Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown 3 stars

423 West 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA

#48 of 69 hotels in Salt Lake City

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The couch and chair were a little hard to sit on.

Staff was very accommodating, the free breakfast was a huge bonus and saved us a ton of time. Pleanty of food not just a hard bagel and some coffee. one bedroom suite was very nice and roomy.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pillows were awful they would go very flat when you put your head on them. They charged my card multiple times ($663) when it was only supposed to cost me ($293)causing me overdraft fees. Will be calling today to get my money back.

Breakfast was great. Rooms were nice.

• King Studio

Pay parking only, no towels outside by jacuzzi during our stay

Pool, jacuzzi hours, room size, comfy bed, full kitchen and sitting area, delicious complimentary breakfast, extended weekend breakfast hours

• King Studio

Laundry facilities were being remodeled, so we were unable to use them

Food was wonderful, enjoyed the cocktail hour. Room was cozy, and friendly helpful staff

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We felt the room could've had one more chair to sit in to make it more comfortable while talking about our conference.

The room was perfect for making us feel comfortable. The breakfast and dinners were fantastic!

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room wasn’t cleaned to what I would have expected. There were womens dirty underwear hanging in the closet. The pool wasn’t as clean as I expected it to be and there was no parking available the first night there other then a few handicap spots and I paid cash for parking. The pricing was very high and I don’t think I will stay here again.

The men at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was good.

• King Studio

Swimming pool was closed.

The suite we stayed in was AMAZING!!! Small kitchen was equipped with all the dishes and utensils. Space in the room as great. Definitely planning to stay here again.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I wasn't super impressed by the hot tub area. It felt isolated and a bit dark. It might be more inviting during the day.

Staff were incredibly helpful and very welcoming. We were stranded in Salt Lake City due to a flight cancellation. They gave us a room with a great view, toothbrushes and dinner recommendations. We could easily walk to many attractions and the TRAX line for public transit. The breakfast had fresh fruit and non-carb options. The happy hour was enormous and had beer, wine, cheese, fresh fruit and soup. We were amazed!

Pay for underground parking..$10

Spacious and clean. The decor was simple and elegant. Breakfast was great and it was nice to have fresh fruit. The beds were comfortable and perfect!

• King Studio

Location is very near to downtown (walkable) and accessible to public transport. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The 5pm-7pm (Monday-Thursday) free drinks and food are really good. You don't even need to go out for dinner after these happy hours. Gym in very good. The pool wasn't open when we were there, but the jacuzzi was. Laundry facility is available (big plus if you have kids and staying longer) Hotel has been completely renovated so every thing is new. A great place to stay if you are planning a skiing trip because the hotel location is just 45 minutes out from all the ski resorts. For skiers with kids, if you have a 5th or 6th grader, he/she can ski for free. Visit Ski Council Utah to get your pass. It allows the students to ski at all the ski resorts for free (well, you pay $35 first to get the pass)

• King Studio - Non-Smoking Disability Access

I didn't like that there was construction going on right in the room above us on a Saturday. It would have been nice to know in advance. It woke my daughter's up from their naps and I was very upset with this.

The full size room was great and having a separate bedroom was a nice touch as a parent with kids. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful as well.

• King Studio

The hotel has not been able to give me a correct receipt for my stay for the room and tax charges. They told me that I have to get this from Booking.com. Booking.com says "No" I must get it from the hotel. The charges showed up from the hotel on my credit card account. The hotel also charged me more than the reservation confirmation. They did give me the correct receipt for food items that I purchased, but for nothing else. As a business traveler, we need our receipts to submit for reimbursement. The fact that the front desk staff seems clueless, about how to handle a Booking.com reservations is alarming. I never had this problem before. Still waiting for it to be resolved. Booking.com customer service staff had to call them. They do not have a restaurant or room service. However, there are several really nice ones available within walking distance and the hotel shop sells food items you can prepare in your room. The hotel front desk gave me some recommendations and were very helpful.

My first time staying in a Homewood Suites. The room was very large, had a kitchen with stove, refrigerator, cooking utensils, etc. Bed was super comfortable. Fast and free wifi, and the free breakfast buffet was more than sufficient. If I was staying longer or with my family, this type of room would have been awesome. As a single traveler... it was very, very nice.

No issues.

I found the staff to be wonderful, management should be be grateful for the effort the front of house employees go to to make their guests at home. Homewood is at the end of the street, (pioneer park) in comparison to other hotels with regard to location. If your uncomfortable about the homeless i suggest you find somewhere else to stay. Myself I happily walked around the district and up to the CBD without any issues. I could not believe the size of my room, more like an apartment than a hotel room, stove, refrigerator cutlery etc. Good breakfast available. Undercover parking

• King Studio

Probably the only thing was figuring out how to get into the parking garage. Took me a good minute how to do it.

We stayed when the place was just recently renovated and it was so clean, quiet and comfortable for the price we paid!

• King Studio

Bed was a harder than what we are used to. Breakfast and dinner were average for free food.

Very comfortable, clean, and newly remodeled. Great access to so many things to do in the area.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking Disability Access

The property is in an area close to local transport but unfortunately there are a number of shelters for the homeless nearby and the homeless tend to congregate in the park and on the sidewalks.

• King Studio

Only issue I experienced was having to pay $10 per night for parking and people being loud in the pool early in the morning. Like 2 am.

I love the room. I love that the kitchen comes fully equipped with pans and dishes to use

• King Studio

Breakfast catering needs attention- with high occupancy they ran out of food, crockery and had some disgruntled customers one morning. Situation was fixed the next day.

Monday to Thursday Happy Hour great idea.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

It is not really related to the hotel, or it is not their fault, but it is good to know that the nearby park has some "strange" and homeless people. We had no problem with them though.

The receptionist was very helpful upon our early arrival and arranged to get the room ready in about 40 mins. She even suggested great things to do in SLC. The suite was good, we had everything that we needed, and even had the chance to try the pool on the 3rd floor with great view of downtown SLC at night. The breakfast was good and there is free coffee served all day at the reception. The downtown is close, it is even possible to reach it on foot in about 20 mins, or walk 10 mins and catch a public bus free of charge in the downtown area. SLC itself was very beautiful, we will surely come back.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking Disability Access

I was charged 26 dollars and they didn't tell me what that was for and they left me without a receipt

The room was very spacious and the beds were very comfortable

• King Studio

I requested a room with a view when booking, the hotel did not give us one upon arrival we had to request it when the first room they gave us was right above the swimming pool they did give us a room viewing the park but it was limited because there was some kind of Awning or another building in the way. The second room had we had to call the front desk twice because the room next to us was a bunch of younger people partying and drinking after the second knock on the door they did quiet it down but not completely. The hotel said the parking was Secure and you could not enter without a key not true anyone can just walk in off the street you can't get to the hotel from the elevator but you can walk straight into the parking garage, upon leaving there was two homeless men down there sitting in front of my car drinking alcohol to me that's not secure and from what I gather the garage is shared with other businesses in the area. Last but not least there were 6 unfamiliar charges to the hotel on our bank statement on two of our credit cards when they should only used one,they could only explain one of charges and if the other five charges were pending they would most likely be taken of they were on our bank statement but yet they weren't on the hotel's computer and nobody could really explain,the pending charges are still on there.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We received some extra charges, and we don't even know what they were for.

I loved that our suite had a bedroom, so we could sleep separately from the kids.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Not really any complaints. Very nice stay.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The beds are super comfortable. I really liked being on the 3rd floor and having convenient access to the outdoor space.

• King Studio

When arrived after 5pm, checked in & went up to our suite, entered room to find our bed unmade. Had to go to the front desk to ask to have the bed made, and wait in the lobby while housekeeping made the bed.

Suite, slept 4, kitchenette in room. Nice breakfast in the morning

• King Studio - Non-Smoking Disability Access

Toaster was broken. Screen door falling off. Dishwasher was broke. Then I didn't like that the customer service desk told me seeming I didn't complain sooner they couldn't do much for me, then just offered a $20 dollar credit when their sign mentioned if you are not completely satisfied they would provide a full refund.

Large bed. Stove top. Freezer with ice. Cable TV and internet. Balcony

• King Studio

Concierge was nice but never told us wifi information even though free wifi is advertised. You have to pay for hotel parking. Staff did not man the breakfast buffet so at 845am they were out of plates and half of the food.

The room was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• King Studio

The facilities were undergoing renovation. Park across the street is filled with homeless and not safe.

Pool was great and front desk staff were very nice. Rooms were very nice.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

So many items wrong with this place! #1 - location is terrible, across from a park full of bums camping out and even living on the median divide down the street! #2 - front desk admitted that google maps directs you to the parking garage aroundthe corner and not the hotel - we drove by it once and were still in denial 2nd time around. Why doesnt hotel management call Google and fix it? #3 - no restaurants or anything in the vicinity and you'd be scared to walk anywhere around there anyway. #4 - the free breakfast was the worst I've ever had and i usually like Homewood Suites! Room was without any ambience or windows, food was half cooked - the egg mcmuffins were so salty i had to throw it out and my husband said he couldn't bite into his. Bananas were plentiful but so bruised and over-ripe you wouldn't even make banana bread out of them - I've never seen anything like it! #5 - lobby was under construction so you had to take 2 sets of elevators. #6 - the parking garage was around the corner and the iron gate came down like a guilitine i guess to be fast enough to keep out the bums. All and all the worst value for my money in recent times and certainly not up to Homewood Suites standards by any stretch of the imagination.

The bed and pillows were comfortable. Kitchen was nice.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Across the street from the park, many homeless there. Also, even though booking.co. said parking was included they said they stopped that in January and charged us an additional fee.

Easy to walk to the store, restaurant, etc right downtown

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff gave differing stories of how to pay and that was difficult since we planned on splitting costs. The location was a little rough.

Rooms were clean and nice. The updates look like they will be awesome.

• King Studio

Didn't like I couldn't get anyone to answer the front desk, had to call several times. Didn't like no ice bucket in the room and when I finally got ahold of the front desk, she said it should be in my room and if it wasn't then, they don't have anymore. Didn't like that there was no info regarding the internet or wifi anywhere in the room and had to call the front desk again without an answer several times. When I finally had access to the internet, it wouldn't work.

Liked the room was clean when we got there, bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Located in a heavily populated homeless area with homeless shelter across the street....didn't feel like we could walk anywhere as people were everywhere all day. Park nearby looked nice but full of homeless. We mostly traveled from the hotel out of the area so it was okay for us. From what we were told, the shelter is being split into 4 areas so population should become less in this particular area.

Breakfast was great with a fresh fruit bar....not the usual whole apple/oranges/bananas and no way to cut them. Room was comfortable and roomy.....bonus was kitchen but we were not there to use it. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• King Studio

1. Front Desk Staff was not helpful and only issued one key without asking and didn't notice until was in our room. He should have asked especially due to the difficulty in the construction and down to front desk. 2. Under construction and was not notified and we got lost in the stairways and not very clear directions from rooms to lobby, etc. And it looked horrible. And even if they would have gone above and beyond to notify or help it would have been okay but lack of care or service just made it worse. 3. Sound - could hear the room above us louder than any other hotel room. 4. Old Mexican food was left in the fridge and it smelt bad when entered the room. 5. Location is nice central area but then noticed it was close to homeless population and lines and so leery for walking and also our view.

Good spacious rooms.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Currently, the hotel is under renovation, which makes it a challenge to get around, and the breakfast is in a conference room. The breakfast selection was nothing special. Additionally, the manager's reception (light appetizers and free beer/wine) occurs only Monday through Thursday.

The view of downtown, especially at night, was beautiful. This hotel is also within walking distance to downtown.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

They ran out of food, the construction was awful, they started charging for parking, we have stayed there twice a year for the past 9 years and will not be returning. The parking, the big breakfasts were bonuses for us and that didn't happen this year. They charged way to much for the inconveniences!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• King Studio

Att det pågick en renovering av hotellet. Alla hemlösa i närheten av hotellet,

Trevlig personal, bra frukost och wifi. Gratis buss och spårvagn. Parkering i garage men det kommer kosta 10 dollsr natten snart.

• King Studio - Smoking

The room smelled horrendously of cigarette smoke and the air conditioner was faulty. Way too hot and uncomfortable in the room.

Big fridge and freezer

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

First night we had to stay in a smoking room. Management was very apologetic and even gave us a basket of snacks.

Free breakfast was really good. Staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• King Studio - Smoking

I did miss room service due to not many places to eat around the hotel. I couldn't find any place that delivered. A little to close to the homeless shelter and pioneer park.

i loved the feel of home I had at this establishment. The price was decent and the place was very clean. Oh and yes the bed was very comfy.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Studio

The breakfast was confusing and pretty gross. The eggs were watery and bacon was super saturated in grease. The watermelon was almost grey it was so old. I stuck to stuff that wasn't prepared. Yogurt, muffins, cereal, bananas.

Bed was comfy and they added little features that make you feel like your back at home.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel is older and while most of it has been updated, our room could have used a bit of TLC. That said, it was clean and comfortable and we would definitely stay again.

The staff were outstanding! Everyone was super friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was tasty and the evening nibbles were substantial and yummy. The suites are perfect for families traveling with children.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• King Studio

The lovend seat in our room (316) needed a good cleaning.

The "continental " breakfast was no continental breakfast, it was phenomenal. LIKE something you'd pay for in a restaurant.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• King Studio

The only negative I can think of is the following. We booked one night and decided that we liked the property and the area so much that we'd stay for another. Upon leaving the property for dinner, we extended our stay for another night with the front desk. I receive a call the next day from the property asking if and when we would be checking out as the location was sold out. I explained the above situation. The manager called me back and we were able to stay another night. It was a small hiccup but, they made it right.

We LOVED this property. Large rooms with full fridge/freezer and stove. Comfy beds. Tasty breakfast with lots of choices! On weeknights, small dinner is included although, staff didn't inform us about it :( If you stay on floor 3, your patio door goes right to the pool/spa/roof overlook area. The roof area gives a nice view of the city. Free underground parking. Location is great and within walking distance to shopping, bars, and resturaunts. It was a good value for the money.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel is across street from park that has some homeless population. With police presence in area and walking during daytime hours, we felt safe and did not have or witness any incidents.

King suite room set-up was great. Well equipped kitchenette. Separate living area and bedroom. Room clean, quiet. Underground free parking with 24 hr security. Police sub-station next door. Front office staff very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Easy walk to restaurants, shopping and Temple Square.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We ended up having an emergency trip to primary children's while we were staying at the hotel. The hotel staff was very courteous and concerned for our well being and very helpful. Would love to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The location of the hotel is not in a good area and not close to the sights we wanted to see.

We liked the space in the room that included a sitting room and kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The location of this property is caddy corner from the homeless shelter and literally hundreds of homeless people day and night. It made us feel uneasy and thankfully they had a security guard.

Nice Rooftop Pool, Amenities and Staff even when we came in very late at night.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-smoking - Disability Access

Room freshen didn't happen one of the days even though I was out for a large part of the day.

As a single female traveler, I felt safe and well looked after. The small but thoughtful features of a mini-mart and evening snacks were great.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

There were a lot of homeless people in the area. Which made it feel like a less disirable part of SLC. They didn't bother me, but I know they did some of the guests.

The staff were very helpful in helping us get around and recommending places to eat.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• King Studio

Sofa bed was so bad that I had to resort to cushions covered with blanket on the floor Location a bit rough Could not get pool towels Kitchenette needs cleaning supplies

Spacious suite comfy king bed Great breakfast and light dinner Big fridge Nice pool Friendly , helpful staff

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

There are two homeless shelters within a block of the location, and our morning view was of a large assortment who had been flushed out of the shelter in the morning and had taken up refuge in mass on the sidewalks outside. Parking garage is unsecured and many of these unfortunately suffer from mental illness and/or criminal behavior, so worried about the car and going to it.

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

• King Studio

Room was not adequate for 5 guests as booing.com said. Hotel was unwilling to help solve the bedding issue at any reasonable cost. Elevator was broken and we had to climb 7 flights of stairs. Staff was very unapologetic for the inconveniences experiences. Only ice machine was on the 4th floor.

No shuttle bus

Great property

• King Studio

Spacious room. Comfortable bed. Nice pool area. Social hour was awesome. Breakfast was delicious.

• King Studio

Front Desk clerk appeared to be talking to her boss and both ignored me for a while until they were done with their conversation.

Room was perfect.

• King Suite - Non-smoking - Disability Access

I dont like you have to pay extra for their parking.

the rooms were wonderful, and clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly.

• King Studio

Minor disrepair around the property.

• King Studio

They should arrange airport transfer like many other hotels nearby.

Staff, breakfast, welcoming bag with chocolates, room service, privacy.

• King Studio

Front desk staff were extra friendly. Everything was so new.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Excellent location for us as we like to walk. Everything we wanted to see and do was always within Walking distance

• King Studio

We liked eveything. There was nothing we didn't like.

The room was beautiful. It felt like home. Staff was extremely nice.

• King Studio

There was a lot of what sounded like construction noise from the floor above us. We were in room 335.

Room Service is very poor

Except room service all are ok..

• King Studio

Breakfast was good and the staff are really nice

Nothing special

Problems with the elevator

• King Studio - Non-Smoking Disability Access

Clean room, well presented facility. No concerns whatsoever.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact that there was no hotel shuttle to/from the airport.

The customer service was great and the room was very nice and comfortable.

• King Studio

I was overcharged for the stay. Contacted Booking and provided materials but then never heard from anyone. This feels terrible

It's okay

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn't have breakfast, but did have cup of tea. It was good. Room was comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• King Studio

Super sketchy walk from the train station. Don't do it

• King Studio

Very comfortable room and beds.

Old and tattered. Lousy lighting. Musty smell

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The beds weren't comfortable for the price we paid. I expected them to it least be tolerable.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Had to take 2 different lifts to get to the room. Live cockroach in our bedroom! Otherwise clean.

Quiet location. Comfortable beds. Spacious suite.

The Location