Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs-North 3 stars

9130 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA

#58 of 94 hotels in Colorado Springs

Great place to stay!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff at desk were wonderful! Enjoyed the evening food and wine and had a great breakfast! We also liked the room- like having a sitting area and kitchen.

the gym is really small with few machines and fills up too quickly
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

where is my hotel receipt? I did not get one on the phone or in the email and hotel could not provide me one with a room charge. I cannot use booking.com if I do not get emailed receipts

Awful.
    • Queen Suite Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The toilet didn't work, the bathroom door didn't lock and when this was reported, the staff was unfriendly. I fixed everything but we had to tell the manager because the staff members did not. There was food in the couch and sheets. We ordered queen beds and slept in double beds. Booking.com charged us one week before arriving.

Breakfast was good.

Nice people, poorly trained.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was sorely undertrained and there was a lack of communication. The cleaning staff was nice but inconsistent - we were 6 in the room and I had to ask for more towels every, single day. The laundry facility was quite dirty and all four washers were full of mold. I’ve been in other properties washing my clothes, and that was the first time I had seen and SMELLED such a disgusting site. They charged my credit card without informing me. When I asked, they said it was their policy to charge the credit card on file once the bill reached $1,000. No one informed us of this! They cancelled the transaction, but that didn’t help my card being blocked for the next few days. Then, the day before leaving, I Informed the front desk that we would be using a different credit card to check out the next day and to NOT charge the credit card on file. The nice gentleman behind the counter smiled and said “no problem.” Well, PROBLEM. My father-in-law went the next morning to pay for both his room and ours and surprise! both rooms had already been charged to my credit card, which was the one on file - the one I told them not to charge the day before! What a headache! I had overlooked the cleaning issue, no extra towels, MOLD, etc. but when you mess with my money, that cannot be overlooked. I spoke with the manager on site and explained to her all of the smaller and larger issues we had had over the course of our one-week stay and she didn’t apologize but she did say “what can we do?” WELL it’s not what you can do is what you should have done...The credit card issue was resolved, but again, a big headache and lack of communication and competence.

The staff was friendly. The evening socials were nice if you wanted a light dinner.

Not out first pick Hilton property. Look for Home2 Suites instead!
    • Queen Suite Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The cleaning staff was nice but very inconsistent. We had to ask for enough towels for our family of 6 every day of our week-long stay. Cleanliness was bare minimum, not to mention the mold in all of the clothes washing machines. They charged my credit card twice without telling me, along with many other "small" confusions that just made for one big inconvenience. Management didn't seem to care much about my complaints.

The location was excellent. The evening social was sometimes tasty.

One of the ladies at the front desk was very kind.
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Manager was rude and hateful. They charged my credit card twice for over $500 each charge. When I called the Manager refused to give last name and was rude until I said I would never stay there again if they didn't put that money back into my bank account. He gave me the Area Manager's name and told me to call back the next day and risky hung up on me. Will never stay at that hotel again.

One of the ladies at the front desk was very kind.

I liked the way OnStar was able to tell me the location of...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We also have the Hilton Honors app and was surprised to see the room about $17 less on the app than the Priceline cost that she quoted us.

I liked the way OnStar was able to tell me the location of the hotel in relation to the highway we would be traveling out on the next day. She was able to look at a map and pick a hotel, in the category we liked, right by restaurants and the highway.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Excellent hotel & excellent service!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Excellent service, friendly staff, evening free food, coffee all day at reception, efficient coffee makers in the rooms, the huge size of the rooms & the free shuttle to local shopping malls!

They are not to I paid more than what I expect and the day...
    • Queen Suite Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They are not to I paid more than what I expect and the day or not to paying to rate which is in booking.com

clean and quiet
    • Queen Suite Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bathroom tile and kitchen could use updating. The tile was cracked and coming off of floor.

clean and quiet

Great hotel to stay! We will stay there again on our next visit to Colorado Springs.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Love the hotel! The location is great, the bed is comfortable and the room is clean. Awesome breakfast too!

Loved it!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Couldn't get a receipt for my stay. They clerk said they don't print out our bill.

Really nice hotel. Room are nice and big.

Price too high

not happy

cleanness and comfort

locations of the hotel

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

Convenient location, close to restaurants, shopping, and...

The desk staff were less than helpful, could not get a receipt and would not tell us what we were being charged. Referred it to Booking.com

Convenient location, close to restaurants, shopping, and right off I-25 highway.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly.

The cost was really high for what we actually received. We did have to change our days there so the last minute change sky rocketed the price. Not much can be done fpr that but fpr what we paid The wifi was not great. The data service on my cell was better than what the hotel had to offer. I ran my husband's laptop and my tablet off of our phones instead. Also the hotel hall carpet needs replaced. It is bunched in places and torn in others.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was good. Everyday it was something different, which was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

The bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was poor quality tof the point I went to a restaurant for breakfast. Also the staff forgot to stock the room with coffee and flatware, so the kitchen was useless.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

Staff was very polite and everyone seemed very dog friendly.

Our room had kind of a funky, musty smell. We think it might be because of lack of ventilation. I guess the hotel will be remodeled in the fall though, so hopefully the remodel takes care of it. We were also charged for using the internet on our hotel bill. It was only $5, so not a huge deal, just a little annoying because wifi was advertised as complimentary.

Staff was very polite and everyone seemed very dog friendly. Good location, and pretty comfortable and quiet overall. Couldn't hear any surrounding neighbors, so that's always good.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

We really Liked the size of the rooms.

We did not like that we payed for a room with a kitchen but there had been no advertising that dinner was served nightly.

We really Liked the size of the rooms. The bathroom and bedrooms really suprised us with how spacious and comfortable they were.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Very nice folks.

Very nice folks. The lady at the front desk even got me a glass of milk when I checked in b/c there was none for sale.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2015

I love the fact that it's so quiet.

I love the fact that it's so quiet. It was so nice. The breakfast was pretty good. I would definatly go back again!

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.