Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk/Downtown 3 stars

432 West Market Street, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA

#81 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was a bit cold and the eggs were very watery

Everything was amazing from the time we checked in. We were coming to San Antonio for a bachelorette party. We were upgraded to a two bedroom king suite and were offered coupons for a couple of places we were planning on going to. Staff were super friendly, room was spacious and clean! Will definitely be staying here again!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Awesome place to stay. You get breakfast and supper. Pool awesome. Our room was perfect. Love it. We had the suite with kitchen. The price was perfect.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

It’s a little pricier than I like but it’s worth it since it’s on the river close to all the action and for its super spacious room and breakfast room view. I will just try not to think of my bill.

The staffs were very nice. The Saturday lady’s were chatting with my two year old and offered him candy. We booked an one bed room with two double bed which is helps my son to go to sleep while we are still awake. The room was very spacious. The seating room was very spacious too. The breakfast room has large windows with river view which is very enjoyable. It’s closer to the busiest part of the river walk than I thought.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The closet space was small and the bathroom was quite small for us.

The bedroom and living area, good breakfast, very friendly staff, great area to stay for Fiesta week right on the river walk and a few blocks from all the great shops, the Market, great location for all the resturants near by

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The cost! Our toilet paper holder was coming out of the wall! This is an old building and it looks like it! The staff was supposed to call when our room was ready and never once did I hear from them

It was a nice hotel but it has an even bigger price tag

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking could be way better.

There was this one staff member in particular that made my stay even that more amazing. I dont know her name but she was assisting me in the dinner buffet with the upmost welcoming way. Even packed us up food for our room. Loved the stay.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

loved the location. Main attractions are very close. It was interesting that the hotel had some sort of evening appetizers and drinks every night for free. That is a very interesting concept.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Brandy who works at the front desk was extra sweet and very helpful with finding places to eat and things to explore. I was telling my daughter goodbye who is active duty and was being sent to WA for survival training the day before I left. I started to cry as she left in her cab and Brandy came out from the desk and gave me a hug. It was such a sweet gesture . I can't tell you how much I appreciated that.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

did not receive any maid service any of the 4 days we stayed, when requested, we did get 2 clean towels and the trash removed Valet was asked to get a taxi for us to airport, was charged $38!

bkfst and evening meals. on the riverwalk, room was nice and clean

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing that could have been better was the vents in the bathroom needed to be cleaned and dust in the door jams. but nothing disgusting or anything. Just a little more attention to details.

The employees at this hotel were wonderful! Best Valet employees! Everyone was very helpful and nice.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast ended so early!

I loved the down pillows, they were nice. I got to the hotel super early, like 5 hours before check-in early. They were very accommodating and got me checked in fairly quickly with a room upgrade!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

No fans in the bathrooms and there was two switches to work the lights which had to be flipped 3 or 4 times for them to work

Coffee and breakfast was great along with the view

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast on Monday could have been better. It was plain scrambled eggs with some kind of potato hash. I wish happy hour extended over the weekend!

The breakfast staff were extremely helpful and friendly. When I went back after they were almost done putting things away, they found some oatmeal for me. The best egg dish was the scrambled eggs with chives.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

My kids would have liked a hot tub. Only had pool on roof top and was not warm enough to use.

Staff was wonderful. Breakfast and social hour were a great amenity to our stay. Was very roomy suites. Close enough to all the restaurants and things happening on the River walk yet just far enough away from the noise.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The eggs often contained meat. Meat-free scrambled eggs should be routinely served for those who have dietary restrictions. Meat from the side can always be added if desired. The heating/AC system and mechanicals were noisy. We had to change rooms because of the constant hum from the mechanical room on the 6th floor. Our new room on the 4th floor was better. Staff was very understanding and helpful about the switch.

The breakfast buffet was good overall, but...see below. Location on the River Walk was great. Staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms are huge and the kitchen was sufficient for microwaving or preparation of a simple meal.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

the room was clean, roomy and the bed very comfortable! Best continental breakfast ever! The staff was friendly too. I Loved our stay there. Will definitely stay again.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately the pool level was closed for renovations.

The room was very large and quite, and we loved the location. Breakfast was great. The guest laundry was usefel.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I probably should have paid more attention and booked a bigger room with a bigger bed instead of kitchenette type facility. We didn't use those accommodations and the bedroom was very small. I especially did not like that the glass mirrors on the closet doors were right in front of the bed. The bed seemed a little smaller than a queen. It might have been my opinion since we have a King at home.

It was our anniversary and I loved that the hotel was walking distance of all the festivities.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The dinner happy hour. The Italian sliders, where boring and soggy (steam tray) could have used some pepperoni , or Italian sausage, marinara or roasted garlic to impart some flavor. I wish the rooftop pool was heated.

Wonderful staff, great reception. The beds were so comfortable, we all had a great night's sleep. We breakfast was wonderful . The dinner time snacks and happy hour was nice but the food was a bland, but free. The margaritas were small but plentiful and tasty, along with the beer and wine. I would stay their again.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

No outside sitting alone the river and the hotel has space that could be used.

Loved that they offered not only breakfast but on Monday-Thursday offered hospitality in the evenings from 5:30-7:30 with food and drinks.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like that it didn't have self parking within the facility. The pool was very small. The room was okay. I didn't like that I specifically booked A double queen bed suite and I got only one bed, which made things difficult since I had 5 people with me plus a child and they told me that's how booking.com had done it, only one queen suite which made me very upset. They had no other rooms to accommodate us. I will not book again on booking.com

The only thing that was good was the location and the room was okay. Other than that never again.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

We did not like the fact that no matter where you parked that you had to pay additional fees. The hotel does not have it's own parking area, and the guests have to pay for valet parking. Valet should be included in the room fee, or at least give a disclosure that there is no on site parking so that guests booking are aware and have a choice.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Wifi was substandard, workout facilities were very dirty, all other front desk were not helpful in answering questions on what to do/eat in city

Desiree at the front desk was absolutely AMAZING! Extremely helpful on our check in day. Upgraded the room, secured an earlier check in, provided lots of great places to see and eat!! Pool, beds, kitchen were perfect!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Some Food service setup and area maintenance personel were clearly not as polite nor accommodating towards certain guest ethnicities ie African American guests.

Valet, front desk and housekeeping were great

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The size of the room was awesome for the price. Fit 6 adults comfortably. Had one minor issue with the billing but was fixed within minutes and they offered a late checkout at 1pm for the inconvenience which was great. Valet you have to pay per day but they were awesome, they kept the vehicle secure and I didn't have to worry about our vehicle. Well worth it!!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast and coffee were terrible! The breakfast tasted artificial and is something you would expect at a Day's Inn, not Hilton. The coffee creamer was sour and ruined the coffee. In addition, the check out staff did not review my charges at checkout.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful except at checkout.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

There wasn't a thing I disliked. Absolutely wonderful!

This hotel was absolutely amazing. I loved the history of it that the hostess shared as soon as I checked in. It was easy to find our room and the staff was friendly, courteous and super helpful! The staff makes you feel like a celebrity at this hotel! I would definitely book the hotel again when I visit SA.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The rates were more than I normally pay for a hotel.

Breakfast was better than most hotel breakfast buffets. Roomy suite, and I loved that we stepped out the door and were at the Riverwalk and within walking distance to downtown.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Added expense of mandatory valet parking if you want to park your vehicle on the property @ $27 per night

Convenient location on the Riverwalk, nice area

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Long wait to for the elevator and the decor in the hallways were a little outdated.

The hotel is right on the riverwalk so it is a good location. Staff is extremely friendly and accomodating.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Gave front desk our Hilton honors number but points did not get recorded.

The staff in the breakfast area/evening reception very nice and friendly!

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I had to pay every night to park my car. I was in town for a week for a convention and the parking ate up a lot of my trip allowance. Maybe have a better rate for those who have to stay for a week? Also, pool was small.

Loved the location, right on the edge of all the busy tourist area, access to everything using the river walk. The complimentary happy hour definitely made up for the small pool and price of parking

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

well, it needs a little paint job around the window frames....

super friendly and helpful check-in and out....ok breakfast and nice little evening snack and drinks....very accommodating with the parking after we checked out

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Guess it could of been a little cheaper and I thought from the room we could walk down and be on Riverwalk but it was still pretty close

Pillows were soft and atmosphere was amazing.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Had to change room cuz water leak an floor was wet for room next door. But other then that couldn't thank of one thing I didn't like. All out good place to stay. Thanks

Like it. Was comfortable. Good place

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

This is an older hotel but I guess they upgraded as best as they could but it is still a little dated.

Convenience of being on the Riverwalk. The free meals were good also.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

More hot breakfast options (no bacon on any of the days we stayed). Better soundproofing. Our room faced the street and the noise was really bad. No way to disable smoke alarm without calling maintenance. Being charged $27 a day for parking!

Good, clean rooms. Breakfast every morning was good, and the Mixers at night were an added bonus. View from breakfast was just stunning, and you are a 2 second walk from the river. Beds were comfy, good kitchen facilities (though no oven which was a pain). Laundry facilities on site. Overall, happy with our stay.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The size of the beds were smaller than expected but comfortable.

I liked the convenience of being within walking distance to the Alamo, Mall, tour buses and restaurants. My bank, Chase was located across the street and CVS pharmacy was a block away. All of the hotel staff was very polite and courteous I got good driving directions 2 times when leaving the downtown area. I know it was a stressful holiday week end for them but they handled it with class. I will definitely consider staying there again and recommend the hotel to friends and relatives.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

No complaints.

Great staff...friendly and helpful. Beds and pillows really helped get a good night sleep..so comfortable. Nice little kitchen fully equipped..down to the silverware.And a light dinner as well as a breakfast free.Pulled pork sliders excellent! Will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

On two separate nights between one thirty and three thirty the smoke alarm went off in our room,scaring us. Should have been fixed the first night.

The size of the room was great.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed firm. Parking limited. Had to use valet at $27 a day. If staying multi days like myself, can add up!

Breakfast was great! Large rooms and ax worked great! Kitchen with all amendities to make meals!

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Travelling with a little toddler it would have been good if the hotel had a bar or a restaurant. There is no room service available

The location is great - right on the river walk. San Antonio is just lovely and well worth the visit.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Only one window in our room and it was next to a building. Our view was of a brick wall this time.

Second time staying there. We love the rooftop pool, good breakfast, friendly staff and it is located next to the riverwalk.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I spoke to destiny and she was a huge help. I had booked on booking.com and she was very helpful in me changing the date of my stay!! Great customer service!!

Not anything I can recall. We had a good stay

Nice location, good breakfast, clean, up to date

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Ideal location on the river. Rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

It was clean and convenient to everything

Some staff is rude.

The suites and location are nice

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The location was wonderful for our trip. The staff was very friendly and professional. The hotel was clean, and comfortable.

• Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Food

Food was very mediocre

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

How easy it was from start to finish. Great location and very clean.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was very spacious for all six of us. Hot breakfast in the morning was excellent bonus!

Elevator smelled like puke

Leaving

Staff was great

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Valet messed with my radio.

Great service. Enjoyed the free drinks in the evening. Breakfast was delicious.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Walked or used Uber as valet parking is pricey @$29/day

Great location to walk to everything. Large spacious rooms in 2BR Suite

Everything.

Very comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

NO Room Service offered in this hotel......What?????

Right on the river walk

breakfast is good.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms were a little dated but a wonderful size for the price.

The breakfast room was huge with beautiful windows overlooking the river walk.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

A combination safe in the room

Everything. They even agreed to move me to a room with a good view of the Riverwalk.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff were super helpful and nice! Loved the location and cleanliness of the property.

Spacious and clean

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff were amazing. All very friendly

Lights didn't all work

Bed was amazing and I loved no windows in the bedroom. I need it completely dark to sleep so I REALLY loved that part!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Drinking missing from the refrigerator.

No free parking

Staff was very kind & understandable Easy access to riverwalk

Our room did not receive maid services 2 out of 4 days,

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool was extremely small.

Really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning and the easy access to the Riverwalk.

Room style

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk person not very friendly, everyone else was very nice!!

Excellent view of the river!!!

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds were uncomfortable. Blankets were thin.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Free WiFi didn't work. Staffs were not able to fix it.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel doesn't have free parking. If you want to park on property it is at least $27 per night.

Staff were great!