Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown 3 stars

206 Western Avenue West, Queen Anne, Seattle, WA 98119, USA

#46 of 89 hotels in Seattle

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

It is a bit far from everything but the Space Needle and Chiluly Gardens. You have to take a cab everywhere.

The rooms are suites so there is a lot of space. It was great for 3 women traveling together. The staff was very helpful for travelers. The breakfast is outstanding.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was really nice & helpful. I was especially impressed by the manager - he clearly was helping out, active with his customers & with his staff. Setting a great tone from the top.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds were uncomfortable, I woke up with back pain each morning. We had a member of our party trip over the outside steps coming into the lobby (poor lighting and no warning like a brightly colored stair or sign). Staff did not seem very concerned and did not offer much help. We had to suggest she might need ice for her lip that was already fattening. NO offer to speak to a manager and no report was offered to be filed.

Breakfast buffet was well stocked, even when there were many people eating at the same time.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Reception offered complementary snacks this time, one of the bottled waters was already used. Bathroom door needs to be closed in order to access the shower area, was not an issue from previous stays.

This was not the first time I stayed at this hotel, but the air conditioning was a lot less noisy this time, that was an improvement from the other stays. The room was on an upper floor, less noise from the street level.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The place has literally gone to the dogs. First room we were offfered, opened door and overwhelming smell of pet urine hit us. Had to change room. Second room still had slight scent but we had no choice. Front desk person asked ya if first floor room was ok. We said yes. Well she should have asked if basement room was ok. Based on hillside location and our room, a cement block wall was our view up to 3/4 of window. And smokers stand outside it. We like window open. That didn’t work as we are non smokers. Ice maker in room broken. We asked fur a fix or ice to be brought in while we were our. Came back hours later at night to neither. We had to go up and ask for ice. They had baggies of ice made so they know they have broken machines. They should check you in and hand yoy ice, or have it in room waiting. Parking is $23 a night. But we found street parking each night

Location to everything. Good street parking to avoid hotel fee if $23/night. Great sandwiches made and Stella Market and deli cross corner from hotel.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed when first arriving bec my room was NOT at all like the picture on booking.com. I immediately went back to front desk and showed them pic of what I had "booked" and it was explained the pic was the "executive suite" and I had booked a "king suite" with a view. I am not sure if this was fault of booking.com or not. Regardless they offered to let me see the room bec the view was not really a "view" like the king suite had. Once I deemed space being more important than the view (king suite was tiny) they offered to let me switch rooms. This was very much appreciated as we are not small people and it showed the staff wanted me to be happy. I will say I did not like having to pay separate for parking either, but at least I knew the vehicle was safe in their garage.

The staff were great, all-around friendly people who seemed to want to help in any way. The bed and pillows were perfect--a couple of nights I don't think I moved the bed was so comfortable. I liked having my own thermostat in the room--no judgement for keeping it on 62 at night. :)

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My one thing that could have made it better would be a pool/jacuzzi and a better fitness center.

Awesome!! Close to everything, very comfortable, super nice staff. good breakfast. they were really nice to my kids, who aren't always well behaved.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

It wasn't something they could avoid, there is major construction next door right outside my window so there tends to be banging on most days.

I had to extend my stay with Homewood Suites because my flight was cancelled due to winter storm. They were very helpful and let me stay in the same room.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

The room did not provide a good view of the water; we had maybe a tiny glimpse of it. The bed was super comfy, but we pulled out the sofa bed and found some crumbs, and it had a bit of a smell. The cookware and utensils could have had some better cleaning.

The front staff were very friendly which helped to make the check-in and check-out a breeze. The room turned out to be a bit bigger than what we had expected. Overall, it was a nice stay for the few days!

Breakfast!

I loved the location, room, especially kitchenette. I did not like the juices at breakfast, because they weren't fresh. They made my stomach hurt and immediately go to the bathroom. I would suggest regular sausage and 100% juice, not from concentrate. Everything else was awesome.

• Premium One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Poor views. Inconvenient by not honoring Booking.com room rate. Took some phone calls.

Beautiful hotel. Very comfortable. Large breakfast and coffee 24/7.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

My complaint is more with Booking.com. There seems to be poor / inaccurate communications between this hotel and the rates. Booking.com quoted. Now I have to fight for the correct (lower) rate booked, than that billed.

Small twin bed room accommodated family of 5 well for a short stay.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was amazing. Hotel has all the little extra touches that make it all worth it. We will be staying with Hilton the next time we travel. The full breakfast is the best.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was probably one of the worst I have seen in awhile. The sausage looked absolutely horrible. I mean there was people saying “gross and let leave I’m not eating a thing” they really need to get some real breakfast and a cook. Because it would be worth it.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfy, the rooms and bathrooms were nice but the couch was pretty uncomfortable to sit or or lay on. Breakfast was really disappointing. We saw it was decent breakfast but hey had just eggs, sausages, waffles, tots, bagel, yogurt and fruits. I guess it makes sense for how much your paying for the rooms. One of the staff also gave me an attitude as if I’m stupid when I asked her a question. My bad for not reading the paper correctly.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Drafty window with cold air/extra outside noise coming in (though the thermostat/heater worked great). Nice modern look to sofa but really quite stiff/uncomfortable to spend any time sitting on. Pet fee was higher than anticipated ($75, which may be a flat fee for any length of stay; we stayed only 1 night).

Pet-friendly. Room clean, well-equipped (kitchenette; plenty of outlets/USB sockets in convenient locations), and roomy (had the king suite). Secure underground parking ($20/day). Hardly any wait for the elevators. Would stay again and will recommend to family/friends.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed and pillows were too soft and there isn't good parking before you check in. The parking spots are quite small.

Excellent location with breakfast and evening reception that could double as a dinner. The late check-out time is also a plus.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only quibble was the Costco quality toilet paper and tissues.

Pleasant decor. Nice full breakfast and evening munch. In excellent repair. Close to the Seattle Center and public transportation.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Lower level rooms which face Western Ave. hear road noise. If you are a light sleeper, request higher level room on the opposite side of the hotel. Also, the complementary internet performs poorly.

You get a feel of downtown Seattle staying at this hotel.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

The pre-authorisation for incidentals (150$) was charged twice on my card on top of the amount I had to pay. When I asked at the reception, I was confronted by a not so friendly receptionist trying to tell me that is not the hotel fault but either www.booking.com or my bank. Unfortunately, up to today, the money is still on hold and I can't use them. Breakfast is poor and dull, eggs and pork is served everyday along with some yogurt and fruits. Unfortunately no healthy choices are available for customers or a bit more food variety.

Hotel located in a nice neighbourhood at a reasonable distance from some of the top Seattle's main attractions. The apartment had plenty of space, was clean and comfortable. The room was ready even though we checked-in early.

• Premium One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The cutlery in the room was not clean though...

There was a communication problem with Booking info and the hotel arrangement. But the hotel generously provided us with 2rooms for us, which saved us a lot of trouble searching and relocating. The hotel provides 24/7 drink bar, and the breakfast was great. We didn't want to leave! Definitely recommended.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable, family friendly room with a nice, basic breakfast to get the day going. Easy, half mile walk to Seattle center. The Queen Anne Beer Hall just around the corner was splendid! We used Lyft to get around to the areas further away... A wonderful weekend in Seattle.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

No duvet for pullout bed also not sure if linen for the bed is checked for every checking as the pillow slips for that bed had been used and not changed. So not rated cleanliness for this trip

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Air condition poor in the main room and noisy. Parking cost. Price very high for old apartment. Not as expected from Homewood other chain hotels.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We were a party of three couples so one couple had to use the pull out sofa. Unfortunately it was my husband and I. The pull out wasn't at all comfortable but we were so tired we slept anyway. I think a suite large enough for six people should at least have two bathrooms. We managed but another bathroom would have made it easier.

We were pleasantly surprised to hear that we were staying on a night where dinner was offered at no charge. After traveling all day it was nice to be able to stay right there. The hotel shuttle to the pier for our cruise was another extra we hadn't planned on. The driver was there on time, even a little early, and was very pleasant.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't at all what I had reserved. It was supposed to accommodate 5 adults which I definitely paid for but only had one king size bed and a small pullout. There was not even close to room for five people. This place was bare minimum on everything I am shocked it's a Hilton. When I informed the front the lady just shrugged. No help whatsoever.

The location was fine

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Communications between booking.com n front desk the first part of our stay. Misspelled last name. But after a few hours located our reservation for the second part of our stay.

Breakfast was great.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

1 Elevator was out of order, and the other was out of order for a little time, so had to lug our suitcases down two levels to the basement parking.

Great hot breakfast and extra comfy beds. Lovely large suite and huge bathroom!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

We had to leave a little early due to the water being shut off. Which messed with our plans a little. But later they provided us with another room so we could put the kids down for a nap. Which was very generous and kind. I would be happy to stay there again.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Staff unaware of what was going on during fire alarm. The property was under renovations so they were already down to one elevator, causing lengthy wait times and packed elevator, but then all elevators were down after the fire alarm for another 20 minutes causing us 6th floor residents quite the walk.

The free breakfast was absolutely amazing and very convenient. The staff are very friendly and quite accommodating.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was construction going on. They did phone me to allow me to cancel but by all nearby hotels were booked.

9 minute walk to the Key Arena Nice parking Good, clean rooms Nice breakfast buffet included

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Somehow given a one bedroom suite instead of two bedroom unit we had booked due to a mixup with Booking.com. Management was great and offered us an additional suite.

Construction going on but still a great and comfortable stay.Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Furious with mattress used for foldout bed...no way you could sleep on it. We removed bed linens and folded bed back and My mother-in-law slept on the sofa. We spoke to desk clerk and he was uncaring and told us 'that was only mattress they had'...very unhappy...would not recommend this property! We are very familiar with your hotels as we stay at the one in Germantown TN frequently....the main reason we chose your downtown Seattle property but not again!!! No offer was made to adjust our bill etc....unacceptable for a $400/night room!

Closeness to Pier 99; breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I've paid 300-400/night in London but not ever in Western NA have I ever paid so much. $950 for 3 nights seemed a bit ridiculous.

Good WiFi but login everyday.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

All of staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. It was close to water and Seattle Center. Just be prepared to walk up and down steep hills. However cabs are easy to get.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Far from Seattle Downtown. Not much nearby restaurants.

Breakfast was good. Coffee was great. Neighborhood was safe. Walking distance from bus station.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We've stayed at Homewood Suites previously that's why we choose to stay there again. We think maybe it is due to the age of the facility. We are used to staying in a more up dated/fresh style of Homewood Suites. The Staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The food was also good. We will still continue to stay at Homewood Suites in the future. We won't let one incident to deter us. Thank you, Terry

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Probably an earlier check in, but staff really helpful in storing our luggage so we went out and enjoyed the city.

The young woman who checked us in was friendly happy and a huge help. Excellent customer service.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It doesn't seem private at all to place a guest in room 101. It almost seems like the location of the room was meant for custodian's closet. But the space inside was great!

Loved the spacious rooms and lobby area.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

I had mentioned with booking.com that we are six adults & all would require separate bed. Three in one room. This has happened second time that I feel cheated by booking.com. We were given one queen size bed & sofa bed. You charged us for three adults in one room with different beds. The hotel did not have the facility. Not going to book any future holidays with you.

Nothing that is worth mentioning

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing....it went beyond our expectations!

Courteous staff and easy check in and out. Room was quiet and bed was comfortable enough for a good nights sleep. Appreciated having good food available for a light early dinner meal....prior to our evening out... Also, enjoyed the hot breakfast the next morning.. Secure enclosed parking was a nice feature too! Basically, it had everything we needed for a great stay!

More breakfast variety

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that I didn't like

Everything was awesome.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room didn’t get cleaned one day and we had to call for towels

The staff at the desk and at breakfast were very pleasant

location is really good, rooms are nice and staff there is friendly

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Constant noise, can't sleep ever single night

Everything was excellent

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness, staff and location.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast and comfortable clean rooms. Rooms are large and modern. Great experience

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

We absolutely love the view and enjoyed the location

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Heating unit in room 501 was very noisy & didn’t work well had to turn off.. besides that room was EXCELLENT

Breakfast was GREAT eggs EXCELLENT

Very easy to navigate

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Cold shower in the morning.

Clean room, friendly staff

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a good variety and was delicious. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Overall great place to stay!

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Excellent staff, very friendly, clean room, Good coffee

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Cleaning staff not thorough!

All staff friendly, helpful, pleasant.... very accommodat

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast AND dinner reception! Spacious rooms and very clean overall.

There wasn't a pool.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

The fold out couch was very very uncomfortable. We had to find card board to firm it up

Food, staff, location, 24 hr coffee, great lounging areas

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Would have liked a more leisure options. Has a foos ball table. More recreational options would be nice

Very nice staff. Clean, laundry facilities,

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Excellent. clean self contained, modern and excellent breakfast.

Soft bed not comfortable

Good breakfast, comfort room

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Great location and super comfort. Excellent location

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

One elevator not operating.

Convenient to the waterfront and the Space Needle.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing! The location was also really great - easy walking distance to the Seattle Center.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Loved the German Restaurant attached to the hotel.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Aircon was either too cold or too warm

Free cookies

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Felt very comfortable tea and coffee fruit and cookies downstairs all the time suite quite large with all comforts of home

No bar

Free breakfast was delicious

wifi was iffy

Staff was excellant

Good sausage and eggs

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

comfort of the sofa beds

Comfortable bed, delicious breakfast, full kitchen in the suite (except oven), very nice staff

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Fire alarm evacuation, elevators inconsistent generally

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door lock was broken. Occasional construction noises

Bed was surprisingly comffortable. Staff was great.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Excellent location close to many attractions

Browse Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown traveller photo gallery