Reviews of Holiday Inn Chicago/Oak Brook 3 stars

17W350 22nd Street, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181, USA

#5 of 8 hotels in Oakbrook Terrace

The king size bed.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The service that day was horrible, the lady at the front desk barely spoke English, plus she didnt know what she was doing

The king size bed..the continental breakfast

Comfortable but parking availability not good.

Parking was hard to find available spot. Band underneath us at the bar noisy and children running in the hall at 2:00 am were noisy.

Bed was very comfortable. Clean and roomy.

Exactly what you would expect; standard and decent room.

Very difficult to find parking. Most parking spots were used up by the restaurant that is attached.

Noise from the restaurant could not be heard from our hotel room (third floor). Curtains were good quality and kept out all the light. Room and bathroom were clean.

Gentleman at front desk was extremely friendly.

We booked online for one price, however we were charged another (higher) when leaving. Look at statement placed under door before leaving. Also purchased breakfast package and weren’t given vouchers. I went to front desk and they corrected.

Gentleman at front desk was extremely friendly. Hotel restaurant employees were also wonderful.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The room was nice and clean and the beds were comfortable.

You get little bang for your buck. They did not tell me at check in that they were placing a $50 holding fee for damages on my card, and I only found out after I checked my bank account. Also there is no free breakfast amentities. You can pay for breakfast in the restaurant, but it's $15 bucks a person for the buffet unless you are an IGH member, which brings the price down to $5 per person.

The room was nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly enough and it was in a good location for my travel needs.

I like that it had the restaurant downstairs and live music.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The elevators didn't work very well. We were stuck in one for about 8mins. With no help! The cleaning stuff was a bit rude and unkind but the front desk was very polite and accommodating.

I like that it had the restaurant downstairs and live music.

It's a great location for Oak Brook shopping and...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Sink in bathroom would back up if neighboring customer we're using there sink or shower. TV's a bit dated and remote control didn't work half the time.

It's a great location for Oak Brook shopping and restaurants.

In a good, safe neighborhood, good price for the room, clean...

The restaurant is a party spot so while we were there for the weekend there were no parking spots. Side door closes with no reentry after 11pm which is where the parking is. People from the bar standing in front of the front entrance after 11pm. Also apparently they were replacing mattresses because there were mattresses in the hallways everywhere downstairs. Not a kid friendly hotel.

In a good, safe neighborhood, good price for the room, clean rooms, comfortable beds

very nice room, but very disappointed by the lack of hot tub and lack of concern by the staff about

there was no hot tub. one website and booking.com both said there was a hot tub but the hotel apparently got rid of it 10 years ago, according to the front desk.

very clean, big beds, quiet rooms.

Horrible service, horrible staff, horrible experience
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were unproffesional, disrespectful, and yelling at the guests. Not enough parking so we had to park in a lot very far away. I paid a lot of money for this????? Horrible horriblw horrible. I will never stay at another holiday inn ever again

Bed was comfy thats it

Checkout @ noon

There is a security fee of $50 that was unexpectedly added at the time of check in. The facility charges the card if you do kit check in by 6pm.

Checkout @ noon

Great amenities - pool, really nice fitness center, large...

Forgot to give me soap the second day. Bathroom is super small. Terrible coffee in the room.

Great amenities - pool, really nice fitness center, large market in the hotel, restaurant, refrigerator in the room. Really comfortable bedding. Clean rooms. Good area, close to mall and other shopping. Was a good hotel for the money.

This was not the best stay

I didn't like how small the room was for me my husband and our 2 kids we barely had room to walk around the room wasn't worth the $275 I spent. The bathroom was terrible and the pool was filthy

The rooms were nice and clean, housekeeping was good with...

They charged me extra for booking on a Monday. Which was weird and actually no where in the fine print. I don’t know if I should be mad at the hotel or booking.com Also the mattress I slept on was sort of old, my sleep was uncomfortable.

The rooms were nice and clean, housekeeping was good with the cleanliness but on the day of my check out they would not stop knocking on my door. From 8am all the way until my check out time at 12pm. Other than that the room was great, they have a swimming pool which is really fun and a great fitness room, a bar downstairs, happy hour! In a good spot nears lots of restaurants and shopping. We stayed to visit Downtown Chicago and it was easily accessible, about 40mins.

Staff was very friendly.

The attached restaurant apparently draws a crowd, which made parking difficult at night. We ended up parking in the back of the building.

Staff was very friendly.

Not the best for final price !

Beds were the worse ever not even motel six has beds so bad. Mattresses were sunk in.. Pool was super dirty and cold.. Vending machines ate the coins not working.. Was charged for breakfast when it was included in price.. Was charged more than originally told and comfirmed..

The location and quietness of installations..

I want to speak with the genera manager and corporate! I am livid!

The front desk manager Byron charged my card 3x the amount that he was supposed to. Argued with me to the point where people in the lobby were turning around listening to our conversation. He is very rude! I stayed there for 1 night and during checkout I was there an additional hour and a half and still wasn’t able to rectify the situation. He didn’t even offer to compensate me for my time. Now I’m going back and forth with my back for charges that should not be on my card. 😡😡😡😡

The bed was comfortable

Never again.

Staff uneasy to work with. Toilet ran all night. Soundproofing terrible. Asked for connecting or rooms nearby. Called days in advance to request. Ended up with rooms at opposite ends of the hall. Have stayed here for years but no more.

Good value for the money
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Would have been an almost perfect stay, but I was registered as a single guest and I was taking a break from hubby. My hubby decided to surprise me and not only was he told what room I was staying in, but he was given a key to enter the room without my permission and without verifying with me. Imagine how bad that could have gone and how dangerous that could have been. Staff dropped the ball on that one and should have known better. Very surprised and disappointed because that is a huge safety violation and very scary as a customer.

Good value for the money

Great service until there’s a problem with the bill
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The customer service I received from the staff at the property after I called to tell them I had been over charged for my room....horrible!!

Customer service was great at the property during check in and at corporate when I had to call.

The weekend was relaxing the purpose of my stay
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

My entire check in process was terrible it took them 2 hours to check me in. Because the young lady lost my reservation after she charged my card. It was very upsetting, I hope this doesn’t happen again and no one offered any accommodations with a 2 hour inconvenience check in issue.

The weekend was relaxing the purpose of my stay

Happy!!!
    • Standard Room

Everything!! The staff was very friendly & helpful. The room was comfortable & the property was well kept. Bar Louie's was amazing!! I loved it & plan to stay every time I come to the city.

Will not be returning

It was a flop motel. To much noise. Impossible to sleep. The hotel charged me a higher price than what I booked it for. The woman in the restaurant insisted on a tip for complimentary coffee that you serve yourself. No tip, no cup for free coffee in the morning. Really needed that coffee since me and my family were up all night due to disgusting noise/activity from our neighbors.

The bed was comfortable

Won’t be back.

Not enough parking spots. Never enough towels for the four of us and never enough coffee cups for four of us. The key to our room never worked. We had to go down and get them reactivate three times.

The room was clean. The beds could have been a little harder.

Bed was very.

older building, carpet smelled. Noisy neighbors...Too thin walls.front desk rep wasnt friendly.

Bed was very.comfortable. room was clean. Bathroom was clean.

I will definitely stay here again.

I can absolutely think of nothing.

The staff was excellent. I have never seen a staff in a lounge work as hard and as efficient as the one in this lounge. The lounge staff is the true definition of teamwork. The front desk personnel were also outstanding and very professional

Hammering all morning ruined our rest

We were woken up at before 8 a.m. but hammering.I called the front desk after trying to ignore it for 30 min and was told that they were trying to fix a broken pipe. Not sure why you would hammer for that, but it continued after they said they would call up and ask them to be quite until a little later. After another hour, I called back and asked if they were close to being done so my husband and I could get sleep and was told they would call up again. Hammering continued and we finally gave up and got ready to leave instead of trying to relax on my husband's birthday as planned. The hammering continued through us getting ready and leaving at noon. Both exhausted, my husband stopped by the front desk and talked to the staff. They were very nice but the lady told him that the leak was fixed at 8:30 am and that they start construction around 11 am every day (which we were never told about), BUT just as she said that a person from maintenance came by and heard her and said that they were in fact still trying to fix a leak. I really try to be understanding because I work in the service industry, but honestly, the stay was not an the enjoyable getaway we were hoping for.

The bar was lovely and the hotel staff was great the people were so helpful good parking spots .
    • Standard Room

There was not any good lighting by the closet area but other than that the room was great and comfortable thanks holiday inn.

I loved the bathroom makeup mirror beautiful always quiet good place to let your hair down.

Great place to stay when in chicago

Maintenance workers did not clean up after themselves and the manager was contacted and had to make them clean up the hallways.

The front desk member(Cindy) was so friendly and helpful! She made my stay very pleasant. I would go back just because of here.

Pleasant, restful and enjoyable.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Although this was not a real problem, the electrical at the desk stopped working. I moved the coffee pot and since this was not a work trip or a working vacation, I actually forgot to mention it to the staff. The weather was bitterly cold so I imagine that was a cause of the problem. Incidentally, the room was toasty which considering the below zero temperatures outside, was very nice.

As usual, the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Jennifer and Marcus. The rooms were very clean. The bed was comfortable and, even though I was there on New Year's Eve, my room was relatively (and acceptably) quiet. I also like Bar Louie's, the breakfast and the ability to get a quick night cap before bed.

I couldn’t get any drinking water at night.

I couldn’t get any drinking water at night. Vending machines out of order and in the bar I could get only liquor. So I spend thirsty night till the morning, when I got to the store and bought case af water

Oak Brook Terrace Holiday Inn.

This isn't really fair because facility is being remodeled, but hallway carpet was worn and room bath fixtures showed wear as well.

Staff was very friendly. Room was tidy, clean and comfortable.

Me and my girlfriend stayed overnight and in the morning...

Me and my girlfriend stayed overnight and in the morning going to get breakfast the staff made us feel uncomfortable like they didn’t want to serve us or something and the food is horrible.

It was overpaid and very unhapoy

I paid extra for breakfast the staff when I checked in said I did not had to tell him I did then he decided he was doing me a favor by giving me breakfast vouchers in all reality I paid for them I paid almost 200 dollars for a room the phone did not work I had to go downstairs and tell them the phone did not work I had to go down and ask them for the WiFi password they were very unfriendly and for the cost that I paid plus have to tip a waitress for breakfast is ridiculous and uncalled for will never stay here again can rent a cheaper nicer hotel with free breakfast

The room was clean that was it

Comfy, but could be more cleaner.
    • Standard Room

Pool was dirty. Looked like a blood stain on wall. It was gross.

Comfy, but could be cleaner. I liked the breakfast. Pool needed to be cleaned, around the floor and walls

Great Stay

Nothing was wrong. Property was under construction but everything was still clean. Wish there was better parking. Overall was a great stay.

Easy to find there was a store and bar there didn't have to go far for food. The stag was helpful. The room was clean.

Wouldn't stay here again - there are many other comparable but cleaner places in the area.
    • Standard Room

As soon as we got to our floor, it smelled stale. Our room smelled the same. It simply just felt dirty in our room -- looking at corners in the bathroom, there was grime. Walls by the door had splatters of yuck as well. I was very glad that I had brought my own pillow and blanket, and that we only were staying one night because I refused to shower based on the lack of cleanliness.

The lobby was very clean and staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Good Location

Parking was not good. We came back around 11:30pm and could not find a parking spot and had to park in the plaza next to the hotel (which made me worry our car would get towed). My husband got up early to move it back to the hotel lot.

Staff was super friendly.

I thought that for the money we were paying it wasn't...

I thought that for the money we were paying it wasn't worth it, yes you were a little closer to everything but the rooms were mediocre with cowb webs on the ceiling and the bathrooms in the rooms were cramped and old

Good location, a few areas falling short.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is in the middle of renovations- I don't recall this being mentioned at booking. There were workmen in all corners of the main floor/lobby. We must have stayed in a partially renovated room. The furniture looked updated but the mattress was lumpy and the pillows seemed to be old & lumpy, too. Our bathroom only had conditioner and a half-used bottle of lotion on the amenities tray- no soap whatsoever. We had to track down a housekeeping cart to get what we needed. The hotel seemed very busy and it's parking lot was full. We have stayed at other Holiday Inns that were much nicer than this property. Perhaps when they finish all of their renovations...

Location was convenient; we were just there for one quick overnight and wanted to do shopping at Oak Brook Center the next day. The greeting/service at check-in was very pleasant and informative. The buffet breakfast at BarLouie was simple but quite good. The French Toast and the poached eggs and bacon were delicious.

The staff is always amazing!

I didn't like that the sink was cracked and the iron leaked water.

The staff is always amazing! Renovation, all though it took while to get checked in, I understood due to the renovations!

Dj stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

People next room were smoking weed. So my room smell really bad. My girlfriend got a headache due to it.... and i was in the non smoking section...

cleanest

Nice stay

There is an additional $50 pet fee apparently even for service animals, which mine is, and there is a $50 "incidentals charge" that is placed on your card and refunded later that we did not know about until checking in. Made the rooms we booked a bit pricier than we expected.

Room was clean, hotel was fully booked yet still quiet and peaceful. Convenient location and the beds are very comfortable.

Comfortable bed and pillows.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Quiet didn't have to deal with loud neighbors. Bar Louie was open late to get food late. Photos on site were actual photos. I have been to some hotels that were very decieving.

Chicago/Oak Brook
    • Executive Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This property is definitely over-priced for what is being offered. It is an old hotel remodeled. Not the worst we've stayed in and also not the best. The room had leftover garbage in it and the linens were not very clean. Be careful with the accomodation information Listed on Booking.com because it said we were supposed to have certain things and once we arrived and entered the room we did not have those things.

It is located in a great area with lots of great places to eat and shopping.

Never Again!
    • Standard Room

Well my 10 year found a condom wrapper under the bed, and when we walked out to the car the kitchen help was smoking marijuana in the parking lot! I will not be staying here again!

customer service was good.. she was very friendly and helpful

Very Nice!

Staff was nice ,very nice Hotel, very clean and the rooms were equipped with everything, Bed was really comfy , will certainly stay here again, and the price was very affordable!

overall enjoyable. front desk man mariza helpful/pleasant; in spite of parking

difficult to find a parking spot. better parking lot security; seemed like alot of folks roaming the lot after dark. only decaf coffee in the room

location to planned shopping/eating. room clean; good appearance; liked the bed/pillows/towels

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Satisfied.

They charged me $50 more for another tax than was on the booking site.

It was clean. The staff was very friendly, and helpful. The breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Nobody said I had to pay a $50 deposit upon arrival!
    • Standard Room

Nobody said I had to pay a $50 deposit upon arrival!! I book a smoking room and hotel was non smoking!! Daughter got sick so I had to check out early! Housekeeping was notified & didn't clean room therefore I paided for a 2night stay bcuz I checked in late Friday about 12:30-1am & out 12-1pm Saturday & hotel wouldn't accommodate!!!! &Amp; reduce price!! I was a emergency my daughter was having a asthma attack!! What a rip-off!! Neighbors was in & out all night, loud, rude, noisy, loud music all night

Excellent service and excellent customer service
    • Standard Room

They advertised a exercise room but they didn't have one.

The bed was very comfortable.the bar and restaurant had very reasonable prices and the food and servers were excellent. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip.

Customer service was great!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking.. Could barely find a spot.

Customer service was great!! James who checked us in was awesome made us feel comfortable and welcomed. As well as other friendly staff. Breakfast Buffett was delicious.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

No problems, very nice. Would stay there again.

Music, possibly from the bar, could be heard in my room, till after midnight.

The bed was good, the bathroom clean. All amenities and toiletries were there. Front staff helpful and friendly.

just what I needed

Front desk had problems with singing me in and finally after 20 minutes they finally said here is your room and we'll figure it out and call you. Then when I got home I was double charged and I spent another 30-40 minutes trying to get that removed. What should I get for my time?

just what I needed

Very disappointed with reception rude employee

Personal at front desk not friendly at all. Man at front was rude he seemed upset he was having problems with the computer. Was very uncomfortable we will not stay here ever again the room was ok but the staff needs to improve on their people skills we felt unwelcome.

It was amazing.
    • Standard Room

The bathtub was a little slippery, my little brother almost fell.

Everyone was so friendly and the bed and pillows were super comfy.

Excellent stay nice staff housekeeper great
    • Standard Room

Nice cool room comfortable bed very clean

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

overall it was a fantastic and awesome stay will definitely consider this location on the next visit

lighting on patio behind pool could've been brighter

Location and shopping amenities'

Beautiful and clean

Beautiful and clean

The bed was amazing.
    • Standard Room

Not sure about breakfast and dinner times. Not menu in room.

The bed was amazing. Really organized.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The restaurant was very nice

Washing machine did not work and the engineer was not helpful

The restaurant was very nice

We liked the location.

We liked the location. It was super close to the places we needed to go and easy to get on the highway.

The customer service at the hotel was great.

No mat or support strips in the bath tubs.

The customer service at the hotel was great.

Excellence

That's you have to pay for breakfast

I asked for a room close to the pool didn’t get it

Good location and affordable
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Overrun w kids. Music in bar was loud. Had to make repeated trips to front desk for new keys. Elevator was unstable.

Good location and affordable

I liked everything about the room and the service

I liked everything about the room and the service

diappointment
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

maid service did a half -ass job, didnt reneww coff. cups, towels

venue was nice, rest was nice, for the most art staff was great

This is not a clean hotel.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This is not a clean hotel.

No happy at all
    • Standard Room

I didn’t like the fact that the cleaning crew went into my room after they seen the do not disturb sign on the door

Very friendly staff

Very friendly staff

In general I had a good time ,and keep up the good job
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I like the bed,the shower,I haven't used it the indoor swimming poole and of course the loction. The parking lot is also good .

Really nice stay

limited parking

Staff, food, cleaniness

The facilities were great, but the parking was terrible.

The parking was very small, and I had to park in another parking lot.

The staff was friendly.