Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Uptown 3 stars

7101 Arvada Avenue Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87110, USA

#30 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

One problem I believe that the Van service to the airport should only charge 12.00 per family not 12.00 each - we were only two people and 24.00 is to expensive

First of all I travel all over the world and this staff exceeded beyond my thought pattern - Excellent Wonderful - wonderful stay

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The only concern we had was the breakfast food was not kept warm enough however the offerings were great and the staff serving were again very helpful.

So the hotel was excellent noting the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The room we had was in a perfect location in regards to traveling with family. The pool and grounds are kept very well.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The layout of the building is a little strange, we got turned around a couple of times but otherwise we LOVED staying there!

The mattress was amazingly comfortable! The kitchen was the perfect size for bringing home leftovers (from all the great local restaurants), keeping snacks and basics and was in great working order! The bathroom and bedroom were both elegant and comfortable! The provided linens for the pull out bed were great too! Enough space to entertain people but not too big! Housekeeping was great and even put our dishes we used in the dishwasher!!! The breakfast was AMAZING! They offered the typical continental faire but also had one great hot option every morning: biscuits and gravy, quiche and breakfast burritos are what we indulged in!

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I could not use my key card on exterior doors in spite of having the front t desk rekey it. This meant walking around to enter through the front door. Also the side doors were where the handicap entrance was located, so I don't know how a handicap person could get in.

It was quiet, clean and room was spacious.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Booking.com only stated a pet fee may apply. We were presented with a $100 charge for traveling with our Yorkie. Outrageous! The most I've ever paid was $30. That's an item of interest that should show up on Booking.com rather than the guest having to search the hotel site for minute details. Also my special requests did not come through from Booking.com where they could see them on their computer. Had to wait for the linens to be changed that I had requested be switched because of my feather allergies. Of course the hotel won't assume any responsibility because we booked through Booking.com (third party). This is our second trip booked through this site where the hotel could not see the special requests. Book here because of the sale prices but frankly, no longer worth the hassle at checkin and the extra expense concerning the dog.

Having the kitchen appliances and the multi-room suite.

• King Suite - Disability Access - Non -Smoking

Love the location and the kitchen and extra room. We have a daughter w special needs so we need the fridge, stove, wheelchair accessibility, etc. perfect for us!

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Weekend getaway with my husband was excellent here! I will recommend this hotel to everyone! The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful especially the young lady in the afternoon. The property was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was better than most. Location is very convenient and centrally located. The suites are very roomy and have full sized appliances in the kitchen area. The pool area was very nice also. All for an affordable price.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Excellent staff, good breakfast (although the taco's would have been better with warm soft tortillas rather than cold, crispy shells), very nice pool setup.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

No towel rod in the bathroom vanity. No lotion. At bedtime opened sofa bed and discovered it wasn't made up. This meant a 15 minute wait for sheets to be delivered to the room which we had to put on the bed.

The bed was comfortable. Nicely furnished. The hand towel made into the shape of a swan and the wash cloth made into the shape of a duckling were very cute.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We noticed that there were no Gluten Free options at the breakfast, except Frosted Flakes cereal.

We liked everything except the fact that there were no Gluten Free options at breakfast, except Frosted Flakes cereal.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The night manager was extremely rude and unprofessional in every manner. Our rooms Airconditioning was broken and it was over 100's out side. I was traveling with my children by myself and she wanted to have us go to seperate rooms that weren't even connecting, they were actually down the hall for each other. When I said that was not an opotion she said she would note that she offered to fix our situation and we declined. So rude!

I likes the morning manager who was extremely professional and accommodating to our situation.

• King Suite - Disability Access - Non -Smoking

The room was dirty and the window did not seem to work when we tried to open it. The business area was out of service. The whole place seemed to be a little dirty. The room had good size; but again...dirty. Someone should really check the vents!! The breakfast was empty and staff picking up 20 mins before it ended. The staff seemed nice and willing to help. It served the purpose of passing through the area; but not what I expected from a Hilton property. I would never stay again. Better value somewhere else.

It was close to shopping

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Toilet was clogged. Told front desk we were leaving for several hours and they could come in and work on it while we were gone. They never came by so we had to tell the front desk again and had to be in the room while they worked on it.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Ventilation, air flow and air quality. Staff was dishonest. Said the hotel was full and couldn't give is anything but a handicapped room. Hotel was NOT full!

Location and room

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Although I traveled alone on my recent trip, I wanted to give the Homewood Suites a try because of the good deal I got online. The size of the King bedroom suite looks to be adequate for a family of 3-4; they also have 2 bedroom suites for a bigger size family. I liked that it had a kitchenette with a full sized fridge, stove, dishwasher and sink. Also liked the separate tv area w pullout couch. The decor was nice and modern, looks like they recently updated. The best thing was the staff. They were very friendly and courteous, and went above what was expected of them. They have a breakfast buffet which was very nice/ but I came down a little late and they were already putting food away... Stephanie saw me eyeing the empty waffle station and brought the waffle batter out and made me a hot waffle. She even left out all the toppings and syrups so I could finish topping off my waffle. Maria from the Housekeeping staff cleaned my room later than they normally do, because I was "working" in my room til the afternoon. I went out for a couple of hours and my room was clean when I came back. They also have free shuttle to the airport and anywhere within a 3 mile radius. That saved me Uber money! I stayed at the Uptown location in Albuquerque where the hotel was in close proximity to shopping, restaurants and not too far from the airport. I could walk to shops, Starbucks, and multiple restaurants. I originally made my reservation for 1 night but stayed the next night also-- very happy with the decision. I got a deal online and the price of this suite was comparable to a non-suite bedroom at another 3-4 star hotel. Definitely got more for my buck! Will definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevator was broken and we were on the sixth floor.

The suite was huge and the bedding very nice. It was super close to Uptown Square and a hospital where I had early morning surgery.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Well breakfast choices could have been better..but I am pretty picky

Great location and great staff..the staff could not have been any more helpful..and informative

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The outside of the building was being painted. This was not disclosed before arrival. All of the windows were covered with plastic and impossible to see out of. The painters covered my vehicle in overspray. THE FRONT DESK EMPLOYEE PROMISED TO PAY FOR THE REPAIRS TO MY VEHICLE, BUT TO DATE, THE MANAGEMENT HAS NOT EVEN RETURNED MY PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS. There was food on top of the refrigerator that was not cleaned up in the two days we stayed here. The refrigerator door was hung so that you couldn't get in with the door open, you had to reach OVER the door to get food out. The bathroom sink area (detached from the shower/toilet area) had no towel rack, so the towel just laid on the counter top. The base of the sink was falling apart underneath. All in all, not a good showing. We will be seeking a different hotel on our next trip to Albuquerque.

The location was great. That's where it ends.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Minimum facilities in kitchenette - so it was really hard to actually use it to self-cater. Very small apartment for 5, Only table seating for 2-3. I requested more kitchen settings - and staff tried to be helpful - bringing up plastic cutlery...

Pool and breakfast were good (great waffles). Apartment looked plush and was clean. There was a fitness suite, albeit small.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved the fact that the room had the kitchenette with full fridge and separate living room and bedroom. Walking distance to late dinner at melting pot. Staff was genuine and respectful. Wonderful stay.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room cleanliness need to attention. There was a large clump of hair that was stuck to the wall above the bathroom vanity mirror upon check in and was never removed the entire week I was there. I had cockroaches in the room 3 out of the 4 mornings I woke up. Most of the bugs were in the bathroom, but 1 was in the bedroom next to the TV.

Location to ABQ Uptown and convenience to freeways was great.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect, will definitely be our go to hotel!

Very kid friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable. We are a family of 5, the youngest is 2 months old, the room was perfect for us. Had all the amenities of home. Breakfast was great, and the staff was super friendly!

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

This place is a nice modern hotel. I had a small issue with the billing and the general manager went above and beyond to make sure everything was correct. The included meals were well prepared and presented. My family will be returning to stay here.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Keys were not ready. Got Stuck in Elevator and staff acted like that happens all the time. Breakfast was terrible except for one morning. Cock Roaches in Hotel.

Air conditioner worked

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Furniture was very office like, uncomfortable to lounge in. Fire alarm went off twice for lengthy periods for no particular reason. Pool water was quite cold. No cork screw/wine opener in room. Ice machine out of service on 6th floor. No vending machines. No "General Store" in lobby for essentials. Cable TV was archaic, with weak program guide and limited channels.

Location. Price.

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Booking was reserved for one room, two bed. Only got a 1room 1bed.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Better price but not bad at all

Good Breakfast, Nice place overall

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

It has a really good location close to a lot of stores and the laundry facilities were clean

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The area it’s located in was very congested. Traffic was horrible. Close by restaurants were a little pricey.

Extremely well kept. Very comfortable.

staff especially "kally" rude

Pool not open.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was the best. Couldn't ask for better.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything could have been better.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a towel hanging in the restroom

Everything was ok

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

My room didn't have a few kitchen items I needed

Clean, great breakfast

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

comfotable bed and clean room

Bed was uncomfortable

Nice room with amenities

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was close to all the shopping I could have asked for

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The stay was great...comfortable!

Very comfortable !

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The all staff took pride in what they did to keep hotel running. Beautiful outdoor shopping and eating plaza across the street.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Needs bed and bedspreads like Hamptons!

We thought the food was awful.

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

We thought everything was just great especially the location.

Very Slow elevator

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Was charged on debit card when I specified that I was paying cash the next morning

Great roomy suite breakfast was excellent staff was friendly

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was a good size and the bed was comfy.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevator is a little sketchy.

Best Bed ever. Extra blankets were extra soft. Plenty of space

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Food needed to be hotter.

Food was good and had a great variety to choose from.

Fabulous breakfast!!!

No hot tub

Modern and smoke free

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The everyday cleaning of the room

The room size and the breakfast

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Breakfast was always gone

Clean pool, friendly staff, clean rooms

• King Suite - Disability Access - Non -Smoking

i was charged for smoking when i dont even smoke

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Poor maid service and mediocre front desk staff

Location to function I attended

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

THE BED WAS REALLY COMFORTABLE AND BREAKFAST WAS AWSUME!!!!!! THE STAFF WAS GREAT.......

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Elevator has weird sounds.pretty scared

Pretty good location near the uptown

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

the property was not very clean, pool was closed, room was basic

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Horrible breakfast. They couldn't keep up. No coffee, no bacon dry eggs.

Nice room

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was unable to provide what booking.com sold us, and the GM was combative, and lacked interpersonal skills

Great uptown location

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The suite layout provides lots of room and feels more homey compared to typical hotel rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Did not have a list of local restaurants.

Location. Walking distance to lots of things.

• King Suite - Disability Access - Non -Smoking

Hallway carpets were pretty dirty and walls could be painted.

Nice big suite and large bathroom. also had a kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Property is beginning to look dated....Could use an update...

Cost was perfect...Location and very nice staff.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Everything was great

Excellent location; very clean; very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Nothing. Great.

Love the variety.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

See above

Extremely in convenient due to remodeling. Staff failed to give guest directions to front desk from room. Guest roamed around the LL trying to find way to desk without going outside at night. New curtains were to be hung in room but people installing didn't show up the first morning and we had rearranged plans. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Construction but you really can't change upgrading..my biggest dislike was the shower head needed a new one made showering horrible.

The bed was comfy...pillows too.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

The area around the hotel despite being very nice has a homeless population that we did not care for even with security every were I still was worried our car would get broken into or that we might get robbed while outside the room

Huge room very spacious nice king sized bed large bathroom The kitchen was a surprise and two flat screen televisions and basically a living room it was more like an apartment than a hotel room!

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Construction was on the first floor so saw everything. Noise and dirty. King bed mattress was used up.let front staff know,said is thats what we have. Dog barking all night and morning when people walking by room. Which was the dog was across the hall from us.

Pool area is nice to just be with family.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2016

decor was outdated. the tissues in the tissue box looked like they had been wet, crumpled, and stuffed back into the box. Ew..w...w (humidity in the bathroom or ???) Remodeling may be in progress in some rooms(?)

location and staff were excellent. we could walk to ABQ Uptown, and nightlife, across the street

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

The air conditioner did not work. The maintenance man came, fixed it. Within 30 mins. it was out again. He had to come back and replace a part. It was better, but it still registered 78degrees when I had it set on 73 degrees.

The breakfast was excellent. A wide selection to choose from. I was impressed with the selection of fresh blueberries and blackberries that were offered.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2016

Only wish different types of eateries were within walking distance. Also it was difficult to find at night.

Got a good night sleep in a comfortable bed with great pillows

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

Maybe few more choices for breakfast

Enough linens for family size as booked. Fold out couch was easy to use. Dishes and blankets were easy to find. No noise heard from other rooms, very quiet.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

Breakfast only marginal. Magnetic keys were inferior, often did not work in room or outside doors. Needed to get new keys three times in four days!

Room and cleaning staff.

There are also 37 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.