Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport 3 stars

2770 Yorkmont Road, Charlotte, NC 28208, USA

#73 of 138 hotels in Charlotte

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

They were short staffed and when u asked for towels,trash bags and for the room to be cleaned it never got done...same towels and trash all weekend

Clean location

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The floors in my sink and bathroom are were sticky they sent Simone twice but they were still sticky. The workout center smelled. The pool area was not able to sit out there it was not cleaned. I still have not gotten reimbursed for the extra reservation that was charged to my card. The people at front desk were very friendly. As A Hilton Honors member I thought I would have at least gotten a bottle of water.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I wish check out was a little bit later Bc i had an evening flight.

It was a home away from home. The staff was so nice. I loved it & will always stay at this particular location every time i come to Charlotte. One of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed at.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

There was old toothpaste in the sink, mold in the bathroom tub and the breakfast food was not very good.

Close to the freeway, friendly front desk and good correspondence via text and email.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

There is no on site restaurant.

Convenient location to the airport with free shuttle service to and from the airport. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room smelled a little like smoke. Housekeeper came in and sprayed a deodorizer and after turning on the air conditioner and getting some circulation in the room it was okay. Staff offered to get us s new room; which was appreciated, but not necessary. Loved the ceiling fan in the bedroom.

Breakfast was delicious, great assortment of food. The lady that was in charge of breakfast was excellent!

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The only complaint was one of the TV remotes did not work. I'm sure if I had called the desk they would have sent up some new batteries.

The beds were really comfortable and it was great having a larger refrigerator.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I stayed around 13 days. They pre authotrised 2 times more than they have to be and did not solved it untill check out. They blocked my credit cards. Be carefull on the check in.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

You could tell the room wasn't cleaned well since there was an earring on the running table and dirty stuck on food on 40% of all the dishes in the room. The earring told me the table wasn't wiped down so I begin to wonder about the rest of the room. Plus I have little ones that put every thing in there mouths. Plus side I was able to use the grill outside

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Have salsa available at breakfast each day. On our second day of our stay the cook could not locate the salsa that a different cook made available on the first day. I suspect it is a training issue and not an availability problem. The cook on the first day of our stay was absolutely "first-class" and did an outstanding job attending to travelers. I am embarrassed to say I can not remember her name. She was an African American lady who represented the hotel at the highest degree of quality.

After reading some of the past customer comments I was somewhat reticent about staying at this hotel. I can only say that I would rate my stay as outstanding and it met all of my needs as a traveler. The breakfast down in the lobby area was fresh and well prepared. The assortment of foods was a variety of waffles, pancakes, cereal, fresh fruits, yogurt, toast, bagels, scrambled eggs and sausages. Which is contrary to some comments from other customers. The front desk receptionist Shenae was friendly and very attentive. I made a repair request on the second day of my stay and she followed up and made sure it was fixed adequately on the same day. She was always pleasant and acted as responsibly as a facility manager. The room was clean and well appointed.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Black mold in ceiling of room 245. Vinyl floor in kitchen was sticky and not mopped well. Bathroom tub drain clogged and water pressure bad. Front desk did not ask if I was a rewards member or offer to add points.

Comfy bed.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Stovetop only had 2 spots to cook on instead of 4.... maybe it was just the room size I chose but I cook everytime I stay at Homewood suites and a bigger stovetop would be very beneficial

Bed was really comfortable and the room was very clean..there was even new dining utensils in the kitchen. It was spacious and the hotel is nice and quiet

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was terrible and our room didn't get cleaned the whole entire stay we had some Maintainence issues which were corrected right away not exactly good location

Was close to downtown area.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was the worse...lol Corn beef hash... really? The cook and hostess were horrible didn't want to make more waffle mix...smh along with a nasty attitude! Turned the lights out 10 even though guest were still trying to get last minute fixings for breakfast... Food found in the room fridge that made me question if my room and sheets were actually clean! Lastly the AC broke after getting back to my room after a horrible breakfast and rushing to take a shower before checkout while having to take breaks to stay cool.

The front desk staff was amazing (Ebony & Royalie/Chicken girl) even though it took a while to check in they kept a smile on my face...

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool area was nice. The actual pool not so much. It could use some updating.

The Breakfast was great every morning! I like that there's a door that seperates the bedroom from the living/dining area. For me Privacy from the kids is always a plus when staying at a hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

On booking.com it was written that the credit card being used was to "hold" the room only, it would not be charged! WRONG!!! The card was charged, and we were told that the staff could not reverse anything because it was booked through a 3rd party. CAUTION !!! Not a stated online!

Everything was great, room, staff, location, evening happy hour & breakfast! We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I had to order dinner out. I thought they would provide dinner. Also, the shuttle bus was very late in getting to the airport. I had to call twice to get it.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The hotel had in its computer system a note that the guest listed would arrive between 12:00 AM and 1:00 AM. The guest actually arrived a little after 1:00 AM and she was told that there was no room available. In fact, the clerk with whom she spoke did not even find her name or my name (the one who made the reservation). The clerk also gave inaccurate information about the booking agency-saying that they had never sent any information about the reservation to the hotel. In fact, as I wrote above, the hotel had all the information, including not only my name but my credit card number on its computer system. I was able to get a full refund from the Hilton main office, so my complaint is about the clerk at the Hotel.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was top notch.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

My stay was short, but great.

Awesome great value for the m oney

Breakfast...

Location was perfect!

I loved the room

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Can't say anything was wrong

The property was great and my fam and I will be returning soon.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maybe little bigger trash cans but I like the fact they had recycling bins the room.

EVERYTHING! !!

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Clean and meant my expectations

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was was clean and spacious

Pet fee of $100 for one night is too high and not stated clearly before booking

Clean, nice. Friendly staff in the morning

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The heater was a little too noisy.

The staff was wonderful. Loved the room suite.

No complaints

Nice clean rooms and friendly staff

The place was dirty. One staff was very Rude

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Cleaniess of the room

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

My price was 190.00 but when I got home to check my card they had charged 215.00. I don't know why

Spacious room and great breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Excelent room

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Smaller then expected !

The bed was very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite with One King Bed and Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was not ready as promised.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

everything

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

N/a

Everything was great

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Stay was terrible. Elevator- out of order Bed crumbs in bed Pillow cases had mold

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

No complaints

The room was very nice and more than expected for price...

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was quiet and very clean

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Very close to airport. You don't hear the planes. Free light dinner M-Th with beer and wine. Full breakfast. Room was excellent - clean, comfortable and the staff was really helpful. Check in and out was fast and friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

not their fault, but nowhere walking distance open to buy food. You can get all the standard cooked meals delivered by fast food chains but that's not good if you're health conscious. I should have bought shopping before arriving late and tired.

Too rushed for breakfast. This place was clean, efficient and did exactly what we expected.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

The breakfast wasn't that great and waited until around 1:00 PM for housekeeping to show and they never showed. Just asked for fresh towels and bags. Also carpet near elevator was very dirty.

Check in clerk was very accommodating and pleasant

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

The rooms were nice and clean. They made me felt as if I were in my own home... Love, love, love this place! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.. I enjoyed myself.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Called housekeeping several times to get batteries changed in remote control for TV. Took hours for someone to come to the room. Issac at front desk is not very friendly- felt like we were bothering him with a question. Did not smile at all. When we checked in girl told us rates had gone up for the weekend. When we booked we got rate for stay with no indication of rate change- this should not happen. She needs further training!

The size of room was nice- lots of room for two people.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

We were there only 2 nights. First night when we came back from dinner fire trucks were there and they could not turn off alarm. I don't know how long it was going off before we got there but it went on for at least an hour or more. Everyone of course was outside. There was no fire, but the alarm was so loud we couldnt go into the hotel. The next night, 4:00 in the morning alarm went off again. F.D. came but there was no fire and they again could not turn the alarm off for over an hour. We got our stuff together, percevering the deafing sound of the alarm and left at about 5:30, with the alarm still sounding. I think we should at least get one of our 2 nights free. Also your coffee was terrible. Too weak, couldn't tell what it was

room pool area Beautiful setting Suite was very nice

• Reviewed: 9 May 2015

The pull out had popcorn all in it and on the floor, when I called the front desk the person that arrived expected me to change the beds because he said that it wasn't his job. The pool was disgusting, it should be drained during of season.

The comfort of the bed, abd the separation of the room and sittting area.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

it was super easy to find . In a nice quite area and the free breakfast was a plus ! The staff was all nice and the room was clean alongside the rest of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2015

The ice maker didn't make any ice my only problem but wasn't a big deal

The room was beautiful the set up was classy the people were friendly we plan on going back soon

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Noise level from airport

Great location for the airport Good natured staff very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

The room was spacious and the bed was perfect.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

There is almost no option to eat

Suites are very comfortable and fully equipt

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Breakfast could have lasted till 11am.

The service was impeccable.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Could have used a balcony

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

Close to airport, away from everywhere, too expensive for this location.

Some days good breakfast, comfortable beds, Kitchen

• Reviewed: 26 December 2015

Everthing

• Reviewed: 27 November 2015

Only one elevator

Impressed with the room

• Reviewed: 18 November 2015

Very small living area

Great staff. Great price.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

Spacious room and great breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

Complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa 24/7. Breakfast included. Spacious room with vanity outside of bathroom.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

shuttle bus from airport stops at 11 PM, but this is not listed anywhere.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Wonderfully accommodating staff! Front the front desk clerk with the British accent to the bright eyed smiling breakfast staff

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Clean rooms, comfortable bed, and nice staff

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Housekeeping knocking on the door at 9 am and 9:40 am.m

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

The overall comfort and the quiet, at least while we were there. Also dinner was excellent and the restaurant service very friendly and good.

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.