Reviews of Holiday Inn - Bloomington W MSP Airport Area 3 stars

5120 American Blvd West, Bloomington, MN 55437, USA

#33 of 42 hotels in Bloomington

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The beds were comfortable.

The rooms smelled like stale smoke. While we were sleeping, someone very quickly knocked on the door and entered the room without waiting for an answer.

The beds were comfortable.

The bed was extremely comfortable!
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

I asked for a wake-up call that I never received. Luckily I had set several alarms on my phone as well.

The bed was extremely comfortable! The room was neat and clean, with modern furniture and plenty of outlets--essential these days! The restaurant staff was extra friendly, and my dinner was delicious.

The Bed was soft I loved the Tea and Kurig to make it the...
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing Negative to say.

The Bed was soft I loved the Tea and Kurig to make it the Mini fridge and Microwave came in handy and the swimming pool and hot tub relaxing. Caleb was helpful Checking in he remembered us from New year's Eve kept my Son Merritt from being bored though he gets hidden by front Check in our Wi-Fi worked well with his Tablet we got to Download more educational and fun games the Free ones . Also the staff was Friendly Nicole and helpful got our Shuttle called to Hotel made my Day when I was not Charged for Friday when I explained Birthday Bash ran late so you saved me money that way also we made our light rail connection got to church on time . Thank you for the Great Stay. Sincerely, Heidi Williams

It made us feel at home with an amazing connection to the staff. Thank you!

For the most part everything was pretty decent. Wish they did thorough inspections, due to us finding ants and pills in our room.

The Shuttle driver was so fun, the staff that checked us in, were just amazing very friendly made us feel very welcomed! ☺️

the staff was very friendly and I like the leisure area in...
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

that the restaurant was booked both nights and there was no room to sit anywhere, it was busy in the lounge part the one night.

the staff was very friendly and I like the leisure area in main room.

The breakfast is good and shuttle bus is convenient!
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom is too small since the toilet and bathtub are too close! Restructuring rooms are near the available rooms, which cause noises and dust....Not good for the guests.

The breakfast is good and shuttle bus is convenient!

Pick a different hotel!!!

Everything but rooms are confined to main floor even the ice machine. They add $57 to your total at check in and even tho I got a receipt under my door that said balance was zero I got charged $5.88 for turning in my room keys instead of just leaving them in the room and not checking out. Will be a different hotel next year. The price is ridiculous for such a shabby place. Very dissappointed!!

I think the facility has potential

There was a remodel in process which we were not informed about. We had 3 rooms, and two of them were not remodeled and were not particularly clean.

I think the facility has potential

Restaurant in the hotel was a real pleasant surprise.

Restaurant in the hotel was a real pleasant surprise. Ate there twice!

I enjoy this property. The property is clean and comfortable.
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The pool area could be in better condition..maybe needs updating with tile work, etc.

The bed was very comfortable

Birthday Stay

Birthday Weekend Kids
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

Everyone was Helpful with being Understanding about kids being Hyper ,Driver on Easter got us to Lightrail to make it from Church

Our stay was a very pleasant experience.

We liked the facilities, staff, shuttle, and price.

Facilities were clean and tidy. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Relaxing

Nothing To say Negative

Staff was very understanding and Helpful whole time Extended stay another Day

The shuttle and personal
    • Leisure King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were very small

The shuttle and personal

Good breakfast.

Long shuttle waiting time

Good breakfast. Kind personnel. Room OK although not too big.

I made reservations for my siblings as well and they were all pleased with the choice I made.

Don't have anything to complain about

Clean, newly redecorated accommodations. Great food at the restaurant and morning breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Loved the breakfasts!

Felt the pillows were marginal. They were very small pillows, although comfortable felt I needed more or bigger ones.

Loved the breakfasts!! Location was great and nice to have a bar/restaurant on-site.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Beds were comfortable - assortment of pillows.

One bed had a stained sheet - appeared to have been clean sheet but just stained - kind of creepy. Did not have to use it, thankfully. The bar closed Saturday evening for a private function - we specifically chose the hotel because it had a bar so was a little disappointing. Bathroon area very tight.

Beds were comfortable - assortment of pillows. Breakfast was better than most.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Free cookies for kids.

Bathroom was super small as was the pool wouldn't recommend if you plan on spending a lot of time in pool with kids especially if hotel is busy. The breakfast was ok would have been better if they would of had other meat besides sausage but it was free so really can't complain

Free cookies for kids. The little shop was nice.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

All the staff was nice and friendly.

All the staff was nice and friendly. They helped us find our way to places in Minneapolis. We also had left a bag behind and they kept all of it till we came back and picked it up we appreciated their help.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Housekeeping was pleasant.

The comforter had brown stuff on it.The WiFi wad suppose to be free but it wasn't, I had to use my data. The room was to compact.

Housekeeping was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

The hot breakfast which offered options, the pool area was...

Honestly, there was nothing i can say bad about the hotel on any of the days we were there

The hot breakfast which offered options, the pool area was very nice. The overall cleanliness of the entire hotel

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

The gentleman in the bar area when I asked for some...

The bathroom door never shut. It was broke. The refrigerator was warm. The bath tub had hair on the walls. Toilet paper was down to a half of roll. No tissue for your nose. The room had an awful smell. Wasn't a good experience for us

The gentleman in the bar area when I asked for some silverware very nice man

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Hotel was very clean and looked nice.

The pillows were a little small, and the headboard were kind of weird--your pillow could fall through them. Bathroom was a little small, but then again you shouldn't need a big bathroom when staying in a hotel.

Hotel was very clean and looked nice. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was fantastic. I would stay here again for sure.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

Breakfast was delicious with lots of variety.

The carpet in our room probably needs replaced, quite a few stains.

Breakfast was delicious with lots of variety. Pool was nice, but small. Hot tub was huge and hot. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Slept like a baby on the king size bed.

The breakfast needs a little more though put into it. If I have to wait in line for more then 10 minutes in the morning I would just walk away...

Slept like a baby on the king size bed. Great front desk staff, very friendly!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Excellent food, great housekeeping staff, comfortable rooms.

Excellent food, great housekeeping staff, comfortable rooms. The heat/ac/thermostat worked beautifully, allowing us to maintain a comfortable temperature during the daytime and at night--also the window could be opened for added temperature comfort at night. All in all, our stay was exceptional. We would definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Staff was courteous.

Tripped over ozone machine left plugged in room. Had to connect multiple cords to get power to dead tv, coffee pot... Carpets were worn and stained. No tv guide, only hbo pamphlet. No ice machine on my floor. Was told soda vending machine was out of order, but discovered 1 still worked. Seemed there were too many inconveniences with not many solutions from front desk.

Staff was courteous. Breakfast was great. Bathroom and bed was clean.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2016

Multiple times housekeeping tried to come into the room when...

Multiple times housekeeping tried to come into the room when I was sleeping. Also had issues multiple times with my key card not working and had to go back down to the front desk.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

General cleanliness.

Small room. Lived out of the closet.. Clothes, microwave, fridge and storage all in same closet. Small work out center. Set-up of breakfast was odd- three different locations for breakfast. (Cereal and juice in one room.. Waffle station in another room... Eggs and bacon in a whole different room. I know I could've checked location better myself-- I thought this was a lot closer to Mall of America than it actually was. Mainly the size of the room was the bigger issue.

General cleanliness. Although our ceiling was dripping/leaking a little second morning. Decent-comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

It was convenient for my purpose

It was dirty, there was no hot water. The staff were bickering in reception as well a vacuuming at 3 in the afternoon. The coffee was old and cold at five in the morning when a lot if us travellers were heading to catch flights. I would not go back.

It was convenient for my purpose

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

The continental breakfast which included warm breakfast...

The pillows were not comfortable and the pool was very small. Otherwise, good experience.

The continental breakfast which included warm breakfast foods. Good experience. Will consider staying here again.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

Friendly and helpful staff.

Friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast, Good happy hour and offered a evening selection of food and snacks to avoid going out for dinner if one preferred not to.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2015

Restaurant in the hotel was amaZing

When we got our room my husband had a total melt down. With a crib in it- it was the smallest room we ever stayed in. Bathroom was even smaller. We went to customer service and they upgraded us (for free) to a more spacious room. First night at the hotel, I woke up to use the bathroom and almost wiped out. The faucet ( outside the bathroom) was leaking and the carpet was soaked with water. We had a 10 month old crawler on out hands that enjoyed exploring the room and because of the leak it was an inconvenience to say the least. Complained twice to the front desk and when the repair person finally showed up he informed us that the faucet was indeed broken and parts had to be ordered and replaced. Got one night for free due to issues

Restaurant in the hotel was amaZing Nice pool Good location BEST breakfast

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

The cleaning lady knocked and walked into the room at 10:00...

The cleaning lady knocked and walked into the room at 10:00 a.m.while we were changing clothes. She did not speak English, which always annoys me. We dead bolted the door.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

The location was perfect since we spent a lot of time close...

The window curtains were half ripped off so we couldnt close them, the fridge was loud, we had to unplug it, we never received housekeeping service during our stay and the night front desk staff was not very knowledable, she didn't know what floor the laundry room was on.

The location was perfect since we spent a lot of time close to the mall of America.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Ladies at front desk were very helpful.

Bathroom was a bit small. Toilet was running when we checked in.... float unhooked, I fixed it myself. Everything else was good.

Ladies at front desk were very helpful. Breakfast was very good!!!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Were down for two rooms.

Were down for two rooms. Room key did not work. had to change rooms. handles on nightstand off . Didn't receive wake-up call. Staff came early first morning for dirty towels. Room so needs up-date. Asked staff to check Chanhassen for room. No follow-up

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

It was very beautiful, clean and the breakfast was great.

The staff was rude, steak at dinner tough and I was loudly told I ordered my steak wrong by asking for medium rare. I like it pink not brown inside. The second steak was raw inside. I did not ask for a third, paid the bill and avoided the rude staff.

It was very beautiful, clean and the breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Came to Minneapolis purely to go to Mall of America.

Came to Minneapolis purely to go to Mall of America. Rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast was great. Just a short drive from MOA so it suited us perfectly.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Pool and fitness center.

Bed comforter had a stain. Mattress leaned very badly so uncomfortable. Overall cleanliness average. Desk clerk friendly, rest of staff not.

Pool and fitness center. Bree breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

Front desk staff was polite an more than helpful.

Non smoking room smelled like smoke. Room was dirty. Floor was no way vacuumed. Outdated an poorly matinenced facility. Would not recommend.

Front desk staff was polite an more than helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

Loved the breakfast!

The pool had way too much chlorine, and walking into the pool room was unhealthfully hot. Cooler temperature and way less chlorine would have made it nice.

Loved the breakfast! Wow! There were several options ranging from waffles, cold cereal, bagels, fruit, etc to hot cook-to-order plates of eggs and sausage. Our older boys sat at the bar stools and ate their breakfast. The space was ample and very clean. Excellent!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The breakfast was very good and the staff were friendly.

The room was very small, the bathroom door could barely be closed once inside. The shower leaked onto the floor. There was a lot of condensation on the rug right under the a/c. The carpets needed replacing - quite ground in and dirty.

The breakfast was very good and the staff were friendly. Location was good for what we needed to do.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

We asked for a quiet area/room and the room we stayed in...

Elevators seemed to work together; when ringing for the elevator, both came up as opposed to just one; made for a long wait a few times.

We asked for a quiet area/room and the room we stayed in was just fine. Good overall experience.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

The bed was comfortable and lots of pillows.

My room was next to the exhaust fans from the restaurant so my room smelled like food. The hallway was down the exit stairs was overwhelmed with febreze air freshner to cover a mold order that it made me ill. The food was not that good, the price of the room in my opinion was too much for the return. I will probably not stay here again.

The bed was comfortable and lots of pillows. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

Same great place to stay.

Don't know who revamped the kitchen area but get rid of Him, Her, good Gosh doesn't take a scientist to to figure out if You go for a hot breakfast, in one room, you want toast, in another room. Either offer it there, pre-made, at the kitchen, or put another toaster there. Really, it's not that hard to figure out. The other option would be to put a toaster on floor 2 and 5 so the elevator ride would take the time to get toast. Really... think about the whole thing... Or You could put the Juice despencer by the ice machines to get away from the the crowd. FIX IT.

Same great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

The staff at this hotel was absolutely amazing!

Wish the bathroom vanity was bigger but it worked out fine.

The staff at this hotel was absolutely amazing! They went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. There isn't a ton of stuff around the hotel but they offered their shuttle free of charge. Couldn't have asked for a better place.

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

The room is really cozy, it was made for sleeping and it all...

Some people may like hard beds but that someone is not me.

The room is really cozy, it was made for sleeping and it all works to mark doing that easy as possible.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

The choices and variety for breakfast was great.

The bed was very hot, no matter how cold the room got I couldn't get comfortable in the bed. With kids the way the bathroom is set up it was hard to help in the bathtub or toilet. The hot tub was not warm and the jets didn't work.

The choices and variety for breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

The staff were very friendly at the desk, bar and breakfast...

Our first morning our room was cleaned while we went to breakfast which was great! Following that cleaning people tried to get in the room 3 more times...one knock and then unlock the door while we were trying to get ready for our day. The next morning we returned from breakfast and the room was not cleaned so we put a do not disturb sign out so we could get dressed to leave. Took the sign off the door and passed the cleaning people down the hall. We came back to our room that evening and nothing had been cleaned and had no towels. Called the desk and they apologized and brought 2 towels (we should have had 4). The next morning when we had till 11:00 to check out cleaning people were at the door at 10:00 again to take our towels! What the heck!!!so frustrating! Also so much chlorine could not use pool/hottub due to strong odor

The staff were very friendly at the desk, bar and breakfast area

• Reviewed: 29 January 2015

I loved that I got my hot breakfast of eggs, sausage and...

I loved that I got my hot breakfast of eggs, sausage and potatoes directly from the grill, and it was delicious, I appreciate that the hot items were not on a warmer.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

It was clean and quiet.

It was clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the staff was courteous. Our stay was a comfortable and refreshing.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Friendly Front Desk & Transportation staff plus variety...

I do not remember any incidents

Friendly Front Desk & Transportation staff plus variety of breakfast items. Location

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

The hotel was great and the breakfast.

The pillows,too small and not very comfortable.

The hotel was great and the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

Everything was great!

I found a bug in our bedroom.

Everything was great! The food was very good for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Great breakfast.

The elliptical and treadmills need maintenance. They're dated and clunky.

Great breakfast. The staff was very accommodating and friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The location was very good, also they were very flexible...

The bathroom was very small

The location was very good, also they were very flexible with the shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2016

Breakfast was excellent.

Breakfast was excellent. Best I've had at any motel. Staff was cheerful and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

The room was really nice & clean.

bathroom is small..anything else is good.

The room was really nice & clean. The staff were helpful and we had a good time. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

Breakfast and Mall shuttle

The pool was closed for maintenance during our entire stay! Bathrooms were dirty.

Breakfast and Mall shuttle

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

The bed and pillows were awesome!

The bed and pillows were awesome! I love the breakfast and the food at the restaurant was perfect.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

The breakfast was good

The shuttle service was late

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Breakfast was excellent each day.

Breakfast was excellent each day. The staff throughout the hotel were happy pleasant and attentive. Everything was as we expected or better.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

We enjoyed the pool area.

The cleanliness of the rooms and the restaurant menu and food were not good and over priced.

We enjoyed the pool area.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Beautiful building!

Darker curtains to block out the deco lights

Beautiful building! Awesome food! Great wedding venue!

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

room was small, dirty and stains on the floor

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Dirty, run down, hotel needs a lot of work!

the quiet stay

the bed a bit too soft and pillows to soft

the quiet stay

The kids enjoyed the breakfast

The pool was small the clorine was strong my son broke out in a rash from it.

The kids enjoyed the breakfast

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Great Breakfast!

Smaller pool then expected.

Great Breakfast! Friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

The bed was absolutely wonderful!

Front desk did not seem overly knowledgeable. Other staff were not very friendly.

The bed was absolutely wonderful! Breakfast options were good.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

needs updates in the room

needs updates in the room

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

The breakfast was excellent , with made to order eggs.

The rooms were comfortable but very dated.

The breakfast was excellent , with made to order eggs. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.