Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah 3 stars

5820 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405, USA

#77 of 135 hotels in Savannah

Nightmare management who don't take responsibility for their employees actions. Steer clear.
    • Two Bedroom Suite

The management was a nightmare. We arrived on a Thursday and I gave the the card to charge for the rooms, unfortunately they used a card that should not have even been in their system and effectively screwed up my personal checking account rather than our Girl Scout account. I had NO money and no one would do a thing about it the entire visit. I have contacted corporate and am awaiting a reply. Marc the manager would not even come out of his office to speak with me until we got loud and irate on the last day of our stay. NEVER again.

The free breakfast was appreciated. Quentin who works the breakfast area was a shining star! The amount of room in our suite was amazing and having two bathrooms with eight people was a definite plus.

Girl Scout Stay for Historic Savannah
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Sidewalk was slippery due to broken sprinkler head running down walkway.

Just outside of downtown area, yet an easy drive to everything. Free breakfast fed our Troop each morning saving us money.

Awesome stay
    • Double Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the 30 dollar per night valet fee. I also didn't like that the fee was not known until arrival. The valet fee is the only complaint

I hospitality was amazing The room was quite and comfy I love the roof top entertainment they offer.

Always like the evening social, location
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Phones didn't work .Had to be replaced. Door lock (inside pullover) had to be replaced. House keeping should've reported this. One repair man for this hold place? Some remodeling but nowhere hear what it was 4/5 years ago

Always like the evening social, location

our stay was over all good, probably would stay again...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room at back of hotel had noisy road behind it. The back entrance door was very loud , banging most of night too! But next day they moved us to another room, it was supposed to be non smoking. Turned out that someone had been smoking in that room. They moved us again within 30 min. . But at end all turned out, we at least had 2 good nights rest.Most of our stay we could not get wifi , that was frustrating ... This hotel is a little pricey, but was okay for price...

bed was comfortable, good food,clean rooms,and very pretty court yard with gazebo and beautiful old tree. pool looked great, but did not get to use it.

2 Star Hilton
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

When we arrived the staff wasn't very friendly. The breakfast was awful. Upon entering our room we noticed the bed spread was stained. The mirrors in the bathroom were dirty and the elevator made a horrible noise. The way to our elevator was entering the building through a door near a dumpster! Worst Hilton I've ever been to.

Convienient location. Gazebo area was nice. Rooms were large enough.

not good, compared to the last two stay
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access and Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

no vacuum the carpet, towels placed on the towel bar not neatly, bath room floor should be clean better, cover on the kitchen cabinet that support the kitchen sink, not looking at the hose and garage dispostal , not enough parking space

Lobby, room ok, clean room late in the day when its almost time for bed again

Overall I would stay again, it is really a great hotel!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No wi-fi connection our entire stay. I couldn't conduct any business while I was there. Notified front desk & they could only give me their 800 to troubleshoot.

Beds were very comfortable. Free, full hot breakfast. My husband doesn't eat pork & they happily accommodated him with Turkey bacon even though there was none on the menu that day!

Spacious rooms, not in central location

During our stay, the hotel was fully booked, and it felt like the staff was overwhelmed. They were not able to provide us with the rooms we requested (we booked three rooms), the breakfast was lacking and often we were left without any plates or utensils. For those who want to see Savannah for a few days with young children, the location of the hotel is a bit far from the main attractions.

For a family, the rooms are spacious and accommodating. The cleaning staff was nice and responded to our requests.

Staff was nice and pleasant.
    • Double Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Beds were not comfortable and the room was very noisy facing the street. Couldn’t sleep well for 5 nights. Also, I stayed in the first floor and was not pleased hearing all the walking and going from the guest upstairs all hours of the night. Very upset about trying to get some sleep with the street noise by my window and the noise on the upper room. They could do better on this..

Staff was nice and pleasant.

Unpleasant start to say the least and not what I expected to deal with on my vacation.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

First thing I saw as I waited to check in was the live roach on the wall above the popcorn machine in the entrance lobby. Anyhow I had made reservations one month in advance and on arrival was given a handicap room, not what I requested or expected. The room had a horrible stench, linens and towels looked and smelled unclean. Also, bed pillow had a blood stain....gross. I called them and they brought in a ozone air cleaner (didn't help) and a clean pillow. Unfortunately had to stay in there the night, no other rooms were available. Next day got a different room. That one the carpet smelled like feet and I hardly slept because the room faced White Bluff....non stop traffic noise.

Good location close to shops and only 15 minutes to historic area.

Has potential to be nice hotel if they cleaned better and spuced it up a bit.
    • Double Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

You can hear every word that someone speaks from the other rooms. I even heard snoring from the room behind me. It was dirty and my sheets didnt get changed even though I asked for them to. Seems they put all the effort into the common areas and let the rooms falls to the wayside.

There is a lot of space in the rooms. The lobby and common areas are nice.

Clean the windows!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

All was OK, except the windows, wich were never cleaned on the outside, to the point we could not see the garden and the noisy corridor entry doors, BANG! n times.

Felt welcome and Jeremiah at the reception was the best.

Only downside was how far the laundry room was to our room

Felt welcome and Jeremiah at the reception was the best. Clean and good location. Recommend 100%

helpful staff, comfortable bed, good towels
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Noisy, needs better sound proofing in room. Could hear conversation and music in room next to ours.

good breakfast, liked the cookies set out in the afternoon

nice but the extra fees when I got home were a downer on the trip
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

After booking with you I thought my bill was payed in full. Wrong. It was another $200.00 for taxes and fees. Big disappointment.

The social in the evenings was and extra bonus.

No hot water, filthy pull out couch, run down hotel. No bueno.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The facility itself is run down. If I paid for a motel 6 I would have expected it but I was pretty horrified after spending almost $200/nt. This is not a well kept property, period. Expect dirty elevators and hallways, etc. The pull out couch was downright filthy. I went and told the front desk and was told to email housekeeping. I would never ever stay again.

Breakfast was pretty good, decent variety of options. The bed was comfortable

King bed in separate room.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Low water pressure. Difficult to enter building with luggage cart because doorway and aisle area was narrow.

King bed in separate room. Spacious kitchen.

Rooms were lovely.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

Rooms were lovely. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect. The hotel is close enough to the city to experience it but also far enough away to where it was secluded an private. Wonderful place to stay.

Kitchen facilities were helpful.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hot tub was broken. The breakfast was chaotic. So many people , the staff had a hard time keeping up.

Kitchen facilities were helpful. Staff was quick to help with our needs.

This hotel is my 1st pick when I visit Savannah Ga
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

I had to park in front of a business so I had little sleep due to me being scared my truck may get towed throughout the night and early morning especially without having a sticker displaying I'm a guest at a nearby hotel. I literally thought every trash truck and big vehicle was a tow person!

I love staying at this hotel when I visit Savannah!The facility,staff,and breakfast are very nice! My room is more than comfy it's a lil bite of heaven!

Beautiful hotel and great location.
    • Double Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

There was a minor plumbing problem in my building only due to a guest flushed baby wipes in the commode but the hotel management immediately had a plumbing company on-site to fit the problem. They also are providing a free night stay at any of their hotels. They were unable to discount our hotel bill since I booked my hotel stay directly through booking.com.

The suite was very nicely decorated, spacious and comfortable. The bed was soft but firm and the hotel was located within 10 to 15 minutes from Savannah's historical district and the riverfront.

great place to stay, close to town, but not right in town
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

had to ask for extra towels, but came right away

nice breakfast variety, roomy, had four people and everyone was comfortable, staff was excellent and very accommodating

Why we won't stay at this Hilton location again.

We didn't like that we were given only 3 washcloths, two bath towels for a 7 day stay for two people. Not adequate. We asked for more on the 3rd day and they gave us two more towels and two more washcloths. We ended up going to Walmart and buying washcloths. The refrigerator would not cool and the door would not close properly. The couch was EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE. Needs to be replaced. The only chair in the living room (not counting the desk chair) was apparently for a tall, large person, because neither my husband or I could comfortably sit in it. I was hoping for a walk in shower, not a tub shower. It was very difficult for me to get in and out of the tub in my condition. Some of the carpets are shabby and need replacing.

The staff was excellent. We were there celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary. We have stayed at this location at least 4 times previously, through the years, but feel that it is in definite need of renovation. It did not represent the Hilton name very well. The food served at the meals was good and plentiful. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Great for a short stay on our way to our family event.
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom Double Suite

Availbility to get to parking lot from room 1 and visa versa. The doors were not wide enough to get suitcases and open the next door by the stairs. More space is needed or automatic doors. Very difficult.

Breakfast was lovely and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Over all a good stay. Nice for families.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

When going out for the day we would leave our sign off the door to make sure we'd get clean towels and the room cleaned up. We did receive towels, and beds were made, but our tiny trash cans were not emptied at all. By the end of our stay they were overflowing and we were using our own bags to collect trash. Also we had ran out of toilet paper, and never received a new roll. I would think toilet paper would be provided by the property. TP and trash seem pretty basic, so that was disappointing.

Most of the staff were very helpful and polite. I enjoyed the pool area, and our room was clean. Breakfast was overall pretty good, and comfortable area to eat. The evening snacks were a really nice touch for something extra special that most places don't offer.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The rates too high.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rates too high. I hate the fact tgat my hilton points are used towards my lodging due to third party. However, i was told through hilton rewards i could use them either. Information not accurate

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Not bad. Little pricey.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pull out couch was awful,mattress too thin. Bathroom wasn't that clean. Shower was slow to drain.

Breakfast was delicious. Lots of variety. Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Clean friendly place to stay.

? Really wasn't any complaints

The room was very clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay here again and I will recommend it to others. 😀

I was very pleased with the staff the room to die for breakfast not do happy but I will definitely s
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

Breakfast could have been just plain bacon and scrambled eggs homemade oatmeal just a simple southern breakfast was very disappointed went to the Waffle House and ate

The staff was so nice took time to explain directions gave advice on eating places offered us snacks so friendly

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The suites were very roomy.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Separate buildings. Booked into second floor of a building with NO elevator. We are too old to carry bags and climb a flight of stairs to get to room.

The suites were very roomy.

Comfortable stay
    • Double Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Late night staff is limited so there was a little wait for our request for extra linens, but they were very nice and explained why there would be a wait for delivery. They gave us the option to come to the desk to pick up our own linens or to wait for delivery when a second staff member areived.

Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Parked 6 feet from our hotel door!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

Our first room smelled a little musky/moldy - we moved to another room and it was great!

it was great parking near the door to our unit and not having to go thru a hallway and wait for an elevator. Breakfast was great!!

Great hotel and location.
    • Double Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

I wish the room had a dvd player.

Hotel was great and a great location. Breakfast was good and the reception dinner was nice. The reception dinner is Mon-Thurs. All the wine and tap beer included. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. About 15-20 min to River Street, City Center and Tybee Island. There were complaints listed that Homewood is hard to find. There is a small sign on White Bluff Rd and a decent size sign on Abercorn. Problem is that there is a lot of other hotels and businesses around with their signs and busy traffic, lot of congestion to deal with. On White Bluff Rd, look for Residence hotel, Homewood is right next door, on Abercorn look for Residence hotel and All State insurance, Homewood and All State share the same drive. Homewood office is behind the All State office. If you book on line, verify your booking price and the rate they put on your card before checking in, bring it to their attention BEFORE checkout if it's wrong, they will correct it BEFORE final checkout. If you wait till you're checked out and then report the problem, there may be headaches for you. My adjustment with my booking confirmation made my bill adjustment an easy transaction. White Bluff Rd and Abercorn Rd are very busy rds, so if your room faces White Bluff Rd, you will hear the traffic. There is a little strip plaza within walking distance, Starbuck, a grocery store, Mexican restaurant, and a couple other misc stores there. CVS is at the red light. I really enjoyed the Hotel and location. I will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Spacious, well appointed rooms!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

The pool wasn't completely clean; Spanish miss and leaves were floating in it. My daughter found a cigar in it. :(

The rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable, and well appointed. The grounds were very well kept. My children loved the basketball court and pool. The main lobby, breakfast and check in area was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access

The breakfast lady was rude and in our way, talking too early in the morning, standing at guests tables talking instead of working. Some of the male staff were too intrusive and flirting and made our stay uncomfortable. Overall, just a poor experience.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Nice hotel. Great city
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Internet was often not working enough to use.

Unable to accommodate large breakfast crowd. Place was very nice and a straight shot to downtown. We had a few maintenance issues and it was taken care of immediately.

Nice suites for families
    • Double Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Big mess during breakfast - constantly missing products, definitely a room for improvement in this matter

clean, nice suites, decently equipped kichinettes, heated pool, enough parking spaces

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Enjoyable, staff were excellent.

Not a thing.

The breakfast buffet was great and the Waffle bar was fun. My granddaughter enjoyed making her own waffle. We stayed durning Christmas and left a bag the staff called 5 minutes after we left. They saved Christmas for our family.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Great value for such a nice room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access

If you want to be a stickler then I suppose the inside of the buildings (not the rooms or the main office) could have been nicer. Not really a big deal.

The rooms were nice

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Felt like home
    • King Suite with Fireplace - Smoking

If I had to share something..... I'm really not a fan of cloth covered furniture. Skin flakes and all that kind of stuff. So I just covered them with spare sheets from the bedroom closet.

I enjoyed the sleep. Very comfortable bedding. Loved the layout of the suite. All inclusive. Large refrigerator. Appreciated the Top notch bath products.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Nice room, breakfast and lite fare in the evening.

Quieter room. Due to traffic

Nice room, breakfast and lite fare in the evening. Extremely nice staff. Room was located on very busy street. White Bluff? Somewhat irritating trying to sleep but after first night, it was easier.

I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Savannah area very nice.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maybe if i could check in earlier would've been better but over-all no complaints.

Very nice and comfortable place to stay and the breakfast was awesome.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

good and bad, but mostly good
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

the pool was in poor condition, ladder broken, dirty, hot tub didn't work and the picture on the website was not the same as the one we saw on location

room was very comfortable and big, the free breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

This is where I'll always stay when in Savannah
    • King Room - Smoking

I liked the rooms. The appliances were a great touch. I always bring a lot of water, sodas, food on trips. So having a full sized refrigerator was awesome! The pool was cool. Enjoyed having a hot breakfast without having to drive somewhere else.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Nice hotel, friendly staff could use some better housekeeping & noise control
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness loudness of door slamming all night. We were on a corner room and thats all I heard all night so it sounded as if someone was coming in my room all night. I did not sleep well at all and it scared my kids.

Spacious and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

My First Time
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

The major issues I had were the check in process because it took too long waiting and the door to my room. The door seemed as if someone had previously kicked it in. Although the door closed,you still could see the light on the outside coming through the opening of the door. It was not secured at all, that was not comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Breakfast hours could be extended, when a family has younger...
    • King Suite with Fireplace - Smoking

Extended breakfast hours, rude housekeeper the first day.

Breakfast hours could be extended, when a family has younger children/children it is difficult to be up and presentable for lobby dining by 9:30. The spa jacuzzi needed to be repaired, so it could be enjoyed. The 1st day housekeeper ignored our needs. The rest of the experience was well.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Nice rooms!

We went down for breakfast on Sunday at 9 and nothing was left

The layout of the rooms were great. The breakfast wa very good and the staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

If you must stay here, ask for a room with a fireplace.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We visit Savanah at least twice a year. We decided to change it up and stay at this hotel instead of the Hampton inn. Bad idea! We arrived around 2pm, just to be told by the lady at the desk that we were too early for check in and we would have to wait. We got a room but there were disclaimers, "I can put you in a room but in that building the elevator is out of order and we have nothing on the first floor". We go into the room and the sour smell took our breathes away! There was mold or dirt near the tub. The toilet would not stop running. The door knobs were loose coming off the door and there were holes in our sheets We could not get in touch with a manager. We were told that there would not be a manager working on a holiday weekend. We were subsequently moved to a much better room and weren't able to speak to management until we got back home. The GM was helpful though.

We did like the fact that once we finally got in touch with a manager, she was helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Accommodations could have been better for the price.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness could have been better. we had to ask for the shower curtain to be changed because of the smell. Saw a dead roach for 2 days in hallway during our stay. TVs were broken and were not replaced during our stay.

we liked the space. Location was ok. Staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Comfortable and spacious retreat just outside the city, with free parking!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

If you happen to have a very loud group staying across from you, the soundproofing in the living area of the suite may not keep sound out quite as well as you'd like. However, the sleeping area we used had an additional set of doors between it and the hallway, so it didn't affect our sleep at all. (We really wouldn't blame the hotel for a noisy guest anyway.)

The property is a little awkward to navigate at first, but is rather insular once you figure it out, and luckily it's only about 15 minutes to downtown (the main route being a beautiful oak lined street through the city). They have everything onsite that you might need. The suites offer plenty of living and sleeping space, with a full kitchen, and there is even an outdoor gazebo/cookout area on the grounds! The gorgeous and modernly decorated lobby is where breakfast and weekday dinner receptions are served (for free). It is a truly welcoming and comfortable place to stay, even for just a night, but especially for extended stays.

Ok but overpriced. Not a Hilton for sure
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

Old facility. No ac in elevators bad entrance to and from room

Helpful staff

No transportation to downtown

Helpful staff

This hotel would be ideal for someone wanting to say for a few days to explore the area.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our suite was by the side of the main road and was a little noisy

The suite was well equipped and very comfortable.

Loved the people, loved the room, great experience.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved the people, loved the room, great experience. We will be back again.

Everything was excellent the breakfast was excellent I...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was excellent the breakfast was excellent I enjoyed myself there

Wedding guests in Savannah
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom Double Suite

Phones not working properly and hottub was down

The Staff,especially Shania front desk

extremely hard to locate even with a gps

extremely hard to locate even with a gps

OK
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The building is not up to Homewood suite brand

The staff were excellent! - Cheery, Positive, Friendly

Very convenient and comfortable.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The stairs. Need rubber runners on stairs. Slick when wet. Fall hazard.

The staff was friendly and very helpful.

Lock on door was broke had to wait over hour for maintenance...
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

Lock on door was broke had to wait over hour for maintenance to arrive.

Awesome
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It rain no fault of you all

Everything was great

Everything was wonderful!

Everything was wonderful!

Poor
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

Torn curtains, our door jammed & we couldn't get into our room wo staff using a tool to break in!

Sep rooms/suite style for kids

Great for families
    • Non-Smoking Two Bedroom Double Suite

The rooms were exactly what we needed for a family of 3 adults and 3 children.

Customer service wasn't very good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Customer service wasn't very good.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

I like everything overall

I like everything overall

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Best hotel for location and price.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great. Quiet room with a huge bed. Nice outside accommodations as well.

Friendly staff

Breakfast wasn't very tasty

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Breakfast was good.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Staff was not friendly or accommodating. Management did a good job handling issues.

Breakfast was good. Parking wasn't bad.

Super big rooms, great free breakfast!
    • Double Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Didn't offer help to bring our luggage on the second floor.

Super big rooms, great free breakfast! Pillows and beds were super comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Our room was dirty and smelled terrible.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Our room was dirty and smelled terrible. The bed was broken and lopsided. One of the blankets was a mattress cover.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Spacious.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Me and my spouse didn't didn't think the bed was comfy. Big but firm.

Spacious. Looked exactly like the photo !

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017