Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, SC 3 stars

230 Greystone Boulevard, Columbia, SC 29210, USA

#30 of 80 hotels in Columbia

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Kerry who worked morning front desk has a very poor customer service. She seemed very irratiable. Very short with words and sarcastic. She also mentioned that the air was broken in the hotel. Very unprofessional

Room was spacious

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Our trash wasn't picked up at all and clean towels were not brought to the room until i called 2 times. the 2nd time i called, 3 bath towels were delivered, nothing else. i went to the desk to get what we needed. we couldn't use the whirl pool tub for almost 2 days because we had no towels. and the bed was really hard

Everything was wonderful to begin with. Very clean and exactly what we wanted. All of the staff was very nice and friendly! when we had a problem, the staff was nice and attempted to take care of the situation.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast area was a bit small and could have been cleaner. It was a busy weekend with a lot of families with children and young teens.

The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. No problem getting new/extra towels. Late checkout was easily accommodated.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool was out of service the two nights we stayed. The main reason we picked this motel was because it had a pool inside. Was not aware of incident charge being removed from my account was told by motel this is in fine print on Booking.com but was not inform on arrival day by front desk asked if my friend and I could divide price I pay for one night and she pays for the other Night was told to wait until we check out then we could do this but instead they took the amount out that day plus 50 dollars for incident charge.

Clean, beds comfortable, and near activities we had planned for the two nights we had stayed

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I was given a room for persons in a wheelchair. However, I am not. I had a dress and nowhere to hang it. The TV in the room did not work well and did not include enough channels The room was clean for the most part; however, the jacuzzi tub was not as clean as it should have been.

Breakfast was good. Staff were friendly.

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Not a fan of feather pillows, but I always bring my own. I never could get the thermostat quite as cool as I like, but the ceiling fan remedied that.

The hotel was clean. The room was very big with a kitchen(full-size fridge), seperate areas for dining, sitting(sleeper sofa), dressing, king bed & large bathroom. Breakfast was wonderful, with standard continental, plus eggs, sausage/bacon, hash browns, fresh berries. Hated to leave!

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Check-in was pretty bad. I arrived shortly before 5:00 pm and they did not have a room ready. Had to way about 25 minutes to get a room. The "fitness room" consisted of 2 treadmills, one elliptical machine and some weight balls. Both treadmills were broken and there was not enough room to use the weight balls. Not many options for a decent meal near by either.

Room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is that I was too lazy to be up by 10, and I wish breakfast hours were longer. But that's more of a me problem.

Staff was excellent, extremely pleasant and accommodating. Most comfortable pillows I've ever used in my life.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

At check-in, cost was more than stated & staff could not explain why. Room was $109 & had already included 11% tax for total of 120.99. I had to pay $124.26.

Very clean & comfortable, enjoyed the stay very much.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Standard WiFi is horrible. For business you would have to pay for premium WiFi in order to work from the hotel room.

Quick response to request for more towels

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

We enjoyed our stay, we did notice that the trash in the kitchen area had not been emptied when we arrived, but no big deal.

Everything was great. No complaints.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

We reserved a smoking suite on the top floor of the hotel. We have twice in the past and found the accommodations to be on par and yet, also atrocious. The kitchen area? Dishes were dirty in the cabinets and there was food left in the microwave oven from previous guests. The pots and pans were unusable. The Teflon on them was horribly scratched, rusted and flaking. Bad. The bathroom? The toilet made a horribly loud noise every time it was flushed. The pullout couch? The mattress was downright nasty. We took pictures of how disgusting it was. The women working the complementary breakfast area were very unprofessional and acted as if they were put out to replenish the coffee and breakfast offerings.

Homewood Suites in Columbia, SC, is a very nice place to stay. A great location, convenient parking, a nice lobby and breakfast area.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds were very comfortable. Bath area very clean. TV viewing with DVD player in bedroom and sitting area with a full kitchen, cooking accessories and kitchen utensils. Toileteries and coffee supplies available Free parking accessible to room. Free WiFi with your stay. Overall it was excellent!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Fire alarm went off in the middle of The night several times. It was very inconvenient but I know it couldn’t be helped. Alarm went off because of the steam from the pool room.

Everything was awesome. Very comfortable. Nice pool. Great staff

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Big water bug in the room. Pool closed. The ice machines was broken . Fire alarm kept going off. They had a kid party in the lobby. Very loud. Guest complaining. MAnagement wouldn't answer phones

Room was big . Breakfast was ok

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Had to contact hotel three times before getting my refund however, after I was supposed to not be charged for the double booking.

Room was beautiful and staff was helpful when I double booked a room.

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Staff is very incompetent put my son down as a no show when they were clearly advised he was going to arrive the next day The guy kept hanging up on us and was very very rude!!!

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

They put my son down as a no show with a pregnant wife and child after we paid and advised more than once he will be arriving the next day. The guy kept hanging up the phone on us after putting us on hold several times!!! the staff is incompetent and it should've of taken over 30 mins and fussing for your hotel to get it together nobody gives away money for free these days!!!

Nice room

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the rate change as I was quoted one price but then charged another price. I didn't like the personnel's personality to my conflict. He didn't appear to have the greatest customer service skills. I also didn't like being place in a handicap accissible room as I felt somewhat closed in. We couldn't hang our clothing bag in the closet as that was equipped for a handicap person. I didn't like my towels on the back of the toilet but understand that is accessible for the handicap. The shower was not spacious enough but again was accessible for the handicap.

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

I booked a smoking room two days before my check-in date, but was called @ about 10am on my CHECK-IN day and was told they didn't have that room available. I was then told I "Requested" a smoking room. I explained to the lady that I did not request a smoking room, I booked one. When asked to speak to a manager, she stated that she was going to work some "Magic" and see about getting the room that I booked and she will call me back. I NEVER received a call. I called hours later (after 7) and then they told me that they got someone to switch rooms. MESSED UP MY ENTIRE EVENING! When I first got into the room, I noticed, it wasn't an oven (Description Just says "Kitchen") doesn't say what's all in there. So there goes half of the meal I had planned. I then reached for the Ice bucket on top of the refrigerator... SPLASH! Leftover water and bag from previous stay. So, now I'm wet. Trying to clean the up the water off the floor, I noticed, not one, not two, not 3... but FOUR strings of hair in different areas of the kitchen! NASTY! I took pictures! I called the front desk and the guy on duty was very rude and said that i will have to wait until someone gets there @ 7am, there wasn't ANYTHING he could do. He said that he would leave a note for the manager to speak with me... No one called. The room was a little outdated. They don't even have like the little radio where you can connect your I POD or use an AUX cable to play music off of your phone, the let out sofa was old and the bed was more comfortable on one side than the other. -There wasn't ANY towels by the pool side. Only dirty towels that a gentleman came and picked up but never returned with fresh ones.

The breakfast was Hot and DELICIOUS. I enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The pillows were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

The two women who attend for the hot breakfast were rude. I showed up at 9am for breakfast when it clearly stated it was finished at 9:30am. One of the women loudly stated that she did not understand why guests were waiting until the last minute to come for breakfast. It made me really uncomfortable and they did not seem interested in restocking the grits or hot food. They need customer service training, if the hotel says hot breakfast is served until 9:30 am, I expect it to be available until 9:30.. not 9am with attitude. This was literally the only problem with our stay. We didn't even attend breakfast our final day because I didn't want to deal with the attendants attitude and condescending looks. This was an unfortunate problem, seeing as we really enjoyed our stay and we're looking forward to the free hot breakfast. We stayed on the second floor in 213, the one thing we noticed was a very strong curry/Indian food smell that saturated one half of the floor. We personally enjoy the spicy aromas but this was too strong for once and it was present every day of our 4 day trip.

The kitchen was stocked and we had plenty of room to spread out in our suite. The full size fridge, dining table and microwave was perfect. The location is perfect for going to the zoo or heading downtown for dinner. The pool and hot tub were clean, we even saw the pool guys cleaning it and checking the pH during our stay. Also the hot breakfast was great the few times we got it. We did notice that the king sized bed was not really a king. We own one in our home (standard not California) and this one was considerably shorter in width. The pillows were comfy but if you don't like feather down that goes flat quickly, bring your own from home. Housekeeping was super kind, they were in and out and even started our dishwasher for us! The room stayed consistently tidy by the staff during our visit. We will be back again soon during football season!

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The bedroom TV didn't work. The room furnace gravitated between too hot and too cold. Worst of all, the fold out couch in the living room had a huge stain on the mattress that either looked liked poop or vomit that someone tried to clean up. We were extremely dismayed considering spending just under $200 for the night. Complaining at the front desk as we checked out only brought the same repeated response, "I'll let the manager know." We never heard from the hotel manager. I went to the hotel's website and sent an email to an email (which I assume when to the corporate office). I receive a reply within three days offering a complimentary stay in a Homewood suites hotel of our choice in the future. Nice customer service!

It's a nicely kept hotel, lots of amenities, spacious suite.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing. We lived it all.

Not only complimentary breakfast but also supper! Food was great. Staff was excellent! Had a room with mini kitchen, full refrigerator, 2 queen beds with privacy door, living room with tv and couch that unfolds into another bed. Also another tv in bedroom. Was wonderful!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Feather pillows No luggage bench

Bed very comfy, but don't like feather pillows Room was spacious Breakfast very good, Close to restaurants and airport

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The key card swiper on our door didn't work. The man at the front desk didn't believe me and send me up and down the stairs three times with a new key -and every time I told him that is wasn't reading the card at all. Finally after four times of not being able to get into my room at 11 pm he came upstairs with his master swipe key and that didn't work either because it was broken. So he had to go back downstairs and get an actual key. We could not leave our room and get back in without someone from the front desk letting us in...talk about a pain. When we finally got into the room we realized that the closet door was broken and off it's track so in order to get the extra bedding out of the closet we had to lift the door and get it back on track. Lastly at breakfast the next morning I was made to feel uncomfortable by the maintenance man on duty during breakfast when he kept coming up to me and asking me to solve math riddles. It was 8 am I just wanted to eat in peace.

The women who worked the kitchen area at breakfast were very sweet.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Every member of the hotel staff was friendly, welcoming, accommodating and professional. Manager Gary, the housekeeping manager and staff, front desk, the friendly women serving breakfast all made our stay a wonderful experience. Clean nicely sized rooms. Thank you all.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

The whirlpool didn't make many bubbles!

Very homely. One of the best hotels I've stayed in. Was like having your own quality apartment. Indoor pool.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff, especially the ladies working in the hospitality area, were outstanding. Very friendly and accommodating. Even left a couple of their recommendation cards to recognize their performance. The hotel and accommodations were as expected for the brand. Would definitely stay again and recommend for business travelers and families in the area.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

The bed was not made properly. The bed skirt was on top of the sheets and blanket. Thus caused a lot of discomfort and I had to totally remake the bed.

Location was great, easy access to several different restaurants

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Room was amazing in every way!

Room was amazing in every way!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The pool was down for maintenance and the gym !!!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The location was great and nice comfortable bed. I

Location area

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Very nice with a convenient location

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Ran out of breakfast items

Convenient

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

Wet floors. Constant chlorine smell, extremely smoked out room

Staff

The size of the room

The breakfast

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Lighting could have been brighter

Clean and well appointed

Staff was amazing

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

They had me coming in the day before I wanted 2 queen beds had to take asking and pull out sofa

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff could have been friendlier. Jets in the jacuzzi didn't work

The space in the rooms

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

it was a delightful experience with friendly staff,,and great accomidations

Grits too salty.

Hot and cold food selections

Happy with everything

Everything was perfect

Great staff wonderful place clean

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

I had to wait 15 minutes for the front counter guy to even notice I was standing there to check in because he was on his phone

The pool and sauna

• Deluxe King Suite with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not great

The room and pool

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The free food provided in the morning and the evening food and social time were great. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Need new sofa pull out bed. You could feel the spring inthe mattress.

Had to leave at 6::55 Saturday. Breakfast not till 7😂😂😂

Nice hotel Loved the mattress. I will buy one AiO had ronkeace

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was so friendly and the hotel was great. Clean,modern.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

The beds were comfy. The rooms were nice.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Pool.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

Everything was great!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Easier accessing of wi-fi. The process was taxing.

The eggs were not special, but the bacon, taters, and grits were excellent. The bed was perfect.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Breakfast was great. Staff at breakfast was amazing! Large comfortable rooms at a great price. Close to the zoo and just 8 minutes from all Gamecock game day facilities!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

What kind of detergent was used with their sheets, was itching every time I touched the bed. They used tide detergent on all there things.

The food was ok could of been better at that price

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Hotel wasn't the worst, but it could off been a little cleaner. There was a hair ball in the bathroom. Iron and iron board smelled like moldy. Pool had hairs every where. Breakfast was not all that either.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

I booked a non smoking room and was placed in a smoking room and I have asthma and the staff was unable to accommodate me at check in Therefore I was in the smoking room uncomfortable all night

The staff was courteous and then try to accommodate me the next day

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Had a very nice stay

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Elevators seem far, very small gym room.

Quiet, Spacious room, free parking, good wifi, decent breakfast, close to downtown Columbia, SC.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Very poor customer service. Staff was very rude, including the manager on duty. Will not be staying here again.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

The staff in the breakfast area were so friendly and welcoming

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

N/a

Everything was wonderful. Didn't want to leave.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

FRIENDLY STAFF OLDER MATURE WORKERS CLEAN HOTEL

• Reviewed: 30 December 2015

Check in clerk and breakfast were great 😊

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was very spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Add bacon to breakfast

There are also 41 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.