Reviews of Holiday Inn San Francisco International Airport 3 stars

275 South Airport Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA

#17 of 26 hotels in South San Francisco

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

everything about this hotel was bad, first visit to a Holiday Inn and I don't think I'd ever stay at another one!

We waited at airport over 45 min in freezing cold @ 11:00 pm, Kuerig had already used kcup in it, as cold as the city is our heat didn't work/ it blew cold air unless it was set over 76 F and the front desk sent up one blanket for two queen beds , so I froze. Bathroom fan didn't work was so full of dust...dust all over the bathroom even counter tops and floor filthy, room had strong smell of urine!

The material on the head board was peeling off. The bathroom walls had places where things had been removed and patched. The new paint over the patch was a different color. There a silver plate on the wall where something had been on there but just left there. Room looks like needed a complete going over.

The staff where very nice. Park and shuttle was great.

The breakfast room was the bar/restaurant, it was very disappointing, along with poor breakfast and lacklustre service. Initially, we had a room opposite the cold drinks and ice making machine and beside the elevator. Very noisy, they moved us to quieter room on request, but then the air con was noisy.

Dinner was good, service was fine. Decor very dark and needing an update

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the rust spots in the bathtub. The bathrooms could use some updating.

The beds were comfy. The location was great. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

Room stunk, outdated, very dingy. The hotel food at the restaurant made my stomach upset and there's nothing else around that area not to mention I witnessed two employees fighting. I was charged more for my room than I was supposed to be because they didn't tell me that I would pay 1095 a night for parking and added on the taxes for that. Every single day I would go to go up to my room my key would not work. And the guy who works at the front desk or so much cologne you can smell it when you first walk in the door it was nauseating.also their WiFi is incredibly slow.

Lobby was nicest part about whole hotel

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

What I didn’t like was how I had housekeeping knocking and trying to get in the room about 6 times one after the other. After I had let them Know I was checking out at noon.

I liked the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff that helped me check in and out.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The wall is not quite sound-proof. Can clearly hear what the neighbours were doing during night :(

The bed is comfortable. Location is good - near airport and 101. Easy to go anywhere. Many local restaurants nearby.

1. I had been asked to hold three times when calling for shuttle service from the SFO airport. 2. The receptionist’s attitude was very rute and impatient when I was checking the shuttle service from the hotel to SFO airport.

Quite and clean

• Standard Room

My room had lipstick on the pillow case and toe nail clippings on the carpet. There was apparently no microwave in the whole hotel so I couldn't heat up my lunch on the second day. The TV kept loosing the station as well as the wifi.

The location was convenient and the bed was comfy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Houlihan's in the hotel is totally convenient, but not the healthiest of menus. They did serve a good burger.

Everyone was really nice. No customer service speak, just real nice. The room and hallways are a bit worn, but it was totally clean, so I really didn't care about that. It's not near the city, but for the conference next door and hotel 15 min away, it was the perfect spot.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that the staff were not very helpful especially one that worked in the front desk. Her name was “Tita” and when I asked her for various acomodations she just straight up said no, even when I asked about using or getting a microwave she was not very helpful at all. I am very unsatisfied wit my stay there that I will never book a room there again.

Breakfast was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

fewer parking spaces for the hotel guests and most of the parking spaces were being occupied by visitors of the restaurant located at the hotel. The WiFi would disconnect too often and was not reliable.

close to restaurants and shops

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Phone inside room had no dial tone. I used my phone to talk to front desk

Good and firm bed helped for sound sleep. Hotel inside is quiet, nice food we had in the restaurant at night, elevator tightly secured through card, great tasty coffee and overall space is big inside room. Some online review made us confused but when we arrived, we found they are wrong. It is a great place to stay and the price is too good was offered to us through booking.com

PARKING !!!!! Had to pay for parking and then couldn’t find any parking , ended up parking away from the property, quit a walk to the hotel ! Very frustrating!

Location and clean rooms .

Better selection at breakfast an d price of it. Proper coffee. Staff though were very good.

Room was comfortable. Staff were excellent, friendly and very helpful. There was a Tongan/ American lady who was very helpful and friendly.

Staff they are super bad! On a whole. Freaking Gm did not even return a phone call spent thousands in the last 4 months. Will use another hotel in future. Staff with attitude!!!!!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was poor. Layout was small. Shower area was not clean to expectation. Shower head was broken. Had trouble with water temp/only warm water at sink.

Value was decent. Restaurant in lobby was good.

• Standard Room

The hallway upstairs smelt like a deep smell of old smoke. Perhaps still in the carpets from years ago. Could do with removing. Didn’t effect our stay though and we’d stay again!

Very comfortable bed and delicious food at the on house restaurant downstairs.

• Standard Room

There were no clear instructions on the airport shuttle - I was waiting for an hour, and when I asked the drivers - they said wrong bus. Windows were very dirty. I was allocated a room next to the vending & ice machine - way too noisy Housekeeping knocked on the door several times around 08:00, while I was still sleeping or while I was on conference calls.

Food & service was good

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant had a very bad lingering smell during our breakfast in the early morning.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was fairly clean. The only lady staff in the restaurant was very helpful.

• Standard Room

It was fine. No problems..

This was a convenient location to get to the airport early the following morning. I took BART to the airport, called and the shuttle picked me up. The next morning, back to the airport.

• Standard Room

My reservation was silently cancelled by the hotel without any notification. Nobody tried to say sorry. Fortunately there were some free rooms. This is the only place in US where my MasterCard doesn't work. It's a shame.

Good breakfast

Terrible wait for shuttle. Ran much longer than 30 minute wait. Terrible front office phone coverage put me on hold for over 10 minutes without answering the phone. Took over 7 calls to the front desk to get through to a person to ask why the shuttle ran late. The shuttle route is bizarre passing the property to go first across the street for a drop off then returning through a dangerous cutting across 3 lanes of traffic to make a turn.

• Standard Room

Outrageous price, room in bad condition, terrible internet, noisy pipes in walls, dingy bathroom, broken toilet, no ironing board in room

Proximity to SFO

No pool nor jacuzzi which are essential before and after traveling. No breakfast included. Had to pay for parking.

Spacious and comfortable room. Very nice bed and sheets. Clean. Spotless bathroom.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Well the only thing was I didn't like that their wasn't a pool.

I liked that there was a restaurant inside the hotel so that my family and I didn't have to drive elsewhere.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No complementary breakfast. The mattresses were softer than I would like (I like a very firm mattress.

The room was well equipped, quiet, clean, and odor-free. I forgot to bring toothpaste, and the operator sent up a person with toothpaste when I phoned the front desk.

The hallway smelled of cigarette smoke. Some of the fixtures were broken. My request for a luggage transport didn't arrive for 40 minutes and after a second desk call.

I did like the proximity of the hotel to San Francisco. The room was a nice size.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had to pay $10 for parking, but there was no parking available. They wouldn't refund my money. Also ran my credit card at check in, my total was $155, but ran the card with a hold for $220... Didn't tell me until AFTER.

Room decor and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walls in the bathroom were peeling from moisture damage.

We liked the handicapped tub and it made my mom feel safe showering there. I also liked the variety of pillow options.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to pay $10 a day for parking even though we were staying at the hotel. That was ridiculous.

The bed sheets still had makeup on them so we asked front desk to remake the bed. When housekeeping showed up, he handed me a stack of sheets and walked away. I contacted the front desk the next morning and they offered us lunch in their restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Lobby could be updated and cleaning equipment stored elsewhere...not be the elevator with no one working or using vacuum, etc.\ When I booked I was not aware of the charge for parking, thought that was expensive.

The restaurant was clean with friendly staff and excellent tasting and prepared food. The hotel was very convenient to drive to and get to the airport.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Broken glass that looked like it was from a car in the parking lot was scared to leave my car after paying 10.00 to park user-friendly

The front desk was very accommodating..

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Ac broken in our first room. We were moved to a second room. Overall paint chipping in both rooms. Needs general upkeep. The airport shuttle pickup took way too long. Based on the printed schedule I think the guy skipped an entire round. We called twice and finally got picked up. The shuttle back to the airport was fine and on time.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Standard Room

The staff and facility was nice! However, my room was over the conference room where a party was taking place, loud music, vibrations & pounding...until 11-12 at night! Not pleasant!!!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The bed was as hard as a rock and the fixtures were dusty and crooked. It seemed like there was no care for the cleanliness of the facility.

I liked how close it was to the airport and the shuttle was amazing. The lately morning shuttle was great to catch the first flight out.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Room we chose said King bed and sofa bed. We got King bed and a lounger that won't convert to a bed. The length is too short for a bed. The four of us (2-adults and 2 kids) were like sardines on the bed. I specifically did not get a good night's sleep, not even a wink.

Clean room.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

We were sent to a room that was was not made - had to relocate. The restaurant was not managed! Went for dinner - meal was ok but bad service. Went for breakfast - no one was available to seat us so we left. I realize that not part of Holiday Inn.

Very easy to get to airport! Upset there was an overnight parking charge.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

we selected the breakfast option with our booking and were given a $20 voucher between 2 of us. Unfortunately the breakfast menu was restricted and expensive, $20 did not go very far.

Proximity to San Francisco airport

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't get a early check in like I was told, no breakfast and on the last day my room wasn't cleaned by housekeeping. Management didn't call and give us a discount for not cleaning our room !

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too much money Surprised us with a lot of taxes when we got there. Not the proper way to do business. Fine print isn't always read by the customer. Made me feel ripped off. That extra money u made from surprise taxes insures I'll never go back to a holiday inn

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Upon check out my rooms were charged to the wrong card. So I was double charged.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were very comfortable and quiet. Enjoyed the whole weekend.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The coffee needed more sugar and cream available like coffeemate vs scrappy cream powder. The cable t.v. was lame.

The food, the fanciness, the gal who checked us in, the pillows, bed.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Airport shuttle driver grumpy Room needs to be refurbished - looking old and worn breakfast limited choice mostly fried or sugar food not healthy

Room fine all clean, good service

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Standard Room

Staff are not smiling and not that friendly. Breakfast is awaful & limited The shuttle's chauffeur doesnt speak english and its dificult to communicate with them.

Bathroom clean Shuttle to/fm air port

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Saturday evening called for extra towels and washcloths. 2 fresh towels left in our room - 4 guests - 2 adults two children. Within 10 mins. Towels were delivered. I called back for washcloths as all used ones were removed from cleaning and not replaced. We checked out on Monday morning. NEVER received additional washcloths. Bought some at Target. Online site also said refrigerator and microwave in every room. Not! Only refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Took a long time to get hot water from a poor pressure shower head. Gap around entrance door, daylight or hall light visible.

Location, comfortable beds and pillows.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

We paid for breakfast with our room but it was over at 10:30am it would have been better if it was over at 11:00am . We did not get to have breakfast. Wish we would have been told at check-in what time it breakfast ended so we could have planned accordingly.

Room was spacious and had a refrigerator

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very outdated and needs a major renovation! Our door was jamming, we had no hot water, and there was a damp odor in the room so we had to crank the AC up high to get rid of the smell. My family was not comfortable sleeping at night because we were cold from the AC!

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The coffee maker in the room was out of order. No restaurants near the hotel except for the expensive one inside the premises

The location and the price

• Reviewed: 18 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is not included in fact. They give you voucher for 20 or 25 dollars. Breakfast for 4 peoples cost 50. It's mean it is not included. It is not true. Old facilities in room.

The bed was awesome. Very comfortable

Not well mentained

We got very high rates. It was available later at much lower rates.

Location was convenient. Room was decent size. Kept clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

i didnt get my requested extra bed :(

value for money :)

• Standard Room

The hidden fees. They owe me $40 from deposit. Never got it back.

Every thing was good.

There was a bathtub.

The housekeeping, knock the door many times! And ask if what time we are checking out... not once but trice!

All except

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't have a microwave. I wasted money because i couldn't heat up any of my food.😒

The beds and bathroom.

Charging for parking.

Bed very comfortable. Great accommodations.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location. Awesome hotel rate. Friendly staff. Swift guest service. Convenient parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff listened to our request and made sure to accommodate as best as they could.

Over rated fees and unesseary heading fees

more coffee, k cups go quick :)

Very good, safe location near airport. Will stay again!

• Standard Room

They dont have microwaves.

Their room is clean

elevator broken, Hotel dated

friendly staff

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room could have been cleaner. Carpet, corners and bed spreads.

It was a little older but was still acceptable, speaking of the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don’t liked the carpet inside & outside the room

I liked the room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One of our rooms was dirty. We got a new room, but Romone never switched it in the computer. The next day they put someone else In there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No free breakfast , dirty sheets and just overall a dirty hotel .

Absolutely nothing

• Standard Room

The front desk girl is fantastic and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Having to pay for Parking, The rooms don't seem so updated.

The shuttle did not work after midnight. I would have chosen another hotel.

• Standard Room

Bathroom needs to be modernized. Suitcase rack (valet?) would have been helpful

Services at the restaurant were excellent