Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Daytona Beach Speedway-Airport 3 stars

165 Bill France Boulevard, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, USA

#4 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wish I could have upgraded to a larger suite for more room. Will be considerate of it next time given there were 4 of us.

Husband and son ate the breakfast each day before heading to work all day. They loved it. I had the reception hors devours Monday and Tuesday night. Very nice! Said, fruit snacks cheeses, soups and even wine. Very very nice and it was complimentary. Nice bed and bedroom space.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The only issue we had was wanting to stay an extra night. We were told we would have until 11 the next morning to decide. I walked down and told them I would like to stay the extra night around 9. I was informed that our room was already booked but could stay in another one for an extra charge. We decided not to stay. As we were checking out, the guy claimed he made a mistake and found our extra night. We ended up just coming home after we already packed up and had 3 kids ready to go. Friendly staff, very nice hotel, and great location.

Everything. The staff was friendly. Hotel is clean and up to date. Breakfast was great and had a nice variety.

• Premium One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hot portion of the breakfast was out all 3 mornings I was there. The eggs didn’t taste good. The staff at breakfast was rude.

Convenient. Bed was comfortable and room was clean.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Little hard to find actual entrance but that kept it isolated. Very safe and secure.

The food was fantastic. The room was huge and homey. First class. To top it off the small price we paid with free breakfast was unbelievable! We wanted to stay longer. Close to mall and restaurants within walking distance for all your needs!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Terrible pillows. Prefer recliners to couch. Carpet was dirty....after walking barefoot my feet were very dirty!!!

Very nice dinner n bkfst. Bed was comfy

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room key NEVER WORKED. WE WERE THERE 5 DAYS AND GOT 7 SETS OF KEYS TO OUR ROOM DUE TO IT NOT WORKING.VERY FRUSTRATING. THE HOUSE KEEPER EVEN SAID THIS IS A REGULAR PROBLEM.

The bed was comfy and the food was good.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

In the training room that our training session was in the air conditioning kept stopping which made the training a little uncomfortable at times. but that was the only issue.

Exceptionally clean and the staff were very kind and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone....really enjoyed my stay. The rooms were large and well equipped, the breakfasts were nice and the evening socials were fantastic. By the way the locations was great, plenty of eating establishments around. Not that it was important to me.

• Premium One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Basketball court behind the whirlpool spa. Although it’s fun for people to enjoy, it’s not very relaxing for those trying to enjoy tranquility of spa.

Very impressive property. Excellent location with amenities nearby and within 15 minutes of beach. Very clean and great breakfast selections.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Only one entrance in and out of parking lot.

The Breakfast and staff were perfect. Way better than I had anticipated. I normaly do not eat breakfast but I had breakfast every day I was there. The staff did not bother me unless I had a question.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The Homewood sign needs to be more visible from the road, we passed it the first time. The pet walking area is OK, but not very big. We walked during the day in the grassy area near the mall parking lot. Was bigger than some other hotels that we’ve stayed though.

We love Homewood suites! The rooms were clean and had all amenities that were promised. We travel with our dogs, one medium and one small. We appreciate the one time fee for our pets, versus daily fees like lesser chains charge. Breakfast and late afternoon snacks were well appointed, where adults will enjoy the beverages!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

AC very cold and heating defective lousy room cleaning unclear shuttle service breakfast may cause digestion discomfort overcharges and hidden fees *50 dollars

spacious no airport noise

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I was charged 50$ extra for the dog for shampooing of the rugs. Did they really do it? I was there over night. Usually 25$ a night. That was a little disappointing.

Very clean. Had a first floor room which was nice traveling with my dog. There was a lot of room for the whole family. Kitchen was a plus.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

No dinner on New Years Eve (Thu), and totally nothing happening that evevning! Dirty whirlpool/ hot tub.

Very good breakfast + social nights with dinner (wine&beer) Mon-Thu.

Little fruit,

Eggs were good. Very little fruit. Last day , after Christmas, minimal cup, food and items. No silverware available. Prior days were good.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast staff closed kitchen without asking if we needed anything else from the breakfast bar.... They were unfriendly and very standoffish.... Food was ok but could use much improvement in variety... not enough choices for a Hilton Hotel ... I really expected more in service staff and variety in food

Room and bed were great 👍

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We were only a couple of blocks away our Google maps directions were off. Desk representative could not tell us how to get to the location. Put on hold and finally we dropped off.

Desk representative very helpful in identifying and looking up a local restaurant, Billy's Taproom where we had eaten over 10 years ago. Had a wonderful dinner and evening.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Room was big and comfortable. Staff was super friendly. Location was close to speedway, mall, and lots of restaraunts. Room had a full fridge, stovetop, microwave, coffeemaker, and sink with garbage disposal. Bathroom was spacious. King size bed was soo comfy, and it had a ceiling fan above it. Had a sofa, which might have been a sofa bed, but it was a comfy sitting place for my handicapped parent. Free breakfast was delicious!! Pet friendly. Even the roll away bed was comfy. Will definitely stay there again!

NOTHING

The entire experience was a great as always.we're returning guest but this time it was my birthday so we invited some family and friends and they loved their rooms they loved every thing from the hotel,the view,the location,al the tiwns entertainment and the most of all the beach was just everyone needed.it was great.And Dee at the front desk was the greatest ever.the houseman fir tgat night was having an issue lighting the grill for us we really didn't want to eat out it was raining that evening and it was my birthday and my husband really wanted to cook for me Dee came out and in a few minutes we were ready to cook.to really made the night for all of us.PLEASE TELL HER THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. Room 404.The Davis Family

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

I had to check out at 330 am to make my flight. There was no one at the desk or in the area so I had to leave my key and was unable to get a receipt.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Homewood Suites in Daytona Beach. I originally booked a room there because of the proximity to the airport but was thrilled with the accomodations. The room was inviting and very clean. The hotel was full but it was extremely quiet. The bed was very comfortable and there are three restaurants within walking distance. I was very pleased and felt it was a great value. I will stay here again when travelling to Florida.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

There was someone in our room as we walked in. Creepy. Said he was fixing something , no tools . Just used room to take a dump . Ewee. Comfortable pillows. No stopper for bath was not 5 star hotel

Pillows

The turkey bacon

The location was great.the room was the staff was great.Max was the bes.our neighbors was a little bit noisey but still a great stay.my issue was there was no choices of bacon at breakfast they only had turkey bacon.everybody dont eat that.none of my family anyway.but overall it was a great stay and worth your money..will stay again and again.Mrs.Davis

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Not enough carts for our luggage. Not even the staff could find them for us when we got there or when we were leaving. We had to make multiple trips to vehicle to get our luggage.

It was right there at the speedway (no joke....across the street), we didn't have an issue with traffic trying to get to the Speedway. And it had alot of restaurants around it.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

NOTHING, TO COLD TO SWIM.

THE FRONT DESK STAFF, MAX AND DENNIS WERE FANTASTIC. BREAKFAST AND AFTERNOON/EVENING FOOD WAS ALSO FANTASTIC. GREAT JOB HAVE TOLD MANY FRIENDS ABOUT YOUR FACIITIES.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The woman at the front desk greeted us with smiles and friendliness. The facility is clean and our room was perfect. Comfortable bed and real pillows!! Would definitely recommend to anyone wishing to stay in that area or needing a night off of I-95 like we did.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Gym isn't much, just some cardio equipment with dumbells but no bench or anything else really.

The staff was great and the location was very convenient to everything. They even provided breakfast and dinner which was a plus

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Some breakfast staff members were rude

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very large and exceptionally clean!! For an older hotel this was very nicely updated and chic

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Lack of green grassy area for pet friendly business.

I loved the staff (Max & Dennis) and inside the room was fabulous but the location of the HWIAS left a lot to be desired for "pet friendly" status. Inside a Mall/Restaurant parking area lacked green grassy spots for my puppy to do her business. Lovely hotel and staff for sure, though!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Everything was pleasing.

I enjoyed my stay at the homewood. It was my home away from home. The king size bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed the cable TV and kitchenette. The breakfast was great. The social hour was good. The staff was helpful. I really enjoyed myself. Shopping restaurants, and other popular attracts nearby. We were able to walk to most places including a tour at the NASCAR headquarters. The cab service was great from and to the airport. We even used uber services to go to the ocean walk for a day at Dayton Beach. The service was great.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The breakfast options were very bad. They had no flavor including the waffles. The eggs looked more like vomit. My table leg in the room was broken near the kitchen Also not enough parking. Not well lit at night.

The facilities were very good for the price. I am aware that they are renovating so I can't wait to return!

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

A little pricey, i didn't like how the eggs were cook at the breakfast bar, it was great that i had a variety to choose from.

staff awesome, very clean room

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Absolutely the best stay we've had in Daytona! We try coming at least twice yearly for the past 3 years. We booked this property not knowing it was a Hilton property. We knew about the free breakfast, but upon checking in, they advised us they're doing a special "social" which consisted of an entire dinner as well Monday-Thursday! ! ! Of course that blew our minds! The kitchenette was big, clean, had great cookware (even though we didn't use it). We stood in a king suite, which was big enough for our 2 children (7 &11), and 2 adults. The pullout couch was comfy enough for both our kids, our king bed was Fabulous ♡ ! The maid was a gem, always kept our room super tidy, organized the boys stuffed animals on their bed nicely. The pool closed at 10, wonderful size great for the kids and to relax a little. The hot tub temperature was overly hot, not one person was able to stay in it for longer than 5 minutes. The fitness center closed at 11 (room was beyond freezing for working out, 65°), the laundry facility was decent and only accepts quarters. Room 311 doesn't have a view (as the nice older gentleman had promised/tried giving us. . Its of their palm trees :-/ ), and all outside restaurants in the area close very early (around 9pm), so unless you want to drive, eat earlier. The complimentary breakfast I believe is from 6-8 only (which kinda stinks if you're like us and like to sleep until 9), the dinner was from 5-7 which was very much appreciated. Our stay was the best we've had in our travels! Thank you so very much for being not only a wonderful staff, but staying true to the Hilton standards by going above and beyond! Hilton should use you guys as a model hotel to promote proper customer satisfaction, cleanliness, and overall genuine caring hospitality.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Everything was good my husband loved my choice

It was close to everything

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The staff was very welcoming and friendly!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a mixup about our checkout time and the maid came into our room while we were asleep

The breakfast was great!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was excellent and the staff was superb!

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was a bit noisey with the road traffic

Staff was great! Breakfast and morning staff were wonderful. Comfortable beds and pillows!!

NOTHING!

EVERYTHING!

It was very relaxing!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location, breakfast, room. All of it!! Highly recommend if you’re staying in the Daytona Beach area!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The room was amazing. I love having kitchen facilities in my room when I travel.

• Premium King Studio - Non-Smoking

Everything was great, the room, staff, food and amenities.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Facility was obviously well managed - great experience

Excellent experience with excellent breakfeast

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Great staff. Very accommodating.

Good variety.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

it seemed like housekeeping used a bed skirt as our blanket.

the size of the suite was great.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Too much noise at nite with doors closing in each room.

Very good breakfast. Location convenient. Staff friendly.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very clean & nice in room

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was fresh, the fruit was fresh, and the entire eating area was kept clean!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Everything from the staff to the breakfast...Im willing to come back every time I'm in Daytona

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Nice clean all staff were kind and very tasty breakfast especially room interior was awesome and convenient ~^^

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard and very uncomfortable to say the least.

The hotel was right near everything and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Pet fee was $50 way more than most hotels that charge $20.

Spacious clean rooms right beside shopping center. Beds very comfortable.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Parking was nearly full, luckily we found the last spot available. Other than that, it was a nice stay.

Great location, nice room and breakfast.

No complaints

Location primary.

Everything was good.

We were very comfortable and the location was good.

Location and cleanness

• Premium King Studio - Non-Smoking

Not being able to watch TV just because it's raining. I never experienced that because it's raining.

The room was clean and inviting.

Evening meal

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Parking lot does not connect to nearby venues like the mall or restaurants. Only one way in or out onto main road.

The pool closed at 10:00

everything was wonderful

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great accommodations...... Highly Recommended!!

Evelyn thing

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff left something to be desired.

The hotel was modern and attractively decorated. Free breakfast was a plus and the food was good.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Good size, clean room with lots of amenities. Great free, hot breakfast. Lovely staff.

Blinds to darken the room at night time

So clean comfortable friendly staff everything awesome

Evening social time

pork sausage

The eggs were good but offer more of a variety of meat, like turkey sausage or bacon

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

breakfast very good along with night snacks 4 nights per week

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Easy to get to and in good location. Staff very friendly.

• Two-Bedroom Suite