Reviews of Homegate Studio and Suites San Antonio 2 stars

5.3

6.1

5.9

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Blankets was stain bathroom has mold ceiling it was very uncomfortable the bed feel like itching sheet could not be washed right . Very disappointed.

The price cheap that why

• King Suite

There isn't anything I don't like about the property. Everything was very good and well taken care of.

I love how the rooms are set up. To have them sectioned off like a little apartment is awesome. The space is well used!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The rooms was in poor shape . Nothing like the pictures. 100 deposit that I didn't know anything about till I got there. The pool was nasty and hot tub did not work . The rooms was smaller than I expected and need of an up date.

The staff was pretty friendly

• King Suite

I'm an amputee and stairs are really difficult for me. And the only rooms they said they had were upstairs. But yet when I got their at night there was like only two or three cars in the parking lot. And also the smoke detector in the room was completely missing. Only the wires were hanging from the ceiling where it used to be.

It's quite and hidden.

• King Suite

Hotel is not maintained. Little to no amenities. Minimal breakfast. Room smelled of smoke and there were overall concerns of cleanliness. This is a $25 per night hotel value at best.

Nothing really

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Overall we didn’t like that the appearance didn’t “look” safe. Our door looked as if it had been “kicked in” because the door lock was busted broken. The door for the restroom had lots of writing scratched in it. Couches had stains, and we didn’t really get sleep, bed was super uncomfortable. I can however say staff was nice and explained everything throughly.

Close to Six Flags Fiesta Texas

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness, bathroom was terrible. Tub had rust that had been painted over, toilet was to close to the door. Cabinets in kitchenette was dirty and falling apart

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

NOTHING. The furniture was soiled. Bedding was stained,bathtub was awful. Mirrors were dirty. Food in the ceiling!!!! Health department should condemn it. I am not exaggerating!!!

NOTHING AT ALL.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Didn't like that $100.00 cash deposit required when paying with cash.Refunded at end of stay but room wasn't checked, so it just kept me from being able to use that money. Reason given for deposit was in case damage done to room. If room wasn't checked prior to my departure, they did not accomplish their own goal.

Food was alright. Rooms so-so, but very clean. No tissues,papertowels, dishes, utensils for kitchen. (Plan as though you are camping out). Somewhat seedy-looking buildings, but inside room was always clean. Staff was accomodating and friendly.

• King Suite

signage could have been improved in particular the location of the laundry facilities

Quiet location centrally located to the area I was visiting friendly and efficient staff

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The rooms I got, one was great and the other one was a nightmare! Right off the bat, the phone didn't work and the remote was broken. The toilet clogged in the middle of the night so everyone had to go to the other room to use the bathroom! It was a good thing we got 2 rooms! And the beds we're horrible they were not comfortable at all.

It had free breakfast, sofa beds in each room, and the pool.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The room had Roaches and it was dirty and it was a non smoking room but you could smell the smoke and then there was ashes and then they moved us to another room that had Mode on the walls we will never stay there again.

• King Suite

The room was dirty! Dried food on the counters, food on the floor! Cigarette burns on the bed spread of a NONSMOKING room. It was not well kept AT ALL. And NOT worth $150!

• King Suite

Everything in the room was old and it was decorated like the 1900's. Not modern at all, the room was too dark due to all the brown colors. The bathroom was disgusting, not clean at all and broken pieces to the shower and stains on the floor.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

No jelly for toast. General manager said they had not had jelly for months. Items ran out on free breakfast and very slow to put more out. Instead of free breakfast, free waffle would be a more correct statement. Only 2 towels in bathroom and we had 4 people. I was told by the general manager that I had to bring the two existing towels to get two clean ones. I complained and got two more, but general manager said this was a "budget motel"/

location. sufficiently clean.

• King Suite

The property had a lot of people paying weekly to live there so it made it seem like the area and people were low class. The breakfast was overrun by people that acted like they hadn't eaten all week so everything ran out quickly. The blanket on our bed had a blood stain on it when we arrived and it wasn't replaced the whole 4 days we were there.

The room was big, bed was comfortable and the front desk staff were friendly.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

It could have been cleaner also where me and my family were staying at we found several bed bugs we were moved to a different room and we can totally tell the difference from the other room that we were in we clearly asked for a non-smoking room when we booked the hotel they stated that it was a non-smoking room but when we went in the room you can smell the smoke and when they moved us to a different room you can totally smell the difference and the smoking room was filthy with bed bugs was not for it at all!

Pictures can be deceiving the pictures were not like the hotel if anything the hotel is completely dirty

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I liked everything about the hotel their wasn't anything I didn't like.

When we would leave to go and enjoy family time we would come back to a clean room and fresh towels.

• King Suite

not as comfortable as I expected it to be. There was ripped up chairs outside from people living there. there were cigarette burns in the blankets, the blow dryer fell off the wall, one of the lights did not work and the door did not lock from the inside even though you needed a card to get in I did not feel protected. The quality of this hotel has gone down extremely.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

We rented two rms as we had our six children with us. We ended up just using one of the two rooms that we paid for because one sellled likesmoke and the linens were heavily soiled and the toilet wouldn’t stop running. Also phone line in the room was cut and couch was covered in some fluids

The size of the rooms is big.

• King Suite

Booked a king room got 2 double beds. Phone line cut in room. No offer to switch rooms. When I checked out, FD said booking.com overbooked them. I say that is poor rooms management on part of hotel!

Room was quiet

• King Suite

To many employees stay on property

I hated my stay yesterday the water was off the whole day none of the staff notifiy us or anyone it would be off from 11am till 5-6pm

• King Suite

Fix the little things and clean the trash around the building. Boxes from tv's that were apparently installed there were all around my building.

Not a thing.

• King Suite

THE ROOM I WAS GIVEN WAS NEXT TO A EXTREMELY DARK ALLEY - MAJOR CONFUSION WITH WHERE TO PARK OUR CAR (WE WERE AFRIAD OF OF VEHICLE BEING TOWED AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT)

THE STAFF WAS BEYOND HELPFUL AS WELL AS INVITING

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Front door broken/slanted, mini kitchen sink busted would through all water out to floor, beds horrible hard one was broken and held w metal bar, room not kept up ,horrible tv , horrible couch didnt even sit on it , overall horrible places to stay at. If u have family or spouse avoid this place !!! Never again !!!

• King Suite

Kitchenettes were not to par in any way.Top Stove Extremely dirty and not working properly. Wi-Fi was not working and Ice machine was out of service! .

The friendly staff, reasonable price, and convenient to multiple grocery/retail businesses.

The bath tub was not dirty but looked like it had not been finished. there was no Iron and on the web site said it had one. Needs some update work all around. The vending machines was out of a lot of snacks and drinks.

The room was spacious. Bed comfortable. a lot of lighting. like it had a sofa. Front desk were very nice. We were only there two days.

• King Suite

The tub bottom coating was flaking off , no outlet covers the whole facility looked like it was going to fall down no maintenance had been done in years

other then the bed not much

• King Suite

Building I was at was abandoned. My bed was very uncomfortable. Had a few bug problems. I'd stay away.

That they will be willing to let me check in early.

• King Suite

Lighting in gang ways, especially leading to rear building. And parking for all customers room. I had to park in office parking lot. This is huge, housekeepers need to be retrained ok n cleaning. Everytime we stay at this location the filters in the account unit are deployable. Gross. Dirty food and last weekend party favors let's under bed and behind tables.

The manager from OHio.

• King Suite

Oh my where do I start? Upon arrival I noticed the entire property, even in the hotel lobby, was all very dark and not lit up very well. We were given a room at the very back corner of the property by the dumpsters and a woodsy area with a concrete drainage ditch.. A little sketchy I thought, but I tried to be open-minded. Upon entering the room, we were hit with an awful smell of who-knows-what that they tried to cover up with carpet fresh or something. It was so strong we both had instant headaches. The bathtub was disgusting, there were cigarette burns in the top bed linens. the cabinets in the kitchenette were filthy. I couldn't imagine taking my shoes off let alone sleep in the bed. The light above the sink looked like it would electrocute you if you touched it. So I go outside to get some fresh air, and to decide if I wanted to stay, and I could hear raccoons fighting in the wooded area, and there were old tires and mattresses thrown in the drainage ditch next to our room. The lighting outside our door was literally hanging out of the ceiling by exposed wires..I could go on an on... We got back on Booking.com just minutes after seeing the room and booked a much nicer room down the road for a measly $10 more a night. The nice young man refunded us our money, and was very polite through the entire process.

The young man at the front desk was polite..that was the only nice thing I can say about this place.

• King Suite

Our bed was made with 2 sheets and not a fitted sheet. One was torn and comforter looked like it needed to be washed. Hostess not very welcoming and looked bothered when we arrived at 10:30pm.

Price was very affordable.

Trying to find office was the first prob. That's cause they had signs that pointed u to office chk in. But lead u in circles...Just ridiculous. And my wife had killed 2 roaches in room. Hadent even been there 10 min. So later then about an hr she got in shower. Well what do u no there were 2 roaches right in front of me on wall. I took photos and put in a napkin and put up so that I can show management to get my $$$ back. And the worse thing is I had booked same hotel thinking it was gonna be great for another night to surprise my wife. . That hotel experience ruins whole night for her. We ended up arguing all night. Now to cancel they are gonna charge me a nights stay. And I haven't rece6an email or a phncall from them to apologize. That's bad business. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS ROACH PLACE TO SNYONE. BEWARE.....

Nothing. It was the worse place I've ever been. And I travel a lot. Oilfield business.

• King Suite

The tub was dirty. The light above the bath sink did not work,the A/C unit leaked water onto the carpet,one of the drawers on the bath sink cabinet was broken, no lense on the dining room light.no phone or alarm clock in room.

It was only 5 min from my destination

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The pictures online are very much out dated! Hotel is old n dirty! Rooms are dirty, bed sheets smelled , beds were very uncomfortable! Overall bad experience do not recommend to any one!

Did not like anything about hotel!

• King Suite

It wasn't what was advertised. The pool/ jacuzzi was horrible and it wasn't even open. The staff was rude and none helpful. You had to walk super far to find ice. They try and charge you for everything. Do not stay here

Alot

I did not like much about this motel at all.. The staff are somewhat friendly. Motel was not clean, numerous issues inside and out.. I could go on, but I have a scheduled phone call with the General manager tomorrow, I'll just save my comments for rhsy conversation....

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The room had an awful smell to it also the bedding and towels were stain and had a very unpleasant smell to them there was mole in restroom and they where dirty.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Fold out sofa had no linens. There was someone laundry left in foldout sofa. The room had a musty smoky odor. There was mildew along the corners outside by the shower.

• King Suite

What they don't tell u: a deposit is required. If you're on a limited budget this makes it difficult. Then when they spring that info on you, they refuse to give you free cancellation so you're charged a fee you didn't expect either way.

• King Suite

Very much in need of a make over. Peeling tubs, missing and non working light fixtures, dirty mirror, faulty "kitchenette" faucet, stained lamp shades and a door that could not secure from tje oitside. Trash throughout parking lot

Not much to like.i waa too distracted by conditions of the room to enjoy anything that might have neen nice.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The telephones in the room did not work so I could not call for maintenance of the toilet. It was clogged for a full day and no one went out to fix it. The beds are not very comfortable. The pool was closed due to weather, but weather was not bad. Also, the breakfast could be better than just waffles and cereal. Eggs, biscuits and some sausage would have been better and made the morning and stay better. They also were not supposed to charge taxes for those fleeing from Hurricane Harvey and they stated that they knew nothing about not taxing the rooms and they did not refund us that portion of the fee. Also the restrooms were super small. Going up the stairs to our room, there was a huge tree that was half way covering the stairs, so you couldnt go up without having the tree branches in your face or touching your body. Overall, it was not a very satisfying stay.

I liked how the Air condition was cold in there and the showers were nice and hot. Tv was in an odd spot to be seen by everyone.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

We had a nice stay. Just The bathtub is very old the paint is coming off, it's dirty and looks ugly. We reported that The door was not working with the key. We always had to ask someone to open it for us. They never came to fix it. Room #163

Location. And peaceful.

• King Suite

The property looks like it should be condemned. The room was filthy and the bathtub was unfit to use. The worst property in America...or close

As Hard as I tried, I could not say one positive thing about the property. The word landfill would be a fairly accurate way to describe it.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The facility the shower didn't work properly, I woke up with a crook in my neck, the toilet seat had burn marks. I will not book another stay or refer anyone to this property.

Absolutely nothing

• King Suite

The staff was nice, but knew nothing of their surroundings. The rooms need some serious attention as far as major updates,the phones in the room didn't work, definitely need new linens. The pool was ok, but needed cleaning. The "hot tub" wasn't hot and needs work.

Wasn't much of a breakfast offered.

Everything but we needed to stay somewhere.

Poor hotel rooms are dirty had to change a room because it smelled like smoke. Hotel was dirty had trash and pull out was stained.

The pictures were nothing like the room. They had no kitchenette. The beds were old and hard. The pull out couch was old and dirty. The lights didn't work. The air was not cold. The parking lot was bad and people were hanging out all night.

Nothing it was not a great place to stay

• King Suite

The attendant at the breakfast bar was very rude and not helpful it all. Only went once and did not got back it all.

Besides the person at the front desk, winch was very helpful with information and directions, I'd had almost no contact with the personnel.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

W were given an upstairs room although we had asked for a handicap room... Management refused to relocate us

It was located near our point of interest and was comparable to other similarly priced hotels

• King Suite

I've asked for a nonsmoking room which they assured me they have, and put me in it, but the room smelled horrible even with the attempt to disguise the odor to tobacco with air freshener , the smell was very strong, I tried to get another room but they didn't want to

• King Suite

There were stains everywhere - on the comforter, towels , walls. The tub needs to be resurfaced - property seems kinda old and dated

The AC worked well

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The room was filthy. Nothing like the rooms on the pictures. The room we had reserved was given to us dirty, beer cans, condoms on the floor & all. They told us the maid hadn't cleaned it because it had the DND sign on. We got a replacement room, that had been"cleaned" it was filthy, the appliances smelled really bad, sofa bed was smelly. Plain and simple a terrible place will not be going back. I can't forgive myself for forgetting to take pictures. I have no idea why it's rating my stay at 2.9 it's really a 0.

The lady at the front desk is very nice and courteous.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

It was dirty - roaches -sheet dirty - used condoms - everything falling apart - lights didn't work - they put me in the the back like where people rent on weekly basis - they were loud - rude - smoking weed outside - fighting - sketchy !! Went to complain and ask for refund for false advertising and they simply said no to everything ... people don't think that we travel with kids .. management just didn't want to hear all the things I had to say . Didn't care that it was late and I had kids. No refund no sympathy no heart !!! Worst place ever !!!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Will never book here again. It was so dirty comforters were all stain they looked like they haven't been washed in months. Door look like it was opened at the bottom fridge didn't work,phone in the room didn't even have buttons. JUST the most gross place ever. Very disappointed.Everyone was complaining in the office how bad this rooms where.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

It was old looking, worn down, it needed maintanace, it was run down, i had to switch rooms bc air conditioning would not cool up the bedroom, no internet wifi, linens and pillows looked dirty, stains on the bed sheets, clean but old and nasty looking, walls and counters needed work like paint coming off, all scatched up. Bit what can u expect when is cheap to stay there, once i switch rooms it looked a little better.

That it was close an convenient to the park.

• King Suite

Poor maintenance man was overwhelmed with above issues And I'm guessing from the other rooms as well... they had shared staff between Homegate and the more expensive Rod

At first we liked the price... but with the bathroom door not able to close, lighting issues and daily puddles of water building up under the air conditioner and inability to connect to WiFi (noNE of these issues were fixed during our entire weekend stay .. I wound up changing my mind

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Nasty, nasty, nasty. What more could be said.....

This was the dirtiest place I have ever stayed. There were cockroaches visible once you found a light switch, the chairs had food fur in the cracks. I wiped down basic areas using 3 or 4 germicide wipes that all came back with basic dust/dirt. The spreads had stains and the sheets had burn holes. I want to forget I ever spent the night here since I arrived after 10 pm and could not get another room until am.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Ants in bathroom, roaches on ground, dead fly in coffee pot, peeled paint all over tub, no drain stop for the tub to take a bath. The sheets looked slept in previously. Wasn't comforting what so ever.

• King Suite

This hotel was filthy and falling apart. Weeds higher than my 9 year old son, stained up beds and matresses sitting outside on the edge of the building. Batteries missing out of the fire alarm, sink still had dried toothpaste on it, tub covered in blue candle wax. Sheets ripped and try rotting

Absolutely nothing, this hotel was filthy and falling apart. Weeds higher than my 9 year old son, stained up beds and matresses sitting outside on the edge of the building

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

the restroom was not up to par. the sofa bed was lumpy. sheets were dirty. laundromat was too far away from the room. washer and dryers were out of date. staff was not friendly. breakfast did not have enough choices. the pool looked dirty.

the ac was cold. fridge was cold. tv was n working condition

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The restroom they needed to be updated cracked/peeling paint on the tub, the microwave was old small missing the plate and the refrigerator was rusted all around it worked just rusted.The pool was an eyesore and there wasn't ice where its labeled you had to go the other half of the property which is operated under a different name for ice.

The size was lovely my kids weren't on top of each other. The beds are soft which wasn't bad for me however my kids loved them. The breakfast was apple juice, orange juice, milk, cereal, muffins, toast, with a make your own waffle option.

• King Suite

Room was not the best. Wasn't very clean. Door didn't lock correctly. Bed was itchy. Location was secluded. Not very convenient to anything. Property located behind another property. And property had alot of traveling workers.

• King Suite

Of course, the hotel could use some upgrades and renovating especially in bathrooms and some fresh paint and new flooring. However, it's a good deal for price and the continental breakfast is what I expected. It's a little hard to get to, but not far from major highways and such.

In general, this property has continued to exceed my expectations. I love the layout and the large rooms, beds are comfortable and rooms are fairly clean.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The smell of cigarettes was so intense that when we packed up the very next morning, all our belongings stunk sooo bad. It was very hard to go to sleep. And that's because we heavily sprayed the room with lysol and left for a few hours. When we returned to no avail it still smelled the same. I guess the smell penetrated the walls and furniture. Very disappointing.

• King Suite

There are a lot of perminant residents.Lawn chairs and BBQ pits on walk ways.People up most of the night in parking lot.unfortunaly there alot of seedy type people.That being said I had no problems.

The location of property and the overall size of unit.It had a good size kitchen with ample space a seating.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

You get what you pay for. Hole in tub, dirty, bed, blankets and pillow sucks!! Holes and stains on sheets, towels and blankets.fold out bed was awful...broken mattress, no sheets and stains all over...very old and run down.and when asked to replace they said they couldn't and to flip over....will never go back. Would rather spend more money!!!

Breakfast, cheap

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The first morning breakfast was good the second morning ran out of juice and it was lacking. A few more selections wouldn't hurt.

Large room very supprised best night sleep I've had in a long while. Kids loved the room would come back

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

There was nothing but prostitutes and drug dealers. Someone was stabbed and killed the night before. You might be more careful what you represent or you could be held liable.

nasty

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• King Suite

I didn't like the location and the fact that there was no lock on the inside of the door. The sofa was very dirty and uncomfortable. The lighting in the room was very minimal and there was no microwave nor phone to contact the front desk. You had to walk from your room across the parking lot and buildings to the front office.

The bed was comfortable and the air conditioner got really cold.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Everything else. Bugs In room. Smelled liked smoke when it was suppose to be smoke free room. Pillows were flat and only two provided per bed. Too expensive for the quality of the room reserved. Not enough towls provided. Hard to find the room to begin with. Carpet very dirty. Never again will I come close to this hotel.

The location.

• King Suite

Despite the fact that room was "non smoking", there were strong tobacco smoke smell in the room. Even stink like smoke. Bed cloth was really dirty. Do not recommend.

No bed bugs.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The property is filthy. Definitely need to invest in new house keeping. I found dead roaches and one alive. The walls were dirty. I literally cleaned the counters and walls with a wipe before I let my children touch anything. I guess you get what you pay for! Needs to be remodeled for sure but seems like they're in that process.

The staff was very friendly!

The price

The bed was great, and the staff was amazing. I would recommend this site for any extended stay experience. I may even go back and move in if it were a little cheaper.

• King Suite

staff was unprofessional rooms dirty bugs just horrible. both my room and my daughter's

place had roaches dead and alive. I had to clean the bathroom before we could use it. asked for clean sheets was told i can give you a top sheet cause laundry has gone home.