Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar 3 stars

11025 Vista Sorrento Parkway, Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA 92130, USA

#37 of 226 hotels in San Diego

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Breakfast was good... could use another waffle maker lines get long. Room was a fair price for the quality of room. Had a nice view of pool... quiet on the 4th floor.

• Queen Studio Suite

Wifi, even the premium (paid version) was extremely slow. It was like 1mb Download/350 kbps Upload, could barely use it for the simplest of tasks.

GREAT staff!

• King Studio with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Did not serve bacon for breakfast, a staple for every breakfast meal in my opinion. Coffee was way too strong. But every thing else was delicious.

Suite felt like home

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Property was great my upstairs neighbors were anything but that's not the property's fault

Suite was spacious, bed was very comfortable, abd had a view to the pool

• One-Bedroom King Suite

While we really appreciated that our stay included free breakfast and dinner, the quality of the food wasn't great and sometimes food that was supposed to be hot was cold.

The room was a little small but we liked the layout. There was a sitting room, with a pullout bed that our son was able to use, and a small but well apportioned kitchen. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and attentive and quick to respond to any issues. We also enjoyed the outdoor hot tub. This hotel is a pretty good value for the area and had all of the amenities we were looking for.

• Queen Studio Suite

Expensive hotel for what it gives to you. The rooms are ok and has a small pool and Jacuzzi outside, nothing outstanding. Called twice to say that we were arriving late at night and when we did, the guy was not aware of us and could not find our reservation. The breakfast was nice but nothing you couldn't find in a cheapest hotel.

• Queen Studio Suite

The location for me was great. The size of the room is wonderful, the free breakfast is nice, and the price of the hotel I’ll make it worth coming back each time. The staff is so friendly!

• Queen Studio Suite

It is a beautiful property in the hills of Del Mar 😍 Extremely clean grounds, lobby and the room. Large room with sofa, kitchenette, bathroom (sliding door, large shower area) and very comfortable bed!! The breakfast was delicious and the staff were always attentive. They replenished every breakfast item as it was consumed (eggs, sausage, French toast, waffles, fresh juices, fruits, cereals, etc) 😋 I would give this property a 20. It is also minutes from a local dispensary 🙌🏾 I will definitely go back and stay here again. Every time I’m in SD, I’m staying here. Great price too!! 💯

• Queen Studio Suite

The room size was bigger in comparable hotels that we stayed in. An oven was missing in the kitchen.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was clean and quite. The breakfast was very tasty. Plenty parking spaces.

• Queen Studio Suite

Couldn't sleep because of very loud a.c. unit outside of my window. also hairdryer and oulet in bathroom not working.

Beautiful, lovely staff, yummy food

• Queen Studio Suite

The customer service was very poor. The workers were treating me as if I was a thief because the lady who checked me in did it wrong. The manager slid my card more than 4 times for different amounts and my card ended up closing down. The customer service lady kept saying out loud your card was decline as if I did something wrong. When I look further into it I see that the hotel staff did something wrong. No apologize was given or even anything complimentary. Felt I was treated very unfair and not wanted there. Please be aware if you stay at this hotel. The staff who checks you in are rood and not welcoming to certain races and cultures. I will never come there again.

• Queen Studio Suite

The room was excellent, very comfortable, spacious, clean and quiet. While we were there the Coaster was not running so the staff worked extra hard to work out public transportation for us.

• Queen Studio Suite

Two different car alarms went off in the middle of the night and went on for several minutes. Some of the breakfast offerings were cold or overcooked. We were unable to connect to the Wi-Fi.

The staff was very friendly. We liked the free ice cream. The complimentary breakfast had a lot of variety. The room was very clean. The shower was nice.

• Queen Studio Suite

I'm so thankful for their delicious daily breakfast but the scrambled eggs were not real.

The staff was phenomenal! They were so personable and attentive during meals. The weeknight dinners were so nice! It was the best value I have ever received at a hotel.

• Queen Studio Suite

Only 2 washers for such a busy location- other guests had to circle round couple of times when doing laundry. Expanding the room and adding a few more would be ideal for this location

The staff was very helpful and attentive when asked to adjust the bathroom door and the toilet pump.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Staff was very friendly, accommodating and informative. Bed was very comfortable, shower was great. There was a variety of food for breakfast, we loved it! Overall a great experience, definitely would come back again.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Room had some area that were not cleaned fully ,garbage left in kitchen and something in drawer.

Everyone was so friendly and the hotel was beautiful,great location too!

• Queen Studio Suite

Staff were just the best. Very helpful and friendly. The hotel shuttle is very useful making it possible to do things locally without having to hire a car.

• Queen Studio Suite

We requested a crib or playpen for baby to sleep in through booking.com, the front desk said they never received this request. So, we requested one at the front desk with two different front desk clerks. Each one said there would be one in our room by night time, it never came. Better to say you don't have one available than to say one will be delivered and not delivered. Also, the carpeting felt a little dirty in the rooms.

Excellent continental breakfast. Very comfortable pillows. I did enjoy having a kitchen in our hotel room which is something that we don't usually get when we travel to California. Very nice workout room, pool, and outside patio by the pool.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Rhianna at the front desk was the star of our visit!!!! She was so friendly and helpful when asked for out of the way treasure hunting spots. I watched her make the kids that were there feel welcome and important too. I usually can't sleep well in a hotel bed but this one was better than at home! It was awesome to have breakfast and dinner to be complementary. I am an early riser that likes to spend time outside doing my prayers and Bible study each morning. There were excellent areas for this as well. Over all we loved it and will stay there again. Thank you Rhianna and all of the staff for making our trip awesome!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Rollaway bed was horribly uncomfortable my kids couldn't even sleep on it :/. The service was great overall but little things like the maid never made the sofa bed despite it being used and is having 5 people per room. The wifi kept kicking us off and making us log in at least 4-5 times per day. There were often no pool towels and we had to wait a long time to get some - so we couldn't get out of the pool when we wanted. Hot tub seemed dirty.

Master bed was super comfortable. Loved the plates and silverware. Maid did dishes which was great. Full size fridge great for families. Breakfast was great to have and dinner was convenient. Wish the hours were a bit longer. We would always miss the dinner being at legoland all day.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

We arrive 11pm on our first night and there was no dishwashing liquid and sponge. We asked from the manager on duty, he told us to come back tomorrow or just leave the dishes for housekeeping to wash the next day. We want to wash the dishes coz we needed it. The keys was not working on our first night. The towels we left on the floor on the next 2 days was not taken out. We are swimming on dirty towels on the bathroom floor. Breaks fast was good though. Other than that, there's nothing exceptional in the hotel.

Different hot breakfast each morning.

• Queen Studio Suite

I think that the Homewood are consistently excellent. The staff was kind and helpful. When they discovered it was my birthday, they sent chocolate covered strawberries to my room as a surprise. The room was exceptionally quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious (I love making waffles at the waffle bar) and the "Happy Hour" was also tasty. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Breakfast. Horrible eggs poor quality coffee nothing healthy all sweets. Dining room staff snotty and short.

Free WiFi. Good location. Suite so my daughter could have the sofa and pricacy.

• Queen Studio Suite

We had an excellent stay. Everyone was very friendly. A very clean facility. I would totally recommend it to everyone. We will definitely stay at a Homewood Suite again.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I would've liked a patio or balcony. This hotel doesnt offer any.

We loved everything! It was my partners birthday and he was impressed because Rianna left him a cinco de mayo/ birthday treat in our room. He also enjoyed the dinner reception and hot breakfast. Ms. Leticia was amazing and made sure we had everything we needed. The whole staff was amazing. The reason I stay at Homewood is because even though it often costs a little more than normal, with the amenities and stellar service, I always come out on top!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Queen Studio Suite

For 2 days of hotel I had all that I need and honesty everything was PERFECT FOR ME. THANKS.

Team members are kind. Suit super clean, all that I need is in. Quit and tranquil. Nice people. All the staff is friendly, they were super respectable and kind. Thank THEM SO MUCH.

• King Studio with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Breakfast was a big buffet and some of it changed each day. Monday through Thursday had a happy hour with free food, wine and beer, soft drinks. It was exceptional!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Breakfast was aweful!

My husband and I stayed there this past weekend and we loved this location. The staff, room, hotel was clean, but, the breakfast wasn't good at all. The coffee both mornings(Saturday and Sunday)was aweful, too strong. The oatmeal was under cooked and lumpy, eggs taste extra artificial,total disappointment to a breakfast person.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Queen Studio Suite

Unfortunately, there is no room service available.

Quite place, friendly staff, ready to cater to my every need, including sending FedEx Mail, receiving packages, etc. Bonus: coffee available at the lobby 24 hours!

• Queen Studio Suite

Breakfast was hard to get to. Meaning for the amount of people staying the space was too small. Only one waffle maker, no place to sit, and wasn't a lot of selection. The pool area is the same situation. The hot tub had a line to get in, it had brown bubbles that told me it was dirty, and not enough chairs around the small pool. The room was nice but cleaning staff didn't restock the toiletry area and had hair on the seat of the toilet. The front desk was amazing and brought stuff to us when asked, just would have been nice to have it in the room at time of check in. I asked for a room close to pool and was given a room furthest from it. For the money I expected a little more, but overall it was a nice stay if was 20 to 30 dollars less.

Staff was very friendly!!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The sofa was rather hard and a little uncomfortable. But other then that the room and our stay was fabulous.

The separate bedroom from the living room.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Studio Suite

The pool and hot tub are in the shade of the building all day. Too cold in the shade at the pool all day. This was very disappointing. You fly to Southern California in winter to enjoy the weather outdoors, sunshine and at least enjoy sitting by the pool. We could not do it here. I mention it here because we wish we knew before we booked this place.

Good Breakfasts. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location. Very clean and well maintained. Good size suites.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Laundry washer was out of service The weather was cool 😕 Bedding could be updated

Quiet neighborhood Friendly staff Good breakfast & supper 2 bedroom suite worked great for our family

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

More time there!!!

We loved our 4 days at Homewood suites!! It was quiet convenient and the staff was A++++! This was our first time staying at a Homewoods and now we will be seeking them out. This is a great facility for families. The breakfasts were excellent and Mon-Thurs they serve wonderful dinners!! Excellent value for the $$!!!!

• Queen Studio Suite

Air conditioning system in our first room was very loud. It rattled. Sounded like a low key helicopter landing. ( no joke). Slight cigarette smell in a non smoking room (308) that lingered on our clothes etc

The staff was helpful to move us to a bigger quieter room at our request Breakfast was good and nice variety. Staff was helpful and dining area kept clean. Need one more waffle maker for weekend crowds

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Kitchen and bathroom could be updated, but would certainly not put me off staying here again.

Excellent customer service. Staff very friendly and attentive. The evening food and drink was good quality which we have not seen in similar hotels. Room spacious and clean. Well done to both management and staff.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Edges of the bed were a bit broken down and the furniture had backs that were so straight up and down it was uncomfortable to sit in even though they looked stylish.

There were many breakfast items to choose from.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The only thing we didn't like was that we had to leave 😞

It's minute away from PowerPoint Park (Del Mar Beach). We took our kids and we visited all the beaches in SD. We liked PowerPoint Park (Del Mar Beach) the best. We didn't have to worry about breakfast because it was supplied. If we didn't make it back for dinner then we just cooked dinner in the room. We saved a bunch of money on food just cause we had the kitchen.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

It was pricey.

Everything was good except the price for the room. It is expensive . I liked little kitchen, breakfast was good also, nice and quiet place.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The buffet was VERY crowded in the morning but does not have a good flow to it. Food was not placed in the right positions, lots of guests walking backwards to get toast, muffins waffles, etc.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Improve your WiFi for guests electronics....

Everything......

Bananas were green

Coffee 24 hrs Clean room and halls.

• Queen Studio Suite

The pillows were AMAZING!! Excellent variety for breakfast. The staff was INCREDIBLY helpful helping us plan our itinerary.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Excellent balance

Nothing to dislike

All staff from reception desk,amazing people,always helpfull and smiling. Thank you for everything :) Natalie

• Queen Studio Suite

Awesome staff really made this place stand out. So did the continental breakfast AND dinner (on the weekdays)

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The bathroom in our room had a slow drain and a loose toilet.

The meals were very good.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Property is a little dated.

Affordable, comfortable, and wonderful amenities. Location was serene.

• Queen Studio Suite

Location, cost, staff friendliness, cleanliness

• Queen Studio Suite

Rooms & bathrooms dated, hallway smelled like smoke.

Breakfast was decent

• Queen Studio Suite

The hallways smelled BAD. Very funky smell.

Great bed, parking was great too and so was the location.

Room facilities

Service

• Queen Studio Suite

Mold on ceiling of shower

Wine reception in the evening was good.

• Queen Studio Suite

Bigger bed and better pillows

Loved the kitchen area in the room and the breakfast offered

Loud traffic noise every morning from 6-7am

Very friendly staff at check in.

Cleanliness and staff

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Hall ways had a funky smell.

• Queen Studio Suite

Broken air conditioning - no service; I was up all night

• Queen Studio Suite

For breakfast there weren't much to choose from but everything is delicious.

• Queen Studio Suite

The location was a little sacluded.

Great breakfast great staff very clean and relaxing.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Rooms need updating and maintenance broken lamps and bad smell in rooms.

bed was good

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The toilet over flowed and didn't work after that!

Booking through 3rd party Never again

Most of the things

Oropark

• Queen Studio Suite

The AC might be kind of old, it is noisy at night.

The suite is nice, the space is fair good. Breakfast is good. The staff are friendly. Easy Parking

• Executive King Suite

Could find parking- late at night.

Easy access to freeway.

came in for 1 night, and place was perfect for that. great location

• Queen Studio Suite

The whole experience with the accommodations and personnel was OUTSTANDING!

• Queen Studio Suite

Good location and liked the free breakfast.Hotel was clean and the staff very friendly.

• Queen Studio Suite

It was exceptionally quiet and the staff was extremely cordial.

Distance from front counter

New

Old fashion inner roommate

It served free breakfast and dinner. Very good!

• Queen Studio Suite

Could hear guest in the next room snoring. Staff moved me next night fortunately.

Swimming pool was heavenly.