Reviews of Hollywood Hotel - The Hotel of Hollywood Near Universal Studios 3 stars

1160 North Vermont Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90029, USA

#165 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

Based on 2053 hotel reviews

Very. Comfotrable

Hotel. Over all

Staff. We’re very. Friendly Breakfast. Was. Great. The chef was very professional front desk staff were. Very. Helpfull. With. Places.off interest. In. LA. Overall a modest. Enjoyable stay. Would stay again

Doesnt look like the pictures
    • Standard Queen Room

Doesnt look like the pictures They dont accept credit cards from international countrys had to pay cash Poor rooms, there was moist on the walls and we had a huge ant problem. Would not recommend this hotel.

Mediocre but passable
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms looked old and dated. Need a make over to be good again. Had ants in my bathroom and my fridge didnt work..

Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good and extensive. Bed was nice and comfortable.

Loved my stay!
    • Standard Queen Room

I loved the location and the staff were so friendly and helpful for where and what I could do on my stay. Would definitely stay here again on my next visit!

Your staff is very good and the room they clean everyday and...
    • Standard Queen Room

Your pillow very small not comfortable to sleep and your breakfast menu repeated everyday.

Your staff is very good and the room they clean everyday and they change the towel everyday

ok!
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was poorly lit. Bathroom needs updating, cracked tiles everywhere. Breakfast has been reported by previous guests as being good but we found it poor quality and just sugar sugar sugar. very limited fresh fruit section.

we chose the hotel for its central location for the things we wanted to see - right by metro station and bus stops. We went to santa monica, Hollywood boulevard, and then hired a car for further away things such as the Getty.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I did not feel safe after someone came into my room TWICE, even with the DO NOT DISTURB sign out
    • Standard Queen Room

They came into our room, two times, even though I put out the do not disturb sign. Floors were dirty so when you walked from the bathroom to bed I had to wipe the bottom of my feet off before getting into bed.Pillows were flat and fridge did not keep things cold.The chef was not friendly and this trip was for a surgery my husband had to have.We choise Hollywood Hotel because it did look safe, was close to Kaiser and I was to be by myself at night.After I found out that someone had been in my room It was very un nerving.We have traveled the US over and have hung alot of d n d signs and NO ONE has ever entered our room..My card has been charged the $ 770 for 3 nights but I also have two additional charges, $245 and $ 100...and room hold and a deposit...Econo Lodge is 2 blocks away....

It was 4 blocks from Kaiser Sunset hospital

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Clean, comfortable hotel in a good location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast staff could be a bit friendlier - its always best to help guests start the day with a smile rather than a frown and attitude that they really don't want to be there.

Friendly and efficient front desk staff.

Ants everywhere, dirty and very poor quality of the rooms

The rooms are not clean or maintained - some rooms are newly renovated, but I have stayed here twice and always end up in the worn down ones. So keep this in mind when reading reviews. The rooms are very poorly lit, the ceiling has cracks, the wallpaper is falling off and the floor is dirty. The carpets in the hallway have a lot of stains and it is in general not that nice. The housekeeping will not respect if you don't want them to come into the room - they will enter anyway - even if the sign is up and they do not keep their hands to themselves. I had several items thrown out which was not in the trash or meant to be thrown out. Also, the hotel has a lot of ants inside the room, when we complained we were told that an employee would come up and spray the room but as we looked further we could see that the ants were in EVERY nook and cranny on the tables and in the bed. We were so frustrated that the hotel would only spray the room that we managed to get a new room instead. This room had the same condition as the old one, but only one ant was visible. The employee threw us quite an attitude but sprayed the room down and promised us there would be no ants but within 4 days they were crawling on the walls there as well.

The location, which is quite nice and close to the red line Metro plus several busses. The neighbourhood is friendly and I at least felt safer there compared to Downtown. I have stayed here twice. The breakfast is really good, and the main reason we came back to the hotel.

The outside of hotel was nasty. Inside of hotel was nice, but air in room was not working properly. Poor lighting in room. Two of the lamps wouldn't come on..

Breakfasts made it worth it.

The decor was a bit tired and, for four of us, a little cramped. Also, it was a long-ish walk (15-20 minutes) to restaurants and shops. There's very little storage: a coat rack and 3 drawers.

The complimentary breakfast was fantastic! Made to order waffles and omelets, plus a range of continental options. We felt like it was a safe area and a clean hotel.

Very nice, most was good!

Paying $26 a day for parking! The other option was to,park on the street and during the day had to feed a parking meter every 2 hours. No bueno! The parking lot belongs to the hotel, so why such a large fee?

Bed hurt my back. But most do. Great location in the city. With the location so close to a busy Los Angeles street, it was surprisingly quiet. Cool place. I'd go back. A little pricey for what it is. But nice. Service was good. Free breakfast buffet was especially good. So yes, I'd stay there again.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Good hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

Their kitchen team is so rude. Especially Hugo. I was watching him everyday and he was same.

I loved everything. They are clean, comfortable and good location.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Worts ever.....
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The room needs detail cleaning and fixing.You can get better rooms at lower cost. My wife and I got mobed by mosquitoes the second night in room 140 because house keeping left window open while cleaning it. The outlet in the restroom doesn't work, the fridge stinks, poor room cleanliness overall. Mgmnt offer little to no help. I had to be moved in the middle of the night to another room infested with ants and the beds had hairs on pillows. (Disgusting) When I spoke with the Mgr Giselle about the mosquitoes she said they are everywhere including her house. Not an answer you would expect from someone providing hospitality services to tourist and people from out of town. I know the hotel is old but as a paying customer I would at least expect a clean room with no pest and good service from the employees including the Mgr. Parking fee per day is 20 dollars. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

People making your omelettes on site.

This hotel is located in s dangerous area, please don’t walk...
    • Standard Queen Room

This hotel is located in s dangerous area, please don’t walk around outside at night. There are many homeless people right at your doorstep. They never cleaned our room. The staff is very unprofessional. They had their friends staying and keeping them company in the lobby. The front door doesn’t slide open or lock properly. The door man had to pry it open for us to get it. They have terrible customer service. For the price you pay it’s better to book another hotel. We never got our room cleaned or coffee refilled. We had to beg for towels daily. I can go on and on. Don’t waste your money.

Hollywood Hotel is a hidden gem I will certainly stay at again. It’s Los Angeles at its best!
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn’t like the comedy night theme. Although I only went to the bar once for a drink I took it to my room as I found the “comedian” who was performing at the time to be loud, crude and obnoxious. I call it lazy humour, not intelligent or thought provoking at all, and it seemed out of place in such a beautiful and classy hotel.

Superb reception staff who were consistently friendly, professional and attentive to any needs. For example, they always smiled and said hello each morning, with genuine interest in guests . On another occasion I was left with no towels in my room after cleaning and a call to reception in the evening (when I discovered no towels) resulted in them being delivered to my room within minutes. The male receptionist was extremely nice, as was the man who delivered the towels to my room.

The staff were amazing and always willing to help you.
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff were amazing and always willing to help you. Pil and Brian were amazing and always helping you with anything you need. I would definitely stay here again.

frendly staff
    • Standard Queen Room

little expensive the price on booking is without tax or parking breakfast little small fot the price

frendly staff big rooms fresch waffles or omelette at breakfast good restaurants nearby

No smoking and no one informed that not allowed in the...
    • Standard Queen Room

No smoking and no one informed that not allowed in the balcony and i knee when they raise a fine on me while check out which is not good way and had to pay.

Comfy enough.
    • Standard Queen Room

Paid parking is what I hated the most. The room was pretty really small, it was probably the smallest hotel room I’ve ever stayed at.

Good location. Close to everything. Bed was comfy. Good breakfast.

Perfect location. Very good value for money.
    • Standard Queen Room

Excellent location in Hollywood and close to all amenities. Metro 5 mins walk away. On the main bus route. 5 min drive up to the Hollywood Hills and Observatory. Room was small but adequate for our needs. Balcony was a nice addition to the room. Room has a safe you can lock with your credit card for ease. Good size fridge in the room and ice machines on every floor. Bed was lovely and large. Shower was excellent, hot and powerful. Room was cleaned every day. Plenty of lifts around the hotel. Pool and pool area were lovely. Staff were polite and helpful with our questions. Plenty of car parking spaces available. Breakfast was fantastic and they have their own breakfast chef that cooked omelettes and waffles to order. Excellent value for money compared to other hotels of this standard in the area. Don’t be put off by the car parking charges, this more than balances out with other hotels that provide free parking but have a more expensive room rate.

Overpriced and not what I expected
    • Standard Queen Room

The check in took forever and the first room they put us in smelled like straight marijuana. There were a lot of mosquitoes in the next room and it was hot.

The breakfast was good. The pool was quite, but very small. The parking was private.

Pil was an asset to the company. He was so sincere and helpful. Definitely made our stay!
    • Standard Queen Room

Unable to find the courtyard happy hour from 5-7, but perhaps it was just the wrong days.

Each maid we passed in the hallway would greet us and give us eye contact. Such a great touch!

Great hotel even better if you can get it at a discounted rate.
    • Standard Queen Room

This was a Hotel with the lot. Big bed, bath and shower, big room, free full breakfast, even cooked your waffles for you. Secure parking, on site shop, starbucks coffee in the room. Quiet location close to everything. Check in staff were very helpful and had a host of knowledge.

Good time vacationers
    • Standard Queen Room

Most of the decor had that 1950's look, but the rooms were of course updated. The hotel was built in the 1950's and the great thing is that they kept most that decor inside the hotel.

Quietness with the sound of the running fountains through your window. The 1950s Decor Inside the Hotel the lower level was very 1950s. The location of the hell Hotel you could take a Lyft or Uber for six or seven dollars anywhere in the city. The included it breakfast was very good.

Ok but with few things to consider
    • Standard Queen Room

The first room I was given in the second floor road side - too much road noise, cracked window glass, bathroom ventilation produces horrible noise, same noise from the room next door, my poor neighbor had a problem throwing up, so one night she spent in the bathroom, and I suffered from the bathroom horrible noise, plus the improper sound insulation. Elevator from the early 1900s or this is how it looks .. too slow. Maintenance person was very angry when he discovered that the staff didn't turn on the power and he was called (probably of duty hours) to "fix" such problem. The second room I was given after complaining about the noise, was much better away from the street but it had constant bathroom ventilation noise (though it was lesser level)

Staff is very nice, cleanliness is good, Breakfast is awesome, restaurant ambience was very good. Location is good but you have to understand the homeless issue in LA and Hollywood so you are not shocked. They also had tea and coffee little equipment in the room, they didn't replenish the tea though

For the deal provided, it was an amazing stay. Great for those who are staying in LA with a car.
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff didn't do the best job explaining the hotel layout, though. The shared outdoor patio was right next to an abandoned/sketchy-looking building. Obviously not all sides face that way, but clearly some get better views than others here!

The bed was very comfortable, especially after spending a couple nights at a cheaper place. The shower was very chic and the hotel-provided products were very quality.

The rooms were beautiful and the staff was so friendly.

The cost for parking was ridiculously high ($26.40 per night). The hold on my card from booking and the hold for incidentals was almost as much as my stay. The hold from booking didn’t drop until we had checked out, leaving me very tight on funds (that was nearly $200!) for my trip.

The rooms were beautiful and the staff was so friendly. We loved our stay and will be back again!

The stay was Okay to Good more so because of the accommodative staff and good location.
    • Standard Queen Room

1. The room/bathroom is quite small. 2. I felt the accommodation is expensive. 3. The property is old. 4. One customer was complaining, to the staff, about her stolen glasses in front of us. 5. Another customer was complaining about the cockroaches and broken toilet flush (after he moved to other room - he seemed to moved to other room for some other issues). Luckily our room had no major issues.

1. The location is good - that is to say near the Santa Monica metro station and the Metro and dash bus stop is at the front door of the hotel. Restaurants and grocery stores are also quite near by. 2. The staff was accommodative - that is to say they provided us with the early check-in free of cost (after a little persuasion, earlier she asked for $50 for early check-in). 3. The staff is cooperative in terms of helping with directions/keeping luggage in the cloakroom post check-out etc.

Trip to Universal Studios

Pay for daily parking.

On a mommy son trip to Universal Studios we stayed here. It was close to the park with free breakfast and a nice clean room. My son accidentally ordered a movie and they were able to delete the charge since we never watched it. That was a big deal for me as right now my phone company can’t do the same for a fifteen year customer.

Okay place
    • Standard Queen Room

Pillows were uncomfortable, location isn’t a very nice area, bar only open for a few hours a few days a week

Staff were very friendly, a quick uber to all the attractions (depending on traffic!), room was clean

Easy check in, fairly good location close to Hollywood...

Easy check in, fairly good location close to Hollywood boulevard. Breakfast was pretty amazing and included in your stay, so always a bonus! Staff very helpful and friendly Would stay again.

Super friendly and attentive staff-they make you feel like a celebrity!
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms are definitely small but those are the building in LA...

The gentleman who checked us in kindly upgraded us to "one of his favorite rooms" which we really appreciated! He also gave us info on local spots to hit in Hollywood -thank you for that too! Everything else was excellent!

Welcoming and helpful staff - Nicole and other guy in the...

The parking is paid

Welcoming and helpful staff - Nicole and other guy in the night shift were very nice. Great breakfast Nice patio and swimming pool area

Overall services were great including the price
    • Standard Queen Room

The WiFi was horrible. The connection went down each and every time I tried to use it and I ended up using my phones internet.

Overall services were great including the price

The room was nice and swimming pool and location
    • Standard Queen Room

I checked out 3 weeks ago and still have not gotten the deposit money refunded! When I was checking out the lady told me that she initiated the refund and it would take up to 14days. Because I payed with a debit card the money was withdrawn and now 3 weeks later I have not heard anything even though I have sent an email

The room was nice and swimming pool and location

Comfy bed with fluffy pillows and a great price, but don’t...
    • Standard Queen Room

Sketchy location (don’t go out at night) Vending machines don’t work (not even for water) but there is some bottled water available at the front desk if you ask for it. Bathrooms need a renovation, tiles are old dirty and cracked. Great value for someone active who needs a place to sleep but doesn’t want to hang out at the hotel all day.

Comfy bed with fluffy pillows and a great price, but don’t stay here if you like to enjoy all the amenities of a modern hotel.

Good

Staff need to be polite enough and show willingness to assist their customer. I saw differentiation from the other customers and act somehow disrepectfully.

The room is wide and clean.

Nice breakfast, nice staff, very kind.
    • Standard Queen Room

The elevator it´s really slow. And you have only one entrance, so it´s hard when you have more than 1 car in line to pick you or dropped you off. You need a lounge for those who have late flights, after I checked out, I did´t have a place to stayed until I leaved for the airport.

Nice breakfast, nice staff, very kind.

The staff helped make our stay a pleasant one.
    • Standard Queen Room

Operation of shower tap was difficult to understand and, even after we were given the instructions, still required strength to operate.

Staff were very helpful. Breakfast rated well, the highlight being the chef's freshly cooked omelettes. Conveniently situated a block from the Vermont/Santa Monica Metro station.

It is ok
    • Standard Queen Room

The WiFi really bad in the room, The bathroom and the rooms looks old with rusty parts and smurf, also the pillows are terrible (no structure in them). Gym is not a fitness center :(

The view from the room was nice, and there is not noise during the night, the room are cleaned every days

Painful, and totally bruised & sore

Customer service! see above

Initially I was very impressed. The men that checked me in were both helpful and professional. The lobby & the room I was given were very nice & clean. I was looking forward to heading to the lounge for a cocktail and maybe a snack but was surprised to find out it was closed! Seems the bartender wanted a day off, so I guess that meant ...only 1 bartender? I was also very disappointed....when I FELL DOWN THE STAIRS LEAVING THE HOTEL! After my ambulance ride and 6 hours in the emergency room...Yes I missed my appointment and all other plans, I knew there was no way I was driving home. I really thought that I would be able to book another night at The Hollywood Hotel. Hahaha! With out hesitation I gave them a call. I was informed that another night would cost me almost twice what I paid the night before. REALLY? Not even a bit of consideration given that I was injured on their property, tripping on a area on the stairs with missing tile? I think that's such poor public relations....I take back all the positive reviews I posted. The women at the front desk acted like nothing happened. I didn't expect a free room, maybe a discount, at least the same price from my previous night stay. Never! Never will i stay there again! But they will hear from me!

Would not recommend this to my worst Enemy Stay away
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff are rude and need a hotel etiquette course starting with the managers, the bathrooms are rusty and outdated, the picture of the trees etc is actually the parking lot entrance, the pool is a cold hot tub, there is no such thing as a suite this hotel is more like a motel 6 without the hospitality and hidden fees fraudulent from the pictures to the staff i felt like i was in a bad 1990s L.A movie from the moment i walked in please don’t waste you money here oh and the location is nowhere near anything for tourists your view if not of black far parking lot will be of a coin laundry and low income housing but the bed was comfy

The bed

One stay is all it takes to know where you would not stay again

shower was small and very dirty, water rarely came out of shower head. The fridge did not get cold at all which we needed because my daughter had to put her 3 insulin bottles in there to keep it cold. Ended up using ice bucket and a cup to keep her insulin from going bad. Swimming pool was unbelievably dirty, noticed nobody using the pool the entire weekend. Our kids could not enjoy something they were looking forward to and this was one of the hottest weekends.

The staff was amazing
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff was amazing I forgot his name but he checked us in on Tuesday may 1st at 3pm Very helpful and polite We will definitely be coming back

The hotel manager the worse.
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel manager the worse. She has no idea what giving a customer options is? She even gets smart answering questions about an issue during the stay.

A much needed fun and relaxing getaway. The weather was beautiful.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed in my opinion was hard. The vending machine wouldn't take dollars.

The staff was very friendly and helpful including the gentleman that worked in the gift shop. The hotel was nice and I felt safe as I was traveling alone with my daughter. We were within 30 minutes of Universal studios, Griffith Observatory, Farmer's Market, and Santa Monica pier.

ehh... dont pay more than $200/night..
    • Standard Queen Room

rooms wierd views. bathroom was outdated. Very slow room service. pillows suck (too soft).

free breakfast was great. sauna was also great. parking for the day was only $20 (good for the area). Close to a lot of stuff but sketch to walk aroud alone.

Overall cozy, quaint , convenient & affordable. We will definitely stay here again this summer.

No Jacuzzi,& pricey parking

Breakfast was great.the parking lot was nice&convenient but pricey at 25$ extra,it should be included in hotel stay not extra. The saunas were a great touch since there is not a Jacuzzi.

Definitely would recommend this place . So close to Metro and again, staff was great and very clean

Oh my goodness! This hotel was the greatest experience. The staff was so helpful( Especially Pil, the customer service desk). The pool and sauna was clean and the complimentary breakfast awesome.

Clean beds and overall room, very good breakfast, I loved...

That there was a parking fee per night to park at the hotel and that this was not specificied during online booking

Clean beds and overall room, very good breakfast, I loved that there was a cook preparing fresh omelettes, that was definitely a plus

It was a comfortable stay in a handy location for like-minded people who are in LA to see the sites.
    • Standard Queen Room

The water pressure of the sink faucet was very poor. It also took me a couple of minutes to work out where the hotel entrance was for a pedestrian without a car - I was concerned that I was entering a car-only entrance as a car had to wait for me to enter before it could drive away.

The room was spacious, the bed was comfy and the TV had a variety of channels to watch for free. The bathroom was also spacious too, with fresh towels provided every day. The outdoor leisure area in the middle of the hotel was very nice and my hotel room looked out on it.

It ended up being a good comfortable stay. stay
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn't like the bathroom I got it was for a old person . And I didn't asked for 2 bed I asked for one ended up getting 2 didn't even use the other bed.

I liked how it had everything. Liked how the room looked dark. Like that we order pizza and wigs to our door. Like that it had its own parking lot.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel was in the perfect location to walk to certain places.
    • Standard Queen Room

Our fridge did not work in our room. The shower was also a bit high to step into. I think that could be a problem for elderly people.

I liked how accommodating everyone was. The bed was also comfortable and the hotel room was nice and clean.

Overall, it was a great stay! I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family.
    • Standard Queen Room

Check-in process was a little complicated. Maybe I was just tired from our trip, but I honestly could not tell if the front desk was telling me something or asking me to do something coz she spoke too fast and she looked at me with a fake smile. Same front staff greeted us Good Morning but it sounded like a yell in the market with no eye contact at all.

I like the hot breakfast setting, eggs are freshly cooked right in front you, lots of selection for waffles, bread, fruits, drinks. It's great! Our room was cleaned well, we like how cozy it was. So many restaurants nearby. We'd love to go back and stay in this hotel.

The worst hotel i have stayed in.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed are like rock Room was dirty with dirty bedding and hair everywhere Rotten sushi left over in the mini fridge Used soap in the shower Some walked in my room without knocking

Great staff and good location
    • Standard Queen Room

Low light along the hallway and room. Whenever we open the light in the bathroom there is this sound/noise

The location is what i needed. Its like 6 to 10 miles away from places we visited. Very helpful staff specially cecile eugenio, nicole and gil at the front desk. I didnt get the name from housekeeping - she gave the info that soda/bottled water prices are cheaper from the souvenir shop at the ground flr vs those from the machines. 😊

totaly was good expriance.

the person serve in breakfast. I ask to give omelet for my wife and he did not. Another thing, we have to pay parking for hotel separately. I was shook. In east coast to don't

Good value for money.
    • Standard Queen Room

The auto system of electricity in the room, the AC & lights turned-off automaticaly as it has sensors if it can't sense you it shuts off. So we had to wakeup at night just to turn the ac in the middle of the night.

Everything was good the check-in & check-out was very easy and fast.

Hotel is okay and with Uber you can quickly go to many places in Hollywood and Los Angeles downtown

During check-in the front desk was not customer friendly. Was better the second day when I asked a question.

Breakfast was included. Hotel was in the area which we wanted to explore.

Exceeded expectations!!
    • Standard Queen Room

Not a big deal but I did notice that the bathroom door, light switch board could use a wet wipe to remove dirt stains.

The staff was friendly, appreciated the gated parking area, continental breakfast exceeded expectations, lots to chose from and cooks were super friendly!!! Clean dinning area a plus! Loved the courtyard definitely a location to lounge.

Pool area is super cute pool area, and it’s close to the...
    • Standard Queen Room

Location is a bit out of the way of most sites, but there are still some nice walking areas nearby

Pool area is super cute pool area, and it’s close to the metro station

Besides the above dislikes at least I slept and ate good.
    • Standard Queen Room

The clerk was not having a good day. She never told me happy birthday. There was a mix up with the parking fee of $26.50 extra to my card that booking.com didn’t mention. I called booking.com to get it cleared up and the front desk clerk was rude ...while I was on the phone she continued to ask me to pay for the parking and sign the disclosure. She said I could park else where outside the hotel. She kept asking me over and over again to pay for the parking while I was talking to booking.com. Booking.com made an attempt to contact the hotel to adjust the error and the hotel refused. I was told to send my Confirmation email to booking.com and they would investigate and make adjustments. So- when I authorized the parking payment with the room fees. I had to sign off on this policy waiving my rights to sue the hotel if anyone broke into my car or hit or scratched my car or any type of damages. But they want you to pay $26.50 for just a space and no responsibility. I also had to sign another agreement waiving my rights to sue the hotel for anyone who breaks into my room and steal stuff, bed bugs, noisy guest, pets, anything that you could think of the hotel will not be responsible for. I felt like I’d selected the wrong hotel for my birthday. The hotelcharged me for not using a credit card ... because there system didn’t recognize my Bank of America card as a credit card. There was a $100 deposit that wasn’t mentioned either that would be refunded in 5-7 days after check out. My room key didn’t work for the pool. The buffet was nice and when I didn’t finish my food ... I wanted to take it to my room... the kitchen help told me to get a note from the front desk and demanded I leave my plate in restaurant. I saw him let this guest walk in and leave with several plates without regards.The front desk told me they don’t give notes and we can’t stop you from taking the food to your room. So- I left the food and just went to my room.

The welcoming confirmation emails that asked about special accommodations and how to make my stay enjoyable. The gated parking was presidential.

I can't feel service
    • Standard Queen Room

In addtion of my total room cost, I need to pay two more fees, which are pre-authorition and deposit. These two fees wasn't allowed to transform to room rate. I think it is too much, even though the front desk said these additional fees will return. Whats more, by now, I haven't recieve any message about the refund, and I still can't figure out whether the refund has came back. When i checked out, the front desk didn't do anything,but I wish I could settle down balance as soon as i check out. I wish at least when balance is settled I can receive an email about the refund, but my email from the hotel are all advertisments.

Position is near the metro station. Bed is big and comfortable. Breakfast has colorful sorts.

Very good experience at this hotel. I would stay here in the future.

The one thing that could be improved is the lighting in the rooms. There needs to be light on the side of the room where the mirror and television are located. It is almost impossible to put on makeup or read in that area.

The breakfasts were excellent! The chef prepared omelets for each person as requested, and breakfast is FREE! Beds were very comfortable. Hotel was quiet. Close to many of the attractions. Near subway and Busline. Walking distance to grocery store and other shopping. Excellent staff. Very nice toiletries.

Excellent people clean & pleasant place.

Nothing at all.

I liked front desk customer service representatives named Nicole Tarver & Gisel Hernandez who were doing 1000% to let me be happy & my kids too. Also the breakfast menue quality was superbly clean & delish. The kitchen staff friendly good cooks & smiling to me always. Thank you Hollywood hotel you've done so well. ADIBA MAGAN Stay from March 31 till April 5th 2018 Room 316.

A good place to stay after long day at universal studios.

I wished there was more room to park your car when checking in. I had to wait about 15-20 minutes for another guest to move their car after I had checked in. Inside the shower is really slippery with that type of tile flooring.

The service checking in was great. The breakfast was more than just bread and juices.

It was okay.

The facilities like gym, sauna and pool. They don’t receive much caring. The hotel at night was empty. No room service avalieble.

I like the employees. They’re helpful, happy and professionals, but not everybody. Hugo from the restaurant was really nice.

unprofessional staff but great location
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff and manager were rude, unprofessional and did not care about the issue we were having. On three different occasions, hotel staff entered our room without our approval. The maintenance man came in while I was in my towel after getting out the shower after I told him not to. Booking.com holds an additional one night fee while the hotel still require a deposit and payment.

Perfect location!

This hotel exceeded our expectations for the price we paid.

The neighborhood is a little sketchy, but it was close to our family in Los Feliz.

We got a great price for this room initially, and were pleasantly surprised by how attractive and spacious our room was, some nice common areas (balconies and a courtyard), and a great breakfast with made-to-order omelets. I extended our stay and the price was significantly higher last-minute, so I checked other sites until I found a price that was closer to the initial price on booking.com.

Would not recommend to anyone and will never stay there again. Sleazy neighborhood.

Staff was hostile upon check in. The location is in a dangerous and unsafe neighborhood. Would not recommend to anyone.

Hot breakfast was nice to have available and was delicious.

Location was fine and breakfast was acceptable
    • Standard Queen Room

-The room was so old and A/C so loud which we can’t sleep because of the A/C noise. - Room was so tiny and different compared to the website pictures . - Toilet So old and has crack at the bassin

Not bad for the price
    • Standard Queen Room

The heat was on the entire time which made the room very humid. We had to sleep with the sliding glass door open which is not the safest thing. The bathroom needs to be updated. The towel rack was hanging out of the wall when we checked in. Need to update the rooms. Also happy hour and appetizers are only available during the summer, which should be advertised.

The breakfast was the bright side of our stay.

though I was leaving in the morning and coming back at night...
    • Standard Queen Room

though I was leaving in the morning and coming back at night and didn't use the pool and sauna nevertheless the breakfast was great ,facilities were clean and comfortable the staff were excellent,the price was a bargain. all in all I enjoyed my stay. Thanks!

I loved everything about this place!
    • Standard Queen Room

I loved everything about this place! The room to the breakfast. The ppl was so nice! All in all I would definitely come back when I go back to universal studio. So close to universal studio.