Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans 3 stars

901 Poydras Street, Downtown New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA

#67 of 160 hotels in New Orleans

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Nice stay with some flaws
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

For the shower, there was no shower gel or shampoo. For the breakfast plastic plates and cutlery and one -way -cups were used.

I enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool. The rooms were spacious.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

I don’t remember the names of the two people who checked us...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Like all the hotels in NOLA - very pricey but better than most

I don’t remember the names of the two people who checked us in but they were very friendly and helpful when our room wasn’t ready. Valets were great too

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Very friendly staff, good location, big rooms
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very very old interior. Bathroom taps all in a very bad condition, one step from breakdown. Air condition is blowing directly to the bed and very loud.

Very friendly staff, good location, big rooms

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

We had an awesome stay. wasnt too close to the craziness of NOLA, but walking distance to the fun:-)
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Not their fault, but there were some work being done on the inside and there was no running water on our floor for most of the day on one of the days. they apologized and kept us updated.

The staff there was incredibly accommodating. They were quick to help with a solution to a few issues we were having and gave great recommendations for places to eat, drink, and enjoy the night. they were super friendly!!!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Fantastic - A Home away From Home !

NA

All personnel were friendly, professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. Homewood Suites made you feel like you were family and will be our home away from home whenever we are in New Orleans.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Centrally located hotel.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

the harassment by the cleaning supervisor who kept continuing checking on staff (2-3 times/day), when I told her everything was ok on the first time and I was trying to rest. The staff take forever to clean public bathroom areas

Centrally located hotel. Free breakfast, and has meet and greet functions.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

FABULOUS!!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing about this hotel that we did not like.

The staff went above and beyond ,everybody was friendly. The hotel was exceptionally clean, the room was very large for the price. I would definitely stay there again. We had a great time!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Room was deluxe, clean perfect.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Can't add on to near perfection.

The breakfasts were always hot, and replenished. The wait staff kept coffee and all items full. The social gathering from 5pm till 6pm, was an added benefit.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Very good location for attending a conference around the...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery only for breakfast made me twitch. New Orleans is hot and humid and there is not a lot that can be done about that, but the aircon in the rooms seemed to actually increase the humidity. Yes, it cooled the room down but at the cost of everything being just slightly musty.

Very good location for attending a conference around the corner, amazing breakfast and coffee available 24h

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Check your linens...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had blood and hair on my suppose to be CLEAN sheets. The bathroom and kitchen were dirty. Had to go downstairs to tell them bc when I picked the phone up it was filthy. The house keeping didn’t even originally change the sheets , she must have just fluffed it and pulled back the covers. It was nasty! The house keeping came back up and changed my linens and did a lite fluff in my room. Still was dirty but I traveled 9 hrs already and just wanted to rest. At least my sheets were clean now 😊

How close it was to everything for walking. Also the breakfast was good

Great modern family suite with exceptionally friendly staff.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff were exceptionally friendly. We had an early tour, so our family would have missed breakfast, so they let us have some breakfast food to take back to the unit for the next morning. Made it a lot easier for us.

Overall great experience.

More variety with breakfast would be nice.

Staff was awesome. Gave great recommendations. Valet attendants were prompt. Excellent service. Valet parking was a bonus. We didnt have to worry about finding parking.

The only thing wrong was we arrived and found dishwasher was...
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Suite

The only thing wrong was we arrived and found dishwasher was full of smelly dirty dishes. I left a message on housekeeping phone the first day but it was not addressed

Next time in NOLA I will definitely be staying here!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel plumbing was old. Warm water coming from faucets.

The hotel staff was fantastic! The rooms were pleasantly appealing! Breakfast buffet had a generous amount of food choices. Liked the area the hotel was in as it was quiet but close to all the action!

The hotel was nice, clean, and in a good location.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Non optional Valet Parking fee of $45.00 per day was not on booking.com. Did not realize until too late to cancel hotel. Hotel also charged a $30. Incident fee (hold) that was not on booking. Sheets were not deep enough for mattresses. Did not stay on beds. No matress covers.

The hotel was nice, clean, and in a good location. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Good location near French Quarter and Trolley and good complimentary breakfast
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Some minor things could have been better. The carpet in our room was dirty and made our feet and socks dirty when walking around, there is no ice machine on the floors because you have a freezer that makes ice but it's very slow. We didn't have a full bucket of ice until the next day.

Good location: 5 blocks to French Quarter, 1 block to the St Charles Trolley. The complimentary breakfast was very good! eggs, meat, waffles, cold and hot cereal and fruit every day. Staff super helpful and friendly and overall very clean. Our flight came in before check-in and left after check-out so the staff was great about storing our bags for us while we walked around.

5.5
    Very disappointed with this location compared to Shreveport......
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Mattresses cheap, poor quality and very uncomfortable. Very difficult to reach housekeeping staff and guest services after 6 pm. 5 people in room with 3 washcloths and 3 towels. Stayed at Homewood Suites in Shreveport La 3 weeks ago. It was a 10/10 and this is why we booked again.

Friendly staff at checkin and valet

Overall this was a great stay!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only downside was with a few of the housekeeping staff who because of a language barrier, couldn't understand what I needed. Secondly, there was a few occasions where they were knocking on the door ignoring the DO NOT DISTURB SIGN that was in place.

The front desk personnel were friendly and professional. The young lady Krystal was very helpful in identifying different places within walking distance. The hot breakfast was a tasty variety, much appreciated and far better than a Continental breakfast. Nevertheless this was a hotel that I greatly enjoyed.

Relaxing and fun
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms were large and clean..free breakfast and monday thru thursday free beer and wine and dinner were great. Staff was friendly and attentative. Valet parking well worth the price. All day trolley car 3.25 great way to get around for cheap all day..very convenient.

The breakfast was great.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool was dirty. My children's swimsuits had the worst smell after swimming in it.

The breakfast was great. Suite had a lot of room to move around.

The hotel is in the business district, which means there are...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The couple of times I stopped by the evening social and looked around and didn't really see much I felt like eating. I was also surprised that there didn't seem to be anything preventing underage drinking besides a sign saying you must be 21: there didn't seem to be any staff serving drinks, there were just wine bottles and a beer tap. I arrived the day after there had been a pipe burst that had knocked out the main elevators leaving only one service elevator to be used by all guests and staff. Needless to say, the wait was long and the elevator stopped on almost every floor almost every time. I understand that it takes time to fix such things, but nobody said what the situation was for FIVE DAYS when there was finally a letter distributed to all guests. That letter should've been the first thing they did after calling the restoration company, and should've included some kind of estimate of how long it would take to fix. Given the elevator issues, a lot of guests were using the stairs, but they didn't seem to be getting cleaned, which meant there was low-level clutter starting to build up (used plastic cups, other bits of trash, one dead cockroach). And you know how it is when people see said like that: they think it's ok to litter too and add to it. The room itself was ok. The main light was out in the bathroom, which was surprising as you'd think that in cleaning the bathroom they'd notice and mention something to maintenance, but, no, that was left to me. The bed was not particularly comfortable. It was more squishy than soft, so it actually felt kind of hard to sleep on, but if you sat on the edge it swished so much you'd almost fall off. Probably my least favorite thing was that the ac was ridiculously loud in the bedroom. When it spun up to maximum loudness it was actually painful, though that peak loudness didn't last super long. As a result of that noise, I got

The hotel is in the business district, which means there are tons of restaurants (chain and local) and a grocery store and pharmacy really close by. It's also just far enough from the main French Quarter that it's not loud, but close enough to walk. The hotel seemed pretty clean, and although my allergies seemed to indicate the possibility of roaches, the only one I saw was a dead one in the stairs. I liked that they had breakfast and an evening social, though the quality and selection were not as good as at similar hotels I've stayed at before. I did like that there were two waffle irons, so there was hardly ever a wait. I also liked that the main breakfast items rotate, though some days the options were "meh".

Communication needs improvement!
    • Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We had a water main break that caused a fire alarm our 3rdnight. We sat in the lobby for almost 2 hours with no one from the hotel ever explaining what was going on, what to do, offering a bottle of water or anything. Anything I know I heard from another guest. After that the elevator was closed for our last 2 days and nights so that meant walking up and down 6 flights of stairs each time or waiting 15-20 minutes to use the service elevator. Still no communication from the hotel. The morning after the break we had cold showers. The morning of checkout, it took over an hour to get an elevator empty enough (service elevator) for all 5 of us to get our luggage down. And still no word from the hotel, no apology and a whopping $100 off our bill after I asked for any compensation for our troubles. I understand this wasn't their fault but some kind of communication from management would have been very helpful toward this bad taste left in our mouth.

Nice room, managers reception.

Poor facility and staff but close to the French quarter
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Disgusting elevators and hallways, staff were unkind and didn't like to be bothered. Valet was terrible and took ages. Air conditioning never got cold, they did construction on the room next door in the early hours of the morning, room was fairly clean, but outdated

I would not use this Hilton property again.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was outdated, dirty and wallpaper peeling off the walls. Plus the toilet ran all night. None of the doors lined up in the frame to shut in the room. Also the furniture was mismatched, dirty, and outdated. A rolling desk chair, a banquet chair and an actual chair that went with the table was used at the dining table

The a/c worked well and the continental breakfast was good.

The over all experience was wonderful.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything meet my expectations..

The over all experience was wonderful.. Valet could be just a tad bit effeciente but other than that.. We enjoyed our experience!!!.. STAFF WAS VERY ACCOMMODATING AND FRIENDLY/HELPFUL... BREAKFAST... FOR STARS 👍👏..GOTTA LOVE NEW ORLEANS FOOD💝

Awesome
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

No meat for breakfast on Friday morning.

STAFF WAS EXCELLENT. Front desk Jermarian, Elaine and Christal were extra special. So helpful. Arrived early as we were on a cruise. But they made the wait less painful. Jermaian and Elaine worked hard to get our rooms ready as soon as possible. Happy hour food was good.

I've had better for less..
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Too many charges on my card per day. My toilet was leaking. The pool had all our eyes red. Overpriced. I thought they had a on site bar and restaurant and spa for that price.

Breakfast.

Nice hotel for most part. Not sure I would stay there if visiting New Orleans again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping. Terrible. Fitted sheet on bed too small and kept coming off during night so was sleeping directly on mattress. Had a Keurig coffee maker in room but no coffee pods. Kept bringing coffee packets for regular coffee maker. Called front desk about the coffee but when the maid came she said she had no pods for our maker. Also left note for cleaning staff asking for a new/different fitted sheet and Keurig coffee pods. Came back to room, note was gone, same sheet on bed, only one bath towel left in bathroom, and more regular coffee left. Maybe does not know what kind of coffee Keurig uses. Helped that they had 24 hr coffee in lobby but inconvenient having to go down to get it during night or very early in morning.

Front desk staff, concierge, and all people in and around lobby/food area were very nice and helpful. Location was great. Close enough to French Quarter to easily walk but just far enough away to avoid all the night time noise.

The perfect location for a once in a lifetime trip. Thank you to all at the hotel!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast space could do with having a few more tables to accommodate during peak times.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location and a very comfortable and spacious room.

Great location, great breakfast, and adequate accommodations.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator in room was not working properly. Pull out sofa bed was uncomfortable-had to purchase inflatable mattress. One day of our stay we did not have towels because one of the hotel’s dryers was broken.

The breakfast and evening snacks/drinks.

Our room was for three and the sheets for the sofa bed in...

The maid service.

Our room was for three and the sheets for the sofa bed in the living area were missing, when I requested them at 11pm (when I realized it) they brought me just 1 sheet. And the following day the sofa bed was not prepared and the bathroom floor was dirty.

Would have been great if I had not been awakened at 12:40 am
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Toilet seat was about to fall off. Was called at 12:40 am from a very unpleasant person in the valet area. She was wanting to know if I had the keys to my vehicle. I said no, the vehicle was left with you when we arrived and I have not seen it since. She asked me to look and make sure I did not have the keys. I told her once again no and she had better find the keys. She NEVER said she was sorry for waking me. Both of these issues were reported to management. Toilet seat was still falling off when we left.

The small dinners served on Monday-Thurs evenings was really nice.

Good times

I didn't like the parking it was expensive and that's the only thing I have that I didn't like

Everything the rooms was nice and clean the breakfast was great and the staff was super nice

Ice maker did not work.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Ice maker did not work. Housekeeping continued to not supply correct amount of towels. Five in party. Three sets given. Would have to hunt down staff for more. Toilet was not working. Water would not stop running.

Spacious room, great for families
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Furniture a bit dated, but generally ok.

Spacious room, great for families, clean. Free beer in evenings. There is an adjacent parking facility that charges $20 for all day parking, with in and out privileges.

great location, hot tub and room service need work
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our AC unit went out on the first night and by the time we noticed our kids had fallen asleep, we were offered a different room but we couldn't imagine moving everything a family of 4 had already unpacked. We asked for an extra pillow and didn't receive it until the next day after asking a 3rd time. Hot tub didn't work and pool was insanely cold so we couldn't even utilize the main reason I booked this property (indoor pool for kids!) No luggage cart available for us upon checkout, we were on the top floor so it was difficult to make several trips to pack up a family of 4's belongings.

Breakfast was extensive, bed was comfortable.

Loved this location , which is walking distance to many...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved this location , which is walking distance to many activities and attractions, but away from the noise. Our family enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and evening reception!

Nice stay with great food!
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not the propertys fault but power went out and had to climb stairs to get to room on 12th floor. Room key did work even with power out though.

Nice room and friendly staff. The evening social bite to eat hit the spot after a long day on the road. Valet staff was so nice and helpful.

Disappointed & we won’t be returning.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed was very uncomfortable to sleep on. The mattress needed replacing. Some of the bed sheets were dirty. The daily cleaning wasn’t as thorough as in other hotels. The bathroom remained dirty. The hotel looked tired & could do with a lick of paint at least. The waffle machines broke for breakfast. The breakfast didn’t have healthy options for those of us concerned about what we eat. From the reviews I had read I expected more as a comfortable hotel.

The staff were very friendly & helpful

Overall, decent hotel and would stay again due to proximity to local attractions.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was HORRIBLE. The entire mattress dipped in the middle and during the course of the night, it actually slid off the box spring. The hot tub was inoperable. The entire hotel needs a deep clean. I am not sure how old the hotel is but you can definitely see signs of wear and tear with water stained ceilings, dusty furniture in the halls, filthy windows, and stained carpet.

The staff was nice and helpful especially Dominque and Jamarian. I felt the hot breakfast provided a decent variety. The evening reception was just barely okay.

Overall, decent hotel and would probably stay again due to proximity to local attractions.
    • Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was absolutely HORRIBLE! The entire mattress had a dip towards the middle and it literally slid off the box springs. The entire hotel can use an upgrade and a serious deep clean. You can tell the property is definitely showing its age. But most disappointing, the hot tub was inoperable!

The staff overall were nice. Dominque and Jamarian were especially helpful. I appreciated the hot breakfast options. The evening reception was okay.

Spring Break
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My room door did not close properly. We had to wait a long time before our room was ready & we had to constantly ask the front desk about the room ETA. Linen was not changed daily and we had To ask for towels.

The location was in walking distance to major attractions and the Superdome.

Good Family Place to stay in NOLA
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some staff had unfriendly attitudes.

Nice clean, comfortable, great location. Easy walk to French Quarter, restaurants; etc. Breakfast is just okay. Evening manager social hour good plus beer and wine complimentary .

great hotel, great location
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

the phones didn't work(actually had to be disconnected since they rang randomly all night long) the wifi was spotty and the room wasn't as clean as we hoped

Great location, knowledgeable concierge staff and the evening snacks were very helpful for our younger guests. Staff was lovely

Overall the stay was great.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Overall the stay was great. They allowed a member of my group to check in since she arrived a couple hours earlier than everyone else with a simple phone call. Staff was nice and accommodating. And the check out process was a breeze.

We had a pleasant and comfortable experience.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Our Kleenex ran out within the first night of our being there. After maid service the next day, we came back to our room to find no replacement Kleenex. We also had fresh bath towels, but no hand towels, despite our leaving them on the floor to be replaced. This was not a big deal, though, and when we asked for hand towels at the front desk, two different people brought them up to us at two different times! Lastly, for some reason, even though our room door flashed green and registered both of our room key cards, the door would not budge open, even with my husband really pushing on it. Eventually, after about 10 tries, my husband was able to get the door to open. We did not have that trouble with our door before or after that time. We let the hotel know about the issue because something is obviously not right there.

The bed was very comfortable — especially the pillows! Everyone that worked at the hotel that we interacted with was friendly and helpful. The valet parkers were especially polite and even gave us directions to the nearest gas station.

Overall good and excellent stay.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

A little inconvenience due to valet parking, if you forgot something in the car, you need to ask for the car to pull up and then the car will be return to the parking again.

Room was clean and roomy. Bonus dinner at night was unexpected. A little walk distance to Bourdon Street and French Market.

Rooms were great, spacious and clean
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

At 1:30am none of the tv channels were working on 1 of the days On some occasions the breakfast was bland It would have been nice to have a bottle of water in the room The garbage truck coming at 1:30am to pick up the bins from the hotel but that isn't really the hotels fault.

Rooms were great, spacious and clean Location was great for shopping and getting to the conferences I needed to be at Front desk staff and gentlemen at the front door were always courteous.

It was my first time visiting New Orleans.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I loved everything about it.

It was my first time visiting New Orleans. I’m big on customer service and they were excellent. I loved the location. We were able to walk to everything easily. It was extremely peaceful. We really enjoyed our stay.

Poor choice
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

we stayed from day 9 to day 11 in this hotel and during our stay they did not clean the suite, nor did the bathroom and no replacement of bath towels. poor breakfast, dirty utensils and time consuming replenishment. They did not serve the traditional waffles and complentos. Price incompatible with services.

Our stay at the Homewood Suites was excellent and we had a great family vacation in New Orleans
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Suite

Not able to use pull out sofa bed because mattress of poor quality

Location, less than a mile walk to River Walk and French Quarter. Ability to have breakfast and dinners on site. Great for a family stay. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating Rooms clean

Good time for wife and I
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location, Staff (except) room persons. Did not do such a good job. Did not leave wash cloths one day, did not leave morning coffee two day. We did not leave a time for them.

I loved the great friendly staff, cleanliness and the...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing is I wish that on Sunday they could have opened breakfast a few minutes early to grab a bite before race.

I loved the great friendly staff, cleanliness and the perfect location to French Quarter and starting lines for my races this weekend.

I expected a bit more from a Hilton hotel
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty- dirty comforter, dirty dishes in dishwasher and no dishwasher detergent, food on the sofa and a leaky dishwasher. The biggest disappointment was that the hot tub was broken (for weeks) and no one told us upon check in. The whole reason we paid an extra $50 a night on a hotel was for the hot tub since we both work on our feet and we wanted a relaxing vacation spot. Curtains didn’t fully close to block out light. The room was a nice size but a bit shabby. Could use a deep cleaning

The breakfast and evening meals were nice- the saving grace to our stay. Free coffee 24/7. Very nice valet/doormen and concierge. Walking distance to the French Quarter and Armstrong Park. Bright room. Checked in 20 mins early

Fantastic property that I will definitely book again.

The friendliness of the staff at check-in was exceptional. We were greeted with smiles and pleasant exchanges. Complimentary breakfast, lunch & dinner was a definite plus! The food selection was adequate. The aroma of the chocolate chip cookies baking was infectious. Guests were waiting for them to finish. We were helped with our bags. There was a surprisingly very short wait time for our car to arrive from Valet Parking.

Homewood suites by Hilton in New Orleans is excellent!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hot tub was out of order but the pool was great.The breakfast should have a steamer under it because as fast as food was brought out it was cold and then you had to microwave it, but overall it was still good.

The location is Awesome! I walked everywhere!Staff is excellent!They are friendly and they text you and check on you every step of the way to see if if you're comfortable,is your room to your satisfaction,if you need or want anything. This alone makes you feel comfortable especially if you've never been to this site or city.Concierge is very friendly and informative about the city and tours and will save you money.Parking is valet for $35 or more and seemed to be off site somewhere yet I went to adjacent public parking lot and paid $20 a day (in and out no extra charge)This place makes you feel so at home that you hate to leave.Everything is furnished for you down to the pots and pans to cook with on the stove in your suite.

Excellent hotel. Everything you need and more.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bin trucks at 4.00am twice when we stayed and sirens going during the night, this is something out of the hotels control, nothing they can do about it.

The staff were very friendly and always at hand if you needed to talk to someone. Breakfast was good. Bonus of a snack too between 5-7pm. Cleanliness of the hotel.

The overal stay was good but the beds were NOT COMFORTABLE and my back hurt the entire time, sleepi
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds were not comfortable, my back hurt the entire time i slept there. THE BEDS NEEDS TO BE REPLACED IT WAS A TERRIBLE NIGHTS SLEEP!!!!

the hotel was nice and clean the Valet , Front desk staff and house keeping staff was excellent !!

Carlos was fantastic!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom in room was not clean(floor black in tiles, bath black mold around tub and pink mold around drain).

Carlos was fantastic! Nice decor and amenities.

I was very pleased!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms were great and spacious. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious. We did not have to wait long for our vehicle because they call in advance to have it waiting for us.

Would stay here again.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

shampoo and tissues in the room needed replaced on a couple of days and weren't.

Breakfast was fantastic. The evening drink/food was great too. Room was comfortable.

This was one of our best NOLA stays of many!
    • Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was excellent as we were there for a Saints game. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. In addition, the breakfast area was large and could handle a crowd each morning. We loved the balcony view!

Nice place to stay, good value for the money, would stay again
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I had expected a full kitchen with an oven, since the description said 'kitchen' instead of a kitchenette. Alas, I mistook the washing machine as the oven in the pictures: there was only a stovetop and a microwave oven. This is why I said that the place didn't meet MY(heightened) expectations; had my expectations been correctly calibrated, it would not have been an issue. Also, the reception contacted the housekeeping staff about seeing if they had a toaster oven I could have borrowed: unfortunately not, but I did appreciate the effort. The other small issue I encountered was a lack of many necessary cooking implements & utensils when I arrived: I didn't have any forks, ladles nor a frying pan (the staff delivered these items quickly, though, when I notified them), and no big knives for slicing bread or cutting meat (and apparently none in the whole place since the staff just had to give their apologies). This is by no means singling this place out; I have had rooms in other hotels with even worse equipment. But I do find it puzzling in general that the hotels/rental apartments which have cooking opportunities within the rooms won't make sure that they are adequately equipped. It doesn't cost that much and makes a big difference in how much like home the place feels. Finally, more of a head's up: the WIFI login page gives the Honors customer as a default. You'll have to go a couple of lines down to find the Standard Complementary WIFI. Again, not a big deal, but enough to confuse a weary traveler for a minute. Oh, more plugs by the bed would have been nice, given all the electronics modern travelers can carry with them. I am sure that the staff would have found me an extension cord had I asked; as it was, I had my own, so it wasn't an issue for me. Again, this is common with many hotels, not just this one.

Nice big refrigerator and fridge. Bed was comfortable with many pillows (something not to be taken for granted!). It was nice to have a buffet breakfast instead of a croissant and a packet of jam that happens in 'continental' breakfasts. The WIFI worked well enough to stream Youtube; you just had to login each 24h period. The 'social' dinner at 5pm - 7pm was modest, but free; also if you like beer or wine, you get even more out of it than I did. Staff was friendly and willing and quick to help with the minor issues (see below for details). All in all, good value for the money and I would stay here again.

Was not able to check in until 5:00 pm.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Was not able to check in until 5:00 pm. Only 2 people working. Had to change closes in the restroom to be able to make dinner reservation. When i called the day before to ask if I could at least park when i planned to arrive the next day at 3:00 pm they told me no problem and i could probably check in then as well. Check out was at 11:00 am not sure why rooms were not ready. Numerous people waiting.

Never stay there again and may not use this site. I normally am happy with Hilton hitels
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bedding was horrible. The sheets did not fit the beds requiring me to remake the bed 7-8 times in the night. I have never had someone use a bedskirt as a sheet on the bed instead of a blanket. There were no fitted sheets for the sofa bed and the mattresses were so thin that my 3 and 6 yr old grandchildren woke up saying the springs were poking them. I paid over 1000.00 for 2 rooms for 2 nights with valet service because parking was too far away to walk for my pregnant daughter in law and grandchildren. There was no hair dryer in 1 room and when we called to ask for one they told us we couldn't get one until housekeeping showed up later in the day.The only reason we stayed is because my booking was non refundable and I am not happy as I have used this site many times.

The breakfast and evening simple supper was excellent. The staff was great but they are fighting a losing battle

Nice location, pretty hotel, staff could use a little hospitality education.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was not so good, it was obvious when we walked in our room for the 1st time that the room had not been vacuumed, cigarette butts on balcony garbage under sofa bed. Sofa bed was basically springs covered by blanket material. Check in clerk was rude and needs to brush up on customer service education. He sent up a lobby attendant to vacuum room and sweep balcony.

They have a pool. Rooms were great size. Our room 802 had a balcony.

Great friendly staff.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only disposable tableware for breakfast. Why don't use use regular tableware instead of producing so much unnecessary waste?

Great friendly staff. Good location. Nice room. Breakfast.

A good stay overall...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I found the hotel quite noisy (bin collections outside at 4-5am each morning and a lot of noise from the water pipes when someone in a room nearby took a shower!)

The hotel staff were very kind and helpful. The breakfast was very good. The location was very good. The room was nice and comfy.

The hot breakfast and happy hour was great.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wifi was tricky. Didn't like the two sets of taxes and fees I had to pay going through booking.com. That was sneaky!

The hot breakfast and happy hour was great. The food staff was awesome! Our room was great.

It was a great week, the hotel is really excellent.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing. For saying something, it would have been great to have a bar for the evening, but it was solved with some nice drinks at the French quarter! :)

It was a great week, the hotel is really excellent. Our suite was really big with fridge, dishwasher, microwave, crockery, etc. The breakfast was fine, and in the evenings (from Monday to Thursday), there was a free dinner with free beer and wine. The location was excellent, near the French quarter but without the noise of the quarter, and also near the conference center (10 min walk). The pool and gym also great. Excellent! I would repeat!

It was nice but I did not get the accomodations I was told I was getting.
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Suite

We arrived at breakfast 30 mins before it ended and they were out of things. We were told they were bringing more 3 times and they never did. Then started picking the food up. I feel it was rude.

nice
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

At first made mistake about rate of each evening, but at last changed back after contact with booking! Good!

Everything is nice! Big room, tasty breakfast and even dinner!

Indoor/heated pool.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was not cleaned one day. Not enough towels and wash cloths for specified number of guests. Room door would not stay closed. Closet wouldn't close.

Indoor/heated pool. Location. Breakfast variety( eggs were actually good).

lovely time in NOLA
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

lobby coffee was variable, first day was ok, subsequent days was dreadful stuff - undrinkable.

big suite, polite and helpful staff, nice gym and pool. I was able to rent a bike nearby and store it in the room when not using. good laundry room too.

Amazing Hotel- Wonderful Experience
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything exceeded my expectations. From the minute I checked in to the minute I left, the whole experience was awesome. The staff is all super friendly, the facilities are clean, the food selection is vast, and problems were taken care of immediately. During the week they offer a social hour with dinner or snacks as a nice bonus.