Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport 3 stars

180 Breunig Road, New Windsor, NY 12553, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in New Windsor

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

Our room smelled like smoke so they sent a maintenance man in and he unloaded a can of air freshener which made us gag...ridiculous. One day at the pool I needed to use the restroom and an employee was in the bathroom for 20 min no exaggeration and when came out acted like cleaning it but had nothing but a toilet brush and no apologies. They must have taken a break in there...VERY unprofessional!!!! And failed to clean our room one day and receptionist never apologized and sent housekeeper at 5:00 that night! Seriously????

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

we are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids. Try to book a 2 bed room but they only had 1 king bed and a small sleeper sofa - asked to see if they had an extra bed for my oldest son but they did not have one. Both of my kids slept uncomfortable.

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

There were a lot of noises from other guests at all hours of the night. I'd like to get a quieter section next time.

The room and the pool area was very nice.

• 1 King Studio Suite Smoking

Hot water was not adequate on the night of our arrival. In the morning it took a long, long time for the hot water to get to the room. This is a horrible waste of of a lot of water.

A Very Comfortable spacious Suite

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

Handy for airport but would need car if staying here for longer

Our room was huge with even a dishwasher in kitchen area. Was sorry only staying 1night

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn’t like. I will not tell a lie.

I loved the size of the room and the cleanliness. I also love the fact they have different activities mostly every night that offer some type of meal.

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

Our parents were 88 years old and they had the rooms in the furthest point of the hotel from the lobby. Should have booked a handicap room for them. My bad!

The Suite the front desk and kitchen staff.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Smoking

I booked a room for 4 adults and paid for 4 adults.The room I got was a King size bed and a pull-up sofa. The Staff said they have only 6 rooms with double beds, and they were booked. They blame the third party booking service for the error. I could get another hotel if I was informed. The pull-up sofa is not what I had in mind when I booked the room. It was not for a good quality sleep for my son, and my daughter had to sleep on the floor because it was not possible to sleep two adults on the pull-up. I'm very disappointed.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Sofa bed was very uncomfortable and some areas of hotel could use updating.

All breakfast selections were great and the area was always kept very clean.

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

There was nothing that we could make a fuss about. Just wished we could stay longer...😊

The whole experience was OUTSTANDING. The management staff very very professional. Totally enjoyed our stay. Wish we could have stayed one more night... Thanks for the experience.

• 2 Queen Beds One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Kinda off the beaten path

Included salad, soup, and cheese enough for a full supper Included breakfast too Great space with kitchenette ice box and refrigerator

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• 1 King Studio Suite Smoking

There was a small issue with my room key. However, front desk took care of it right away.

Very clean and comfy rooms! Well stocked kitchen. Modern furniture and fixtures. Large complimentary breakfast, each morning they offered a different variety to choose from. Fresh coffee all day. My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights and added an additional night after experiencing such a great stay. Housekeeping made sure that we had fresh towels each morning.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The mattresses were past their prime. They could use some new ones, especially the king. The heater/ac was loud, my husband had to lay towels on it just so that it didnt vibrate and keep us all up at night, both the kids and our room had the same unit and same issue. The pool is small, we have an above ground pool in our backyard at home and it is larger than the hotels. My kids really don't care, they love to swim either way!! Master bath was small, I guess I am used to having at least a Jacuzzi tub or a walk in shower. Here its just a standard tub/shower layout with a toilet - vanity is outside the door, across from the bathroom. The rooms are dated too, if they were able to make some updates I would be willing to pay more for a more modern looking room, new carpet and new furniture. Still I am 100% pleased with my stay, would highly recommend it to anyone, but especially someone with a large family like ours.

The room was super spacious, we were able to fit our family of 6 in there comfortably. Lots of room for everyone - the kids shared beds no problem as they had 2 queens. We had a large room, a king bed, master bathroom, desk, chair and mirrored closet. There was more than enough room for our clothing (we were visiting Bethel and required room to hang our suits and dresses/skirts). The soap, shampoo, lotion and conditioner were all neutrogena and neutral smelling, appreciated by the boys, in addition they had amazing mouthwash. We had a fridge that was clean and were able to pack out lunches to save on some money. Although we didnt use the stovetop, the option was there. Everything in the kitchen was well maintained and clean, I was impressed that I didnt have to deal with a smelly fridge or freezer burned ice cubes. Breakfast is insane! Wow you get everything! Waffles were the breakfast of choice for the family every day. They were fresh, you pour the batter and they cook right there in 2.5 minutes. There were multiple options as well, one day had eggs and bacon, another day was sausage and biscuits, another omelettes and hashbrowns. Yogurt, toast, bagels, scones, cereal, oatmeal, the list goes on.... Everything was delicious and we filled up on breakfast each day before we left. Very very happy about that. Oh and the 2 women who were handling the breakfast area were amazing, they kept everything stocked and clean, and helped the kids who struggled reaching items or pouring drinks. Not to mention very sweet :) The pool area was clean and the kids enjoyed swimming. Housekeeping made our beds and towels nice and neat while we were out for the day, and replenished all of the used toiletries. The hotel also offers a light dinner with complimentary wine or beer. We did not use this feature though as the smell of the food (sauerkraut and hot dogs I think it was the first night) turned our tummies and we went out to eat instead.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

No complaints! Keep up the great job you are doing. I'll be back next trip.

The breakfast was delicious as was the evening happy hour, with wine!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• 1 King Studio Suite Smoking

The rude staff. Avante needs to be fired. He has no customer service skills. He does not care about patient satisfaction. He is a guy that goes to work just for the paycheck. He will not go above and beyond for his customers. He keeps saying that the room is not ready and was never apologetic about it. When asked what went wrong that we can't open our hotel door after a delayed check in. He said "i dont know" and walked away. He does not care that we have a 2 year old and an infant with us. He needs to be fired.

The pool. The spacious room.

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

Great room! Wonderful breakfast, friendly staff. Very clean!!

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

Room Cleanliness did not meet my expectations

Staff

No movies on TV

Staff were very helpful and the breakfast was lovely

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

A little noisy with so many kids

Comfort,pool

Nothing - very pleased

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

our room was far from lobby

very good breakfast

• 2 Queen Beds One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

eggs fluffy bed like a cloud

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

hot breakfast was good, convenient to the airport and rooms well stocked

• 1 King Studio Suite Smoking

Excellent breakfast and afternoon cocktail reception was almost a complete dinner.

• 2 Queen Beds One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The room is very spacious, it was clean. nice breakfast

Breakfast great

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was excellent period!

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

Very convenient for the airport and shopping at Woodbury common. The rooms were spacious with a super king bed that was very comfortable.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything!

Was very good! Airport, Hotel all together saved lots of time for our purpose there. Thank you!

• 2 Queen Beds One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Could not fault anything.

The queen beds were big and super comfy. The Breakfast had everything you could want.

• 1 King Studio Suite Smoking

the staff was friendly and nice .. the room was clean and comfortable

Great breakfasts

Checkout st 11am

• King Accessible Suite- Non-Smoking

Everything is perfect

Nothing! Satisfied guest!

I liked everything, this hotel exceeded my expectation.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• King Accessible Suite- Non-Smoking

missed pastry,muffins. doughnuts other places have on their breakfast bar.

food was hot, plentyful,waffles great, and greateggs.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

Lack of facilities for disabled Staffs lack of attention to requests given disabilities. Breakfast deserved to be frer

Room pool

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• 1 King Studio Suite Non-Smoking

I just thought for where it was, it was a bit pricey.

I liked the Manager.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Unless you go to a B&B, the hotel breakfast isnt great. Helpful staff made up for this.

The room was great. I have stayed at Hilton before around the east coast, and this is up to par with their standards. i could not find something wrong, and i tried to look.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

In room Tea bags and coffee filters are of very poor quality. Undrinkable. Breakfast selection could be better for the price charged.

Staff is friendly and helpful. Location is great. Check in and check out were painless and quick. Rooms are large and comfortably appointed.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

Location was convenient, staff was friendly and the facility felt like home. The breakfast was delicious and a lot of choices were offered. I felt like I was home with my family.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

We were up all night, because of very noisy people next-door had to go to the front desk in the middle of the night called three times it was terrible .

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

no bad experiences - it exceeded my expectations

very comfortable place to stay ( beds were great, good lighting, amenities in suite were very good and it was "homey" if in a rather character-less way), very helpful reception staff, quite a good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

The access from our room to the lobby was tortuous. layout and design could have been much better. Good distance from the elevator locations to the lobby. Other people complained about the same thing in the elevator.

The room accommodations and the breakfast layout.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

Housekeeper did poor job of cleaning room, never left enough towels, had to ask for toilet paper because no extra rolls left

Friendliness of the staff, clean property and very accommodating

• Reviewed: 17 July 2015

The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. It is possibly the best hotel experience we have had!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Even thou there were signs on each floor for Ice and vending machines, there was no vending machines on the floor. When I asked they told me it was because they had the store in the lobby. Keep the store and put at least a soda machine on each floor!

the room was well laid out, clean, with a comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

There was no hot water! After a lot of traveling, a good night's sleep, we woke up to no hot water for a shower, it was very disappointing.

Free dinner, free breakfast. They even held plates of dinner for us because we got stuck behind an accident.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2015

The hotel was extremely accommodating to our early arrival ... The hotel was absolutely perfect .... We will definitely stay again in the near future .

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

The teabags and coffee in the room

Friendly staff. Well equipped kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Not so comfortable to sleep in sofa bed.

Very big room.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Breakfast was terrible

Great bed, room was clean, and the windows opened for fresh air.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Friendly and welcoming staff, super comfy bed - great amenities in room (kitchenette fully kitted out)

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

The walk in shower was awesome.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2015

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Wi-Fi, Iron Table in the room needs better cover

People, Pool, Food, staff were very supportive

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

I liked the light supper, shuttle service, friendly and helpful manager

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were great and the bed was awesome!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

Rooms are small. No water boiler for tea. Price is high.

Clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Bed was very comfortable; breakfast was great; safe, comfortable place; beautiful flowers outside;

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

-Staff was friendly, check in easy -very close to airport without the noise

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

Great, friendly staff. Quiet and centralized location. Big suites and very clean. We'll be back!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

Staff was very helpful and pleasant. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were nice

There are also 51 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.