Reviews of Holiday Inn Resort The Lodge at Big Bear Lake 3 stars

#24 of 75 hotels in Big Bear Lake

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Best vacation in awhile 😊😊
    • King Room with Fireplace

It took awhile for us to get helped at the restaurant here in the hotel

The location is great. The parking was good as well and the fact that everything was walking distance was a plus. The food at the restaurant was amazing. I also liked that we where able to check in a little early that made it super easy for us.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Nothing special. For the price it should have been.
    • King Room with Fireplace

Way over priced for what you get. The hotel is out dated and the food was very expensive for the quality that it was. I suppose the reason they charge so much is the location. I would not stay there again because of the high price. It's not worth what they charge.

The location was good. Near the villiage

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Good location, nice pool area.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace

At ck in, we waited 1 hour at desk, They said booking.com didnt pay them. So we might get double charged. We spent 500 for 2 days in second rate hotel. Disappointed. Got a fireplace room, with 1 chair, so I stood. To look at fire next to my husband.

Good location, nice pool area. Ok bar. But empty on Fri, sat nite s. Felt awkward.

It was a great place to stay ,right by down town.

Like everything

It was a great place to stay ,right by down town. Had everything right at the hotel so didn't need to even leave. Food at the restaurant was excellent, so was the service.

Relaxing

I honest cannot think of anything.

I like the spa being hot and readily available. The staff gave excellent tips on where to eat locally. I am very happy with hpw this trip turned out. Also having Directv in the room was very cool.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Overall great stay.
    • King Room with Fireplace

No towel rack/hook near bathroom sink. Had to keep hand towel on the counter so it didn’t really dry between each use. Also not enough hooks near shower for 3 bath towels.

Spacious room with fireplace

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I enjoyed it

I was not happy with a little service elevator to get to my room really strange. I think if you stay on upper floors there is a regular elevator

I really liked the location and really comfortable beds.

Unsatisfied staying

No enough bath supplies... And when we asked for, they let us wait for one hour to provide us with what we need. And at 11:00 am sharp they came to kick out my mom, an old lady, who was still doing her luggage to leave the room. It was so bad to treat her like that especially that the hotel was nearly empty ....

We loved the Hotel and the pool rooms were excellent and very close walking distance to ur village 🤗

The breakfast it was very dry potatoes eggs and toast was interesting ...... The pancakes were good tho and bacon 👍fruit was excellent 🤗 When u entered the hotel it was overpowering with cranberry powder spray or some kind of potpourri spray it was awful I had the splitting worst 🤕 But the rooms were fresh and clean it helped me sleep 😴👍

The bed was so comfy and I needed a good rest and relaxation ! We slept so good we didn’t move 🤗👍 the black out curtains helped also !

Good. Would stay again and try to upgrade the room. Location was perfect....

Would have liked a room with a balcony... I find when you book thru sources such as booking.com/ Expedia etc. they always give you the least desirable rooms. We also had a problem with the toilet running. We had to fiddle with it several times during the night...Good Need more choices for Happy Hour food.

The location was terrific. Right next to town....

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
    • King Room with Fireplace

Air in our room was extremely dry. My fiance and I woke up with dry noses in the mornings, to the extent that I suffered from a bloody nose the last morning. Not sure if that is something they can control, but just a heads up for those who are sensitive - travel with a humidifier!

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was ready and welcoming. We even enjoyed the jacuzzi on our last night. The resort is located in a perfect area. We walked everywhere when I was not traveling to the high school for business. Would definitely stay here again for our next trip up to Big Bear.

Bed and room were very clean and comfy.
    • King Room with Fireplace

While they advertised room service online and in the in-room materials, when we tried to order there was no room service. Also took around 5 minutes to even see a staff member when we went to the restaurant.

Bed and room were very clean and comfy.

The fireplace
    • King Room with Fireplace

Bed was uncomfortable You could hear everything outside in the hallway and other rooms. I came to relax and ended up not sleeping at all.

The fireplace

Mediocre
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace

2 city tax charges, resort fee. Ridiculous. Will not stay here again. We didn't even use the pool/spa but get charged a resort fee. This used to be included in the past. Too greedy. People upstairs sounded like they were dropping bowling balls constantly. Very annoying.

Nice clean room.

Good place to stay for a night or two. Walking distance to shops and restaurants.

The fireplace was nice, however the timer made a loud noise and could not enjoy it without the TV on. Also it stopped working after the third time. The rooms were a bit small for comfort.

We did not have breakfast during our stay. The bed was not very comfortable.

Unfriendly Owner or Staff
    • King Room with Fireplace

As a gift for my son and his wife who was not happy with the room location as the view was the parking lot. When trying to change rooms the person at the desk was very disagreeable. Said "that the room you chose". There was only a request of upper or lower floor on the site. He thinks the desk clerk was either an owner or the owner's relative. In any case they only stayed one night.

Gift for my son who's only positive comment was that it was clean.

Relaxing , fun , very enjoyable.
    • King Room with Fireplace

The stairs in the lobby to get to the elevator We don’t like dogs in the hotel

Location decor size of our room fireplace size of the bathroom Comfortable bed Very nice employees Loved all the smiles

Great hotel to stay for good rates and location
    • King Room with Fireplace

More attention should be made to rooms - TV wasn't working properly, the coffee machine exploded all over, and I had a hard time getting the shower turned on, as the handle may need replacing. Unfortunate, since the room was lovely otherwise.

Even though we were unable to participate in happy hour, the hotel had a nice set up with good music in the lobby area. A definite must do next time.

Awesome stay, will come back
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace

The hotel is hi quality, room super comfortable, the fireplace, even do is gas, makes it cabin feel...when we arraived the complement us with a glass of wine, very nice!

location is good.

airconditioner sound too loud to sleep, inside restaurant food is expensive but too salt and pretty bad food even lower quality than fast food. please eat outside. breakfast same as motel level food quality.

location is good. hotel bathroom and bed room are good, nice fireplaces.

the stay was good.

The rooms were nice, however I was disapointed that the room did not have a bible to read. I am a Christian and look forward to reading the Bible at hotels I stay in. I did not get to read the Bible during my stay. It would be nice if you could put Bible in your rooms.

the overall comfort was great and staff was friendly.

It was a little pricey but worked perfectly!

It took a long time for to get hot water running.

The location is fantastic! I also liked the staff letting me know a better place to park and enter the hotel to get to my room quickly.

The evening wine and appetizer reception at 5pm was a nice...
    • King Room with Fireplace

The sink did not drain very well and the fire place did not radiate much heat due to the large grill covering the front for safety reasons. Hot tub was only 85 degrees one night we tried to use it so we did not.

The evening wine and appetizer reception at 5pm was a nice bonus.

We are going to be returning guests, we loved the hotel!
    • King Room with Fireplace

Well someone was trying to open our door. I do think they was just a little mixed up on where their room was located.

The Hotel up-graded us which was very nice of them and we had a view of the pool and the Hotel was so close to Big Bear Village, which was a bonus for us.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Comfortable accommodations and great location! A definite recommendation.

X-Large bedroom w/a wonderfully comfortable bed and a warm fireplace. This is our second year staying here and we were very pleased on both visits.

Not impressed.
    • King Room with Fireplace

Found cockroach in room , elevator down , fire alarmed malfunctioned during am and pm, at checkout staff not helpful or courtesy. Also , maintenance staff left mess in hallways after working in ceiling. Overall disappointed.

Clean and Quiet, HBO included.

The bed mattress is sunk in where bodies lay. The window should open more. The housekeeper did not close the door until it latched, as we could push it open without using the key card when we returned in the evening. When this was mentioned at the checkout desk, the receptionist Re'Anna at the desk did nothing to acknowledge my comment.

The location of the hotel was excellent, right in town. The room was clean and quiet. TV program selection was excellent!

It was our honeymoon and over all we had a nice relaxing week

The keurig coffeemaker did not work they did bring coffee up the first morning but the other 2 mornings we had to go down and buy coffee. There was a lot of construction going on.

The location was great. very close to the village Staff was very nice

Small if you have kids.

The Hotel is in a great location but the rooms are quite small if you have a child with you. The beds are extremely uncomfortable. Needs a a bit of update for being a Holiday Inn. Saying that staff in the restaurant are GREAT and the food was delicious!

Not Worth the Money We Paid

There was a lot of noise which could be heard in the hallways and rooms next door (just normal noises, not inappropriate guests). They turned the water off in the middle of my shower without warning and without an appropriate response (no apology) . The room key cards stopped working on multiple occasions. It was our anniversary and we expected better service and quality for the money we paid.

Location was central to many activities. The breakfast was nice but expensive if not purchased with the room. The room was clean with comfortable bedding.

Booking.com got it wrong! Property was fine
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace

Either the hotel or booking.com got our room wrong. We were supposed to have a deluxe King with fireplace but when we got here no fireplace and a queen bed. Staff tried to change it but no rooms available. Also booking.com said we got a freebreakfast but that was not true either

Nice located centrally located

Family friendly

N/a

It’s walking distance to the village with numerous shops and restaurants. There’s a weekend trolley stop in front of the hotel that takes you to points of interests. The hotel has restaurant where kids eat free. Many bonuses at this hotel! Would recommend.

Highly recommend staying here for at least two nights.

Only that we couldn't stay longer.

We liked so many things about this resort. The staff was friendly and accommodating (let us park our motorcycles under the roof at the entrance). It's location is right next to the Village which has everything you would want (restraurants-bars-stores-shops). And the rooms were great...good water pressure, cozy temperatures and the beds were extremely comfortable.

Stay somewhere else!
    • King Room with Fireplace

Room was basic. Not even that clean.

Room overall was a bit minging (dirty) Carpet filthy. Bathroom old and hotel in desperate need of refurb in general.

Great value for the price. I would stay here a gain for sure.
    • Single Room with Bath

Facility is a bit older and could use a bit of a makeover. The closet doors are "clunky" and hard to open/close and the closet itself was a bit small; I had to store my luggage in the room. Not a big deal, but just an observation.

Hotel is in walking distance from everything. Staff is friendly and helpful. And the use DirecTV as their tv provider which I loved; it made it so much easier to watch tv when actually staying indoors.

Great lpcatoon, too bad the service wasn't good
    • Single Room with Bath

Our room wasn't ready at 3 pm. They were still cleaning our room when we finally did check in. We requested early check in but was told no. We went to clerlbrwre our anniversary and babymoon and were in a room directly along the hallway and it was so loud and we barely slept

I liked the location

The lodge was clean and well maintained.
    • King Room with Fireplace

The lodge was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly, and the location is outstanding. Walking distance to the village at Pine Knot for shopping and dining. Also great for talking a walk on secondary roads to see quiet areas of Big Bear.

it was a Holiday Inn, that explains everything.

Hanger rods are too close to the to, the rooms are too noisy, the bathroom fixture is too low and is a home cheap unit not suitable for a hotel, you must use stairs to get to your room, even on the "ground" floor.

location was the only thing positive

This place is adorable! and that stops the minute you enter the property.
    • Single Room with Bath

Buckle up. I wrote this while still at the property because I had to get it out or I'd ruin my own mini-vacation screaming at people. What a Wreck. We come up to Big Bear several times a year and usually rent a cabin - we’ve driven and walked by this place numerous times and really loved the “ski lodge” look of the place with its beautiful fountains and many balconies. We were surprised to see that it was a Holiday Inn Resort property because Holiday Inn locations are usually nice and comfortable but rarely quite such a showpiece. We’d thought several times that we wanted to stay there sometime and decided that since all of our activities this visit were centered around The VIllage area, this was the perfect spot. We won’t make that mistake again. Location Evaluation: Perfect if you’re there for The Village. Since we were in town primarily for shopping and an event at The Cave, there may not be a more perfectly located place to stay. There's even a Trolley Stop in the parking lot - but it's in an odd location and it's not clear where exactly you're meant to wait for it. ie., there's not a bench or even a clearly defined area to stand, you're literally standing in the middle of the driveway or in a parking space or on a berm. You're also on your own to figure out where the Trolley actually runs, what the hours are, etc. That may be the Trolley company's oversight when you're not on property, but when you're on hotel property it becomes a hotel problem. Recommendation to management: Trolley Stop should be marked better and there should be more of an effort to communicate where that runs. This may involve communication with the trolley people but if there’s a Trolley Stop on premise, communication shouldn’t be a challenge. Parking Evaluation: Unusual but adequate Parking arrangement is a little peculiar. There seems to be plenty of it.

This place is located just steps from The Village, so if your stay is there and walking distance your biggest concern, this place is superb. When they get roomservice meals right, it's really terrific. As described below, this could be hit or miss though. The place itself is beautiful - huge and traditional "mountain lodge" that barely looks at all like a traditional hotel. Fits with Big Bear perfectly.

Would stay again, absolutely...

Wonderful stay... Showed up at reception area upon check-in and was greeted with complimentary beer and wine along with snacks.. comfortable bed along with excellent pillows..

The staff was nice and very helpful.

Three soda machines on the first floor didn't work. But the front desk had stuff available.

The staff was nice and very helpful. Great having a restaurant there. They even had entertainment there.

B+ Almost up to Holiday Inn standards but trying with a scruffy but helpful staff.
    • Single Room with Bath

No water in room on second morning. No warnings or updates given. Not a real "secured" facility but maybe not necessary in laid back Big Bear.

Excellent location right in the village. A lot of lit parking. Fireplace. Keurig coffee in the room.

Great location and venue for a good price

The only down or negative was the comfort of the bed (it was surprisingly really stiff and uncomfortable and didn't seem to match the quality of everything else in the ambience). I would definitely stay here again though!

Location was great! It is located one street over from Pine Knot Village which was great since you could just walk over and avoid looking for parking. Value for the price went a long way - venue was fairly clean, amenities offered was nice, staff was awesome.

Will not stay there sgain

Room was next to laundry facilities and all night long the door to facilities was constantly opened & banging shut. No sleep for anyone in the room.

Location was good

Clean facilities, comfortable bed, easy check-in, quiet...
    • Single Room with Bath

Too big - hard to navigate

Clean facilities, comfortable bed, easy check-in, quiet location. Walking distance from Big Bear Village which was very convenient.

I loved everything about it.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

All the ice machines and drink machines did not work on any floor. SOLD out.

I loved everything about it. easy access and looked great. Also took a while to check in.

WE WILL BE BACK!!
    • King Room with Fireplace

We made reservations to have the room ready at 12:00, then we were told they don't check anybody in before 3:00. We drove from Santa Monica and had to wait for a few hours. Everything else was "GREAT"

We loved the people and the all the workers were very helpful and kind. Kevin & Gina Jackson!! We will be back!!

Birthday week in Big Bear
    • Single Room with Bath

Elevators were very slow. No ice available

They let me into the room much sooner than planned (it was raining and I had to leave camp). The breakfast buffet.

Great location and people...the bed needs to match.

The bed was a little hard and the pillows could've been more full, for my taste.

front desk personnel was very nice and professional. Big Bear Village shops and restaurants were a minute's walk.

Location mainly.
    • Single Room with Bath

Bathroom floor was sticky and toilet bowl flush lever was very loose, like it was about to fall off. Bad impression.

Location mainly. It is is a well maintained facility for the most part.

Location was convenient to village, large parking lot, friendly staff.

Only one mirror over small sink in bathroom. Housekeeping forgot to leave bath towels in room. Had to drag suitcase up and down stairs to access room because 'handicapped' lift wasn't working. Elevator was not on the lobby floor. Had to go downstairs to access elevator.

Room was newly renovated. Very clean and comfortable

One of the Asian male Front Desk Agent was not helpful when...
    • Single Room with Bath

One of the Asian male Front Desk Agent was not helpful when I checked-in. He did not acknowledge me at all when I was checking-in. Also he had forgotten to give me a breakfast voucher.

Discount penalty
    • Single Room with Bath

The room was handicap accessible which was not necessary. It had a view of the dumpster. The shower head did not function properly. It seemed like booking.com rate was penalized.

The room was quiet, comfortable, large and had a Keurig in the room.

Lovely hotel within walking distance to Big Bear Village.

The outdoor pool faces the parking lot which is too bad given the beautiful scenery around the hotel.

Great location, within walking distance to the village and only a fifteen minute bike ride to Snow Summit. The weekend trolley stops right outside the hotel as well.

We enjoyed a very relaxing get-away here ! :)
    • King Room with Fireplace

8 inch low 'sand' chairs on the balcony. Staff did replace w/ standard height patio chairs for us old folks upon request. Were told an elevator at back of bldg. was our access, as only stairs were next to lobby to easily reach 2nd floor. Upon check-out it was learned only 7 steps & a closer elevator was also available, which would have been easier enuff for us to manage thru-out our stay....and also then learned cookies & coffee available each morning in the lobby, which we missed. :(

The nice firm bed & comfortable pillows. Most of all, the private balcony for private outdoor space, which overlooked the pool area. The fireplace was a treat to try in the evening tho it was mid-summer! We are an older couple & enjoyed more time relaxing in the spacious room than the lesser time needing to be spent for our choice of off-premises meals, driving around the lake & stopping in a few gift shops. Various staff members always had a pleasant greeting for us. Erika was most helpful on all requests. The microwave & mini-fridge were helpful & learning how to operate the new-fangled Keurig coffee machine was fun !

Best choice for business travel in the Big Bear area.

The on-site Stillwells restaurant is fine, but there are many better options available within easy walking distance that have more value for the money.

Perfect for business travel to the Big Bear area. Comfortable rooms with a functional desk you can actually do work on, well stocked business/conference center, on-site 24/hr laundry, wi-fi was generally fast and reliable. Nice fitness center. Convenient location that's close to almost everything in the area. Tons of parking. Staff were totally pleasant and a real treat to work with. In-room climate control is much nicer than the usual wall-mounted units you see at a standard Holiday Inn.

You get what you paid for
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

The doors to the rooms slam every time someone leaves their room. This makes it difficult to sleep. The AC is not sufficient to cool the common areas. The hallways are dark and dingy and hot reminding me of a care facility my grandmother lived in. There are no USB chargers

We had an issue with the room upon arrival, toilet seat was not attached, the tub would not drain and the sliding glass door to the balcony was broken unable to shut. I reported it to the staff and they had all issues corrected within an hour.

Place to Stay in case there is no other available

Floors dirty, hallway dirty, staff disattentive to guess requests ( had to call a couple times to get a cot placed in the room)

Location and firmness of the mattress

Old Holiday Inn with good location.
    • King Room with Fireplace

Nears a complete overhaul. Patio & closet door broken. Carpets old. Bed not comfortable. No towel rack where you wash your hands, toilet paper the thinnest & so rough. Finally, we asked for a room with king bed & fireplace but were given a room with 2 queen beds instead. Manager took one nights rate off bill when we left. So he was good!

Location was only good thing.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Good find
    • Single Room with Bath

Smell in the hallways as you get off the elevator, like old or mildewy carpet.

The bed was very comfortable. I forgot where I was when I woke up :) I also like the fireplace and the chair next to it. I didn't have to use it, but I thought that would be something I would come back for during the cooler months. Good walking distance from the village.

Excellent value hotel in the mountains

We checked in on a Thursday and checked out on a Saturday. Thursday evening was very quiet. Friday evening was a nightmare. All the partiers were outside their rooms till literally 2 am. We called the front desk who dispatched someone, but the partiers would just start up again a short time later. So my advice is if you want to stay at this hotel and sleep is important, then stay Sun-Thu and you will be very happy. If you stay on a weekend, then bring ear plugs!

The staff were very polite and professional. The hotel is in a great location, right next to the village, and is clean and has a many ammenities. I really liked the decor. We stayed in a King Room with a balcony and a fireplace. The room has plenty of space and the bed was vey comfortable. The breakfasts were also very good. We chose the buffet because there was such a wide variety of things to choose from. An excellent value.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Clean but needs to be updated
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace

The furniture and carpet old and worn. Sheets scratchy.

I liked the fireplace, fridge, and Keurig coffee maker in the room. Bed was comfortable. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Room was cozy and comfortable.
    • King Room with Fireplace

Better view. Room looked over a parking area and maintenance area.

Room was cozy and comfortable. Staff went out of their way to make sure we had all questions answered and that we knew the safest way to travel down the mountain due to bad weather conditions.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Looks great from the outside...
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms were far from clean, the carpets were dirty and the rooms smelled of pets. If you are going to have pet friendly rooms, you should be given a choice if you want to stay in them. The air conditioning was poor and the bathroom facilities were tired. Overall not what I expect from Holiday Inn. The waiting staff are hit and miss, some are lovely and helpful, others are a challenge!

The location was great and parking was easy. The hotel was ideally suited to getting to the village and the lake. It had a decent pool for adults and children.

Nice and Pleasant

What could of been better is a more friendlier welcome and a friendlier goodbye approach. I was hoping to walk in with a more uplifting hello and my check out front desk got a little busy, but a "I'll be right with you" would have been nice instead of a small stare down on why was I there.

I really liked that the hotel had reminders in the room making sure our stay would be the best it can be. This made me feel confident that my family would be happy with the room. We weren't disturbed by staff and our floor was quite quiet. I liked that our room had a fridge and microwave, flat screen with good channels. clean bathroom, clean sheets, and the AC worked.

Decent hotel!
    • Single Room with Bath

I feel like the pet fair was pretty pricy, $75 here with no money back but I know a place that it's only $15.

Room was nice and comfortable, loved that they had a keurig instead of a regular coffee maker. Bed was pretty decent, and at night location was quite.

Honestly beautiful.

Honestly beautiful. Everything was so close by we had a movie theater, restaurants near by, stores near by it was all walking distance and incredibly breathtaking.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The bed was so soft!
    • King Room with Fireplace

The bed was so soft! We stayed in a long room with fireplace. It wasn't ready when we arrived which was inconvenient but we just went and grabbed some brews and they compd us free breakfasts so that was nice.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

i come back!

The bar colsed at 8 but there is so many in walk distance so itvis not a really problem..

this property is on a good central location, they give me a free upgrade to a nice room with Fireplace, Staff are friendly and helpful

A Holiday Worth Having
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace

The fact that there weren't any towels and that the heater was stuck on when we arrived was disappointing.

I really liked the way that staff IMMEDIATELY responded to the lack of towels and the broken air conditioner. Also, the location is directly adjacent to The Village at Big Bear.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Possibly best place in Big Bear for kids!

I made the reservation for the wrong day, I called to change, but it was not changed. Upon arrival the GSA gave me the feeing I didn't have a room, but FOM assured me with a smile it was no problem! My reservation included breakfast, but it was never mentioned to me, I had to ask for it at check-out and was told it would be removed, but I did not confirm he did. The employee only areas should be closed at all times as they were generally propped open and a mischievous person could cause loss or damage. Also, exterior of building, especially in back, needs to be better kept. Many guests park and enter from the rear are looking at trash (cables, posts, building materials) that makes the property feel trashy... and a downed tree limb across the icy sidewalk is a safety issue. Lastly, FD would not provide the guest service of MAILING A POSTCARD :( gave me wrong directions to take to the post office MYSELF... I had to go to a lesser hotel for help, too basic of a service to have a guest leave on a bad note. I think it is IHG standard to "say YES to the guest request"!

FOM - noted her name, but forget. My son enjoyed the game room, we both enjoyed the breakfast. Room conditions were perfect! Front of hotel well kept, inviting.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Great property but be careful if you have pet allergies and don't mind dry pastries.

The first room we we're given smelled so bad I could not breath when I open the door that I had to use my inhaler. The second room was better no chemical smells but I had some problems with my allergies the rest of the night. As a member of the Asthma and Allergies foundation I would suggest the property have rooms set aside that are completely free of pets. Breakfast buffet was okay but the pastries were very dry and the food was not hot enough.

Location to center town.

Convenient, a little pricey, not a romantic place.
    • King Room with Fireplace

Fireplace was not worth the extra money. Dinner facility was not very romantic. Open and brite and a little noisy.

The food was very excellent at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Very nice room, easy walking distance to town.
    • King Room with Fireplace

Inadequate staffing in dining room. The few staff that were there worked really hard & had good attitudes while working efficiently.

Very nice room, easy walking distance to town.

Great stay, happy vacation!

Additional reading lights and more towel bars to hang towels would be good. Wifi slow, but a welcome blessing in disguise. It was nice for kids to take a break from electronic devices; drawing, spending more time outdoors, and having great conversation instead!

Friendly greeting by Thomas and Von at the front counter when we arrived. And also a cold beer from a lobby function, after our harrowing drive up the mountain! Spacious room, with comfortable beds, great shower. It was a chilly night, and the heating system was effective and easy to control. Friendly staff. Location was excellent, an easy walk to the village for dinner. We all enjoyed our breakfast the next morning at Stillwells, the omelette bar, delicious! Great stay, we would definitely stay here again.