Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North California 3 stars

2000 Shoreline Court, Brisbane, CA 94005, USA

#2 of 2 hotels in Brisbane

I would stay again.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

Not to much to eat around. But full kitchen. Next time I will stop to the grocery store just to be able to make a few simple snacks.

Rooms have full kitchen, and not far from the 101 fwy. Downtown SF is about 10miles which is about 30 min away.

Noisy room, uncomfortable sofa bed
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

All the king suites are facing a noisy highway, thw sofa bed has a very thin mattress and is extremely uncomfortable. Once you open the sofa bed you have no room to move around.

Noisiest hotel in America.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We stayed three nights and only slept minimal hours our room backed not only to a busy freeway but also a train track. This was not the way the hotel is portrayed in the booking page.

Only ate breakfast once and very little was left at 8.30 in the morning,already packing away .

Family vacation/getaway.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

Location to south bound freeway access

Great hotel for the family, indoor pool, hot breakfast and close to the bay. Short drive to downtown SF and airport.

The front desk supervisor Natalie was amazing!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

Wish the walls in the room could be thicker because our neighbors were being a bit too romantic late in the night. Also I wish the pillows were a bit more firm.

The front desk supervisor Natalie was amazing! Very personable and always in a cheerie mood! Cant say the same for the morning lady though, didn't even thank us for staying there after we checked out. I would stay there again because of Natalie!

An amazing stay at a beautiful hotel!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

I love the location! It's right next to the water which is nice to walk to. It is close to San Francisco. It was a prefect stay for my family. Complimentary hot breakfast was a lifesaver!

Too pricey...not that happy 🙁
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

Too pricey - I’ve been to different Hilton Hotels...this is the most expensive one yet so small compared to others. Rooms and swimming pool are too small compared to the pictures.

Staff are approachable

wrong bed size.. I had to be the maintenance guy.. no good
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

given the wrong bed size...we chosen a king bed.. they gave us a,what seem like a full bed size.. at around 11:45 pm we call for a maintenance person.. but I had to go to the desk myself and get the plunger for the toilet..NO maintenance on duty ?

the location

Great location, but I would not stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

One can hear all the noise from the room above such as people walking and moving things. Also, the down pillows were too soft and my husband and I both had neckaches by the morning.

It was great having two rooms and two TVs for when my husband and I wanted to watch different things.

Staying is fine unless you have issues and need their helps.

customer service

We left a scarf at the time of checking-out. I called the hotel at the airport and was told to called me back about, and unfortunately, I did not receive the call. I contacted the Hilton customer service line, and did not get answer either.

good quiet location, fast into San Francisco and a nice view...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed was probably the most uncomfortable thing I have ever experienced you feel the springs stabbing your back the whole night and it's simply impossible to get good nights rest if sleeping on it. The main bed is excellent though but I would highly recommend that the management does something about the extra sleeping arrangement.

good quiet location, fast into San Francisco and a nice view of the bay.

Parking was free which was good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The one bad spot about this hotel was that they screwed up the reservation which I had booked a month in advance of coming out to San Francisco. I had booked a king suite which was confirmed through booking.com, plus I received a separate email from Homewood confirming the booking. On the night when we me and my group checked into the hotel, the desk clerk winds up putting us in a queen site and didn't even mention this - but still swiped my credit card for the king rate on the room. Obviously I was ticked off at this and demanded and explanation from the hotel staff since I had showed them the confirmation from booking.com plus the email from Homewood which I had printed out before the trip. The manager on staff did apologize about what happened and claimed that the issue was that the hotel claimed to have sold out of the king rooms on the night we were supposed to arrive. I explained to her that none of the info was communicated at the front desk at time of check in and I expected better communication from staff at a Hilton property. Eventually she agreed and we did get a king suite that next day. The manager did comp the first night stay on my card so I did wind up paying less for the overall stay, but here is an FYI to anyone who is reading this review and is considering this property - ask the desk staff to read you back the details on the room when you get checked in - don't assume that everything is correct.

Parking was free which was good. Cannot find a lot of that at SF area hotels if you renting a vehicle and are not staying downtown. The hotel did have a wonderful view of the bay area and the nearby marina. Also there is a biking/walking trail which runs parallel to the marina, so if you are looking to get some exercise while you are there I would recommend checking that out.

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio with Bay View

I booked and paid room for 4 but when arrived at property they gave me very small room and the staff didn't want to upgrade even though I will pay for that. So disappointed

Good location with family friendly rooms
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

There could have been more information about our location and the car parking is a bit of a squeeze.

Location was very good for SF. Breakfast staff were very helpful and complimentary drinks and snacks were excellent.

My family and I had a pleasent stay at the hotel, and will return again.
    • Queen Room- Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

The room rates could be a little bit more competitive.

My overall visit was very good. This was our second visit to this hotel and we look forward to many more in the near future.

Carefree and comfortable
    • Non-Smoking Suite with Bay View

Wish another restaurant and convenience store were close by.

Both the breakfast and managers reception selections were plentiful, tasty, and convenient. Staff at receptions was friendly and accommodating.

We will go back.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We did not have a good view. Our room was by the train track. It was good that we were not disturbed by the trains passing. Wished there were more Channels for kids or pay per On tv.

Our family really enjoyed having a kitchen. The separate living room was great. Two tv's was good to have as well. The room was clean. We really enjoyed the dinners the hotel hosted and the hot breakfasts every morning. Regardless of the dislikes, we will come back in the future.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Super!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved the room, both the bedroom and the living room with full kitchen! The bed was super comfortable, I could have spent my entire weekend there. And the complimentary breakfast was too cool, with make your own waffles, my 8 yr old daughter LOVED it! Have I mentioned the indoor pool? Yes, this is a great place to stay for any reason!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

I'll be back. Great stay!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

TV in the living area would have been nice, the room we stayed only had a TV in the bed area. We witnessed people from close by hotels come in for breakfast then walk back to their place as we walked the trail by the bay/harbor but I am sure that happens in a lot of hotels.

The staff was great, from the front office, kitchen staff, and housekeeping they all made you feel welcomed. The breakfast was good, there are options for everyone. The allday coffee area is a nice touch. The hotel exceeded my expectations!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Nice location close to SF

You can Hear all between rooms Dinning area to small. Breakfast is to busy,

Location and type of rooom, free parking. Coin laundry machine, soap sold at deskfront. Kitchen with everything needed

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

The first morning of our stay - the breakfast was extremely...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

The first morning of our stay - the breakfast was extremely good and so many choices to choose from . The eggs were especially good and the was plenty of food for all the guests. No complaints 1st morn. How ever ,the second morning was an absolute nightmare. The staff began to close down the breakfastearly , at least 20min too early! At the point of of that disappointing INFO-I tries to be optimistic and begin mulling over my food choices . Well that was very quick as there was NOTHING OUT BUT A 2 JUICE CHOICE! AND as I started to hear many ,many of the guests in the same dilema become very loud and Voice thier disatisfying experience forthe breakfast We were informed by one of the staff members that the reason for the not only disappointing part of the day was caused due to the food delivery for the Hotel had not been made that day before. And subsequently they had run out of everything for anyone else that day. We were never given an apology or a reincheck or even an IOU!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

No breakfast was available even at 8am, said they ran out of...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

No breakfast was available even at 8am, said they ran out of everything. Coffee was unavailable. Both treadmills were out of order. No towels or cups were available in the fitness room. No towels were available in the pool room. Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Will never return.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Nice stay at Homewood Suites.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

Housekeeping could be better. Our room missed one day. On other days could have been more completely cleaned. Left a few undone areas.

Nice breakfast. Liked suite set up. Nice people working esp in dining area and front desk. Loved shuttle convenience and driver.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Very roomy, 15 minutes to SFO, with a only a few things to be concerned about.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We left at 5:30 am to catch a 7 am flight, so we could not utilize the free continental breakfast. The sofa bed was convenient, but the mattress was flimsy, OK for a child, but marginal for an adult. Many rooms are a very long walk from the lobby. I thought this was one of the closest hotels near SFO, but I saw several others closer along the way. It is a 15 minute drive to SFO in good traffic, versus 20 to 25 from Mountain View, which has smaller rooms but much closer to restaurants, stores, and other amentities. Does not give a receipt, said it would be emailed, which it has not. Reservation cannot be cancelled on the day of the reservation, so be aware of that.

Rooms were suite style with a door between the living/kichen room and the master bath and bedroom. It is close to SFO. Prices are reasonable for the room size.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Good!!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

No possibility for buying alcohol, but you can do it in the hotel which is located next to Homewood Suites.. :)

Breakfast was good, we spend a wonderful time there ;)

Best place ive ever stayed at
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

The only thing i didnt like was that the pool was sooo small..

Loved the fact that it was like a home away from home. All staff were sooo nice and helpful if i knew the employees name that helped me id definitley would shout him out !! Thank you so much my family and i will definitley be back !! Lol

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Would stay again, but skip the breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast so-so. Were those instant scrambled eggs? Terrible. Tables dirty, no plain creamer for coffee, no fresh fruit offered until we were on our way out the door.

Bed was like sleeping on a cloud! Gentleman in reception was exceptional. Sincerely friendly and helpful giving us advise about restaurants in the area. I believe his name was Sherwin, Sherman?

location is great

busy breakfast

location is great

Pool.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio with Bay View

Ordered a bay view but didn't get one.

Pool.

Fantastic. I will be back and bring my family with me.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The cellular phone reception was sketchy in places.

The whole facility and its location.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Comfortable and spacious room

Comfortable and spacious room

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Staff, value for money, location and service

Staff, value for money, location and service

Bed was so soft.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

Bed was so soft. Not good for the back

Staff was very helpful and friendly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfy. Loved all the amenities; made my stay easier. Will be returning soon!

But all and all it was ok
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could of been better!

Location right off freeway

Great location, great facilities, great staff.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Location and a great breakfast. Staff were very helpful. It is also a very roomy hotel with Los of space

Won’t stay again
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

The bed, definitely needs to be remodeled

Old. Needs updatiing

Old. Needs updatiing

Free breakfast, the price of the room, the friendly staff.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The train noises, sofa bed mattress was too thin.

Free breakfast, the price of the room, the friendly staff.

Staff are very friendly , location is good, clean

Wish has bigger Parking paces

Staff are very friendly , location is good, clean

Great stay!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

Some of the fixtures need a little TLC, but overall, great!

Not a good stay and would not stay there again.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

The pool was cold. No food for breakfast. Room was small. Pictures were no like the actual hotel

Excellence

No. I have not.

Excellent service, including breakfast and dinner.

I’ll definitely be going back!.
    • Queen Room- Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Everything was 4 star great front desk staff, as well as the Dining staff.

Clean nice staff
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

Food was not all that great and our hot water was just over warm most of the time

Clean nice staff

Rom size and cleanliness
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No restaurant facility for dinner.

Rom size and cleanliness

It was great! We will be staying again!
    • King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

My daughter loves the hotel and the swimming pool! The staff is always friendly!

• Non-Smoking Suite with Bay View

Left a pair of shoes and bodywash in room and housekeeping said that nothing was found. Clearly they have staff that are thieves.

Good value near SFO. Long shuttle ride though.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Really good and plentiful breakfast included.

Comfortable place to stay 👍

No nearby restaurants

I like the cleanliness of the room and the free breakfast 👍

The staff was very rude plus they took more mony

The staff was very rude plus they took more mony

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Manager's reception.

Not as crowded as downtown sf parking was a plus
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The beds were unconfortable. Housekeeping didnt have rowels when we asked.

Not as crowded as downtown sf parking was a plus

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Convenient, friendly, clean and a great value...Homewood Suites is a hit with me...

Room layout Flexible tv viewing Large shower Free breakfast and muncy hour

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Pool closed to early

Pool closed to early

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

No water pressure, uncomfortable mattress, strange...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio

No water pressure, uncomfortable mattress, strange housekeeping procedures. Not a big deal, but would expect better for the money.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Nice breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nice breakfast. Location is good too.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

Dirty bathroom and they did not honor the price I was quoted from your web site. Called the staff and they said they set it straight but still shorted me some money. Not very honest people

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

I really like how clean the room was and how comfortable it...

The pool does not seem sanitary.

I really like how clean the room was and how comfortable it felt. It was under renovations but there was no noise, which was great. Great breakfast options an great location. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

The Hotel overcharged us for our Hotel rates, even though booked through you. No one was available to help us. Took 2 hrs for accountant to correct it. Not Happy!

Comfortable,clean,free breakfast,good location.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Complimentary breakfast and coffee all day.

Cleanliness.

Complimentary breakfast and coffee all day. The breakfast was delicious and I loved how they didn't break down the service right away for closing.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Per booking.

See above...long lines for break fast bad set up

Per booking.com this hotel was listed as pet friendly but was told by the asst manager that " I assure you this is not a pet friendly hotel". Sorry but if it is not pet friendly I assure you I would not force my pet to stay here! He said I will let it slide this time...don't scold me...I Won't stay past one nite not to worry but he said if I stayed past not he would have to do something about it...really? Ok don't worry about I won't come back

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

The hotel is nice and the staff very friendly.

There is no supermarket or convenience store, gas station in the vicinity of the hotel. the closest one was on Camino Real, about 10 minutes drive away. The railway next to the hotel can be a bit noisy for rooms facing that side.

The hotel is nice and the staff very friendly. It's located close to the marina and you can go for a walk easily along the cost. It is also quite close from San Francisco's city when you have a car, 10-15 minutes drive away. Easily accessible. The laundry facilities on site, indoor swimming pool, free parking for residents, kitchen facilities in our room made it very convenient for us travelling with a small child.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

I liked the cleanliness of room and indoor poor.

Just didn't like the location, could hear airplanes all night, but I expected it .

I liked the cleanliness of room and indoor poor. Breakfast was good, had lots of different options to choose from .

• Reviewed: 3 January 2015

Spent the New Year away with friends, we loved this hotel!

The night staff after New Years when we arrived back was a bit rude to us when we asked for extra blankets, maybe she just didn't want to be there but no reason to be rude. Some how the shower head broke off and hit our friend in the head they let us have a late check out although I felt maybe they should've comped us in some way but overall there was nothing else we didn't like.

Spent the New Year away with friends, we loved this hotel! The day staff was friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed how the room was a mini suite with a kitchen fully equipped but the best was how the rooms were separated by the door it made it convenient to sleep and easier for each couple to get ready! Great quiet location not very far from the city. We would definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

Free breakfast and dinner, but not so many variety of food

Far from tourist attractions

Free breakfast and dinner, but not so many variety of food

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Room with a lot of noise from freeway, train, and upstairs...

We asked for upper floor and quiet room But it was not provided

Room with a lot of noise from freeway, train, and upstairs people!!!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

Close to the highway

Good hotel. Breakfast is included

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

Excellent size room with full kitchen facilities, very...

Excellent size room with full kitchen facilities, very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

Staff were friendly and informative.

Staff were friendly and informative.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Clean and easy to find.

Clean and easy to find. Staff and housekeeping were great.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

Most of the hotel areas were very smelly, this is not accepted. the rate was very expensive

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Easy access to airport

No option to add a roll-away bed

Easy access to airport

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

Rude and unhelpful staff at check in.

Rude and unhelpful staff at check in. Poor value for money.

There are also 31 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.