Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton - Boston/Billerica-Bedford 3 stars

35 Middlesex Turnpike, Billerica, MA 01821-3936, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Billerica

Excellent place to stay, my preferred choice always.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Very low toilets, to close to floor if you're older like myself.

Very clean, very comfortable. Love love Homewood Suites. We go there frequently. Top of the line breakfast food served ranging from omelettes, french toast, waffles, roasted potatoes, sausage, bacon, breads, bagels, doughnuts, muffins, cereal hot and cold, juices, fresh fruit, coffee. Fitness center, indoor pool. Staff is wonderful. My preferred choice when I travel most definitely. Suites are modern with A.C. and clean, and cozy. So private and quiet. LOVE IT HERE.

A comfortable very convenient stay that can be an excellet experience for the whole family.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

The property is more focused on families and can get noisy with all the kids and pets. The facilities are somewhat old and need to be replaced/refurbished.

The location is fabulous. Having a small kitchen and living room is very convenient. Also, there is a Laundromat (coin operated) just in case you run out of clothes.

Okay location
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The property was a bit outdated and had a terrible pee smell in the room. We reported it as soon as we got there but nothing was done. They were sold out the first two nights I was there. I was supposed to rent another night but with the terrible smell it was just imposible. We even invested on febreze and carpet odor but it was really intense. Would not recommend to anyone.

The rooms were spacious but smelled like dog had pee.

My go to place when I bring my family home to Billerica.
    • Non-Smoking One Double Bedroom Suite

We've stayed here several times over the years. It is right down the street from my family. We are never disappointed. Breakfast . on Father's Day was great- cheese omelets, pancakes, sausage. The place always looks new, but we aren't there for renovation. I don't know how they do it because we stay there a couple of times a year. Staff are always wonderful.

Good convenient place
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

the disposable dishes and cutlery used in the breakfast area is not according to modern standards The shower in my room was only getting hot in case you ran it full throttle! That is not latest standards also.

The waffle machine provided in the breakfast area

Big rooms.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

The climatisation system sound in the suit 116 is awful. Woke me up all night long. There was almost not anymore food in the breakfast when we got there and it was just 8:15 am

Big rooms. Great staff. Good location

We love this hotel's location to things we come to Boston to enjoy. We will be back.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. Heavy on the carbs. The room was stuffy. We had the thermostat turned down but it was still too warm. No screens on windows so couldn't open the window.

The location of the room was perfect. Close to elevator and exit. Can't wait to see the new updates to the rooms.

Enjoyable experience overall and would definitely stay here again!
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

My only complaint was that our mattress was not the most comfortable that I’ve ever slept on. A little too firm for me personally

In a nice location in a quiet spot. Close to 1-95 and not far from shopping and dining.

Good price quality ratio for Boston area
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Even if we checked in for 3 people, there was no sheets for the pull-out sofa bed, we had to ask twice before leaving for the evening. Breakfast was okay, but not very diversified and tasty...

Well situated for a weekend trip to Boston. The room was clean and has almost everything we needed.

Beautiful room just not great service
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

We choose this hotel due to a bad back and it had a whirl pool. This was never hot we asked 2 times about it the second time the worker was snide and said she would look into it and send someone down we never heard back so we gave up calling but we did check it throughout the day and it was still just pool temp very disappointing. Room had dirty glasses, and at check out no one asked bout our stay so we could tell them she just rushed us out.

Breakfast staff was great and helpful and breakfast was definitely plentiful with a big variety. The very first lady who greeted us at the door was nice.

Definitely will look for Homewood suites again in the next place I go!
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Soundproofing could have been a little better, Hear noise of shower, water from next room and lots of kids running down halls.

As it's a suites hotel, it's nice to have a small living area/ kitchen and separate bedroom. The bed was good and the bathroom was large. Lots of the usual toiletries provided. Nice to have a kitchen with fridge & microwave, table, plates & cutlery provided. Coffee maker in the room and 24-hour coffee in the lobby. Breakfast was OK, with several hot items too. Liked the coffee.

An OK place to stay
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Our room didn't get cleaned while we were there. The breakfast was not good - lukewarm eggs, mediocre coffee, ran out of oatmeal. Also breakfast closes quite early at 9 AM.

Confortable and clean

a nice big room.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

The room was larger than we expected. I was surprised by the fact that there was a kitchenette in the room. We didn't use it though as we were too busy elsewhere. The breakfast was good and there were choices for all.

I don't see the need to stay at a suite by Hilton again
    • Non-Smoking One Double Bedroom Suite

The breakfast was one I would expect from a truck stop motel not one from a $150 @ night hotel by Hilton. The fact that our 3rd guest had to enter our room to use the toilet and shower was ,in my opinion, bad design.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Enjoyed our stay at Homewood Suites.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

I should have looked closer to Cambridge as our granddaughter was graduating from Lesley on Saturday and we had to go there daily. Then travel to Boston on Saturday.

The room, kitchen, living, was exactly what was pictured online. The breakfast was delicious. The pool was enjoyed by our grandson.

comfortable with family friendly atmosphere
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

signage out near street needs to be improved, due to property's far off-street location

kitchenette was clean, complete, and with adequate dishes and utensils for family needs

Unfortunately we couldn't enjoy the pool area.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Unfortunately we couldn't enjoy the pool area. There was a group of extremely loud and inebriated people that made it impossible to use the pool or hot tub.

you literally get a "suite.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

The bed was not as comfortable as they usually are in hotels of this class-- not terrible but just ok. And the sheets were the wrong size for the mattress and wouldn't stay put. The drawback to the business park location is that there is nothing nearby. You can drive a ways to the mall... I tried the one restaurant/sports bar that's walking distance: well, it's a sports bar.

you literally get a "suite." Sitting room with kitchenette; bedroom with bathroom. 2 big flatscreen tvs, no less. Nicely furnished, kitchen fully equipped. Even a dishwasher! (Which seems excessive, seeing that you got only a few plates and cups...) Nice bath. Surroundings are not bad, for one of those convenient-off-the-highway deals: it's not in a strip mall but a kind of business park, pleasantly landscaped, where you can go for a short walk. Quiet, too. Breakfast buffet varies, was good one day and ok the next.

Great stay at Homewood Suites
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

No problems with the property or area

The hotel was in an ideal location quiet and comfortable but within 5 minutes of any activity you would like to have really enjoyed our stay plan on returning

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

It was good but afew things weren't.
    • Non-Smoking One Double Bedroom Suite

I didn't like how the pool room smelled. It's smelled dirty, like if the floor around the pool was mop with dirty water. The pool water was cold. The water in the shower was coming out brown. And the fact that the registered messed up and gave the keys to my room to another guest wasn't ok.

I liked that it was nice and clean. Everything went great. Breakfast was awesome.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

This hotel was a great experience for us!
    • Non-Smoking One Double Bedroom Suite

I do think the heating system was a little loud and made it difficult to sleep.

The hotel was very nice and the beds were very comfortable - everything we expected.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Was a home away from home
    • Non-Smoking One Double Bedroom Suite

Dishes/glasses etc..in suite were/looked (cloudy and spotty) Chose to use plastic ware and paper goods we bright instead. Broken glass in cabinet. Rest of room clean and house keeping good.

Accommodations and location was great. Loved the evening reception food/beer/wine. As well as full breakfast and chocolate chip cookies fresh from oven early evening. All was free(included) Had everything I needed and more did not feel I needed to ask or leave for anything

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

The staff are great, but most of the amenities are barely adequate at best.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Pretty much everything except the actual people. The common theme is that this hotel has EVERYTHING, but it's almost always a really bad version of it. Water pressure was very low in the shower. The tap water had such a strong & bad taste that I couldn't even use it to rinse my mouth after brushing. The water was significantly worse than the hard water in other areas nearby, e.g. Burlington and restaurants. Note: When I mentioned this, they gave me two complementary bottles of water. They have a (indoor) hot tub, along with a timer for the bubbles so you don't accidentally stay in too long. However, there is so much chlorine in the hot tub that my eyes burned within seconds (and it's even worse with the bubbles). They have a (indoor) pool, but it's shallow enough that it would be dangerous if you were swimming freestyle laps (flipping would hit your head). The pool was actually quite warm (this might be a positive for you, I prefer cold/bracing). The communal carpets seemed to be clean. However, even though I saw staff washing the floors (tile?) my shoes would be sticky (or slimy) every time I went from the lobby to my room (or back). The suites have a fridge (large for a hotel/not a mini fridge) but it is extremely loud. The blinds (even the thick ones) let a very large amount of light through, making it difficult to sleep past sunrise without a mask. I believe the blinds have many holes in them. The warmest layer of sheets/blankets is shorter than the others so I would frequently wake up multiple times in the night with cold feet.

The staff were competent, friendly, and very helpful. Even the newer members would work diligently; If they didn't know the answer they took charge and found out the answer for me. For example: - They accept grocery lists and will do shopping for you. They didn't even charge me for what I asked for. I don't know if that was a mistake or if that was them apologizing for not being able to get me distilled water the night before (need it for my CPAP/medical reasons) - They have a shuttle (I chose to use Uber so I don't know the quality) that is free for up to (I think) 5 miles away, but not the whole day. - Explained policies very patiently and enthusiastically. They have a small gym with a bunch of free weights and a couple machines. I didn't get a chance to use it. They also have a business center, but I only used it for the shredder.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Experience was mostly positive
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

No sheets for the sleep sofa; mattress cover was stained; mattress was very thin.

Stafff courteous, friendly and helpful. Loved the layout of the suite Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Great accommodation and good value for money
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Pool could do with a changing area and inclusion of a sauna and steam room would be good for the future.

Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning and the dinner on Thursday evening. Suites were very comfortable and well equipped. All restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. Some reception staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Excellent location for visiting EMD and nice extras (food and beer/wine)
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Rooms were nice with separate bedroom and living area with kitchenette. Breakfast and free evening dinner/snacks with beer and wine was very nice! Location was perfect for working at EMD, could walk to the site.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Friendly and accommodating staff make for a delightful and restful stay.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Doors to rooms slammed loudly and could be heard throughout corridors with each occupant coming and going. Sheets had pen marks Not from us . Noticed in morning only after first night's rest. Front desk staff were unsure how to receive a Fedex package for pick up and did not have all necessary supplies for customer.

Spacious and comfortable room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hot breakfast and a variety of choices was greatly appreciated. The nearby shooting range could be heard throughout the day but we were pleased it did not continue into the night.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Nice place, clean, friendly and with pleasant room.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Bathroom sink outside the bathroom was a bit odd. Sofa bed wasn't great.

Complimentary light meal at 5-7pm was a nice surprise. The suite had a proper bedroom with a door. Well equipped kitchenette.

Outstanding experience from arrival to check out!

Nothing was lacking

The bed was more comfortable than mine at home! Staff was very accommodating and friendly. The breakfast was very good.

Location, the suite, having a refrigerator.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Being so far from the exit and elevator when the hotel was not full. The construction mess.

Location, the suite, having a refrigerator.

Staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Food was not good, hot food were not at the appropriate temperature.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Poor

Construction crew started too early outside my window 7 AM 😩

suite with full refrigerator and cooking
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

under construction, bit ragged and firealarm (twice) in middle of night due to construction issues

suite with full refrigerator and cooking

Breakfast could be better.
    • Non-Smoking One Double Bedroom Suite

Breakfast could be better.

Our new Home Away from Home!
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Location was perfect for us. The property is fairly new and comfortable. The breakfast was great. It will be our go-to property going forward!

Poor breakfast selection, and eating area too close to exit.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Poor breakfast selection, and eating area too close to exit. very cold

very comfortable

clean and tidy

• Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Quiet, spacious, clean, friendly helpful staff.

I loved our stay at your property!
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

It was great value for the money and comfy and ever so friendly!

Not good
    • Non-Smoking One Double Bedroom Suite

Bathroom was dirty and clogged Sleeper sofa was horrible Got no sleep due to feeling the wires of the sofa bed

Staff

Great experience!
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Great breakfast every day! Staff was helpful and friendly!

An excellent place to stay.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Breakfast was very good. The staff was always pleasant and wanting to help.

The Bed

The Bed

Nice

Nice

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Overall we liked everything.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Overall we liked everything.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

It was a small home away from home.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It would have been nice to have a tiny oven or a toaster oven then just stove top burners.

It was a small home away from home.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Quick stay & quiet location
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

I liked the feeling of it being more of an apartment than a hotel room.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Nice location for a fun weekend.

we didn't eat breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Clean bathroom.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Living room furniture worn and needs updating. Coffee maker not working.

Clean bathroom. Nice bath amenities.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Very spacious and great to have a kitchen.
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Did not like the eggs, too artificial.

Very spacious and great to have a kitchen.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

great place to stay
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

there was nothing to not like

the staff was awesome, everyone we dealt with was great. the rooms were roomy and comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Large comfortable rooms, beautifully decorated, exceptional...
    • Non-Smoking One King Bedroom Suite

Large comfortable rooms, beautifully decorated, exceptional breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Beautiful location!

We love this property!

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Breakfast very good.

Can't think of a single thing we didn't like. Our USCGA cadet grandson was really impressed.

Breakfast very good. Was staying on weekend so did not have pleasure in taking part in the evening buffet as we have done in the past at other Homewood Suites.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

The housekeeping staff were so friendly and would always...

Breakfast had a great variety. Only thing I didn't like we're the eggs. One morning I came to breakfast in the last half hour and the cooked food was cold. I never thought to use the microwave.

The housekeeping staff were so friendly and would always said hello. Very very nice desk staff. Help me out what some questions I had. Very casual and comfortable place to stay. Delicious coffee available 24/7

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Arrived early (about 20 min ) and the gentleman at the desk...

The only negative was the WIFI. It was very slow at times. It did work so I wouldn't rate it to poorly. I just wish it was faster.

Arrived early (about 20 min ) and the gentleman at the desk allowed us to check in. Friendly staff. Very clean hotel. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

The front staff was awesome and very helpful.

I din not have a bad experience

The front staff was awesome and very helpful. I couldn't believe what we had for a reasonable price. Wish I could have stayed a few more nights

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

The quietness

Toilets to close to the floor. Had both knees replaced a little awkward trying to get up.

The quietness The quietness , no noise able to sleep.

• Reviewed: 12 June 2015

All that was promised was there.

I lilked the entire experience.

All that was promised was there. I have traveled a lot and have to say that I was quite impressed with this hotel. Check-in was efficient; the room especially was lovely; and the kitchen facility was first-rate. A nice surprise was the microwave popcorn!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

Staff was nice and helpful

Where the smokers hung out near the room window. I requested one day reimbursement according to your policy and my request was never addressed.

Staff was nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 3 June 2015

The suite, was really clean, nice and relaxing.

It is a bit hard to get there without a car or by taxi / Uber, since it is after the lake.

The suite, was really clean, nice and relaxing. Breakfast was nice, had waffles, pancakes, potatoes and so on... The viewing and surrounding area was just amazing. This is such a relaxing place.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Staff was very friendly, room was clean and lovely.

I wish the WiFi was a bit better. That was the only down side of my stay.

Staff was very friendly, room was clean and lovely. I was very comfortable. I wished I was staying longer than just overnight. I would totally stay here again!

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

I was there on March 28th and 29th, the staff that are...

The only complaint I would have is more signs on the wall would be helpful. For example Lobby this way, pool this way.

I was there on March 28th and 29th, the staff that are working there awesome!! The lady who worked behind the desk during the night was very very kind and helpful as well as the man during the day. Unfortunately I do not know their names. The man who worked in the kitchen area where we got our food was also very kind. Great staff.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Wasnt any

Room set up pool and hot tub

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Breakfasts were great!

I wish they had room service!

Breakfasts were great! Rooms were very clean! My son enjoyed the pool and hot tub!!

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Breakfast was very good.

TV in bedroom was not working. I expected information about the hotel in the suite..

Breakfast was very good. Checkout was easy.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Location was good

Staff was unhelpful. No list of nearby restaurants. Didn't receive wake-up call on Tuesday AM.

Location was good

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

Great location spacious most comfortable beds and pillows...

Great location spacious most comfortable beds and pillows clean clean

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Comfortable bed, clean and well designed room, good...

A little pricy

Comfortable bed, clean and well designed room, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Excellent location close to all the necessary restaurant and...

Excellent location close to all the necessary restaurant and stores

• Reviewed: 16 November 2015

Spacious;

Would appreciate better food, in particular breakfast - perhaps eggs freshly prepared to order?

Spacious; comfortable; ambience

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

Breakfast could use some work. Disorganized and out of a lot of items.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

Good reception service, adequate facilities

No room cleaning for one night

Good reception service, adequate facilities

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Spacious, clean, comfortable - lots of attention to detail.

Breakfast starts at 7 pm on Sunday, bit late.

Spacious, clean, comfortable - lots of attention to detail. Front desk very welcoming.

There are also 46 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.