Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios 3 stars

5893 American Way, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#68 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very nice and had a separate living and kitchen area with a full bedroom. The sofa pulled out into a bed. They had free breakfast and a small dinner every day. They offered a free shuttle to and from Universal. The pool and hot tub area was really nice. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. We would definitely stay there again in the future! We ended up taking a taxi back one night because we didn't want to wait for the shuttle and it was only $10.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Coffee is really bad and fruit is not fresh... I vest a little more in better breakfast... more diverse

the room was big, the kitchen very nice and we enjoyed a lot the pool and the wireless service.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was nice, nice size TVs, the kitchen was great- nice refrigerator, stove, table, appliances, etc, but the toilet ran constantly, the beds were only moderately comfortable and the shower wouldn't drain. Construction is going on outside the hotel - at 2 AM which made it difficult to sleep as well.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing that couldve been better was the varity at breakfast.

It was clean and was a great location. The weekly evening social was a great surprise!

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff helpled in a crisis. I accidently only booked 2 nights! We arrived and the staff was able to work things out so we weren't "homeless" for our first night in Orlando.

It was quiet. They had a shuttle to and from Universal. Breakfast as well as their M-Th dinner/beer/wine was of good quality and included.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Credit card charged 3 times for the full amount of the stay - 2 authorisations still pending plus final charge. Why the hell they did not use one authorisation. Don’t they know that credit limits are by definition limited... Basic breakfast.

The kids loved the waffles for breakfast. Good location for Universal theme parks and Seaworld. Clean.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The kitchen staff wasn’t they was rude to guess and with Orlando been a tourist town the hotel is always busy and we had to wait on breakfast to be restocked and you asked them a question they just looked at you.

The best was the location and the outside fire pit that we enjoyed most, the front desk staff was great, they accommodated your needs

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Site advertised crib play pens and high chairs. Inrequested a crib. Not only was it not in the room when we checked in at 10 pm they told us they dont provide cribs. The play pen didnt have a sheet we asked for bedding they said they dont have bedding for play pen. We had to go out to Target the next day to purchase a playbpen sheet.

Clise to universal free breakfast and happy hour.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I'm trying but I can't think of anything. Oh yeah I know. Do the happy hour all 7 days or at least Friday night.

Very rarely does a hotel (or anything for that matter) exceed my expectations. This hotel did. The suite was large and it was great having a separate bedroom. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or hot tub but it looked great outside our window. You have no idea how great it is to have a buffet breakfast for the kids before heading off to an amusement park for 12 hours. Makes all the difference in the world. The staff was very friendly as well.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms need vents. 3 boys + no vent = stinky.

I forgot something in my room right after I checked out. The front desk clerk called the facilities manager, who was very helpful and gracious. The hotel manager also checked with me to make sure I was satisfied. Our cleaning lady, Eva, was excellent. Everyone seemed happy and enjoyed doing their job, really a great experience.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The sofa's mattress was not good. Saucepans were too little if you want to cook for 4 people. They offer a small dinner from Monday to Thursday, which is included in the room price. It is offered only from 5 to 7 pm, which I found it too early and the food is not very healthy ( type of fast food). There is no restaurant in the hotel.

You receive an impeccable room with dishes and glasses completely clean and shiny. There is a laundry available for guests, which is a cheap to use and very useful if you plan a long stay. The staff is very helpful, you can even leave a grocery list at the front desk and they do the shopping for you without any additional cost ! The hotel provides tea and coffee ready for you all the time. Breakfast is very good and if you want to have it in your room , you can grab some food and just take it to your room ( I did when my kids were sick). I did some online shopping and they received the packages for me, no problem at all. Rooms are very comfortable.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Two things I didn’t like. 1. The guy from whom you can buy your tickets to Universal and book your shuttle to the parks is not customer oriented and my experience with him,he came off a bit mean and intimidating. 2. Did not like the fact that for breakfast the hash browns was placed together with the pork sausages and guests were getting the spoons mixed up and using the sausage spoon for the hash browns and vice versa. My relatives who are vegans and for home the menu choices were already limited could not enjoy the hash browns because of this.

I love the service we received from the staff, very much caring and helpful from the moment we checked in until we left, I would especially like to thank both Tim and Kay who went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met, answered all our questions and made a point whenever they see us in the lobby to enquire how our stay was going thus far. The hotel is a well maintained and clean facility although it’s not directly on International Drive just a short walk will take you to an I- Trolley stop which you can take to do sight seeing or shopping at either one of the premium outlets. I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back whenever I visit Orlando.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The lifts was pretty old and slow but that’s the only thing I can fault.

The breakfast is great, lots of choice and served until 10am. The room was a decent size and the 2 televisions were very handy when our son wanted to watch cartoons. Our beds were very comfortable and there were plenty of clean towels which are changed daily if required. The location is also good, very close to City Walk (an Uber cost $7) and walking distance to plenty of eateries. We stayed for 14 nights and would recommend these suites.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Time to get to the park in the shuttle (the shuttle left first from this hotel, so there were lots of other hotels to get to before getting to the park- on the other hand, the shuttle dropped off at this hotel first)

Happy hour, suites, friendly staff

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only complain I have is that they don’t have a variety of breakfast food.

I honestly can say this hotel was amazing; the staff is super friendly and the breakfast is really good. It offers a bus shuttle to all the Universal parks. The rooms are really spacious which was perfect because we’re a family of six.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is average with the hot dishes just prepared much is advance the eggs looked so unappetizing that I was afraid to just try them . Rest it was not bad they had fruit , you could mAke yourself some waffles so it was ok . We wanted to pay cash for our stay and even after informing them right after arriving they still charged our credit card for the whole stay . Rest of the times they were quite helpful .

the property is located next on idrive so easy to get around to many places , close to discount stores such as TJ max , Ross , etc and the outlet mall . Whole Foods is a short walk so not far too .

small fitness, small pool

Spacious room, good breakfast (two kinds changed every second day) and complimentary dinner, good WIFI, good parking, good location for theme parks and convention centre

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

dilapidated bathroom equipment receptionist refused to add my Hilton Honnors gold card to data of accomodation I have got final bill after additional requests only

Distance to Universal In general i like Hilton Space of room ticket office of Universal at the hotel

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Knives and forks were not replenished...the walk to the room was very long.

Very clean and comfortable..breakfast very good..staff excellent and friendly.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms had more space then I was expecting, and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of options. I traveled with 7 teenagers and they all found something they liked.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Good choice for breakfast, could have done with a bit more variety in the cooked section. Weekday evening social event is well worth going to . This was a nice surprise as we didn't know about it when we booked. Colin the barman in the tiki bar is a good character with local info and opinions.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Great, friendly staff. We had been given a room with one less bed than we booked and they quickly fixed the issue and gave us a new room. Thanks! The free breakfast was a great bonus.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Suites were adequate and clean but would have preferred ceramic flooring to carpet.

Free daily breakfast,great waffles, free evening reception and food(Monday to Thursday)location,the staff (all) were very friendly and accommodating .onsite laundry was helpful.pool was warm.proximity to universal and free food was the deal breaker amongst the competition.breakfast varied everyday which was nice.

Loved EVERYTHING!

I enjoyed the comfort of feeling like I was at home, but away from home. I loved the fact that my son was able to watch TV in the sitting room and we (the adults) could watch our own programs in the sleeping area. It's always an advantage when you have the option to book a suite instead of just a room. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Not to mention the check out time of 12 pm is a WINNER! The breakfast buffet had just the right amount of items available. I would definitely stay here the next time I visit Orlando!

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Small pool. Laundry always busy, they only have one washer and two dryers on 3rd floor and fifth floor. Should add more, there's too many people who needed it, was not enough machines

Location to universal was excellent very clean place. Able to buy park tickets at a great price at hotel onsite. Great selection for breakfast. Really great value for size of room.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Unable to sleep at night due to the very loud traffic on the highway - maybe the hotel should look into how to prevent or build a sound barrier around the windows -

Clean, roomy living area, and great distance for our needs to arrive to and from our point of interest. Liked being able to use the sister Hilton hotel restaurant. Had excellent food and service.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice if there was a bar on site!

Accommodations were very good! Clean, quiet and good location. The breakfasts were great and the happy hour good with almost a full meal every night. The only thing missing was a late night bar for a drink after our evening out

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was great except the black lady that worked Monday morning 8/7 she was very arrogant and lazy and not friendly at all 👎🏼 The rest of the staff were good👍I think this lady ruines the reputation of this hotel

Everything except the black lady that worked Monday morning 8/7 she was very arrogant and lazy and not friendly at all 👎🏼 The rest of the staff were good👍I think this lady ruines the reputation of this hotel

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was crowded, maybe if it were a little bigger wouldn't seem so crowded. It is a pretty big hotel with a small pool. The area around the pool is well decorated and great!

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

maybe the noise of the highway at nigh time. But the confort of the bed make me not to pay much attention.

We really enjoyed our stay!!! And my kids have a lot a fun at the pool !

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Staff didn't know about the bus service to / from the airport (Lynx route 42) which stops 2 mins from hotel. FREE Shuttle bus to Universal was available but getting back on an evening was hell! One bus was 25 mins late, then mayhem getting on, then not enough room for all those in the que. Universal staff in hotel shrugged their shoulders when it was reported! I hope there is a better service in busy season.

Great staff, very helpful. Nice big bedroom with 2 x double beds & sofabed in front room. Only 1 mile walk from Universal a small supermarket a very short walk away (Walgreens) Plenty of choice for breakfast At the quieter end of Idrive, but you can walk to plenty of food outlets

Leaving

"Leaving" The housekeeping were rude except for one young lady. She was the only one that asked if she could clean our room. For $1000+ it's not worth it. I won't be back to that motel.

• One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

While snacks were more than welcome...serving time was abit early for us with busy schedules at the parks.

Great staff...great value for money. Innovative evening snacks and drinks.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The layout of the room. You have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. If someone is sleeping on the sofa bed, they wake those in the bedroom. Also during the last mornings breakfast the manager had the employees together for a meeting. It was very unprofessional that we were able to hear his criticism and "do betters" for his team.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Universal buses do not run mid day

I've stayed there before and will stay again. Right next to Universal. Love having the bedroom separate from the living room and a full size kitchen. (And excellent hot breakfast in the morning). Love the little cabanas around the pool and outdoor grilling area.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect for me and my family. Love everything about this property. They also have a sister property right next door which was the Garden Inn. Beautiful from start to finish. The weather was really nasty our whole weekend, but that's Florida for you. We didn't let that stop our fun. The room was a nice size and very clean. All the staffs from the front desk house cleaning and restaurant was superior.Yes I would recommend my family and friends there for vacation.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The quality of the breakfast was probably not what I would expect for a Hilton backed property and for the price we paid for our stay. It was okay but no frills and very limited choice.

Staff were exceedingly friendly and always helpful and the room was comfortable and always left spotless by the housekeeping staff.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Location of hotel was good - easy access to both the red and green I-trolley however it is up the north end of I-drive and a bit away from all the shops and restaurants - can walk to them(footpath all the way) or use the I-trolley but nothing really outside door of hotel. Would have been nice to have a bar at the hotel for the evenings - there is one across the road at the Garden Inn but would have been great to have similar one at this hotel.

We loved the suite. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids and we had loads of room and spotlessly clean. The evening complementary food was also very useful after a day at the parks however there could be a bit more variety. The pool is small but adequate as we didn't spend a hugh amount of time there - perfect for after day at parks or for an hour or two relaxing before or after going to the parks. Overall, very good base.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No shuttle to Disney but that's understandable as they are a Universal partner hotel.

It was an amazing stay! Really comfy room, clean, nice facilities that made us feel like at home. Breakfast was good, lots to choose from. And they also provide free aperatif style dinner from monday to thursday. They have a shuttle to Universal and Seaworld. Easy to walk to Universal if you don't want to wait for shuttle.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice to know before arriving at the hotel, that you can get vouchers for all the activities nearby. Because the check-in time were a little late, we choose to go to Universal Studio's before arriving at the hotel and thus did not get the benefit of the vouchers.

Staff was friendly, breakfast was good with a lot of opportunities. The room was big with kitchen and living room. Very quiet during our stay. Even though the hotel has its own pool and spa, you are allowed to use the facilities from the neighbouring hotel (they close later and have a tiki bar).

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The shuttle to and from universal was slow with many stops. Took us 45 minutes to get to the parks. Shuttle didn't run late....so would have to take a taxi back to hotel

Loved the waffles for breakfast! Room very clean

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to wait a bit for someone to show up to get checked in, but it's because she was assisting someone outside that was handicapped. It was pretty late in the evening, so it made sense there weren't two staff members at the desk.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

With five adults, I would have preferred two bathrooms.

The very helpfull staff took care of our needs quickly and without argument. The security guy let us stay in the hottub past the closing hour. Considering the late close of Universal and transportation, we had very little time to soak in the hot tub. I will be back and I will recommend this to friends.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were not great but ok.

Breakfast and afternoon snacks were tasty and warm. Different food items every day... Staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean and very convenient location.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Shuttle took almost an hour to Universal Studios when it is about a mile away. Staff was not knowledgeable of anything transportation services for Disneyworld or other attractions, only Universal.

Close to Universal Studios

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

If they had an extra room for an extra night but they were booked

Everyone was so wonderful, we wanted to stay an extra night but they were booked. Overall great experience!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not have an issues with any of the things as far as what we used

Breakfast each morning was great Maid service was excellent, rooms always extremely well cleaned every day

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We kept having problems with our door key and had to get it reprogrammed numerous times. Our friends also had to get batteries changed in the door lock. This was all quite annoying, especially late at night!

A kettle would have been a bonus! Breakfast wasn't always super hot but was nice all the same.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Key card issues throughout stay Music started early in the morning around pool, waking us up. Difficult to get to Disney parks as no shuttle or bus service available Wastage high with plastic plates and cups.

Staff incredibly helpful and welcoming throughout Facilities good and very clean Room was very nice, spacious and well equipped Lovey breakfast and evening meals Great access to the universal parks

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Decor could be improved in the room. Entry pass for room would stop working and one had to keep going back down to sort out.

The bed was amazingly comfortable. Staff at reception was very helpful. Location very convenient for universal studios and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Noise from the pool was very disturbing in the night, toilet was a bit unclean but when we informed they immediately cleaned it

Spacious room with great kitchenette, fantastic breakfast buffet every morning

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been better

The hotel is situated near to universal studios and international drive.The rooms are very clean and the staff are polite and very helpful. Free parking and free WiFi

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was smaller than it looked on the website.

The staff were very friendly. We enjoyed being able to have the choice of two pools. Great restaurants nearby. We walked back from Universal.

• One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room smelled of cigarette smoke

Comfortable bed , close to universal. Nice breakfast, nice pool

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast and shuttles to universal studios

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location, great breakfast buffet included. Clean, large rooms. We fit 6 people (4 kids) comfortably.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Hair all over bed, pillows, and furniture, and towels. Never felt completely comfortable

Friendly Staff

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Shuttle bus needs to run more to universal

Breakfast was great . Friendly staff

The pillows

Staff was so helpful

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The pool could be better, but overall everything was great!

The beds are very comfortable. The staff was amazing

All good

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

Staff all good, location good, rooms were clean and comfy.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Awesome from the start! Friendly welcoming staff! Comfiest beds!

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location, making a long day a little easier to start and end. Evening light meal is perfect to unwind.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have liked more washers and dryers and a change machine

Hot tub and pool

Very nice hotel. Close to everything. Clean

Good pool

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff very friendly,great location.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Good size for big family

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not good at all

Everything was great

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location. The room was very clean. Staff was excellent. Breakfast was great. The pool was very very clean.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Kindness of all staff. I will always come back

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff was Awesome.