Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah 3 stars

375 Corporate Drive, Mahwah, NJ 07430, USA

#1 of 8 hotels in Mahwah

....you really cannot go wrong with a Homewoods!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access Tub/ Non-Smoking

The thing I hated the most about this place was that there was a fork missed in the dishwasher....and the fact that I had to check out and come home instead of living out my golden years just relaxing by the pool or sleeping the one of the most comfortable beds I have ever come across.

The stay, the pool, the space, the breakfast selection, the staff and the location....you really cannot go wrong with a Homewoods! I have a small number of places I am willing to pay a little extra to stay at. I had never considered them before. I thought they were too out of reach for me...I was wrong and I am happy to admit that.

A+ per usual
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff is always amazing! Always accommodating and friendly. We got there at 3pm and the young lady at the front desk said our room wasn’t ready. A man can over and put us in a different room thankfully. We were in a rush and needed to shower. Didn’t even need to tell him that he just set us up in another room. Awesome service. As usual. Also when we checked out we left our iPad in the room. They called literally 20 min after we left and left me a voicemail saying to come back and pick it up before we got any further away. Unbelievable ! :) we will be back a few more times this year.

Property is nice.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room itself could have been cleaner - bathroom and kitchen area in particular - floors were sticky and Hangers from last occupants we're still in the bathroom hanging on the door. The phone in the bedroom did not work.

Property is nice... Comfortable bed and spacious room.

Stay was great, and we will definitely stay again!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds are comfortable, but we've grown fond of an adjustable bed that tilts our head up, so that we aren't flat. Not sure that any hotel offers the adjustable beds yet - so my comment is NOT a specific concern for this hotel.

Everything about the facility was great!!. We've stayed at other hotels in the area and this now is our favorite go to place. My wife and I were seeing a Cirque de Soleil show in Rutherford and this location was within a half hour of the event.

Good facility in the room
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I suggest to increase the capacity of breakfast area to allow more guests at the same time. It was crowded and kind of hard to find a table. The food was great.

Easy location, easy parking, good breakfast and nice room

A really great place to stay especially because the staff are so nice and helpful! The laundry sure
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Can't improve because it's just fine as is

Roomy accommadation, helpful staff very clean, great wifi. Very handy to NYC and car rental places. Enterprise just up the road and they will collect you to rent a car. Great breakfast with good selection and from monday to thursday there's a light supper available. Coin operated laundry on site and a sm shop which carries a wide variety including one use detergent and dryer sheets!

Nice place

Unruly Manager David!!! Will cost this company money in the long run 😡

Manager Mario was very nice/ helpful. Definitely made my one night stay a decent.

Was ok. Will state again because it is the only hotel in the area suitable for extended stays.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

not as clean as reviews say, especially if you get a room on first floor. Housekeeping showed one day very late (2:30 pm).

Windows do open a crack. This is the only hotel in Mahwah that offers a kitchenette in every room.

Great practical well designed rooms, comfy bed, good shower and nice amenities.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Given the full house and time change sunday breakfast could have been pushed a half an hour.... We used the roll out bed and it didnt have sheets - not sure why there were nk e in the room

We booked 4 weeks before coming and when we areived half of New Hersey had lost power and the staff was trying to accomodate a full house, people everywhere - dogs, computers toddlers... nonetheless the staff was chipper and put me and my son and grandkids on the same halkway. Very impressed.

Large, clean rooms with a friendly staff.

Nothing. Was all great.

Huge rooms at an excellent price. Bathroom is enormous! The room smelled great and was fresh and clean. Our family comes here every year for a mini reunion, since Mahwah is a central location. Couldn't ask for a better spot!

My go to hotel in Mahwah.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything is always great here.

I’ve stayed here 4 times in the last 6 months. It’s the perfect location to nyc and Hudson valley. Staff is always friendly. They have free breakfast. Rates are always great. The rooms are cozy.

Must stay!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There wasn’t anything I didn’t like.

Free breakfast is always nice. Love the location. Service is always great. Staff is very friendly. Rates are excellent.

Great as usual!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Queen sized blankets on a king sized bed. Either knees or bottom side was cold in the beginning of the first night! I managed with the linens and blanket for the couch.

We had a comfortable visit, as usual. We travel from Vermont every Thanksgiving to visit with family and will always stay at your hotel. The kitchen allows me to prep my food at home and cook it fresh to bring to the family's house. Any questions or needed items were graciously obtained by the staff. Even the little amount of butter I forgot for my dish which your staff found for me. Great service!

Terrible leak/ plumbing issue
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A horrible smell of smoke/ cigarette as soon as you enter the room (112). Everyone was too tired to move as we arrived late in the evening on 10/20. There was a terrible leak inside the bathroom (room 112), right on top of the toilet stall. Water kept dripping. It looked like it had been this way for a while from looking at the ceiling & vent area. At 6am, water was dripping on top of me as I was using the stall. Got up to let Mario (front desk) and his response was "he couldn't do anything at the time". He said maintenance wasn't going to be in until 8am and he couldn't call the room right above us to check because it was the policy. His explanation was that perhaps someone didn't close the shower curtain all the way. When you're in hospitality, "not being able to do anything" to resolve an urgent issue that had me up and out of the room at 6am (obviously, this could've happened at any time) to address to a staff is simply not okay. This is a plumbing issue. How is this not considered an emergency? Why is there no back up plan to call a different plumbing/ maintenance person that had an "on call" rep? I kept asking him what we needed to do and how we could fix it until I understood that nothing was going to be done. I ended up asking him for a bunch of towels so we could just pile them up for the time being. 8am - 9am - 10am, no follow up. No phone calls. No staff member to resolve the issue still. The public/ shared restroom (women side) that was on the same level (that we HAD to use) was so dirty. Stalls had wastes not flushed and not cleaned. I thought the soap in the sink area was always running out. After checking the dispenser, the soap was there, but the pump did not work. So, no soap would come out of it. We had to keep going back and forth to use this shared restroom and back to wash our hands again and made sure the leak wasn't going out of control.

Breakfast was pretty good. Staff in the kitchen was courteous and kept refilling the food.

Spacious and modern suites, friendly staff,
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Spacious and modern suites, fully equipped kitchen, friendly staff, plenty of free parking. Very good breakfast included. Nearby Harriman Park is a must!

To expensive and not worth the cost!!!
    • Two Room King Suite - Mobility Accessible with Roll In Shower

They provided a HANDICAP room which was awkward. All the furniture was shorter then average and uncomfortable if you weren't handicapped. Will not book any other vacations from bookings.com

Nice place to stay for a few nights.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I'm one to always check the beds for bedbugs etc. None were found thank goodness, however upon checking the beds and looking between the mattresses there was much to be improved. Found a huge straw with some torn up paper and it was quite dirty. More attention should be paid to thoroughly cleaning the beds especially due to the bed bug epidemic everywhere these days !! Breakfast was so-so. There were so many people staying that food ran out quickly and there was not much choice either. Was ok I guess.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Location is good as we were there to do some shopping at Woodbury Outlets. Bathroom was extremely clean. Beds were clean however could be improved.

Will be back!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast, very large homey rooms and amazing staff! This is the least expensive hotel I've stayed at and it had the best service! Homewood suites mahwah sets a great example of what hospitality should be like. There are a lot of 5 star hotels that could take a page from their book.

Could be better
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was free but wasn't great. Noisy because of running kids in the hallway and poolparty

Big rooms - bathroom Nice fitness area Could check- in earlier

Nice hotel. avoid room above lobby entrance/smoking area.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was just above the hotel entrance which also served as a smoking area. Noise in the room was noticeable and distracting from people talking and laughing in that area. We were woken up several times until 3:00 AM after we went to lobby to complain.

Excellent large room. Great breakfast and staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Rooms were very spacious and breakfast was great
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool was full of kids without supervision. Parents were just drinking wine on deck and not paying attention. Seemed like a group from a recent cheer meet or sporting event. Great if you have kids, but it made it so we could not have any rest in the pool with out the constant splashing and high pitch girl shrills.

Rooms were very spacious and breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Whoever stayed in our room before us smoked, which made us...
    • Two Room King Suite - Mobility Accessible with Roll In Shower

Whoever stayed in our room before us smoked, which made us feel ill at times. Even by the time we left, some smoke could still be detected. That concern may make us not stay there in the future. It's supposed to be a smoke-free property!

Quiet and secluded hideaway hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

1. We were on a sub floor (below ground level), which appeared to keep the room overly cold - might be nice in summer. 2. There was an unknown deep red stain on the bedroom carpet, so hesitated to walk without shoes.

Staff polite and the property secluded and quiet. Beautifully designed and reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

fine place but hazardous to your lungs
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the staff and other guests smoked directly in front of the main entrance to the hotel. This is extremely unpleasant and unhealthy for everyone, especially non-smoking guests. The staff should definitely not be doing this, and there should be signs posted which let other guests know that they shouldn't be doing it either. There are plenty of other places to smoke besides directly in front of the front door which all guests HAVE to walk through to get inside. A copy of NJ laws about smoking and public spaces: NJ Policy and type of workplace regulated Smoking prohibited in indoor public places; public or private workplaces with any employees; state and municipal buildings; educational and childcare facilities; healthcare facilities; entertainment and sports venues; restaurants, bars, and clubs; public transportation vehicles and facilities; and public parking areas. Citation: N.J.S.A. 26:3D-55 et seq. Nondiscrimination law Employers may not discriminate against applicants or employees because they do or do not smoke or use tobacco products unless directly related to responsibilities of the job. Citation: N.J.S.A. 34:6B-1. Notice posting requirement “No Smoking” signs must be prominently displayed and note that violators will be fined. Exceptions to policy Private homes and vehicles, tobacco stores and businesses, cigar bars, 20% of lodging rooms, certain gaming areas of casinos, and certain casino simulcast facilities. For in-depth analysis of this topic, see Smoking.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Good News in Mahwah
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not much. Hard to think of a shortcoming.

We really liked the sitting room-bedroom separation; also, the shower-toilet room separate from bath sink. Finally, we found an excellent family restaurant within 2 minutes of the location.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Nice stay if you have a car.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast is not really good. The person from kitchen which is refilling the breakfast is unfriendly. No signs for gym, but I don't know if a gym was offered.

The hotel is very comfortable. Rooms are renovated and quiet nice. They are very clean.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Excellent Accommodations / Convenient Locale
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was absolutely nothing I could consider the least bit negative! The rooms were beautiful, comfortable and well appointed. I was disappointed that I was only staying there overnight and I didn't make time to try the breakfast!

The rooms were very comfortable with excellent amenities. It was just a very short distance off Route 17, so it was extremely quiet. Very worth the price!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Don't book without calling hotel
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

They put us in the room furthest from the lobby, in need a repair, and the view was a tarp since they were under construction. Btw not all the rooms had this view only a few. They said since we booked through booking.com they couldn't change anything or take our credit card info for upgrades.

We were in town to visit old friends so didn't need to stay in room long

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Love the convenience of the suite.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Mattress was very uncomfortable in room 146. Needs to be replaced. Stayed in room 143 last trip and mattress was fine

Love the convenience of the suite.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The atmosphere was comfortable and friendly. Wifi and complimentary breakfast was a bonus.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The bathroom door connecting to the living room and kitchen space was no secured. It would automatically open on its own. The kiychen light was also on auto and would turn on in the middle of the night.

The bedroom was beautiful and the staff were wonderful. The complimentary breakfast was convenient with a great amount of options. The room was clean and the availability of a kitchen was just the cherry on top. The wifi available kept the children entertained.

Wish we could have stayed longer. Great Hilton property.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access Tub/ Non-Smoking

Everything met my expectations.

The morning cooking staff was excellent. They were very polite and made sure everything was filled constantly.

room set-up

room set-up

Stay at this hotel was excellent.

I liked the spacious accommodation.

Liked it a lot.
    • Premium One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was a little bit better than the competition.

Sleepless in hilton
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Dirty sheets, loud door, broken cabinet, bad pullout bec

Exceeded our expectation after a long day of skiing
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Staff was very helpful. Happy hour had beer, wine and food. Breakfast was nice as well. Thumbs up to Mario

Visit to New Jersey
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fitted sheet did not fit the bed. The TV channels were very limited.

The room was very clean.

Great room and facilities.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great room and facilities. Early check in.

Very cozy and nice place

the cleanliness wasn't %100 tho

Very cozy and nice place

We are disappointed this time.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The food was the most disappointing feature. We have stayed here several times before but this time the breakfast experience was horrible.

I do need my invoice !
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I do need my invoice ! Every people always say yes, but I do not get Please send to me

Awful breakfast - frozen processed food.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

queen bed is small

large room space

everthing was great
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

great service very clean large room comfortable beds Excellent breakfast

Perfect fit and location for family. Good value for money.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable bed really nice staff.

TV and size of the room

Just wierd lay out

TV and size of the room

Great place to stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel was very clean. Great roomconfort

Staff was courteous.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Total bill for room was not available on site. Took a while for $50 room charge for "incidentals" to be removed

Staff was courteous.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Nice and quiet
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The service was great. The employees were helpful and kind

Dimitris, Athens
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access Tub/ Non-Smoking

Hotel is in a very good location for visitors of NYC.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

room was huge!

room was huge!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Very clean, excellent staff and great breakfast.
    • King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

No comment

Very clean, excellent staff and great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

More food options

Larger bathroom facility

More food options

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Excellent Stay!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I wish there was a small oven in the room.

nice breakfast. Great staff. Clean, comfy rooms. We were treated so well by the staff. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

The room was perfect to share with my sis & the 2...
    • Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access Tub/Smoking

The room was perfect to share with my sis & the 2 girls:) they really enjoyed it. We definitely Will use this place again:)

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Awesome stay at Mahwah

Nothing specific

The facility , the location , the ambience and everything .

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Would stay there again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed mattress was fair.

Room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The gentleman at check in took the time to get my room as...
    • Two Room King Suite - Mobility Accessible with Roll In Shower

The gentleman at check in took the time to get my room as close to a friend as possible. I appreciated the additional assistance

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Space in the 2 bedroom suite was excellent and the children...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Space in the 2 bedroom suite was excellent and the children loved the pool and breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Location near shopping malls and restaurants.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The lack of staff support and knowledge of facilities within the town and eateries.

Location near shopping malls and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

Comfortable bed, liked separate sleeping area with door,...

Found a little trash on floor in living area when entered room. Room should be vacuumed thoroughly.

Comfortable bed, liked separate sleeping area with door, friendly staff, nice variety for breakfast, fitness room.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2015

the hotel is nice the room is clean but the staff are nice...

sofa bed is not comfortable , and the bed is too tite for a cupule

the hotel is nice the room is clean but the staff are nice but the breakfast was not pleasant

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

Very friendly staff

Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

the updates in the decor were lovely.

Nothing that I could think of!

the updates in the decor were lovely. The meals were definitely value added. The room was quiet and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

Separate bedroom from livingroom;

Not enough of the popular cable stations...

Separate bedroom from livingroom; free full breakfast and dinner.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2015

Great customer services and manager Mario Marquez was very...

Great customer services and manager Mario Marquez was very attentive with my request, he is very dedicated and hard worker

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

quite hotel

quite hotel

• Reviewed: 9 May 2015

location, breakfast, good bed

WIFI would not or would barely work at all

location, breakfast, good bed

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

Room smelled like it needed to be aired out

Room smelled like it needed to be aired out

• Reviewed: 30 March 2015

Great location, excellent room & definitely would visit...

Great location, excellent room & definitely would visit again

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

The bed was so comfy!

The bed was so comfy!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

The comfort and lication, near ski areas

The comfort and lication, near ski areas

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

Good bed.

Receptionist on a private call during my check in (???) Breakfast a bit "odd" for European standards

Good bed. Ok gym

There are also 41 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.