Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue 3 stars

4200 City Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131, USA

#53 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

Good hotel, but surprisingly poor attendance.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I have had recurring, and bad, experience with the desk clerk regarding the delivery of Amazon packages. She seemed very reluctant to deliver the items that I had ordered. I had to ask three times for one, and twice for the other. The first answers were quite clear: there was nothing for me. Once I showed the receipts, she immediately found the packages - in a drawer close at hand where she could have found them from the very start. Last but not least, the hotel received an extra package after I checked out, instead of having it send back. At the very least there was bad will. This is the first time that I see such a poor handling of deliveries in the US.

The room was comfortable. The breakfast was fine.

Happy and relaxed
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking lot was down the street and it was a paid lot. Granted, with the hotel stay it was an $8 flat rate for each night. But I wasn't convenient to carry all the luggage from the lot and to the lot when leaving.

The room was large, comfortable and clean. The hotel had a great breakfast, with variety each morning. And my kids loved the pool.

I had a great time and when I go back to PA I wouldn't mind staying there again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking could've been on the website so I would've known to find parking on the street.

The bed was very comfortable and the lady at the front desk was amazing she always had a smile on her face when it seemed as though the day was going downhill. Loved her urgency to help.

There were a couple of issues, but the staff was polite, accommodating and professional.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower did not work properly, which was a pain. When I was there, the parking lot was down the street. We were advised that the shuttle to the parking lot leaves from the Hilton next door, but Hilton personnel advised that there was no shuttle, so we walked down to the parking lot in our heels. There actually was a shuttle, which we saw going to the parking lot many times. That was the worst lapse in hospitality, but could not be attributed to the Homewood Suites staff.

The room was a small suite, which was perfect for 1 person. The hotel shares facilities with the Hilton next door, so there was an indoor pool and workout room available for Homewood Suites guests. There were charging ports in the room on both sides of the bed, which was nice. Breakfast was pretty good, it was a full American meal.

Good stay for the price, given the expense of the nearby competition, though could use maintenance.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel showing wear and tear. Things in room should be repaired (carpet stains, scuffs on furniture), clunky elevators.

Comfy bed. Location location location. Staff very friendly and accommodating.

This is a hotel i would return to and recomend.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking was off site but close by and you had to pay. ($8:00 was very reasonable but should have been in the room price.)

Friendly staff. Clean room. Good breakfast.

Nice stay....but demand proper service (you're paying for it)and check your bill closely
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Most hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. One day housekeeping neglected to service our room-nothing! And check you final bill carefully.(Bringing a copy of your booking receipt is important) They attempted to charge us more than $200 over our booking price. Even with my printed booking receipt It took over 45 minutes to correct. AND they charge $8 per night parking, even if you don't use their parking lot. Front desk stated that "they automatically charge" and guests need to tell them if it is incorrect. Beware...

The property is in a great location, with easy access to major highways, restaurants and shopping.

I love the Hilton brand BUT for a one-night stay I will be more frugal with my money in the future.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking is annoying. If you are lucky to find parking on the street than it's a win-win situation. If you have to park in the parking lot, look to add an additional $12 on to your $154 +many taxes totaling $185 before parking!

I had a great night sleep at this hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was quiet - all important aspects of a hotel stay.

It was very relaxing and needed...
    • King Suite - Smoking

That the parking lot was so far away...And the housekeeping staff leave the person before me socks in the floor.The breakfast was not good at all...

Fast easy check in...Friendly staff... The room this time was the best one I have been in so far...

Very good value. Had everything I needed.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking wasn't too far but the weather was good, if it was very cold, rainy or snowing I would not have been happy with having to walk for parking.

Nice and quiet, breakfast was good selection. Comfortable bed. Nice view of the city from my room.

Loved property but wish it was a better value as the cost was overpriced.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn’t realize until checkout that since booking through 3rd party I wasn’t eligible for points in Hilton rewards. Additionally I thought that I could select payment options upon arrival, however, my credit card on file was charged. Unsure if this was booking agent or hotel issue.

I really appreciated the staff at the property, they were quite accommodating and helped me throughly enjoy my stay.

Stay was ok
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Self parking in my opinion was expensive for having to walk so far. The closet doors were off track.

Most were friendly at front desk. Breakfasts were good. Rooms were clean.

Room was clean and spacious.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The TV constantly stopped working (certain channels) and I had to keep calling to have it fixed. At times, none of the channels worked at all. The WiFi in the room also constantly kept malfunctioning. The kitchen didn't have a sponge or liquid dishwasher - only had dishwashing machine powder. When I called the lobby the receptionist told me only the powder is available. Why waste the machine to wash only a couple of dishes?

Room was clean and spacious.

Wonderful!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like about my stay was the breakfast. The food looked delicious, but it did not taste very good. The breakfast staff were very professional and helpful. The breakfast area was very clean and set up very nicely.

The front desk clerk during my check in was amazing. She was very professional. She called a taxi for us and even followed up with the driver when he did not show up on time. At check out, we met another wonderful clerk. She was such an amazing person to speak with and started our day off on a very pleasant note. All of the front desk personnel I spoke with over the phone were just as professional and courteous. I will definitely stay here again.

loved the location great staff however overall experience...
    • King Suite - Smoking

however would consider that if you were to be with held the holding fee to be advised when making a reservation

loved the location great staff however overall experience was nice and wouldn't mind staying again & breakfast was good I love waffles lol

Nice weekend getaway hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had to call the front desk to request a roll of toilet paper because there was barely any on the roll when we arrived.

Toni the receptionist was so helpful and just so sweet.

Big rooms and nice staff
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great hotel with super-friendly staff. The social hour is a nice way to have company if you are traveling alone. The free breakfast was very good and plentiful.

It was Peaceful to come and relax and I really enjoy my stay...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It only had one lock on the door it needs more sercurity lock for safety

It was Peaceful to come and relax and I really enjoy my stay will be back soon

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Staff was friendly
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room layout was weird. There is not a lot to do in the area. It is a 20 minute drive downtown. The rooms need to be updated. They did not even put bags in the trash cans in the room

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Dont stay run away
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything. Please don't stay here whatever you do do not stay here Whatever you do do not stay here

This was the worst stay of my life. I was embarrassed by the manager and general manager they racially profiled me and were very rude and disrespectful

Good place to stay in Philly
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking arrangement could be improved. I parked on the street one night rather than walk down the block to the paid lot.

The staff was welcoming and responsive.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The room was very nice and the bed and pillows were...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My husband is handicapped and parking is horrendous. I had to go to my car twice--once to get my husbands drivers license and once to get his credit card while he was trying to park. There were no carts available to transport our bags to our room and since my husband can't carry anything, I was left to do everything. I requested online for a ground floor room and was booked on the 12th floor. It was changed to the 2nd floor when we complained. The hotel is very nice but I would hesitate to stay there again

The room was very nice and the bed and pillows were wonderful.

The staff was accommodating however the pool was really...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking location an the fact you had to pay when it advertising free parking.my fold out couch had dirty sheets an pillows an the pillows were worn.. I've been to many of these facilities in other cities an never had a experience like this. I am disappointed an will be booking other trips an most likely avoid homewood suites, unfortunately.

The staff was accommodating however the pool was really foggy no towels an I had to change room 2times one for location an another for space, clogged tub & cleanliness. The 2nd room TV didn't work for my last night. I have kids it was very frustrating.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

I love the warmth of the frontdesk ladies! They made my stay extremely pleasant!!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It would hv been nicer if there is a bedroom slippers to slide into and toothbrush+paste.

I love the front desk ladies, especially Tori and another lady (forgot her name but she was very kind and sweet to nudge me to get some breakfast b4 my cab driver arrived in the morning at 6.30am), extremely helpful and wonderful and the room setting is very cosy with all cutleries and pots and pans!

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

New Years getaway!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The atmosphere was nice. The staff were nice, helpful & professional. We wanted to bring in the New Years differently yet laid back. It was a nice two days. This is our second time staying at Homewood suites.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Breakfast was great an staff was very friendly
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The housekeeper walked in on us without knocking an said we needed to check out an our check out was the next day an come to find out she had wrong room

Breakfast was great an staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great where it really counts.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking is slightly inconvenient... an open parking lot across the street and down the road a little bit.

Spacious room had everything we needed. The room is reasonably updated, but the furniture is about two trends past. The bedding and carpeting, however is the current, more modern style which feels much cleaner than the old hotel bedspread style and old carpeting. I'm happy to exchange trendy furniture for a lower price as long as long as the two things that count- bedding and carpet are fresher and newer. The staff works very hard to be friendly and accommodating. Kudos to them!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Philadelphia marathoners
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

How far it was from the center of the city. Wish we had known that we were going to have to take a 35 minute bus ride every time we wanted to get to the center of town.

It was very clean and staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Economical and family friendly
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

For hygiene reasons I wish they had real cribs like we have found at other hotels. They provided a packn'play for my son which had some stains on the mesh sides of it. I felt uncomfortable letting him sleep in it. He ended up sleeping in our bed for the night.

Conveniently located and an affordable place to stay when traveling with family.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Great location, great place to stay, price good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms appeared to be upgraded, which is good. I asked for a blanket, which seemed to have been around awhile. Upgrade linen.

The staff was exceptional. The first room I was given, a maintenance worker was working on the tub. When I informed the staff, they apologized and assigned a new room. The breakfast was good, there was a variety, eggs, waffle bar, fresh fruits, coffee, tea, juice, bagles, etc. Bed was very comfortable, room was very clean. I would definitely stay and recommend.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

staff made every effort to ensure comfort and excellent...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

location is away from Philadelphia downtown and often times traffic hampers main routes to business district. also pool staff did poor job of replenishing towels

staff made every effort to ensure comfort and excellent service.

Value quality stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel is in a great location with close proximity to your basic amenities. The staff were amazing and couldn't do enough for you. Cleanliness was decent but rooms and furnishings could use an update.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Nice hotel in an unsafe neighborhood.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

-The Hotel breakfast wasn't the best (or freshest), despite being a high standard hotel. It felt very crowded with no place to sit and lots of children running around. -The location is really what pulls down the overall grade. The hotel is right next to a big water reservoir,and a wide and heavily trafficked road right next to it. It is also located in a quite run down and unsafe area. You will definitely have to be careful if going out by yourself after it gets dark outside.

-The staff was very professional, service-minded and answered all of my questions, despite being quite busy. -The room was very large, spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Will be back next year when we return to US
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wifi connection and cable television reception in room were very spotty.

Perfectly located to Main Line. Breakfast was great. Staff was very welcoming and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Breakfast was included in the price.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was only one waffle maker. They needed to have two given the number of people that stayed over. The eggs were not hot, but there was a microwave to heat them up

Breakfast was included in the price. It was close to the event we needed to attend. The suite was comfortable.

It was a lovely and home-like stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The swimming is a bit small.

The staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful. The computer and printing room is super.

Great time here
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed could’ve been a little more comfortable

Very convenient to everything

It was very relaxing, I would definitely stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Outstanding stay in Philly!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The person, Toni, at the front desk, was terrific! She was so accommodating and professional!

I liked it all

Pam's bday weekend

There was nothing I didn't like

Bday weekend

There was nothing I didn't like

They gave one woman back full refund due to room being dirty...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They gave one woman back full refund due to room being dirty and only gave me hald back for same issue

Fun time
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I would suggest putting more mirrors in the rooms.there was only one in the bathroom

The best was very comfortable

Fighting with the staff ‘cause they were trying to charge us more money
    • King Suite - Smoking

The staff and the location

Never will stay at this hotel again it is disgusting
    • King Suite - Smoking

The stains on the furniture, dirty windows, other people’s hairs on the sheets and in all drawers.

Nice stay if you have a car.
    • King Suite - Smoking

Breakfast choices. wish there was some Greek yogurt

Room size

Clean rooms

My stay was pleasant and enjoyable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator had leftover pizza from the prior guests and the coffee maker still had the used filter inside.

The staff was very friendly and kind.

there was an altercation in the room next door in the middle...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

there was an altercation in the room next door in the middle of the night

very pleasant
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was very comfortable, staff very friendly and helpful

Very good
    • King Suite - Smoking

Parking was a little far away

Very comfortable

The staff were very friendly and helpful

The roaches

The eggs were delicious but it was roaches in the bathroom so I had to switch rooms

It was nice

Every thing

The breakfast was amazing
    • King Suite - Smoking

the long walk to parking lot

The breakfast was amazing

It was ok wasn’t very happy there
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The floor I was on smelled like marijuana

The manager was friendly and helpful

Breakfast was excellent.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the parking options and I had to request housekeeping during my stay.

Breakfast was excellent.

Busy due to an event, parking and arrival was difficult.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Busy due to an event, parking and arrival was difficult.

Pleasant stay and probably do it again

Leaving the lot Sunday morning

Enjoy the stay

Good clean hotel with good facilities.

parking was not easy

great room with all necessities

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything. The location, breakfast and staff was mediocre at best.

Nothing. The hotel needs a facelift and a deep cleaning

Maid service
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Things were broken in the room ..... coffee maker, etc.

Maid service

Excellent place to stay if you don't worry about your budget
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Price is a bit high for me but it quality does meet the cost.

Excellent front desk service, very comfortable and clean place to stay.

Excellent will use again

Location and Bria was excellent . Great staff

Get location, walking distance for shopping and restaurants.

Great place

Like manager welcome 5-7 pm Great size room ...suite Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Toni, at the desk is simply an amazing and beautiful person.

Everything was lovely.

Toni, at the desk is simply an amazing and beautiful person.

The Best Weekend Ever
    • King Suite - Smoking

Not enough waffle makers..

Everything was wondering.. The front desk agent was excellent her name I think was LaSherta.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

best time ever

everything

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Excelente

Wi-Fi a bit weak

Staff extremely kind. Excelente breakfast and happy hour making cost/benefit extremely nice. Easy to park in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

It's a good choice to live in this hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The location is little bit far away from the dowetown

The type of the room is pretty good and big. The room is very clean and the bed is comfortable.

Ms. G
    • King Suite - Smoking

The room smelled like old cigarettes and the windows were dirty with spots, no liners was in the trash cans none of them

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

They was very nice and they made things good for my mother

They was very nice and they made things good for my mother

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Picture on wall was crooked

Picture on wall was crooked

The microwave and kitchen smelled of burnt food.
    • King Suite - Smoking

The microwave and kitchen smelled of burnt food. The carpet smelled of cigarettes