Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago 3 stars

815 American Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173, USA

#13 of 29 hotels in Schaumburg

Would NEVER stay again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Spare sheets in room were used, dirty, and stained. Called front desk for replacement sheets so I could make up the pull out sofa bed for my kids to sleep. New clean sheets never arrived to our room. Our room also snelled of stale cigarette smoke. Previous guests obviously had been smoking, even though it was a non smoking facility. Building and rooms in need of a lot of repair....gouges in walls, rips in furniture....just not quality at all. Would NOT stay again. Breakfast area in morning was absolutely messy and disgusting. No one cleaning tables or food area.

Pleasant
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Housekeeping came very late. We were out of the room at a reasonable enough time for them to come and did not return until after noon and they did not come. Parking was also a nightmare because so many spots were already reserved for companies, the garage did not feel safe because I had to park high, far, and alone at night in Chicago(and I’m from Chicago). The only time that I returned to my car in the garage was to leave. I Ubered everywhere. (Increased my cost)

The bed was comfy. I caught the flu when I got there so I stayed in the room most of the time.

Very short due to lack of cleanliness.
    • Non-Smoking One Bedroom Double Suite

Hair visible on bathroom floor. Cabinets were in rough shape. Worst thing were the ants crawling on the nightstand between the two beds and on the walls in the bedroom. This was our reason for checking out the same night we arrived. We were disappointed that we had to call two days later to remind them to process our refund. We expected a follow up the next day, especially considering the circumstances.

That we received a refund when we decided to leave that evening.

Slightly above average, I would stay there again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like the breakfast. The hash browns were not tasty and the fruit tasted strange like it was canned or had something on it to preserve it but made the taste and texture strange. I would like one more pillow. I love lots of pillows.

I really liked the room and the suite layout. The staff were very nice.

It was terrible.
    • King Suite - Hearing Accessible

The condition of our room, A maintenance man working on our room when we arrived, and the service we received at the front desk when we complained.

My room smelled! The staff was not helpful at all. The general manager should have called me. He took the easy way out and responded to my email.

We accomplish what we came to Schaumburg for.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Kitchen had egg on the dishwasher. No ice buckets. We were told to use a bowl. There were no bowls. We used measuring cup. Neighbors were loud and were smoking. We thought something was on fire. We called and we didn't get a follow up call. I had to ask about it when I checked out. Hair on the sheets. Black smugs on tables, light switches, woodwork.

It was enjoyable.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Allow me to watch Netflix with my blueray player. TV not compatible for streaming.

The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast was better than average. Enough room so you can move around without feel claustrophobic.

Comfortable Bed, Clean Bathroom, Able to cook

Some amenities are old - My friend's room's toliets didn't flush well - Small space to open window

Comfortable Bed, Clean Bathroom, Able to cook

I had an enjoyable experience.
    • Non-Smoking One Bedroom Double Suite

Really nothing I can think of. The only issue I had was initially not having a room that connects to outside directly but the staff made the appropriate changes for me.

The staff was very accommodating with switching my room for easy convenience with parking and entering the suite.

Great Facility. Staff just needs to pay more attention
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Upon check in my card was charged way more money then it was suppose to be charged for. Employees at the front desk said someone had switched my rate (ON THEIR END) at the last minute. So I have to wait 3-5 days to be reimbursed do to their mess up. Totally unacceptable

very clean. Felt just like home

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The food wasn't great. The dinner was pretty light (chicken noodle soup) and they had salad, fruit and vegetables. I had a piece of cheese that had mold on it. The breakfast was just OK. Not great, but not horrible. Eggs, sausage patties, french toast was hard, oatmeal tasted funny. Some of the breakfast fruit seemed old. So don't go for the food. But the room was great.

The bed was very comfortable. The room had a full kitchen! And they will bring you groceries! Our suite had three rooms - the bedroom, living room/kitchen, and bathroom. Very nice space.

Wonderful stay.
    • King Suite - Hearing Accessible

When I arrived, I was very hungry and tired. From 5pm-7pm, they had free food and drinks. It was so nice because I did not feel like going anywhere to get something to eat. The food was really good.

Overall a nice experience though!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning couldn't be adjusted so it was very hot at night.

Breakfast wasn't great but it was nice to have a full suite and king bed in our room.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Very Disappointing!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

I was very very disappointed. My previous experience at Homewood Suites was excellent. I took photo' of the slime/green in the pool which was the view from our room. I took photo of the wall paper coming off the bathroom wall that showed mold! The elevator made loud noise as if it did not fit the connection; the bathroom door would not close so there was no way to have any privacy. The evening reception was not open for the holiday. Over all very disappointing and I would not stay at this hotel again and not recommend it to anyone else. I expect appropriate compensations as a Hilton HHonors member. Thanks.

Location and staff were helpful plus friendly. The evening reception served wine.

Pool down!!! Left with 4 feet of dirty water left in it . deginitely a hasard!!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool was down and they only had caution tape around it and there wasat 4 ft of dirty water in it if a child went wandering they could fall in and drown it was very upsetting to me I dont understand why they dont drain it out. That is very unsafe. The water was so bad you wouldnt probulay even see a child if they fell in. I really couldnt believe it. So dangerous!!!!.

The rooms were great staff was friendly.

Felt like home!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved the coziness of the room. The bed was comfortable and the ceiling fan was a huge bonus! It felt like an apartment and not a hotel. Great breakfast too!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Breakfast was average.....we are not really happy in our stay.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was not as good as we use every day. Bas was not firm , I didn't had a good sleep. Shower was so slow, it was very difficult to take bath both days.

Kitchen area was helpful. Parking was close by.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Nice property with so so service
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had a Dr's appointment that was located close to the hotel and requested a late check out when booking. Booking.com sent the request and a day later it was approved to allow me a late checkout before 2. When I checked in I confirmed that I had the late checkout and was told "no, i didn't and the latest would be 12:30". Luckily i booked thru booking.com and had proof of late checkout at 2pm. Though the employee rolled his eyes at me in discuss, I was grateful to not have to be wandering around in traffic for any longer than i had to wait for Dr's appointment.

The room was like a converted 1 bedroom apartment. There was a full size fridge and nice 2 burner cook top. There was also surprisingly a dishwasher so cleanup from feeding Fido was a breeze. There was a dinning room area and a living room area that could be closed off with french doors from the bedroom.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

A getaway that still feels like home
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

I'd love to see the pictures for each kind of room match it. Same set of pictures for each room, regardless of description, had me a little nervous coming in...not sure what I was going to get.

Amazing facility felt more like an apartment than a hotel room. Dishes included in the kitchenette really made it feel like home

Okay for the most part
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The heat in room 234 wasn't circulating properly & the bed room was cold but the living room was ok

Suite was clean and when you request something they'll come right away.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Okay for the price
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room wasn't extremely clean when we got there. There was debris in the bathroom on the floor from the previous occupant. The bedspread had a black spot on it. The ceilings were really a mess. Lighting was poor in the living area. We thought the kitchen was going to be MUCH larger based on the photos.

Location was good for us. Separate bedroom was nice. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

You won't be disappointed; nice spot just outside of Chicago
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

liked being in a super clean environment, spotless, clean air. The comforts of home and the polite and helpful staff who made sure everything was correct with the reservation. Fixed an error right on the spot, of course the error wasn't their mistake but they ensured the reservation was for the days I needed. I'd stay there again and again and would recommend this place to others. I give them two thumbs up!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Room was very clean and ready at our arrival.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

TV in bedroom had bad reception. Had to use TV in other room.

Room was very clean and ready at our arrival. Fully stocked Kitchenette was a nice touch.

Desk staff was excellent!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

No screens on bedroom windows, spiders were there instead. Bed was really uncomfortable.

Desk staff was excellent! Very pleasant and knowledgeable. Close to the attractions we were visiting, very nice having large refrigerator!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

This is my family's 2nd visit here & we love it.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

A cleaner pool if possible. A frog was literally floating in the pool

This is my family's 2nd visit here & we love it.We love our stay cations. It's nice to get away & this is a fabulous place.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Great place with Bad wifi
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The wifi was horrible. In fact, I never got to use it as it was far to difficult to get registered to any device. That completely changed our evening plans.

The front desk receptionist Mary was amazing, the pool was very clean and so was our room.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

it's really a great hotel.

Desk personnel should have petty cash for customers making pantry purchases. It sucks that I was charged a fee for buying from the pantry. AND I was paying for the item.

Cleanliness,price,rooms were wonderfully designed and decorated.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Perfect stay!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

Everything was great. The only problem we had is we had a confirmation from booking for two room but they only had one. However, they fixed it and everything was great!

The room, large selection for breakfast
    • Non-Smoking One Bedroom Double Suite

The double beds were on the small side for two people

The room, large selection for breakfast

door to bathroom made loud noise when opening which led to...
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

door to bathroom made loud noise when opening which led to bedroom, which could wake up my wife.

Very nice

Undesirable breakfast

Modern, clean
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not that comfy, bring extra blankets!

Modern, clean

Nice breakfast buffet, quiet rooms. We enjoyed our stay.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Mix up upon checking in, but did resolve.

Good location near restaurants, shopping. Comfortable bed. Fireplace suite very nice.

I thought it had an indoor pool.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I thought it had an indoor pool. I should’ve double checked.

Great staff.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lights heat went out due to local outish. Tv in living room flick on and off

Great staff. Food good. Very ckean

Was nice

The room was cold

Awesome place ,clean , breakfast was good too
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing it was all great

Very clean. Loved that the bedroom was separate

Awesome!!!

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

I check out early than my check out time
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The ants in the bedroom was uncomfortable

Loved it and I will be staying there again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I wish breakfast started at 6am on Sunday.

Love the property. The rooms were very clean with plenty of space.

Not ever staying here again

Very dark

Not sure why employees park in front spaces and make it hard for guests to park

Nice quiet weekend
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Over the weekend breakfast was okay

Friendliness of the staff

Outstanding
    • King Suite - Hearing Accessible

Perfect location, front desk staff friendly and competent

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Very good

Very good

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Homewood leaves the light on for you

The comfort and peace.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

restful and relaxing stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

minor repairs in room-bathroom door needs new lock

Room set up pleasant; nice breakfast selection each day

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

I liked the arrangement of the rooms, the complimentary...

I don't know

I liked the arrangement of the rooms, the complimentary breakfast, and the staff was incredibly nice.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Secret Hide-A-Way
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

The breakfast is horrible

The comfort and the ambiance. An extra joy was the fireplace

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Home away from home

I have no complaints

My family and I love coming here at least once a month. It's close to everything out there in Schaumburg.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Nice Room clean comfortable lots of pillows

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

A good value stay
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Most uncomfortable bed I have slept in

We like that it was convenient to a lot of things locally. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Staff were great, food was great, room was very nice and...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff were great, food was great, room was very nice and clean

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Could not sleep at night with noise
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Poor construction permitting noise from room above .

Facility was well maintained

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

ok
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

The issue with the front desk clerk

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

No we had omelets.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

No we had omelets. scambled eggs would have been better & possibly some kind of breakfast potato

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Overnight Stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Carpets seemed worn and a little dirty.

Roominess. Comfort of the Bed.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Bed was very comfortable.

If you are located on floor one or two, you can literally hear people walking above you.

Bed was very comfortable. The rooms are spacious with a kitchen. My kitchen was missing items, although my colleague's room was fully equipped.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

I loved the hot breakfast offered.

I loved the hot breakfast offered. Many options available. The staff was very friendly! Amy at the desk helped accommodate my children because they wanted to get in the pool. She was very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The front staff was so helpful and friendly!

The room pull-out couch mattress was a little dated.

The front staff was so helpful and friendly! The breakfast items were good too, for the value of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

The staff was friendly and very informative.

We had ants in our room and they over charged us.Had to wait a week to get the money back on my card.One of the TV did not work in our room.. We had to wait til the next day to get it fixed..

The staff was friendly and very informative.. The room was nice for the money. Very comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Convenient and close to attractions.

Our room had a slight odor from time to time unfortunately but I didn't say anything to the staff.

Convenient and close to attractions. The breakfast was very good as well.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

Excellent hotel provided you get a room on the upper floor.

Slept here total of 5 nights, mostly well excerpt for 2 nights. One time there was a loud mechanical noise all night (neighbors aircon or ventilation?) and another night very loud upstairs neighbors and housekeeping activity due to wooden floor/ceiling that creaked amd thumped under each step above us. Staff did relocate us to an upstairs room without amy problems though.

Excellent hotel provided you get a room on the upper floor.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

I was in a smoker's room.

I was in a smoker's room. The gentleman at the desk said I asked for a smoker's room through bookings. I didn't think you could smoke in the hotel motel whatever. I could not sleep i called the front desk at two the line was busy I called at 2:25 no one would answer. In the morning young man at the desk knew I had left a message about the room. At 3:30 I fell asleep. They called me at 7 AM The door was difficult to open At one point I had to get the man from the front desk and he could not open it I sat on the wood stairs and waited for a man to come to fix it. Finally a cleaning person came and she tried and tried and we got it open but then I was afraid to leave the room again until I was ready to go

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Breakfast was great!

We were unable to connect to WiFi consistently. Suggestions made by staff did not help. Unfortunately had to use our data during our stay.

Breakfast was great! Room very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

I liked the amount of space in having the suite.

The rugs felt somewhat damp/sticky. Wish I'd brought slippers. Kept sandals on constantly b/c of how nasty the carpet felt.

I liked the amount of space in having the suite.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2015

We loved staying at the Homewood Suites.

No complaints, almost perfect.

We loved staying at the Homewood Suites. It was much more than we had hoped for. Loved the seperate entrance, full kitchen, seperate bedroom from living area. Bed was better than ours at home. Everyone was very helpful, breakfast was great. I could bloody live there. It reminded me the an exclusive lodge.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

I loved the fact that it was clean, no odors.

I loved the fact that it was clean, no odors. The staff was friendly. I took my daughter shopping at Woodfield Mall & planned to stay there for the night. I didn't want to leave.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2015

Note that the suites have separate outside entrances, so to...

Note that the suites have separate outside entrances, so to get to breakfast you have to walk outside (in the cold and snow in our case) to get to the lobby dining area.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2015

We are grandparents, visiting with children and...

The younger people in the group were disappointed there was no indoor pool. Very cold walk to breakfast rm.in below 0 temps; the locked door on the room side added to the walk time. (Summertime would be a beautiful walk by the pool!) Maybe 2 waffle makers? (the line was too long to wait)

We are grandparents, visiting with children and grandchildren. The separation of bedroom and living rm. areas worked well. Good breakfast with friendly attendants.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Breakfast was delicious.

Breakfast was delicious. Most hotels have terrible food, but not Homeless suites! Low-key comfort. I can always dig that.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Breakfast was good.

none

Breakfast was good.

Excellent service and top class facility

None - I liked everything

Excellent service and top class facility

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

The room was perfect for a family of four.

Everything was perfect for us. Nothing we disliked.

The room was perfect for a family of four. Breakfast was delicious

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

The bed was very comfortable.

Not enough utensils in kitchenette (forks, spoon, cold beverage cups, etc...)

The bed was very comfortable. The suite atmosphere was very relaxing.

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.