Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach 3 stars

5733 Cleveland Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, USA

#9 of 105 hotels in Virginia Beach

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The cleaning lady knocking on the door way before checking out, she tried to walk in the door without knocking while my wife is in the shower. The manager Sam is so rude right along with the staff. Get better staff and management, a courteous manager, I had problems with this location upon checking in.

I like the hotel, nice and spacious

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Would have liked information in the room about local places to eat.

Staff were professional and friendly. Susan, the front desk supervisor, was amazing. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. The kitchen staff came out and spoke with us and it felt like visiting family. I can't say enough about how welcome we felt.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The breakfast was disappointing. It is always better to have the basic and then go from there. During my stay they had egg with cheese together and the next day they had a crossaont with egg and cheese together again. Not everybody like cheese. They could just always have scramble eggs separate from from cheese or bread and then people can put together there own sandwich or just there eggs and sausage or whatever. However I did like that they introduced new southern elements in the breakfast giving it a little touch of originality.But again always have the basic, ( what people already expecting you will have)you can never go wrong with the basic first.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like the pillows, I could not get comfortable at night. My head just sunked in as I layed on them .

The location and the room structure accommodate everything I needed for a kid and myself. Everyone was comfortable in their own space of relaxing.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be better, limited choices but coffee was good.

The staff were professional and friendly. They greets you every morning with a smile "Good morning"

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds --Mobility Accessible with Tub - Non-Smoking

My shower head was old and needs to be replaced, water pressure not good in that room. bottom of tub need to be cleaned and re sealed

Customer service was great! the front desk attendant greeting was pleasant and she was very informative. breakfast was good and the area was clean and well stocked.

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

Nothing, my friend and I had a great time. We would love to go again.

I loved the how the bed felt like you were sleeping on clouds. And the pool was great. I loved how the staff was friendly.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The first room had such a bad chemical smell it was burning my nose and eyes So I requested to be moved and had to wait because there were no other rooms available that fit my needs since I was on crutches and had a broken foot so the 2nd room was nasty,I actually had my daughters go buy me Clorox cleanup and other materials to clean the room myself it seriously was in horrible condition, having no drain stopper in the tub so I couldn’t bathe and was told no other rooms were available, the sheets had not been changed, I changed them with the spare sheets that were in the closet that night since it was so late I just made due then the next morning when I woke to discover that the bed covers had blood all over the bottom my daughter took them to the front desk afterwards housekeeping came up and changed both beds they were disgusted and very apologetic at that time I had told them about the stopper and housekeeping said they would find one but never did so I had to call booking.com about the problem and they called the hotel and maintenance came up and glued one in I was told I couldn’t even shower/bathe until the next day, The ceiling was coming down in the bathroom and worried me so I point it out and was told it would not cave in on me but did flake off on me anyway the carpet was ripped everywhere and kept catching my crutches there were burns in the carpet and the room was supposed to be smoke free, I was served bugs in my drink from the downstairs bar after being served bugs the first time which I actually drank from before seeing them giving it back to the bartender he made me another drink which also contained bugs then said oh we had fruit flies as if it was supposed to be acceptable to me I was totally disgusted of course he offered a refund but the damage was done and he placed the bottle back on the bar to serve another customer!!!!

The only good thing was my sign in and the house keeper that was brought from another floor to clean my room after discovering blood on the bed and the sheets not being changed!!!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Inattention to our room by maid service. We stayed five nights and the only thing we received was clean towels each day and trash collection the first day. We left with trash overflowing. Had to ask for refills of breakfast items on the buffet several times. We were put on the sixth floor which was very inconvenient for taking pets outside.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were varied and plentiful. Loved the waffles! Hotel was well supplied with needs and comforts. It was like home to have a couch and a comfortable chair in our room. Repair man came immediately when we requested a problem.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

I Wish The Hotel was Closer To The Beach Or Perhaps A Local Bus That Stopped In The Area

I Truly Loved My stay at your hotel My room was awesome staff was Terrific And The Food was great.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping could had made our bed and thrown out trash sooner. But, did come and help when requested.

Breakfast was very well prepared, bed was very comfortable. Felt at home with the kitchen facility.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Each family asked for late check out, they lied that there were none available. Front desk not too well, a few ok..Hospitality staff great.

The accommodation

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff at this hotel - particularly the breakfast staff - were exceptional. Everyone was friendly and pleasant, from front desk, to housekeeping, to breakfast, to maintenance. Phenomenal customer service!

• King Studio - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The hotel was not in the best of neighborhoods and we did not walk anywhere. We also recommended the hotel staff not sit in the front of the building smoking during their break.

Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Problem with a burned out light bulb was fixed immediately. Kitchen unit was clean and ready for use when we arrived. Bathroom was clean and well appointed. We plan on staying here on any further visits to Virginia Beach.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had to call each day for an additional towel and washcloth. Not sure why there would be only 3 towels and washcloths in a room for 4 people, and we had 4 people. The staff were very prompt in bringing the items, which was great.

It was clean and comfortable. Great breakfast options.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The vehicle was pretty much just that

The whole experience was wonderful for a first timer like myself. There was just one mistake and that was not having a vehicle to commute around easier.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Everything was wonderful. It was my 1st time staying here & i loved it!! It was close to everything we wanted to do. Great location. Super friendly staff, very clean and I would pick this hotel over all of them. Will definitely be making this my regular place to stay.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Everything was really nice. Im definately OCD and cleanliness is a must, and it was really nice and clean.Virgina Beach Ocean front hotels need alot of updating, they are just not that nice. I would rather drive to the beach and stay somewhere really nice and clean like your Hotel.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The elevator. Only 2 elevators for 5 floors it was very slow and had to wait a long time to get up & down.

The hotel was just like the website, very comfortable.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The bed was not comfortable and the service could have been a little better because i wanted to check out and a couple was holding up the line,there should have been an extra person to assist when the line was growing. Therefore, i left the keys on the counter and left.

The breakfast was delicious and the room and location was nice for the price. I loved the shower!!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

This hotel served my purposes for this trip, so I was very satisfied! I would only point out for anyone doing a search for VA beach that this hotel is a 15-20 minute drive to the beachfront.

Clean and comfortable. I used the workout room, too, which also had free weights and Precor machines. The pool looked nice, but I didn't have a chance to go in. An Uber to VA Beach was only $16-$20. When I had a car during the trip, parking was easy. I missed breakfast on my own accord (one day too late because I chose to work out and one day too early because I had an early bus to catch), but the front desk volunteered to grab me a muffin, which was nice! The staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel texts you to check up on your stay. Room was quiet. Near a business park. Bed was comfy. Lots of space. Large size fridge. Wifi worked well. The purpose of my trip was for a funeral, so I wasn't planning to spend time at the beach, but that is where I caught the Amtrak bus to the train. It's about a 15-20 minute drive to VA beach. An economical and nice place for families who have kids and need space and who don't mind driving to the beachfront!

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had a neighbors with 2 barking dogs. Thisd hotel did not allow forf late check-out which was fine, but this hotel has closet size elevators (2) and the entire (it seemed) hotel was checking out at the same time. Had to wait 20 min for an elevator then they were jam packed. It was ridiculous!! If you would have allowed late check out to stagger the exit this would have been a almost perfect review.

Ity was clean and comfortable, affordable.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The 2nd day we paid more then $200. It would be nice if we could get it for the lower price

Breakfast was great. Our family liked the kitchenette in the room

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have been more organized and staffed better to keep up with the number of guests. Better pillows that did not instantly go flat would be great (personal opinion). Also it would nice if they would put people with pets on the lower floors, just easier.

Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly!

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

I didnt get the top or middle floor what I requested and Homewood Suites took money out of my account on July 4 when my trip wasnt until August 4 2017.

I loved the exercise room, hot tub, breakfat, staff, and the two gas grills that we used on our last night. Even though Homewood Suites took my money out of my account on July 4 and vacation wasnt until Aug 4 it was a smooth process to check in didnt even have to wait 5 minutes. I said my name and showed my ID was checked in.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The King Suite was very nice! We really liked having the use of a full kitchen to cook, and a full fridge to keep things cold as we were in the middle of a road trip. The free breakfast was great too.

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

The smell of smoking in the 6th floor but since it's allowed I didn't mind it too much

I loved the breakfast there they had a waffle maker! Also the employees where all nice and helpful

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

I'm the 4 days we were there our room was never cleaned and we had to ask for towels every day

The breakfast bar they had was niceand the pool was pretty good

The room temperature was so cold, the room service did not pickup the trash and did not clean the dishes and did not leave the towels on (07/09/2017).

The location, the price, the staff, they all were good. The breakfast, the pool my family and I we had a good time. Thank you and keep up the good work. I had some issues with the DVD player and the toilette was over flood, but the maintenance person came right away.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

had difficulty finding a luggage cart. had to haul all our belongings from 6th floor to parking lot. elevator extremely slow so it took 3 trips to complete.

staff was excellent. breakfast very good. loved it.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

They didnt clean our room. When we requested, someone made up the bed, but obviously not vacuumed. Didnt change the sheets. We had to request for fresh towels

I love the staff in the kitchen! Very friendly. The food was awesome!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

I only booked the room for overnight and there wasn't a closer location to the oceanfront.

The decor of the entire facility. It has they right color scheme for feeling at home while away. A Plus👍🏾

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

I asked for a rollaway bed because the sofa bed was small. They do not offer any. So I had made a request to switch rooms (when one was available) from a king studio to a king suite offering to pay the upgrade. However, because I booked thru a third party I was told I could not do this unless I paid the entire cost of the new room & forfeit the monies paid prior room

The staff is extremely friendly. The breakfast was great each morning. The offered snacks during happy hour.

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

pillows were super not supportive or comfortable. They flatten upon use. Beds were not as welcoming as my body would have liked. In combination with horrible pillows, and husbands snoring...no sleep for the two nights we stayed.

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

The pictures on booking buddy were a little different from the room. I thought the room was going to be bigger than what it was. With 2adults and 4 kids it was a little tight without much room to move around.

Complimentary breakfast each day. Kitchen in the room was great.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Had to get another room right away because 1st room smelled like smoke, had a window that was stuck open and had carpet that was ripped up next to bathroom.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The room lacked in cleanliness. We used the sleeper sofa and when we unfolded it there were dirty sheets balled up in it. It was also one of the WORST sleeper sofas I have ever felt. The springs were terrible. The bathroom also had some dirty spots that were noticable.

The room was large in size and the hotel had a lot of parking.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Our pull-out couch which i counted on for my daughters to sleep on was broke and they did not have any to replace it so we had to rearrange the whole room with 1 roll away and the other daughter had to sleep on the not-so-comfy couch.

Breakfast was fabulous and the staff couldn't have been more friendly!

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The beds are comfy, the breakfast is not your ordinary continental breakfast but tasty and a great assortment of things to choose from, and the hotel is very welcoming.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

While they had quite a number of options for breakfast I was hoping for just plain scrambled eggs. The staff offered to make me some but I didn't have time to wait.

After a long day on the beach it was nice to come back to a big room where I could spread out. I especially liked that the TV could swivel so that I could easily see it from either the couch, desk, dining room table, or bed.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

I like how the receptionist treated me and my wife during our stay. We were traveling on our motorcycle and the resort was very accomodating towards us, ensuring that we could park our bike under the canopy entrance to protect it from the weather. I really appreciated them going above and beyond because they didn't have to do it.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

well the room we got was good and clean the only con was the shower door didn't work properly. also at the pool area it needs more supervision. In my case there where two adults having improper language and action around small kids. And kids where not been watch by parents I think there should be an employee at the pool to control this type of behavior

the staff is very friendly and is quick to attend your needs. the breakfast is very good and the coffee is excellent

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I felt the bed was little hard while the pillows were extra fluffy.

I like the room size, large bathroom area and cleanliness of the room were an asset to the property.

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

Bed was extremely comfortable, love the outside sitting area by the pool. The front desk staff was very welcoming, check in was fast and easy.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The congestion at the breakfast room with finished items not being replaced fast enough.

The Denny restaurant was within a walking distance from the hotel so it was very convenient.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

My only issue with this hotel was the rudeness of one single employee that worked in the breakfast area. I didn't catch her name but I definitely remember her bad attitude.

I LOVED the women that worked the front desk! They greeted you each time you left and returned with the warmest smile! The beds are very comfortable and the hotel offers the options to conserve water as far as the linen, towel and bath cloth changing. The queen suite was very spacious and made you feel at home. The indoor pool and hot tub were both clean and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

My room was not cleaned very well, the bathroom door latch was broken and there was stuff from previous guests under our bed. At breakfast they allowed someone to walk around the breakfast area during breakfast with their dog. The pool area was freezing cold and not very clean. The fold out couch was extremely uncomfortable for sleeping or sitting. I wish a discount could've been givin but because I booked through a 3rd party their hands were tied.

I liked the staff, they were very friendly and we're prompt with taking care of any issues. The free breakfast was a nice bonus and we had choices of something warm or cold (cereal, muffins). When their were issues with our room the staff offered us another room but we already had all of our stuff in the room so we just asked them to send someone down right away to clean it and staff was there to fix the problem immediately.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The check in staff was good and professional. Checking out staff was very vague and wouldn't give me a receipt. I have used 3rd party before to book this same hotel and did receive a receipt.

The complimentary breakfast was good and the comfort of the beds.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Location in the ghetto. Seemed like prostitutes used the hotel. Shady people coming in late night. Watch put for crazy extra charges like used the phone because my uncle forgot his mobile, and they charged me 38.00$ for 1 phone call! Totally extortionate for 2016! breakfast was crap as well for a homewood suites. Very unimpressed

Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

With only one elevator and 6 floors , waiting time was a little too long. The breakfast food was just ok and the Belgium waffle maker was out of commission both mornings we stayed, which was a special event weekend, Neptune Featival. Some very Disappointed people in my group with no waffle maker! The pool area could have used more seating areas or tables etc to have a place to lay belongings while swimming other than the floor. One or two large family groups there used up all available seating areas. The chlorine levels were very high, which may be typical, but I've not had my silver rings turn green before because of chlorine !

I requested early check in prior to coming and they were accommodating and then got there even earlier and they did ask if I wanted the room that was available. It was a non smoking room but smoking rooms used about half the hallway. I agreed to take it but the smell of smoke in the hallway was very strong and I kind of wished I had waited for the room on the non smoking floor. It was over powering, as if people smoked in the closed hallway. An air filtering system may be helpful in those areas. But the staff was willing to accommodate my request of an early check in, even if I probably should have passed on it ; )

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

This does not have a direct impact on the hotel, however, there was a very loud cricket either outside of our room or perhaps it was caught in the air conditioning system. It kept us up for two nights. We would have probably requested a room change but we were leaving the next day.

The whole staff was great. One young lady from the kitchen staff was very helpful. She actually made our visit very pleasant. I wish I could remember her name because she really deserves to be commended for her exceptionally good work ethics. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

I was called to be notify that my reservation was canceled and my card was declined. I told the lady that when I booked it, it said I can pay with cash or another card. I was upset because my friend and I traveled 7 hours by bus from NY to get there to hear this. But fortunately, there was an exact room available, but it was a smoking room, but $10 cheaper and we was happy.

Breakfast was delicious, the lobby was beautiful and places weren't far.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The weather could've been better, I couldn't take my family cause one I didn't feel safe driving in the weather and I was told by the hotel manager that it was going to be sunny and she lied to me. I have spoken to the company and I want my money back for my room that I overpaid for.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

The suite that stated could sleep up to 8 could in no way fit more than 4 comfortably. The bed was mediocre and the bedding was less than desirable. The extra blanket for the pull out bed was atrocious. It resembled something thrown out from the 1970s that somehow keeps finding its way back. Please invest in extra pillows and blankets of good quality.

The property grounds and facility were beautiful. The lobby and dining area were modern and elegant. The courtyard was picturesque and the pool area was comfortable and inviting. The bathroom was updated and roomy. We did not use the kitchen but it was nice to have the extra living space and the full size refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Our stay was amazing, everything from the room to the staff was perfect. We recieved free breakfast and dinner everyday which couldnt have been better the cook was amazing! The suite was perfect we had 3 children and had plenty of room for all of us. I would absolutley come back here anytime i was down in Virginia to stay!

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

On the other hand the bed was a little uncomfortable, the sliding door in the shower kept getting stuck making it difficult to get in and out the shower. The front desk was not so pleasant.

I like the fact that the rooms were separated, the kitchenette and dining area were nice. Indoor Pool was clean.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

for really was great breakfast and pool with jakuzza

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The staff were pleasant and helpful.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast buffet was slow to be filled while staff stood around

The room was good, front desk and housekeeping were great

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The hallways smell wet and the carpet smells old.

Serving staff were very accommodating especially those in the Food Service area.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

I loved the text communication!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The hallway smells like mildew

Very relaxing

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast choices weren’t good, the pool was closed for the weekend. Tub/bathroom didn’t seem fresh/clean

Spacious rooms

Unfortunately the i door pool was not open.

Value and service

I enjoyed everything.

The daily breakfast and the meal on Thursday evening. Staff was excellent.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

There should be more breakfast options.

Very nice, clean and guest friendly hotel.

The breakfast selection.

How the room was like a mini apartment.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Room needed repair. Light bulbs out. Wallpaper in bathroom torn or damaged. Price.

Social hour. Location

Cleanliness

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The bed was really comfortable!! The room was very clean

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Your internet connection needs some updating

There was a hole on the window screen.

I loved the bed.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Every thing was excellent!!

The hotel was clean and the people was. Really nice. I would come back again.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Love that they were pet friendly! Pet fee was more than I expected though. Friendly staff, clean rooms!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

I loved it, it’s nothing I didn’t like

Room was big and it was around just about everything Walmart food places etc

Browse Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach traveller photo gallery