Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio Northwest 3 stars

4323 Spectrum One, San Antonio, TX 78230, USA

#27 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Overall I liked the cleanliness, quietness and friendliness...
    • Standard Double Suite

No response, as we pretty much liked everything during our stay.

Overall I liked the cleanliness, quietness and friendliness of the staff. Everyone made us feel very comfortable during our stay and will consider staying there again next time.

Room was nicely designed and plenty room for a family of...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Our room was not cleaned in a timely manner, we had to call to request room to be cleaned which was after 5PM

Room was nicely designed and plenty room for a family of three.

I will never stay at this location again.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The fact that I drove 5+ hours to get there then the room we paid for wasn't available and I wasn't accommodated properly. Not once did I hear from a manager. I had 2 younger children that needed to be in the suite with us but had to put them in a separate room. After them trying to solve this solution, my room was filthy. Sheets, toilets, floor. A told disgrace to Hilton!!. My vacation really wasn't a vacation because my rest was broken due to this. I'm still very furious!! Never did get breakfast, lines were way to ling. I've never had a issue with Homewood Suites but this one, terrible! Bad management or something.

Great Vacation
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The carpet was not so clean, they need to get rid of all that old outdated carpet and put down tile wooden flooring.

The room was very spacious, also the breakfast was great! The hotel did offer dinner in the evening which was cool, we didn't have to cook.

Overall the property is an excellent place to stay especially with a family.
    • Standard Double Suite

The first time you try to find the property it is a little challenging but after that it is easy to find. The traffic is really bad on the access road leading to the property and makes it kind of a challenge to get to if your not familiar with the area.

The staff was all very friendly and courteous. Breakfast was reall;y good especially the waffles. Rooms were a good size, clean, and the layout was perfect for what we were looking for on this particular trip.

Then Check-in was non-problematic and the front desk staff...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The property was fantastic. I only wish that I could have gotten Hilton Rewards credit for my stay, but since I used Booking.com to book my stay that wasn’t possible. No big deal.

Then Check-in was non-problematic and the front desk staff was friendly and polite. The room itself was very spacious and very clean. I was only there for one night, but if I had to stay there for a longer period all the included amenities such as a large refrigerator, stove top and microwave would have made stay quite comfortable. It was the equivalent of a mini-apartment. The hotel was also very close to numerous shopping centers and great restaurants. I would stay there again without hesitation.

I loved it. When i go back to San Antonio, iam staying there again.
    • Standard Double Suite

I did not liked the pool, i think it was a little small for the amount of people that we were staying, we had to wait our turn.

i liked the breakfast, i also liked the rooms, they are real spacious, and real quiet.

My 3 grand kids loved the pool. They kept saying how much fun they had. We loved our stay here.
    • Standard Double Suite

I honestly can't think of anything we didn't like. The staff made sure we had a wonderful time. Thanks!

The staff was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly This was our first time staying at a Homewood Suites and I will definitely stay here again. The location was great. Close to every thing. We can't wait to come back.

Home away from home
    • Standard Double Suite

The only negative that I can think of is that the beds were a little bit hard for me. But that is more of a personal preference.

Where to begin. The experience started with check in. They were very courteous and helpful. I had my granddaughter with me and they informed me that there was a box of toys and that she was welcome to get one. The room was spacious and very clean. The pool was very nice and they have bbq areas around it if you choose to bbq. Our housekeeper was very nice and was very thorough in her cleaning. The breakfast was very filling with lots of variety to meet everyone’s desire. The 24 hour coffee in the lobby was always hot and fresh. Check out was very quick and polite as well.

The staff at breakfast made sure breakfast food was...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Chose this place for kitchen and the refrigerator had to be disconnected as it was making a loud noise. Wound up keeping food in cooler. No other rooms were available for switching.

The staff at breakfast made sure breakfast food was replenished quickly.

The hotel is very nice, but the staff can get a little more training in customer service
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I had prepaid for my room thru the hotel and by the time that I arrived the staff gave my double bed room away. After arguing with them for 15min and asked how they were going to accommodated me , they finally gave in and give me my double bed room that I original paid for in the beginning. I drove from Dallas Texas (4+hrs) and I felt they wasted my time when all I wanted to do was relax after a long drive of sitting in all the bad traffic in Austin Texas

The hotel gave a apartment feel , and was very clean.

The perfect getaway.
    • Standard Double Suite

I can't think of anything negative to say.

The breakfast was delicious and the room with kitchenette was perfect. The beds and pillows were nice and soft.

Horrible Staff
    • Standard Double Suite

They gave away half our rooms since we used booking.com they stated that using this website was not a guarantee of a room . Although I booked in advance I arrived and they tried to give me a different room from what I booked .. My dance family had about 120 people with us and at least 40 of us had trouble with getting our rooms and being told that our rooms was giving away since we booked 3rd party ... I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone

A BEAUTIFUL HOTEL ~ GREAT ROOMS ~ WONDERFUL BREAKFAST!

OUR STAY WAS GREAT!

We stayed in a KING SUITE ~ a fully equipped kitchen ~ big den ~ a TV in the den and in the bedroom ~ and EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN ~ the staff was very friendly & helpful & the BREAKFAST WAS OUTSTANDING ~ will definitely stay at HOMEWOOD ~ SAN ANTONIO again! :-)

Everything was great but only issue we had was the elevator...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Everything was great but only issue we had was the elevator breaking down and having to pack a newborn and belongings up and down the stairs. Other than that loved it

Would stay here again!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Traffic, the beds are not soft at all.

Breakfast was good and the staff was super nice. Unless you are use to the busy traffic, you will not like going out the hotel

Nice suite that exceeded my expectations. It was clean and spacious.
    • Standard Double Suite

There was tea packages but no honey. There is no self serve laundry facility. The kitchen floor was sticky.

The room was like a little apartment equipped with all the necessities.

Spacious rooms, full kitchen awesome, comfortable bed. Not far from downtown only a 10 min drive
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The room was very spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was awesome and the bed was comfortable. The staff very friendly and helpful will definitely be staying here again.

Nice stay... will return
    • Standard Double Suite

The sofa bed smelled like urine. It was a very strong smell. Please change the mattress.

I really liked the room’s layout. Staff was very courteous. Great breakfast

Well located family hotel.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We stayed from 28 Dic to 2 Jan and comply to the necesary for having our room cleaned Jan 1rst. That morning we met with the cleaning lady in the elevator and asked for replacements of our amennities, which she did BUT DID NOT CLEAN the suite. Also during all our staying NEVER CLEANED the garbage baskets. Small fruit selection for breakfast.

Nice receptions staff. Nice suite we got.

Overall, things were tolerable
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I looked out my bedroom window and saw..a brick wall 😑 The bathroom wasn't the clean that I expected, I personally have a bathroom phobia so we went out and bought bleach and bleach wipes and cleaned, as well as the the kitchen, and thank goodness we picked up dishwashing liquid. All of that before we could shower. Also, A PROBLEM I find with most hotels is that, your asked how many are in your party when you book, yet there is never an extra blanket, or a few extra towels or soap etc..why are you asking?

The bed was WONDERFUL, available channels were ok, the check in guy was nice and informative. Everytime I saw him he was interacting with guests, giving info on tourist attractions etc He even informed me that some how I was booked for 2 rooms with identical request and helped me cancel so that I would not be double charged! The complaints I do have, definitely have nothing to do with him. He was GREAT! I checked in on 12/1/17 after 6p

It was really a worthwhile stay worthy for the money spent.
    • Standard Double Suite

There is absolutely nothing I didn’t like in the hotel; but If I must say... I didn’t like that We couldn’t stay more time to enjoy ourselves... we are seriously looking forward to returning very soon.

The hotel is best fit for business, privacy and leasure. I love everything about it.

You get more for your money!
    • Standard Double Suite

Breakfast was over a little early. I couldn't find anywhere on the website that listed the times. We came down to eat at 10, and were told they got done at 9:30

The staff was very nice. And the suite was roomy. Plenty of room for 4 people.

we were only there for one night but would stay there again. clean & quiet!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

breakfast was just *meh*. staff were hard to flag down even though they were moving throughout the breakfast area. waffle batter ran out and it took longer than necessary to get one of them to replace it. the sausage wasn't very good and our eggs were cold. the seating for breakfast was great but the space allotted for food was much too crowded and confusing. i heard someone say that this is a brand new property -- if that is true it would be great to see management make arrangements for a larger, more accommodating breakfast area. the other thing we noticed was that there didn't seem to be any cookies in the evening. it's been a while since we stayed at a Homewood but in the past, all of our Homewood stays have included fresh cookies in the evening -- we missed that little touch at this property....not sure if they have done away with it completely, or if we just didn't have that option at this particular hotel.

the bed was great, very comfortable and a *real* king, not just a large queen. loved having USB outlets everywhere. front desk service was responsive and friendly. our room was simple but clean and quiet.

It was descent but not enjoyable to stay because they do not hold your rooom ...
    • Standard Double Suite

That they cant hold your room if you use other pagea like booking that really upset me because we had a one bed when we asked for 2

The family and friendly it is ...

Outstanding!!!!

Everything was excellent!!!

I really loved the comfort of the facility. It makes you feel like you're at home. I also loved the full kitchen. My overall stay was incredibly satisfying. I have recommended this Homewood Suites to some church members,family and friends. I will be returning for another visit.

The property was really pretty.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Stayed for three nights and our sheets weren't changed once.

The property was really pretty. Cute little pool area and the suite reminded me of a mini apartment. Great breakfast! Nice staff. Really cozy.

They call us the same day to change the room because they...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

They call us the same day to change the room because they were having plumbing problems, we booked a two bed and they gave us a king size, they said there were going to send a voucher for us to use another day for the inconvinience,but they didnt. But the stuff and hotel were great.

We had a good time in San Antonio.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

When we ask for a remote we didn't get it until we ask again. The pool was a little small or maybe every body wanted to swim at the same time.

Coffee was't the best. There should be other meats at breakfast.

Best family hotel to get more bang for your buck.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

There were no complaints from us.

The room was excellent. Like a small 2 bedroom apt. Included plates, cups, and cutlery. They even had Italian food available the 1st night... for free. Not the best (it was okay kids loved it), but did I say free. Everyone was friendly. If they are all like this, it will be my hotel of choice for traveling with kids. Love it!!!

Everything was very convenient and super kid friendly.
    • Standard Double Suite

Only thing is I would have liked bacon for breakfast lol.

Everything was very convenient and super kid friendly. The pool was great my kids enjoyed it. The breakfast was the best part of my stay. I almost didn't want to go back home.

We have been staying at this hotel for 8 years and the...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We have been staying at this hotel for 8 years and the updating was great. Everyone at this particular has always been friendly and extremely helpful. We can't say enough good things about this location.

Great for larger families, clean and comfortable and...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Courtyard very noisy with basketball playing after dark, the way the rooms wrap around it could be noisy if you are located near it

Great for larger families, clean and comfortable and breakfast was excellent. Great value.

Very nice
    • Standard Double Suite

Breakfast was crowed. It was hard to get to the food at times. That is tonbe expected during busy times though. Getting out of the parking lot and onto I-10 could be a hassle but again it is right off the highway and expected to be busy

I was very impressed with the staff. Everyone we had contact with were professional and courteous.

Comfortable family atmosphere.
    • Standard Double Suite

The blankets had hair on them and had stains. I think the sheets and bedding should be laundered better. But overall the cleanliness was adequate.

The staff was very welcoming and pleasant. I liked the breakfast choices. When we needed items, they responded immediately. It was a comfortable place.

Excellent value.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The room was very large, and the kitchen had everything needed. The breakfast was excellent and more than normally included with the room. There was also a social hour in the evening when a light dinner buffet was served.

2k17 Family Vacation
    • Standard Double Suite

House keepers didn't put enough of towels out we had to keep looking for them and even though they gave us more we still had to go find them

It was nice and very clean staff was great and very helpful I will most definitely come there again

The room was nice.
    • Standard Double Suite

I've NEVER booked a room where if I pay cash, I also had to have my credit card charged also. That's double payment but my card would be credited after a few days. As much as we travel, I'll NEVER book again.

The room was nice. I enjoyed the kitchen area.

Loved my stay
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

I cant say of one bad thing

THE staff was unbelievable nice and accommodating! Not just one but each and every one of them! I do recommend that if you go to bed before 10pm to not stay by the pool. Our last night we had some folks standing outside our windows drinking and smoking and we could hear them. One phone call to the front desk and it was resolved. These folks took your comfort levels seriously and went above and beyond for the guest!

Very comfy clean beds, our stay was very comfortable and relaxing!

The water in the pool was icy cold for us adults but,the kids absolutely loved it. They had no issues with it ;)

We loved that the waffles were shaped like Texas! Lol And the double bedroom suite was very nice and comfortable.

Highly recommended to all
    • Standard Double Suite

Complementary breakfast and dinner were great as well as the suite very clean and organized. Look for the warm cookies at the front desk they are excellent. Pool was very clean and well maintenance.

Homewood Suites is is rated first class.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Can't think of anything right now.

The room was large and comfortable, and well-equipped for a stay of several days, including the kitchen. Staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet good and with a large number of choices. Also we liked the availability of coffee at all times.

Family friendly and fun
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The hotel was great but the traffic was terrible trying to get over and get to the hotel was a challenge

The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good and having an dinner setting in the evening until 7 was great along with the wine and beer.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

It was good other than the issue of not having bedding for all 3 beds
    • Standard Double Suite

Didn't have enough bedding to accommodate all 3 sleeping areas. Reason given was because the hotel was full and they were out.

Close to the park and convenient

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Highly recommended
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

During breakfast, it was too crowded. We couldn't sit in the eating area. The area for food is small, so not convenient when so many people at one time trying to get or make their breakfast. But overall, the food was good

It was very clean. Staff was polite and friendly. The bed was so comfy. Very convenient to the places we were going

Overall a nice stay
    • Standard Double Suite

The room we reserved was sold out by the time we arrived (didn't know they could do that) so we ended up in a smaller room. When I was booking, the smaller room was about $19 cheaper than the room I booked, however, no adjustment was made to the price when I ended up with the smaller room anyway. I still paid the price of the larger room. That didn't seem right to me at all.

The room was great. Very tastefully furnished and decorated. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

It was very clean
    • Standard Double Suite

On breakfast they take too long for refill it. I couldn't prepare my food the way i like it. Also on the cookies the guy on the front desk, told my kids was only 1 per person. I ask for xtra towels, it took more than 30 min to send it, i went to the front desk to get it quicker and again the guy told us, that he don't have any towel with him so i have to wait 10 more minutes for a guy (that was on lunch) to give us the towels.

It was very clean

Over-the-Top Stay!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

No complaints. It was a wonderful experience!

This hotel was over-the-top! The room was very clean, well decorated and felt like your personal, warm apartment (not a hotel room). The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Lots of really nice eating places close by. Perfect location!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Extra large suite!

had nothing to not like

Extra large suite!! very comfortable beds. Good location close enough but far enough to downtown. Good breakfast. Liked the availability of dark roast coffee

The room was amazing great design.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Coffee wasn't the best and got to breakfast late and it was super crowded which isn't the hotels fault at all.

The room was amazing great design. Staff took care of us and had a great stay. Tommy helped us get our rooms situated quickly and easily. I really enjoyed the stay

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

This visit was an okay stay but, I've stayed at their other locations and they were much better.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Location advertised basketball court but,there wasn't one available. The rooms were much smaller than other locations we have stayed but paid the same price. Tv cable continued to shut off and on.

The lobby was warm and inviting. Food was freshly made daily.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Very comfortable, good value. Was under renovation, but that wasn't too inconvenient.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Getting to rooms was a bit difficult and messy with restoration underway, but overall not too bad

Really nice, clean, comfortable room; breakfast was decent; location and price

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Remodeling was amazing in such a short time.
    • Standard Double Suite

There wasn't anything I could complain about other than the remote for the bedroom didn't work properly.

Remodeling was amazing in such a short time.If I had the money to be able to live there I would.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The suite was very clean and nicely furnished.
    • Standard Double Suite

The suite was very clean and nicely furnished.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The staff was very accommodating

The staff was very accommodating

Overall a good place.
    • Standard Double Suite

Few kitchen supplies were missing. Provided by the front desk subsequently.

Overall staff was good and front desk staff was extremely good.

Awesome place to stay
    • Standard Double Suite

everything was really nice the suit was really comfortable ... the breakfast was awsome I will recommend this hotel.

Everything was awesome

Everything was awesome

Tommy at check-in was great.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Tommy at check-in was great. I had the privilege of interacting with him throughout our stay and he was pleasant every time.

The restroom had a few stains but nothing big.
    • Standard Double Suite

The restroom had a few stains but nothing big. Beds were a little too small for us but we worked it out.

Best hotel ive ever stayed on
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Good suite with its private bedroom..loved it

Great room for the price
    • Standard Double Suite

The smell as you walked in the room and the super soft beds.

The different rooms, the kitchen, roomy, everyone was friendly.

The property was clean and in a great location.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The property was clean and in a great location.

Got there late beds weregreat. Very clean room
    • Standard Double Suite

Wish we could have gotten a very late checkout since we didn't get there till extremely late.

Rooms are very nice

Excellent. I loved it and will come back

Size of tv

Loved the basketball court. Loved the room and breakfast. Loved the location.

Clean and spacious!
    • Standard Double Suite

So hot in hall way and elevators.

Clean and spacious!

The suites is great.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The suites is great. Spacious. It has everything.

It was a good experience to stay at the hotel.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

The rooms were a bit small. And the laundry room was far away from our room

Beds we’re comfortable.

It was ok but the front desk was rude and had an attitude
    • Standard Double Suite

Tommy in the front desk is rude

Loved the beds

The room is very spacious.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The room is very spacious. We loved our stay and will definitely use Homewood suites when we travel again.

Clean room and great breakfast.

Small pool

Clean room and great breakfast. Friendly staff

It is a wonderful experience and a good place to stay.
    • Standard Double Suite

It is a wonderful experience and a good place to stay.

All good

All good

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

Everything was great other that not getting the room i paid...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Requested a king suite and ended up with two full beds. Thar wasn't cool.

Everything was great other that not getting the room i paid for.