Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport 3 stars

1520 Sunport Place Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA

#57 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

• Queen Suite with Boardroom

Probably just the breakfast. The quality wasn't on the level I expected, but it was passable. We'll consider going out for breakfast next time we head over to Albuquerque.

We were surprised by the conference room that our reservation came with. Totally unnecessary, but it was a great surprise that we welcomed. I also love how the suite had complete set of amenities: kitchen, bathroom, conference, etc. I would love to go back here again.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

After reading some previous reviews, I am betting we were put in to one of the older suites...we saw no evidence of renovation.The hotel definitely needed work once past the lobby My issue is I really dislike poorly designed bathrooms. Sink area lacking in usable space. The ‘shower’ was tub size, large, but low barrier . It took me a few seconds to figure out that the full length shower door swung open rather than slide. Swinging open meant that it banged into the main door if left ajar, banged into the toilet if opened wide, and as it swept across the floor it pushed the floor mat away so when you stepped out there was nothing to step on. The floor was slippery so not safe. Towels were not within reach unless you stepped on the slippery floor. There were old style ceramic places to put maybe a bar of soap or bottle but all items pretty much had to be put on the floor. (Neutrogena brand products was a plus) My biggest issue is always when there is no place to put ones foot for shaving. Designed by men. Water pressure was adequate, not great. Breakfast area was very busy with 1 person that I saw trying to keep all stations going. Oatmeal was luke warm at best. The brown sugar was empty except for a huge chunk and I mentioned it but was not brought more. I had to ask for some white sugar for herb tea as I couldn’t find it, it was handed to me, but then it was empty so I had to ask for it to be filled. The omelet, potato patty, bacon was ok, but not hot. There was a waffle machine with lots of people waiting and the standard carb items. The layout was weird…I circled about 4 times trying to find something that should have been by something else. Hubby had to ask for a plate as they were out. Chaos. Better than CBF or none at all for sure.

Finding the hotel was very easy, Parking was adequate, The building looks nice, and although it is by the airport, I never heard a plane. Check in was fast and easy. Room was fine, comfortable. Quiet. Bed is really comfortable. I carry clothes pins in my bag for curtains that don’t close, and used them. (curtains were pretty dirty) Appreciated the yogurt, granola, and blueberries.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

We always book this Hotel when flying into Albequerque, NM which has been numerous times over the last 8 years and it has always been clean, very roomy and comfortable. The complementary Breakfast is always nice too. The Staff is always friendly and helpful. It is close to numerous restaurants and easy access to major highways and the airport. Well lit. It is our go to Hotel upon arrival for a night before heading to Pagosa Springs, CO and upon returning for our flight home in Florida.

• Two Queen Suite Roll In Shower - Non Smoking

No parking. Very limited for such a large hotel. Our room was right next to the exit, the door would slam shut. Maybe upgrade those doors to a easy or quiet shut type of door. It sounded like someone was coming into our room everytime.

Right off the freeway. Very good access.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms were awesome. It was like staying in a mini apartment actually not a mini apartment a regular sized one bedroom apartment with two full sized beds in one room. It has a full kitchen with a full size refrigerator as well as a sink with garbage disposal, a dishwasher, dishes, pots and pans, a eating table as well as a comfortable chair and sleeper sofa. This room was so nice and inviting it felt like a home away from home. I would DEFINATELY recommend this place to anyone traveling through looking for a nice comfortable home-like place to stay.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

That they didn't let us know they would be working on lobby area. No vending machines @ all they need to remove the signs saying they have some.

Loved this place

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We loved everything during our stay.. Hotel was wonderful

The place was very clean!super spacious 2 bedrooms/2 baths suite. Breakfast was delicious.they are currently remodeling hotel..pictures are outdated.

The breakfast was worthless , rubber eggs , burnt bacon , and the staff was rude . We added one night to our stay after we booked the room , all the nights went up 15.00 a night . This hotel is also very noisy . Doors slamming down the hallway , walls must be very thin , you can hear people talking next door.

Not much , room was big enough.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The hallway on our floor was really hot. I was worried that the air conditioning would be out, but it was nice and cool in the room.

It was clean, comfortable and in an easily accessible location. My kids loved the pool and the breakfast.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The cooler in the bedroom area was not very cool. There was a ceiling fan that made it cool enough to sleep.

Room was very comfortable. The 2 room suite concept is great. Allows for rest while others are watching tv on other room. Very clean room. The hotel is in process of upgrades but this did not affect us negatively.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The pool was pretty dirty.

At first, we were in a room with a broken A/C. I asked the young man at the desk to look into fixing it. He actually walked up with me and my kids. Tried to repair it but couldn't. We were in a new room with perfect A/C within 45 minutes. And the breakfast bar was pretty great!

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast poorly maintained. Lack of utensils, poorly stocked food, cold food, basketball court next to room too loud!

Beds were comfortable. Check in easy.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Room reeked of some kind of cleaning product or air freshener, that I was allergic to. We have stayed here before and never had this problem. We worried that someone really sick had been in the room before us.

Big room, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The tv in bedroom didn't work properly. Not enough hair conditioner for someone with very long hair Bathroom could have neen cleaner; more sanitary.

The pillows made the bed very comfy, and the closeness to the airport convenient. Nice kitchen setup.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast staff were not as friendly. When we went down to eat breakfast many of the items were completely empty and when asked to refill them they were some unhappy faces.

The queen suite was very accommodating for our family. We thought the entire room with kitchenette was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Two Queen Suite Roll In Shower - Non Smoking

Air conditioner battled with television, noisy.

Great suite and breakfast and dinner were Included; and both were very satisfactory. Love not being gouged by a hotel chain like in other cities. Very good value for the money.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Hotel did not have my reservation when I arrived.. Was told hotel would honor my value price thru booking.. I got charged full amount. Plus got put in a conference room for an hour until a room was cleaned..

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed for maitenance

Rooms

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

It was hard to find (entering) from the freeway.

It was in a good part of town.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff always had a friendly smile.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Clean, well appointed, great sheets, friendly, great price.

Food quality low.

You have breakfast available.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Very nice rooms, if I were going to stay for a week, would love having the kitchen. We only stayed one night. Very comfortable rooms.

Too hot

Eggs flat

Beds comfy

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Da construction they doing.

Breakfast Buffet great.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Are room was not cleaned daily and also room smelled like smoke when we first checked in.

We liked the breakfast it was okay

Breakfast was cold

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Asked to have our beds changed, due to dirty blankets. They were not changed.

• Two Queen bed Suite Non-Smoking

N/s

Rooms were great, beds very comfy!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Hot foods were not that great.

Spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Staff was friendly. The food in the evening was delicious, I was so happy I didn't have to go out.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could use some help

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Very modern and clean...photos online are outdated. Rooms are very cool in real life! Loved the hotel!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

The morning front desk attendant left the desk uncovered to help someone and no one took her place. I waited 15 minutes to check-out and there were 4 others waiting when I left.

the room and convenience

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Reservation was lost. In long negotiations with booking (Handled expertly by Sybil at booking) resulted in a final bill higher than agreed. But in the end we had better rooms than we had reserved. Breakfast food was often lukewarm even from the heated servers and the front desk in the morning during breakfast was not manned at times, no answer on the phone, no one at the desk.

Location, convenient to airport. Free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

It was cold outside & the side of the bed on the window side was freezing. You could stand by the window & feel the draft come in. It's supposed to be a new facility right??? Cheap construction! I also heard people talking pretty loud in the middle of the night...and it didn't come from the hallway!

convenient

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Location right next to airport can make it confusing to get there. Air conditioning was a little stuffy at times. Only goes to 70, felt warmer.

Great place for the price.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

Check in was a fiasco. The reservation was for two rooms and they only had one. Didn't know if it was smoking or not, wasn't sure of the rate, or how many nights.

Quiet, comfortable room and good breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

The only thing was the grills needed cleaning.

It was convientiely located to everything we had planned. The basketball rim and the pool were a hit. The grills in the patio are really convenient.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

Bathroom was a bit small.

A very well organized kitchen with real dishes, 2 burner stove, full fridge and fisher. Super comfy bed and furniture to sit on! Woohoo. Breakfast was the best we've had in 10 days of traveling.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

I have stayed on several occasions when I have a flight in or out of Albuquerque. The hotel staff is always friendly, suites are large and quiet. Bed & bedding are soft and comfortable and I always sleep really well here. Breakfast is a good selection.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2015

I did not like the shower head and the beds could have been a tad more soft for my liking.

i love that the beds are in separate rooms from the living area. Gave spouse a chance to watch TV after I fell asleep.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

I don't really have any complaints.

I thought it was a very good value for the price.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

refrigerator making a lot of noise. couch could be cleaner.

pillows nice, two rooms.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2016

spacious suite, comfortable bedding and desk, wifi worked

• Reviewed: 25 January 2016

SOME OF THE FOOD IS BELOW AVERAGE

SIZE OF THE SUITES

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

Loved the convenience and the cleanliness of the property. Great and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

The room was beautiful and extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

friendly service

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

charge extra.......

There are also 20 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.