwise, it would have been all 10's from us. Aside of the inconvenience to us, you also lost a lot of revenue from food we were never able to order or partake in.

I loved the gal at the front desk. I don't recall her name, but she was african american and just about as sweet as could be. She was able to answer all of our questions and was very approachable.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No continental breakfast and the parking lot was full the night we arrived due to an event and we had to park elsewhere.

Clean, new rooms with plenty of space for a group of 4 per room. Exactly what you'd expect for the price.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• King Room with View

On our last day, while wife was using hairdryer, the gif circuit tripped and was unable to be reset. This happened around 5:30pm and as a result the bathroom light did not work. Front desk offered to relocate us to another room but since we were planning to leave around 4:45am the next day we elected to not move-too much hassle.

We were staying here because my wife was having surgery at the Orthopedic Hospital of Wisconsin on a Monday and the hotel is 3 blocks away. The staff and I mean the entire staff that I interacted with were outstanding. Extremely helpful, friendly. Have never encountered such at other facilities. Whether dealing with the front desk, housekeeping,room service,bartender,custodian or maintenance-all personnel were very friendly. We really felt welcome. Availability of two computers , iMac and Windows along with printer. Access to onsite restaurant which serves excellent breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A small thing: room had no refrigerator. You had to ask for one, which they quickly supplied. (I don't really think this is something to complain about but I had to think of something.)

Great happy hour, appetizers big enough to make a dinner, and 5 craft beers on tap. Room was spacious and comfortable. Great value on room rate. Close to family, friends, Kopps. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Standard King Room

Location wasn't the greatest, pretty far from downtown

The staff was probably the best part about the hotel. Everyone was absolutely incredible, from the front desk to the restaurant made our trip that much better

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great selection for bfast buffet, food could have been hotter. All staff very friendly and accomodating.

Beds were very comfortable, was quiet even though hotel was very busy. Staff extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Room Selected at Check-In

A location closer to downtown would have been a little easier for me, but considering the cost of the downtown locations, this was a good compromise. I certainly wood go back there, even with the cost.

The bartender, who served us our evening meal, was great.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access with Bath Tub

Would have liked a view but we weren't in the room very much.

I love this hotel, the staff was friendly, our room was clean, the bed was comfy. I am planning on staying again in the near future.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Door would get stuck and we'd have to slam it to close

Staff was friendly and gave us good tips about restaurants in the area and where to go locally.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• King Room with View

Nothing, It was all exceptional !!!

Leonard Benson was excellent at his job. I can't say enough about how he made our stay perfect. My husband was on a business trip and from the minute I checked in until we checked out he took care in making sure I was welcomed and comfortable while my husband was working. Also shout outs to waitresses and waiters. One especially I think was Theresa in am(I hate I can't recall name) and also Tues evening Julia worked her "bottom" off and was so pleasant!!

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hot tub would be a nice addition.

Comfy beds and down blankets. Can't beat all you can eat crispy bacon and the river front at the breakfast buffet!

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• King Room with View

The staff serving breakfast were very busy but they were not particularly friendly or focused on serving the customer(s).

The staff person I met upon check-in and check-out was awesome! She was so friendly, took time out to take pictures of me with friends I was meeting, and was there to wish me well as I continued my travels.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did get mosquito bites outside...maybe give us some bug spray in the room? LOL!

The outside eating area by the fire pit was a great way to relax after a day's drive. The food was very, very good!

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Room Selected at Check-In

Lot of traffic in the hallways after 11 p.m. 9 a.m. knocking on doors housekeeping one of your guess was given the wrong key to someone else's room good news they were eventually given a different room the bad news interrupted a couple having sex do I get extra bonus points for that little statement or a free nights at another hotel

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I tried to get ice at 6:45 am on the way to my meeting, but the machine wasn't on. Everything else about my stay was fantastic!

The towels were really soft!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was not included with the room.

The patio out back by the river was nice. The restaurant was nice. And the hotel was in a good location, right off the highway.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Room Selected at Check-In

When u book now pay later they denied my family to pay with cash!!!! Ridiculous !!!then we got the wrong room "that is not what I booked!!!" So my family would have 2 beds not one and couch bed and be comfortable! Not a good feeling to have my family inconvenienced when you have assured a reservation and pay when we arrived!!!!!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Standard King Room

Bartender on duty kept us waiting for 15 minutes on Friday night, the guy with the pink bow tie decided to tell a story to a customer for 10 minute while we waited and then when he was few decided to help a pretty girl that had just walked up instead of us. When I asked for help he said he would get to me eventually. Needless to say, we did not want to give this guy our money so we got up and left. He then said in a very condescending voice hey thanks for coming out guys.

Breakfast was good, beds were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Service was terrible. Never could get room service to answer the phone. Not enough staff at check in so had to wait too long and what staff they had was lethargic. I have stayed here several time. This was worst trip

Remodeling turned put very nice

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was supposed to be until 10am. We arrived at 9:30 and it was told to us that the buffet is no longer available but we could still order off the menu. It wasn't a big deal.

The Hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Great Hotel to come if you need some R&R. Locating is great and the food was good as well. Only an hour and a half drive from Chicago which makes it a great weekend getaway.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• King Room - Disability Access with Bath Tub

Restaurant Terrible. Sunday brunch, the food was cold and the milk on ice on the buffet was spoiled/sour. We had to leave the restaurant. The river was disgusting

outside fire on patio

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Room with View

Staff not attentive to customers needs-no amenities as described in online ad-very poor room cleaning(and we tipped everyday!)-not very scenic as described-terrible ice machines-a car was broke into during our stay

Nothing except for the patio

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We didnt have a small refrigerator, no breakfast provided, and the people next to us were noisy. A group of people were standing outside the room at 12:30 am talking loudly amongst each other. I also dont agree with the non refundable cancellation policy.

Staff were nice, hotel was very clean, location was great, and I love the coconut scent of your lotions/shampoos.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

The breakfast buffet was just ok, but the breakfast meal we ordered off the menu was tasty. The fitness room was small.

I liked the fire pit outside on the deck. We had wine outside and it was a nice feel. Lobby was spacious and comfortable. Everything was very clean. Plenty of free parking. Easy on and off the expressway.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• King Room with View

Hot water came slowly in shower

We had a King View room - overlooks the river, which is a slow moving brown river with ducks. Armchair had a small side table to use with it. Room advertised with Microwave and Fridge, neither was in room to start, but they added when requested. Newly remodeled, nice furniture. Small closet and drawers.

• Room Selected at Check-In

That you couldn't walk down to the water.

Clean and very good service.

........