Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport - Westshore 3 stars

5325 Avion Park Drive, Tampa, FL 33607, USA

#30 of 120 hotels in Tampa

Very enjoyable overall.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was a little cramped for 4 people.

The location for getting around Tampa was good. The choice of breakfast items was very good. The close proximity of a decent restaurant was a bonus.

Property was centrally located and close to everything.
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room I reserved was not available. My room wasn't clean. Trash was left from the previous guest and the linen was dingy on two of my beds. Also the stove wasn't clean. I notified the front desk and everything was corrected but it concerned me a lot and left me with a bad first impression. Things got a lot better during my stay.

Property was centrally located and close to everything. The complimentary breakfast was A plus except we don't eat pork.. so no meat for us. Enjoyed the pool!

Awesome stay! Would definitely stay there again.

Elevators were slow.

I loved the room size. The kitchen was very useful for a family trip. I traveled with children so it was really nice to have a kitchen and living room! Staff were really nice and location was great!

Other than the incident mentioned, our stay was a
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front doors were locked at some point because of an event and we were locked out even though we had a keycard. It didn’t work. Front desk staff took a while to let us in. We were tired, waiting in vestibule with an infant.

Check in was easy. Dinning staff was excellent. Food was hot.

Booked through booking.

Booked through booking.com, and when we got to the hotel the rooms we booked and had conformation numbers for, were not the rooms we recieved. Totally unexceptable when traveling with a group of 15+ people. We stayed the whole weekend, and supposedly no managers work on the weekend, from friday evening to sunday at check-out time, to resolve any issues!! We've stayed here previously, but im not sure if we will be staying again! Totally disappointing to say the least!

Convenient to the airport
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The room across the hall from us was having an all night party. Management tried to get them to be quiet, but they would not!

Convenient to the airport

Excellent service, amenities, staff, food and very clean.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Very clean hotel with heated pool accompanied by an outdoor gas fire pit and lounge chairs. Very inviting and surprisingly quiet even though only 1.2 km from Tampa airport. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Breakfast offers lots of options with a free 5-7 p.m. meal offering complete with complimentary glass of wine or beer. A-1 shuttle connected to hotel provides free shuttle to airport. Plan to leave 15-30 mins. earlier for flights as shuttle pick up arrived 20 mins late and only offers approximate times for pick up (every 30 mins. during day hours). International Plaza across highway is not within walking distance, but free shuttle will take you there. Pick up a shuttle schedule at hotel front desk. Excellent hotel. Would definitely stay again.

We had to leave!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Roaches! We should not have to deal with something like this on vacation! With a trusted hotel brand. So disappointed in this hotel and company. It looks great from the outside, but how disgusting to come back from shopping and find multiple cockroaches on the walls and tv! Not only that, I walked past the linen closest and the sheets and towels were all on the floor and thrown all over the place. I should have taken a picture, but didn't have my phone. There was a girl at customer service who thought that this was just so funny. That's probably because she already knew about it. How else would she be that calm and laughing. We wasted our entire night trying to find a new hotel.

It is close to the airport and shopping malls. The shuttle takes you to and from the airport.

Convenient hotel, clean, but forgetful staff
    • King Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast Sub par Housekeeping very slow to clean a room After missing first opportunity, initial call and two reminders needed Safe battery was empty and non functional repair was promised but never happened

Convenient free parking, Nice patio to enjoy local weather

We arrived at midnight and had reserved 4 rooms.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

We arrived at midnight and had reserved 4 rooms. There were only 3 rooms available, but the staff worked their magic and found one room across the street - walking distance. The staff was very helpful and helped us any way they could. We asked for a late checkout and they were very accommodating. We were taking a cruise and needed transportation for 15 people to the cruiseport, which they arranged. They had their stapler out Saturday morning so that we could attach our cruise luggage labels. A very good experience.

Good besides the cleanliness of room 704
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Shower and shower curtain wasn’t cleaned. Appears to be blood and buggers on curtain.

I always choose homewood suits when traveling with young kids to have a separate room.

It had free shuttle service from the airport and to the mall.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

It was far from most places and you needed to take a shuttle.

It had free shuttle service from the airport and to the mall. The room was huge and the breakfast was awesome. Friendly staff and a nice outdoor sitting area with a fire pit.

Other than Air Con issues, good place to stay.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our Air Con didn't work, we had to have the technician come in at around 10pm. In the end, it worked, but what we didn't realize was that it was leaking water (right into our luggage). It's not really the fault of the hotel, just unlucky I guess. But don't put your luggage near the Air Con unit.

Good staff, easy check in, free parking was close by and easy. Room was nice and big.

Best stay ever near an airport
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Check-In staff was super friendly, breakfast is awesome (the best I've ever had at a hotel), very nice and clean hotel, room was very spacious, quiet location.

overall excellent,I always stay at a Homewood Suites,since stumbling upon 1 in Dallas in 2014
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The night staff seemed too thin,which increased their frustration or it appeared as such,the luggage carts were old and not easy to use,and after discovering the ice maker wasn’t working,i had to literally beg the desk clerk for ice,after stating several times there was no ice machine in the kitchen,he finally relented,and gave me some ice from the kitchen,it was my only drawback,he was fairly nice,but seemed frustrated

I thought the facility was clean,the room was comfortable,nice ambiance

loved the fit pit.

would have been better if the king size sheets and quited mattress cover, fit the mattress. they kept popping off the corners

loved the fit pit. it was a great place for all my family to come and gather around and discuss our iterary for the wedding. very family friendly even if the family that came to visit wasn't staying there.

Great weekend with good friends in an awesome hotel.
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The orange juice seems to be freshly squeezed but it tasted a little funny the 1st time around....maybe the oranges were a little too ripe that day because the next day it was much better other than that there is nothing I can complain about.

The property had a wonderful and helpful staff as well as continental breakfast. The room was very spacious and housekeepers were also very nice and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to any and all my friends.

the studio was spacious the bed was very comfortable I like...

I liked every thing

the studio was spacious the bed was very comfortable I like the kitchenette the breakfast was good overall homewood suites was excellent I would recommend this hotel Spring R Orlando Fla

All the staff was great

The pillows

The staff was great. The food was really good and thought the hurricane Irma I felt safe and ready for what ever God had in store for us. Meet a lot of friends and live my stay very much.

A one night stay to get organized before moving my daughter into USF
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

There is nothing I didn't like however a lot of people stay there who are patients of the Laser Spine Institue so I felt bad for everyone who was there for a problem but there was nothing bad at all. Staff was great, place was clean and the rooms were quite nice.

the bed and pillows were so comfortable. its a great place to spend a night when you get into tampa late so that you can travel where you have to be the next morning. There is a restaurant in the same vicinity too so that you can eat dinner there and you dont have to drive anywhere and inthe morning they offer a great buffet

Great to and from stop for early departure and late return
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have had more choices but it was adequate

Beds were very comfortable and the staff was very friendly.. we had a 2 bedroom suite and enjoyed having the space! I booked my car for the week at the A1 garage next door.The shuttle service was great and prompt and people were friendly. The shuttle is 24 hours and we only waited a few minutes at the hotel and at the airport . Great place to stay prior to an early morning flight and when we returned on a late night flight. No hassles !!!

Wonderful

All, specially the staff

A very confortable Room with very friendly staff, Carlos was very helpful with us , he speak spanish and made us feel confidentes.

Great stay! Highly recommend.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

There is nothing that I really didn't like. Like I said everything was great. If I had to pick anything then it would be the pool. The pool could have been a little cleaner, but the weather wasn't very cooperative so that could explain the debris in the pool.

The entire staff were very nice, helpful and professional. Breakfast was great and very clean. Rooms and all was very clean. I was glad to see that they accepted pets, although I did not bring ours but now I know the next time I can.

Room and breakfast were ok, staff was horrible and feel that it's ok to overcharge you.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Unfriendly staff, charged more than quoted, overcharged without explanation and when called to review bill differences the staff was extremely rude and tried to tell me all hotels overcharge and that they don't need to inform you of that when checking in or checking out. Management needs to educate staff on policies to follow explaining all charges, especially when they're overcharging you. Be extremely cautious when booking this hotel site.

Clean spacious room

Tampa is beautiful, a must is seeing the
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

When arriving at the airport and calling for shuttle we were told go to A1. We assumed A1 meant and area of the airport. Wrong. A1 is the shuttle bus name. Only downfall of our stay.

Breakfast was very good every morning. Staff went out of their way to make every aspect of our stay comfortable

Nice place in a bad location!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Location was noisy, pool was dirty and the courtyard by the pool smelled like a sewer. Would not stay there again!

Room was clean and staff very helpful.

After travelling for 16 hours it was a good place to rest.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

There were no sheets for the pull up bed in the room; they were delivered (really crumpled) whilst we were out eating. It would have been nice if they'd made the bed up for us as we were extremely tired.

Rachel on reception was amazing. When we arrived the suite we had booked was unavailable so we were given two adjacent king sized rooms instead. She handled the situation really really well and we were happy with the substitution.

Great Place
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was great. Clerk who checked us in was wonderful. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty. Only complaint was a bowl that was put away in cabinet with food caked on it

We had an amazing stay and would definitely recommend them to anyone.
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

There wasn't any washclothes in the whole suite but were brought right up to us when we called the desk and asked for them.

The breakfast was great every morning we were there and if they ran out of something they would go to the kitchen and get whatever you needed. The beds were sooo comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud. They even upgraded our room because sometimes the 3rd floor smells like smoke which was awesome because my son has asthma. Also I requested a pack and play at check-in and the man made it to our room before we did and he helped us bring all of our things in and removed everything from the luggage trollies and brought them back to the lobby for us.

The experience was good I will go back
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

I think they need to update tha bathrooms I think the pool is small

The breakfast was great and the activities that they have every day in the afternoon are awsome

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

EXTREMELY EXCELLENT HOTEL!!!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The only downside was that the hotel seemed too close to the parking lot, which was several stories high. I was nervous that someone could look into my room from the parking lot when the curtains were open.

Exceeded all my expectations. Could not have asked for better accommodations. I plan to book this hotel again. Also, I would definitely recommend this hotel to both friends and family staying in the area.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable.
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our refrigerator did not work and when we got back to the room late after a concert our smoke detector battery was chirping. I called the front desk and was told there front desk person could not leave the desk and there was no one on else on staff to help. Was told to disconnect it from the ceiling on my own.

Rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. I also found the staff to be very friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Nice, big, comfy room and great perks!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The "social" was a great bonus! Complimentary breakfast was better than most. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. They upgraded us to a two bedroom suite and this was a great way to end our vacation!

When im whit my family everything it's fine for my
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Bathroom is on really bad condition. I have some pictures of them . The WiFi sign was a hard time to get it

When im whit my family everything it's fine for my

Awesome hotel to stay in, you won't regret it!!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

I loved everything about it!

The suite was awesome! We had 2 bedrooms, living room,kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 3 televisions, 2 irons with board, 2 hair dryers, 1 king bed and 2 queen beds. The bed felt like you were sleeping on a cloud. Choose room 512, it has an excellent view of the pool and the bonfire. Oh, I forgot to mention that it has an outside bonfire with seating all around it outside by the pool. Great spot to relax and unwind and heat up if the weather is a little chilly. Breakfast is also included in your stay and is very complete with a hot and cold variety! We just loved it and would definitely stay again and will highly recommend it! You won't regret it!!

excellant
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We got there early and they gave us the best room my grand children were able to see the planes taking off and landing the whole time but there was no noise. The staff was Awesome super helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

It was clean
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

It was frustrating to get there at 1 AM with 4 adults and 1 child---17 years old---exhausted and the booking said maximum occupancy 5. We had 5 and 2 beds. I was told most people have small children and sleep 3 in a king. Well my children are 23,22,21 and 17 so the 3 women had to sleep in the king. If you're going to advertise sleeps 5 then make sure you have enough beds to sleep 5. Breakfast was a cluster. Couldn't keep up with the number of people coming in. They were very friendly though.

It was clean

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Great value, convenient location, great experience!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool not cleaned, lots of debris. Expected more even though the winds were higher than usual. Pillows virtually disappear, not supportive at all.

Convenient location, friendly staff, very quiet for being next to airport, weekday mixers well done, breakfast was above average, restaurants and shopping nearby. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Execellent location, great rooms and very close to alot of shopping!!!!
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only complaint I have is when we checked out from our stay our credit cards were charged for extra things we had not charged but we contacted the staff and they cleared everything up!!

The food was amazing, staff was very friendly and made everything run smoothly!!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Homewood suites are always a great stay when your not at home
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Back of bathroom door inside needed a good scrub, pots with bottom burnt by previous use

Highly functional great outdoors space for coffee, eating breakfast and recreation

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Suitable for a business trip
    • King Studio - Smoking

This is a business hotel room very basic and too be honest not worth the money glad we only booked two nights .no where to eat

Lovely breakfast really nice staff

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Dirty sheets and thieving staff!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The sheets were clearly dirty and covered in hairs. It was disgusting so we asked to be moved to another room and got an upgrade which was nice but then the staff stole our stuff. It was a terrible stay. We are still waiting for the manager to tell us exactly how they will compensate us. Please dont stay at this hotel.

The pillows were nice.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Great breakfast and rooms

The dining room manager was very rude and nasty during breakfast to the point where she was yelling at the staff in front of the guest making it very uncomfortable.

Great breakfast and rooms

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Pet friendly & expensive
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

They charged me $100 extra for my 8 lb dog, even though I was staying there due to a hurricane evacuation. This was price gouging plain answer simple!

Breakfast was ok

I loved the location and how relaxing it was there

I loved the location and how relaxing it was there

The stay was great everyone had a great time
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

That they didn’t serve dinner during the weekend

The hospitality of the staff

Perfect for all of USA
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Clean, spacious,everything you need.

The accommodations for my family of 7 was perfect. 2 bedroom 4 beds and sofa couch. 2 restrooms. Excellent 7

Looking forward to booking in the near future
    • King Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything was great

So clean

Not want to go home!!!

Not have a view.☹️

I loved everything, not want to leave.

nice hotel but terrible internet

internet & Wi-Fi was horrible

nice facility & staff. 2room suite was very accommodating

Perfect location

Super clean ,wonderful breakfast ,great rooms

Perfect location

Everything was nice
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

One of the beds was not comfortable it sink down I. The middle of the bed and made a lot of noise...

Everything was nice

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

We had an upgrade in our room and it was very nice!

Short but nice.

View.

Bed was very comfortable.

Excellent hotel and close to the Airport
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Large room with inter connecting room adjacent which would ideally suite a family of four. The room was clean and a very comfy bed

Great service, food, clean
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Enjoyed everything about this property.

5 mins from Tampa International Airport. Quiet location.

Enjoyed staying at this hotel.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Pillows; dimly lit bathroom mirror area.

Cleanliness, very roomy, ceiling fan, kitchen.

Not great.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Room looked into the parking garage. Refrigerator was really loud. It was expensive for Homewood.

It's reliable and just OK.

Awesome
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

I truly enjoyed my stay everything was great especially their breakfast.

The room was awesome and the front desk was very helpful
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms were not cleaned daily and we had to ask for help

The room was awesome and the front desk was very helpful

Overall it’s a great place to stay in a convenient and safe area
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

the Bathroom can use some updating

Friendly staff and the ease of parking your vehicle next door

Location and parking

Location and parking

Awesome

Everything waz good

every thing

Comfortable and easy
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Everybody and everything was good.

The overall service was great.

I loved the suite room and the continental breakfast.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

I loved the suite room and the continental breakfast. The outdoor space with the fire pit was nice too on chilly mornings sipping coffee.

bacon greasy

hurricane irma ;)

bacon greasy

Very nice well kept jotel
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Staff and was very clean

I recommend this suite, close enough for your comfort, and far enough away for your privacy
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast buffet, everything was clean including the pool

Just ok - nothing special

Late check-out request - given 30 minutes / stingy

Wifi unstable

awesome

everything-was-good

yes-to-all

They were great and very accommodating.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Not a thing would definitely stay again if in the Tampa area.

Breakfast was better than most that I have had at facilities offering free breakfast.

Beds were clean and soft

Beds were clean and soft

When they clean after a guest has left, they need to look...
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

When they clean after a guest has left, they need to look under the stands, beds, and tables for trash

Not enough lights!