Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving-DFW Airport 3 stars

7800 Dulles Drive, Irving, TX 75063, USA

#10 of 72 hotels in Irving

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Requested a room for 5, front desk said we had a king room. I asked if it had two beds to sleep 5 and she said she didn’t know. She could see our reservation was for 5 people but we would only have a king bed in room. Thankfully sofa pulled out to make a bed but there were no extra blankets, pillows, or towels in room. Husband went to front desk to request extra and she told him she didn’t know where it was. Luckily he found someone else to at least give us towels so all the kids had one. We separated the covers on the king bed and did without so the kids had covers. Room was clean, air seemed to not work properly. It stayed hot.

Split bathroom made it easier for large family

the eggs.

We drove in from west Tx for the Foo Fighters concert, brought our kids and hubs sis to watch them while we were at the show, then the next day we'd take all of us to a Rangers game. Well when we arrived in DFW it was pouring cats & dogs outside and because there were seven of us in the car we had one of those roof top bags. Everything was dry but where going to go do some fun stuff before check in and we'd have to take everything off of the car in the pouring rain and store it in the car to prevent it from getting stolen. I called the hotel asking them if we could check in early, I told the young lady it didn't matter if the room was clean, just so we could set our bags inside. She said that unfortunately was against policy however if we'd like to place our belongings on a cart they would take it behind the locked office door and keep it safe until we returned late that afternoon. AMAZING! She didn't have to do that for us at all. So we drove straight to the hotel and unloaded the car onto a cart and they placed it in the office and we went on about our afternoon. She was absolutely wonderful! She was working the morning shift on 4/21 & 4/22, beautiful African-American woman. She was dressed professionally, had the best attitude, and was just all around helpful. I managed hotels for a decade and I would have given anything to have a dozen of her! We had a special room. Since we have four kids, we had a two bed room suite. My husband and I had a king room with bathroom, his sister in the other room in one queen bed, and our twins in the other, my daughter in the pac-n-play and my youngest son on the pull out sofa in the separate living area. There was sooooo much space! I have never found a hotel like that before and I understand why the room cost over $200. I wish the pricing was a bit more reasonable when all we did was sleep there. But it was really nice to be able to all stay comfortably together.

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

The tv was in a bad spot. And an employee took my waffle off of the waffle maker and took it to the back but brought it back to me when I asked. I also saw, while sitting in my car, the same employee taking waffles in a clear bag to his car.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

No restaurants near, had to use shuttle to pick up pizza. Booking said there was an airport shuttle, that is why I booked. But, the shuttle does not start until 7am Saturday. A little late if you have a morning flight. Also, we did not get breakfast since also did not start before we left, though they did give us fruit. So, I booked for breakfast and airport shuttle but could not use either. Though, the property did still get us a taxi, which was very appreciated!

Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very very nice with great kitchen and coffee. Great hotel and rooms! Close to airport.

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

Room need to be redecorated, there is no USB port in the room to charge phone. Whereas same hotel in Downtown at Elm Street have USB port all over the room and rooms are all mordenised . The breakfast need more variety.

Staff were nice and ready to help, place was clean, shuttles transportation was great.

Tight parking

Nice quiet location staff were very friendly. All of the staff were super friendly, lady named Eric was over the top made us feel so welcomed and she made our stay fun.

• Two-Bedroom King and Two Queen Suite

Breakfast is really not so good Staff is professional but nothing more than that Location is a bit of a challenge Very old furniture and fixtures in general

Large room, quite

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The light supper on Thursday night was not what I am use to. I have stayed at Homewwod in Chicago a lot and never just had a salad and soup. It also did not seem like anyone was in a hurry to get rooms cleaned. Friday the maid came at 4:30 to clean, not going to happen at that time.

Great bed and breakfast

The pool was to cold

The breakfast was great but no one informed us about the free drinks & food for dinner. It was also nice that we were accommodated in one large suite. It was perfect for our grandkids

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact that this location does not have 24 hour shuttle service to the airport. For many of the persons staying here, we had to schedule a taxi or other transportation on our own at an extra cost to us. Shuttle service needs to be provided and would probably attract more persons if it was available for early morning flights. When you have people with anxiety issues this just adds to their stress thus adding to other's stress levels as well.

Due to late arrival and very early departure we were not able to eat at this facility. However, the rooms were very nice and beds were comfortable. Staff was very accommodating, helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

After an initial hiccup (the shuttle driver seemed to have forgotten it was Monday and the shuttle was to start at 4am) I made it to the airport with heaps of time to spare. It was Monday after Easter so I guess we can put it down to too many Easter eggs the day before!

The Homewood suites concept is great - breakfasts included and free airport shuttle. I told them i was checking out so early I would miss the brekkie and asked whether I could take cereal up to my room the night before. They were most obliging.

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

The only thing I didn't like was the set up of the room. Most places have the tv in front of the bed instead of along the wall. I do understand it could rotate in any direction. Overall, it was a great experience with this being the first stay.

I like the breakfast bar. Most hotels don't offer that and that is important. If I pay a reasonable amount of money for a place to stay, the least they can offer is breakfast to prevent me from spending extra money.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

Missed restaurant service either in the hotel or in the vicinity - rather strange with about 8 similar hotels close-by ...

Large and well equipped room. Short ride from the airport - easy to use for an overnight stay. Very kind and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wish we could have The complimentary dinner on the weekends .

My family enjoyed the friendly staff and service. Also, the facility was accommodating to family travel,

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

the coffee maker in the room has a lot of mould growing, inside the water tank. Pls check if u want to use the coffee maker in the room. I told the room service and ask for a clean one, but no one came. Next morning when I checked out, I told the lady in the reception. But she had no reaction, even without saying a thank.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

WiFi was horrible couldn't get on. And I had a family of kids above me and on the same floor screaming and running all day and night then it sounded like someone was jumping in the room above me all night I was prepared for someone else to come thru the ceiling. I couldn't sleep for 2 days.. walls are thin. Thank goodness the hotel was nice because I couldn't have lasted with so much noise if it wasn't nice

Friendly staff nice and clean. Over all great

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

The area was great, the staff very hospitable, prompt, courteous and attentive. My family and I had a great time at this hotel the breakfast was great and so was the social hour we even got an opportunity to barbecue on the premises with there grills. It was the best trip ever.

BBQ Grill

Basketball court

Elevator

Easy to find

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The food choices was good but it was a bit too cold.

The room was big the kitchen and utensils that was available was awesome. Love it

Not a thing was wrong.

I think it was a wonderful stay.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Location. Hard to get into due to construction.

Price.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Hard bed nose in room no hot tub pool was cold

Big rooms full kitchen clean really nice

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The indoor pool was not warm

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast was amazing!

Bathrooms

Size of rooms

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

Rear entrance didn’t work with key card

Efficient staff, clean and comfortable room.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Very nice and helpful staff. Close to the airport and very good shuttle service. Spacious rooms, excellent breakfast.

Afternoon snacks

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Got to bfast at 9 was no eggs,no bacon , basically on hot table bfast is served till 10:30 so we slept in was disappointed in not having fresh food

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I eat only fruit at breakfast : there was no choice. The disabled room is only with the king bed.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

This place was wonderful very pleased

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The beds could have been bigger.

The breakfast was great....and we also enjoyed the light meal which was offered in the evening.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Cig smell

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Studio Suite

Nice large room, friendly staff made it great

• Two-Bedroom King and Two Queen Suite

The bed was comfy, plus we got a shuttle to the airport.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Very clean!

Worth the money!!!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

No bathtub, only a shower. The air conditioner was near the couch and blew straight out. Even with the ceiling fan it didn't circulate to the bed area. The curtains in our room needed cleaning.

Close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

In the hallways of the hotel it was very hot we had to hurry the through to get to the room cause it felt like a sauna. Also only one elevator was working the whole weekend.

The bed was super comfortable and the breakfast was excellent!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

The gentleman at the front counter was extremely helpful! Since their shuttle didn't run early enough for us (same for breakfast service), he arranged for the hotel to pay for a cab and let us get some breakfast items to take with us on our early flight. He really bent over backwards to make sure we were taken care of.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2015

It was a little difficult to find after dark the first time. Don't thing it's the hotels fault. Once we drove there Once, it

Every one of the staff members were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff were very cheerful and friendly. They even helped my granddaughter with her plate. The housekeeping staff always asked us if we needed anything and got our extra towels super fast. Every staff member had a smile on their face and made you feel welcome. The location was great. Close to Grapevine and restaurants we wanted to visit. The indoor pool gave us some great bargaining power with our 4 year old granddaughter. I love this hotel and will defiantly stay there the next time I'm In the area.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

I did wish that they had an ATM.

I was so grateful for the help of the gentlemen driving the shuttle to and from the airport. I was traveling alone with a baby and they were very kind. I think their named were Fernando and Raul.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

The staff were really friendly and helpful and we had a nice spacious and clean room. We traveled with three kids and the fact that we could eat breakfast and dinner at the hotel was awesome. The shuttle to the airport was wonderful as well.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

From arranging the pick up from the airport, customer service was second to none. The suite was huge, the beds were so comfortable, the covers were so soft. We wanted to take the beds home with us! The staff were amazing, and went way above expectations to make our stay brilliant. They recommended an excellent restaurant (Saltgrass), and even took us and picked us up when we rang.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2015

The bed was fabulous. I traveled with three small children (grands) and every one was very accepting of them. Great place. We would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

No restaurants within walking distance.

Close to airport.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2016

Value

Staff

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Helpfullnes of office and kitchen staff

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

Our room keys kept de-magnetizing,

Location to the airport, complimentary breakfast and light dinner

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

No complaints. It was great!

Nice Place, perfect location, close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

Location to airport

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Very hard to find the hotel at night, driving from the airport.

Very comfortable bed and room, excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2015

no comment

Location very close to the airport. Staff is extremely nice and friendly. Value for money!

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.