Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia 3 stars

8320 Benson Drive, Columbia, MD 21045, USA

#7 of 13 hotels in Columbia

Staff was friendly
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel rate was extremely high for the quality of the hotel. The room seemed clean but lobby and hallways were dirty. Both did not have a pleasant smell.

Staff was friendly

Stay was wonderful!

N/a

Even though our check in process was a little messed up bc of boooking.com but clerk attendant got everything straight so all was lovely, the staff, breakfast, rooms and the best thing was the 2 bath rooms which we needed. Definitely will be staying again!!!

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. There was fresh fruit for the waffles. The hotel has a nice outdoor area. And there are restaurants within easy walking distance. Overall great place to stay.

Home away from home and we'll be back soon!
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A.C. unit was very loud at night.

Very clean, super comfy and dog friendly. Breakfast selection was great and all staff were pleasant and helpful!wonderful, relaxing grounds too.

Great facility and great value for a family of 5! Definitly would stay here again!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Wished there was an indoor heated pool and hot tub.

Staff was friendly and the price and the roominess for a family of 5 with older kids was great! 2 TV's, excellent plumbing and very clean room with comfy beds! Breakfast was great! Many places to eat outside the hotel. Kitchen was nice too! Columbia, MD is a nice town also!

Decent value but not as nice as it once was
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel seemed very worn and in need of refurbishing; for example the carpets in elevators are quite dirty. I am not sure why we got a room a long way from the lobby when the hotel appeared to have a lot of vacancies

Breakfast excellent Bed comfortable Price a lot lower than in previous years Great location. Easy on and off Rt 95

Once we found it, was fine. Good breakfast,
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The directions on the internet are bad. There is no road sign for 108, so this is the second time we went by, looking for 108. We actually found it this time by accident. The first time three months ago, I had to call and was still given bad directions. I don't have gps, but rely on the internet. Please solve the direction problem. Also, the signage inside the hotel us poor. No signage for elevators. Our room was located behind a door that had a sign that stated that "it must be closed at all times," yet there were rooms behind it. Is it so difficult to put a sign on that door that states room 301 to 304 are behind the door? And bad pillows!

The eggs and sausage were good, with enough other choices.

I'll be back...!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

There were alot of little kids in the breakfast room and the food access area was crowded!

The room was perfect, the bed was super comfortable and the breakfast was fantastic!

You saved us in a time of need! Clean and comfortable accommodations when they were needed most!

n/a

I wish I could remember the gentleman's name at the front desk when I called - Mark? Working Friday night around 9:00pm. He was wonderful. I have been in the industry for 15+ years and I know that front line associates like him are hard to come by! Mark, (lol - if that was your name) - thank you for your kindness and for going above and beyond in our time of need. My girl's and my ex-husband were so relieved to have ended up staying at this hotel. After 10+ hours stuck in traffic, it was such a relief to find a quality hotel that they could finally pull into! Thank You to all and keep up the great work! I also happen to work in Ellicott City at a full service hotel & resort - and will definitely now be referring business your way when we cannot accommodate!

It was excellent. Me and my husband would come back again.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Everything was great. I think for the breakfast it can be improved by making sure the food was replaced in time so no one is standing around waiting. Other than that the food service was great.

The staff was very friendly and respectful. I would come back again. It was quite.

I enjoyed my stay!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room accommodates 6 people, however there were only 3 towels. In my party, there were 2 adults and 3 small children. There 2 queen beds and a pullout couch. Clearly there should have been at least 4 towels and washcloths.

The property was modern and upscale.

Not bad for a small business trip. Would return.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Queen bed!! Breakfast could of been better !!

Queen bed small .king is recommended!! Breakfast is cheap didn't have bacon that Sunday morning . For solo person not bad but for a couple . There are better places. Not bad for a small business trip..

Good accommodation and staff but let down by inaccurate information about the pool. ..check this!
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Two Queen Suite

Only booked this hotel for the pool...when we got there it had been closed at start of September - no indication of this on website although I think Hotel have now rectified this. Would not have stayed so far from DC if we had known. Hotel group apologised but that didn't make it right for our 3 year old grandson 😢

Lovely suite accommodation although dining area a bit small for a family. Adequate breakfast seating area kept clear and clean. Great specials nights with food and drinks -enjoyed NFL game on TV.

Very enjoyable.
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Suite

We wanted to stay an extra day to enjoy & explore the Baltimore area. However, the front desk staff although friendly, nice but not overly accommodating.

We loved the hotel 2 bedroom suite, the hotel was located in a quiet area with restaurants across the street and shopping near by.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly!
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only problem I had was that the bathroom is in 2 parts! I hated having to come out of the shower or even worse, off of the toilet, and have to touch the doorknob in order to get out of the bathroom to wash my hands! That is so, so, unsanitary! I was thinking about how many other adults, or worse, children, who normally don't wipe very well, have touched this doorknob and it grossed me out! I found myself using a towel to open the door to get to the sink to wash my hands! I doubt that it is common practice for the cleaning staff to sanitize the bathroom doorknob after every guest leaves! YUCK! Next, many women like privacy when putting on makeup, hair pieces, eyelashes, etcetera. This type of bathroom does not provide any privacy. I kind of felt exposed! I was there with a colleague, not a family member or a close friend. Because of this I will not be comng back again.

I especially liked the location. It was very close to the places to eat and the event in which we had to attend.

Family RnR
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The place where the tissue goes in the bathroom was a little dirty, also the shower wasn't shiny, it was a little dull which made it look dirty

Daniel at the front desk was very accommodating. I have never been one to change rooms, but I did 3 times because one seemed bigger than the other but he had no problems and didn't make me feel like a burden.

I reallly enjoyed my stay, the manager took care of...
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I reallly enjoyed my stay, the manager took care of everything i needed and commended. It was my birthday weekend. Hotel was spotless and smelled GREAT. No issues !!!1

Nice and comfy stay
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Suite

We booked 2 bedroom suite and it was a perfect accommodation. The rooms have very good sunlight, sufficient kitchen vessels and utensils. There is ample parking at property. The staff is very good and helpful. The continental breakfast is very good. There are very good restaurants just across the street - Olive Garden, Royal Taj Indian restaurant are very good. In all we had lovely stay here.

Come Home
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

A location to smoke on side of building. That way you won't have guest smoking butts on ground on side and back of building.

Clean and prepared. Registration easy, Breakfast excellent, overall excellent. Will stay and recommend.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Horrible customer service. I will never use booking.com again
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

This hotel TRIPLE charged me for a three night stay. It has been 3 weeks since I submitted the necessary documentation to booking.com and I still do not have a refund. Booking.com has been absolutely horrible to deal with. I will never book through this site again.

Location was good and there was plenty of room for my wife,...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hallways were extremely cold. It was uncomfortable to walk from the room to outside.

Location was good and there was plenty of room for my wife, the kids, and me.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

A taste of home away from home
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

They could use a restaurant/lounge on the premises. But I was told that was in the works.

I liked how the room felt like a little apartment. After eating on the road for a day or two it was nice to make spaghetti in our own room using the kitchen, dishes and utensils. We will be back!

We all had a great time!!
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Rooms were comfortable, very nice plenty of space I use wheelchair part time, they did have us in handicap room but we had it changed to regular room as I can still get into shower without chair, but it is good to know they have special rooms if I need it in the future. We were at a rock festival that we be there next year also we are staying at Homewood Suites and probably bring more people next time. I booked the rooms and everyone let me know how much the like the rooms and they will be back also. Everyone really enjoyed being able to get breakfast in the morning. They also had special meal Thursday night for all of us.

Location and breakfast is good.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff is really rude. The guy who was at the front door when I checked in was not helpful or nice to us and naither the laidys at the check out. The hotel charges a 50 dollar extra just in case" for any damages! And gives your money back 24 hours later but they don't say anything about it. A little disappointed :(

Location and breakfast is good.the ladys at breakfast are really nice!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Breakfast was pretty good.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Would have been nice to have an oven in the kitchen.

Breakfast was pretty good. Kitchen looked nice. Very nice to include eating utensils and cooking gear. Hope to take more advantage of the kitchen next time around.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Nice hotel perfect for a stop over, good family rooms eith...
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Suite

Very poor breakfast, there was a needle stuck in the sofa and my kid sat on it!!!!

Nice hotel perfect for a stop over, good family rooms eith comfty beds

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nice hotel in Columbia, MD
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The Sunday morning food in the 1st floor was awful. No one there to help with the high volume of people ( those without a clue about curtesy) handle the food and availability of food.

the room was great. Very nice, very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Fire
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was a dryer fire friday night we had to leave our rooms and stand outside for 2 hrs waiting for fire department to finish. The only thing that was said was sorry for the inconvenience

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The night's sleep, these weary travelers needed.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our bath had a shower only, I lived without the bath I wanted that evening. No other concerns. Great room, many amenities.

Such a totally comfortable and CLEAN room

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Great place for a few days
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Two Queen Suite

Very comfortable suites, each bedroom with own bathroom. Good wifi, well-equipped fitness room. Good pool. Breakfast was fine, standard selections. Excellent location just off highway, but quiet. Severl restaurants just across the street - nice to be able to walk there! We recommend the Royal Taj restaurant, and there is a TGIF, Olive Garden, and Bib Evans there also.

Enjoyable
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The coffee was just a bit weak.

The layout of the room.

Great place to stay!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

The room was very clean and very comfortable for a family of 4.

Enjoyed our trip and time at Homewood Suites.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

it was not too clean but okay.

lots of space, nice gym, nice laundry room, very quiet, all the staffs are friendly and super nice.

Comfortable

Clean and friendly

It was ok
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The wait time for checking in was too long

My kids loved the place

We enjoyed our time there--very convenient place to stay, would likely stay again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hallways were REALLY cold.

The staff--particularly the cleaning staff and the breakfast staff--were so friendly and great!

Super!

Nothing comes to mind.

Everything was too notch. The cleanest hotel I ever stayed in! Comfy beds. Great layout of rooms.

Best hotel ever.

EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME

FREE DINNER MON - THU

Perfect for the money! Very pleased!
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Comfortable beds, good location, clean, quiet, and we loved that dogs are allowed,

Disappointed
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping not cleaning our room. King suite too small for 2 adults with 2 children. Breakfast options very limited for healthy eaters.

• Queen Room - Disability Access Hearing Accessible

So clean!

Very enjoyable
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bed sagged in middle, well worn, needs replacing

Location, staff, hotel was very clean

The size of the room
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Two Queen Suite

Kids running over our heads all weekend.

The size of the room

Very comfortable

Better breakfast options.

Clean room

two thumbs up!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was overwhelmed at front desk!

Breakfast excellent

Take care of the bedbug problem

Bedbugs/my son was bitten

The kitchen

The sofa sleeper mattress was not fit to be slept on by...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access Hearing Accessible

The sofa sleeper mattress was not fit to be slept on by adults or children.

Great place for a great deal.

No complaints.

The breakfast was great, especially for continental breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. Relaxing and quiet.

Excellent value for money
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Size and amount of furniture too big for room

Suite aspect and comfortable, clean bed

I would highly recommend
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing! Staff very friendly and helpful.

We will definitely come back.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was spacious and comfortable. Evening reception was very nice. Staff was very friendly.

Trouble connecting to wifi

Trouble connecting to wifi

our stay was awesome! accommodations werw excellent we will be back
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

wasn't able to stay longer.

Room roomy, quiet,and clean

This place was an excellent stay for the price. Everything was so clean. Everything was so close by.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I liked how there was a breakfast every morning and activities for the family to do such as basketball.

Problems w room door lock

Problems w room door lock

From Ohio to DMV
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

We only wish the hotel room had a full length mirror

The staff were very nice the breakfast was delicious as well

Very nice and comfy
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk was not always available

The rooms were nice and the convenience of the kitchen, breakfast was lovely

My stay was great overall, our children loved the pool and basketball court.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The dinner time could have been a little longer

The toiletries were of good quality, and the staff was courteous.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Room size

Room size

Very convenient location close to everything.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a little light. Did not like the scrambled eggs very dry.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The breakfast was excellent and the room was very clean and...
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Suite

The breakfast was excellent and the room was very clean and comfortable

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed could be more comfy, woke up with sore back

Having hot items for breakfast

The bed was extremely comfortable!
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom King Suite

The bed was extremely comfortable! The staff was friendly and helpful. We all enjoyed ourselves and will return again.

Good accept for toilet issue
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Toilet did not refill unless you jiggled the handle.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Prefect Home Away From Home
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

The quality of the breakfast could be improved on.

Excellent facilities.......brilliant staff (always with a smile). The perfect home away from home.

Staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

great trip

Better Wi-Fi connection/reservation info

I enjoyed the layout of the suite

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The breakfast was good.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was good. They should always make sure they have turkey sausage.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Good time with friends and family
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact that we got charged more than what your website said

The staff and facilities were fab

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

The people was nice.

The people was nice.

Great stay and location
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Higher quality juice and breakfast options.

Room clean, facility very nice.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Awesome suite for big group!

Great bed/pullout Nice kitchen Large space

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean

Having to leave

The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

I recommend it to any one to visit kitchener,waterloo. cnanada
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I like people in Kitchener very much ,friendly and nice, helpful, front disk lady's are very nice.