Reviews of Holland Inn & Suites 2 stars

2630 Main Street, Morro Bay, CA 93442, USA

#32 of 33 hotels in Morro Bay

• Queen Room

The parking lot is small but that's ok

It was easy to find, really close to the beach and highway. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and checking in and out was a breeze. The room was perfect size for us. Bed was comfy and the room was very clean. Even outside the property was clean. Well taken care of. I would definitely stay again for a longer period of time

• Queen Room

The staff was friendly, The motel is centrally located in Morro Bay and close to few restaurants and the freeway.

Very clean and neatly presented. A basic motel but a good effort has been made to update he furnishings etc.

• Queen Room

It was fine. Didn't see the vending machines or continental breakfast that was advertised. It was a ways from the ocean. Paved the parking lot while we were there so a little hard getting in and out of the parking lot

The owners were very very nice and helpful. They upgraded our room because the one they gave us first reeked of smoke and my Grandson has asthma.

• Queen Room

There was nothing to like.Ten minutes to beach ha ha.Beach views ha ha.The only view you have is the freeway in front of you.Very very overpriced place.

Car park

• Queen Room

Seems like there are people living here but nobody bothered me, my wife found a crackbong under the sink. Theres no air conditioning but i didnt even need one, im sure if its hotter outside it could be a problem. Its about a 3 min drive to where all the dining and shops are so if you want somthing within walking distance this is not the ideal place but if you dont care to drive down the road its not a big deal. Honestly if i had to do it over again i prob would have forked over the extra money to be downtown within walking distance about 60 dollar difference.

Its like this, you pay for what you get. This was one of the cheapest stays in the area and it was actually not that bad of a place. My room was clean its small but has tv dresser bed tables fridge. you have to expect a little less when being cheap.

• One Room with Two Double Beds

They had some permenant residents that were a little questionable. The coffee pot was broken

Location was great..close to the beach. Room was comfortable

• Queen Room

Sorry to say I left my hair straightener in the room and called next day and host said house keeper didn’t find anything. I did leave it cus I was letting cool down. Someone kept knocking and rushed us. It was only 11:00 am.

It was nice

• Queen Room

I didn't like the people smoking outside of their rooms and hanging around outside making the place look a little shady.

I liked the hardwood floors and the microwave, Refrigerator and flat screen TV

• Queen Room

The room was tiny. The heater didnt work. The parking lot was tiny. Stains on sheets. The front desk is the main house. Tweakers outside all night in and out of their room next to us. I'm assuming this is their spot because it's so cheap to stay there.

The location. For the price I GUESS it's ok.

• Queen Room

The booking ad made it sound like you could walk to the beach. The bathroom door would not close.

It was really a very nice room for the price. Two chairs with a table so you could watch t.v. comfortably. The bed was really nice. Very quiet area.

• Queen Room

I didn't like being situated on a surface-road. Not my thing, however I Booked Online & never been to the property before, I had no idea. A little too far out of town for my tastes. I would prefer to be in the Village of Morro Bay next time.

The parking right in front of the rooms was a really nice touch! Convenient. Manager very friendly & helpful!!

• One Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms smells smoking and gas from the gas heater. The walls and the furniture were either old or unfinished painted. The space was too small. It looked like everything was out of the salvation army. We tried the heater but the gas smell was intolerable.

• King Room with Spa Bath and Fireplace

The only thing I can say that I dont like but it really doesn’t effect my stay is the picture above the fireplace needs to be replaced. It’s taped and broke. LOL

We have stayed here several times and we always get the suite with the fireplace and jacuzzi tub. So nice and the tub is very roomy perfect for a romantic soak for two. It was our anniversary this time and we were met with cute towel swans on our bed.

• Queen Room

other guests disturbed me and my guest and harassed us because we parked near their room and vehicle and bothered us half the night I was upset my stay was uncomfortable.

hotel room nice and clean

• Queen Room

This is a basic property, no luxury amenities like pool, jacuzzi or breakfast.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Room had a microwave and fridge making it easy to stay in rather then eat out every meal. Clean and right next to restaurants and a grocery store. Away from main tourist area but quiet and amazing quality for the price.

• Queen Room

The walls had chipped paint. The air didn't work. The small heater they provided electrocuted you if you plugged it in. There was mold under the sink. The room also smelled weird.

• Queen Room

Breakfast is not included and the coffee maker in the room produces nothing of drinking quality. Also the lights with motion detectors (inside the room) kept turning on randomly throughout the night.

The entire property was well-kept, the rooms were nice and clean, the bed was comfortable.

• Queen Room

Lot of Riff Raff in the parking lot, didn't know this hotel rented rooms out by the week. Rooms are filthy unpainted, and nasty dirty socks under the bed !!!!

• Queen Room

The only think I didn’t like was it’s shared between apartments, and motel rooms. Although, the tenants are humble.

I liked the fact that everything was so close, I mean morrow rock and down town morrow were less than 5 minutes away, you could have walked 15 minutes to the beach. Andy and his team are well equipped. The rooms were clean, like really clean, if there was anything dirty Andy would have it changed out for you. It was a very comfortable stay

• Queen Room

The cleaning staff was a bit pushy for me to check out of my room. They were not informed that my check out was going to be after 11:am which is the usual check out time. I was scheduled and approved for 12:noon by the front office staff.

I love this place and would gladly stay here again. Very comfortable bed. Very clean room. Spotless. The staff was very pleasant. The cost for the room was amazingly low for what I received.

• One Room with Two Double Beds

the room wasn't ready on time, house keeping left the room unfinished to go finish another room. The floors were stained pretty badly, and my heater did not work.

The location had a beautiful view, it was also conveniently located.

• Queen Room

There was no running water to my room when I arrived. I could feel every spring in the bed. My credit card had been charged before I had arrived. The paint had been scratched and patched over in numerous spots. They had torn out the closet to put a table in fridge no place to hang clothing hung my dress for a wedding off the TV on the wall.

Location was the only thing good about this site. Right off of Highway one . But don't expect to be able to drive through the parking lot remodeling being done there for trucks parked in the driveway. Had to reverse out the entrance

• Queen Room

When we booked we were told there was continental breakfast - there was not. It got really really hot on 3 of the nights, where we had to keep the windows open and the noisy fan on us all night long. People were fighting outside their room and making noise till midnight. Parking lot was really tight and someone banged/nicked my car door bad. Because of their language barrier or something, we could not seem to get the staff to leave us 3 large towels. I use 1 for my hair and 1 for my body, and my husband needs one, geez very selfish with towels as if we might steal one???

Great location, loved being able to see the rock & ocean and smell the ocean breeze. Loved being right next door to a great little grocery store and Taco Temple (an excellent restaurant). Loved that there was a fridge and a microwave in the room!

• One Room with Two Double Beds

This place was terrifying. Clearly drug addicted homeless LIVE here. We were so scared that we both slept together in the second room with the door in between the rooms locked. THERE IS NO FREE BREAKFAST AS ADVERTISED. The owner refused to reimburse us for what was supposed to be included in the price. So so so so so dirty. Stains on the floors and walls. If I could rate this zero, I would. If I could stop someone from booking this dump, I would.

• Queen Room

The Staff was courteous and professional. The bed was excellent for my back, I slept very good. The location was quiet and very accessible for my needs. Overall I was very satisfied with the accomadations. Thank you Holland Inn & Suites!!!

• Queen Room

Towels were stained, shower head was extremely low, fan in room was connected to motion switch and would turn off in the middle of the night.

Area felt very safe. Safe was accommodating.

• Queen Room

I found out that had I just pulled up to the property and rid of the room I could've saved $150 overall. I won't be booking through booking.com anymore.

• Queen Room

The Parking stalls were very narrow and very tight to park. My John was clogging several times as I was there for 2 days. The TV is too small!

Room was very comfy, The bed was very comfortable and it came with extra pillows! Front desk was always nice and very helpful.

• Queen Room

The rooms were extreme small our tub got clogged when we showered and our carpet was filthy was unable to walk without my shoes off

The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Queen Room

I was not happy with how noisy the people who run the establishment are-they had a party with loud talking and cars parked in places where they shouldn't be. The incense was also extremely annoying and gave me a headache. Their people also left early (4-5 a.m.) speaking loudly. UGH.

• Queen Room

Breakfast included is a joke. Just packed pastries. No AC just a noise fan on top of the bed. Very simple. Didn't dare walking barefoot on the carpet. Small bedroom. Thin walls.

Convenient place for one night while in route to San Francisco. That said while driving to SF we saw a lot of other hotels that could be used. Bed was ok. Supermarket next door. Also good domino pizza 1 min away.

• Queen Room

They were using other rooms for storage, the room smelled musky. No central heat and air. The provided fan was dirty! The continental breakfast should just be eliminated. It was very minimal and the muffins were old and moldy! There was no hot water in the morning! I checked out a day early and wasn't offered a partial refund!

The only this I liked was the location was great. And it was low priced.

• Queen Room

Filthy, dirty floors. After a shower, my wife walked back to the bed and the bottoms of her feet were filthy. Screaming kids, but that's a given at family hotels. Paying almost $250. for one night, seeing that it was pet friendly and upon check-in finding that they charged $20. + tax per night, a real shock. Our dog has pure white fur and we had to give him a bath because he rolled on the floor. In the bathroom, it sounded like there was water running all night long in the wall. It was late when we got back to the motel before we heard it. We didn't want to disturb anyone and just wanted to get to sleep so we didn't say anything and just shut the door. Also, the phone in the room rang a couple of times, but the receiver was dead. My wife went to the office and told them but they didn't do anything, so we just unplugged the phone. We didn't like the motel and definitely not stay there again or use your service.

Location was OK.

• Queen Room

They said they serve a Continental breakfast but they don't it was muffins and two diff cereals, also the rooms appear bigger online, they are not big at all especially what we had to pay for the room

The location is close to downtown and beach

• Queen Room

It was alot older than expected . Cracked toilet seat which pinched me every time I used it.

It was close to the ocean, but not able to walk there. Freeway was right there.

• Queen Room

Bed was lumpy as hell. The tissue stuffed in peephole inside the door screamed crackhead hangout, really made you question safety.

Supermarket next door, staff friendly. Family owned.

• Queen Room

Very run down, carpet and sofa were dirty. One of the beds had been taped together. While cheap the price was high for the quality.

Beds were clean, staff was nice.

• One Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing was the shower was clean but small

The bed was very comfortable was located near we needed we my wife and I enjoyed the stay we booked it again for next month

• Queen Room

The heater in the room is not work. I am glad that a portable heate was available or else we've frozen.

The motel was decently priced for the location.

• Queen Room

Great place to spend one night. Can't say anything bad. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, parking is right in front of your door, and morning coffee was useful =)

• Queen Room

I was very happy with everything the place had charm and I would stay again and again.I booked only seeing what was on line and for the price it was clean excellent location and would do it all over again..... just wish we did not have to be back on the road so early. Will return. :)

• Queen Room

WAY OVERPRICED for what was offered. Had planned on staying 3 nights but due to outrageous prices and terrible location, only stayed one night.

Office staff was cooperative.

• One Room with Two Double Beds

It is a very basic room that allows for sleeping and not much else. Horribly overpriced. It sits right next to the highway. No pool, no amenities. It strives to be what a Motel 6 used to be 20 years ago. One step up from pulling off the highway and sleeping in your car. Stay in Cayucos.

No visible bugs. The windows opened for fresh air.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Queen Room

I did not like how our mini fridge was broken. We bought food specifically for this trip, and since it was broken we had to throw most of the food out. Sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, etc. I also didn't like how this hotel advertised a "complementary breakfast". There was hardly anything they offered us. Pre-packaged mini muffins, orange juice, and maybe one type of cereal. And one last thing, the walls are SUPER thin and you could hear everything, other people watching tv, talking, etc.

I really enjoyed the beds. They were very comfortable and the sheets were soft and clean. I also like how the tv had cable and that there was a wide variety of channels to watch. There was also wifi, which was a plus however it would disconnect at times.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Queen Room

Thanks to their excellent staff are (friendly and helpful people) you feel that you came to your house !!! The room all the time is in excellent condition I feel very lucky to find such a cozy place with an extaordinary view and good price !!!! Thank you Booking.com

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• One Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was a bit narrow on the other hand the shower was great

The bathroom was a bit small narrow but the shower was big. I would book this hotel again. The beds were great.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Queen Room

Some of the staff were a little "stiff" so to speak, i.e., not very welcoming.

The room was very comfortable and nicely furnished. Also there was a refrigerator which I appreciated. The property is located close to some great restaurants and easily accessible to the beach.

• Queen Room

Andy at the front desk was nice. Other than that I couldn't wait to get out of there and canceled my future dates, I spent just the first night canceled the rest of the nights, finding a different hotel on my own.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Queen Room

The breakfast was not great. At the end of the day, it becomes a little difficult to find a parking spot.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It's a good deal for the money. The view is beautiful. It is right next door to a great grocery store and my favorite restaurant.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Queen Room

There were large spots on the carpet. There were loud banging and voices all night. There seems to be people living there especially women.

This motel is in Morro Bay. The price was very reasonable.

• Queen Room

The parking is tight and some guests are not respectful in the way they park so can make it difficult. I akways bring pillows and i recommend as pillows were not too fluffy and only 3 of them.

It is a single story motel so you dont have the noise of others walking above. Very quiet and relaxing. It is close to ocean and at night you can hear the waves of the ocean. It is close to Freeway but it is still very quiet. Microwave and fridge in room makes it easy for snacks and drinks. Nice staff,Andy is always helpful. Rooms were clean. Plenty of channels on tv HBO included and wifi was better than most motels. There is small breakfast included some muffins and cereal. Juice and coffee but you can get coffee in room as well.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Queen Room

The parking but it was do able

Had a great price with booking. Com we stayed a few more nights and they let us pay the same amount as the great price Booking.com gave us!!!

• One Room with Two Double Beds

mosquitoes and spiders poping up, very dusty room, problems with electricity, not worth the money.

the bed was comfy, but the spiders in it not so much.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Queen Room

EVERYTHING!! The staff was so friendly & helpful, bed was comfortable, Handicap room had a big bathroom with high toilet & bars to help get up....! Our service dog was welcomed at no charge! Room was super clean & quiet!! All rooms were down stairs (which I Loved) all n all it was a very delightful place to stay!! Thank u so much for a clean & CHEAPEST room that we could find anywhere, cheap but not a dive!! A very up scale motel! Not a luxury one with all the extra bells & whistles but EVERYTHING we needed & they because of price, cleanness ^ friendliness & being in Morro Bay they doesn't have any problem renting rooms,,,,, They don't have to jack price sky high to get renters :) I give this motel & itz owners 5 plus stars or hearts .. Thank u for making our stay so NICE!! Best way to welcome our newest New born Great Grand Daughter .. God Bless u all. The clientele was very desirable too....!! WE WILL RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL it is a very NICE & safe Place to stay & so close to the Beach & Morro Bay Rock ... We stayed last week of Feb & weather was great too ...!! Oh YES The free wifi worked great too ................... very important !

• One Room with Two Double Beds

Needs a lot of remodel and improvements. Room felt cold and erie like someone was watching us just a creepy room. Won't stay again. Didn't sleep much of the night aot of unexplained noises.

It was quiet at night, room smelled clean

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Queen Room

2 minutes beach they say that's a joke. Had no water for days. Parking was a joke employes take up most of the parking. They just park where they want making it impossible to park staff told us to park at grocery store parking lot and walk back while they take all the parking for them selves would t recomind this place to any one stayed here before must new owners would rate a 1 only sorry

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Queen Room

Lots of things I dont like my ex wifes my having to pay taxes but I was very happy here no problems

Very queit clean rooms nice staff if you are looking in morro bay to save your money for fun but still have a good comfortable night you will not beat this for the price if you are out to im press and give your money away well lots of places hear for that

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Queen Room

the heating was running, it was pretty hot in the room; not able to reduce heating. WiFi is bit more complicated to lock in; not really sure what system this was. also at night, it was pretty bright in the room because of the light on the gangway. it is near the freeway and so there are noises of traffic in the evening and night: not a bad thing for one night.... but I would not stay there for longer.

the room was nice, with nice space. really great for a night.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• One Room with Two Double Beds

Very small bathroom; Can hear the sound of next door very clearly; The entire environment is not comfortable; The WIFI is slow; The price is not transparent and very expensive for the entire living environment.

Nothing is good

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Queen Room

The staff was very friendly. The rooms were great beds awsome pillows plenty of them room comfortably i love this place for $40 on a week night great

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• One Room with Two Double Beds

Facilities worn down, few amenities, very small shower with weak water pressure. Sink and cabinets were torn apart. No garbage in bathroom for us ladies. No extra TP, as the bathroom cabinet was non-existent. Asked for an iron since we were there for a wedding and they didn't have one even at the office to provide. Glad we brought an ice chest as there was no mini fridge.

Location was perfect. Close to the beach and Morro rock. Grocery store right next door.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• One Room with Two Double Beds

The parking was a little tight. I thought our room came with breakfast, I never was advised where or if breakfast was included. For the price I paid I expected a bit more.

Room was simple but very clean. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Queen Room

There was a jaccuzi in my room, but it didn't work. Still, they didn't advertise it as a room with a jaccuzi.

They have a good fridge and microwave. Cute room with gas fireplace, which may or may not work (I didn't see how to work it).

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Queen Room

Didn't have our right room when we arrived @ 1:30am but were told "oh we have a bigger room you can have for the same price." We were asked to vacate our room @ 11am later that day because they had a reservation for the room they gave us, load up and leave until our correct room was ready @ 1pm. I called 3 days prior to let office know we would be arriving late. They said no problem. I also called to let them know we were on our way and they said no problem. We got there and there was a problem. We were not able to sleep in and rest. They have smoking tables set up outside the room and omitted us from being able to open our windows. They have vagrants living onsite, so the parking lot was full of activity all night. PLEASE do yourself and your family a favor and pay a little more for a better hotel experience.

The price was the best we came across. But you get what you pay for right?

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• One Room with Two Double Beds

We really had a great stay. We booked 2 rooms with 2 double beds, but what we received instead were 2 rooms with 2 rooms each we all had our own rooms with our own T.V.'S shared bath which was fine. Each room had a microwave, coffee maker, and mini refrigerator. We loved it! We will come back again.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

I hade reserved 3 room....They tried to tell me I had reserved a different room with 2 twin beds... I did not, I reserved 2 queen, -and 1 king. Then the ended giving us a king room but it was not the we reserved. We were supposed to have a fireplace and jucizzi tub. We did not get that... But we got something very close.

Pretty clean... a little dated but nice.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Queen Room

Well the room smelled like humid a lot, I first got the wrong room not what I booked for and the guy was super rude!

I only liked the location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Queen Room

Parking was tough, spaces were small.

The rooms were clean, the best part I felt is that the beds were confortable. I liked that it was single story, easy access to freeway, set between Morro Bay and Cayoucos! Will stay there again!

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Queen Room

I booked this reservation exactly one year ahead of my travel time. My cost was going to be $120; however, when I arrived to the hotel, I was informed that my confirmed rate was not going to be honored due to a "computer glitch." I was told by the manager/owner, Andy, that the actual rates were going to be TRIPLE the amount!! I asked him why I had not been notified in advance about the rate issue, and his response was that it was a "computer glitch." It was 7:30 p.m. on a Friday night when I arrived to check in and he said that he would "work with me if I worked with him" on the price. I basically was over the barrel because I had just driven and worked all day and he agreed to only charge me $285 for my reservation, but if I decided I wanted to cancel within the next 20 minutes, that he would refund me 100%. (but, really, who can find other accommodations in 20 minutes on a Friday night in a very high tourist city (Morro Bay) that was having a largely visited festival during the weekend and I was actually there as a vendor at the festival! Ya, not gonna happen, so I just went ahead and stayed Friday night and sucked it up! He also stated that if I, at any time during the weekend wanted to cancel, he would refund me balance w/o any extra charge. I actually found other accommodations for Saturday night and contacted him immediately upon making those arrangements and let him know that I wanted to cancel for the rest of the weekend and would like to be refunded in accordance of his previous offer. It was 2:45 p.m. on Saturday and he said that I actually should have to pay for that day, but he would go ahead and just charge me $25. I agreed. When I went to finalize the checkout after working the festival for 12 hours on Saturday, he informed me that my balance would be $120 plus tax- which, hmmmm..., was the original amount I was supposed to pay for the whole weekend originally. Whatever!

• Queen Room

We didn't know it was so old, small, and away from the beaches. There wasn't sound proofing between the rooms so when people next room over made noise, our dogs barked..

We liked that it was clean.

• Queen Room

It was a bit different to have most of the rooms rented to long term renters, and the little parking lot is crowded, but the long termers were pleasant people.

The couple who manage the place are wonderful, and very helpful. The room is small and the walls, decor, and furniture are dated, but the place is very clean. Slept well. The location is right by all the Morro Bay stuff. I usually stay in new hotels that cost more than $100 per night, because I'm picky, but in going for the budget league this time, I found Holland Inn to be clean and safe enough for my somewhat demanding comfort level.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Queen Room

Breakfast can be improved.

A typical motel on the road. Our room was spacious (free upgrade:), clean and had everything we needed for a 1 night stay. This place is good for long term stays too. Thank you for having us!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Queen Room

Breakfast was just coffee and some supermarket pastries. The shower is very dark, doesn't have lights and the water had trouble to drain.

The bed was super comfortable

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• One Room with Two Double Beds

The others didn't work neither did the hair dryer and the shower was really small and the heater didn't work either

The beds were nice and comfy

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Queen Room

Step out of room door not available. About 6 inches to cement walkway. Dangerous. Continental breakfast not to great but had a frig and coffee pot and microwave oven. So OK with me.

Staff was nice and helpful. Treated my pet like a customer. Clean and cozy. Comfortable bed. Grocery store next door. Nice places to eat close by.